Old subthreads
CuntajusRationality

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by CuntajusRationality »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

rayshul wrote:That's so fucking pathetic.

Okay. So. We're the Slymepit. What can we do here?

Theoretically, if we were a group of people who could help people and not just mock them all the time. I'm not going to throw a Mykeru, but this Bora shit seems genuinely fucking sad and it would be nice if we could help.
Indiegogo?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Suet Cardigan wrote:
bhoytony wrote:Dear Fascist Tit,
can you please just rename this blog The Steerspit (because that is essentially what it has become) and save me a lot of wasted time looking it up only to find that it contains nothing but boring, repetitive shite from the most gormless cunt I have ever come across on the internet. I don't even bother logging in to use the ignore feature because all the other posts are replies to the oblivious gobshite, usually quoting him. It's just not worth scrolling through 90% of the site to find anything of interest.
Seconded. I don't have anyone on ignore as a matter of principle, but Steersman is pushing me close to the edge. Can't the FT give Steers his own thread, like he did with Wonderbore?
It's getting close. If I get pissed off enough with the Steersbore today, I'll restrict it to the other forum. If Phil is ignoring someone, there is clearly an issue.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

My shiny new copy of this...

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a61 ... lbcufc.jpg

...has just arrived.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

As European Americans acclimated themselves to the custom of forsaking utensils and even plates to eat more like enslaved Africans and Native Americans – from spareribs to corn on the cob – they used their hands in an unprecedented break with Old World formalities.
So Viking Table at uni was a lie? I am disappoint.

That article is bollocks. Frontierpersons, pioneers, and poor people of all backgrounds in the US cooked outdoors and ate without fancy utensils and plates.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Bhurzum wrote:My shiny new copy of this...

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a61 ... lbcufc.jpg

...has just arrived.
Nah, it's probably plagiarised.

Oh wait, that Avicenna (980 BCE - 1037 CE)?

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

CuntajusRationality wrote:

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Brive1987 wrote:No, I really don't need to.
Malady has a penis?

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

rayshul wrote:ANYHOO.

http://coturnix.org/

Bora's website looks so miserable at the moment.

I don't know what to think about the witchhunting but... it's actually just comments, isn't it, that he's accused of doing? If anything? Made by an autistic with poor reading of social cues? And he's been just shat on entirely by everyone?

I feel like it would be nice to help the guy - his wife seems to make a fair case that this is all fucking witch hunting, and I'm into supporting the hunted - but I actually know nothing about Bora or if there's been any case/etc against him. I never followed this story at all.
The Bora case is fucking horrible, and I feel bad for him and his family. Really disgusting to see how all his science blogging "friends," who enjoyed swanning and schmoozing around at the ScienceOnline meetings he organized every year, were pushing each other in the queue to have first chance at throwing him under the bus. Creepy harpies like Smugwedel and the terminally shallow Dr. Isis, and all their ilk. What an irredeemable bunch of malodorous hypocrites.

Matt Cavanaugh

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

feathers wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:I remember sucking down a beer back in the '90s, direct from the bottle, when I felt an excruciating pain in my lower lip. Pound signs were ringing in my eyes as I dreamt of suing the fuck out of Grolsch for putting glass in my bottle, but, no! It was a big fuck of wasp which, as well as stinging me, was also stealing my beer. It stung me again, this time on my cheek, then flew off happily. Fucker!
http://resolver.kb.nl/resolve?urn=urn:g ... e=variable

(One day you don't drink beer anymore... one day you're drinking Grolsch)
8/10. 9/10 if there's still some beer in the can.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

WMD Kitty over at the, uh, 'Mended Drum' has just discovered something.
WMDKitty -- Survivor

4 July 2015 at 2:20 am

It occurred to me, while watching Alien (and yelling at the screen), that there is a subset of horror movies that, if you dig into the subtext, are essentially about rape.

I’m not talking slashers, serial killers, ghosts, or goblins, though there are plenty of morality plays involving them (and more).

I’m talking parasites.

Parasites from space.

Specifically, the Alien franchise.

The entire concept, the entire premise of this franchise, is about the horrors of rape and forced pregnancy.

First off, the Facehuggers look like a giant vulva with legs and a tail. Come to think of it, there are a lot of things that look phallic (and yonic) in this movie. Some of this, no doubt, was intentional. (Come on, this movie is the Trope Namer for Face Full of Alien Wing-Wong, ferchrissake!)

Second, the Facehuggers do exactly what it says on the tin — “hug” your face. For… certain values of “hug” that involve oral rape.

Third, they implant an egg in your chest. I repeat, they implant an egg in your fucking chest. That egg is gonna hatch. The thing inside it is going to be hungry. It’s going to eat the first thing it can find — namely, YOU. And it’s going to devour you from within before exploding your chest wall and entering the world with a big, bloody, splash. Yeah, they named the Chest Burster trope, too.

Think about the level of bodily violation that’s happening there.

Sure, on the surface, Alien is a sci-fi action flick with some squicky effects.

But it’s so much more when you read between the lines.

Of course, Cracked has a far more in-depth exploration of this topic.
Incredible, that in the 35 plus years since it was released, no-one has ever before read between the lines and discovered that Alien has a glaringly fucking obvious rape subtext. :clap:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

feathers wrote:
rayshul wrote:On another note I remember how PZ et al thought we'd die out, much like anti-#gamergater thought #gamergate would die out. And yet here we are, all these years later. When all this kicked off I didn't have kids.
You mean the Pit gave you babies? Oh dear.
trans*pregnancies?

Really?

Post by Really? »

Tigzy wrote:WMD Kitty over at the, uh, 'Mended Drum' has just discovered something.
WMDKitty -- Survivor

Incredible, that in the 35 plus years since it was released, no-one has ever before read between the lines and discovered that Alien has a glaringly fucking obvious rape subtext. :clap:
Cracked sucks.

These fucking people. These fucking people are willing to ruin a man because Bora hugged a woman too long and someone told her it was sexual harassment. These fucking people complain about being "gaslit."

What they're really confessing and showing us is that they are dumb as shit and think on a third-grade level.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tigzy wrote:
Shatterface as Guest wrote:Christ, The Guardian is running an article claiming cooking meat outside is cultural appropriation.

Because, I don't fucking know, ancient Europeans went straight from foraging fruit to microwaving the shit out of stuff.

Fucking retards.

Shatterface
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... -americans

Nice to see plenty of pushback in the comments section. Bodes well when even Guardian readers are getting tired of this weebling nonsense.
Can anyone explain the Guardian UK's obsession with everything USA?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Can anyone explain the Guardian UK's obsession with everything USA?
[youtube]dWRCsa1OO4k[/youtube]

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

paddybrown wrote:The musical I'm in debuted with its first reheased reading last night. Went really well. The audience took a couple of songs to really warm up, but by the end they were cheering and whooping. There were people from a number of venues in attendance, and it looks like we might get booked for a full production next year. There's a second reading this evening. Here's a promo image what I drew:

http://paddybrown.co.uk/wordpress/wp-co ... belles.jpg#

And if you're on Arsebook, here's a song from the show (not one of mine - sung by the three girls above, the Jazzabelles themselves). Can't figure out any way of embedding it.

That's really cool, paddybrown, and sounds like lots of fun! I always enjoy seeing your artwork too - feel a bit like it's cheating to see it for free.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Can anyone explain the Guardian UK's obsession with everything USA?
Note that Twitty is American: https://www.facebook.com/MichaelWTwitty

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

So I need to poll the collective 'Pit equestrian wisdom about my aging TB mare. For the second time in a month, she has torn her eyelid on something in her run at the boarding ranch. I have been over every inch of the panels, feed bin, etc. and can't figure out where she's doing it. I've covered or removed every single thing that looks remotely pokey or sharp, and two of the ranch workers have done the same. She doesn't do it when she's turned out in the paddock - it happens overnight when she's in her run.

The first time she tore her eyelid, I put a fly mask on her, and she wore a hole in the side over her injured eyelid (which healed quite nicely). I sewed up the hole, and she wore through it again, and also rubbed a raw area under her jaw, so I took the fly mask off for awhile. Then yesterday I get a call that she's ripped the same eyelid in the same place, and the vet stitched it up again. Each time the vet does this, it costs me $250. Obviously she has an itchy spot, and she manages to find some sharp pokey thing that's invisible to humans to scratch it on. She's 24 years old, so maybe she's getting senile, I don't know. The thing is that they want to put her in a stall to heal, and she hates being in a stall. She'd rather hang out in the paddock with her gelding buddy - they manage to avoid injuring themselves while turned out somehow.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Owne Jones falls victim to his own cognitive dissonance and it is fucking glorious:
https://storify.com/LiberalAtheist6/sai ... on-lgbt-is

Really?

Post by Really? »

feathers wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Can anyone explain the Guardian UK's obsession with everything USA?
I didn't look. Let me guess. Professor of African American Studies?

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Shatterface as Guest wrote:Christ, The Guardian is running an article claiming cooking meat outside is cultural appropriation.

Because, I don't fucking know, ancient Europeans went straight from foraging fruit to microwaving the shit out of stuff.

Fucking retards.

Shatterface

Nice to see plenty of pushback in the comments section. Bodes well when even Guardian readers are getting tired of this weebling nonsense.
Can anyone explain the Guardian UK's obsession with everything USA?
The Guardian website has a larger number of US readers than UK readers. I think the author of that article is a Septic too.
Don't think that the Grauniad website and particularly the Comment Is Free section represent the actual newspaper. Most of the batshit stuff that is posted here from CIF doesn't make it into newsprint (although I think the ridiculous shite that Lindy West now writes for them is actually featured). Most of it is pretty much just clickbait, and it works, look at the comments. Lots of hits.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Brive1987 wrote:Oh Dana. From the Jan 2014 post linked to above.
I see Bora’s decided he’s spent enough time in the penalty box, and has returned to the social media world. This move was classic: mention you moved your blog from Scientific American, but fail to mention why, as if sexually harassing several women is just a minor whoops you needn’t bring up, then paste on a butthurt addendum saying you had no idea you should apologize again. That, combined with the fact he’s so pleased to have his balls lovingly sucked in public by his good buddy Anton Zuiker and assorted harassment-denying hangers-on, tells me he hasn’t learned a damned thing.

My worst fears are thus confirmed, much to my utter and complete lack of surprise: he isn’t a man who realizes he fucked up and will do everything necessary to make amends. No, he’s a predator who’s too bloody stupid to move on to a fresh victim pool.
If that was a dog you'd be forced to take action.
There was a time I felt a bit sorry for Dana Hunter. She sort of came across as emotionally frail, immature and rather sad.
After seeing her go after another socially stunted individual, and one that apparently never committed offense toward her, and in fact gave her the best job she has ever had in her aspiring writing career, she matured from the sad, ugly duckling into a beautiful swaninto a hideous vulture ripping apart the skinny carcass of Bora after he'd been finished off by her toxic friends.
She writes from time to time about being depressed,and if she gets a thorough shitkicking next time she's down maybe she will reflect on how she treated a one time mentor.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Parsehole, where the fuck did you dig up that Pannyfanny idiot from? Now that is a fucking very special sort of retard.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Tigzy wrote:WMD Kitty over at the, uh, 'Mended Drum' has just discovered something.
WMDKitty -- Survivor

It occurred to me, while watching Alien (and yelling at the screen), that there is a subset of horror movies that, if you dig into the subtext, are essentially about rape.

I’m not talking slashers, serial killers, ghosts, or goblins, though there are plenty of morality plays involving them (and more).

I’m talking parasites.

Parasites from space.

Specifically, the Alien franchise.

The entire concept, the entire premise of this franchise, is about the horrors of rape and forced pregnancy.

First off, the Facehuggers look like a giant vulva with legs and a tail. Come to think of it, there are a lot of things that look phallic (and yonic) in this movie. Some of this, no doubt, was intentional. (Come on, this movie is the Trope Namer for Face Full of Alien Wing-Wong, ferchrissake!)

Second, the Facehuggers do exactly what it says on the tin — “hug” your face. For… certain values of “hug” that involve oral rape.

Third, they implant an egg in your chest. I repeat, they implant an egg in your fucking chest. That egg is gonna hatch. The thing inside it is going to be hungry. It’s going to eat the first thing it can find — namely, YOU. And it’s going to devour you from within before exploding your chest wall and entering the world with a big, bloody, splash. Yeah, they named the Chest Burster trope, too.

Think about the level of bodily violation that’s happening there.

Sure, on the surface, Alien is a sci-fi action flick with some squicky effects.

But it’s so much more when you read between the lines.

Peezus wept.

Next, WMDKitty will discover that the Alien franchise has an impregnation theme! :o

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

James Caruthers wrote:
WMDKitty -- Survivor

Peezus wept.

Next, WMDKitty will discover that the Alien franchise has an impregnation theme! :o
Please, nobody send her a book of fairy stories, she'll have an aneurism.

Really?

Post by Really? »

James Caruthers wrote:

Peezus wept.

Hey guyz. I was just smoking some crack and eating my cat's vomit when it occurred to me...

I think The Terminator franchise might be a reflection of humanity's struggle to remain in control as technology reaches the point where it can replace us...and outthink us.

Am I crazy, or does The Lion King share a lot of similarities with Hamlet?

Wow, you guyz. I think "Ring Around the Rosy" might be about the Black Plague.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Brive1987 wrote:Check out the post by Bora's wife (if I havent been niggered)

From http://www.advicegoddess.com/archives/2 ... vic_r.html

What people don't know is that a lawyer forced Bora to publish that "apology" and would not allow him to use his own words or defend himself. So his fate was sealed, his guilt certain.................
She clarifies that in the comments.
@snoopy There is one very important fact that I failed to mention but should have: The lawyer misrepresented herself to Bora as *his* lawyer, as if SciAm was going to support and protect him. Instead, she was actually slipping the noose around his neck. If we pursue any legal action, we have a strong case against her. He did what she told him to do because he trusted her. A huge mistake, once again counting on somebody's honesty where was none. He worked his tuchas off for that company. He made the mistake of believing that SciAm would have his back. Sadly, he was very, very wrong about that. Again.
If her account is truthful then what was done to Bora is absolutely disgusting, criminal even, and deepens my contempt for loathsome shitmongers like Myers and gullible sanctimonious creeps like Chris Clarke. Malady can go fuck herself, bitching and whining beached atop acres of silk cushions, while Bora's children go hungry because of her ideological friend's callous disregard for truth and consequence. This shit is serious and I'm quite angry about it TBH.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

PeeZus calls Amy Alkon's article about Bora "pushback against equality":
To recap the incident, Bora was widely recognized as an important gatekeeper to the online science writing community — he knew everyone, was a real activist in building communities and bringing diverse writers together, and was also widely liked. But that all came crashing down when it was discovered that he treated men and women differently, that women were subjected to uncomfortably sexual talk, and that maybe he wasn’t such a great community builder after all, if women were feeling reluctant and betrayed.

There were no legal issues. This was not brought to court. He is not currently in jail. All it was was that he was discovered to be biased in the execution of his work, and therefore wasn’t doing the job he was expected to do — so, like a dishwasher who does a poor job washing dishes, he lost his position as a community manager at Scientific American, and resigned from his position on the board of Science Online. This was right and appropriate — when you lose the trust of a community in a position that is all about the community, of course you should lose that position.
Note the comparison of Bora to a dishwasher.

Go on PeeZus, keep faffing around at Convergence and taking unflattering photos of the attendees … it's not as if you're going to get any research done this summer. Or ever.

Billie from Ockham

Really? wrote:Hey guyz. I was just smoking some crack and eating my cat's vomit when it occurred to me...
Cat vomit is a good start, but if you're ready for prime-time, go for sniffing cat pee:

[youtube]ocL9-FiOa-A[/youtube]

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

James Caruthers wrote:Brive, that post about Bora is unbelievable. 10/10 top quality, mate.

Bora always struck me as one of the saddest people fingered in the false rape accusation witch hunt. He had that pathetic puppy-dog look and apparently that's fairly accurate of him in real life as well. So much for male SJW feminist allies. Or maybe if I want to be charitable, I could say that the SJW community is entirely too welcoming of manipulative DSM disordered game-players who abuse its "safe space" to gain power and control over others. If every male feminist was Steve Shives rather than Hugo Schwyzer, and every female feminist was Greta Christina rather than Melody Hensley, maybe then they'd be justified in their extreme in-group "kin selection" bias.

Don't get me wrong either-I can't stand Steve. The reason I never posted any Steve shit on the pit is I'd rather infiltrate any other SJW than listen to his drivel. BUT at least Steve strikes me as a reasonably honest person, and I guess Greta does too even though I also don't like her.

My point is that there are some people you're just going to have an ideological conflict with, and that's fine. But they're probably decent people. But then there are the Davis Aurini, RooshV, Melody Hensley, PZ Myers Asshole Supremes who are just out for themselves and fuck you if you are not immediately useful to them. Like when I posted a jeering comment on Owen's youtube channel laughing at Davis Aurini's political views, and Davis Aurini aka one half of the "Anita is silencing meeee" duo showed up to ask Jordan to ban me for being an "SJW troll." Haha! So much for my frozen peaches! I did gain respect for Owen when he didn't ban me and showed up in the comment chain to argue with some real racists who wanted to claim Jim Crow wasn't so bad or something. :D

This is my windy cunt way to say not everyone in a community has to be toxic, but if the community enables toxic behavior then the net result can still be very bad.
Honest people have a major failing of believing others are as honest as they are.
The witchfinding community doesn't just enable toxic behaviour, it rewards it. There are filters in place to weed out the intellectually honest and promote the ethically challenged. An environment where skeptical examination of accusations is discouraged is tailor-made for manipulation by the malign personality disordered.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Really? wrote:
feathers wrote:
"Food Justice"? :think:

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

bhoytony wrote:Parsehole, where the fuck did you dig up that Pannyfanny idiot from? Now that is a fucking very special sort of retard.
Long story mate. She follows a chum of mine who RT'd something a while back and she hasn't left me alone since.
She's a total SJW caricature. All the buzzwords are there.

Tone, you are obviously on le Twitters. What's your name on there? Lemme give you some love.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Mano Singham has a blurb about a female ECE prof fired from her teaching job on a charge of sexual harassment because she had occasionally talked about sex and used the word "pussy".
Retarded baboon "A Noyd" is questioning why we anti-feminists aren't supporting her:

A. Noyd says

July 3, 2015 at 8:40 am

Gee, I wonder if all Tim Hunt’s frothing defenders are going to stick up for Buchanan now. I mean, she actually lost her job instead of merely resigning preemptively from an honorary position.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Mano Singham has a blurb about a female ECE prof fired from her teaching job on a charge of sexual harassment because she had occasionally talked about sex and used the word "pussy".
Retarded baboon "A Noyd" is questioning why we anti-feminists aren't supporting her:

A. Noyd says

July 3, 2015 at 8:40 am

Gee, I wonder if all Tim Hunt’s frothing defenders are going to stick up for Buchanan now. I mean, she actually lost her job instead of merely resigning preemptively from an honorary position.
??? The little that I've seen about it from people I follow have been negative towards the firing. They see it as more of the PC-SJW crap run amok. None of them are anti-feminist, unless he means anti-SJW and Rad-fems.

Cabal

Post by Cabal »

Tigzy wrote:

Fucking retards.

Shatterface

There is a lot of below-the-line dissent at the Guardian, but equally you have a lot of constant complaining about how (in effect) the presence of dissenting views is simply *howwible* and ruins it completely for the right-thinking folk. And the moderation is biased as fuck, naturally, particularly on anything remotely smelling of feminism.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
bhoytony wrote:Parsehole, where the fuck did you dig up that Pannyfanny idiot from? Now that is a fucking very special sort of retard.
Long story mate. She follows a chum of mine who RT'd something a while back and she hasn't left me alone since.
She's a total SJW caricature. All the buzzwords are there.

Tone, you are obviously on le Twitters. What's your name on there? Lemme give you some love.
@stephenfry

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Can anyone explain the Guardian UK's obsession with everything USA?
Liberal self-hatred in the UK is so big the UK isn't big enough to contain it so they need to draft in the USA as proxy-British.

When the self-hatred gets too big for that they draft in Israel.

Americans are kinda English and therefore a legitimate target of liberal self hatred.

Israelis are kinda American and therefore also kinda English.

It all makes perfect sense of you think of a woman as a toilet.

Or something.

Shatterface

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

James Caruthers wrote:

Peezus wept.

Soon she will be telling us that GamerGate is about ethics in gaming journalism :roll:

Shatterface as Guest

Cabal wrote:There is a lot of below-the-line dissent at the Guardian, but equally you have a lot of constant complaining about how (in effect) the presence of dissenting views is simply *howwible* and ruins it completely for the right-thinking folk. And the moderation is biased as fuck, naturally, particularly on anything remotely smelling of feminism.
There's always plenty of pushback in the comments but it's from people who don't buy the rag so they don't care.

What kind of cunt actually buys The Guardian?

I wouldn't wipe my cock on it I'd just fucked a monkey.

Shatterface

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

From that barbeque supremacy article in the Grauniad
The traditional holiday cookout has its roots in the cooperation between black and indigenous peoples struggling to get or keep their freedom from colonialists
He's just blatantly making it up as he goes along.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Bora's wife wrote:
All of you that have been complicit in this crime are guilty of ruining our life. You have succeeded in rendering Bora unemployable. You have humiliated our children, and pushed us both to the very edge of suicide and divorce. You have taken four people out of the middle class and sentenced us to a life of poverty. Because of you, there are children going to bed hungry (our daughter is down to 83 lbs and she's anemic. She is not anorexic. She is hungry. She is afraid to eat because she's afraid there will be nothing left. YOU DID THIS TO HER. TO US. And for what?
PZ Myers wrote:
It’s also incredibly dishonest to claim that he was the target of a hysterical inquisition to bring Bora down. This was a community that very much liked Bora, and responded in a deliberative and thoughtful way to the revelations. It’s telling that the way some people react to disclosures of casual sexism is with extremely over-the-top accusations of witch-hunting and McCarthyite show trials and conspiracy theories about evil feminists out to destroy the reputations of good men, to the point that they have to lie about the actual facts of the case.
Myers must be so proud that he and his fellow Sociopath Justice Warriors helped make Bora's kids become malnourished. He may not be a great or even noteworthy scientist or writer, but at least he made a difference to somebody's life.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Jan Steen wrote:Bora's wife wrote:
All of you that have been complicit in this crime are guilty of ruining our life. You have succeeded in rendering Bora unemployable. You have humiliated our children, and pushed us both to the very edge of suicide and divorce. You have taken four people out of the middle class and sentenced us to a life of poverty. Because of you, there are children going to bed hungry (our daughter is down to 83 lbs and she's anemic. She is not anorexic. She is hungry. She is afraid to eat because she's afraid there will be nothing left. YOU DID THIS TO HER. TO US. And for what?
PZ Myers wrote:
It’s also incredibly dishonest to claim that he was the target of a hysterical inquisition to bring Bora down. This was a community that very much liked Bora, and responded in a deliberative and thoughtful way to the revelations. It’s telling that the way some people react to disclosures of casual sexism is with extremely over-the-top accusations of witch-hunting and McCarthyite show trials and conspiracy theories about evil feminists out to destroy the reputations of good men, to the point that they have to lie about the actual facts of the case.
Myers must be so proud that he and his fellow Sociopath Justice Warriors helped make Bora's kids become malnourished. He may not be a great or even noteworthy scientist or writer, but at least he made a difference to somebody's life.
It's a serious matter if a child is losing weight and anemic secondary to reduced dietary intake. And all because a guy on the spectrum acted like a guy on the spectrum. I'll ask Amy if there is a way to contribute.

Shatterface as Guest

I don't have any doubt Myers would kill an autistic if he could get away with it.

Utter cunt.

Shatterface

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

The Cheka is not just an investigative organ: it is the battle organ of the party of the future… It annihilates without trial or it isolates from society by imprisoning in concentration camps. Its word is law. The Cheka’s work must cover all areas of public life… When interrogating, do not seek material evidence or proof of the accused’s words or deeds against Soviet power. The first question you must ask is: what class does he belong to, what education, upbringing, origin or profession does he have? These questions must determine the accused's fate. This is the sense and essence of red terror… It doesn’t judge the enemy, it strikes him. It shows no mercy, but incinerates anyone who takes up arms on the other side of the barricades and who is of no use to us… But it isn’t a guillotine cutting of heads at a tribunal’s instance… We, like the Israelites, have to build the Kingdom of the Future under constant fear of enemy attack.[emphasis mine, JS]
Mārtiņš Lācis, member of the Cheka, cited in Stalin and His Hangmen by Donald Rayfield.

Sounds just like Identity Politics, doesn't it?

Billie from Ockham

I assume that the author of the article included sufficient evidence of his Sumerian or Olmec ancestry to justify writing the article in the first place.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

All of you that have been complicit in this crime are guilty of ruining our life. You have succeeded in rendering Bora unemployable. You have humiliated our children, and pushed us both to the very edge of suicide and divorce. .... YOU DID THIS TO HER. TO US. And for what?
PZ Myers wrote:
It’s also incredibly dishonest to claim that he was the target of a hysterical inquisition to bring Bora down. ....
"What a town without pity can do". Social sanctions and feedback can be "a normal, healthy social tool", but it can also be hell on wheels when people take it to extremes, when they attempt to crucify other people for rather trivial transgressions. Seems a rather Old Testament draconian type morality in play.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

In a civilized society the punishment fits the crime. Under Stalinism or Fascism and in the world of SJWs even the slightest transgression deserves complete annihilation. That's why people like PZ Myers can think that Bora and his family got what they deserved.

Billie from Ockham

Oglebart wrote:From that barbeque supremacy article in the Grauniad
The traditional holiday cookout has its roots in the cooperation between black and indigenous peoples struggling to get or keep their freedom from colonialists
He's just blatantly making it up as he goes along.
Actually, I've seen black people playing American football on teams called The Seminoles, Redskins, or Illini, and I've also seen people barbequing before and after said games, so this claim in the article has more than the usual amount of evidence behind it.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

LurkerPerson wrote:I'd just like to point out the irony of the entire pit coming down on Steersman's admittedly robotic understanding of the word "nigger", endless moralizing about the context and meaning of the word, and then casually using the word "niggered" as a replacement for "ninjaed". There you go Steers, you won your arguement. The pit has been winning it for you for a while now. The word "niggered" is 100 percent totally acceptable useage from pasty atheists if the goal is ironic forum inside jokes, truly the most noble instance of the word being subverted.
http://paydayloansnsb.info/wp-content/u ... 00x200.jpg ;-)
More or less, at least on that front. Although it seems clear that frequently, even here in a supposed bastion of free speech and skepticism, it's unwise to question conventional wisdom, at least with any tenacity.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Keep reading, gobshite.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

bhoytony wrote:Keep reading, gobshite.
Chuck you Farley.

James Caruthers

Oglebart wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:

Peezus wept.

Soon she will be telling us that GamerGate is about ethics in gaming journalism :roll:
[youtube]D4WC-PW2TaQ[/youtube]

[youtube]cVSeUbAinFs[/youtube]

https://img.4plebs.org/boards/s4s/image ... 699513.png

James Caruthers

PZ Myers wrote:
Who cares about human suffering when there is ideology? :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

James Caruthers

Jan Steen wrote:In a civilized society the punishment fits the crime. Under Stalinism or Fascism and in the world of SJWs even the slightest transgression deserves complete annihilation. That's why people like PZ Myers can think that Bora and his family got what they deserved.
Thing is, if Bora was guilty of "being inappropriate" to someone, the correct response would maybe be for the person he was being inappropriate towards to say something to him. Then, if he continued, maybe bring in some other people and stop the behavior and yeah, eventually if he was just a SEXUAL HARASSMENT MACHINE, then you'd have a case to fire him.

But he didn't do any of that. He was apologetic the entire time and AFAIK never repeated "the behavior" whatever the fuck it was, IF he even did it in the first place! But that wasn't enough. They hounded him off all forms of social media and then when he came crawling back, repeating his 'good ally' mantra the entire time, they posted "how dare this guy come back to social media??? Doesn't he know we OWN TWITTER!??!?" They wouldn't stop. Nothing was good enough for them. There was no limit to how far they were willing to go to bring this guy down in every way.

Seriously, fuck those people. Those are NOT the SJWs I defend when I defend SJWs on the 'pit. :P

James Caruthers

bhoytony wrote:Keep reading, gobshite.
Pit posts aren't wikipedia articles and are therefore not a credible source of information.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:

Fucking retards.

Shatterface

Piss. Off.
I can't believe how bad this is getting. What next? Breathing air is sexist?

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

Badger3k wrote:
Really? wrote:
feathers wrote:Note that Twitty is American: https://www.facebook.com/MichaelWTwitty
"Food Justice"? :think:
This same guy wrote an article last fourth of July claiming that Black people were denied vanilla ice cream in the Jim Crow south – except on Independence Day. They could have chocolate any time, but vanilla was for whites only except on the fourth of July.

Malky

Post by Malky »

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

James Caruthers wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:In a civilized society the punishment fits the crime. Under Stalinism or Fascism and in the world of SJWs even the slightest transgression deserves complete annihilation. That's why people like PZ Myers can think that Bora and his family got what they deserved.
Thing is, if Bora was guilty of "being inappropriate" to someone, the correct response would maybe be for the person he was being inappropriate towards to say something to him. Then, if he continued, maybe bring in some other people and stop the behavior and yeah, eventually if he was just a SEXUAL HARASSMENT MACHINE, then you'd have a case to fire him.

But he didn't do any of that. He was apologetic the entire time and AFAIK never repeated "the behavior" whatever the fuck it was, IF he even did it in the first place! But that wasn't enough. They hounded him off all forms of social media and then when he came crawling back, repeating his 'good ally' mantra the entire time, they posted "how dare this guy come back to social media??? Doesn't he know we OWN TWITTER!??!?" They wouldn't stop. Nothing was good enough for them. There was no limit to how far they were willing to go to bring this guy down in every way.

Seriously, fuck those people. Those are NOT the SJWs I defend when I defend SJWs on the 'pit. :P
Bora's problem was that he (a) apologized, possibly even when it was not necessary, and (b) vulnerable to them. They smelled blood and made him a perfect target to show their power. It may not have been a conspiracy or the like, but the natural consequence of their ideological zeal. Yeah, fuck them with a rusty spokesgay.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

Fucking retards.

Shatterface

Piss. Off.
I can't believe how bad this is getting. What next? Breathing air is sexist?
Are you trying to say that White Europeans didn't invent breathing air? Outrageous!
:bjarte: