Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
Service Dog

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by Service Dog »

....Pit Bulls and Rottweilers are responsible for the majority of fatal dog attacks. That could be because of training, not because of breeding, but it’s a reputation that’s not entirely undeserved.
Especially the Black ones!

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

My positive feelings about Ashley Miller were short-lived, killed by:
The problem with Nugent isn’t that he is unwilling to publicly condemn Shermer, it’s that he publicly condemns PZ for calling Shermer a “putative assailant” and for pointing out Shermer’s changing stories.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Sulman wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Wasn't it Pycon where Adria Richards pull her stunt?
Indeed, in 2013. I wasn't at that one, though. That incident doesn't get mentioned, although a room full of adults still applauded the fact that there's a 'code of conduct' now.
I'm afraid FOSDEM is also going that way.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Regarding Ashley's claim that the image she posted at the top of yesterday's first post is a rape joke, and the second image she posted is supposed to be her getting shot for being her (http://freethoughtblogs.com/ashleymille ... l-shermer/), I asked this bunch of intellectual frauds the following:
I have a sort of challenge for the Outrage Squad, in regards to the so-called rape joke at the beginning of the original post:

1. Please contextualize it for us; explain what is going on?
2. What is the joke about; what is being joked?
3. Who, if any, are the targets of the joke?
4. What, specifically, is so bad about this so-called rape joke?

I have a second challenge for the Outrage Squad. Supposedly, the image from (I think) Downfall that shows one individual shooting another individual, is (ironically; figuratively; satirically; any/all/none of those?) representing Ashley being shot by someone. So:

1. How do we know it represents Ashley?
2. What is the context?
3. Why is (supposedly) Ashley being shot?
4. By whom is (supposedly) Ashley being shot?

OK gang. Get to it. Tell us why the Outrage Squad is so outraged by all this, to me, completely and utterly context and mostly content-free screenshot stuff? What’s the bad? Wherefore the outrage? Explain it.

I must admit, I expect crickets and/or wholesale misrepresentations, strawpeople, and gish gallops.

C’mon; let’s play!
As expected, so far it's just crickets all the way down.

Bunch of chickenshit frauds (http://freethoughtblogs.com/ashleymille ... ent-484732).

Old_ones

Re: PZ Myers' rape

Post by Old_ones »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Two names :

Hugo Schwyzer and Jian Ghomeshi

And time to face facts. As a man you do really want to bump uglies with any woman who identifies as a feminist these days?

Seeing as the term seems to increasingly mean the (and paraphrasing Abbie), "shit smeared, dancing around the fire, cray cray" type you are looking at a false rape accusation the minute she gets upset with you.

So yep, seeing as a lot of women see only PUAs like Schwyzer and Ghomeshi and Shermer and all the rest as derps who live in their Mom's basement like Anthony K or friendzoned orbitors like PeeZuss I do not see what the issue is as your chance of getting laid are slim to none in the first place.
I don't currently date, but if I ever go back to that, feminists* are high on my list of people to avoid. I have a fairly close friend who is actually married to one, and I don't know how he manages to tolerate her. Her snide comments about "white males" are enough to piss me off, and I rarely see them. At this point I'd rather date a baptist, and be hectored about how I'm going to hell for avoiding religion and listening to metal. At least the things the hypothetical baptist hates about me are things that I've chosen.

I do have some friends who are pretty clearly feminists, but they aren't the sort of people I turn my back on. They can be fun to talk to as long as the subject doesn't turn into identity politics. On the other hand, I don't trust feminists, because I have every reason to believe they would knife me in the back if they felt it was important for their political principles. I guess you could say I've put them in the "acquaintance zone".

-------------------------------------------------------------
*With the exception of "equity feminists" who seem to be regarded as feminists by no one but themselves, and don't represent the mainstream of modern feminism, IMO.

Garlix

Post by Garlix »

AndrewV69 wrote:OK peeps, from time to time I see Vox Day attacked across the spectrum as vile etc. etc. including here I might add but, although I have read him from time to time (he is on my RSS feed) I can not say I have actually seen anything by him to justify the vitrol.
You may have noticed that your standards were not exactly aligned with those of the population at large.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

AndrewV69 wrote:So I need a link to Vox Day being bad and not just trolling. By all means if you think that he is really on the level and not trolling let me know please.
You do know that Day predates even Atrios's blog, right?

http://www.eschatonblog.com/

That was the first progressive blog using actually blogging platform software, as far as I know. If he's trolling he's been trolling for just under a decade and a half. That's a loooooooong time.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Actually now that I think about it I think Steve Gilliard might have been before Atrios. I'm not sure. Anyway, point being that Day was around in the early 2000's, and he was even more obnoxious then. That's a long time to troll. He really is an ultra-traditionalist. That said, there's room for ultra-traditionalists in the sci-fi community IMO. Same as every other political ideology.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

So I did this horrible thing

[youtube][/youtube]

It's a short really rough really fucking nervous take.

Tell me how horrible it is. (Please note I'm trying to be very very moderate in order to actually change people's minds)

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Bah. Right link

[youtube]8Cp735kYbgo[/youtube]

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

John Greg wrote:Regarding Ashley's claim that the image she posted at the top of yesterday's first post is a rape joke, and the second image she posted is supposed to be her getting shot for being her (http://freethoughtblogs.com/ashleymille ... l-shermer/), I asked this bunch of intellectual frauds the following:
I have a sort of challenge for the Outrage Squad, in regards to the so-called rape joke at the beginning of the original post:

I have a second challenge for the Outrage Squad. Supposedly, the image from (I think) Downfall that shows one individual shooting another individual, is (ironically; figuratively; satirically; any/all/none of those?) representing Ashley being shot by someone. So:

2. What is the context?

OK gang. Get to it. Tell us why the Outrage Squad is so outraged by all this, to me, completely and utterly context and mostly content-free screenshot stuff? What’s the bad? Wherefore the outrage? Explain it.

I must admit, I expect crickets and/or wholesale misrepresentations, strawpeople, and gish gallops.

C’mon; let’s play!

Bunch of chickenshit frauds (http://freethoughtblogs.com/ashleymille ... ent-484732).
No one seems to have seen or commented on my post about it - probably because I linked to the Slymepitâ„¢.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ashley replied:
Ashley Miller wrote:To me, the image reads as if we’ve all been raped and we are rating our experience of the rape, which I find deeply disturbing. I think one could make an argument that we have all watched a rape without intervening and we’re rating it, which is also disturbing. The image itself doesn’t provide enough context for me to determine which is correct, though I imagine there is some inside ballgame info I’m missing.

Here’s the full video: There’s an earlier one:
It is me because I am named. I am committing suicide, lol, by patriarchy, lol, for oppression points, lol, so I can win at the oppression olympics or something similar in concept.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

John Greg wrote:Regarding Ashley's claim that the image she posted at the top of yesterday's first post is a rape joke, and the second image she posted is supposed to be her getting shot for being her (http://freethoughtblogs.com/ashleymille ... l-shermer/), I asked this bunch of intellectual frauds the following:

2. What is the context?

C’mon; let’s play!

Hold on just a minute! That sounds suspiciously like I was actually granted some recognition.

I am positively verklempt.

Give me a moment.

Okay. To give some details, which I'm going to go out on a limb and say were absent from the original post, here's what was actually depicted:

A character in the original "Downfall" (named "Inge") who was "playing" Ashley Muller (yes, indeed representing Miller) insisted that a fellow SJW (and member of the Peezus Youth) shoot her, in an attempt to garner enough oppression points to advance to the final of the 2014 Whine-Off.

I appear to have been busted. Clearly, a death threat.

Dave

Post by Dave »

2. What is the context?

C’mon; let’s play!

I went to check this shit out, but Cloudflare tells me FTB is offline. :lol:

I saw welch posting earlier, do you think it was a DOS attack?

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Shatterface as Guest wrote: Since when where pitbulls associated with black men? In the UK they have been associated with the white working class (or underclass) at least as far back as Oliver Twist.

Shatterface

Absolutely, they are an essential part of chav lifestyle.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/staticarchive/ebd9 ... 4819d7.jpg

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Tigzy wrote:Just saw this little exchange on Hemant's Athiest Ireland piece, and found it most lulzworthy.

http://i.imgur.com/CHcwIBI.png
http://i.imgur.com/qCkHM0M.png

'Michael Gray (if that is your real name)' Classic! :lol:
"Atheist Island" :D

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Gefan wrote:

2. What is the context?

C’mon; let’s play!

Hold on just a minute! That sounds suspiciously like I was actually granted some recognition.

I am positively verklempt.

Give me a moment.

Okay. To give some details, which I'm going to go out on a limb and say were absent from the original post, here's what was actually depicted:

A character in the original "Downfall" (named "Inge") who was "playing" Ashley Muller (yes, indeed representing Miller) insisted that a fellow SJW (and member of the Peezus Youth) shoot her, in an attempt to garner enough oppression points to advance to the final of the 2014 Whine-Off.

I appear to have been busted. Clearly, a death threat.
...so if that is what constitutes a death threat to her, a spoof of her asking to get shot so that she can gain enough oppression points to win the oppression olympics, I think she clearly has earned more oppression olympic points.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

JayTeeAitch wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Just saw this little exchange on Hemant's Athiest Ireland piece, and found it most lulzworthy.

http://i.imgur.com/CHcwIBI.png
http://i.imgur.com/qCkHM0M.png

'Michael Gray (if that is your real name)' Classic! :lol:
"Atheist Island" :D
I know. Fucken LMAO. I like MKG but oh man ... LOL.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Sunder wrote:PZ backs another plagiarist:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... nt-see-it/
That Melanie's looking like a good new poe over there:
Rinn and other neocons attacking a brave journalist – Hari was only grassed up because the fucking neocons came after him. He was exposing the neocons for what they are, so…boom…he suddenly gets exposed for plagiarism.
It happens to other heroes who attack the New White Supremacist Atheists and their neocon enablers like Ayan Hirsi Ali and Maajid Nawaz. CJ Werleman bravely exposes these neocons, and then, yep, you guessed it, he gets exposed as a plagiarist.
We need to stand up to the fucking neocons and their fucking enablers.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

I want to post something on Ashley's blog, but although I divided my text in clear paragraphs the "preview" shows it as a wall of text. Is there any way to fix this or is this just a preview issue?

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

HunnyBunny wrote:Johann Hari is not a plagarising, sock-puppet-running, ethically challenged journalist. His is the saviour of humanity, a brave person, please get it right

http://i.imgur.com/XuYznLb.png

Has the Poe possiblity of Melanie been discussed yet?
Bloody gingered!

Billie from Ockham

What I'm waiting for is Ashley Miller's explanation of this (which is in the OP of the second thread):
The problem I have with Michael Nugent fundamentally boils down to his 9/17/14 blog post in which he equivalizes his complaints about PZ’s tone in his posts to PZ agreeing to post a firsthand account of rape in which the victim names her rapist.
This seems to say that Michael Nugent attempted to make equal Michael Nugent's own complaint about P Z Myers' tone and P Z Myers' posting an account of a rape.

What does that even mean?

And if you actually go back and read Michael Nugent post, what is she talking about?

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Kirbmarc said:
I want to post something on Ashley's blog, but although I divided my text in clear paragraphs the "preview" shows it as a wall of text. Is there any way to fix this or is this just a preview issue?
That's just the way it previews. It will actually post OK.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

John Greg wrote:Kirbmarc said:
That's just the way it previews. It will actually post OK.
OK, good to know. Thanks!

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
dog puke wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Secular Woman is a hate forum.
Rapist.
You must be joking.
Problematic. {smoke signal sent}

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Karmakin wrote:For what it's worth I do think Jenn is right...and Feminism is actually relatively meaningless in all of this. It just happens that a large swatch of modern feminists have decided to fully embrace in-group/out-group dynamics in order to try and achieve progress...the big problem with that of course is that seixsm/racism/etc. are just quite frankly different expressions of in-group/out-group dynamics so in the end they're going to end up doing more harm than good.
What progress are these modern feminists trying to achieve? I doubt gender feminism is driven by much more than chips on shoulders from dysfunctional childhoods. Even the early feminists were physically violent and given to such things as shaming men into conscription.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:Speaking of sad puppies, this is the image the ASPCA uses to illustrate pets used as pawns in domestic abuse situations:
https://www.aspca.org/sites/default/fil ... ok=snpLQ23_

The ASPCA page depicts women as the only victim-gender & men as the only perps-- as does the feminist bill, now in committee in Congress: the Pets And Women Safety (PAWS) Act of 2015:

My ex who abused me threatened to put down my horse while I was away.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:Took my wife out to dinner.

Neither of us read a book.

Fuck you Peez.

http://i.imgur.com/OZ4aAcQ.jpg
I met my GF for lunch the other day at a local sandwich shop. When the owner brought us our meals, she apologized for "interrupting" us. She then joked about us using her restaurant to have an affair (she knows us, so it was all in good fun.)

Southern

Post by Southern »

AndrewV69 wrote:
I know. Fucken LMAO. I like MKG but oh man ... LOL.
Now, to be fair to MKG, some people may have concluded that Godfrey Elfwick is a Parsehole puppet, and some people may think that his trolling is harming the opposition to the SJW kebab.

I myself think it's hilarious and I'm a sucker for good trolling, so even agreeing with them on the instance of trolling/sockpuppeting, I cannot bring myself to ask Parsehole to stop it. Keep the good work, man.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Karmakin wrote:For what it's worth I do think Jenn is right...and Feminism is actually relatively meaningless in all of this. It just happens that a large swatch of modern feminists have decided to fully embrace in-group/out-group dynamics in order to try and achieve progress...the big problem with that of course is that seixsm/racism/etc. are just quite frankly different expressions of in-group/out-group dynamics so in the end they're going to end up doing more harm than good.
What progress are these modern feminists trying to achieve? I doubt gender feminism is driven by much more than chips on shoulders from dysfunctional childhoods. Even the early feminists were physically violent and given to such things as shaming men into conscription.
Honestly..catharsis.

If it wasn't this issue it would be something else that gives that emotional high.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Brive1987 wrote:Took my wife out to dinner.

Neither of us read a book.

Fuck you Peez.

http://i.imgur.com/OZ4aAcQ.jpg
I like to eat while reading - my mom always berated me for that since I was 6, and I with the years of practice I managed to get good in not spilling food over the book/magazine I'm reading while I eat. Of course, that's one of the various reasons why I always eat alone.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Karmakin wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Honestly..catharsis.

If it wasn't this issue it would be something else that gives that emotional high.

The ability to lay a smackdown on authoritarian religious types, may have been what attracted many of the SJW types to the A/S movement to begin with.

The way that they accept radical feminist theory without reservation makes one question their claims to being skeptics.

you cannot help but notice that any counter to their claims is met with similar responses that you would get from questioning a truther about their beliefs.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Karmakin wrote:Bah. Right link

[youtube]8Cp735kYbgo[/youtube]
You sound like a white male. FLOOSH!!!

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

I'm Scottish/French in background. Couldn't be more white if I tried.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

I am actually exhaling a huge sigh. My question is after all the back and forth between Atheist Ireland and a few other organizations, what is the end result? It's disheartening but PZ Myers won't stop doing what he's doing without an actual consequence. He doesn't care that he and his minions are vomiting out stuff that is considered reprehensible or vile. His minions are more than happy to continue with disgusting comments and tweets and what-not because people who think PZ Myers is an online deity will continue with their "porcupine ass" filling and more. They don't care. They will never stop to think that this is the EXACT sort of crap they were put through as either an atheist or a skeptical person. These people (including PZ Myers) think at this point they are above and beyond. Everyone that disagrees is a peon or someone to be ridiculed, shunned, or shamed. I would really like to think that Michael Nugent and Atheist Ireland could make a difference. But the sad reality is that people in numbers who think that PZ is a fucking skeptical god won't see his as doing any wrong. He is above reproach as far as they are concerned. They are a rabid bunch that will not quit in their devotion. This is why I don't spend as much time on here or FTB any more. Because the insipidly stupid will always attach themselves to the insipidly vacuous. It's the way of the world even with the Internet and people who are supposedly more enlightened. They will always cling to the ones that bark the loudest and most moronic. And that's a sad statement all around.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Greta Christina has a new post up, on the Secular Policy Institute post.

She starts out saying you appear to be talking about PZ, and ends feigning ignorance as to who it could be about.

In between she says, if you want to my friend PZ's feet to the flames, these other old, white dudebros (Harris, Dawkins, Bohossian) are also contenders for the angry man awards.

While asking for some definitions.

Possibe contender for the most pointless post since Disassociationgate started.

Her post script is the announcement 'I'm back...'

http://web.archive.org/web/201504131812 ... institute/

Guestus Aurelius

So this Hugo Awards business... can someone tell me if I have the gist of it?

The "Sad Puppies" people complained about the injection of politics into the Hugo Awards, argued in favor of voting on merit alone, and put out a list of people/works they'd like to see win. It goes viral, and lots of people consequently sign up to be voting members.

Then a very controversial person named Vox Day piggybacks on all this with his own "Rabid Puppies" and his own list of people/works he'd like to see win. This likewise goes viral and inspires Vox Day's fans to sign up as voting members.

People/works endorsed by "Sad Puppies" and/or "Rabid Puppies" win Hugo Awards.

SJWs are angry.

SJWs lash out at "Sad Puppies" and "Rabid Puppies," often (purposely?) conflating the two. The "Sad Puppies" people are falsely accused of being in cahoots with this Vox Day fellow and sharing his controversial positions. Some mainstream media sources uncritically accept and publish this SJW narrative.

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

Service Dog wrote:Speaking of sad puppies, this is the image the ASPCA uses to illustrate pets used as pawns in domestic abuse situations:

The ASPCA page depicts women as the only victim-gender & men as the only perps-- as does the feminist bill, now in committee in Congress: the Pets And Women Safety (PAWS) Act of 2015:

Presumably bunny boilers are exempt.

http://cdn2-www.afterellen.com/assets/u ... o1_500.gif

Shatterface

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Spike13 wrote: The ability to lay a smackdown on authoritarian religious types, may have been what attracted many of the SJW types to the A/S movement to begin with.

The way that they accept radical feminist theory without reservation makes one question their claims to being skeptics.

you cannot help but notice that any counter to their claims is met with similar responses that you would get from questioning a truther about their beliefs.
Spot on. I've felt for a long time that a good chunk of the atheist community's atheism was just a function of their political ideology & that giving their worst social impulses moral permission was what drove them politically.

The smug, self-righteous moral exhibitionist types were easy to spot & seemed like the photo negatives of the worst of the Christian Right. The opportunity for that sort of exaggerated moral posturing has always been a big attraction within the movement.

They aren't natural skeptics. They're natural ideologues addicted to the moral orgasm of shouting The Other down as heretics. The Atheism+ approach was/is better geared to allow those so inclined to engage in that sort of behavior.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:So this Hugo Awards business... can someone tell me if I have the gist of it?

The "Sad Puppies" people complained about the injection of politics into the Hugo Awards, argued in favor of voting on merit alone, and put out a list of people/works they'd like to see win. It goes viral, and lots of people consequently sign up to be voting members.

Then a very controversial person named Vox Day piggybacks on all this with his own "Rabid Puppies" and his own list of people/works he'd like to see win. This likewise goes viral and inspires Vox Day's fans to sign up as voting members.

SJWs are angry.

SJWs lash out at "Sad Puppies" and "Rabid Puppies," often (purposely?) conflating the two. The "Sad Puppies" people are falsely accused of being in cahoots with this Vox Day fellow and sharing his controversial positions. Some mainstream media sources uncritically accept and publish this SJW narrative.
Pretty much. I think the conflation of Sad Puppies with Rabid Puppies (despite the fact that Sad Puppies is in its third year) is the SJW's second attempt to discredit SP. They had to come up with something after the egg on their faces when they accused this guy of racism:
http://home.comcast.net/~brad.r.torgers ... am2008.jpg

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

My ex who abused me threatened to put down my horse while I was away.
Bastard. But it beats me how she picked it up in the first place...

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

I was reading a bit on the sad puppies thing.

Apparently when the SJW types stuff a ballot box it's perfectly fine.

But, let someone else do it, or merely Even allowing others to voice their opinions, is beyond the Pale.

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

When a man fights a rabbit it's usually in self defence:

https://collectionofawesome.files.wordp ... zpcha2.gif

Shatterface

Guestus Aurelius

SP = Suppressive Persons
SP = Slyme Pit
SP = Sad Puppies

SP = Serendipitous Phonemes?

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

Greta Christina "is back". Not unlike smallpox & tuberculosis.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Spike13 wrote:I was reading a bit on the sad puppies thing.

But, let someone else do it, or merely Even allowing others to voice their opinions, is beyond the Pale.
Goddammit, science fiction is a place where transqueer elephantkin should have their voices heard, so the need to win every award. Oh, but they should be the transqueer elephantkin who share our politics. Those who don't can go fuck themselves.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Cunt of Personality wrote:Greta Christina "is back". Not unlike smallpox & tuberculosis.
Just ask her an awkward question, and she'll be away again, busy with something she realised she totes needs to do even though she could have refuted your argument quite easily.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Video embedding.

[youtube]rXFKTekTUxo[/youtube]
Introduced by an American man wearing a kilt. Cultural appropriation? Bhoytony?
No, true cultural appropriation would be eating a deep-fried Mars bar. They all do that.

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

Tigzy wrote:
Cunt of Personality wrote:Greta Christina "is back". Not unlike smallpox & tuberculosis.
Just ask her an awkward question, and she'll be away again, busy with something she realised she totes needs to do even though she could have refuted your argument quite easily.
Sorry, I don't have time to read your post right now.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

A medley about Dr. Dick Carrier and the impending sad story of his impending old age:
[youtube]gDkLSjsiqlM[/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Damned edit button, one too many impendings. :doh:

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Holy shit.
In case anyone thought that pretentious clowns existed only among the Baboons:

[youtube]jwO2CuzNy5c[/youtube]

Between the cigarette, the drink, the lisp, and the outfit that could me most charitably be described as "heavy metal cowboy on a night out at the leather bar", the net effect is Richard Simmons, dressed as Lemmy, trying to impersonate Hitch.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

HunnyBunny wrote:Greta Christina has a new post up, on the Secular Policy Institute post.

Possibe contender for the most pointless post since Disassociationgate started.

Her post script is the announcement 'I'm back...' [on my meds]

http://web.archive.org/web/201504131812 ... institute/
FTFY

Billie from Ockham

Guestus Aurelius wrote:SP = Suppressive Persons
SP = Slyme Pit
SP = Sad Puppies

SP = Serendipitous Phonemes?
I was about to post this, but decided to scan down a bit, in case I was ninja'd.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Tigzy wrote:http://i.imgur.com/bIWphwT.png

:whistle:
"Thanks for altering me"??? What did you do to him you bastard!

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:So this Hugo Awards business... can someone tell me if I have the gist of it?

SJWs are angry.

That's mostly it.
But there was quite a bit of overlap between the Sad Puppies and Rabid Puppies slates.
That's partly because Vox Day may be a sexist asshat (though he is not white and not racist) but even he recognizes some women can write. And his slate was still based on what and his readers perceived as quality. And like it or not I think his readers care more about story than politics, at least when compared to the SJW's, so I have to say I back both slates.

Also the two authors mentioned refuse to totally disown Vox simply because they disagree with him on some things.
I understand why people here hate Beale, and I'm not much of a fan myself. But he's being accused of beliefs even he does not hold and compared to an SJW who doxxed and made death threats to people - things to my knowledge he has never done.
Even Vox Day can be smeared and that is what the SJW's and their captured press (because it never tries to get the other side of the story) have done.
To use a phrase in this case I think Vox is on 'the side of the angels'.

Lastly, Vox has been a strong supporter of Gamergate.As am I, and I suspect most here. And even though there is not much evidence that Gamergate at large has joined either campaign (at least if you check the sites Gamergaters congregate on), but , by association, Vox is accused of bringing them into the frey.

It's a real mess, but it is a good example of how many modern online media outlets are easily captured by lies, esp when the truth isn't so sexy.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Tigzy wrote:
:rimshot: :lol: :lol: :lol:

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Spike13 wrote:I was reading a bit on the sad puppies thing.

Quite. Here's somebody called Mary Robinette Kowal (via archive.today - her website is currently down, but a number of people have had the foresight to cap it) who, after explaining what the Sad Puppies thing is all about, high-mindedly offers to buy ten supporting memberships to Worldcon (with Hugo voting rights) for people "who cannot afford it", and and act as a broker on behalf of several other people to buy more supporting memberships (one of whom would "prefer it if people make the offer to their own communities so that we get diverse representation among the supporting members"). She asks people to write a paragraph about themselves and why they'd like a supporting membership, but "just because I want to know a little about who I'm helping out" because she'll be picking the names at random.

Don't see any possibility of ballot-stuffing there.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I hope that's a typo on Tatchell's part: in the cat world, altering means having your nuts cut off.