Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
comhcinc

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by comhcinc »

Tribble wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
rayshul wrote:I thought someone on here was a pitmaster

I have worked at a bbq place when I was younger and I had a class in college where my professor and I cooked a pig in a traditional pit.

Covered or open?

Open. We built it from scratch and stayed up all night drinking and tending the meat. It was a class projects of sorts.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Fuck Bora I hope they tear him a new one. If you are happy to join in a witch hunt without giving the witch the benefit of the doubt then when the devil turns around and faces you, you have no defense because you threw the rule book away. You will get no sympathy from me,
Sleep with dogs and you get fleas, Bora is a cunt and I hope he suffers, the fucking twat.
Was Bora joining in a witch hunt? If so I would have less sympathy for him.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Trying out my sous vide circulator for the first time with a nice ribeye this afternoon. Two hours at 140F with rosemary and garlic, followed by searing in olive oil for around 45-60 seconds per side.
Are you going full chic and searing with a blowtorch?
Blowtorch is still on order. It's better than a pan for steak, since you can crisp the fat better.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

CuntajusRationality wrote:
Looks more like Mickey Rourke getting his weekly botox injection.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I had a not great 24 hour period. I decided I needed to drink something. I went with a low alcohol route. 5%. This is me being irresponsible responsible.

Also it being the 4th, in the early days of this great country hard cider was the most brew and drunk beverage.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

comhcinc wrote: I had a not great 24 hour period. I decided I needed to drink something. I went with a low alcohol route. 5%. This is me being irresponsible responsible.

Also it being the 4th, in the early days of this great country hard cider was the most brew and drunk beverage.
You could have made the effort and got some American cider. This probably counts as treason.

Not too keen on Strongbow meself. If I can't get scrumpy, I'll take a Magners.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

bhoytony wrote:
You could have made the effort and got some American cider. This probably counts as treason.

This is the first commercially made cider I have every drunk. It's not bad plus it was on sale.

As for not being American that just adds to #Faildinner

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

comhcinc wrote:
bhoytony wrote:

This is the first commercially made cider I have every drunk. It's not bad plus it was on sale.

I think it is actually brewed in America under license,but I wasn't going to let that stop me making a snide remark. The Septic stuff is sweeter than the original because you are all a load of girls*.

*misogyny

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

comhcinc wrote:TweetSnip
I had a not great 24 hour period. I decided I needed to drink something. I went with a low alcohol route. 5%. This is me being irresponsible responsible.

What's weighing on you especially today, Comhcinc? Share if you want to.

CaptainFluffyBunny

The FluffyBunny house had grilled salmon tonight, a lovely fish that was swimming about minding his own business this morning. Alas, not caught by meself. Still very delicious though. Steamed fingerling potatoes with roast garlic and some nice asparagus from a local farm.

free thoughtpolice

Lsuoma wrote:
Trying out my sous vide circulator for the first time with a nice ribeye this afternoon. Two hours at 140F with rosemary and garlic, followed by searing in olive oil for around 45-60 seconds per side.
Are you going full chic and searing with a blowtorch?
Blowtorch is still on order. It's better than a pan for steak, since you can crisp the fat better.
There's nothing better than a flame sear to seal in the juice! I like to cook in a kettle type of bbq with a small wood fire built off center.
A searing on each side then moving them to a cooler part of the grill and then put the lid to damp the fire and let the meat cook more slowly in the circulating smoke.
Ideally you get a thin burnt skin without an over cooked zone under the outer surface, plus that nice smoky flavor. :drool:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:

Spend last night with the wife and kids and it wasn't the best of time. It was cool and thus we couldn't swim for very long so spent most of the day/night in a penned up in a small hotel room. My oldest son has not had his meds for a week or so and so was just all over the place.

I tried to talk to my wife some and that didn't go well.

Anyway I honestly am not sure when I will get see them in person again so yeah I am feeling sorry for myself.

free thoughtpolice

bhoytony wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
bhoytony wrote:

I think it is actually brewed in America under license,but I wasn't going to let that stop me making a snide remark. The Septic stuff is sweeter than the original because you are all a load of girls*.

*misogyny
Alert sent to FT: Offensive anti-nationalist rhetoric made during a holy holiday and Pussy shaming.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

What the fuck is this?

Is commie a deep-diving troll from SJW land, here to turn us all into weeping sacks of humanity, ready to offer pouncetugs and a listening ear, instead of surprise-fistings and nadgrabs (or titty waheys for the girls and trannies. No one should feel excluded from this safe space.)?

I mean fuck me, even tonybhoy got in the act, offering a placatory explanation of his previous fruit-drink-based abusive comment.

WTFAIDH?

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

bhoytony wrote:

*misogyny
Alert sent to FT: Offensive anti-nationalist rhetoric made during a holy holiday and Pussy shaming.

I think The Glorious Leader will probably agree with me on the sweet cider matter. I can't even really be anti-nationalist either now that just about all alcoholic drinks are owned by a small number of multinational corporations. Bah, modern life is rubbish.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:

What the fuck is this?

Is commie a deep-diving troll from SJW land, here to turn us all into weeping sacks of humanity, ready to offer pouncetugs and a listening ear, instead of surprise-fistings and nadgrabs (or titty waheys for the girls and trannies. No one should feel excluded from this safe space.)?

I mean fuck me, even tonybhoy got in the act, offering a placatory explanation of his previous fruit-drink-based abusive comment.

WTFAIDH?
Yes. I am actually here to prove everyone has souls.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Sorry, comhcinc, that sucks. Just to prove we're misogynistic scum though, I really have to be concerned about the trust you seem to be showing your (ex?)wife. This really has all the earmarks of her having a planned escape, and no warning to you. For what it's worth, etc.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

WTFAIDH?
Hey! I did call him and all Americans girls because they can't handle original Strongbow cider and have to have a special child-friendly version. And I stand by that comment!

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

We can be misogynist rape-enablers AND decent human beings, duh.

CaptainFluffyBunny

rayshul wrote:We can be misogynist rape-enablers AND decent human beings, duh.
I did oppress some minorities with grilled salmon. It was simply too hot to enable any rapes.

free thoughtpolice

bhoytony wrote:
bhoytony wrote:

*misogyny

I think The Glorious Leader will probably agree with me on the sweet cider matter. I can't even really be anti-nationalist either now that just about all alcoholic drinks are owned by a small number of multinational corporations. Bah, modern life is rubbish.
I think we agree on sweet drinks, I dislike sweet wine, sherry, cider, It's fucking awful.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

I did oppress some minorities with grilled salmon. It was simply too hot to enable any rapes.
You should leave the grilling and BBQ stuff to the blacks and the redskins. I hope the cunt who wrote that article in the Grauniad isn't using electricity to cook any of his scran. I don't look kindly on cultural appropriation.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

bhoytony wrote:

WTFAIDH?
Hey! I did call him and all Americans girls because they can't handle original Strongbow cider and have to have a special child-friendly version. And I stand by that comment!
I checked this stuff, is imported. It's not bad.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Heeeeere, Oggie-oggie! C'mere boy!

http://imgur.com/UMGH8AG.jpg

Wait...

It's clear this one has already had the Ogvorbis experience.

Nevermind.

CaptainFluffyBunny

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Fuck Bora I hope they tear him a new one. If you are happy to join in a witch hunt without giving the witch the benefit of the doubt then when the devil turns around and faces you, you have no defense because you threw the rule book away. You will get no sympathy from me,
Sleep with dogs and you get fleas, Bora is a cunt and I hope he suffers, the fucking twat.
I must have missed something. I knew Bora was sympathetic to SJW, but as far as I know he didn't take part in any witch hunts himself, nor condone them. Am I mistaken?

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

comhcinc wrote:
bhoytony wrote:

WTFAIDH?
I checked this stuff, is imported. It's not bad.
I don't care. Some Americans are drinking non-imported apple flavour sugar water therefore you are all, including the women, a bunch of poofters!

This is quote mine gold. Come at me FTB!

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Ape+lust wrote:Heeeeere, Oggie-oggie! C'mere boy!

http://imgur.com/UMGH8AG.jpg

Wait...

It's clear this one has already had the Ogvorbis experience.

Nevermind.

Oggie: once he's got you, he's got your for life.

http://i.imgur.com/KNYyWJ1.jpg

free thoughtpolice

I've had the good fortune to have some minorities, some Salish friends of mine to oppress me with what would be grilled, hot smoke, and my favorite cold smoked salmon of several species.
Hot smoked Sockeye, with red hot cedar coals, cold smoked Chum and/or Sockeye with the large smokehouse and Red Alder smudge fire for several days. Delicious.

CaptainFluffyBunny

I proudly culturally appropriate anything that I want, and them as don't like it can fuck a rabid weasel. I made black bean noodles for Koreans, and they liked it. I will steal any and all culinary techniques, recipes and foods that I enjoy, and feel no guilt. Every non-SJW person of any ethnicity I've cooked with has been very encouraging about sharing their culture.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shaking and laughing and breathing into a paper bag right now ….

I can't even.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Jeeeeeezus. Is that really Peez? Is he sliding into cosplay in his dotage? :lol: :lol: :lol:

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I proudly culturally appropriate anything that I want, and them as don't like it can fuck a rabid weasel. I made black bean noodles for Koreans, and they liked it. I will steal any and all culinary techniques, recipes and foods that I enjoy, and feel no guilt. Every non-SJW person of any ethnicity I've cooked with has been very encouraging about sharing their culture.
Cook me a fucking macaroni pie.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

BarnOwl wrote:

I can't even.

You make my day, Barnowl. Thanks!! :D

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Ape+lust wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:

I can't even.

You make my day, Barnowl. Thanks!! :D
Somehow he's less creepy with a 'shooped nekkid body, than IRL with that freakin' crocheted Cthulhu mask and chibi cephalopod on his lap. :shock:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Can we get a definite SJ/Not SJ reading on Bora? I thought / think he is 'clear' despite being orepared to be bloggers in arms with FtB at a highish naive level.

His wife is roiling for a fight.

http://i.imgur.com/iwpiIpE.jpg

CaptainFluffyBunny

bhoytony wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I proudly culturally appropriate anything that I want, and them as don't like it can fuck a rabid weasel. I made black bean noodles for Koreans, and they liked it. I will steal any and all culinary techniques, recipes and foods that I enjoy, and feel no guilt. Every non-SJW person of any ethnicity I've cooked with has been very encouraging about sharing their culture.
Cook me a fucking macaroni pie.
Did you want the one with wee bits of sausage in it too?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:Can we get a definite SJ/Not SJ reading on Bora? I thought / think he is 'clear' despite being orepared to be bloggers in arms with FtB at a highish naive level.

His wife is roiling for a fight.

http://i.imgur.com/iwpiIpE.jpg
Now I'm confused. Must be the fever, Brigham.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

BarnOwl wrote: Somehow he's less creepy with a 'shooped nekkid body, than IRL with that freakin' crocheted Cthulhu mask and chibi cephalopod on his lap. :shock:
I know. I can't figure out what he's up to with the Garanimals ensemble, 'funny' buttons, and that jarring Luche Libre mask. If the effect he's going for is disquieting, then he nailed it.

Losing it, hard :lol: :lol:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

A good day on the Pit. Bbq porn and Ape / Jan.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bora was slated to present at the 2013 Ftb Conscience online thingie. But on "science communication" not "every man's a rapist".

So naive rather than tainted (in my mind).

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

bhoytony wrote:
comhcinc wrote: I had a not great 24 hour period. I decided I needed to drink something. I went with a low alcohol route. 5%. This is me being irresponsible responsible.

In lots of parts of the US you can get Aspell's, which is good. In WA state, the largest apple-producing polity in the world, you can get some GREAT boutique ciders like Tieton. Expensive, but fucking great. Also, you can get imported cidre de bouche for less than you pay in the UK. Apple lovers can rejoice, at least in the Pacific NW.

Also also, we used to call Blackthorn "nigger's dick" when I was at Uni.

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote:Bora was slated to present at the 2013 Ftb Conscience online thingie. But on "science communication" not "every man's a rapist".

So naive rather than tainted (in my mind).
More like a lamb to the slaughter. He must of thought he could hang with the vampires and as long as he was good they wouldn't bite him.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Has anyone linked to Carrier's Spiderman satire? It's stupidity delivered with a howitzer. The interesting bit, though, is the middle section:

http://imgur.com/drOfSVY.jpg

Yeah, he went there. I don't know if it was deliberate or if he's just getting weirder.

His poor Ex. For her sake, I hope she's ignoring him.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/carrier/archives/7884

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I don't know if it matters if he was anti-SJW or SJW. What's happened here is pretty shit. And I have to say that I notice a lot of autistic men seem to traipse obligingly into SJW-mindsets because they have awkward social interactions and assume everyone else does too.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Really? wrote:
Hey guyz. I was just smoking some crack and eating my cat's vomit when it occurred to me...

I think The Terminator franchise might be a reflection of humanity's struggle to remain in control as technology reaches the point where it can replace us...and outthink us.

Am I crazy, or does The Lion King share a lot of similarities with Hamlet?

Wow, you guyz. I think "Ring Around the Rosy" might be about the Black Plague.
I used to sing along to that nursery rhyme when I was a wee one and yes later ... much later I was informed that yes, it was about the Black Plague.
Ring around the rosy
A pocketful of posies
"Ashes, Ashes"
We all fall down

Ring-a-Ring o'Rosies
A Pocket full of Posies
"A-tishoo! A-tishoo!"
We all fall Down!
But then there are doubters as per this article
The link between the poem and plague is made after World War II and some consider the ties tenuous at best. The lack of evidence is the best evidence against the poem coming from the plague generation. Folklorists have traced the poem to the 18th century, but not before. They argue that if the poem went back 650 years, then there should be a written copy of it dating back to the period, or at least before George Washington’s time. Despite this, documentaries on the subject often recount the nursery rhyme and attribute it to the period.

Whether “Ring Around the Rosie” is about the plague or not, the poem matches the symptoms of the disease. The first three lines recount the disease’s progression. The final line represents death. It is fascinating that a children’s fairy tale may in fact have its origin in the worst pandemic in recorded history.
So that's that then. But I dinnae ken what you were all aboot wit Lion King and Terminator. Bally bampot sorners whit?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

rayshul wrote:I don't know if it matters if he was anti-SJW or SJW. What's happened here is pretty shit. And I have to say that I notice a lot of autistic men seem to traipse obligingly into SJW-mindsets because they have awkward social interactions and assume everyone else does too.
If they've been pushed into poverty, then something smells bad.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Lsuoma wrote:
rayshul wrote:I don't know if it matters if he was anti-SJW or SJW. What's happened here is pretty shit. And I have to say that I notice a lot of autistic men seem to traipse obligingly into SJW-mindsets because they have awkward social interactions and assume everyone else does too.
If they've been pushed into poverty, then something smells bad.
A blacklisting pretty much.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

BarnOwl wrote:PeeZus calls Amy Alkon's article about Bora "pushback against equality":
To recap the incident, Bora was widely recognized as an important gatekeeper to the online science writing community — he knew everyone, was a real activist in building communities and bringing diverse writers together, and was also widely liked. But that all came crashing down when it was discovered that he treated men and women differently, that women were subjected to uncomfortably sexual talk, and that maybe he wasn’t such a great community builder after all, if women were feeling reluctant and betrayed.

There were no legal issues. This was not brought to court. He is not currently in jail. All it was was that he was discovered to be biased in the execution of his work, and therefore wasn’t doing the job he was expected to do — so, like a dishwasher who does a poor job washing dishes, he lost his position as a community manager at Scientific American, and resigned from his position on the board of Science Online. This was right and appropriate — when you lose the trust of a community in a position that is all about the community, of course you should lose that position.
Note the comparison of Bora to a dishwasher.

Go on PeeZus, keep faffing around at Convergence and taking unflattering photos of the attendees … it's not as if you're going to get any research done this summer. Or ever.
Sometimes, I really wonder how people like PeeZuss can live with themselves. Seriously. How can you be so blissfully unaware of the consequences of your behavior and what it says to others about your character?

free thoughtpolice

Ape+lust wrote:Has anyone linked to Carrier's Spiderman satire? It's stupidity delivered with a howitzer. The interesting bit, though, is the middle section:

http://imgur.com/drOfSVY.jpg

Yeah, he went there. I don't know if it was deliberate or if he's just getting weirder.

His poor Ex. For her sake, I hope she's ignoring him.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/carrier/archives/7884
Not so much of a Freudian slip as a subconscious freefall.
If I had a buxom sugarmama, as long as she wasn't a nasty misandrist and she didn't flog me while i washed the dishes and cleaned out the cat box, and even told me I couldn't fuck other women, I would still say not a bad idea. He must definitely be having second thoughts.
It may turn out that he is living in a non air conditioned spot below Sacramento (HUD!) reminiscing about the happy days. He may be learning that going poly doesn't mean he is going to generally feel more satisfied.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Lsuoma wrote:If they've been pushed into poverty, then something smells bad.
And you have shitheads like Nerd insisting that part of his contrition should involve making a donation to feminist organizations.

Hope they take EBT.

Nerd, you suck. You're fun to laugh at sometimes, but today is not one of those days. Today you just suck.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:
Cabal wrote:There is a lot of below-the-line dissent at the Guardian, but equally you have a lot of constant complaining about how (in effect) the presence of dissenting views is simply *howwible* and ruins it completely for the right-thinking folk. And the moderation is biased as fuck, naturally, particularly on anything remotely smelling of feminism.
There's always plenty of pushback in the comments but it's from people who don't buy the rag so they don't care.

What kind of cunt actually buys The Guardian?

I wouldn't wipe my cock on it I'd just fucked a monkey.

Shatterface
*wave*

But that was many moons ago, and it was called the Manchester Guardian in those days. It was also the overseas subscription, not the full thing.

acathode

Post by acathode »

You monster! I bet when you read books you don't even bother keeping a tally of the authors to make sure you read enough books by PoCs, women, and various sexual minorities and don't overread on white, straight men!

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

If Zivkovic is being revisited, then Martin Robbins shouldn't be allowed to skate. That guy made himself grand inquisitor and cruelly bird-dogged Bora around the clock. He had this weirdly inflated notion of the importance of what he was doing, as if he thought he was divinely compelled. What he wrote went into British rags, and when he couldn't secure space there, he published on his blog. The rest of the time, he bashed Bora in scores of tweets a day. At the time, it seemed to me as if he trying to goad the man into suicide. He told Bora his atonement could only begin with him uprooting his family and moving to another state (as if that would make a whit of difference to a guy who worked online and got face time by flying to conferences!).

Robbins was a nasty fucking obsessive and should have to answer for his part in the Zivkovic's rotten circumstances.

http://imgur.com/BbbFhZj.png

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I've pinged Amy Alkon to see if there is anything she's doing for the Z. family that we might be able to help with.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Lsuoma wrote:I've pinged Amy Alkon to see if there is anything she's doing for the Z. family that we might be able to help with.
I think a fair few of us have asked now - I'm hoping something eventuates.

There are clearly a lot of concerned people and if nothing else, if they get $1000 or so to support their family for a little while it might be a load off.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The tail-end of a story I haven't told the rest-of, and might-never:

Up on a rooftop, awaiting fireworks, the SJW husband awkwardly & half-sincerely tried to bury the hatchet with me.

He said, "Women are awesome. We can at-least agree on that, right?"

I paused & shrugged & made a non-committal noise. I said, "Ehhhhhhn... Women fucking suck. But I still like them. MIsogyny is hatred of women. I don't hate 'em, I like 'em. Even tho they suck in many ways. I can agree to like them."

We shook. But half an hour later he had a panic attack during the fireworks & speed-stumbled home, like a frightened crab.
So he has other problems, unrelated to me.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Just as well Bora isn't a woman or we would be white knighting ....

http://i.imgur.com/F8fDuUq.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »