Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
Steersman

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by Steersman »

This just in from CFI. Seems Ron Lindsay not particularly impressed with Watson's latest screed. Of note though is that (surprise, surprise) Zvan weighs in and attempts to take Lindsay to task:
http://www.centerforinquiry.net/blogs/e ... ate_forum/

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Ron Lindsay - 'Hemant Mehta Did Not “Endorse” a Hate Forum': http://www.centerforinquiry.net/blogs/e ... ate_forum/

Zvan's already spitting razors in the comments. :lol:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ron Lindsay defends Hemant Mehta.

In the comments, Stephanie Zvan isn't amused:
Actually, Ron, yes, there is an endorsement in there. It isn’t the world’s most broad or ringing endorsement, but the idea that it’s somehow strange to call the people who have spent nearly four years now harassing me, Rebecca Watson, and other outspoken feminists “trolls” is saying we should take them more seriously than that. Saying we should do that because they uncovered plagiarism in those many years of obsessive scrutiny of their targets is saying they have value.
Then she gets creepy:
Also, we can see you. Starting with the person you compared to North Korea then had to apologize to is not just “somewhere”.
Poor Ron can't ever, ever stray away from the narrow path of ideological purity. The Big Sister Zvan is watching.

paddybrown

Re: Dr Christian upsets TERFs

Post by paddybrown »

Billie from Ockham wrote: Maybe because, when your arguments suck, the best/only way to win the debate is by social pressure.
That's the thing. SJWs do actually think they're nicer than everybody else - and they think their niceness is so self-evident they can behave as obnoxiously as they like towards people they deem "not nice", and that doesn't reduce their niceness in any way.

Having said that (in response to struth's comments about TERFs), the real TERFs, the serious ones like Julie Bindel, are nasty psychos on the same level as the SJWs. They're not nice either. The fact that SJWs don't like them, and the fact that some trans activists are also nasty psychos, doesn't change that. The TERF-wars are a dispute between two groups of radical feminists, both of whom think women are good and have human dignity and men are bad and do not, who only disagree over which category to put trans women in.

Most people aren't transphobic, but trans people are a tiny minority and a lot of people are, through no fault of their own, trans-ignorant. What would help is a campaign that would help ignorant people become less ignorant, more aware and more understanding. That means addressing people's ignorance, being prepared to answer questions. What doesn't help is going at it SJW-style, declaring anybody who doesn't magically know how to deal with trans people's issues and isn't magically on board with all the current terminological shibboleths right now to be a bigot. The kind of language policing that bans any way of referring to the sex that a trans person is transitioning from actively impedes understanding. Non-trans people trying to get in on the righteous victim action by calling themselves "genderqueer" or "genderfluid" or "non-binary" and demanding their own unique pronouns don't help either. There are those who actually have gender dysphoria, and there are also those who just want to be able to force everyone else to acknowledge their imaginary friend, because making other people say things they know aren't true for the sake of a quiet life makes them feel powerful.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Dammit, Steersmans'd.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Dick Strawkins wrote:An analogy (fuck off steersman) might be to compare it to the idea of Myers using an expression like 'uppity negro' when he criticised Jamila Bey. Of course he wouldn't do that because he knows that his audience would take that as an example of racist language. On the other hand he obviously has no clue about the effect of his words on Irish people who have had these kind of insults flung at them by bigots.
Broadened the scope a bit.

feathers

Post by feathers »

HunnyBunny wrote:I'm happy to see Jesper isn't around, he appears to be stable so lets hope it last. Watched a video of him when he was in a band & touring America, not bad. There's nowt as queer as folk *.
Ah, you've discovered him. They were doing well on the indie stations in Europe, and even appeared on Roskilde Festival. Band made 1 album I think, and then silently disappeared. It was only last January I realised why.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Karmakin wrote:
Tribalism is a thing that we as humans naturally gravitate towards. That's simply the way it is. Well, at least most people, as there are some exceptions. Anyway, we can show tribalistic traits just as much as anybody else. I think the combative nature of this place helps to bulwark against it to a degree. People are expected to disagree with one another, so there's always that check. That we have people from all over all of the spectrums here in one place will do that. That said, the 'Pit isn't perfect, but nobody is claiming that it is. Just that we're not doing anything that many other people have done. Most of the stuff here is well within normally acceptable boundaries for progressive activism.
I hope you'll not take offense if I say that with the state of modern liberalism, I'd rather not consider my own beliefs "progressive."

That said, I also don't subscribe to the opinion that one should gravitate to whichever of the two false dichotomies is the least toxic at the moment. In other words, Skep's previous comment about the right wing being relatively less extreme and comparatively more reasonable might be true, but I have faith in the ability of both mainstream political parties to completely fuck up everything once given power.

I'm more and more convinced that the mainstream parties aren't so much two distinct political groups as a single hydra with two heads. Both parties are authoritarian and support crony capitalism, in any case.

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

TERFs and SJWs are as bad as each other: the best thing to happen in the last few years is these two toxic groups turning on each other.

On the one hand you have old school anti-sex feminists who think men are having sex changes just to ogle them in changing rooms; on the other you have people disrupting fundraising campaigns for cervical cancer because it's trans-exclusionary.

Shatterface

feathers

Post by feathers »

Scented Nectar wrote:[Markuze] was here for a while, and said something very interesting. Myers was claiming to have been stalked by him for 20 years. Markuse said that PZ lied, and that it was only 3 (or 4 - can't remember) years. I believe Markuse in this one. He wasn't denying the stalking, just correcting how many years that PZ had exaggerated it to.
I'm surprised that he would have said anything coherent or interacted with any other person directly, because all I've ever seen from him are insane ramblings and link copypasta. Everywhere. For years.

PZ reported his first encounters with Markuze were on Usenet in 1993. If so, DM was obviously posting in some group, so he was not necessarily addressing Myers directly. The timespan may still be correct.

James Caruthers

Re: Men ingratiating themselves…

Karmakin wrote:
Struth wrote: PZ Myers not only ingratiated himself with so many feminists , so successfully, he managed to distract everyone from the rape allegation levelled at him, by an actual, real woman!
Meanwhile, he cheerleads aggressive men with long hair.
PZ doesn't know yet that he'll be a TERF within 5 years. Oh, that's going to be a clusterfuck.
I think you've nailed it.

The TERF ideology of women first and fuck all others really is perfect for SJWs. Can't wait for his inevitable Damascus Road conversion.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:Ron Lindsay - 'Hemant Mehta Did Not “Endorse” a Hate Forum': http://www.centerforinquiry.net/blogs/e ... ate_forum/

This is going to be hilarious.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Comment number 8 by Stephanie Zvan:
“[The slime pit] correctly uncovered plagiarism on [PZ Myers’] blog network [and therefore should not be deemed trolls by anyone].”
Proving Hemant endorses the SlymePit/a hate site by quoting words he never said. That's fucking gold.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Ron Lindsay has got a fucking cheek, like.
Moaning about the level of discourse in the atheist community and continuing to employ Melody Hensley is a bit fucking rich.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Comment number 8 by Stephanie Zvan:
“[The slime pit] correctly uncovered plagiarism on [PZ Myers’] blog network [and therefore should not be deemed trolls by anyone].”
Proving Hemant endorses the SlymePit/a hate site by quoting words he never said. That's fucking gold.

Damn, she's a piece of work, ain't she! :lol:

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:

Damn, she's a piece of work, ain't she! :lol:
Brazen as fuck!
she also cheekily adds "I added nothing".
Great banter.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tony Parsehole wrote: Brazen as fuck!
she also cheekily adds "I added nothing".
Great banter.
Zvan is a doubleplusgood doublethinker.

feathers

Post by feathers »

I'm afraid Melody Hensley is going to have to get out of bed. Someone make her a good, strong coffee without ptsd.

Struth

Re: Dr Christian upsets TERFs

Post by Struth »

paddybrown wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote: Maybe because, when your arguments suck, the best/only way to win the debate is by social pressure.
That's the thing. SJWs do actually think they're nicer than everybody else - and they think their niceness is so self-evident they can behave as obnoxiously as they like towards people they deem "not nice", and that doesn't reduce their niceness in any way.

Having said that (in response to struth's comments about TERFs), the real TERFs, the serious ones like Julie Bindel, are nasty psychos on the same level as the SJWs. They're not nice either. The fact that SJWs don't like them, and the fact that some trans activists are also nasty psychos, doesn't change that. The TERF-wars are a dispute between two groups of radical feminists, both of whom think women are good and have human dignity and men are bad and do not, who only disagree over which category to put trans women in.

Most people aren't transphobic, but trans people are a tiny minority and a lot of people are, through no fault of their own, trans-ignorant. What would help is a campaign that would help ignorant people become less ignorant, more aware and more understanding. That means addressing people's ignorance, being prepared to answer questions. What doesn't help is going at it SJW-style, declaring anybody who doesn't magically know how to deal with trans people's issues and isn't magically on board with all the current terminological shibboleths right now to be a bigot. The kind of language policing that bans any way of referring to the sex that a trans person is transitioning from actively impedes understanding. Non-trans people trying to get in on the righteous victim action by calling themselves "genderqueer" or "genderfluid" or "non-binary" and demanding their own unique pronouns don't help either. There are those who actually have gender dysphoria, and there are also those who just want to be able to force everyone else to acknowledge their imaginary friend, because making other people say things they know aren't true for the sake of a quiet life makes them feel powerful.
I absolutely agree -- there are unsavoury TERFs, but they're not all the same.
In saying the above, Gia isn't a TERF-TERF; she's merely stating reality.

No one should be slavishly supportive of TERFs, or SJWs -- each issue should be judged on its own merit. I'll disagree with TERF-TERFs while also defending-to-the-death their right to free speech, and defend them from lies.

In a recent piece, Helen Lewis (who some SJWs erroneously regard as a TERF, when she isn't - she's a liberal lefty) was critical of boorish men who wear drag just to mock people. She has empathy, compassion. Lewis and Milinovich seem like really nice, tolerant people. It pains me to see SJWs target them for lies and bullying. I find it really immoral and cowardly when SJWs start campaigns to malign them.

It has been gratifying to see Gurdur and Jeremy (PhilosophyExp) being supportive of them. I think it's always good to rise above the drama and defend victims, no matter what their allegiance is.

It's mental that Bindel was no-platformed by the NUS. While she expresses some unpopular views, she's no fascist.

I saw SJWs gloating that they got Kate Smurthwaite cancelled. She's allowed to have anti sex work views!! Her show wasn't even on sex work.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

I can see the glimmer of a point there. He says "people [who PZ] deems trolls, (even though they correctly uncovered plagiarism on his blog network)". It does imply he doesn't agree with PZ's opinion of the pit. Even misrepresents PZ a bit. It's a more charitable description of the pit than PZ would ever give. It's not surprising that from Zvan's point of view not describing the forum in a vituperative enough manner is the same as glowing endorsement. Merely challenging/disagreeing with the idea that the pit is a "hate forum" and it's denizens all harassing, doxing, mysognist, hate mail spammers has increasingly been a source of friction between PZ Myers and a number of atheist individuals and organizations. Mostly because PZ insists on accusing anyone criticizing him of being secret Slymepitters, which is deluded. Post #20 on the CFI thread by Iamcuriousblue is good imo. Especially when he says that "the size or relative influence of the Slymepit forum" in Myer's mind is "out of all proportion" to reality (paraphrased).

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Skep tickle wrote:
[youtube]Qh2sWSVRrmo[/youtube]

Really?

Post by Really? »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Ron Lindsay - 'Hemant Mehta Did Not “Endorse” a Hate Forum': http://www.centerforinquiry.net/blogs/e ... ate_forum/

This is going to be hilarious.

Yeah, I can't be the only one who has a raging boner or ladyboner right now.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

NB: Lindsay carefully avoided addressing whether The Slymepit is indeed a hate forum in the first place, only that Mehta did not endorse it.

It is, after all, a forum. And many here hate Stephanie Svan. But we hate her for her coprophagy.

:hankey:

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

I wouldn't say I hate anyone over at FTB. There's much more fucked up people to hate tbh. Despite Myer's brave call to fuck a random ice cream salesman into the ground, he's never actually harmed anyone. I do hate a lot of their ideas though. That's not necessarily the same thing.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Of course, Stephanie is right about one thing: she adds nothing.

:bjarte:

Really?

Post by Really? »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

NB: Lindsay carefully avoided addressing whether The Slymepit is indeed a hate forum in the first place, only that Mehta did not endorse it.

It is, after all, a forum. And many here hate Stephanie Svan. But we hate her for her coprophagy.

Zvan is doing an excellent job of following L.Ron Hubbard's dictates: always attack. Never defend. Notice that she's not defending PZ. She's not defending Watson. Instead, she's attacking Hemant and trying to pretzel his language to mean something it clearly didn't.

She's very good at what she does. I'll bet she's an OT IV.

Crabman

Post by Crabman »

I'm excited to see if the FTB crowd will continue to drive the "all opposition is Slymepit" and "everyone who disagrees is a racist misogynist" rhetoric if this minor fracas expands.

Whenever PZ has been a subject on other atheist and skeptic forums there's a bunch of people who show up to reminisce about a time in which he was less crazy and they read his blog. Clearly most of them aren't involved here, plenty of them say they haven't read his or any FTB blog in years. Seems to be a common undercurrent right now of disaffected people reacting (at last) to the insanity.

And it would have been even more contained had the reaction from FTB not been to swarm and call people names once again, kinda proving Nugents original point.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Skep tickle wrote:
Watching Steph flail in that CfI comment stream is a riot. :popcorn: Steph fancies herself oh so clever, but the only place where she's the smartest person in the room is a porta-potty.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

feathers wrote:I'm afraid Melody Hensley is going to have to get out of bed. Someone make her a good, strong coffee without ptsd.
That's the part I can't get past. Isn't Ron Lindsay her boss and, therefore, to some extent responsible for her behavior? If so, where the fuck does he get off writing anything about people who might be having a bad effect?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Perhaps Zvan is taking a queue from Islam. Where it seems anytime you mention Mohammad (peace be upon him), you must tack on that additional acknowledgement.

In Zvan's cult, whenever you mention the slymepit (that hive of villainy), you must acknowledge how horrible that it is or else you are seen to be endorsing it.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

QFT. The part in bold (thanks to yours truly) is especially important. SJWs actually hurt the chances of trans people being accepted by society at large with their uncharitable assumptions about third parties, rage-blogging, easy outrage and yelling. There's a reason why, say, Martin Luther King didn't go around screaming "Die white scum" but said "I have a dream [of equality]".

He actually wanted change, not an easy outlet for his offended feelings. He knew he needed to turn enemies into allies, not to yell at his allies and hold them to impossible standards.

Pearl clutching people who want to live in "safe spaces" are incredibly ineffectual. And wannabe revolutionaries who call for a complete, rapid subversion of society have only managed to give us disasters and suffering.

Effective activists for any cause know that they have to engage with people and be willing to talk politely to anyone who will listen, even if they disagree with their cause. It takes them time and effort , though, two things that the SJWs don't want to invest, because on the internet finding a shoulder to cry on and whine about your poor fee-fees is very easy, and has always been far easier than improving people's lives.
No one should be slavishly supportive of TERFs, or SJWs -- each issue should be judged on its own merit. I'll disagree with TERF-TERFs while also defending-to-the-death their right to free speech, and defend them from lies.
This is also very important. I actually don't like labels a lot. They're easy ways to sum up a cluster of different positions. Some people are extremists even by SJW standard, while others are more "moderates" or at least willing to disagree at times and engage "the enemy". Ideally you should engage with all sorts of people who are willing to at least a) not distort your words or someone else's words (like Zvan), b) not have double standards (like Melody Hensley: "they're evil harassers and gave me PTSD" vs. "I'm a strong opinionated woman so I'll mock them, poor MRA man-babies") and c) in general, not to lie.

The problem with SJWs is that the extremist gatekeepers enable a system where there's competition at who's going to be more pure.

Authoritarian extremists like Zvan and Gilliel make sure that no "ally" ever has doubts. They milk their status as "oppressed"as much as possible to score more victim points and shame people who dare to criticize them. That's why Zvan is so obssessed with how much the Slymepit mocks her. Perpetual victimhood is the source of her gatekeeping power. If you ever criticize her you HATE WOMEN are are SCUM.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:
Watching Steph flail in that CfI comment stream is a riot. :popcorn: Steph fancies herself oh so clever, but the only place where she's the smartest person in the room is a porta-potty.
I like the way that Svan describes the 'pyt as obsessive, while making 10 posts in a thread about it.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

feathers wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:[Markuze] was here for a while, and said something very interesting. Myers was claiming to have been stalked by him for 20 years. Markuse said that PZ lied, and that it was only 3 (or 4 - can't remember) years. I believe Markuse in this one. He wasn't denying the stalking, just correcting how many years that PZ had exaggerated it to.
I'm surprised that he would have said anything coherent or interacted with any other person directly, because all I've ever seen from him are insane ramblings and link copypasta. Everywhere. For years.

PZ reported his first encounters with Markuze were on Usenet in 1993. If so, DM was obviously posting in some group, so he was not necessarily addressing Myers directly. The timespan may still be correct.
He paused from his rambling style to correct the length of time claimed by PZ, and I thought I had blogged it at the time, but I can't find it now. It makes sense that Myers would take indirect postings as a direct thing though. That's probably the answer to the two different time lengths.

Struth

Post by Struth »

Steersman wrote:This just in from CFI. Seems Ron Lindsay not particularly impressed with Watson's latest screed. Of note though is that (surprise, surprise) Zvan weighs in and attempts to take Lindsay to task:
Becky is salty:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Billie from Ockham

What does it mean when a person uses the word "wade" for "weigh"? Is that a subtle form of fat-shaming?

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

She's "inverting" the words. I've never even heard of this practice. In her (made-up?) rules, she gets to switch people's words to things they never said "to make it more straightforward for you". This is insane. Certifiable. Where did she come by this magic loophole to allow strawmanning?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

I read the post and I agree completely. She's making a very reasonable point: genetically, people who identify as trans ARE male. This is very important because they can, for example, be hemophiliac, or have Huntigton's Disease, which is unlikely to happen to people who are genetically female.

Thinking that you can magically wish genetics away is potentially dangerous. If trans women truly believe they're women in every aspect they may, for example, forget or willingly ignored to get tested for hemophilia and Huntington's Disease even though they should. I'm sure that others can come up with many dangers associated with the idea of completely rejecting your genetic make up as relevant to your identity.

And then you find pearls like this:
Not only this person calls a woman "bitch", but she says that she "went full cishet white man". Oh the irony. :lol: (By the way, wouldn't that make her a trans man?).

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Kirbmarc wrote:Ron Lindsay defends Hemant Mehta.

In the comments, Stephanie Zvan isn't amused:
Actually, Ron, yes, there is an endorsement in there. It isn’t the world’s most broad or ringing endorsement, but the idea that it’s somehow strange to call the people who have spent nearly four years now harassing me, Rebecca Watson, and other outspoken feminists “trolls” is saying we should take them more seriously than that. Saying we should do that because they uncovered plagiarism in those many years of obsessive scrutiny of their targets is saying they have value.
Then she gets creepy:
Also, we can see you. Starting with the person you compared to North Korea then had to apologize to is not just “somewhere”.
Poor Ron can't ever, ever stray away from the narrow path of ideological purity. The Big Sister Zvan is watching.
Oh, those wacky dictionary atheists!!!

http://slymepit.com/staticimgs/stephdic.jpg

Struth

Becky complaining about "bigots", shaming critics

Post by Struth »

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

SJW and her ally:

Shatterface

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

I always thought most of the hate for the pit came from the horde and such. To my mind, the leaders mostly found us an easy scapegoat, one they would have to invent if it didn't already exist. However, some of the invective seems genuinely hate-driven, not just playing along for their gullible minions. Am I misreading them, or are they being quite genuine?

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

feathers wrote:

Before you know it, Myers will be claiming Markuze started stalking him in First Grade and he's been a life-long victim... Kind of like his routine retconning of his feminism...

Billie from Ockham

Who had "Stephanie Zvan makes an absolute fool of herself in a place where comments can't be deleted by authors" on the 2015 bucket-list pool?

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

I don't hate Svan. If people wouldn't bring her up, I would have forgotten she even existed by now. She's a complete and utter nothing in atheism. And here is her google-graph, which is basically confirming that she's a 'non-entity who doesn't have enough mentions for us to graph her:'

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q ... cmpt=q&tz=

And it doesn't make me 'better' than her. I come up empty, Lusoma comes up empty, lots of pitters and bloggers come up empty. But at least most of us recognize the universe doesn't revolve around our opinions.

Struth

Post by Struth »

Kirbmarc wrote:
I read the post and I agree completely. She's making a very reasonable point: genetically, people who identify as trans ARE male. This is very important because they can, for example, be hemophiliac, or have Huntigton's Disease, which is unlikely to happen to people who are genetically female.

Thinking that you can magically wish genetics away is potentially dangerous. If trans women truly believe they're women in every aspect they may, for example, forget or willingly ignored to get tested for hemophilia and Huntington's Disease even though they should. I'm sure that others can come up with many dangers associated with the idea of completely rejecting your genetic make up as relevant to your identity.

And then you find pearls like this:
Not only this person calls a woman "bitch", but she says that she "went full cishet whi te man". Oh the irony. :lol: (By the way, wouldn't that make her a trans man?).

Yes - precisely!

This monstering of good people hurts me. Milinovich is just trying to get on with her life; she doesn't deserve this. It must be mentally draining.

CaughtUpLockedOut

Post by CaughtUpLockedOut »

Those comments under Rl's blog are a riot.

Slymepit=Stormfront, lol. Lianna...Is that Russel Glasser's missus?

Malady is in a bit of a pickle, it seems, what with her post about disassociating from those who disassociated from PZ, and Ron's blog post.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Lianna wrote:Ron, did you not listen to a thing you were told at WiS2? Apparently not, because you obviously haven’t learned anything. Don’t you know how much harm the Slymepit has caused women in atheism? Why are you so soft on a site full of known cheerleaders for rape and eager practitioners of the worst type of misogyny? Don’t you remember how they have brutally attacked one of your own employees, FFS? Are you really this clueless and insensitive?
Lianna wrote:Unless you don’t care about CFI being seen as a misogynistic organization that doesn’t care about women, you need to specifically call out the Slymepit for what it is - a dangerous hate site on par with Stormfront. And also issue an unconditional apology for your inexcusable behavior. And you need to do it NOW.
God, we're really evil. Just as evil as Nazis.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Zvan and Watson, angry together. Oh my.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Lianna wrote:Ron, did you not listen to a thing you were told at WiS2? Apparently not, because you obviously haven’t learned anything. Don’t you know how much harm the Slymepit has caused women in atheism? Why are you so soft on a site full of known cheerleaders for rape and eager practitioners of the worst type of misogyny? Don’t you remember how they have brutally attacked one of your own employees, FFS? Are you really this clueless and insensitive?
Lianna wrote:Unless you don’t care about CFI being seen as a misogynistic organization that doesn’t care about women, you need to specifically call out the Slymepit for what it is - a dangerous hate site on par with Stormfront. And also issue an unconditional apology for your inexcusable behavior. And you need to do it NOW.
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/fac ... 32/474.gif

(this image is the top hit when I Google image search for 'triggered')

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Ape+lust wrote:Zvan and Watson, angry together. Oh my.

hahaha shame we can't link gifs on CFI's blog

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

dogen wrote:
FUUUUUUUCK! I just image searched "triggered".
Poor cow. That must be harsh.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I always thought most of the hate for the pit came from the horde and such. To my mind, the leaders mostly found us an easy scapegoat, one they would have to invent if it didn't already exist. However, some of the invective seems genuinely hate-driven, not just playing along for their gullible minions. Am I misreading them, or are they being quite genuine?
Eh, it's about as genuine as any other hate of the out-group.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Zvan and Watson, angry together. Oh my.

hahaha shame we can't link gifs on CFI's blog
No need, she sees it. She's probably got every Pit post in a Storify that grinds their servers.

James Caruthers

Tony Parsehole wrote:Ron Lindsay has got a fucking cheek, like.
Moaning about the level of discourse in the atheist community and continuing to employ Melody Hensley is a bit fucking rich.
I think his dream is to become her toilet slave.

James Caruthers

feathers wrote:I'm afraid Melody Hensley is going to have to get out of bed. Someone make her a good, strong coffee without ptsd.
Considering one of the few events she attended was Drinking Skeptically, someone is going to have to make her coffee Irish.

James Caruthers

Billie from Ockham wrote:
That's the part I can't get past. Isn't Ron Lindsay her boss and, therefore, to some extent responsible for her behavior? If so, where the fuck does he get off writing anything about people who might be having a bad effect?
Because he's a hypocritical wanker. He wants things in the atheist-skeptic community to magically fix themselves (become less toxic) in a way that doesn't require him to stop kissing toxic SJW ass.

Reading PZ Myers or Hensley or any of these fucks is not much different from listening to Rush Limbaugh.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Well yeah, I mean obviously.

James Caruthers

Tony Parsehole wrote:
dogen wrote:
FUUUUUUUCK! I just image searched "triggered".
Poor cow. That must be harsh.
I never stop laughing. Hensley is a top meme on the chans.

It couldn't have happened to a nicer pretend victim bully.