Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
screwtape

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by screwtape »

Brive1987 wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Or snake bite. Or kangaroo bite. Or koala bite. Or flower bite.
"Drop-bears" are the most feared culprit.
So the Sumatran Rat Monkeys haven't crossed the Tasman Sea? That's reassuring.

(Yeah, I like Dead Alive too.)

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Brive1987 wrote:I feel bad about Phil. I really didn't mean it like that.

Sorry.
You no worry. Me understand inglish verry goud.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

screwtape wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Or snake bite. Or kangaroo bite. Or koala bite. Or flower bite.
"Drop-bears" are the most feared culprit.
So the Sumatran Rat Monkeys haven't crossed the Tasman Sea? That's reassuring.

(Yeah, I like Dead Alive too.)
Fucking brilliant movie. And now, putting my "Captain Obvious" cap on: The Frighteners.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Sucker Punch - spoilers.

Asylum is a metaphor for patriarchal power. All men are involved in physical domination.

Baby Doll retreats at point of lobotomy into brothel world. This is a metaphor for rape culture. But it provides her leverage in the form of her sexuality (dancing) within which to enact escape. This world is a rationalisation played out within a micro second.

Sweet Pea in this world represents Baby Doll as agent - voice of reason, protecting sister (unsuccessfully). That's why Sweet Pea has the Baby Doll outfit on at the transition. Its also why she gets to escape to paradise (oblivion) at the end.

Baby Doll represents symbolic metaphoric action within the metaphor. The spark of real babydoll verve.

Only half way thru. Timeline to follow.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:I feel bad about Phil. I really didn't mean it like that.

Sorry.
You no worry. Me understand inglish verry goud.
[youtube]4e8cK7ArvjE[/youtube]

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

It's okay. Pepe is not a xenophobic stereotype at all.

I wish I were a SJW. I could build a Patreon on this.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:It's okay. Pepe is not a xenophobic stereotype at all.

French people have long been oppressed by English-language media. As we know, stereotypes plus power equal oppression, and who's more powerful in popular culture than the Anglophone US?

Vive la Francophonie, et a bas l'Anglocentrique Patriarcat!

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

[youtube]0rjDwm4PMJY[/youtube]

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

Kirbmarc wrote:

French people have long been oppressed by English-language media. As we know, stereotypes plus power equal oppression, and who's more powerful in popular culture than the Anglophone US?

I'm reading The Wake by Paul Kingsnorth which is set just after the Battle of Hastings.

The French oppressed by ancestors for 300 years.

Fuccen Merdelords.

Shatterface

feathers

Post by feathers »

comhcinc wrote:http://i.imgur.com/tIFMpXs.jpg

What's creepy is the need to delete everything. I get banning Brive, I mean that just makes sense, but to spend the time to delete everything. I mean are the people who took part in that also suppose to forget?
The people who took part in what are supposed to forget what? It never happened. You are not crimethinking plusungood are you?

feathers

Post by feathers »

KiwiInOz wrote:Forget what? It never happened.
Meh. Ninja galore.

biblia

Post by biblia »

Brive1987 wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I like toast.

Aaaah, much better!
I'll put one of these under your pillow.

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/201504/r14 ... 208331.jpg
Hmm, strange things happening. Did I post an unfinished post or not? Anyway, new Whitaker's nz honey choc comes complete with wasp. Don't expect links, son's b'day, cocktails, get off my lawn.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Pitchguest wrote:
John D wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:Apologies in advance for channeling Buzz Killington.
I just found out that the mother of my brother's child is crazy. Insane. Absolutely mental.

To really give you a clue of how fucked up the custody system is in this country, and perhaps other countries too, the mother (now estranged) of my brother's child has been making a lot of demands from my parents and I, and my brother, that she needs more time alone. She's been doing this for months and she's said this even though she's free from work that week or that particular day. And being that we're goodhearted, we've accepted these demands.

I mean, my niece is a bundle of joy. She lightens up the room. She can be a handful but that's true for most children. It's not like we don't want to have her here.

Only it's now been revealed to me that the reason she wants time alone is because if she doesn't ... she would do something drastic.

Like put tape over her mouth. Or put a sock in it. Or drown her. Or just leave her so she can restart her life from scratch. Yeah.

This is what she said. And there is proof. Text messages that go back months. And the reason that my brother hasn't taken these to court is because he's afraid that the court will rule so that neither of them can see her. He's been living in Norway, the only place he was able to find a job, and so he only sees her during the weekend. He's afraid that the court will rule that this is not good enough behaviour for a father. He's also afraid that he's not been paying enough support, even though he's paying more than he should.

In addition, the mother constantly gets her clothes that are way too thin to keep her warm, so when she's here she's almost always runny or with a cold. She's reluctant to take her to the emergency room where she makes all these excuses not to go, like "the train car was offline" or "she (her daughter) was sleeping" - which eventually leads to a circumstance we have now where her daughter is dehydrated and weak because she had been puking all night and her mother didn't want to take her to the doctor. We only found out she had been puking all night when she persuaded us to take care of her because she wanted extra hours at work.

This is fucked up. I love my niece. I care the world for my niece. Her mother clearly doesn't.
You could try to get custody yourself. Is that possible? Just collect all the info from the mom that you can... all the abuse texts... all the neglect. Take pictures of the bad clothes. Take pictures of her not getting medical treatment.

Why would the court not allow your brother to see her? Perhaps they would not give him full custody so he would have to use you as the caregiver during the week.

Bottom line... is the child in danger?
Is the child in danger? I don't know. All I know is, the mother isn't mentally well and I'm worried she will hurt her someday.

My brother's scared the court will rule that neither of them are a good fit for parenting and will put her in a new home.

We have the evidence of the text messages she sent. My brother's not sure that's enough, though. The last text to do with potentially physically hurting my niece was six months ago. Since she's mostly been complaining about the noise. It's when she complains about not getting enough time for herself that we get anxious. Because then she usually wants one of us to take care of her, when my brother's not here, of course. So since nothing was done sooner, it's become this dilemma of, "what will she do if we say no?"
If she is fed up with the child, she might bite on an offer from your brother to take care of your niece for the summer to 'give her a break.' It might be possible that she likes the time away so much she may opt to not pick her back up. Don't change child support payments. Offer her liberal ability to visit on weekends or whenever.

Sometimes complacency and the easy lazy way out are the easiest way to get matters changed.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote:Sucker Punch - spoilers.

Asylum is a metaphor for patriarchal power. All men are involved in physical domination.

Baby Doll retreats at point of lobotomy into brothel world. This is a metaphor for rape culture. But it provides her leverage in the form of her sexuality (dancing) within which to enact escape. This world is a rationalisation played out within a micro second.

Sweet Pea in this world represents Baby Doll as agent - voice of reason, protecting sister (unsuccessfully). That's why Sweet Pea has the Baby Doll outfit on at the transition. Its also why she gets to escape to paradise (oblivion) at the end.

Baby Doll represents symbolic metaphoric action within the metaphor. The spark of real babydoll verve.

Only half way thru. Timeline to follow.
Right. Brothel is rape culture where the girls are owned and have one purpose. The three other girls die because there is no physical escape from this setup. They want freedom but it is denied by male rights.

Baby Doll here represents the spark, the real Baby Doll, that which has be sacrified, that which cannot exist. That is the fifth thing.

Thats why she gives herself up symbolically using her sexuality as final bait in her sexist costume yet. The spark dies so the Baby Doll represented by Sweet Pea can withdraw to a bliss of her own creation outside this world - the bus in the metaphor and the lobotomy in the real world. Thats why Sweet Pea is the voice over at the end. Thats why the blone baby doll says "this is the only way, it was never about me". Note how the bus world is an amalgam of the brothel world but with elements if the action universes (sky colour, bus driver (god?)

The bit about the asylum guard getting arrested is pure bullshit redemption and should never have happened. The movie should have stopped with the labotomy moving into the bus sequence.

The crappy sayings of the guide are really nuggets for real woman to take on board. "If you stand stand for something .. " etc.

Good movie. Deep. Not bullshit IMHO.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Thats me for the night, woozy.

Lochness_Hamster

Post by Lochness_Hamster »

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Sofa King High wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:You know how Texas is supposed to be one of those conservative, less government states? I'm applying for my license in multiple states(want to do the travel/locum thing for a while)and TX has the bureaucratic application process out of any other state I've applied to. Nutty liberal, nanny state, California on the other hand, has a simple one page form.
Simple, Texas does that to keep the wetbacks out. Cali wants the wetbacks.
This is a medical technicians license, what does immigration have to do with it?

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Brive1987 wrote:Cracked has helpfully provided a one paragraph summary of the Rift with a break out on EG.

http://i.imgur.com/AVli0wq.jpg

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-ways-athe ... ng-itself/
Ugh. Trolling with clickbait. And it will work too. But I won't be clicking on it.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote:Benson helpfully shows us what a SJ rape looks like.

Notice how the looming man is "pinning" his helpless victim.

http://i.imgur.com/NEtKZEO.jpg

" Paul Tadlock, the artist who sculpted the bronze piece almost a quarter-century ago, was mildly amused. Tadlock, 79, told Women in the World in a telephone interview, “That [sculpture] was [done] in the early 1990s when my daughter was a student at the University of the Incarnate Word. In fact, that’s her. I sculpted her.”

Tadlock is familiar with Twitter, but “not on it” and, until his conversation with Women in the World, had not been aware of the concept of mansplaining, a word that entered the lexicon sometime between 2008 and 2010. After learning about the concept, Tadlock agreed that the phenomenon is common.

“That’s generally the case. The ladies know more,” he said. “Because guys, young guys particularly, love to tell everything they know to impress the girls, and the truth is most of the girls know it already.”

However, Tadlock insisted that the mansplaining concept was not an intended meaning behind the sculpture.

“It was two students visiting, talking … implying nothing beyond that,” Tadlock insisted even when asked if he was possibly expressing the idea of mansplaining on a subconscious level.

When De la Cruz posted the photo of it on Twitter, the retweets, favorites and mentions immediately began pouring in, but it had some help with amplification on the social media site.

De la Cruz’s and Hernandez’s photo was picked up by journalist and feminist writer Ann Friedman who tweeted the photo with a slightly modified version of de la Cruz’s headline, “Mansplaining: The Statue (via @SadDiego).” Friedman’s tweet has racked up more than 2,900 retweets. And on Tuesday, Jerry Saltz, the senior art critic for New York magazine tweeted a version of de la Cruz’s original joke.

De la Cruz said it was easily her most successful tweet ever. “By a landslide. A huge feminist landslide.” She’s picked up more than 200 followers since the original tweet and, five days later, the mentions and retweets are still coming in.

Twitter users have also been pointing out other similar sculptures around the country. There are several, including one on the campus of Purdue University located, almost poetically, in a place called Lecture Hall. "

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Brive1987 wrote:Had it at a party last saturday. Tasted more caramel but with a hint of weird.
Yeah... Like salted caramel with a hint of yeast extract weirdness.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

And what they mean by yeast extract in Vegemite is actually yeast scum from beer brewing. Talk about recycling!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote:Three things stand out here.

1. SZvan never felt the need for post grad education - you go girl. Interested in research, didnt do an MA.
2. She has the hide to include SW Blog of the Year Award - the most incestuous micro fart imaginable
3. I didnt know there was a colour version of that pic. Cool.

BTW like Melody I am trapped in bed, able to type but not really move. Virus. Hence the post spewathon. It will stop.

Unlike Melody, I hope / expect to be mobile again real soon.

http://i.imgur.com/6a5j76P.jpg

I notice there hasn't really been any updates or news on the Secular Woman Work conference since Feb.
I'm amazed she doesn't add her 7331 coding skillz.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Vegemite is revolting. Marmite on the other and is delicious.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

hand*

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Aneris wrote:It's simple: by deleting the comments and adding “they love to harass victims of sexual assault” he gives the impression that this was the nature of Brive's interaction. Even if there was an element of it, PZ Myers once again replaced a source with his own assessment and thereby denies that anyone can check it. This, alas, is also typical and is done all the time in different ways (also by writing opinion peaces but don't include any source, quote mining, reporting bias, et cetera. Since nobody can check and we know different things than they know, we end up with two different realities, where one is systemically fudged. Theirs, evidently.
When I first got here, all the archiving and freeze-paging seemed a bit obsessive to me, but I soon understood it. Even more, if you run a popular blog with contentious commenters, as does P Z Myers, and want to be able to clean it up, you really ought to do an archive, yourself, before making the deletions ... at least, you should if you believe in what you claim to believe in. If you don't archive before deleting, then you shouldn't talk about what you deleted ... at least, you shouldn't if you believe in what you claim to believe in. If you delete without archiving and still discuss the deleted comments - or worse: use them as evidence for some claim - then you come across as a lying sack of shit.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

jimthepleb wrote:hand*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Masturbation_Day
National Masturbation Day, also known as International Masturbation Day, is an annual event celebrated on May 7[1] or May 28,[2][3] to protect the right to masturbate. The first National Masturbation Day was first observed May 7, 1995, after sex-positive retailer, Good Vibrations, declared the day in honor of Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders who was fired by President Bill Clinton for suggesting masturbation be a part of sex education curriculum for students; she was terminated on December 9, 1994.[4][4]

International Masturbation Day has since been expanded to include the entire month of May as International Masturbation Month.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/ ... inpops.gif

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Aneris wrote:It's simple: by deleting the comments and adding “they love to harass victims of sexual assault” he gives the impression that this was the nature of Brive's interaction. Even if there was an element of it, PZ Myers once again replaced a source with his own assessment and thereby denies that anyone can check it. This, alas, is also typical and is done all the time in different ways (also by writing opinion peaces but don't include any source, quote mining, reporting bias, et cetera. Since nobody can check and we know different things than they know, we end up with two different realities, where one is systemically fudged. Theirs, evidently.
When I first got here, all the archiving and freeze-paging seemed a bit obsessive to me, but I soon understood it. Even more, if you run a popular blog with contentious commenters, as does P Z Myers, and want to be able to clean it up, you really ought to do an archive, yourself, before making the deletions ... at least, you should if you believe in what you claim to believe in. If you don't archive before deleting, then you shouldn't talk about what you deleted ... at least, you shouldn't if you believe in what you claim to believe in. If you delete without archiving and still discuss the deleted comments - or worse: use them as evidence for some claim - then you come across as a lying sack of shit.
You dirty harasser apologist. He's obviously deleting comments not to trigger the delicate sensibilities of his audience.

Including when he deleted his own old "Islamophobic" comments. Old PZ is triggering to the people who only know New PZ.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

I'm reading The Wake by Paul Kingsnorth which is set just after the Battle of Hastings.

Fuccen Merdelords.

Shatterface
I'm part Italian of long-removed POC descent (1/1024 of Saracen blood). I beat both of you dirty colonial oppressors.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Kirbmarc wrote:You dirty harasser apologist. He's obviously deleting comments not to trigger the delicate sensibilities of his audience.
I know that you're joking, but that is a typical defense that I've seen for "cleaning" the comments. As I was trying to say, I don't have a problem with deleting comments as long as you archive them first or never use them as evidence. The best option, IMO, when you decide to do some cleaning, is to archive the current version, clean, then add a comment saying that you've done some deleting and provide the link to the archived version. Anyone with trigger issues can just not click. Anyone wanting to see the evidence of shitlordery can follow the link.

To not take the ten seconds required to archive before cleaning is, to me, evidence that you are not just cleaning; you are concealing. (I could also add "silencing," but I won't.)

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

He looks very hard.

Rape culture. QED.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The best option, IMO, when you decide to do some cleaning, is to archive the current version, clean, then add a comment saying that you've done some deleting and provide the link to the archived version. Anyone with trigger issues can just not click. Anyone wanting to see the evidence of shitlordery can follow the link.
To quote the Atheism Plus forum whenever they ban anyone: "and nothing of value was lost".

The SJWs want to live in a place where they can insult the rest of the human race with impunity and never be bothered by those who could answer, explain, reply, show data or in any way argue with them. They want a echo chamber. They want a "safe space". They don't want to interact with people who disagree with them unless those who disagree debase themselves and apologize at length.

The name "FreeThoughtBlogs" is an ironic appellation just like "the Democratic People's Republic of Korea".

They're exactly as dogmatic as the Fundies, if not more. The shitlordery musn't just be hidden, it must be deleted so that no one sees it even accidentally. Heresy cannot touch the minds of the Horde. Anyone who wants to read the shitlordery is a degenerate fool at best and a secret shitlord at worst.
To not take the ten seconds required to archive before cleaning is, to me, evidence that you are not just cleaning; you are concealing.
PZ is a dishonest fuckwit who loves to demonize people who disagree with them and if he deletes their comments this makes it even easier for him, because he can just label whatever was written in every way he wants.

In other news, water is wet and the sun is hot.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

comhcinc wrote:
National Masturbation Day, also known as International Masturbation Day, is an annual event celebrated on May 7[1] or May 28,[2][3] to protect the right to masturbate. The first National Masturbation Day was first observed May 7, 1995, after sex-positive retailer, Good Vibrations, declared the day in honor of Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders who was fired by President Bill Clinton for suggesting masturbation be a part of sex education curriculum for students; she was terminated on December 9, 1994.[4][4]

International Masturbation Day has since been expanded to include the entire month of May as International Masturbation Month.
Muslim televangelist tells men who masturbate their hands will be pregnant in the afterlife.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

paddybrown wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Muslim televangelist tells men who masturbate their hands will be pregnant in the afterlife.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

jimthepleb wrote:Vegemite is revolting. Marmite on the other and is delicious.
You're telling me that there is something less appetizing than marmite?

:o

dogen

Post by dogen »

paddybrown wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Aneris wrote:funny error, via pronounciation: peaces = pieces ;)
Those are called "homonyms"...
Actually, "homophones". Words that sound the same but mean something different. And they hate gay people.

(shamelessly stolen from Stephen Fry on QI)
I thought homophones were telecommunication devices provided by GayT&T.

:rimshot:

I'll get me coat...

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

Fuccen Merdelords.

Shatterface
When the english are proud of something related to norman ancestry they're totally completely nordic, barely french at all, but when it's to talk about the poor opressed peasantry getting massacred all of a sudden the normans are 100% french. No worries, it's barely a blip compared to what the english wrought upon french peasants throughout the Hundred Years war, but the only thing most anglo's ever seem to know about that period is Agincourt, conveniently.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Ape+lust wrote:

I'm 6'0", 215 lbs. My GF is 5'2", 145 lbs. My doll is 86% & 67% smaller than me, resp.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Kirbmarc wrote:
I'm part Italian of long-removed POC descent (1/1024 of Saracen blood). I beat both of you dirty colonial oppressors.
Dude, do you even know what my last name means?

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

Hasidic Jews in London try to out-crazy Muslims shock:
Leaders of an ultra-Orthodox Jewish sect in north London have said children who are driven to school by their mothers will be turned away at the school gates.

Rabbis from the marginal Hasidic sect Belz have told women in Stamford Hill who drive that they go against “the traditional rules of modesty in our camp”.
From The Guardian.

(Apparently I can't post URLs now)

Shatterface

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

No surprise, considering Vegemite is made from ground-up vegetables, while Marmite is made from ground-up marmots.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Dude, do you even know what my last name means?
That you're the descendant of filthy Crusader imperialists! :lol:

But I'm still a dirty rape-enabling shitlord when compared to Godfrey Elfwick. Xe's a transblack genderqueer lesbian Muslim atheist, and we all need to bow to xem in shame.

Charles MacGruder

Post by Charles MacGruder »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:

I'm 6'0", 215 lbs. My GF is 5'2", 145 lbs. My doll is 86% & 67% smaller than me, resp.
Exactly the same here - except I can't speak for my girlfriends weight, but she is a petite one.

According to Benson our respective girlfriends are other species, and weirdly, grotesquely out of proportion to us. It is us, however, who is contributing to their otherization by not recognising and flouting these misogynistic tropes, but perpetuating them. The existence of our relationships with these size disparities would be one thing if it was an outlier, but in the wider context of the world it is simply contributing to systemic domination and oppression.

Charles MacGruder

Post by Charles MacGruder »

My head is also huge, and even though we're both Irish I'm vastly whiter than she is to the point where side by side we can look interracial (she is more tanned than average, I am paler than average). These make the power dynamics even worse.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
No surprise, considering Vegemite is made from ground-up vegetables, while Marmite is made from ground-up marmots.
I thought it was made of mites inhabiting vegetables resp. marmots.

There is after all cheese containing mites. Deliberately.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Eskarina wrote: There is after all cheese containing mites. Deliberately.
Meh. That's lightweight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Tigzy wrote:
Meh. That's lightweight.

I've heard of it. :lol:

Just can't imagine myself desperate enough to try, except maybe during the Zombie Apocalypse.

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

Does anyone know if there are casualties for the flood in Austin, TX?
I'm not yet willing to give up all hope Glasser or Wagner were killed in the rapture.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:

1. SZvan never felt the need for post grad education - you go girl. Interested in research, didnt do an MA.
2. She has the hide to include SW Blog of the Year Award - the most incestuous micro fart imaginable

BTW like Melody I am trapped in bed, able to type but not really move. Virus. Hence the post spewathon. It will stop.

I notice there hasn't really been any updates or news on the Secular Woman Work conference since Feb.
Def Steph haz mad skillz, yo!

* Former Associate President of some minor league, do-little atheists' club;
http://mnatheists.org/information/who-we-are

* Owns a video camera; convinced public access TV to give her ... public access;

* Posts prolix, nearly unintelligible first drafts at her own little personal blog, which won some made-up award from a little blog run by a half-dozen other insignificant, slactvisist ne'er-do-wells;

* Got a BA in a field that you need at least a Masters to do anything with;

* Has done nothing with it;

* Reads stuff;

* Has lorded over a few SJW circle-jerks;

* Displays attention-seeking behavior in public.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

TiBo wrote:Does anyone know if there are casualties for the flood in Austin, TX?
I'm not yet willing to give up all hope Glasser or Wagner were killed in the rapture.
Actually, an 18 yo girl was washed away to her death while driving home from the prom. A 41 yo mother is also missing, presumed dead.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Eskarina wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Meh. That's lightweight.

I've heard of it. :lol:

Just can't imagine myself desperate enough to try, except maybe during the Zombie Apocalypse.
My great uncle, whose family was from Calabria, used to talk about the old men in the neighborhood eating this stuff.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Has to be said, Steph bragging about how her blog was named 'blog of the year' by Secular Woman is kinda like Charles Manson larding it on about being nominated 'hot cock of the century' - or suchlike - by his 'Family'.

I admit, the comparison might be a tad grotesquely overblown. I mean, I don't think all of Secular Woman is much like Manson's little coven of groupies.

Also, I doubt Steph could cut a rug quite as well either, unless she was taking a lawn strimmer to her bikini line.

[youtube]BhE-F8Zw-3o[/youtube]

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Charles MacGruder wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Exactly the same here - except I can't speak for my girlfriends weight, but she is a petite one.

According to Benson our respective girlfriends are other species, and weirdly, grotesquely out of proportion to us. It is us, however, who is contributing to their otherization by not recognising and flouting these misogynistic tropes, but perpetuating them. The existence of our relationships with these size disparities would be one thing if it was an outlier, but in the wider context of the world it is simply contributing to systemic domination and oppression.
My GF does love it when I pin her down, though. So , ya know = Misogyny / Stockholm Syndrome.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Charles MacGruder wrote:My head is also huge....
As your avatar clearly shows.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

Def Steph haz mad skillz, yo!

* Former Associate President of some minor league, do-little atheists' club;
http://mnatheists.org/information/who-we-are

* Owns a video camera; convinced public access TV to give her ... public access;

* Posts prolix, nearly unintelligible first drafts at her own little personal blog, which won some made-up award from a little blog run by a half-dozen other insignificant, slactvisist ne'er-do-wells;

* Got a BA in a field that you need at least a Masters to do anything with;

* Has done nothing with it;

* Reads stuff;

* Has lorded over a few SJW circle-jerks;

* Displays attention-seeking behavior in public.
Was that the same atheist group who had a big fan in that shooter?

http://www.michaelnugent.com/2015/02/13 ... e-beliefs/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

SoylentAtheist wrote:
Sunder wrote:But I do have to reiterate what others have said: It was awfully dumb of Radford to not have Stollznow post their joint retraction as well.
How many more thousands of dollars would that have cost him?
You all do not fully appreciate just how difficult & draining it can be to deal with a psycho bitch.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Tigzy wrote:Has to be said, Steph bragging about how her blog was named 'blog of the year' by Secular Woman is kinda like Charles Manson larding it on about being nominated 'hot cock of the century' - or suchlike - by his 'Family'.

I admit, the comparison might be a tad grotesquely overblown. I mean, I don't think all of Secular Woman is much like Manson's little coven of groupies.

Also, I doubt Steph could cut a rug quite as well either, unless she was taking a lawn strimmer to her bikini line.

Zvan seems like the kind of person who would receive a "World's Best Wife" mug and thank the Academy for the wonderful honor won against such stiff competition.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

We've just watched the new SpongeBob movie (and no, we don't have kids). It's completely fucked up, looks like the writers were on crack, and it's hilarious.

I recommend it.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Tigzy wrote:Has to be said, Steph bragging about how her blog was named 'blog of the year' by Secular Woman is kinda like Charles Manson larding it on about being nominated 'hot cock of the century' - or suchlike - by his 'Family'.

Tonight is the premiere of a new TV series with David Duchovny: Aquarius. From what I've gathered watching the trailer, it's about Manson. Looks pretty sleek.

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

TheMan wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Had it at a party last saturday. Tasted more caramel but with a hint of weird.
Yeah... Like salted caramel with a hint of yeast extract weirdness.
Are you guys talking about cunnilingus and baked beans again?

Awkward segue; It has taken me over a year to catch up on my reading here since registration.