Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
Skep tickle

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by Skep tickle »

The 'Pit is a place where you can let your hair down.

And apparently also your pants down - and your other hair up.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Skep tickle wrote:The 'Pit is a place where you can let your hair down.
And apparently also your pants down - and your other hair up.
So the 'pit is Richard Carrier's apartment?

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

GuestierGuest wrote:Have the Islamic apologists already fired up their apologetics machines?

I came here hoping to see a plethora of guilty white liberals tripping over themselves to tell us how it's unacceptable to make fun of Muhammed, and terrorists muslims who seek to protect their culture should be respected and honored.
Free-from-thought Blogs is that way ==>.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Service Dog wrote:What was the point of moderating the images I posted into un-clickable links?
I flagged it for review cuz one of the images was a person's face + a full name + a violence-wish, no idea if the name is real & I assumed (reading on phone) that it was just something random you picked up somewhere on the net, but it seemed worth a 2nd look. I didn't do the edit, not sure who did.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I did it.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I did it.
I did it and so did my wife!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Wait, no, I don't have admin privilege.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Herbie Versmels wrote:
I changed my mind about Dillahunty - mostly based on his support for A+ even after he got screwed over by them. His views on feminism and privilege seem to be shared by Russel Glasser and, most surprisingly to me, by Jeff Dee - the old AXP host who I quite enjoyed. He also seems to be quite content to have PZ at his side. I can't help but think that their link to FtB and his clear desire to become a 'name' in the atheist community is behind his lack of 'calling out' PZ and the FtB assholes. He seems like his skeptic radar is turned up pretty high - I have a hard time believing that he doesn't see PZ and FtB for what they really are.

So, yeah, I don't and won't support Dillahunty till he grows a spine.
Being told "Fuck You!" six times by Russell Glasser in the same eMail qualifies me as the resident expert on the Atheist Experience (plus I used to like them) so this is my take on it.

Dillahunty - Has an unspoken deal with the SJW's. He 'lets it be known' that he supports them. Then he can get away with avoiding SJW issues whenever possible to talk about his actual enthusiasms and they leave him alone, being content with the ritual supplication. (Aron Ra is the only other one who is high-status enough for this to work).

Glasser, Dee, Wagner - As cis white, middle class, IT employed men with no USP they know they are vulnerable to being replaced for 'diversity'. All three perceive that their SJW credentials have to be unblemished in order to have any longevity, and compete on this score. Technique they like to use when arguing with non-SJW's is to try to use arguments which have the same form as those used against creationists etc. To assume that the evidence for the 'patriarchy' for example is as firm as that for evolution, and try to have an argument on that basis, hoping that nobody recognises the sleight of hand. Glasser enjoys poking Dillahunty by showing off that he is able to 'go there' in terms of SJW type stuff, but Dillahunty has to steer clear.

Don Baker - Smile and hope it all goes away.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

piginthecity wrote:
Herbie Versmels wrote:
I changed my mind about Dillahunty - mostly based on his support for A+ even after he got screwed over by them. His views on feminism and privilege seem to be shared by Russel Glasser and, most surprisingly to me, by Jeff Dee - the old AXP host who I quite enjoyed. He also seems to be quite content to have PZ at his side. I can't help but think that their link to FtB and his clear desire to become a 'name' in the atheist community is behind his lack of 'calling out' PZ and the FtB assholes. He seems like his skeptic radar is turned up pretty high - I have a hard time believing that he doesn't see PZ and FtB for what they really are.

So, yeah, I don't and won't support Dillahunty till he grows a spine.
Being told "Fuck You!" six times by Russell Glasser in the same eMail qualifies me as the resident expert on the Atheist Experience (plus I used to like them) so this is my take on it.

Dillahunty - Has an unspoken deal with the SJW's. He 'lets it be known' that he supports them. Then he can get away with avoiding SJW issues whenever possible to talk about his actual enthusiasms and they leave him alone, being content with the ritual supplication. (Aron Ra is the only other one who is high-status enough for this to work).

Glasser, Dee, Wagner - As cis white, middle class, IT employed men with no USP they know they are vulnerable to being replaced for 'diversity'. All three perceive that their SJW credentials have to be unblemished in order to have any longevity, and compete on this score. Technique they like to use when arguing with non-SJW's is to try to use arguments which have the same form as those used against creationists etc. To assume that the evidence for the 'patriarchy' for example is as firm as that for evolution, and try to have an argument on that basis, hoping that nobody recognises the sleight of hand. Glasser enjoys poking Dillahunty by showing off that he is able to 'go there' in terms of SJW type stuff, but Dillahunty has to steer clear.

Don Baker - Smile and hope it all goes away.
I was a huge fan of TAE (Traci Harris was my favorite host) until the whole "Curious" incident when Dillahunty threw his integrity into the gutter. I still watch it occasionally but it's just not the same anymore.

biblia

Post by biblia »

People just registered have more posts than me. Drunk 64 year-old-next week grandma. A pox on all your houses. Also, STOP CHANGING YOUR AVATARS WANT PHIL'S KITTEH BACK

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Bhurzum wrote:I was a huge fan of TAE (Traci Harris was my favorite host) until the whole "Curious" incident when Dillahunty threw his integrity into the gutter. I still watch it occasionally but it's just not the same anymore.
OK. I am going to kill it for you completely now.

You know how they get some 'nutty' Christian on and they have had enough, so they just cut his mic (well phone sound feed) and then proceed to dismantle his whole argument with their superior wit, logic and rational thinking? Yeah. It is easy to trounce a rhetorical opponent when they can no longer talk or reply.

This guy also trounces his rhetorical opponents with the same technique.

http://i.imgur.com/SqGyi2l.jpg

Or perhaps, the other tactic they do where they identify someone as a solipsist, therefore all of his arguments are moot. And thus shut him down.

Look, I enjoyed the first show or two. But it kind of bothered me when they shut off someone's sound and then declare victory. That should bother you too. And hey, they could be right about everything. But when they shut off all dissenting opposition, just know that your intellectual diet is equivalent to this

http://i.imgur.com/oBtwnV6.jpg

You need to be careful about consuming a diet of people who all say things you agree with.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Lsuoma wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:This one?

https://www.change.org/p/bay-area-scien ... al-program

I hear she will kiss babies as well. For a good cause.
I could have sworn she said she hated kids.
I gave her my baby to kiss, and she bit it in the head!
A mohalot heh?

Is there nothing she won't do to turn a buck?

Under Jewish law, a mohel must draw blood from the circumcision wound. Most mohels do it by hand with a suction device, but some Orthodox groups use their mouth to draw blood after cutting the foreskin. The Venters for Disease Control and Prevention issued a warning in 2012 about the health implications of this practice, citing 11 cases of neonatal HSV and two recorded fatalities

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

biblia wrote:Drunk 64 year-old-next week grandma.
Oh, congratulations!

A pox on all your houses. Also, STOP CHANGING YOUR AVATARS WANT PHIL'S KITTEH BACK[/quote]

She might return someday, but right now I feel far too handsome to change it.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

deLurch wrote:
You know how they get some 'nutty' Christian on and they have had enough, so they just cut his mic (well phone sound feed) and then proceed to dismantle his whole argument with their superior wit, logic and rational thinking? Yeah. It is easy to trounce a rhetorical opponent when they can no longer talk or reply.
Isn't that the famed FTB gambit? If you change "Christian" to "non-agreeing-with-you", of course.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

deLurch wrote:OK. I am going to kill it for you completely now. (snippety)
I must admit, it did quite annoy me when Matt cut the caller(s) off then went into one of his trade-marked rants. Sometimes it's better to let the tinfoil hatted cranks rant and rave, you get more comedy for your buck that way. I still think Traci is the most reasonable and patient presenter on the show even though, for me, the Atheist Experience ship is well and truly sunk.

Oh, and Bill O'Rly is a douche-nozzle of the highest order. Faux News is a joke/parody and surely the "great reveal" is just around the corner?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
biblia wrote:Drunk 64 year-old-next week grandma.
Oh, congratulations!

A pox on all your houses. Also, STOP CHANGING YOUR AVATARS WANT PHIL'S KITTEH BACK
She might return someday, but right now I feel far too handsome to change it.
Sorry about that, botched the quotes. All fixed now.

Also, I misunderstood and thought you were going to be a grandma next week, instead of merely turning 64. Still, congratulations.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Bhurzum wrote:
Oh, and Bill O'Rly is a douche-nozzle of the highest order. Faux News is a joke/parody and surely the "great reveal" is just around the corner?
Hey, oh! Have a care! Nobody badmouths Papa Bear!

(I have no Idea why Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert seem to be good friends with the bastard. There might be some stuff going on in the Green Room we don't know about...)

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I mean, behind-the-stage discussions where they find common ground and understanding. Wouldn't surprise me, I always saw O'Reilly as a fake anyway.

Some Lurker

Post by Some Lurker »

Anti-abortion people should get on this at once. Just use all the excuses that feminists use to ignore women's choices to ignore women's choice to an abortion.

"She couldn't consent to an abortion because she was pressured into it by financial/social/stigmatizing factors."

"No woman would willingly kill her child. The Patriarchy (TM) made them do it."

feathers

Post by feathers »

Really? wrote:Holy shit. Someone let Menyambal in charge of children?!?!?!?!
[snip]
You mean, the awful writing? I hope he's not a grammar and style teacher.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Some Lurker wrote:
Anti-abortion people should get on this at once. Just use all the excuses that feminists use to ignore women's choices to ignore women's choice to an abortion.

"She couldn't consent to an abortion because she was pressured into it by financial/social/stigmatizing factors."

"No woman would willingly kill her child. The Patriarchy (TM) made them do it."
They already use the first excuse, at least where I leave.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Thought I'd keep the dream alive by listening to Skeptoid (BD will no doubt argue for an extended stay in the slammer rather than emerge Xmas time to face the Skepchick harpies).

April 28 edition inaugural my eye - Lake Michigan Triangle. Nice bit of dross to ease the ironing pain.

And I'll be buggered.

Guest host is Jeff "rape is no obstacle to a smooth running TAM" Wagg.

Small world.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Fucking iPad. Fucking. I "hate you" Pad.

Larry Metcalfe

Post by Larry Metcalfe »

Bhurzum wrote:
deLurch wrote:OK. I am going to kill it for you completely now. (snippety)
I must admit, it did quite annoy me when Matt cut the caller(s) off then went into one of his trade-marked rants. Sometimes it's better to let the tinfoil hatted cranks rant and rave, you get more comedy for your buck that way. I still think Traci is the most reasonable and patient presenter on the show even though, for me, the Atheist Experience ship is well and truly sunk.

I also used to watch The Atheist Experience quite a bit, and still do occasionally. Tracie Harris is the most incisive of them, and I used to enjoy Jeff Dee's rants whenever a caller told him he was going to hell. But Jeff no longer hosts so now it's down to Tracie for me. Glasser is intolerably sanctimonious (“so you don't think women should be treated as people?"), and as for Wagner, well it goes without saying that...

But the main reason I no longer watch is that they just don't get many theist callers now, and the ones they do get just trot out the same old arguments, so I just can't be arsed anymore.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Michael J wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Controversy. She starts shit with others on Reddit/Twitter/Facebook/YouTube, because she's the ruff tuff Queen of Snark. But she damsels when pushback comes. PZ invariably wails about injustice. Besotted neckbeards come running to console her with Patreon money.

Slave labor. No one at Skepchick gets paid.

Live-in boyfriend with a job.
Being on SGU gave her a boost and an audience. All she has done since is live off that fame. She has squandered a lot of opportunities, which could have earned her some real money.
The Patreon gig is currently money for nothing but as more people move to Patreon, subscribers will start having to decide where their dollars go.
You mean she's got money for nothing, and her Chicks for free? That ain't working.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Meanwhile two shooters have tried to kill people over Mohammed cartoons.They were shot and no one else died.

What a senseless waste of human life. Trying to kill people over nothing, and dying for nothing. Religion is really messed up, and Islam, right now, is the most messed up religion of them all. At least they didn't drag anyone else with them.

Post by Guest »

I think that the Garland shooting thread on A+ sadly sums up the competitive narcissism of SJWs.
Garland Shooting
Postby qmartindale » Mon May 04, 2015 3:27 am

"Two shot dead after they open fire at Mohammad cartoon event in Texas"

So this took place about 20 miles from me. Not sure what to make of it yet,

Re: Garland Shooting
Postby Jasen777 » Mon May 04, 2015 4:00 am

About 48 miles from me.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Guest wrote:I think that the Garland shooting thread on A+ sadly sums up the competitive narcissism of SJWs.
Garland Shooting
Postby qmartindale » Mon May 04, 2015 3:27 am

"Two shot dead after they open fire at Mohammad cartoon event in Texas"

So this took place about 20 miles from me. Not sure what to make of it yet,

Re: Garland Shooting
Postby Jasen777 » Mon May 04, 2015 4:00 am

About 48 miles from me.
I posted my thoughts there right now.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Kirbmarc wrote:I posted my thoughts there right now.
Banned in 3, 2, ...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

feathers wrote:
You mean she's got money for nothing, and her Chicks for free? That ain't working.
I don't know, I've heard that's the way you do it.

*guitar solo*

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

What else can you say about something like that in a SJW paradise?

You can't blame the religion. You can't blame the victims for their free speech because thank fuck there were none. And the police saved lives so you can't blame them.

I suppose you could blame the patriarchy.

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

rayshul wrote:What else can you say about something like that in a SJW paradise?

You can't blame the religion. You can't blame the victims for their free speech because thank fuck there were none. And the police saved lives so you can't blame them.

They will blame those who ran the event.

Shatterface

Really?

Post by Really? »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:
rayshul wrote:What else can you say about something like that in a SJW paradise?

They will blame those who ran the event.

Shatterface

Yep. CNN has gotten on the victim blame train.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/03/us/mohamm ... -shooting/

The event was sponsored by the American Freedom Defense Initiative, which is considered an anti-Muslim group by the Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks hate groups.

The group said it specifically picked the venue, a public school-owned facility, because it was host to a event denouncing Islamophobia in January.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Pam Geller was involved on putting on the event. And Geert Wilders was a guest. So it will be victim blaming because 'they were asking for it,' just like Charlie Hebdo.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Tribble wrote:

Pam Geller was involved on putting on the event. And Geert Wilders was a guest. So it will be victim blaming because 'they were asking for it,' just like Charlie Hebdo.
Already happening. FTBExecCommittee on twitter is providing much lulz as a result.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Tigzy wrote:
Tribble wrote:

Already happening. FTBExecCommittee on twitter is providing much lulz as a result.
It's pretty funny how they're playing the game. I like the dig at the Southern Poverty Law center.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Tigzy wrote:
Tribble wrote:

It's pretty funny how they're playing the game. I like the dig at the Southern Poverty Law center.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Must of double-clicked.

Shatterface as Guest

Meanwhile, just days before the UK elections, Labour have held a segregated rally:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehous ... ted-rally/

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:Meanwhile, just days before the UK elections, Labour have held a segregated rally:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehous ... ted-rally/
And of course they only block people on Twitter who ask questions about it.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I'm not uote="Skep tickle"]
Service Dog wrote:What was the point of moderating the images I posted into un-clickable links?
I flagged it for review cuz one of the images was a person's face + a full name + a violence-wish, no idea if the name is real & I assumed (reading on phone) that it was just something random you picked up somewhere on the net, but it seemed worth a 2nd look. I didn't do the edit, not sure who did.[/quote]

Im not clear on what you're saying. I dont think i wrote anyone's name with any wish for violence. Are you saying the link to the photo source said someting like: www.photobucket.com/iwanttokillJohnQPublic.jpg?

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

Form that feminism and choices article.

"Yes, women can now work or stay at home if they have children, for example, but this “choice” is fairly hollow when child-rearing continues to be constructed as “women’s work”, there is insufficient state support for childcare, and childless women are decried as selfish."

I am a man. I am the stay at home parent. Every year I see more and more men take on this role. The difference is that I am glad for this "choice" and other people's opinions about my work don't impact me negatively. Nor do I rely on "state support". And I don't think childless people are selfish, except when they say things like "child-free" or "I'm too busy clubbing to have kids" (or something similar to lifestyle choice).

My point? None. That article was glazing my mind over. Just saying. YMMV. Carry on.

Crabman

Post by Crabman »

I'm so keen to know if the people doing muslim apologetics right now will extend the courtesy to any other religion. Or is the takeaway that it's fine to laugh at, insult and deliberately provoke Christians only until the point they start killing people? Because some of them already do. Dr Tiller for instance felt the consequence of operating within the law but offending Christian sensibilities. Yet there was no apologetics about respecting Christian feelings on abortion then. Not from that corner anyway.

It's also baffling that it's just terrorism the SJW left is so keen to excuse. Why not their other hobby horse FGM? Surely it's offensive to suggest that long standing tradition is anything but great, to the people who practice it? See, I'm confused if the message is that muslim sensibilities are more important than other people's lives, or if it's just that dead muslims make such a great opportunity to take pot shots at the entire west?

Mostly I'm just tired of this shit. I'm tired of there needing to be a debate at all. One side has lunatics who want to kill people over drawings that insult their headmates, isn't that the end of the debate on right and wrong?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

And I don't think childless people are selfish, except when they say things like "child-free" or "I'm too busy clubbing to have kids" (or something similar to lifestyle choice).
There's nothing wrong with choosing one thing over another. If people prefer clubbing to having children I don't see anything wrong with that.

A child is a HUGE responsibility. And yes, it's a choice, today. Nobody is forced to have children.

Many people simply aren't ready, or do not want, to have children. It's far better not to have children if you don't want them (for any possible reason) than to have children that you do not want.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Crabman wrote:I'm so keen to know if the people doing muslim apologetics right now will extend the courtesy to any other religion. Or is the takeaway that it's fine to laugh at, insult and deliberately provoke Christians only until the point they start killing people? Because some of them already do. Dr Tiller for instance felt the consequence of operating within the law but offending Christian sensibilities. Yet there was no apologetics about respecting Christian feelings on abortion then. Not from that corner anyway.
I asked the same question to a SJW on Twitter. He blocked me. :)
It's also baffling that it's just terrorism the SJW left is so keen to excuse. Why not their other hobby horse FGM? Surely it's offensive to suggest that long standing tradition is anything but great, to the people who practice it? See, I'm confused if the message is that muslim sensibilities are more important than other people's lives, or if it's just that dead muslims make such a great opportunity to take pot shots at the entire west?
It's all about justifying violent or otherwise jerky reactions to "offensive speech", so they feel free to insult you, interrupt your meetings, expel you from cons, generally act like prats like Geordie Tait, doxx you, write "Die cis scum!", etc.

Basically the SJWs want to find a way to justify censoring and targeting their enemies. To do that on a large scale they need some "hate speech" laws that cram together satire with harassment, insults with threats, etc.. Justifying terrorism as an "overreaction to hate speech" is part of the plan.
Mostly I'm just tired of this shit. I'm tired of there needing to be a debate at all. One side has lunatics who want to kill people over drawings that insult their headmates, isn't that the end of the debate on right and wrong?
Not if you want people to be thrown in jail just for being "offensive".

Europe has already done it with the laws on Holocaust denial, which are incredibly illiberal even though Holocaust denial is idiotic.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Talker wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:
Guest wrote:How does Rebecca Watson make a living? Can you actually generate money blogging about worthless shit and being a SJW parasite side-kick on different podcasts?
Forgive me, but what's up with the "Guest" accounts posting leading questions that appear to be attempts to get regulars to make statements suitable for later quote-mining? It's really fucking annoying (because I can't ignore them).
I also find this leading questions out of the blue business weird and annoying as well, I've been lurking for a week or two waiting for an opportune moment to say hello and ask a question when some jerk that can't even be bothered to create an account jumps in and starts asking dodgy questions. Rude I call it.

And where's my edit button?
We Are The Edit Buttons We've Been Waiting For.â„¢

Lynx, etc. etc.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Amanda Marcotte wrote:... They love drowning out useful tweets about real information ....
Oxymoron.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
And I don't think childless people are selfish, except when they say things like "child-free" or "I'm too busy clubbing to have kids" (or something similar to lifestyle choice).
There's nothing wrong with choosing one thing over another. If people prefer clubbing to having children I don't see anything wrong with that.

A child is a HUGE responsibility. And yes, it's a choice, today. Nobody is forced to have children.

Many people simply aren't ready, or do not want, to have children. It's far better not to have children if you don't want them (for any possible reason) than to have children that you do not want.
I agree but the people I am talking about are the one's writing articles about how awesome they are for being "child-free". They claim that people constantly tell them about how great having kids is and they defiantly push back against this great personal crime against them.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/co ... -childfree

Maybe not the best example (it hasn't got that college girl snark) but the authors reasons for being a parent are so stupid, so biased, that well....read the comments maybe.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

I think that the heads of the SJW movement (probably not the followers) have a plan in mind: they want to criminalize and silence any opposing voice and slowly start an authoritarian regime where they have privileges for nothing.

Of course it's not a plan that is likely to succeed any time soon, no more than the Dominionist plans for a theocratic dictatorship in the United States. It's a fringe, lunatic position. But just as the Religious Right wormed its way in the mainstream Republican party the SJWs have invaded the Democratic party, the Atheist/Skeptic movement, and are planning to take over all the nerdy interests who are becoming mainstream (video games, sci-fi, etc.).

The only difference is that while the Religious Right is strong with old people who are gradually dying out the Extremist Left is popular among many young people who rightfully see the Religious Right as a relic of the past but run blindly in the exact opposite extremism which uses the same tactics.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:A little research shows Strawkins is right (as usual) about simpleflower being trans:
https://fakecisgirl.wordpress.com/about/
ANOTHER SJW in WA??? Fucking hell, can't they all go down to SF, a long way from me? Please? Is that too much to ask?
NIMBY, buddy!

How about we compromise and set up a town somewhere in the middle, dedicated for SJWs, antivaxxers, et al.? would Ashland, OR work?

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

All Your Edit Buttons Are Belong To Us!

Shatterface as Guest

Sooner or later Islamists in the West are going to stop targeting those the SWJs have no interest in defending - free speakers and Jews - and attack minorities that are routinely persecuted in Muslim countries but who they have largely left alone over here - e.g. women or homosexuals.

Are they still going to make excuses when a bomb goes off in Brighton or Manchester's Canal Street?

Shatterface

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Service Dog wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:
I flagged it for review cuz one of the images was a person's face + a full name + a violence-wish, no idea if the name is real & I assumed (reading on phone) that it was just something random you picked up somewhere on the net, but it seemed worth a 2nd look. I didn't do the edit, not sure who did.
Im not clear on what you're saying. I dont think i wrote anyone's name with any wish for violence. Are you saying the link to the photo source said someting like: http://www.photobucket.com/iwanttokillJohnQPublic.jpg?
IMG tags re-enabled here: viewtopic.php?p=273039#p273039

Can't bring up original version to comment on the one photo other than what I saw when on phone: person's face + person's full name + text in the image that started off with (as I recall) "I want to hate-fuck you". Never did think you wrote the text.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Kirbmarc wrote:I think that the heads of the SJW movement (probably not the followers) have a plan in mind: they want to criminalize and silence any opposing voice and slowly start an authoritarian regime where they have privileges for nothing.

Of course it's not a plan that is likely to succeed any time soon, no more than the Dominionist plans for a theocratic dictatorship in the United States. It's a fringe, lunatic position. But just as the Religious Right wormed its way in the mainstream Republican party the SJWs have invaded the Democratic party, the Atheist/Skeptic movement, and are planning to take over all the nerdy interests who are becoming mainstream (video games, sci-fi, etc.).

The only difference is that while the Religious Right is strong with old people who are gradually dying out the Extremist Left is popular among many young people who rightfully see the Religious Right as a relic of the past but run blindly in the exact opposite extremism which uses the same tactics.
Nah.

The Neo-Hipster left has the same goal as the Religious Right. To flex their muscles, prove their power/relevance and gain glory and honor for the tribe. The stuff you mentioned are the flags that they CURRENTLY want to rise up to the top of the flagpole to get those things, but that doesn't necessarily mean that has to remain that way. The flags can change very quickly, if need be, and in fact I predict they will start to change, especially now as public perception of SJW ideas are starting to decline.

The Religious Right pounds Abortion/Gay Marriage because it's the most salient issues they have, due to our societies high value on child rearing. But before that, it was the media with music and movies and the like. But that stopped being a successful battlefield and they had to move on. Likewise, Neo-Hipster culture, now that the SJW stuff has hit its peak (IMO) will eventually try to move to a better battlefield. I don't know what that battlefield is, to be honest. Possibly economic? But that's a hard go because of the well-off nature of much of that sub-culture.

It's probably that they're at that phase in this where they're no longer trying to convince people...they're trying to bully people and create extremely strong in-group/out-group differences.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

And on the Watson thing...here's some honest, well-intentioned advice to her:

I think she can make a living doing that sort of thing. And I don't think there's anything wrong with it per se (although I'm iffy on the whole Clickbait aspect, but I don't think it's necessary). She could create a high-quality weekly podcast/webshow with interviews and discussion on feminist/atheist/scientific topics of the week. I'm not sure such a thing already exists, although it might and just might not be popular.

But maybe it could be done. There might be the market for it. Might is the operative term.

There's a possibility that the demands for purity makes that sort of exercise basically impossible. That creating a high-quality high-content piece of work is going to piss off the types of supporters who would be giving her money, eventually. But if anybody has the reputation to actually pull it off, it's actually probably her, I have to admit.

I'm actually SHOCKED that she hasn't even begun to try it yet.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

debaser71 wrote:"I'm too busy clubbing to have kids"
I heard that one from a seal hunter friend...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Skep tickle wrote: I flagged it for review cuz one of the images was a person's face + a full name + a violence-wish, no idea if the name is real & I assumed (reading on phone) that it was just something random you picked up somewhere on the net, but it seemed worth a 2nd look. I didn't do the edit, not sure who did.
Waaaitaminute… I know what this is…

You're referring to the series of pics I posted... of potential dating candidates for Richard Carrier/ provided he doesn't object to dating skanks.

The pic was a photo of Meg Lanker-Simons:
https://rashmanly.files.wordpress.com/2 ... mons-1.jpg

And, you're right, someone on the internet captioned the photo with the following quote:

“I want to hatefuck Meg Lanker-Simons so hard. That chick that runs her liberal mouth all the time and doesn’t care who knows it. I think it’s hot and it makes me angry. One night with me and she’s gonna be a good Republican bitch."

This is the pic I posted: https://andelino.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/meg-03.jpg

Meg Lanker-Simons (aka @Meghan Simons, aka @meglanker) is the University Of Wyoming's award-winning feminist who objected to a Facebook account called UW Crushes, where Wyoming students could post anonymous, public messages about crushes on their fellow students.

When the "I want to hatefuck…" quote appeared on UW Crushes, Meg Lanker-Simons held a high-profile protest campaign on campus and in the media, denouncing rape culture.

http://i0.wp.com/www.avoiceformalestude ... =480%2C360

Police then determined that the source of the threat was Meg Lanker-Simons' own laptop. She was convicted and fined.

News reports also revealed that she had previously brought a handgun into a radio station and brandished it at staff.

She was allowed to graduate and attend law school.

I ain't massively butthurt about it, but I respectfully contend that Meg Lanker-Simons violent threat against herself should not have been censored from the Slymepit, and I should have been informed that my post had been censored (rather than me noticing the change by happenstance); so that I'd have a fair chance to offer this explanation. :violin: :naughty: :snooty: :dance:

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Karmakin wrote:And on the Watson thing...here's some honest, well-intentioned advice to her:

[blah blah blah]

I'm actually SHOCKED that she hasn't even begun to try it yet.
If you are truly shocked at how lazy she is - because I agree that she's smart and witty enough to do a good job if she'd actually put some effort into it - then you need to spend more time with American liberal-arts-college feminists. It is completely in-character, not only to be lazy, but to expect to be coddled (e.g., paid) for just being who they are without doing anything useful at all. It even comes out in how they make excuses for not doing the required work for an undergrad course. (And don't even think about suggesting that they put their time into doing the work, rather than spend twice the time on their excuses and demands for special treatment; not unless you enjoy meetings with the dean.)

Oh, and please note that, while rarer, the male liberal-arts-college feminists are usually worse than the females.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Billie from Ockham wrote:All Your Edit Buttons Are Belong To Us!
Be the Edit button you wish to see in the world.