Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Re: How 'bout them Hawks!?

Post by HunnyBunny »

Alex Gabriel has been quiet of late, but he's surfaced and make a complete arse of himself.

He has pissed off a BBC producer and a screenwriter from Dr Who, by characterising a scene from a new drama centred on a gay couple as rape - because alcohol and consent.

The video is here - scene of interest starts around 38.30, when 2 older gay guys have picked up a homeless person, and are now back at their place.

[youtube]xpB35xSY838[/youtube]

The producer got stuck into the comments of Gabriel's original post, with a typical grown-up response from young Alex

http://freethoughtblogs.com/godlessness ... 1/0001.png

I watched the video and there may be a vague unequal consent issue, but the drunk / druggie guy sure acts like he knows what he's doing and is very keen. Gabriel claims the younger guy is semi-conscious when he lies down on the bed. But just before the camera cuts away, the guy looks like he is just settling down and getting comfortable on the bed with his eyes open.

Gabriel has done the usual SJW something out of nothing hijack, but hey, it got him noticed and he stroking his ego up a storm. Click bait for the thinking man's hipster.

The conversation continued on twitter, ending up with Guy Lambert blocking Alex. For which Gabriel claims the moral high-ground at the end of his second hit piece. If being an immature troll is the high-ground.
1st bitch post archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150127140 ... hip-abuse/

2nd post archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150127133 ... -cucumber/

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

BarnOwl wrote:
Shatterface as Guest wrote:
Does anyone outside the UK know the fuck what we are talking about?

I've seen countless references to distinctly British cultural icons like Doctor Who in US shows but I've never seen a reference to Carry On, an essential part of our cultural heritage.

Does Carry On travel?

Shatterface
[USAian] I only know about them from living in the UK for 3 years, but I can't say that I really "get" them. I love a lot of British humor, but I'm just "meh" about the Carry On films.

I never learned to like Ribena either, so I might be a hopeless case. [/USAian]
I think the key point about Carry On films is they are supposed to be terrible. They were done on a cheap budget with a terrible script with the most obvious bad jokes someone could think up. Playing 'spot the worst joke' may help you make more sense of them. Some are so bad they end up being funny. Pantomime is similar and it does seem to be a uniquely British thing though.

Jesper

Post by Jesper »

Welcome back to the machine.

You're all thoroughly fucked. NEO :twisted:

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

[youtube]eIpkNVL1JNQ[/youtube]

twocunts

Post by twocunts »

Can someone who is part of the in-crowd, the backchannel, the hep cats, whatever... please explain why I need to 'Beware the Bite of the Bum Snake!'?

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

HunnyBunny wrote:The conversation continued on twitter, ending up with Guy Lambert blocking Alex. For which Gabriel claims the moral high-ground at the end of his second hit piece. If being an immature troll is the high-ground.

I watched it and in SJW terms it is rape. The young guy's so pissed he takes a swing at some cops while stark naked.

This is why SJW are in such a mess: they assume that any such 'rape' will be conducted by cis white hetero men; they don't appreciate that gay men drink too.

And the middle-aged man who actually has sex with the young man is black - again, not something SJW consider because they think all 'rape' - in the sense they use it - is committed by cis white hetero dudes.

If you watched the show you'll also notice the word 'cunt' is used in the British, non-gendered sense, because it is directed at men.

Russell T Davies hasn't shied away from the 'non-PC' side of gay culture: Queer as Folk had a fifteen year old schoolboy rimmed by a much older gay guy in its opening episode.

Also, try applying the Bechdel test to Cucumber or Banana.

Shatterface

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

twocunts wrote:Can someone who is part of the in-crowd, the backchannel, the hep cats, whatever... please explain why I need to 'Beware the Bite of the Bum Snake!'?
It's very much a backchannel thing - I have a colonoscopy scheduled for 90 minutes from now.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

So I see Benny Cumberbatch is presently under fire for using the term 'coloured' to denote non-white folk.

Just think - if he wasn't such a racist, he'd have used the term 'people of colour' instead.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D wrote:Have I ever told youall how much I love Pinker? Well.. yeah... I do. Here, he once again shakes the tree so we can see the apples of wisdom drop.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2015 ... story.html
Meanwhile, in the UK:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-30998896

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

twocunts wrote:Can someone who is part of the in-crowd, the backchannel, the hep cats, whatever... please explain why I need to 'Beware the Bite of the Bum Snake!'?
Our glorious fascist tit is getting a colonoscopy today, that would be my guess. Hoping it goes well for him.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Thoroughly ninja'd

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

HunnyBunny wrote:The conversation continued on twitter, ending up with Guy Lambert blocking Alex. For which Gabriel claims the moral high-ground at the end of his second hit piece. If being an immature troll is the high-ground.

I watched it and in SJW terms it is rape. The young guy's so pissed he takes a swing at some cops while stark naked.

This is why SJW are in such a mess: they assume that any such 'rape' will be conducted by cis white hetero men; they don't appreciate that gay men drink too.

And the middle-aged man who actually has sex with the young man is black - again, not something SJW consider because they think all 'rape' - in the sense they use it - is committed by cis white hetero dudes.

If you watched the show you'll also notice the word 'cunt' is used in the British, non-gendered sense, because it is directed at men.

Russell T Davies hasn't shied away from the 'non-PC' side of gay culture: Queer as Folk had a fifteen year old schoolboy rimmed by a much older gay guy in its opening episode.

Shatterface
but as Guy Lambert points out, no sexual intercourse takes place. Not only is Gabriel assuming it is rape simply because the guy is wasted, he's assuming that any sex act took place that could be classified as rape. For all the audience knows, the 2 chaps left in the house lay on the bed naked and nothing happened. Is it still endorsing / normalising rape culture if you never see any act taking place? Is being drunk in the company of a person to whom you might be sexually attracted now enough to make that a rape situation which must therefore be strongly condemned in every arena of culture and media?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

papillon wrote:http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu11 ... negdhf.png

I'm wondering if the 'meta' bit is like some kind of tic he's aquired

His greetings cards must be a real hoot:

[meta]
To my darling wife, happy valentines day..

[OT]
Did you manage to pick up my Ritalin?
Evidently she forgot to go to the pharmacy. I'm at a loss to explain such intellectual disorganisation any other way.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Lsuoma wrote:
It's very much a backchannel thing - I have a colonoscopy scheduled for 90 minutes from now.
After the "Zvan eating bum cigars" shoop, the mental image of bum snakes do nothing.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Strayling, bears aren't people either! They just want to steal our bicycles!
Saying bears aren't people is species essentialism, shitlord.

Check your hairless privilege.

Shatterface
Sadly not true. The last time I took my shirt off in the woods, I was chased by bigfoot hunters for hours.

Shatterface as Guest

HunnyBunny wrote:

Shatterface
but as Guy Lambert points out, no sexual intercourse takes place. Not only is Gabriel assuming it is rape simply because the guy is wasted, he's assuming that any sex act took place that could be classified as rape. For all the audience knows, the 2 chaps left in the house lay on the bed naked and nothing happened. Is it still endorsing / normalising rape culture if you never see any act taking place? Is being drunk in the company of a person to whom you might be sexually attracted now enough to make that a rape situation which must therefore be strongly condemned in every arena of culture and media?
I'm not saying it's rape, I'm saying in SJW terms it's rape. The black guy blocks the door with a table, his white boyfriend looks through the gap with a shocked expression, he storms out of the house and comes back with the police some time later and both the black guy and the young guy are awake and naked.

It would be quite a bizarre reading of this to assume sex did not occur: at the very least we saw the black guy with his hands down the other guys underpants.

Look, I enjoyed the show but (or because) it tramples all over SJW sexual politics. I think that's a good thing. Who the hell would watch a programme about the kind of gay people that exist only in the heads of SJ warriors?

Shatterface

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Which is why it is best to ignore fuckwits like Alex Gabriel, as it makes their beliefs appear legitimate. Same reason not to engage creationists.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

BarnOwl wrote:

I've seen countless references to distinctly British cultural icons like Doctor Who in US shows but I've never seen a reference to Carry On, an essential part of our cultural heritage.

Does Carry On travel?

Shatterface
[USAian] I only know about them from living in the UK for 3 years, but I can't say that I really "get" them. I love a lot of British humor, but I'm just "meh" about the Carry On films.

There may be hope for you, yet. Ribena made with boiling water as a drink on a cold, snowy day (or, alternatively, any average winter day in a British household with no central heating—my father used to pour salt down the bathroom sink last thing at night so it wouldn't freeze solid and stop him shaving the next morning with his WW2 army-issue razor) is quite comforting. Otherwise go for the rum-and-black, which was popular with the girls in the late sixties, after the port-and-lemon era, and just before the vodka-and-lime era. Dark rum (Lamb's) and Ribena in proportions to taste.

[Barely related meanderings of a diseased mind]That leads me to an aside: someone once studied alcohol absorption from the human stomach and found that the fastest rise in blood alcohol occurs at 17% alcohol by volume of ingested liquor, and it speeds things enormously if it is effervescent. Fizzy sherry is the ideal substance from this limited point of view. My peers decided to put it to the test for my 19th birthday (which illustrates why one should never be tempted to go to medical school before maturity has set in). I may be the only person to have ever covered the entire interior of an Austin Allegro with vomit (though god knows why, the piece of crap deserved it. Square steering wheel. Ridiculous.) and I have never drunk that mixture ever again.[/Barely related meanderings of a diseased mind]

dogen

Post by dogen »

strayling wrote:
dogen wrote:
strayling wrote: That picture makes me want to hurt the fucking gyppo bastards who made a mockery of that bear. Some cultures deserve to die.
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.

Albus Dumbledore, Return of the Jewdi.
Cultures aren't people.
Racist.

Shatterface as Guest

another lurker wrote:Which is why it is best to ignore fuckwits like Alex Gabriel, as it makes their beliefs appear legitimate. Same reason not to engage creationists.
I think people need to ask themselves whether TV is for entertaining drama or social engineering.

Russell T Davies is the darling of the Guardian reading classes because he's gay so they assume his aims are their's: but he isn't. A lot of his fans are and they've built up this mythical image of him. He has stated openly that political correctness is the death of good drama.

Shatterface

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:The great Sid James in action:

[youtube]5KCzdLiWeSU[/youtube]

Shatterface
The 'bird' who played Cleopatra was on Coronation Street for quite a while. Too old and whatnot to fit in a carpet by that point in her life though.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

That Nugent chap is at it again http://www.michaelnugent.com/2015/01/27 ... -pz-myers/

Nice he thanks Jan Steen.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Lsuoma wrote:
Just think of me, deLurch whilst they are going at it. I am there with you bud.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

The trailer for the movie has the carpet scene:

[youtube]CaezEA5DQuU[/youtube]

dogen

Post by dogen »

BarnOwl wrote:

Does Carry On travel?

Shatterface

Twiglets
Bacon flavor fries
Scampi flavor fries
Custard cremes
Ginger nuts
Pickled eggs
Jellied eels
Mushy peas
Real chocolate (without butyric acid, a major ingredient in vomit and Hershey's)

dogen

Post by dogen »

Dinner party scene is Best Scene:

[youtube]3l_3-23zAWM[/youtube]

Southern

Post by Southern »

HunnyBunny wrote:That Nugent chap is at it again http://www.michaelnugent.com/2015/01/27 ... -pz-myers/

I can't help but to think that Peez and Two Cows just laugh at Nugent every time he makes another post about the smears. They don't care a fuck about setting the record straight. And the worst part is, the only thing they could lose from this is respect among the atheists - which they don't have much to begin with.

Peezus and Two Cows are trolling Nugent and enjoying every minute of it.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

dogen wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:

Does Carry On travel?

Shatterface

Twiglets
Bacon flavor fries
Scampi flavor fries
Custard cremes
Ginger nuts
Pickled eggs
Jellied eels
Mushy peas
Real chocolate (without butyric acid, a major ingredient in vomit and Hershey's)

You forgot Vindaloo, a staple on Red Dwarf.

http://anikabalti.com/wp-content/upload ... e-8572.jpg

strayling

Post by strayling »

dogen wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:

Does Carry On travel?

Shatterface

Twiglets
Bacon flavor fries
Scampi flavor fries
Custard cremes
Ginger nuts
Pickled eggs
Jellied eels
Mushy peas
Vimto (>> Ribena)
Pickled onions
Jelly babies

\ homesick now
\\ OMG, self doxxing!

And the for all the Carry On light relief, shitlords :clap:

dogen

Post by dogen »

Lsuoma wrote:
Live streaming, plox?

dogen

Post by dogen »

Lsuoma wrote:
Live streaming, plox?

strayling

Post by strayling »

"thx", not "the". Stop oppressing me, spellcheek.

Shatterface as Guest

dogen wrote:Dinner party scene is Best Scene:

[youtube]3l_3-23zAWM[/youtube]
Adam Curtis' latest documentary, Bitter Lake, uses clips from Carry On Up the Khyber.

It's one of the few films that transcends the series to become genuine satire.

Shatterface

dogen

Post by dogen »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
dogen wrote:Aian]

Twiglets
Bacon flavor fries
Scampi flavor fries
Custard cremes
Ginger nuts
Pickled eggs
Jellied eels
Mushy peas

http://anikabalti.com/wp-content/upload ... e-8572.jpg[/quote]

In the US, I miss good curry more than anything else. There's no sign of a night well spent than a coffee table covered in aluminium curry trays (full of ciggies, of course) and empty special brew cans.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

HunnyBunny wrote:That Nugent chap is at it again http://www.michaelnugent.com/2015/01/27 ... -pz-myers/

Well done, Jan. I'd stand you a rum and black and a plate of vindaloo if I could.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

BarnOwl wrote:

Does Carry On travel?

Shatterface

The Carry On films are at their funniest when you're about nine.

Dave

Post by Dave »

dogen wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:
dogen wrote:Aian]

Twiglets
Bacon flavor fries
Scampi flavor fries
Custard cremes
Ginger nuts
Pickled eggs
Jellied eels
Mushy peas

http://anikabalti.com/wp-content/upload ... e-8572.jpg
In the US, I miss good curry more than anything else. There's no sign of a night well spent than a coffee table covered in aluminium curry trays (full of ciggies, of course) and empty special brew cans.[/quote]

My wife is a large fan of Indian cuisine. Id humor her, but it was all "meh" to me until I visited London, where I had some real curry. Here in the NYC area, you can find some decent curry if you look for it, but most places (~9/10) are shit and most people dont know any better.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Fuck. Quote fail.

Maybe the FT shoved the missing quote tag up his arse to amuse his gastroenterologist.

John D

Post by John D »

Ed Brayton writes: PZ, you really are just about the biggest asshole I have ever known… You’re a liar, PZ, and a first class, double-barrelled, fully automatic asshole.
Haha! I couldn't agree more!

feathers

Post by feathers »

comhcinc wrote:That certain would show us. But at least he is from Denmark and those people can't do shit.
Tut-tut they can rile up entire mideastern countries with just a few drawings... not even published there.

Walter Ego

Post by Walter Ego »

My good deed for today. Reap is stuck somewhere in the Midwest and needs funds to get back home.

https://twitter.com/ReapSowRadio
REAP.jpg
(66.62 KiB) Downloaded 167 times

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Aneris wrote:Welcome, Aratina. Here’s the traditional basket of lynx:

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/4FiZYYa.jpg?1[/img]

Nice to see someone who can (maybe) leave past grudges behind (I don’t have any, for the record).
aratina wrote:I know you apologized already for one thing as well; so, not trying to be harsh on you, but maybe there was a little justification in some of that? I don't know. I don't really know any of you, but I do think atheism in English-speaking areas is currently extremely dysfunctional, and that whole episode didn't reflect well on us. On the one hand, why did you tease them so and persist at it so long. On the other, why didn't they simply ignore you and move on? :( [...]
I guess others tackled most of it already, yet let's look at the facts.
  1. Skep Tickle posted under that name.
  2. While a medic in real life, she neither had special information about the case, nor any professional relationship with PZ Myers.
  3. Her comment was at least speculative. No facts were established. It was either a joke or an interpretation of information provided in the public.
  4. She made a comment in this very forum.
  5. Posts made by anonymous people normally don’t have much weigth. There is no authority attached to it and none comes by knowing she is an MD in real life.
  6. Posts in this forum get buried by new comments quickly. A single post has not much signficance.
  7. There was no indication that her comment hived off in any way. I had the impression that when PZ Myers posted his doxx, it came out of the left field.
<chop chop choppitty chop>
Oh FFS! Listen up people. It was clearly a joke.

The idea that Becky Booze would allow PeeZuss anywhere near her snatch (except to show him what he is never going to have) is ludicrous to the extreme.

Come to think of it, that is possibly why PeeZuss got so bent out of shape 'cause he knows it too.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:There are actual innocent civilians in the middle. And we are, in fact, almost carpet bombing them (it helped the Kurds a lot in Kobané).
I thought Kurd Kobane was already dead.

CaptainFluffyBunny

feathers wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:There are actual innocent civilians in the middle. And we are, in fact, almost carpet bombing them (it helped the Kurds a lot in Kobané).
Wasn't he the singer in the band Insallah?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Hey Andrew, where the fuck have you been you cunt?

Jesper

Post by Jesper »

PZ Myers is down, I repeat, PZ Myers is down.

Go to FTB and strike hard.

Here's your one and only chance, Pit.

The cat is out of the bag.

He's a Satanist.

Use it against him.

NEO :twisted:

feathers

Post by feathers »

Dave wrote:Fuck. Quote fail.

Maybe the FT shoved the missing quote tag up his arse to amuse his gastroenterologist.
gastroENTER!ologist.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma wrote: It's very much a backchannel thing - I have a colonoscopy scheduled for 90 minutes from now.
:hankey:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:In better news, ISIS has been chased out of Kobané by the Kurds. Scenes of joy all around the streets. Maybe the beginning of the end for those fuckers?
While it is a strategic setback I doubt that it is the begining of the end as far as the morale of the fighters and police are concerned.

However,

Where things might fall apart is in the administration of public utilities etc. If they mismanage those areas you could see some fall out there.

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
feathers wrote:
Wasn't he the singer in the band Insallah?
Kurd was lead singer in Jannah. Insallah is a song by Missippi Adam Riggle Band.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

another lurker wrote:Hey Andrew, where the fuck have you been you cunt?
Been busy with real life stuff. Among other things I do volunteer tech support for the blind and have been busy with that lately.

Pro tip to Microsloth: Blind people can not see that Windoze is in the middle of an update when they switch off the comp. Some sort of notification that software such as Dragon could see would help. Otherwise people like me have to regularly check & install their updates for them.

Pro tip to the Banks: Seeing as blind people can not see to click on some pixles and can not tab to it they can not complete the mony transfer & have to call in someone who can see to finalize the transaction.

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

Service Dog wrote:Straight women are gay.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/roo/4861268312.html
Duh. You would know that if you watched as many 5:30 long documentaries and docudramas as I do.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Tibo wrote:
What's this guy going on about?
If even he doesn't believe in his trolling superpowers, why would anyone else?
Think of the obnoxious child that wants attention and has to throw tantrums to get it.
He's a bored, friendless loser that is desperate for some type of human contact and is happy to settle for negative attention.
First person I've ever put on ignore.

Garlix

Post by Garlix »

franc wrote: So that's why they are so obsessed.

Reading interrupted due non-recoverable failure of irony meter.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Parody Accountant wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:FTBCon3 wrap-up video:

[.youtube]xR0z6khi824[/youtube]
ALL YOU FUCKS NEED TO WATCH THIS IMPORTANT PSA FROM FTBCON3. THIS IS AMAZING.

Yes I'm replying to my own post.
ROFLMAO!

The average woman has zero respect for a man who will not slap her around when it is called for.

(Note for the impaired: Clearly some exaggeration for dramatic impact there, but my point pretty much stands for the majority of women. They have no respect for any man who does not stand up to them.)

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Encyclopedia Dramatica current Article of the Now is about Shanley Kane:

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Shanley_Kane

jimmy

Post by jimmy »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:In better news, ISIS has been chased out of Kobané by the Kurds. Scenes of joy all around the streets. Maybe the beginning of the end for those fuckers?
While it is a strategic setback I doubt that it is the begining of the end as far as the morale of the fighters and police are concerned.

However,

Where things might fall apart is in the administration of public utilities etc. If they mismanage those areas you could see some fall out there.
My guess is it'll come down to money. They will run out of the weapons they stole from Assads goons or the Iraqi bases they attacked. They can control as much shit hole desert territory as they like, it won't help them to pay the bills. Many of the refineries have been bombed, and the oil can't be moved anywhere cos the roads aren't safe. They can't just keep "taxing" the locals for ever. Maybe they will print their own money, as they threatened to a few months ago, but who is gonna accept the ISIS Dinar as payment for anything outside the "state"?.

The people in Mosul are basically hostages. They aren't allowed out of the city even for a short trip unless 3 people vouch for their return. If they don't return, ISIS kill the people who vouched for them.

In the final 24 hours of the Kobane conflict, the coalition bombed them 19 times in that small area alone. If they didn't "run away", it's because they didn't have anywhere to run to, and there are no roads that are safe for them.

The Kurds have started to fire into Mosul last week. (I think just to show that they can, rather than it being a serious attack.) The YPG are picking them off every day as they try to move around the (deserted) villages outside the city.

I expect to see a few cracks appearing in the next few weeks as the pressure increases from all sides. I can't see the US air force running out of bombs any time soon.

As far as their (ISIS) Iraqi campaign goes, I think this is the beginning of the end.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Southern wrote:Oh goody, one of the Linux's updates that came today is "JasPer JPEG-2000 runtime library".
By a remarkable coincidence I installed this very piece of software this morning. I tried to run it and get the following error message:
JasPer JPEG-2000 wrote:
JasPer JPEG-2000 runtime library encountered an error -

But what is an error anyway - try answering me that but you're not clever enough.

JasPer JPEG-2000 is perfect so it must be your fault doucheweasel.

Goodbye For Ever !
Does anybody know what I can do about it ?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I didn't even put NEC or Wonderist on ignore

Jesper is far more irritating than either

He won't be going on ignore, however. Just saying.