Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
DaveDodo007

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by DaveDodo007 »

DaveDodo007 wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:As an aside..if one or more of you involved with Gamer Gate would be willing to give my eldest some advice to be an activist? She's started to learn about what is happening, and is pretty furious about it. I am only on the periphery, and don't have the spoons to get more involved atm. If you let me know, I'll PM you her email. Thanks.
KotakuinAction on Reddit is the best place to start.
Should have linked it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/

They cover all the activities and post the latest news, they also organize emails to sponsors and advertisers etc.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

comhcinc wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:As an aside..if one or more of you involved with Gamer Gate would be willing to give my eldest some advice to be an activist? She's started to learn about what is happening, and is pretty furious about it. I am only on the periphery, and don't have the spoons to get more involved atm. If you let me know, I'll PM you her email. Thanks.
KotakuinAction on Reddit is the best place to start.

Not at the moment. Reddit is down. We killed it talking about wrestling.
This is the backup just in case Reddit bans the subforum.

https://voat.co/v/KotakuInAction

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

If I was her parent, I would tell her to stay out of it. There are some pretty nasty anti-gamergators out there. Randi Harper is a good example. Not to mention one accused of being an incest interested, phedophile who is also into beastiality.

There is apparently no limit to what they will not do. Swatting, Doxing, calling employers, threats, etc. etc. At least one bomb threat (not sure if it was a 3rd party troll or not) at a public gathering in Washington DC.

Otherwise, I suggest reading KotakuInAction before making any decision(s) oh how much she wants to get involved and to what extent.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Andrew V69: Remember discussing members of Islamic Awakening and Ummah.com members going full jihad?
Here's a recent one from Ummah.com:
http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.p ... rum-member

acathode

Post by acathode »

DaveDodo007 wrote:Should have linked it.

They cover all the activities and post the latest news, they also organize emails to sponsors and advertisers etc.
Unfortunately, they don't anymore since Reddit admins threatened to ban the whole subreddit. The admins claimed that posting the email-addresses to companies customer service where the same thing as instigating witch-hunts (which is against Reddit's global rules)...

The whole thing was obvious bullshit, as the admins are fine and even approve of other subs that do the same exact same thing - but since KiAs campaigns were actually very successful, and were having an actual economic impact on several companies, it had to go no matter what, since the Reddit top brass, including the admins, lean quite heavily SJW, and they are also currently are very busy trying to tidy Reddit up to make it appealing to companies...

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Andrew V69: Remember discussing members of Islamic Awakening and Ummah.com members going full jihad?
Indications are the member was the man responsible for this headline from Reuters Gunman kills 39 at Tunisian beachside hotel, Islamic State claims attack
A security source named him as Saifeddine Rezgui, a 23-year-old electrical engineering student.
But I would need confirmation to be completely certain. Anyway, the comments are typical of what I would expect to see on the now defunct IA. Eventually I stopped reading & posting at IA for pretty much the same reason I gave up on Stormfront.

dogen

Post by dogen »

EdwardGemmer wrote:This Timothy Hunt thing is ridiculous. Maybe he said something insensitive although maybe he was joking around? Who gives two fucks? This is example part 9 million where SJW's get all upset about meaningless social faux pas to the detriment of their actual states cause. Having more women in science is a good goal. How does attacking this poor sap advance that goal in any way?

Would this event make you more or less likely to want to put time and effort into advancing the cause of women in science?
More for some, less for others. For those women in my science field who have taken part in the witch hunt, I'll not lift a finger to help their careers. I'll instead spend my effort and resources on other women.

(As an aside: I'm beginning to notice a correlation in the scientists I know between being an SJW on the one hand, and being flaky at science on the other. It's almost as if they realize they can't get by on their science alone, and have to resort to other means to stay in the game. This applies equally well to men as women).

free thoughtpolice

AndrewV69 wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Andrew V69: Remember discussing members of Islamic Awakening and Ummah.com members going full jihad?
Indications are the member was the man responsible for this headline from Reuters Gunman kills 39 at Tunisian beachside hotel, Islamic State claims attack
A security source named him as Saifeddine Rezgui, a 23-year-old electrical engineering student.
But I would need confirmation to be completely certain. Anyway, the comments are typical of what I would expect to see on the now defunct IA. Eventually I stopped reading & posting at IA for pretty much the same reason I gave up on Stormfront.
Actually IA is back up now.
Also of some interest is this thread about the attack,originally titled 28 Dead- Happy Ramadhan:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... omber.html

free thoughtpolice

Sorry, wrong link, should be this one:
http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.p ... d-in-Tunis

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Goddammit why do you link to this crap? I don't want to end up on an NSA list. Really good read tho!

Also check this out.

free thoughtpolice

Parody Accountant wrote:

Goddammit why do you link to this crap? I don't want to end up on an NSA list. Really good read tho!

Also check this out.
Now that is terrorism! There was a link to a Nickelback video in there. :drool:

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Parody Accountant wrote:
Pretty good trolling.

James Caruthers

AndrewV69 wrote:
James Caruthers wrote: I hate fundamentalist Islam. Wahabism or whatever it is. But there is no reason to persecute Sufis for the crimes of ISIS.
No shit, especially as I would be very surprised if a Sufi (or Ismali etc. etc.) ever engaged in something like that.
Yeah, but ol' Steerzo is definitely conflating all sects of Islam with his piss test and other stupid statements. I doubt a Sufi would piss on the Koran, even if that's only a metaphor for some other task against his/her religious beliefs.

Sufism is definitely interesting and would be appealing to me if I wasn't an atheist. Same for zen buddhism really.

James Caruthers

EdwardGemmer wrote:This Timothy Hunt thing is ridiculous. Maybe he said something insensitive although maybe he was joking around? Who gives two fucks? This is example part 9 million where SJW's get all upset about meaningless social faux pas to the detriment of their actual states cause. Having more women in science is a good goal. How does attacking this poor sap advance that goal in any way?

Would this event make you more or less likely to want to put time and effort into advancing the cause of women in science?
Yep.

I've got some pretty good material from my infiltration. They jumped on the Tim Hunt thing crowing about him being fired and then when it came out he was kidding, they were all "oh, well shit, um..." :lol:

James Caruthers

Bhurzum wrote:Sorry, I can't resist it...

[youtube]Z9iZ-AzRDJs[/youtube]
Again, I've seen the same reaction from the SJW's on youtube. It's pretty disgusting. TYT are bottom-feeding scum, the same as most news pundits.

At the same time, I don't in any way want to downplay that the shooter was a racist piece of shit. This is one of those shootings that actually does fit the narrative of a white supremacist attacking innocent black people. I think the shooting has been very revealing in many ways, because the types of people who defend this kid or attempt to excuse his behavior tend to expose their own racial bias, if not outright membership in some online white supremacist community.

That last sentence was maybe a bit confusing. What I mean is that a lot of secret nazis are tipping their hands over this shooting.

Post by Guest »

James Caruthers wrote:

Yep.

I've got some pretty good material from my infiltration. They jumped on the Tim Hunt thing crowing about him being fired and then when it came out he was kidding, they were all "oh, well shit, um..." :lol:
Oh, you need social justice warriors more attuned to what's what.

blogs.plos.org/absolutely-maybe/2015/06/22/just-joking-sexist-talk-in-science/

That it was a joke is just as bad as if he were serious.
Jokes alter the minds of sexists.
Jokes diminish their victims.
It really doesn't matter that he was joking.

Makes me wonder what these folks think of violent, sexist video games.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

dogen wrote:More for some, less for others. For those women in my science field who have taken part in the witch hunt, I'll not lift a finger to help their careers. I'll instead spend my effort and resources on other women.
I am in the middle of doing exactly that. In the past, I have gone out of my way to be helpful and supportive of a certain female asst prof. But when she started going on about "1 in 4" and wanted to insert politics and lousy data into courses that have nothing to do with rapes on campus, I simply stopped what I was doing and switched my efforts to someone else (also female). I did not tell anyone what or why, just as I never told anyone what I was doing before. I also ramped from one to the other over a six-month period, so nobody would notice and ask.

Think globally; act locally.

And always remember: kittens are evil.

Couch

Post by Couch »

Sunder wrote:Oh hey, I actually know the place where that impact occurred.

Small world.
Given you were filming slash commentating, we'd rather assumed you knew the location. :rimshot:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Actually IA is back up now.
Also of some interest is this thread about the attack,originally titled 28 Dead- Happy Ramadhan:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... omber.html
Just after I hit enter, I realized I should have said occasionally read vs stopped reading. Anyway, I am not sure I should be thanking you about telling me that IA is back up.

Anyway, not sure if I should thank you for telling me that IA is back up. I checked, it is, and my loging ID and password still work. Now I am tempted to start reading again.

free thoughtpolice

The "Die Patriarchal Scum" one is OK because they are just cutting off dudebro's penises off and throwing them in the garbage disposal.
You know, punching up!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Sorry, wrong link, should be this one:
http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.p ... d-in-Tunis
Interesting, in this thread some are condemning the attack where in the previous one you showed me the focus was to "not speak ill of the dead".

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

==> Social Media Warriors <==

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:

Also check this out.
Meanwhile, back at Ummah
Quote Originally Posted by Usernamed View Post
Jzk Br AbuMubarak for updating the info
you almost got banned for that happy ramadan remark
And then I see he got banned (account disabled) anyway. Some people are so serious and touchy. :o

free thoughtpolice

AndrewV69 wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:

Also check this out.
Meanwhile, back at Ummah
Quote Originally Posted by Usernamed View Post
Jzk Br AbuMubarak for updating the info
you almost got banned for that happy ramadan remark
And then I see he got banned (account disabled) anyway. Some people are so serious and touchy. :o
Abu Mubarak is really a piece of work. He's more ban happy than Peezus and would probably fit in at both IS and Atheism plus.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Service Dog wrote:

:dance: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

:dance: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap:
That was meant for your YT link, which I now see is in your sig, and which I think I have commented on before.

Alcohol sure is a sneaky little memory thief.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

http://i.imgur.com/KoNPh6k.png

Okay, which one of you fuckers has been signing Nerd up for spam?

Because there is no way he is receiving this shit due to the ludicrous amount of advertising which loads on Meyers's blog.

No. No way. Just imagine such a thing: Meyers's blog subjecting its readers to the kind of malicious advertising which deposits trackers and sends unwanted emails? Pah! Ridiculous! Meyers has promised many times that FfTB is determined not to do business with companies that do this, and the word of PZ Meyers is infallibe IMHO.

Cunt.

Meyers.

Meyers is a cunt, so is Nerd.

Cunts.

See how clever I am, using a verboten word.

Cunts.

Stupid. Ignorant. Clueless. Idiots. Cunts.

Cunts.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

If my count is correct, Ophie, who never gets obsessed over anything and likes to frequently accuse the Pit of being obsessed about this-and-that, has now passed 20 posts directly or tangentially focussed on the Tim Hunt fiasco. In 3 days.

Ophie, you are a gift of comedy to the Pit.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

That was meant for your YT link, which I now see is in your sig, and which I think I have commented on before.
Yeah... as I recall, this was your jam...
[youtube]UGGVy4RkUs0[/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

John Greg wrote:If my count is correct, Ophie, who never gets obsessed over anything and likes to frequently accuse the Pit of being obsessed about this-and-that, has now passed 20 posts directly or tangentially focussed on the Tim Hunt fiasco. In 3 days.

Tim Hunt, Richard Dawkins; she hates them because she feels spurned. She should have the company of these young bucks-she is truly a cougar that has been deprived of her prey.
Cruel fate and the inattention of males has reduced to her to the faghag route of hanging with Josh Spokesgay and has made her bitter. :cry:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Service Dog wrote:
Yeah... as I recall, this was your jam...
[youtube]UGGVy4RkUs0[/youtube]
Damn fucking straight it was. This album, and Maggot Brain...fuck me, funk perfection.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Tonight on Dave Mustaine presents: Steersman deports the Muslims

[youtube]KBtYOI8U3Cc[/youtube]

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

They are fucking nuts, celebrating a murderer.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

John Greg wrote:If my count is correct, Ophie, who never gets obsessed over anything and likes to frequently accuse the Pit of being obsessed about this-and-that, has now passed 20 posts directly or tangentially focussed on the Tim Hunt fiasco. In 3 days.

As a dedicated follower of Nerd, I have to say that Opheliar takes this shit way beyond what even I consider to be healthy. I don't get money for chasing down Nerd's idiocy, it's just a bit of fun. I know this shit is one of The Oaf's income streams, but still...damn, this shorty be like a dog wit a bone. Or, to be down wit da SJW, maybe I should say she be like a mosquito who has just discovered Stephen Hawking. Free food with no effort and no danger of being moved on. Mosquito squatters.

I think that's a cool metaphor, which may be wasted on Oafie by me being wasted. It should be explored further...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

KiwiInOz wrote:
They are fucking nuts, celebrating a murderer.
From the linked thread, somebody says he was shot in a robbery. He was working there, not robbing. Some commenters speculated he was the Tunisian terrorist, but nothing was confirmed.

Anyway, why the fuck do we get irrelevant links to islamist shit forums here?

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

I wish Anal Cunt were still with us, because they were /btards back before that was even a thing, and I feel like Seth Putnam would be the ultimate guy to creatively tell the SJWs to go fuck themselves. Also, Frank Zappa. Why do all the good ones die young? :(

[youtube]k0AbbYx4BDs[/youtube]

[youtube]0k_zTp1gjlw[/youtube]

[youtube]D5eFk5x0o44[/youtube]

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Guest wrote: Oh, you need social justice warriors more attuned to what's what.

blogs.plos.org/absolutely-maybe/2015/06/22/just-joking-sexist-talk-in-science/

That it was a joke is just as bad as if he were serious.
Jokes alter the minds of sexists.
Jokes diminish their victims.
It really doesn't matter that he was joking.

The study they always trot out really annoys. Or rather, not the study itself, but how they think they're making use of it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15121541

So sexist (racist) humor can make already highly prejudiced people express sexism (racism) more frequently, supposedly it works to "normalize" sexism or racism. I have no objection to this on its face; however at the outset, they seek to use it to curb speech because of how others might interpret/misinterpret it, which is a "problematic" precedent to say the least. Second, it can be used to suppress even innocuous, silly and stupid sexist humor, "benign" sexism, which I think is a thing. There's no line demarcating what is and isn't acceptable. So when I attended a biology class and the instructor (a woman, if it's relevant) asked "can we tell the difference between male and female sperm?" and I said "female sperm ask for directions" this was sexist and supposedly damaging. I should have been punished. Instead the entire class (mostly women) had a hearty laugh.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Hunt wrote:this was sexist and supposedly damaging. I should have been punished. Instead the entire class (mostly women) had a hearty laugh.
It was neither sexist nor damaging. It was playing on a stereotype, and stereotypes are a huge part of comedy, as long as one understands stereotypes are bullshit and should be made fun of, not taken seriously.

If someone thought the joke was sexist or damaging, I'd argue they're the one having a problem and taking stereotypes way too seriously, to the point of wondering if said person thinks deep inside that the stereotype is a reflection of the truth and not some bullshit used for fun.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

This type of shit damages feminism massively, which is why I find it so baffling that feminists seem to think it's the way to progress. This, harassing astrophysicists with girly shirts, it all sows dissent, creates bad feelings, perhaps even simmering hatred. As Ophelia might say, I'll never understand it, understand it I never will.

Is Ophelia really Yoda?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Hunt wrote:
Is Ophelia really Yoda?
Well, there are a few similarities... :whistle:

James Caruthers

Hunt wrote:

This type of shit damages feminism massively, which is why I find it so baffling that feminists seem to think it's the way to progress. This, harassing astrophysicists with girly shirts, it all sows dissent, creates bad feelings, perhaps even simmering hatred. As Ophelia might say, I'll never understand it, understand it I never will.

Is Ophelia really Yoda?
Your username is Hunt, though.

OMG doxxed!

But no, I agree. And I've been infiltrating SJWs long enough to find more than a few who also agree. Even among SJWs, there are people who get really fucking sick of witch hunts over trivial nonsense like a t-shirt or a joke.

Couch

Post by Couch »

James Caruthers wrote:
Gefan wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: ...But James' argument isn't that hatred of Islam is equivalent to hatred of black people. James (and I, incidentally) are arguing not against criticism and mockery of Islam, but against the illiberal principle of "collective guilt"...
Just so I understand this "collective guilt" concept, does it mean I get to blame all of you still engaging Steersman for Phil's broken scrolling finger, and for me having every morning resemble "Groundhog Day" where the role of Punxsutawney Phil is played by a rogue AI that has been exposed to too much Pat Condell?
[youtube]HMuLbW-DidY[/youtube]

I just doxxed Steersman with Gibblet's help.
If I followed this clown's advice I'd have no IT/IS department. I hope he doesn't go hatin' on The Asian too, or that our entire accounting and tax teams done for!

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

debaser71 wrote: That makes sense but outside the gaming circle (which to me seems like everyone I know personally) what the mainstream media says about gamergate is just taken as fact. This all plays into the larger issue that liberals seem to always be falling to recently, "the war on women". From STEM to games to atheism to salary to bodily autonomy to street harassment to manspreading...there's a war on women don'tchaknow! In this respect, to me, GG fails. GG is just more proof of misogyny in our culture! I guess it could be worse and I suppose I am glad it isn't but I was never worried. Maybe I should have been?
I've been demonized since the seventies, for being nerdy/geeky, for being smart, for reading a lot, for liking comics, war-games and role-playing games, now it's video and free speech. The mainstream media can fuck itself. We've beaten BADD, Jack Thomspn, Lieberman, others too numerous to mention. We'll beat this parasitical infection, and if most people don't understand it, or think poorly, screw them. I'm a progressive atheist in Texas. The majority of people, the ones who get ideas from mainstream media, haven't been an issue. The whole idea of "get to know an X", where X could be anything from homosexual to atheist to anything at all, applies. A few morons will listen and believe, but the majority of people know gamers - far more of them than atheists or gays. Odds are, if they don't play, their kids do, or their friends, or other relatives. That will counter anything the loons in journalism or politics try to do. Besides, this is the mainstream media that reported Elfwick seriously. Twice.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

AndrewV69 wrote:Favorable coverage by the main stream media was never on the table. Seriously, corrupt media is going to report that they are corrupt? What are you smoking?

#GamerGate Wins include conflict of interest statements now appearing in articles that were never seen before. FTC scrutiny concerning affiliate disclosures have resulted in more disclosures on offending sites.

Gawker by their own admission have lost seven figures (their words) in advertising revenue due to the email campaign to advertisers.
Shitty 3rd rate sites like Gawker of course were full of shit & found their scape goat, despite the damage that it did to itself. They were one step above blogging since they had incorporated.

But is it really corruption that is the problem with the gamergate reporting in Main Stream Media? OK. I can understand, maybe a gaming journalist might be reticent to go slinging after his peers. And maybe some maybe some media might not want to admit that they take money for favorable gaming reviews.

But what about media that does not have game reporting? They are not getting a pay off for their reporting. They are not necessarily friends with these 3rd tier nut cases.

What does that leave us with? Reporting popular biases? Reporting personal biases? Failure to fact check? Failure to interview other sides to the story? Trying to make a story fit their preconceived notions?

Honestly, I think what we have here is shitty journalism. It is a small fluff story they can shit out in a day or less that no one of any status or power will question. They want to fill the news room with a lot of intriguing stories without a lot of effort. Hell, one main stream media journalist stated that she couldn't do a follow story that might have a counter narrative. It would be unpopular even if true. They have to make their news group look good. And you can't look good if you piss off the feminists. Maybe they are just chicken shit.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

acathode wrote:

Unfortunately, they don't anymore since Reddit admins threatened to ban the whole subreddit. The admins claimed that posting the email-addresses to companies customer service where the same thing as instigating witch-hunts (which is against Reddit's global rules)...

The whole thing was obvious bullshit, as the admins are fine and even approve of other subs that do the same exact same thing - but since KiAs campaigns were actually very successful, and were having an actual economic impact on several companies, it had to go no matter what, since the Reddit top brass, including the admins, lean quite heavily SJW, and they are also currently are very busy trying to tidy Reddit up to make it appealing to companies...
A few on twitter have done lists like that, @TheIvyClover1 used to post everyday advertisers to email, etc. @lizzyf620 and @shoe0nhead are two others who post informative pieces. @TheRalphRetort has some pretty interesting reading (and apparently does some kind of wrestling writing as well). I mostly am able to mostly just "spread the word" and retweet things for visibility. Following Ian Miles Cheong (an anti-gg who has come around to the dark side - @stillgray) has been informative. Still a bit cautious about his conversion, but he seems on the level. There are others who get retweeted a lot, but they put out a lot on twitter somehow. The Deepfreeze site (someone posted it above, IIRC) is another interesting place to start for information on the ethical problems. I haven't really gone there myself, so I can't judge the accuracy of it, though.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Sounds like that may pass up her other obsessions and move into number one. Has anyone kept score? Maybe she heard "oppression olympics" and thought it was 'obsession", and wants to win?

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Hunt wrote:
Is Ophelia really Yoda?
Well, there are a few similarities... :whistle:
Yoda isn't that old....

feathers

Post by feathers »

James Caruthers wrote:I do not buy the notion that we are at perpetual war and this should allow the United States or anyone else to impose special laws to violate the human rights of some but not others anyone.
Fixed.

James Caruthers

acathode wrote:

"First they came for FatPeopleHate, and my name was not James Caruthers, so I did nothing..." :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

8chan has welcomed Plebbit with open arms, so it's only a matter of time because 8chan succumbs to the social justice virus as well.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Hunt wrote:So sexist (racist) humor can make already highly prejudiced people express sexism (racism) more frequently, supposedly it works to "normalize" sexism or racism. I have no objection to this on its face; however at the outset, they seek to use it to curb speech because of how others might interpret/misinterpret it, which is a "problematic" precedent to say the least. Second, it can be used to suppress even innocuous, silly and stupid sexist humor, "benign" sexism, which I think is a thing. There's no line demarcating what is and isn't acceptable. So when I attended a biology class and the instructor (a woman, if it's relevant) asked "can we tell the difference between male and female sperm?" and I said "female sperm ask for directions" this was sexist and supposedly damaging. I should have been punished. Instead the entire class (mostly women) had a hearty laugh.
Years ago, around the start of A Voice For Men, but before I knew about it, I remember coming across this Paul Elam video:
[youtube]9K6owAjIFP0[/youtube]

At the time, the story he tells in the first 3 minutes seemed very believable to me. (These days I wonder how true his story is.)

For me, it's always been the double standards that annoy me the most. My sister is mildly SJW leaning (although I don't think she'll tip over now). I remember one day she was trying to convince me how there were no meaningful differences between men and women. Then we arrived at her house, and I said she may as well carry the heavy bags inside, since there was no difference between us. She got my point, after giving me a dirty look.

Billy The Hillbilly

Post by Billy The Hillbilly »

Billy's Granma hada sayin:

Treat the aged & infirm witta special respect.

Poor ol' Mrs. Benson must be'a 80, or 85 years old. She don't need no hasslin' from that sonovagun Oolon. If Billy's Granma were alive today she'd whup this Oolon feller 'round the ears.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Keating wrote:For me, it's always been the double standards that annoy me the most. My sister is mildly SJW leaning (although I don't think she'll tip over now). I remember one day she was trying to convince me how there were no meaningful differences between men and women. Then we arrived at her house, and I said she may as well carry the heavy bags inside, since there was no difference between us. She got my point, after giving me a dirty look.
The way plastic carrier bags (full of tinned goods) dig into your flesh is a social construct.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

James Caruthers wrote:
Hunt wrote:

Is Ophelia really Yoda?
Your username is Hunt, though.

OMG doxxed!

But no, I agree. And I've been infiltrating SJWs long enough to find more than a few who also agree. Even among SJWs, there are people who get really fucking sick of witch hunts over trivial nonsense like a t-shirt or a joke.
Most people I know in real life are pretty sick of the whole media circus. People with a job are sick of the fact that you can lose a job for a shirt or a joke. Academics are sick of the fact that every opinion they express (even just to play the Devil's advocate) has to be carefully worded not to offend the hordes of easily offended. People who are interested in local or even international politics are sick that there's too much focus on petty bullshit about "offended feelings/undue "appropriation" of cultures/easy but ineffective outrage" instead of real economical, political and social issues.

The bulk of those SJWs witch hunts is made of unemployed/underemployed people in their early twenties or students of humanities (especially gender studies, queer studies, etc.). The leaders of the SJW witch hunts are the usual suspects: people like Jessica Valenti, Amanda Marcotte or Melissa McEwan whose shtick is to write clickbait for the sake of clickbait and make it as vile as possible to attract more controversy and more clicks.

Charles MacGruder

Post by Charles MacGruder »

I don't disagree with Ra here. Just that from certain perspectives of "isms" and applying them consistently, this looks extremely classist:

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Parody Accountant wrote:
The slymepit are literally nazis and are solely responsible for climate change. And they invented plastic bags, electronic waste, and Keurig cups.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Charles MacGruder wrote:I don't disagree with Ra here. Just that from certain perspectives of "isms" and applying them consistently, this looks extremely classist:
Everything about Aron Ra... from his kewl nym to his kewl facial hair & fashion... to his Wayne's World public access show... to his pedantic way of talking... to this poseur gesture with a flag...

Indicates he is a precious teenage rebel trapped in Herman Munster's body. Trans*d00d.

His pronouns are I, me, & me me me.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Charles MacGruder wrote:I don't disagree with Ra here. Just that from certain perspectives of "isms" and applying them consistently, this looks extremely classist:
Everything about Aron Ra... from his kewl nym to his kewl facial hair & fashion... to his Wayne's World public access show... to his pedantic way of talking... to this poseur gesture with a flag...

Indicates he is a precious teenage rebel trapped in Herman Munster's body. Trans*d00d.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

There are 3 ways you can tell when I'm posting from my phone...