Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by Bhurzum »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Don't care, still love the armor!

(a very good read indeed, thanks for the link).
I should have pointed out, I'm a huge fantasy nut and don't take issue with artistic license in movies/books. If it looks cool or bad ass, who cares if it's historically inaccurate?

For example, I love this armor from "Excalibur" even though it's (probably) wildly inappropriate/unrealistic for the time frame of the legend:

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/ ... 64cr13.jpg

I'm guessing it's safe to assume you've seen Excalibur? Not only is it a brilliant portrayal of the legend, it's incredibly powerful in places, has some top notch acting and the soundtrack is sublime!

[youtube]1p49F-qcstw[/youtube]

Yup, historical accuracy is irrelevant to me when it comes to cinema. If it entertains, it works.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

NoGodsEver wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
RW's hair, other than color, is almost identical to his! Oh, and 'stache shadow too ofc.
Her hair is so pink, it's like, how much more pink could it be?
Only think I can say is: she's ruining her hair. As for her choice: bah, if she likes it, she should go for it. It's so original, too.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

sp0tlight wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:Does he have any illusions that Dr Carrier PhD wants to fill a hole in his busy schedule in the company of former sex workers because he is interested in their conversation?
He just want to explain his hypothesis on historicity of Jesus and have his dick sucked. Is this so much to ask for you to understand that intellectuals' needs differ from you or I?
Maybe call that a "Carrier Landing"?

Surely we can get an Urban Dictionary definition going.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

deLurch wrote:
sp0tlight wrote:Just you wait: one day Dick will realize that if he'd switch sides to PUA there would be zero negative feedback plus there's more money in telling thirsty males how to trick ladies into dancing the pant-less Tango. I'll give him the title for next book, gratis: Jesus hanged out with Marie Magdalene, so can I, by Dick PhD
Richard Carrier would never go the way of PUA. He just runs dates as experiments, and documents his results afterwards. It is just a methodology to see what words and techniques work, and which are not. A simple way of know if he needs to switch up his pick up line.
I wonder when he'll write up the Bayesian analysis on it.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Bhurzum wrote: I'm guessing it's safe to assume you've seen Excalibur? Not only is it a brilliant portrayal of the legend, it's incredibly powerful in places, has some top notch acting and the soundtrack is sublime!
Never, no idea what it's about, didn't give me one of my first boners. Nope. If I watched it today, I'd be so Bored, man...

Funny tidbit: a movie I don't remember the name of posited that "Exca" from the sword's name was a semi-erased notion on the blade to Rex Caesar, linking the sword to Gaius Julius Caesar. It's all bullshit, but as a fantasy fan I find it very exciting.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Guest wrote:In which Arthur Affect makes what could easily be misconstrued as a threat against Milo, Christina Hoff Sommers, various GamerGaters and other customers of "Local 16"

https://archive.is/PYUx8
http://i.imgur.com/BjyudtS.png

http://archive.is/aUJ5A
http://i.imgur.com/6cwBCPm.png
Just got to here, but I'm sure some already know of the bomb threats called in, which had police out in force. That last tweet (which I'm sure has been saved) isn't going to make Chu look any shade of innocent.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

guest wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Well if the prospect of a Watsonian book doesn't cause a shudder of revulsion, let me supply the same with this.

;)

http://i.imgur.com/NZEs3C9.jpg
she has a book? Link?
Is it color-by-number or connect-the-dots?

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Darth Cynic wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Re "My brilliant career"

Dick leaps from Library assistant to below.

[...]

Visiting Lecturer (CFI Institute Online)
Visiting!?

A visiting lecturer at CFI Online!?

Talk about blowing copious smoke up your own arse. Also, doesn't one need to be academically employed so as to be a visitor elsewhere? While elsewhere is usually another recognised academic institution and not the online presence of a secular advocacy organisation.
Dick Strawkins wrote:It's kind of sad in a way - like slowing down on a motorway to watch the aftermath of a crash involving a bus full of circus clowns,
Sad? Sounds like the only time I'd find myself laughing at clowns.
Well, given Carrier's standards, Steers can probably call himself a "visiting lecturer" as well, albeit with an informal course rather than a formal one.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

deLurch wrote:
I suspect people like Phil has had several discussions with Watson about diplomacy already. And if she eventually is deemed not fit for SGU, at least he tried.

Would you mind using his last name? I feel targeted here! And no, I never had any discussion with Rebecca Watson, FWIW.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Brive1987 wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Whereas others simply hit a "like" button that reinforces destructive behaviour.
Here, have another drink mate.
Ya' got me. Yes I am having a few beers to avoid coding.

But I think it is generally true, that most of us would not toss our friends out on their asses for simply coming up with stupid ideas.

I suspect people like Phil has had several discussions with Watson about diplomacy already. And if she eventually is deemed not fit for SGU, at least he tried.
I suspect PhilP was on the fence during "don't be a dick" - but he has pretty much thrown his hat in with loons now - no?

I am fighting a desperate last ditch action to see Avengers over "Boy Choir" tonight. Is this the right fight to fight?
? Plait was the one who took Wheaton's "Don't be a dick" and decided to apply it to skepticism (and atheism, basically). He's the one who stood up for his friend - the astronomer, whatserhame - who is religious but wants to be seen as skeptical. Of course, this was about the time he was pushing his tv show and (I believe) sucking up to the non-atheists/skeptics in an effort to win an audience. Since then, I've seen (or interpreted) a lot of his actions as sycophantic or weaselly. He may just not want to offend people (until it becomes his favorite subjects, then the gloves are off), or defend those he considers friends (whether they are or not).

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

That Excalibur movie isn't even that bad as far as medieval films go. Pretty much anything else is way more historically inaccurate.

For example, the Arthur vs Lancelot fight has a lot of wrestling because they can't just slash each other, which is reasonably realistic by the standards of Hollywood film-making.

Ironclad, Black Death and even Vikings are chock-full of absolutely maddening inaccuracies. Some so deliberate and annoying they almost completely ruin my enjoyment of the shows.

Arthurian legends aren't history in any case. Not like Ironclad...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

James Caruthers wrote:
Arthurian legends aren't history in any case. Not like Ironclad...
Bullshit, I saw his tomb!!!

Oh, no, wait. That was Richard Lionheart. Still that counts?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Happy, nothing relevant to say today. Enjoy!

[youtube]hlvQNNrXGiE[/youtube]

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

And a good friend's gone to PETA. It was going to be a "happy" day. Not anymore.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

You people suck! There's no church on Saturday. All gone to the Synagogue, have you?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

That's what I thought!

Going to work on music for a while.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I just finished cleaning the house.

feathers

Post by feathers »

dogen wrote:
Game developer Grace Lynn, formerly Devi Ever, has come under fire recently for donating her first big game development paycheck to the non-profit organisation Feminist Frequency, rather than paying back her $40k+ IRS debts or refunding backers of her failed KickStarter project. The amount Lynn donated is unclear, but rumours that it amounts to $40,000, the same amount which her KickStarter raised back in 2012, are simply unfounded and the amount is more likely to be around $500.
Can the two possibly be connected? Indeed, they're the same persomn (e.g., take a look here).

So, here's someone who pissed away a sizeable kickstarter fund by spending it on xir personal life, and then has the gall to demand that Notch share some of his earned wealth with xir.
If the IRS is anything like the European tax departments I know, those Kickstarter funders can kiss their money goodbye for USD 40000 to come.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Keating wrote:I just finished cleaning the house.
Ah, see, now we're going somewhere!

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Guest wrote:She's so cute and transgressive, speaking power to the Man, Columbia students are so innovative with their bathroom rape lists. And it's shocking and patriarchal that the school keeps removing the lists, they wouldn't do that for other kinds of graffiti!!

It's not like girls haven't been doing this for literally 25 years and schools cleaning it off for that long.

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/11/18/us/da ... brown.html

Date Rape And a List At Brown
By WILLIAM CELIS 3d, Special to The New York Times
Published: November 18, 1990
PROVIDENCE, R.I., Nov. 16— At the beginning of the school year, the Brown University library became a repository for information of a most unusual kind: on its bathroom walls women made a list of the male students who the women said had raped them.

Repeatedly scrubbed from the bathrooms by janitors only to reappear, the list of names has grown in recent weeks to as many as 30 and has appeared in several other bathrooms on campus. In the process, the list has become the background for a noisy debate about date rape on this campus of 6,500 students.

"The list has had a good effect," said Ellie Schaffzin, a junior from Philadelphia, who said the situation has forced the university to toughen its policies on sexual offenses. But she said, "The side effects have been disastrous."

Many students here say the list has created fear among some women. Men, too, are leery, and some on the list are angry enough that they have filed complaints with the university. School officials, caught in the middle, said complaints would do little good given the anonymity of the women who compiled the list. Outrage 'Is Justified'

But school officials, forced to hold a student forum on the problem several weeks earlier than planned, acknowledged that policies were weak in some areas and pledged to strengthen them.

This appears to be all fun and games to them until people start making false accuser lists and serial accuser lists. Then they will explode with the wrath of the holy undignified.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Badger3k wrote:
deLurch wrote:
sp0tlight wrote:Just you wait: one day Dick will realize that if he'd switch sides to PUA there would be zero negative feedback plus there's more money in telling thirsty males how to trick ladies into dancing the pant-less Tango. I'll give him the title for next book, gratis: Jesus hanged out with Marie Magdalene, so can I, by Dick PhD
Richard Carrier would never go the way of PUA. He just runs dates as experiments, and documents his results afterwards. It is just a methodology to see what words and techniques work, and which are not. A simple way of know if he needs to switch up his pick up line.
I wonder when he'll write up the Bayesian analysis on it.
Well you know what they say, if you just want to sound smart, throw in the word Bayesian and people will think you are.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Darth Cynic wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Re "My brilliant career"

Dick leaps from Library assistant to below.

[...]

Visiting Lecturer (CFI Institute Online)
Visiting!?

A visiting lecturer at CFI Online!?

Talk about blowing copious smoke up your own arse. Also, doesn't one need to be academically employed so as to be a visitor elsewhere? While elsewhere is usually another recognised academic institution and not the online presence of a secular advocacy organisation.
Dick Strawkins wrote:It's kind of sad in a way - like slowing down on a motorway to watch the aftermath of a crash involving a bus full of circus clowns,
Sad? Sounds like the only time I'd find myself laughing at clowns.
Using the same standards, Skep Tickle has educated people about hospital protocols, Aneris has been teaching Philosophy 101, Ape+Lust has recently lectures on the art of photoshops, and even I have given some basic, free online courses in linguistics and Swiss history. We should all put "Visiting Lecturer" at the Slymepit on our CVs!

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Guest wrote:So Arthur makes a statement that could be construed as a threat to Gamergaters meeting at a DC bar.
And then hours later, a fire alarm/bomb threat/something forces an evacuation.

Did Arthur do this, or is someone trying to frame him?
(As Jim Rockford once told his pal Angel Martin, "It's a frame built for a dummy and you look good in it.")
So potential culprits:
* Chu
* Some anti-GG who agrees with and follow Chu
* Someone who is pro-GG, hates Chu and wants to frame Chu
* 3rd party trolls who don't give a shit about pro or anti GG and are in it purely for the chaos

The problem with Chu is that he has said so many hateful, stupid things and thinks he is so smart that any really could see him doing it.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

*sigh* Yes, Author Chu really is that stupid.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:That hair though. I hate to appearance-shame, but dafuq? Think of the follicles, woman! Can't be good for you.

I think it looks fine. Pink is hard to get right.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

:dance:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

HunnyBunny wrote: :dance:
Oh look another welfare baby is born.

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

Anyone who questions Chu's guilt is a victim-blaming shitlord.

Shatterface

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Not sure what is going on in this picture but I feel it belongs here.

http://i.imgur.com/Cnfj8xk.jpg

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

titties tee hee

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

comhcinc wrote:Not sure what is going on in this picture but I feel it belongs here.

O_o

On the side, it might just be what Charlie Hebdo was all about.

You'd have to be French to get this. Otherwise: "Aryan Feminazis Storm the Elysée", or something close.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

J'adore le penis grande, et le spunking avec ma chevaux jaunde.

/flunkedoutoffrenchclass

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Yeah figured it was something like that.

Anyway might do, not big on blondes.

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

comhcinc wrote:Not sure what is going on in this picture but I feel it belongs here.

Fascist tits?

Shatterface

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Really? wrote:A "lecturer" is synonymous with an "adjunct professor," who is often as skilled as a full professor, but is paid shit. "Visiting" may be an adjective that was added because the "position" was online. And wasn't for an institution of higher learning, but for an organization that pays Melody Hensley tens of thousands of dollars a year with benefits to lie in bed, eat and take pictures of black people on the street with her brand new camera.
Where I work now, the difference between a "visiting" whatever and an "adjunct" whatever is the type of contract. Visiting profs have short-term but full-time contracts (with full benefits and about 2/3 the pay of a first-year assistant prof); the most-frequent reason for a dept creating a visiting prof position is to replace a tenure-track prof who is going on sabbatical for an entire year, instead of a semester.

Adjuncts profs are slave labor. They are usually paid by the course, so they aren't full-time. They are how depts with small budgets and not enough TT faculty meet their teaching requirements. They are found mostly in depts that don't do research and, therefore, don't get grants.

I have never heard of a "visiting lecturer." Odds are, Dr Richard Carrier PhD merely gave a talk that may have came with a honorarium. The correct way to list such on a CV is "invited address" given at such-and-such institution.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

franc

Post by franc »

Sunder wrote:
Guest wrote:So Arthur makes a statement that could be construed as a threat to Gamergaters meeting at a DC bar.
Getting tired of watery soup noggins like Popehat trying to play the "pox on both your houses" game so poorly.
Amateur compared to Damion.

franc

Post by franc »

Royal baby is a cunt <eom>

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Well thanks for the advice shit-lords.

I went with Avengers II

It was good.

Billie from Ockham

The topless women are members for Femen protesting France's right-wing party. The only interesting question (to me) is whether they copied PETA or PETA copied them. I don't really care about the answer; I just want more groups to copy whoever started it.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

rayshul wrote:J'adore le penis grande, et le spunking avec ma chevaux jaunde.

/flunkedoutoffrenchclass
I have no idea what's going on here. Ok, maybe "penis"

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
rayshul wrote:J'adore le penis grande, et le spunking avec ma chevaux jaunde.

/flunkedoutoffrenchclass
I have no idea what's going on here. Ok, maybe "penis"

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Following Mattress Girl's lead, another accuser violates Columbia's confidentiality policy, giving an exclusive to Jezebel:
Godfrey*, a current Columbia senior, tells Jezebel that he was close friends with Paul during his freshman year in 2011. One fall night, in the midst of an emotional conversation in Paul's dorm room, Godfrey says Paul pushed him onto his bed and sexually assaulted him.

Godfrey, who identifies as "queer and black," didn't tell anybody about the incident until months later. His silence, he says, was due to issues that face many male survivors of sexual assault—denial, fear that nobody would believe him, fear that even defining himself as a survivor would somehow damage others.

Godfrey filed a complaint against Paul with a student organization to which both men belonged. But it wasn't until after Sulkowicz's story went public that Godfrey seriously considered reporting the alleged assault to Columbia. Last fall, after years of agonizing over whether or not to come forward, he filed a Title IX complaint. That case is currently pending.

Cathy Young did not reach out to Godfrey. It's not clear she even knows that Godfrey exists, or that Paul—who Godfrey says is aware that another sexual assault charge dangles over his technically clean record—told Young. When we reached out to Young about the omission, Young replied, "As I'm sure you are aware, all pending sexual assault investigations at CU (and other schools, I'm sure) are supposed to be kept strictly confidential."

Of the Daily Beast piece, Godfrey scoffs that apart from the disservice it does to Paul's alleged victims, it "invalidates and completely erases my entire experience."
http://jezebel.com/how-to-make-an-accus ... 1682583526

*not his real pseudonym

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Mattress Girl's supporters repeatedly complain that the NYPD offered her protections afforded to women under the Violence Against Women Act; quibbling that her accusation of Intimate Partner Violence is somehow-not "Domestic Violence":
From her residence hall, Sulkowicz was driven to the local precinct offices, where she was asked to fill out forms describing her assault as domestic violence—despite the fact that she and Nungesser were never in a relationship—and questioned by a detective from the Special Victims Unit.
Please note that VAWA was drafted by Joe Biden and became law as part of the Clinton Crime Bill of 1992, but Mattress Girl's butt still hurts; complaining about her celebrity trip to D.C., to see Obama's State of the Union Address:
Emma Sulkowicz Was ‘Let Down’ by Obama SOTU Speech
“I can’t say I was entirely surprised because since when has violence against women ever been a man’s issue?" Sulkowicz, whose performance-art project — carrying a mattress around with her in response to an alleged rape — attracted worldwide attention, told Daily Intelligencer this morning as she was on the train back from Washington. “I am not going to lie, I was let down because I felt like there were points in his speech where he could have brought it up. I was really hoping he would mention it, since the issue has been raised to a new level."

Not that she was immune to the evening's theatrics. "Just seeing the president in person was such a wild experience," she said. "And shaking John Kerry's hand was also extremely surreal. He didn't really know who I was, and even when Senator Gillibrand introduced me no one seemed to know who I was. But that's okay."
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... union.html

http://img2.imagesbn.com/p/978030797951 ... 60x420.JPG

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Guest wrote:
Girl on Christina's right is cute!

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

Really? wrote:As I understand it, a Visiting Assistant Professor (VAP) doesn't need to be connected with an institution.
I saw 'visiting lecturer' as akin to 'visiting scholar' which is a person working in academia considered good enough to be invited over for a spell by the host university, a person who is known and valued in their field; the Wikipedia entry says as much and lists 'visiting lecturer' amongst the synonymous terms. Being a 'visiting scholar' would be a good accolade to have on ones academic CV. Hosting a few online courses via a secular advocacy org is not the same as preparing and teaching a university grade course, and certainly wouldn't qualify as 'visiting anything' stuff. Like Billie from Ockham says, that stuff would be more accurately described as '"invited address" given at such-and-such institution.' However, the intellectual artillery apparently likes the veneer of academic success in lieu of actual academic success, and thus I reckon he deliberately embellishes his work to be something it is not.

Plus, I would not think it likely that a man so full of himself as he is would suggest he was a mere adjunct.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Billie from Ockham wrote:The topless women are members for Femen protesting France's right-wing party. The only interesting question (to me) is whether they copied PETA or PETA copied them. I don't really care about the answer; I just want more groups to copy whoever started it.
PETA was doing this way before Femen even existed.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Badger3k wrote:
? Plait was the one who took Wheaton's "Don't be a dick" and decided to apply it to skepticism (and atheism, basically). He's the one who stood up for his friend - the astronomer, whatserhame - who is religious but wants to be seen as skeptical.
Pamela 'Micheal Shermer air-groped my boob' Gay. Who believes in biorhythms, and insists Jesus walking on water is consistent with the laws of physics. Oh, and NOMA and a' that.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Seeing as Excalibur was based on Malory's 15th century Mort d'Arthur, using 15th c. armor in the film was, imo, acceptable poetic license.

I liked a lot of things in 13th Warrior, especially the handling of language, and how Ibn is shown to slowly learn the vikings' tongue. But no way could a stone age people in northern Scandinavia have kept thousands and thousands of horses.

Crichton never let accuracy get in the way of a good story.

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

Ok - I call HORSESHIT on this.
Many of the things he says, combined, would require him to have a non-neglible, freely-mixable amount of "girlfriends", probably a harem of between 10 and 15 people. This doesn't fit his circumstances, namely having been "openly poly" for a rather short amount of time, travelling a lot, and being an awkward little man with little to offer, living in a remote part of a rather unpopular area.

Here's what's really happening.
He's overly generous in describing his circumstances, in order to make himself look more attractive to women.
You know the deal - the more girls are interested in a guy, even more and more girls become interested in him as well, because he "must've something to him" that he attracts so many girls. Idiotic, but real. He counts on that.

Billie from Ockham

TiBo wrote:You know the deal - the more girls are interested in a guy, even more and more girls become interested in him as well, because he "must've something to him" that he attracts so many girls. Idiotic, but real. He counts on that.
Actually, that claim is incorrect (on average). One of the best crossed interactions in social psychology concerns the attractiveness of a target person as a function of whether the target is said to be in a relationship or not and the sex of the observer. The same pictures were used (i.e., it was a decent study with counter-balancing, etc). The subjects all self-reported being hetero (and were, therefore, shown opposite-sex pictures). Half of the subjects were told that the person in the picture was in a relationship; half were told that the person in the picture was single. On average, men rated women who were in a relationship as being about 30% more attractive than those who were single. On average, women rated men who were in a relationship as being about 25% less attractive than those who were single.

Of course, if you aren't open to things like evolutionary psychology, you need to deny these data.

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

franc wrote:
Sunder wrote:
Getting tired of watery soup noggins like Popehat trying to play the "pox on both your houses" game so poorly.
Problem: Chu earnestly fantasized about mass killing GGers before. Only slightly below Geordie Tait level.
When such a person says something like "It's ending tonight", it does raise eyebrows.

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
TiBo wrote:You know the deal - the more girls are interested in a guy, even more and more girls become interested in him as well, because he "must've something to him" that he attracts so many girls. Idiotic, but real. He counts on that.
Actually, that claim is incorrect (on average). One of the best crossed interactions in social psychology concerns the attractiveness of a target person as a function of whether the target is said to be in a relationship or not and the sex of the observer. The same pictures were used (i.e., it was a decent study with counter-balancing, etc). The subjects all self-reported being hetero (and were, therefore, shown opposite-sex pictures). Half of the subjects were told that the person in the picture was in a relationship; half were told that the person in the picture was single. On average, men rated women who were in a relationship as being about 30% more attractive than those who were single. On average, women rated men who were in a relationship as being about 25% less attractive than those who were single.
Of course, if you aren't open to things like evolutionary psychology, you need to deny these data.
Singular study or confirmed by others?

franc

Post by franc »

TiBo wrote:
franc wrote:
Sunder wrote:Getting tired of watery soup noggins like Popehat trying to play the "pox on both your houses" game so poorly.
Problem: Chu earnestly fantasized about mass killing GGers before. Only slightly below Geordie Tait level.
When such a person says something like "It's ending tonight", it does raise eyebrows.
Comment was about Popehat.

Billie from Ockham

TiBo wrote:Singular study or confirmed by others?
Good question.

Only one that I know of. And the subjects were Bryn Mawr and Haverford undergrads, so external validity can be doubted.

Apologies, therefore, for the snide comment about evolutionary-psychology skeptics.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

So I go out this morning and find this little gray dachshund thingie dog sleeping on my porch. He's very friendly and my two 90 lb dogs are being nice. I'v taken him inside, but will ask around the neighborhood to see who might have lost him. I live 1/2 mile from the nearest neighbor, so the little guy may have been lost in the woods for some time.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

NoGodsEver wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Nice to see Phil Plate has an opinion.

http://i.imgur.com/xF7298B.jpg
At least her 'stache is coming in nicely.

Ah, I wasn't sure. I thought it was crappy lighting or a processing artifact at first. But it looked an awful lot like a 'girl 'stache.'

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

ERV wrote:
Guest wrote:
Girl on Christina's right is cute!
Liz Finnegan, @Lizzyf620 on twitter. She's one of the more prominent names in GG, or was anyway. She bowed out of using the hashtag after she was doxxed, pretty thoroughly from what I understand, revealing her kids, details about her home, etc...

She's writing for the escapist now, and still interacts with the same people. So not much has changed.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:So I go out this morning and find this little gray dachshund thingie dog sleeping on my porch. He's very friendly and my two 90 lb dogs are being nice. I'v taken him inside, but will ask around the neighborhood to see who might have lost him. I live 1/2 mile from the nearest neighbor, so the little guy may have been lost in the woods for some time.
Well done that man!

I'm no PETA nutter but I get extremely wound up when I see animals distressed or suffering. Hopefully the wee beast just wandered off (instead of being wandered) and you manage to find his owners.