Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
feathers

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by feathers »

Parody Accountant wrote:I'm from the south and fuck you too you bumpkin. YEHAWWW MOTHERFUCKER.

I mean I get southern culture, I really do. I have a hot sister too.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... _Dukes.jpg

You sutherners like big tits, don't you? S'pose all the cattle breeding has also selected farmers with a keen eye for huge udders.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

comhcinc wrote:So yeah maybe this flag thing is getting a little out of control?

http://www.ultimategeneral.com/blog/our ... m-appstore
As you may have been already informed (Read Facebook link), Apple has removed our game from AppStore because of usage of the Confederate Flag. Ultimate General: Gettysburg could be accepted back if the flag is removed from the game's content.

We accept Apple's decision and understand that this is a sensitive issue for the American Nation. We wanted our game to be the most accurate, historical, playable reference of the Battle of Gettysburg. All historical commanders, unit composition and weaponry, key geographical locations to the smallest streams or farms are recreated in our game's battlefield.

We receive a lot of letters of gratitude from American teachers who use our game in history curriculum to let kids experience one of the most important battles in American history from the Commander's perspective.

Spielberg’s "Schindler's List" did not try to amend his movie to look more comfortable. The historical "Gettysburg" movie (1993) is still on iTunes. We believe that all historical art forms: books, movies, or games such as ours, help to learn and understand history, depicting events as they were. True stories are more important to us than money.

Therefore we are not going to amend the game's content and Ultimate General: Gettysburg will no longer be available on AppStore. We really hope that Apple’s decision will achieve the desired results.

We can’t change history, but we can change the future.
You think! They now want to ban 'Gone With The Wind.'

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/ ... -the-wind/

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Steersman wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:By the way Steers, I want you to read this guys book before you comment again on First Nation topics. :hand:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_R._Jewitt
He's not reading anything until he finishes Novum Organum.
Don't see that there's any great necessity for me to do so - particularly with increasingly limited time. My point, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't or isn't that you don't have a right to your opinion - regardless of how wrong it might be. It was that I don't have to read it all, or even much of it, to realize that your opinion isn't particularly consistent with a great many others - philosophers, historians, etc., etc. - who seem to have a great deal more credibility than you do. Rather disingenuous or clueless - at best - for you and, apparently, CaptainFluffyBunny to ignore that argument.
Jesus wept.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Parody Accountant wrote:paddybrown is comhcinc's dad
And when he's under my roof he follows my rules. Because I say so.

How am I doing?

(Seriously, is there a joke there I should be getting but am too thick to, or are you just talking random shite as usual?)

James Caruthers

jet_lagg wrote:Is it hyperbole to say nobody? I know technically you can never rule a possibility out, but I've not heard, or even heard of, anybody saying the massacre was just
Not only that, but racist movements function just fine when their outward indications of racism are outlawed.

The UK is currently experiencing a massive revival in racism even though holocaust denial can land you in jail in some places. Driving racism underground only ensures a thriving underground racist scene.

Not every Muslim is a terrorist.
Not every white person is a bigot.
All Muslims don't have to apologize for a few terrorists.
All white people don't have to apologize for a few spree killers.
The problem only comes in when the philosophy any group supports directly leads to the manufacture of those killers, and AFAIK outlawing flags who don't shit to stop racist killers any more than outlawing a burka will stop terrorist bombings.

James Caruthers

"outlawing flags don't do shit" fixed

James Caruthers

Dave wrote:
I am totally fine with the symbol being used on graves and memorials to fallen Confederate soldiers. Personally, I think they are traitors who deserve little memorialization, but then Im an asshole. But if youre going to do it, the symbol they fought under seems perfectly appropriate.
That certainly is an asshole opinion.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Speaking of banners:

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=c ... mp=yhs-004

Someone needs a comma.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

James Caruthers wrote:
Steersman wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:Snip
He's not reading anything until he finishes Novum Organum.
Don't see that there's any great necessity for me to do so - particularly with increasingly limited time. My point, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't or isn't that you don't have a right to your opinion - regardless of how wrong it might be. It was that I don't have to read it all, or even much of it, to realize that your opinion isn't particularly consistent with a great many others - philosophers, historians, etc., etc. - who seem to have a great deal more credibility than you do. Rather disingenuous or clueless - at best - for you and, apparently, CaptainFluffyBunny to ignore that argument.
Jesus wept.
"Opinion isn't consist" from a person that took one paper of the thousands on the word "nigger ", all of the condemning the word, and even that paper didn't support his position. Which is why the Capt has Steers on ignore. The Capt's increasingly little time and all.

James, Kirbmarc...maybe we should start a support group? 'cause I did it again.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

TiBo wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:If you want to go into a little more depth:
[youtube]InaGWwt5hWk[/youtube]
It's odd how the conspiracy theory types grab onto the worst tragedies to peddle their demented wares, there are tons of thes nuts going after these type of horrible events, I'm sure it's already"proven" that Obama was behind the recent church shootings to take away our guns, our (Confederate) flag, our religion, etc.
Frustrating. This kind of anti-semitism is nothing but a mental illness, but will never be treated as such because it's too widespread and has instated itself as a cultural meme.
http://brothernathanaelfoundation.org/about
Brother Nathanael speaks and writes as a former Jew--now an Orthodox Christian--and not in any official capacity with ROCOR.
If being significantly wrong is a form of mental illness, then maybe all those announcements that 1/3rd of the US population is mentally ill is true. Crystal healing, homeopathy, most religions...

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Let me try that again:

[youtube]v=zAYODGyHIEk[/youtube]

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Fuck it

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Dear Neo-Confederates (to clarify I am not addressing any particular poster here),
Please try and picture the following scenario.
After finally sitting down and doing the math, The Pacific Coast states, New York, and New England realize that being in the Union is a fiscally horrific deal for them.
They announce their secession and rise in violent rebellion against the Federal government "in defense of their distinct culture and way of life".
After having it patiently explained to them that, without subsidies from the newly departed commie-pinko-faggot parts of the country, they are now royally fucked, the remaining states call off the celebration (and accompanying plans to declare the Theocratic Republic of Jesusland) and set about restoring the Union.
After four years and approximately seven million deaths, the dust settles over the re-united States.
How are you goobers going to fucking react when the defeated Blue States start flying their flag over government buildings again?

Your Pal,

Goofus

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

mordacious1 wrote:Let me try that again:

[youtube]v=zAYODGyHIEk[/youtube]
You needed to take out the "v="

[youtube]zAYODGyHIEk[/youtube]

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Easy J wrote:
paddybrown wrote:Right, caught up after a gruelling rehearsal schedule. First off, my condolences to SN, sounds like a horrible situation.

Second, in checking out Avery Richmann on Twitter (no way he's genuine), I discovered that in response to this tweet from the Dawk:
The Oaf said:
Um, "victim blaming" anyone?

<snip>
Someone should throw her shitty quote right back at her next time she complains about a muslim lynch mob rioting over cartoons or stoning some woman to death.
My thoughts too. Save an image in case she deletes it.

http://i.imgur.com/SfShB16.png

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

comhcinc wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Is it possible to have 2 colds simultaneously? Remember a couple of weeks ago I was suffering from a bad cold? The congestion went away but I still had a persistent sore throat and cough. Now it's back to stuffed up head and runny nose. It feels like a whole new cold.

Sounds more like allergies.
Way worse than allergies. Pseudophed didn't even make a dent in it. Been steaming my face all day to get even a little relief.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

As a side note, I find it questionable that a charitable non-profit foundation has been set up where one person is the primary beneficiary (himself). But, that guy is such the bottom of the totem pole in terms of influence, it is best to just ignore. The people donating are well aware of where the money goes.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

katamari Damassi wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Is it possible to have 2 colds simultaneously? Remember a couple of weeks ago I was suffering from a bad cold? The congestion went away but I still had a persistent sore throat and cough. Now it's back to stuffed up head and runny nose. It feels like a whole new cold.

Sounds more like allergies.
Way worse than allergies. Pseudophed didn't even make a dent in it. Been steaming my face all day to get even a little relief.
Hot spicy food (crushed red peppers in chicken soup in a pinch). It may not cure what ails you, but at least it will clear out a clogged nose, and the tears running down your eyes will provide some temporary relief. And as far as a distraction goes, it beats the hell out of smashing your foot with a hammer.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Karmakin wrote:I agree, I just largely see the tiers a different way, in terms of reading and not necessarily posting.
I had not thought of the profit/non-profit dimension and agree that it's relevant.

Post by Guest »

When Ophelia Benson said this: She was referring to Dawkins' Twitter followers as the mob.

It started here: And since then she's been obsessively stalking Dawkins' Twitter feed.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

paddybrown wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:paddybrown is comhcinc's dad
And when he's under my roof he follows my rules. Because I say so.

How am I doing?

(Seriously, is there a joke there I should be getting but am too thick to, or are you just talking random shite as usual?)
I'm tri-racial so all you white people look kinda alike... to my untrained eyes you look like an older version of comhcinc

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

James Caruthers wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:Is it hyperbole to say nobody? I know technically you can never rule a possibility out, but I've not heard, or even heard of, anybody saying the massacre was just
Not only that, but racist movements function just fine when their outward indications of racism are outlawed.

The UK is currently experiencing a massive revival in racism even though holocaust denial can land you in jail in some places. Driving racism underground only ensures a thriving underground racist scene.

The problem only comes in when the philosophy any group supports directly leads to the manufacture of those killers, and AFAIK outlawing flags who don't shit to stop racist killers any more than outlawing a burka will stop terrorist bombings.
Nope not true. The rise of racism in the UK (if it is real which is VERY questionable) is unrelated to any 'banning of holocaust denial' or suchlike. The swastika is not banned here, nor the confederate flag.
'Hate speech' is what was banned. A more nebulous term does not exist, especially as it is defined by the listener.

Billie from Ockham

Gefan wrote:Dear Neo-Confederates (to clarify I am not addressing any particular poster here),
After finally sitting down and doing the math, The Pacific Coast states, New York, and New England realize that being in the Union is a fiscally horrific deal for them.
They announce their secession and rise in violent rebellion against the Federal government "in defense of their distinct culture and way of life".
After having it patiently explained to them that, without subsidies from the newly departed commie-pinko-faggot parts of the country, they are now royally fucked, the remaining states call off the celebration (and accompanying plans to declare the Theocratic Republic of Jesusland) and set about restoring the Union.
After four years and approximately seven million deaths, the dust settles over the re-united States.
How are you goobers going to fucking react when the defeated Blue States start flying their flag over government buildings again?

Your Pal,

Goofus
The idea that the "goobers" would win said war is too implausible for this thought experiment to succeed.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

So it has been over a month since the Honey Badger Brigade kicked off their lawsuit fund.

http://www.feedthebadger.com/projects/h ... egal-fund/

Anyone know where that stands? I know the wheels of legal battles are slow, but there were not even at the point of starting a lawsuit back then. And I can punish myself by viewing a few handfuls of people prattling on for hours on end about their navels.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

deLurch wrote:
Easy J wrote:
paddybrown wrote:Right, caught up after a gruelling rehearsal schedule. First off, my condolences to SN, sounds like a horrible situation.

Second, in checking out Avery Richmann on Twitter (no way he's genuine), I discovered that in response to this tweet from the Dawk:
The Oaf said:
Um, "victim blaming" anyone?

<snip>
Someone should throw her shitty quote right back at her next time she complains about a muslim lynch mob rioting over cartoons or stoning some woman to death.
My thoughts too. Save an image in case she deletes it.
FWIW I don't think she's victim-blaming here. She's not saying it's his own fault for being the target of a twitter-mob.

She's saying that Dawkins has so many followers that he can (deliberately or not) set off a counter-mob, e.g., when he tweets about the dangers of witch hunts and baying mobs, and the like. In other words, he should keep his opinion to himself so as not to incite his followers and fan-boys. Benson, with her measly 4k followers, is just punching up.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Gefan wrote:Dear Neo-Confederates (to clarify I am not addressing any particular poster here),

Your Pal,

Goofus
That's a fascinating reversal, and being a foreigner rather eye-opening. Is there really a lot of such animus on the two sides today? We hear from the hotheads but do ordinary people even think about that in the US? I mean to say, while class war is alive and well in the UK, none of it is leftover hatred between cavaliers and roundheads.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

I know many racists here in New York. None of them care about the south or the confederate flag. I can also easily imagine many southerners who like the confederate flag but who are also not racists. Anyway, I think that racism here in New York and other very urbanized placed is different than the racism found in the back woods of Georgia or somewhere like that.

As far as the confederate flag flying on government buildings...I don't care that much but IMO it should be removed. In general I don't think government buildings should be playing politics, they should be for doing politics. I'd even be for a no flag policy at all, save for state flags and american flags. No goofy flags, no religious symbols, no political statements, etc...seems simple enough.

YMMV.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

In light of the new information, I hereby retract my most recent haughty sneer at Oafie.

CuntajusRationality

ninjaed by Guest...

CuntajusRationality

Steersman's favorite website: http://www.rsdb.org/race/blacks

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Ophelia Benson @OpheliaBenson

@SCynic1 And yet Dawkins has 1.2 million followers to my 4k. He has rather more power to trigger a Twitter mob than I do.
Probably a good thing for you he doesn't publish article after article condemning you and accusing you of being a monster, sneak around conferences, hiding from a face to face encounter, then stalk you on twitter.
That would be creepy wouldn't it Ophie?

free thoughtpolice

CuntajusRationality wrote:Steersman's favorite website: http://www.rsdb.org/race/blacks
from the link:
Canadian Blacks Used as a masked replacement for 'Nigger.'
Haha Steersman is a Canadian. :P
Oh wait... so am I.

free thoughtpolice

That should have read:
Canadian (slur against) Blacks used as a masked replacement for nigger

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

The same complaint I've heard against the SJWs before applies to the flag issue. If you really care about an issue, you don't like to see it shit up & discredited by SJWs & their methods.

I live in a bit of a bubble & don't have a good feel for the wider political climate, but I think this would've gotten more traction a few years ago, or even last year. I have the impression that some mainstream types are getting tired of this sort of thing. Could be my limited perspective, though.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Here's a fun video where Michael Moore makes a complete asshole of himself.

[youtube]_I1-tc2eNNQ[/youtube]

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Scented Nectar wrote:Here's a fun video where Michael Moore makes a complete asshole of himself.

Trigger warning: Contains uncensored footage of Michael Moore - Graphic content, may not be suitable for minors.

(Naughty SN!)

:P

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Billie from Ockham wrote:

Your Pal,

Goofus
The idea that the "goobers" would win said war is too implausible for this thought experiment to succeed.
No way, Gooberland would have about 90 percent of the guns.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Scented Nectar wrote:Here's a fun video where Michael Moore makes a complete asshole of himself.

Around 6:20, Moore suggests that men lose their hair, their brains shrink and they die sooner because Mother Earth is trying to protect herself.

James Caruthers

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:
Steersman wrote: Don't see that there's any great necessity for me to do so - particularly with increasingly limited time. My point, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't or isn't that you don't have a right to your opinion - regardless of how wrong it might be. It was that I don't have to read it all, or even much of it, to realize that your opinion isn't particularly consistent with a great many others - philosophers, historians, etc., etc. - who seem to have a great deal more credibility than you do. Rather disingenuous or clueless - at best - for you and, apparently, CaptainFluffyBunny to ignore that argument.
Jesus wept.
"Opinion isn't consist" from a person that took one paper of the thousands on the word "nigger ", all of the condemning the word, and even that paper didn't support his position. Which is why the Capt has Steers on ignore. The Capt's increasingly little time and all.

James, Kirbmarc...maybe we should start a support group? 'cause I did it again.
His time is too valuable to read a book while calling my opinion on the book invalid. Then he argues from authority (that's a fallacy btw) and hand-waves his responsibility to inform himself on a subject prior to discussing it.

I'd just like to add, Steers, that I don't give a shit what anyone else has to say about Novum Organum unless they have read it. And them having read it and disagreed with me does not invalidate my opinion. I am happy to defend my opinion against all comers, provided they have themselves read the book. But I won't engage in that discussion with someone who hasn't read it.

Get cracking.

James Caruthers

jimthepleb wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:

Nope not true. The rise of racism in the UK (if it is real which is VERY questionable) is unrelated to any 'banning of holocaust denial' or suchlike. The swastika is not banned here, nor the confederate flag.
'Hate speech' is what was banned. A more nebulous term does not exist, especially as it is defined by the listener.
Ah. Perhaps I had been thinking of parts of Europe, not the UK. I was under the impression holocaust denial was a crime in some countries.

James Caruthers

[youtube]76mkhd7OWIs[/youtube]

Check out those likes.

I don't think confederate flags have any impact on this guy or his audience.

Post by Guest »

deLurch wrote:So it has been over a month since the Honey Badger Brigade kicked off their lawsuit fund.

feedthebadger.com/projects/honey-badger-brigade-legal-fund/

Anyone know where that stands? I know the wheels of legal battles are slow, but there were not even at the point of starting a lawsuit back then. And I can punish myself by viewing a few handfuls of people prattling on for hours on end about their navels.
There's good and bad on that front.

About a week or so ago, they announced they had found someone to represent them. That person is an aging, Jewish Canadian Civil Rights attorney, so that's good. He's been disbarred, so that's bad. Many lawyers consider his disbarment a shameful politically motivated act by Canada, so that's good. But after a long fight his attempt to counsel others as a paralegal was denied, so that's bad. On the other hand, due to all of that, he works pretty cheaply, so that's good.

Overall, good news then.

Apparently, since that announcement they found a non-disbarred lawyer who will represent them in court, with consultations by the other guy. So that may actually be good.

I learned this from ghazi, who were snickering about the badgers hiring disbarred lawyers, and didn't do any research to find that his disbarment may have been a politically motivated act and so end up looking as though the endorse political chicanery to keep civil rights lawyers from practicing law.

I learned this from ghazi and doing a bit of research on my own, assume I know shit and have it wrong as I learned it from shitheads who have most things wrong.

James Caruthers

debaser71 wrote:I know many racists here in New York. None of them care about the south or the confederate flag. I can also easily imagine many southerners who like the confederate flag but who are also not racists. Anyway, I think that racism here in New York and other very urbanized placed is different than the racism found in the back woods of Georgia or somewhere like that.

As far as the confederate flag flying on government buildings...I don't care that much but IMO it should be removed. In general I don't think government buildings should be playing politics, they should be for doing politics. I'd even be for a no flag policy at all, save for state flags and american flags. No goofy flags, no religious symbols, no political statements, etc...seems simple enough.

YMMV.
In my experience, real racists are far more educated* and witty*. Being that racism is so universally unacceptable in many places, racists cloak themselves in philosophical and political arguments and movements. The rise of volkisch, neo-paganism and ancestor worship in parts of Europe is very much tied to white supremacy.

*In a certain sense, as in they have read more and are not inbred hicks.

James Caruthers

Easy J wrote:The same complaint I've heard against the SJWs before applies to the flag issue. If you really care about an issue, you don't like to see it shit up & discredited by SJWs & their methods.

I live in a bit of a bubble & don't have a good feel for the wider political climate, but I think this would've gotten more traction a few years ago, or even last year. I have the impression that some mainstream types are getting tired of this sort of thing. Could be my limited perspective, though.
Exactly.

There is real racism to be fought against. It is not as simplistic as a fucking flag. It's a far more complicated issue and tackling it requires being willing to correct popular misconceptions and bullshit statistics thrown around by genuine racists.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

John Greg wrote:katamari damassi, summer colds are different from winter colds -- they're a different kind of viral thingy I think (Skep can confirm or rebut this, I hope).

Apparently, summer colds can last 2-3 times as long as winter colds, but appear to come and go, and so may appear to be more than one cold.
Sounds like it may be the kind of common knowledge that isn't, or isn't yet, bolstered by formal research. Or maybe just an opinion that's gotten air play - see below.

Google brings up this article: http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014241 ... 1292528468

But searching Pub Med (US National Library of Medicine database) doesn't readily bring up journal articles on the subject. There's lots about respiratory viruses, and seasonality, and rates of illness, and severity of illness, so I had to limit the search but tried several different search strategies & didn't turn anything useful on duration of symptoms. YMMV.

Going back to google & looking at a couple others on the same topic, it may be interesting to note that one name keeps popping up as a main source for health writers on this topic: Bruce Hirsch, an infectious disease doc in practice in NY. He has either been interviewed 1-2x/year 2011-2014 by journalists writing about summer colds, or info from 1 or a few interviews keeps getting recycled.

James Caruthers

Dammit lsuoma, you motherfucker, I haven't posted iron pill in months and you still have v olkisch censored. Now everyone thinks I'm calling homosexuals racist.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

James Caruthers wrote: Ah. Perhaps I had been thinking of parts of Europe, not the UK. I was under the impression holocaust denial was a crime in some countries.
Yeah, all the former European Axis banned it and many of the invaded countries. We won with a little help from some friends and a big bear so we got t o keep the flags.
Overt racism is much less common now than it was in the 1970's when we had visible neo-nazis on the streets and the National Front were a small but rising force.
Their descendants The British National Party are now essentially a joke party after infighting and the unseating of their leadership by radicals.
UKIP is their 'soft' descendant, a non radical conservative party with a tough stance on imigration but they are more libertarian than authoritarian. They procured a large protest vote at the laste general election but are also a joke party collapsing due to internecine battles and the ridicule of the media.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

James Caruthers wrote:[youtube]76mkhd7OWIs[/youtube]

Check out those likes.

I don't think confederate flags have any impact on this guy or his audience.
Oh, look who took time out of his busy day of kicking puppies.

x_?_x

Post by x_?_x »

Easy J wrote:The same complaint I've heard against the SJWs before applies to the flag issue. If you really care about an issue, you don't like to see it shit up & discredited by SJWs & their methods.

There's plenty of evidence that suggests you're right.

I believe the manufactured outrage stuff is coming to an end. What currently appears to be a "huge win" for progressives - getting rid of this powerful symbol of racial oppression - will shortly blow up.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Guest wrote:
deLurch wrote:So it has been over a month since the Honey Badger Brigade kicked off their lawsuit fund.

About a week or so ago, they announced they had found someone to represent them. That person is an aging, Jewish Canadian Civil Rights attorney, so that's good. He's been disbarred, so that's bad. Many lawyers consider his disbarment a shameful politically motivated act by Canada, so that's good. But after a long fight his attempt to counsel others as a paralegal was denied, so that's bad. On the other hand, due to all of that, he works pretty cheaply, so that's good.

Overall, good news then.

Apparently, since that announcement they found a non-disbarred lawyer who will represent them in court, with consultations by the other guy. So that may actually be good.

I learned this from ghazi, who were snickering about the badgers hiring disbarred lawyers, and didn't do any research to find that his disbarment may have been a politically motivated act and so end up looking as though the endorse political chicanery to keep civil rights lawyers from practicing law.

I learned this from ghazi and doing a bit of research on my own, assume I know shit and have it wrong as I learned it from shitheads who have most things wrong.
Well in all honesty, a disbarred lawyer isn't going to do you a whole hell of a lot of good in a court of law. Never represent yourself, not matter how smart and adept you think you are. In fact, the smarter you think you are, the better off you are hiring a to represent.

That said, the guy may have great insight and may be useful for consultation. I am glad they have someone for the court room.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Guest wrote:

Overall, good news then.

Well in all honesty, a disbarred lawyer isn't going to do you a whole hell of a lot of good in a court of law. Never represent yourself, not matter how smart and adept you think you are. In fact, the smarter you think you are, the better off you are hiring a to represent.

That said, the guy may have great insight and may be useful for consultation. I am glad they have someone for the court room.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

James Caruthers wrote:Dammit lsuoma, you motherfucker, I haven't posted iron pill in months and you still have v olkisch censored. Now everyone thinks I'm calling homosexuals racist.
It is censored? Let me test:

volkisch

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Ha. I wonder what brought that about.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Lsuoma is the volkischist person I know.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Dammit.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

screwtape wrote:
That's a fascinating reversal, and being a foreigner rather eye-opening. Is there really a lot of such animus on the two sides today? We hear from the hotheads but do ordinary people even think about that in the US? I mean to say, while class war is alive and well in the UK, none of it is leftover hatred between cavaliers and roundheads.
I live in New York, and it's pretty common to roll one's eyes when any part of the bible belt is mentioned. There's no love lost. I got shit-faced on election night once and called a red state friend of my father's a motherfucker. That's really the extent of the violence I see, drunken angry rhetoric. The chances that we'd ever actually go to war is nil (the secessionists have a different opinion, of course).

James Caruthers

deLurch wrote:Ha. I wonder what brought that about.
It happened during the v olkisch meming a long time ago but was never fixed. Now I have a serious point about racism and the revival of pagan movements however. :lol:

Also, RIDE THE TIGER BRAH.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

James Caruthers wrote:The rise of gay, neo-paganism and ancestor worship in parts of Europe is very much tied to white supremacy.
:lol:

Post by Guest »

deLurch wrote:
Guest wrote:

Overall, good news then.

Oh, I think choosing disbarred civil rights guy doesn't say much for their case or their wisdom, so on that point, I tend to agree with ghazi, it seems like evolution in action.

But ghazi's tone was like "see their champion, their hero? he's was run over by a truck and is in a wheelchair, that's their hero! ha ha ha".

In the course of things it seems the disrespect and harm to Canadian Speech to the Badgers is trivial in comparison to the way some folks think the disbarred guy was treated by Canadian Courts. So laughing at him if you're a social justice warrior seems to miss the point.

Billie from Ockham

debaser71 wrote:I know many racists here in New York. None of them care about the south or the confederate flag. I can also easily imagine many southerners who like the confederate flag but who are also not racists. Anyway, I think that racism here in New York and other very urbanized placed is different than the racism found in the back woods of Georgia or somewhere like that.
Agreed 100%. The type of racism you get from north-eastern liberal whites is almost completely the opposite from the racism you get from southern "red-necks." Not sure which is worse. The former is subtle and deep, and probably has a more wide-spread effect. But the latter can lead to the occasional death.