Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
subbie1957

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by subbie1957 »

Easy J wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Easy J wrote:A feminist slashes your tires & busts your windshield. You press charges. Feminist says " You care more about tires & windshields than you do about women."
It's even worse than that. In your analogy at least you pressed charges against the feminist themselves.

it goes more like this:

A feminist slashes your tires & busts your windshield. You press charges. A second feminist says you were wrong. A third feminist says you're a fuckwit with no integrity. You reply to the third feminist. The second feminist says " Why didn't you answer to me? You care more about tires, windshields, and petty insults than you do about women."
And then a fourth feminist accuses me of being a rapist/harasser & using my straight white male problems to distract from black issues in Ferguson.
All on a website run and owned by two white males.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Easy J wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Easy J wrote:A feminist slashes your tires & busts your windshield. You press charges. Feminist says " You care more about tires & windshields than you do about women."
It's even worse than that. In your analogy at least you pressed charges against the feminist themselves.

it goes more like this:

A feminist slashes your tires & busts your windshield. You press charges. A second feminist says you were wrong. A third feminist says you're a fuckwit with no integrity. You reply to the third feminist. The second feminist says " Why didn't you answer to me? You care more about tires, windshields, and petty insults than you do about women."
And then a fourth feminist accuses me of being a rapist/harasser & using my straight white male problems to distract from black issues in Ferguson.
Then you get fired from your job because Nerd of Redhead called your boss. Your wife leaves you and takes the children. You can't pay child support and alimony because you lost your job, so you go to jail.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Oglebart wrote:That's a shit move on Ashley Millers part. It seemed as though she was at least willing to listen to other points of view and there was at least a discussion going on, not a complete waste of time I thought. But to write that open letter, whining that MN responded to Carrier first instead of her is laughable. If you ever need proof of the sense of entitlement of an SJW, there it is. Waaahh, listen to me!! Pathetic.
Nugent said he would respond to her. I assumed he was working on the proper response, giving respect through the extra attention...but I'm assuming Nugent is a good guy. Ashley may not think that. Of course, there is also the "MeMeMe!" part - "he responds to click bait but not me! WTF?" She could also take her own words and not respond to Nugent either.

In other news, Vridar has an interesting post on bias in Jesus scholarship (well, Christian origins, but relevant to the historical/mythicist arguments): http://vridar.org/2015/04/17/unrecogniz ... n-origins/

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
CuntajusRationality wrote:An open letter to Michael Nugent
http://freethoughtblogs.com/ashleymille ... el-nugent/
I recognize that you don’t owe me a response, and I feel like you are almost certainly working on one, but I would like to discuss the fact that you saw fit to respond to Richard Carrier before you responded to the “more considered posts” by me, M. A. Melby, or Secular Woman.
I would like to highlight the not unreasonable conclusion that one could draw, that indeed we were already discussing: You prioritize getting into petty internet fights about tone over everything else. In this case, you prioritize getting into petty internet fights about tone over serious-minded discussion about an accused rapist in the movement.
But I think in choosing to respond to the angry tone instead of the nuanced tone you’re guilty of promoting the same thing you’re saying you’re against.
And that’s fine, but I want you to understand the message that all of this sends, because it’s the same message you were already sending: Michael Nugent cares more about tone than he does about women.
That disingenuous dingbat. A rape accusation, in a tittering tabloid style, is not fucking "tone ". Accusing all and sundry atheists who disagree with them, or, dread Cthulhu forbid, be more successful, of misogyny, rape-apologism and such is not "tone".

Of course, if somebody else did to them a tenth of what they do on a regular basis, they'd be crying harassment to the heavens.
Isn't she presenting what is essentially a form of the Dear Muslima argument?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Oglebart wrote:That's a shit move on Ashley Millers part. It seemed as though she was at least willing to listen to other points of view and there was at least a discussion going on, not a complete waste of time I thought. But to write that open letter, whining that MN responded to Carrier first instead of her is laughable. If you ever need proof of the sense of entitlement of an SJW, there it is. Waaahh, listen to me!! Pathetic.
Microanalysis.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

CuntajusRationality wrote:An open letter to Michael Nugent
http://freethoughtblogs.com/ashleymille ... el-nugent/
I recognize that you don’t owe me a response, and I feel like you are almost certainly working on one, but I would like to discuss the fact that you saw fit to respond to Richard Carrier before you responded to the “more considered posts” by me, M. A. Melby, or Secular Woman.
I would like to highlight the not unreasonable conclusion that one could draw, that indeed we were already discussing: You prioritize getting into petty internet fights about tone over everything else. In this case, you prioritize getting into petty internet fights about tone over serious-minded discussion about an accused rapist in the movement.
But I think in choosing to respond to the angry tone instead of the nuanced tone you’re guilty of promoting the same thing you’re saying you’re against.
And that’s fine, but I want you to understand the message that all of this sends, because it’s the same message you were already sending: Michael Nugent cares more about tone than he does about women.
Wow. What a pathetic, whiny bitch. She also needs to tell him whether he's supposed to respond to her original post or to this new one first. I mean, it would be just awful if Michael Nugent replied to the wrong one first. Then she'd have to write another pathetic, whiny post and the whole process would repeat.

Ashley, if you're listening, two points. Some people are actually doing useful stuff, instead of just posting on the internet; be thankful if he respond to you at all. And, second, you don't get to set other people's priority. That's Ophelia Benson's job.

CuntajusRationality

Open Letter to Ashley Miller:

You seem to care care about the look and feel of her own blog than you do about women and minorities. Why else would you waste your limited time, energy, and resources posting this: Prettying up the place

When you could have used that time to address more important topics?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

The bastard also spent time writing these articles too!
http://www.michaelnugent.com/2015/04/17 ... iona-sipo/
http://www.michaelnugent.com/2015/04/16 ... ce-dublin/
http://www.michaelnugent.com/2015/04/16 ... n-aron-ra/

And Oh Look! He already provided one response to Melby!
http://www.michaelnugent.com/2015/04/15 ... -ma-melby/

Nugent, you "worthless bastard," are you spending more time working on Atheist Ireland's core mission!??! I bet you spend some of your time with friends, and relaxation, and having a life too!

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Screw you all. I demand that Nugent respond to my accusations first!

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Really? wrote:
Easy J wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

it goes more like this:

Then you get fired from your job because Nerd of Redhead called your boss. Your wife leaves you and takes the children. You can't pay child support and alimony because you lost your job, so you go to jail.
Which all goes to prove that the patriarchy hurts men too.

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

Badger3k wrote:
Nugent said he would respond to her. I assumed he was working on the proper response, giving respect through the extra attention...but I'm assuming Nugent is a good guy. Ashley may not think that. Of course, there is also the "MeMeMe!" part - "he responds to click bait but not me! WTF?" She could also take her own words and not respond to Nugent either.

In other news, Vridar has an interesting post on bias in Jesus scholarship (well, Christian origins, but relevant to the historical/mythicist arguments): http://vridar.org/2015/04/17/unrecogniz ... n-origins/
Surprised she didn't play the 'why are you answering a man first?' card.

Shatterface

AsTheCrowFlies

Post by AsTheCrowFlies »

So I've been curious about this for some time, and wouldn't mind if some could enlighten me. Everytime I visit here, I see on the homepage that the largest number of users online at any one time was 636. So I was wondering, what weighty event on September 10 2014 brought so many people to the Pit ?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:
Badger3k wrote:

Surprised she didn't play the 'why are you answering a man first?' card.

Shatterface
She did:
Ashley Miller wrote:Two other women have chosen to write about this. And done so in a tone that is much more to your preference than the tone of Mr. Carrier. And yet you choose to write a blog not in response to the women who are trying to have a discussion with you about something that they are deeply concerned about, who are writing in what you consider an appropriate tone. You choose instead to respond to a blog post written by a man relying heavily on the posts written by those women — indeed over half his post is dedicated to linking to the other sources on which he’s based his post.

Billie from Ockham

Shatterface as Guest wrote:Surprised she didn't play the 'why are you answering a man first?' card.
Maybe because it was Richard Carrier. :rimshot:

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

DDOS attack?

Billie from Ockham

Ninja'd and shown to be wrong in the same. Time to go back to gardening.

Guestus Aurelius

(@AsTheCrowFlies)

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

What are the chances I would be able to post a comment on Ashley's blog about Sally Strange sexually assaulting her little brother? After all she has confessed to it so there is no argument about whether it is a false accusation or not.
And Nugent is picky about tone? :lol: Ashley threatened threatened to ban me when I made a mild little quip when one of her snowflake commenters corrected her post about Shermer changing his story. Granted it wasn't that funny, but there was nothing offensive about it and it wasn't like I accused anyone of an extremely serious felony.
Ashley you are indeed a giant hypocrite, not very bright , or a combination of the two. :P

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
subbie1957 wrote:I don't know why people have taken it into their heads that Carrier has a high opinion of himself.

He did concede that he would need a professional scientist to help work out the maths details of his theory that unified quantum theory, gravitational theory and string theory. He didn't think he could do himself, and his task was simply pointing this scientist in the right direction to make earth-shattering breakthroughs.

Just how modest is that?
Carrier’s Theory of Quantum Incoherence

:lol: and bookmarked.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

AsTheCrowFlies wrote:So I've been curious about this for some time, and wouldn't mind if some could enlighten me. Everytime I visit here, I see on the homepage that the largest number of users online at any one time was 636. So I was wondering, what weighty event on September 10 2014 brought so many people to the Pit ?
Godfrey posted his dick pics. Elfen wick'd he is.

Guestus Aurelius

CuntajusRationality wrote:Open Letter to Ashley Miller:

You seem to care care about the look and feel of her own blog than you do about women and minorities. Why else would you waste your limited time, energy, and resources posting this: Prettying up the place

Ding ding ding!

In fact, we could level this argument against virtually everything the FTB do-nothings do.

The gall of an unaccomplished young keyboard activist lecturing a seasoned real-world activist on priorities...

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:

Ding ding ding!

In fact, we could level this argument against virtually everything the FTB do-nothings do.

The gall of an unaccomplished young keyboard activist lecturing a seasoned real-world activist on priorities...
So you saying she is an Uppity Woman. OMG! You mansplaining chauvinistic misogynist ShitLord!! Why do you hate women?

subbie1957

Post by subbie1957 »

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
subbie1957 wrote:I don't know why people have taken it into their heads that Carrier has a high opinion of himself.

He did concede that he would need a professional scientist to help work out the maths details of his theory that unified quantum theory, gravitational theory and string theory. He didn't think he could do himself, and his task was simply pointing this scientist in the right direction to make earth-shattering breakthroughs.

Just how modest is that?
Carrier’s Theory of Quantum Incoherence

:lol: and bookmarked.

Did you bookmark the one where Carrier explained how rape was declining?

Strange. I thought there was a rape culture. Carrier says rape was declining. Can anybody find it?

Guestus Aurelius

AndrewV69 wrote:
Guestus Aurelius wrote:

Ding ding ding!

So you saying she is an Uppity Woman. OMG! You mansplaining chauvinistic misogynist ShitLord!! Why do you hate women?
An uppity do-nothing keyboard warrior, like almost everybody else at FTB.

They're all such spoiled shits. It's hard to believe they're for real sometimes, isn't it?

Really?

Post by Really? »

Dickie C our lord and master responded to Nugent's essay questioning his genius:
Richard Carrier says
April 18, 2015 at 12:28 pm
Yeah. That rebuttal is unhinged. Bizarre even. Somehow pointing out that a lot of his data was collected and provided to him by Slymepitters is me insulting feminists in Atheist Ireland. That’s the weirdest attempt to use feminists as a shield against someone pointing out you are using anti-feminist propaganda. Like “but I have gay friends, so it is insulting to my gay friends to say I’m a homophobe.” I love how he now wants an apology from me for insulting people I never even mentioned nor ever said anything about (they aren’t even the people who wrote the propaganda post I’m talking about!).
As to the rest, people just need to peruse the articles I listed (and even, for example, some of the defenders of AI here in this thread) and compare data, and come to their own conclusion.
For example, the “Nugent criticized PZ before!” argument is disingenuous. We all criticize each other, and get along still; while disagreeing about our tonal preferences, we only care about substance. So that’s never been an issue. It only became a big deal when it started being about Nugent defending Shermer, attacking PZ for giving Smith a voice, and then being criticized for supporting rape apologetics. Only then did he flip his lid, write screed after screed for months and months, and then eventually convince his colleagues to endorse his unsourced propaganda disaffiliation letter, whose content is essentially impossible (or lunacy) to have assembled without the “research” already conducted on the Slymepit, where it was all previously published (just not in one place; maybe Nugent added some items, but most of it is old Slymepit complaints; its being taken out of context, also Slymepit). That his comments on his blog, ever since Nugent starting talking about Shermer, have been populated regularly with by Slymepitters (if not outright dominated by them) only gives away the game.
So people can figure out for themselves in this dispute whose manufacturing spin, and who’s reporting their actual observations.
All "Criticism" is the exact same. Whether you're calling someone a serial rapist or pointing out someone forgot to cite a source.

https://archive.today/tpQsI

And hey, Slymepit assholes. Stop compiling evidence and arguing about the proper and fairest interpretations of that evidence.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

I don't know why some of you were giving Ashley Miller the benefit of the doubt on this one. She's clearly just acting as the front for the Minnesota mafia.
Carrier made defamatory and perhaps even libelous claims about Nugent - claims that could be dealt with in a simple manner. Of course Nugent was going to respond rapidly.

Does anyone seriously think that anything is happening here other than a desperate search for a reason, ANY reason, to condemn Nugent as the worst of the worst, the kind of misogynistic father-raper that Arlo Guthrie sang about in Alice's Restaurant?
Everyone knows that Nugent tends to write 'War and Peace' length posts. His dismissal of Carrier was not in that category (because it didn't need to be, Carrier's pathetic nonsense didn't require much effort) and he has already mentioned that he is writing a reply to Miller.

For those who aren't aware of it, Atheist Ireland are kind of busy at the moment and it's got nothing to do with Myers and company. There is a referendum campaign underway at the moment in Ireland on the issue of the legalization of same sex marriage, and Atheist Ireland are heavily involved in the Yes campaign.

Should Nugent drop everything just to respond to Ashley Miller?
Does the entire fucking world revolve around her?

Apparently it doesn't.

But because it doesn't, that provides an excuse for Ashley to jump in with the conclusion that Nugent is indeed a father-raping misogynist.

I didn't have the slightest doubt that this was going to be her final conclusion but I guess I was giving her far more respect than she deserved for thinking she might have waited for Nugent to answer first.

She should stick to what she does best - making racist jokes about NDG.

http://i.imgur.com/kWE0psy.jpg

(Yes, yes, I know. non sequitor and ad hominem, but fuck it, it's Saturday night, I've swallowed a nice bottle of white wine and I don't care!)

Guestus Aurelius

Really? wrote:Dickie C our lord and master responded to Nugent's essay questioning his genius:
Richard Carrier says
Yeah. That rebuttal is unhinged. Bizarre even. Somehow pointing out that a lot of his data was collected and provided to him by Slymepitters is me insulting feminists in Atheist Ireland. That’s the weirdest attempt to use feminists as a shield against someone pointing out you are using anti-feminist propaganda. Like “but I have gay friends, so it is insulting to my gay friends to say I’m a homophobe.” I love how he now wants an apology from me for insulting people I never even mentioned nor ever said anything about (they aren’t even the people who wrote the propaganda post I’m talking about!).
As to the rest, people just need to peruse the articles I listed (and even, for example, some of the defenders of AI here in this thread) and compare data, and come to their own conclusion.
For example, the “Nugent criticized PZ before!” argument is disingenuous. We all criticize each other, and get along still; while disagreeing about our tonal preferences, we only care about substance. So that’s never been an issue. It only became a big deal when it started being about Nugent defending Shermer, attacking PZ for giving Smith a voice, and then being criticized for supporting rape apologetics. Only then did he flip his lid, write screed after screed for months and months, and then eventually convince his colleagues to endorse his unsourced propaganda disaffiliation letter, whose content is essentially impossible (or lunacy) to have assembled without the “research” already conducted on the Slymepit, where it was all previously published (just not in one place; maybe Nugent added some items, but most of it is old Slymepit complaints; its being taken out of context, also Slymepit). That his comments on his blog, ever since Nugent starting talking about Shermer, have been populated regularly with by Slymepitters (if not outright dominated by them) only gives away the game.
So people can figure out for themselves in this dispute whose manufacturing spin, and who’s reporting their actual observations.
All "Criticism" is the exact same. Whether you're calling someone a serial rapist or pointing out someone forgot to cite a source.

And hey, Slymepit assholes. Stop compiling evidence and arguing about the proper and fairest interpretations of that evidence.
Sorry, but anybody who thinks this dishonest fuckface's scholarship is trustworthy is a naif.

Really?

Post by Really? »

And look what that disingenuous dickbag said:
Richard Carrier says
April 18, 2015 at 12:43 pm
P.S. I should also mention, Nugent thinks Christina Hoff Sommers is a feminist, and per his propaganda letter, is appalled feminists like PZ criticize her. So Nugent might not be the best at actually knowing who or what a feminist is.
So others get to decide the labels we wear and the philosophies we endorse.

As has been made clear, Richard Carrier is not a feminist. As most feminists will tell you, it's not okay to have sex with drunk women when you're in a position of power.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Somehow pointing out that a lot of his data was collected and provided to him by Slymepitters is me insulting feminists in Atheist Ireland. That’s the weirdest attempt to use feminists as a shield against someone pointing out you are using anti-feminist propaganda.
God is Carrier a slippery bastard. He was the one who said that the Slymepit is a "hate site for feminism" and smeared Nugent for suing it at a source. He's the one who said that Atheist Ireland is "Nugent's personal fiefdom". And yet he has the gall to say that the feminist in Atheist Ireland shouldn't feel insulted when he basically implied that they're just servants of Nugent and that Nugent spews "anti-feminist propaganda2 straight from the Pit.

You've basically called them Uncle Toms, Mr. Intellectual Artillery. You heavily implied they're morons whose work for feminism in real life doesn't matter because they work Nugent and Nugent is the SlymePit, a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Nugent isn't "using them as a shield". He's simply pointing out you're full of shit.
I love how he now wants an apology from me for insulting people I never even mentioned nor ever said anything about (they aren’t even the people who wrote the propaganda post I’m talking about!).
You said that AI is Nugent's personal fiefdom. Don't you think that's a teensy bit insulting to the other people in AI?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

As has been made clear, Richard Carrier is not a feminist. As most feminists will tell you, it's not okay to have sex with drunk women when you're in a position of power.
Or to cheat on your wife and treat your cheating like it's no big deal.

subbie1957

Post by subbie1957 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Somehow pointing out that a lot of his data was collected and provided to him by Slymepitters is me insulting feminists in Atheist Ireland. That’s the weirdest attempt to use feminists as a shield against someone pointing out you are using anti-feminist propaganda.
God is Carrier a slippery bastard. He was the one who said that the Slymepit is a "hate site for feminism" and smeared Nugent for suing it at a source. He's the one who said that Atheist Ireland is "Nugent's personal fiefdom". And yet he has the gall to say that the feminist in Atheist Ireland shouldn't feel insulted when he basically implied that they're just servants of Nugent and that Nugent spews "anti-feminist propaganda2 straight from the Pit.

You've basically called them Uncle Toms, Mr. Intellectual Artillery. You heavily implied they're morons whose work for feminism in real life doesn't matter because they work Nugent and Nugent is the SlymePit, a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Nugent isn't "using them as a shield". He's simply pointing out you're full of shit.
I love how he now wants an apology from me for insulting people I never even mentioned nor ever said anything about (they aren’t even the people who wrote the propaganda post I’m talking about!).
You said that AI is Nugent's personal fiefdom. Don't you think that's a teensy bit insulting to the other people in AI?
I guess Carrier doesn't think he owes anything to people he didn't mention because he couldn't be asked to do any research to see if they existed or not before he trashed the organisation they belonged to.

Carrier should have mentioned them, if he had actually bothered to find out any facts before smearing.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:
Really? wrote:Dickie C our lord and master responded to Nugent's essay questioning his genius:
Richard Carrier says

Sorry, but anybody who thinks this dishonest fuckface's scholarship is trustworthy is a naif.
I have one of his previous books, bought from a second-hand bookshop for about the price of a bar of chocolate.
I should have bought the chocolate.

For those who have been defending Carrier's work on the mythological Jesus question, I can only say that if Carrier had been a scientist and behaved the way he has done - demonstrating terrible scholarship and reasoning on easily verified questions - he would be finished because his peers would realize that they cannot trust him.
Trust is a critically important point here. A peer reviewer cannot test every piece of data presented.
They rely on the author being at least honest and reasonable in how they find and present that data.
Carrier, at least from what I've seen over the years on FTB, shows no inkling of having that ability.
He cites his Network colleagues automatically, as if they are beyond reproach, and never bothers (dares?) to stray beyond the boundaries of their private echo chamber.
And as he does so he speaks with the same confident tone he does in his 'serious' writing.
Sorry, but the trust has gone - and I speak as someone who was previously impressed with some of his earlier work (in particular his efforts to show that Anthony Flew was being manipulated.)
I now have no reason to trust his historical work.
Yes, it could be correct but I cannot rely on him as an expert because he has shown he is untrustworthy.
I'm not an expert on biblical analysis but I know that Carrier has shown again and again that he cannot be trusted to look beyond his own ideological confines.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Oh he thinks it's bad when a neo con like Edwina Rogers does it. that's why he linked to this article:http://dc.curbed.com/archives/2012/03/w ... ansion.php

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

piginthecity wrote:
JackSkeptic wrote:
Zenspace wrote:
:o :o :o

That was just epic trolling. A new bar has been set.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Has the BBC gotten a clue yet?

Does anybody care?

:lol:
I think it was just supposed to be a light piece which is why there was no due diligence and you can hear the interviewer laughing. I doubt they care.
Yes, Godfrey was tremendous and very funny, but this was just an "ain't people quaint" type segment on a radio phone in on the world service. Everybody was basically having fun whether sincere or not. Not like the Oolon/Newnight debacle.
That was pretty much my take on it, everyone just having a bit of fun. Still, It was amazing to see how fast and how many sources ran with it afterwards! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Richard Carrier says
P.S. I should also mention, Nugent thinks Christina Hoff Sommers is a feminist, and per his propaganda letter, is appalled feminists like PZ criticize her. So Nugent might not be the best at actually knowing who or what a feminist is.
Dickie has spoken; so it shall be written, so it shall be done!

CHS better hand in her membership card or there will be hell to pay... :roll:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Oh he thinks it's bad when a neo con like Edwina Rogers does it. that's why he linked to this article:http://dc.curbed.com/archives/2012/03/w ... ansion.php
He's slut-shaming a poly woman! What a disgusting misogynist.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

AsTheCrowFlies wrote:So I've been curious about this for some time, and wouldn't mind if some could enlighten me. Everytime I visit here, I see on the homepage that the largest number of users online at any one time was 636. So I was wondering, what weighty event on September 10 2014 brought so many people to the Pit ?
I think it was a bot out of control.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Lsuoma wrote:
Wasn't it also around then that the possibility of the pit closing was discussed?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Bhurzum wrote:
Richard Carrier says

When will these uppity women realize that they need permission from head feminists like Carrier and Myers if they want to call themselves feminists.
The cheek of them! :naughty:

CuntajusRationality

Bhurzum wrote:
Richard Carrier says

The real problem is that CHS is a dictionary-feminist of the I-believe-that-women-are-people-too variety.

As opposed to I believe that women are people plus I believe in: patriarchy, rape culture, that the principle of innocent until proven guilty is vastly overrated, there is rampant misogyny within the atheist/skeptic community and that specific people are serial rapists, etc.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Richard Carrier says

When will these uppity women realize that they need permission from head feminists like Carrier and Myers if they want to call themselves feminists.
The cheek of them! :naughty:
CHS is a chill chick gender traitor sister punisher.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

CuntajusRationality wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Richard Carrier says

The real problem is that CHS is a dictionary-feminist of the I-believe-that-women-are-people-too variety.

As opposed to I believe that women are people plus I believe in: patriarchy, rape culture, that the principle of innocent until proven guilty is vastly overrated, there is rampant misogyny within the atheist/skeptic community and that specific people are serial rapists, etc.
You mean she believes in feminism, but rejects feminism plus?

What a CHUD :naughty:

subbie1957

Post by subbie1957 »

More important topics?

Carrier has already had a go at Maria Carey's Christmas single.

Much more important than Michael Nugent's fight for secularism in a country that was virtually ruled by priests until recently.

Really?

Post by Really? »

subbie1957 wrote:

More important topics?

Carrier has already had a go at Maria Carey's Christmas single.

Much more important than Michael Nugent's fight for secularism in a country that was virtually ruled by priests until recently.
Carrier and company are not opposed to priests ruling over a country. They just want the RIGHT priests to be in control.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

So, I assume the leader is Abbie? He is afraid to say her name, like she is busy being Lord Voldemort when not researching HIV

Really?

Post by Really? »

HoneyWagon wrote: So, I assume the leader is Abbie? He is afraid to say her name, like she is busy being Lord Voldemort when not researching HIV
Who DOES he think is the leader? Lsuoma? Godfrey? Nugent?

And I love that Becky says that we're obsessed because we post about her even though her whole gig (and her financial support) is predicated on posting about us and our "abuse."

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Oh, come on. 19 guests. At least one or two of you are a proud SJW and can bravely stand up for your ideology. I'd post it on your turf, but it seems I was banned.

I could go over there as I've never been banned. Rather, I left because I was revolted by Paul and 'The Horde.'

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

HoneyWagon wrote:
The SlymePit's not even three years old. How did that happen?
So, I assume the leader is Abbie? He is afraid to say her name, like she is busy being Lord Voldemort when not researching HIV
lol. The last thing the SlymePit has is a leader.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Nice!

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

d4m10n wrote:
Nice!
And all I got from this site was to get called Anteater Guy. It's enough to make me not pay my subscription this year.

Good work on keeping HJ Hornbeck's toes to the fire of logic and reason over at Ashley's, btdubdub.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

[youtube]wvTnWLQ_SxA[/youtube]

The offending Twitter account: https://twitter.com/AgentOscarO

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The leader of the Pit is Steersman. :bjarte:

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

d4m10n wrote:
Nice!
QFT

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Kirbmarc wrote: The leader of the Pit is Steersman. :bjarte:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

CuntajusRationality

For the day when Ashley Miller comes to see the problematic nature of her Open Letter to Michael Nugent:
Finally. It took three years, but Richard Dawkins Ashley Miller has openly acknowledged that it is reasonable for American feminists Michael Nugent to complain about harassment the harmful and hateful rhetoric of PZ Myers and the smears/distortions of certain of his defenders, even though women in many other countries the atheist/skeptic community experience sexism and misogyny in far worse forms wanted to have a conversation about other more important topics. He Ashley Miller has openly acknowledged that it was wrong for him to say otherwise. It’s sad that this should be news, but it is.
(Original by Greta Christina in her post titled Richard Dawkins Apologizes for “Dear Muslima”)

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

...conveniently ignoring the firestorm of back and forth debate surrounding the subject.

"Wow" indeed.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Lsuoma wrote:
Steersman?

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

Bhurzum wrote: ...conveniently ignoring the firestorm of back and forth debate surrounding the subject.

"Wow" indeed.
Conveniently ignoring Steers is the most ignored regular poster on the site, and that oolon personally championed him against Pit 'censorship'

Shatterface