Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
CaptainFluffyBunny

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

dogen wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
A woman I was dating kept pestering me to do a specific sex act. I didn’t want it at first but eventually I changed my mind.
That was me, actually, not him. I wanted to show the supporters of "Crystal Clear Consent" how fucked up it is.
Wheelbarrow? Mongolian Shag-Swing? Dirty Sanchez?
And..pics or it didn't happen.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

:rofl:

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

:lol:

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Some of the recent comments over at Ashley Miller's have got me thinking...

Going to the police is not a perfect solution when one has been the victim of a crime. Nobody disputes this.

But what do we do about it?

Most reasonable people say: let's try to make it better, even though it can never be perfect.

SJWs say: let's pool our collective outrage and demand that it magically become better while not personally devoting energy to making that happen. And in the perpetual meantime, let's discourage victims from going to the police and encourage them instead to use other venues that are and always will be demonstrably worse and actively harmful.

The SJWs aren't just letting the perfect be the enemy of the good; they're forcing it into unholy matrimony with the bad.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Eskarina wrote:
:D

The makeup, satin gown, and 100 hands of the Patriarchy before she's had her eggs... IOW, it's Monday for Melody Hensley.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Ape+lust wrote:
Eskarina wrote:
:D

The makeup, satin gown, and 100 hands of the Patriarchy before she's had her eggs... IOW, it's Monday for Melody Hensley.
I shook so hard with laughter that I hit the "Submit" button instead of "Preview", hence the double post. :D

The original reminded me somehow of Nigella Lawson, not because of the model's looks, but the setting. Not quite unfitting, I think.

But I love that patronising hand that shows the direction to the plate.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Eskarina wrote:But I love that patronising hand that shows the direction to the plate.
With a wedding ring on a right hand, no less.

Billie from Ockham

Guestus Aurelius wrote:The SJWs aren't just letting the perfect be the enemy of the good; they're forcing it into unholy matrimony with the bad.
This is why people need to keep pressing, since Ashley Miller appears to be listening. What Michael Nugent objected to was P Z Myers posting a second-hand, anonymous accusation against a named person. It does not matter if the accusation had sufficient evidence in Myers' [clearly biased] opinion; you don't make a public accusation against which there can be no reply. Period.

That the name of the accuser came out later is as irrelevant as the subsequent additional evidence (from Wagg) and the article in Slate, since Nugent's complaint was about the Grenade post; if one allows acts to become justified by later events, then nothing can ever be unjustified. The entire discussion of whether there is sufficient evidence against Michael Shermer now misses the point and ends up supporting an attack on Michael Nugent for something that he never did. The question that needs to be put to people like Ashley Miller is whether they can see why some people found the Grenade post to be evidence that P Z Myers does things to hurt people. The question is not whether the gist of the claims made in the Grenade post turned out to be warranted; the question is whether the Grenade post, itself, at the time that it happened, was appropriate.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Some Lurker wrote:So Lee Lemon ain't so dead.

[youtube]FF25rfQ2Mk4[/youtube]
Have Lee Lemon and Rebecca Watson ever been seen at the same time? (Or am I missing the joke and Lee Lemon is a known sock of Rebecca Watson?) Right down to the messed-up eye-teeth and partial vocal-fry.
I thought the same thing, although Lemon is (obviously) more appealing than Watson. Teeth aside, I think she has a sexy mouth.

Post by Guest »

http://i.imgur.com/SP8kUUH.jpg?1

Perhaps ergonomics is the true opressor.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Steersman wrote:"Xtra!, Xtra! Read all about it! Hot off the press!" The Melby Foundation Official Statement of Disassociation
The Melby Foundation is publicly dissociating itself from the hurtful and dehumanizing, hateful and violent, unjust and defamatory rhetoric of Nugent’s comments section. The final of many, many straws was its latest smear that if PZ Myers and Alex Gabriel were given power that they would send people to “re-education gulags”, and its subsequent description of the out-group as “a community of personality disordered individuals with high degrees of narcissism”.
:popcorn: ;)
The "Melby foundation" shows us that it is competitive with Atheist Ireland in its secular advocacy work:
melby wrote:The Melby Foundation promotes atheism, reason and ethical secularism. We fight on twitter a lot. I mean – a lot.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/fac ... palm-1.jpg

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

deLurch wrote:
piginthecity wrote:
Cunt of Personality wrote:http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2832104/thumb ... -570.jpg?7

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in a long time. Who the fuck holds a spatula like that?
Not to mention : Who fries eggs while dressed in an immaculately clean lilac silk dressing gown ? Who scoops up a fried egg without having a plate nearby to put it on ? And Who can manage to sneak up in front of a woman who's standing up at a cooker as opposed to behind ? Where the heck is the rest of that guy's body ?
It isn't there. It is never there for her. All she experiences is the oppressive hand of the Patriarchy constantly reaching out of no where to keep her down.
It's a post-modern collage. Note the Andy Warhol print on the wall behind her. Clearly a reference to the radical feminist writer of the SCUM manifesto, who shot Warhol.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Cunning Punt wrote:
deLurch wrote:It isn't there. It is never there for her. All she experiences is the oppressive hand of the Patriarchy constantly reaching out of no where to keep her down.
It's a post-modern collage. Note the Andy Warhol print on the wall behind her. Clearly a reference to the radical feminist writer of the SCUM manifesto, who shot Warhol.
And notice how she is not frying sausages, which are phallic symbols, but an egg, symbol of fertility and thus of her own femaledom.

If she identifies as a female, i.e.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Penn Gellete show:
http://cdn46.castfire.com/audio/522/345 ... pisodes%2F

1:23:30 - Skeptic Stuff Death Threats convo with a skeptic woman

Charles MacGruder

Post by Charles MacGruder »

PZ has just been served a subpoena by Ben Radford. Bitches, whines, wonders if Radford is "doing the asshole version of a vanity search?".

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... en-served/

Nerd weighs in:
Bullies must bully. It is all an effort at intimidation. A very laughable person. Being ignored as he has been is hard on the ego.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Charles MacGruder wrote:PZ has just been served a subpoena by Ben Radford. Bitches, whines, wonders if Radford is "doing the asshole version of a vanity search?".
Nerd weighs in:
Bullies must bully. It is all an effort at intimidation. A very laughable person. Being ignored as he has been is hard on the ego.
Archived Version:
http://web.archive.org/web/201504151649 ... en-served/

Dave

Post by Dave »

Eskarina wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:
deLurch wrote:It isn't there. It is never there for her. All she experiences is the oppressive hand of the Patriarchy constantly reaching out of no where to keep her down.
And notice how she is not frying sausages, which are phallic symbols, but an egg, symbol of fertility and thus of her own femaledom.
So the picture represents how Teh Patriarchy forces women to destroy their own femininity?

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Eskarina wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:

If she identifies as a female, i.e.
Don't ASSUME, mansplaining shitlord.

Struth

Post by Struth »

jjbinx007 wrote:Struth is to transfolk as Steersman is to black people.
I can't even.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

pz myers wrote:
Ben Radford's Lawyer's Demand wrote:All communications, including email and voicemail communications, letters or memoranda, to or from Karen Stollznow from January 1, 2013 through the present including, without limitation, communications relating to Ben Radford by name or by implication.

All email and voicemail communications to or from any person, persons, groups or organizations relating to Ben Radford or Karen Stollznow or both of them.

Copies of all blog posts or comments authored by you that relate to Karen Stollznow and/or Ben Radford.
Is this some kind of fishing expedition? Or is Radford just doing the asshole version of a vanity search?
I did a search. I’ve got ONE (1) email from Karen Stollznow in my email archive from that date that mentions Radford. Sorry, guy, there really isn’t a conspiracy, and there isn’t a collection of juicy stories that are being passed around behind your back. We’re just not that into you. Stollznow and I are casual acquaintances, I’m sorry to say, so we also haven’t indulged in much offscreen chit-chat.

Just curious, legal people out there: it would be easy to forward that one email, but I’m really not keen on helping this guy dig for trash. Am I legally obligated to send it along?
Also, in a strike against his vanity, I don’t talk about Radford behind his back — he’s just not that interesting. Everything I’ve said about him has been on the blog.

That blog has a simple search function. Use it yourself.
If that is all pz myers hands the lawyers, I highly suspect that pz myers is not complying with the order.

1. What about tweets & direct messages?

2. What about the FtB's back channel email distribution list? If I am not mistaken, the way those email list servers work is that they preserve correspondence, so just because those email discussions sent to pz because he is part of the group, And even if he deleted him from his personal inbox, they should still be available on the listserv.

3. What about comments on his blogs?

I expect that there is an extremely huge chance that pz is lying if he claims the only thing he has in and about the Karen S. issue is a single email.

Also, follow up question. Is pz myers a part owner of the FTB website? If so, then the entire free thought blog website should fall under this order.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Charles MacGruder wrote:PZ has just been served a subpoena by Ben Radford. Bitches, whines, wonders if Radford is "doing the asshole version of a vanity search?".

Nerd weighs in:
Wow, I love PZ's cavellier approach to this. Part of me hopes he continues it, fails to consult an attorney and responds in kind. There is little to piss off our courts like not taking the legal process seriously.

I suspect hes just playing up for his horde.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Dave wrote:So the picture represents how Teh Patriarchy forces women to destroy their own femininity?
Exactly.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Nerd weighs in:

So after receiving legal documents, however trivial they may seem to be to him, he thinks it would be a great idea to put up a blog post and discuss it all publicly. Maybe with lots of shit flying around at the moment he might have decided to exercise a bit of caution and keep this quiet, if only for a short while, but I really don't think he can help himself. He really is a plum.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Struth wrote:
I can't even.
You have been a tad obsessive about transfolk. Bringing up lots of them, and we have no clue who they are.

There are lots of transfolk who are not assholes, that do have issues with their Gender Identity and fitting in with society. We know this. I suspect a large number of us sympathize with them.

Yes, we do pick on a few select individuals. But I believe it is primarily because they have been pulling some hypocritical shit, and have been attacking others.

I honestly don't give a shit about the fights between the keyboard warrior rad fems & trans. Both sides have given us enough shit. They can fight their own issues.

tina

Post by tina »

Something tells me fried eggs may suddenly become popular in der Peezus bunker...

Billie from Ockham

deLurch wrote:Also, follow up question. Is pz myers a part owner of the FTB website? If so, then the entire free thought blog website should fall under this order.
He does not need to produce these, given the wording of the subpoena. It says "Copies of all blog posts or comments authored by you that relate to Karen Stollznow and/or Ben Radford" [bolding added], so he doesn't even need to include the comments on his posts.

With that said, when the subpoena demands "all emails" you must make a good-faith effort to retrieve those that you have deleted. If you can't get them back, then you reply with a comment to that effect and leave it to the party issuing the subpoena to take it up with, for example, gmail or the blog-software owner.

There's more to responding to a subpoena than a ten-minute search of your inbox and outbox.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Dave wrote:

Nerd weighs in:
Wow, I love PZ's cavellier approach to this. Part of me hopes he continues it, fails to consult an attorney and responds in kind. There is little to piss off our courts like not taking the legal process seriously.

Exactly what I thought.

How's this going to go in court:

Attorney for BR: Dr. Myers. You were served a subpoena requesting all copies of blog post relating to this matter. I have scanned the material you submitted, and have found multiple examples of relevant material you did not supply. Would you care to explain to the court why you did not comply with the subpeona?

PeeZus: The blog has a search function, shitlord. Use it yourself!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

deLurch wrote:
Struth wrote:
I can't even.
You have been a tad obsessive about transfolk. Bringing up lots of them, and we have no clue who they are.

There are lots of transfolk who are not assholes, that do have issues with their Gender Identity and fitting in with society. We know this. I suspect a large number of us sympathize with them.

Yes, we do pick on a few select individuals. But I believe it is primarily because they have been pulling some hypocritical shit, and have been attacking others.

I honestly don't give a shit about the fights between the keyboard warrior rad fems & trans. Both sides have given us enough shit. They can fight their own issues.
Don't worby about him: he's just another struther.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Lsuoma wrote:
Exactly what I thought.
He's going to cave and do it. Everything else is bluster.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Have Lee Lemon and Rebecca Watson ever been seen at the same time? (Or am I missing the joke and Lee Lemon is a known sock of Rebecca Watson?) Right down to the messed-up eye-teeth and partial vocal-fry.
Oh my God, precisely. Why do they all look the same?

Struth

Post by Struth »

deLurch wrote:
Struth wrote:
I can't even.

Absolutely, categorically, most trans-folk are overwhelmingly pleasant and affable.
A few extremists, such as the ones that moderate the blockbot, and their pals, are causing significant discord within feminism.
They are bullying Peter Tatchell. Peter Tatchell!!! He's a famous gay rights campaigner.
This is an example of a TERF I don't care for.

You are always welcome to scroll past my posts. I apologise to you and others who just don't care.

I agree with your point about both sides as having been problematic for us.

Billie from Ockham

Lsuoma wrote:How's this going to go in court:

Attorney for BR: Dr. Myers. You were served a subpoena requesting all copies of blog post relating to this matter. I have scanned the material you submitted, and have found multiple examples of relevant material you did not supply. Would you care to explain to the court why you did not comply with the subpeona?

PeeZus: The blog has a search function, shitlord. Use it yourself!
Let me add another, given that Karen Stollznow's lawyers have almost definitely made sure that she has completely complied with the subpoenas (subpoenae?) given her:

Attorney for BR: Dr. Myers, you were served with a subpoena for all correspondence to or from Karen Stollznow. We have several such correspondence in response to the same demand of Karen Stollznow which were not produced by you. Would you care to explain to the court this discrepancy?

Dave

Post by Dave »

deLurch wrote:Also, follow up question. Is pz myers a part owner of the FTB website? If so, then the entire free thought blog website should fall under this order.
He does not need to produce these, given the wording of the subpoena. It says "Copies of all blog posts or comments authored by you that relate to Karen Stollznow and/or Ben Radford" [bolding added], so he doesn't even need to include the comments on his posts.

With that said, when the subpoena demands "all emails" you must make a good-faith effort to retrieve those that you have deleted. If you can't get them back, then you reply with a comment to that effect and leave it to the party issuing the subpoena to take it up with, for example, gmail or the blog-software owner.

There's more to responding to a subpoena than a ten-minute search of your inbox and outbox.
First, I dont believe PZ is a part owner. I recall several posts by Ed TwoCows to the effect that FTP was 100% his.

Second, it depends on a number of things, particularly how FTB is set up, but no even if PZ owns a part of FTB, that wouldnt necessarily make the subpoena apply to FTB.

Third, while item 3 specifies "authored by you", items 1 & 2 do not, so if it did apply to FTB (although it should not if PZ and/or TwoCows had any brains in how they set it up, but I recognize having such goes against all evidence to date) then they would apply to any emails or communications stored on FTB servers.

*** All information for discussion purposes only, go see a friggin' lawyer in your state, stop paying attention to idiots like me on the web! I mean really, how good a lawyer can I be if I have this much time to post on the web? ***

Billie from Ockham

Also, someone should send Ben Radford's lawyers a copy of the link to the archive of P Z Myers' blog post from today (in case he deletes it, especially after consulting a lawyer of his own). There are no boundaries set on the demand for blog posts, so the one that he just made needs to be included (and it won't make him look good).

Idiot. When things get serious, you keep you mouth shut and your fingers off the keyboard until after you talk to a lawyer.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Billie from Ockham wrote:Idiot. When things get serious, you keep you mouth shut and your fingers off the keyboard until after you talk to a lawyer.
PZ, if youre reading here, my previous comment was mostly snark, I do hope you either see an attorney about this or make a good faith effort to comply in full.

Billie from Ockham

To return the favor, Dave, please know that the "idiot" was aimed at P Z Myers, not you or anyone else. I did see what you wrote as snark, same as Lsuoma. I just wanted to say (here, out loud) that you don't even go publicly to others for sympathy or merely to inform them of what has happened; when you get a subpoena, you talk to a lawyer. No passing Go. No $200 (and it's going to cost at least that, if you go to a lawyer who knows what they're doing).

Dave

Post by Dave »

Billie, Im sure you, and everyone else here knows whats snark and whats not. I do tend to get concerned about the cognitive abilities of some lurkers (who would never admit to being here.)

I dont agree that every subpoena needs consultation with a lawyer (ex, I work with an org that does email hosting, for the most part they get a subpoena, they export the whole account to a CD and send it off to the lawyer requesting it, I only get involved if the client is objecting or there is something unusual about the request) but if you have any doubt absolutely talk to one. And whatever you do, do not treat it frivolously, there are few things worse than having to answer to a judge who thinks you are not taking him/her/xe/thon seriously.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Dave wrote:

Nerd weighs in:

Pride cometh before the fall.

I don't know where all of PZ's excessive pride comes from, but this is exactly the same demeanor he displayed in the making of his "grenade post" as well. He didn't seek legal advice until after he made the allegations, and then he put up a blog post about the cease and desist he got from Shermer's lawyers (he later took it down, probably on the advice of his council). I don't know what his problem is, but he seems willing to do things with which could have serious consequences with little consideration. One day his hubris is going to catch up with him, and it very well happen in the course of the Ben Radford lawsuit.

Really?

Post by Really? »

deLurch wrote:Penn Gellete show:
http://cdn46.castfire.com/audio/522/345 ... pisodes%2F

1:23:30 - Skeptic Stuff Death Threats convo with a skeptic woman
Wow. This is awesome. Kudos to Penn.

Nerd weighs in:
http://media.giphy.com/media/JBBq4FCnpy3q8/giphy.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/124000 ... arty-o.gif

Billie from Ockham

I agree that not all subpoenas require a lawyer and apologize for the misleading, blanket statement. But when there's even the small chance that you might end up as a defendant (in a defamation suit), you get a lawyer. That much I'm sure of.

As to the lurkers.... If any are confused by the comments on Pharyngula, most subpoenas in these cases come from a lawyer, so they aren't "court orders" per se, but if you fail to comply or respond, you are still subject to civil contempt and/or criminal contempt. This is serious, as anyone who has been paying attention knows. This is not a "vanity search."

Billie from Ockham

http://media.giphy.com/media/JBBq4FCnpy3q8/giphy.gif

Pareto Principle: Those two guys are 80% of the reason for New Zealand to exist.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Chigau demonstrates zhyr powerful intellect on the PZupoena thread:
chigau (違う)
15 April 2015 at 12:27 pm
Since the comment that I’m writing right now is itself a comment on a post that mentions Ben Radford, will this comment be read into evidence? If so, I would like to say the following. . .
neocon
neocon
neocon

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

Nerd weighs in:
If Peezus is reading this - and we know he does - I'd like to give him my advice.

Peezus, I am one of the greatest legal minds of this generation and my advice is to shit on the subpoena and fling it at the nearest judge.

Trust me on this, I have your best interests at heart.

Judges are like wolves; they only respect those who stand up to them. How do you think OJ Simpson got off?

Cave in now and the judges will lose all respect and just snigger about you.

Trust me on this, Peeze: shit on the subpoena and throw it in the face of a judge.

DO IT NOW WHILE YOU ARE ANGRY AND THINKING STRAIGHT

You'll thank me for that advice later.

Shatterface

Billie from Ockham

Shatterface as Guest wrote:Cave in now and the judges will lose all respect and just snigger about you.
As will Teersman, from what I understand.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Now THIS is how an interview with someone you want to learn more about should be conducted:

http://www.johndbrown.com/what-vox-day-believes/

I congratulate John Brown

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Old_ones wrote: I don't know where all of PZ's excessive pride comes from...
It's to compensate for his very small penis.
... One day his hubris is going to catch up with him, and it very well happen in the course of the Ben Radford lawsuit.
Better to have raised his pick-up instead.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Here's an interesting comment:
busterggi
15 April 2015 at 1:23 pm
Radfor has done it – actually made my opinion of him even lower.
Hope he doesn’t come after my email exchanges w/ Karen Stollnow next.
Could be gold in them thar hills.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Really? wrote:Chigau demonstrates zhyr powerful intellect on the PZupoena thread:
chigau (違う)
Since the comment that I’m writing right now is itself a comment on a post that mentions Ben Radford, will this comment be read into evidence? If so, I would like to say the following. . .
neocon
neocon
neocon
They really do just pick up on and regurgitate whatever stupid buzzword is trending in their group.

Struth

Post by Struth »

Dave wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:Idiot. When things get serious, you keep you mouth shut and your fingers off the keyboard until after you talk to a lawyer.
PZ, if youre reading here, my previous comment was mostly snark, I do hope you either see an attorney about this or make a good faith effort to comply in full.
"If?" Is there any question?! He hangs on this thread's every word.

Shatterface as Guest

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Really? wrote:Chigau demonstrates zhyr powerful intellect on the PZupoena thread:
chigau (違う)
neocon
neocon
neocon
I guess "neocon" really is the go-to word of the day for them. They act like a child who hears his parents swear, then goes to school and says everything is the swear word. They don't seem to actually relate the word to anything meaningful. I wonder if there is any way we can get them to use "S******i" as the next insult-of-the-week?

Really?

Post by Really? »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:Nuge alert :

http://www.michaelnugent.com/2015/04/15 ... -ma-melby/

Shatterface
It will be interesting to see how the wolves respond to the "weakness" Nugent is expressing here.

Billie from Ockham

"Neocon" is "No Coen" spelled backwards. "Coen" is clearly a Jewish name (with the famous film-makers being a great example). Therefore, "neocon" is a thinly-veiled anti-semitic catch-phrase.

Hence, I approve.

- Alex Jones

Shatterface as Guest

Really? wrote:
Shatterface as Guest wrote:Nuge alert :

http://www.michaelnugent.com/2015/04/15 ... -ma-melby/

Shatterface
It will be interesting to see how the wolves respond to the "weakness" Nugent is expressing here.
He mentions he's got another more substantive post is coming.

Shatterface

Git

Post by Git »

Billie from Ockham wrote:"Neocon" is "No Coen" spelled backwards. "Coen" is clearly a Jewish name (with the famous film-makers being a great example). Therefore, "neocon" is a thinly-veiled anti-semitic catch-phrase.

Hence, I approve.

- Alex Jones
Its previous incarnation amongst many progressives and paleoconservatives used to be as an euphemism for "Jew".

I don't see that too much currently in evidence with the SJW usage though.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Git wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:"Neocon" is "No Coen" spelled backwards. "Coen" is clearly a Jewish name (with the famous film-makers being a great example). Therefore, "neocon" is a thinly-veiled anti-semitic catch-phrase.

Hence, I approve.

- Alex Jones
Its previous incarnation amongst many progressives and paleoconservatives used to be as an euphemism for "Jew".

I don't see that too much currently in evidence with the SJW usage though.
Intent isn't magic, shitlord.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

So much popcorn!