:cdc:

Easy J

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Easy J »

I was eating a beef pot pie upended over white rice while perusing the Pit. I almost spit a mouthful all over my chest (ricekakke?) when I saw that. I just cannot keep a straight face when reading that silly little man's words.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Took this shot around noon yesterday of a big ugly forest fire smoke cloud drifting in.
001.JPG
This without the smoke would be a cloudless beautiful blue sky. It got worse today.
Where is that?
I'm facing south from Comox on Vancouver Island, looking toward Vancouver. That fire was apparently the one near Pemberton, another fire, closer to here, near Sechelt added to the smoke today and we got some ash too.
Yep - it's been incredible. Here in Vancouverchuck it's like that everyday. Amazing sunsets, but wow, I've never seen it like this in my many years here. And it's only early July.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Took this shot around noon yesterday of a big ugly forest fire smoke cloud drifting in.
001.JPG
This without the smoke would be a cloudless beautiful blue sky. It got worse today.
Where is that?
I'm facing south from Comox on Vancouver Island, looking toward Vancouver. That fire was apparently the one near Pemberton, another fire, closer to here, near Sechelt added to the smoke today and we got some ash too.
Not too far from here then.

There have been a few fires on the eastern faces of the North Cascades, but here in King County we've been OK so far.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Ahhhhhhhh Greece!!!!!! Kudos for the courage of your populace, it is a rare thing to see....... Mostly when agitating against the banker run western crapolas people shit their pants at the idea of revolution. We saw it in Ireland, many times, from the pro treaty arse wipes of the free state, to the provos who never figured out the bit, that kicking the fucking brits off the island wasn't that revolutionary.

They people of greece are going to get fucked by the banktards as punishment, mainly because the cowardly whores that made up their last government, ensured that the bakers got to protect themselves from a possible greek default.

[youtube]gutJ23Ewxm8[/youtube]

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

This is not a gag - but the weather forecast from yesterday.

http://i.imgur.com/7RguQb8.jpg

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

One of the local culprits - the Pemberton fire.
http://i.imgur.com/tFWvKyn.jpg

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Damnit, I'm caught up again.

When the Carrier stuff started....I didn't want it to end. :(

Back later, gotta stock up on popcorn.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Easy J wrote:I was eating a beef pot pie upended over white rice while perusing the Pit.
I love you Easy J, and your comments. I feel we may be brethren.

Keep it easy dude.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Za-zen wrote:Ahhhhhhhh Greece!!!!!! Kudos for the courage of your populace, it is a rare thing to see....... Mostly when agitating against the banker run western crapolas people shit their pants at the idea of revolution. We saw it in Ireland, many times, from the pro treaty arse wipes of the free state, to the provos who never figured out the bit, that kicking the fucking brits off the island wasn't that revolutionary.

They people of greece are going to get fucked by the banktards as punishment, mainly because the cowardly whores that made up their last government, ensured that the bakers got to protect themselves from a possible greek default.

[youtube]gutJ23Ewxoutube]
Fuck them.

They have spent years living the high life off of the hard work of the rest of the EU. An entire nation of individuals with Government jobs, not paying their taxes, producing fuck all for themselves or anyone else, and then "retiring" at 55/60.

Fuck them all.

Couch

Post by Couch »

The Yeti wrote:I wonder if Stephanie Zvan stays up all night, unable to sleep, shaking with rage, anxiously wondering if every single comment on her low traffic blog is a slymepit troll?
She's up all night, all right. She's got lists, and lists require keeping, and they take curating.

I agree with the sentiments up and down this page. In another time and place she would've had people put up against a wall. Hardly a skerrick of doubt about that.

dogen

Post by dogen »

dog puke wrote:This is not a gag - but the weather forecast from yesterday.

http://i.imgur.com/7RguQb8.jpg
Au contraire, that looks like much gagging was involved.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

For the record, I'm not trying to shame Dr. Dick Carrier for his kinks and fetishes. To each xir own, as long as it's between consenting adults.

I'm just basking in the lulz resulting from his decision to announce it, unprompted and in detail, on Ophelia's blog. Amazing. :lol:

http://onlineinvestigations.com.au/wp-c ... 00x203.jpg

Couch

Post by Couch »

The Yeti wrote:Did Zvan just Avicenna the Reddit revolt storyline?
I think its awesome that Avicenna is now a Verb.

I'm sure Plagar was once just a lowly Athenian scribe, and now S/h/it's immortal.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

dogen wrote:
dog puke wrote:This is not a gag - but the weather forecast from yesterday.

[img.]http://i.imgur.com/7RguQb8.jpg[/img]
Au contraire, that looks like much gagging was involved.
Well, compared to the Dick Carrier Gagfest I might disagree, but under normal circumstances you have a valid point.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Easy J wrote:I was eating a beef pot pie upended over white rice while perusing the Pit.
I love you Easy J, and your comments. I feel we may be brethren.

Keep it easy dude.
Thanks. Will do.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Lsuoma wrote:
001.JPG
Where is that?
I use to live in Campbell River and my Mom and Step Dad lived north of Comox near Bates Beach.
I know a lot of people around there. It's a small world indeed.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

Looks like some of Carrier's fans have taken the initiative of updating his Wikipedia page...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special ... rd_Carrier

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Bourne Skeptic wrote:
I use to live in Campbell River and my Mom and Step Dad lived north of Comox near Bates Beach.
That's my hood (generally). If God existed it would be God's country! :drool: :drool:

edgehog

Post by edgehog »

CuntajusRationality wrote:For the record, I'm not trying to shame Dr. Dick Carrier for his kinks and fetishes. To each xir own, as long as it's between consenting adults.

I'm just basking in the lulz resulting from his decision to announce it, unprompted and in detail, on Ophelia's blog. Amazing. :lol:
For his sake, Richard Carrier better hope his behaviour is a symptom of full-blown bipolar disorder, because the excuse of a total Charlie Sheen style psychotic break from reality is the only thing that can even partly salvage his reputation now.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

dog puke wrote:One of the local culprits - the Pemberton fire.
Beautiful Twin-Two-Twelve there.

The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

Well, it looks like the whiny crybaby Taurus Moosa is already back on Twitter. He just couldn't sick the flounce. He is slowing his SJW stupidity, and sound like a second rate imitation of Full McIntosh. A sample:
[tweet]
/tweet]
[tweet]
[tweet]

And on and on in the same vain. What a fucking whiny, insufferable, twat he is.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Sulman wrote:
dog puke wrote:One of the local culprits - the Pemberton fire.
Beautiful Twin-Two-Twelve there.

It seems like this is a big problem. We really need to get on the ball and cut down all those trees so they can't catch fire and contribute to global warming.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

edgehog wrote:
CuntajusRationality wrote:For the record, I'm not trying to shame Dr. Dick Carrier for his kinks and fetishes. To each xir own, as long as it's between consenting adults.

I'm just basking in the lulz resulting from his decision to announce it, unprompted and in detail, on Ophelia's blog. Amazing. [emoji38]
For his sake, Richard Carrier better hope his behaviour is a symptom of full-blown bipolar disorder, because the excuse of a total Charlie Sheen style psychotic break from reality is the only thing that can even partly salvage his reputation now.
What if that's just who he is?

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Really? wrote:
I hope no one adds that he's polyamorous and has a semen fetish and isn't humiliated if in the course of events he gets another man's semen on him.
At least if hits him in the face.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Bourne Skeptic wrote:
That's my hood (generally). If God existed it would be God's country! :drool: :drool:
I loved it there in the summer, in the winter, not so much. To much rain and not enough sunshine for me, I'm used to Alberta, it may get colder in winter but we don't go 3 months without sunshine.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

The very first post I read of Carrier's that made me aware that he fired blanks rather than being actual artillery, was one where he argued that the sex trade should be as contentious as the food trade.

Seriously pause on that for a minute (I can't be arsed to find the link for it, and I never give them the page views anymore out of principle). The obvious flaws in this argument and potential for creating logical inconsistency vis parallel logic should spring forth easily, to anyone who has actually considered the issues. But no, not the arrogant half wit that is Carrier.

I firmly believe that adults should be free to do whatever the fuck they want with their own bodies. It's a fairly easy building block, which leaves little room for logical paradox. Carrier fucks up his sex positive position with feminist dogma, creating paradoxes galore. I shall stop now before I go full steers, but the logical warp fields he creates in that position are well worth discussing.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

The good Richard Carrier gets a mention in today's Salon article about the historicity of Jesus being questioned.

salon.com/2015/07/06/5_good_reasons_to_think_jesus_never_existed/

But how does that related to getting spunked in the face?

free thoughtpolice

Bourne Skeptic wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Bourne Skeptic wrote:
I loved it there in the summer, in the winter, not so much. To much rain and not enough sunshine for me, I'm used to Alberta, it may get colder in winter but we don't go 3 months without sunshine.
How long did you live here? Sounds like you hit a bad patch.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

[img]http://onlineinvestigations.com.au/wp-c ... rer-300xmg]
On Ophelia's blog!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing, right?

Ophelia!!!

The poor old prune has to deal with a cis het white male spunking his jizz all over her Blog of Purity.

Tut tut, Richard Carrier. Why did you feel the need to throw your jizz into the face of Mother Superior? Begone from this Nunnery, foul semen beast.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

This whole carrier at benson's reminders me of this scene.

[youtube]d921M-ACMM4[/youtube]

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Cunning Punt wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:So my catholic girlfriend is deeply offended and will probably drop me, over my statement that the crucifix is a symbol of torture. It seems a reasonable description to me. Obviously it is more than that, but the torturous death of Jesus on the cross seems to me to be a major aspect of the meaning in the symbol.

Well fuck.
That sucks - sorry to hear it; some people sure are sensitive if you challenge their deeply held beliefs (*cough nigger-cunt hypothesis *cough) .... But I agree on the symbol of torture - and that it is probably more than that. Maybe it provides a stark reminder of how Jesus supposedly sacrificed himself for all of humanity. "The heart has reasons that Reason knows nought of".
Thanks Steersman, although I'm going nowhere near he nigger/cunt argument....
No problemo. Your comment just provided, in passing, a target of opportunity, a chance to direct a needle at a few of the usual suspects. And which seems to have found its mark ... ;-)
Cunning Punt wrote:... except to say do you think your position is a deeply held belief of yours? You have defended it with almost religious zeal. No, I'm not getting into it with you ;)
:-) But good question. While I'll admit to at least being "tenacious" - I created a poll on the question several years ago, and some 14% agreed with my hypothesis - I still think the evidence is more on my side than on the con position. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that. Somewhat apropos of which, an article that I think deLurch linked to sometime back on how difficult it is frequently to get people to change their perceptions - which very frequently don't at all correspond to "reality", although the term is admittedly somewhat ephemeral.
Cunning Punt wrote:For my girlfriend her catholicism represents everything good about her upbringing. She had a mostly happy family life as a kid and is close (but not too close) to her family. She's not at all "religious". Hasn't been to Mass since Lent. Boy she likes a drink. But catholicism is like a surgical implant that you can't remove. Maybe like a pacemaker. You don't notice it's there but there's (almost) no removing it. I'm the first atheist she has ever met. What makes it worse is I am the organizer of the local atheist group.
Reminds me of a discussion that I had had sometime back on the ABCNews message board with a woman, an ex-Catholic, who was nominally atheist but who still found it difficult to fully cut the ties. I think she was less committed to the dogma than to the sense of community the Church provided.
Cunning Punt wrote:And as for the Noelplum quote, it was about the time I started here on the Pit. November 2012. Noelplum was still allowed on Pharyngula at that time, although he got booted not long after. It was about November or December 2012. It's probably been memory holed from Pharyngula.
I wouldn't be surprised if PZ had memory holed the comment as he seems to think that putting his head in the sand - or some other place where the sun don't shine - blots out the facts for everyone else.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Ewww. Steertler is back.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

comhcinc wrote:Ewww. Steertler is back.
:lol: http://i1347.photobucket.com/albums/p70 ... ad3d1b.jpg
Although I didn't actually leave ....

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

No, really. Ewwwww.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Za-zen wrote:The very first post I read of Carrier's that made me aware that he fired blanks rather than being actual artillery, was one where he argued that the sex trade should be as contentious as the food trade.

Seriously pause on that for a minute (I can't be arsed to find the link for it, and I never give them the page views anymore out of principle). The obvious flaws in this argument and potential for creating logical inconsistency vis parallel logic should spring forth easily, to anyone who has actually considered the issues. But no, not the arrogant half wit that is Carrier.

I firmly believe that adults should be free to do whatever the fuck they want with their own bodies. It's a fairly easy building block, which leaves little room for logical paradox. Carrier fucks up his sex positive position with feminist dogma, creating paradoxes galore. I shall stop now before I go full steers, but the logical warp fields he creates in that position are well worth discussing.
The general principle is one I agree with. Sex work should be legalized and regulated. It seems obvious to me the stigma associated with the profession would then be lessened, and shifted to the more specific problems like shady managers (pimps) and psychologically imbalanced employees.

free thoughtpolice

Not only is he back, he is even more back than usual :shock:

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Going to have to pull a regretta. Jett_lagg, as it's to early in the morning, and i'll have to read-read carrier's tripe to refresh myself on the actual bullshit he was spouting. \but i'll do a steers in the next day or so.

On an attached note, i want to coin a new pigeon hole. Anti-identatarian, an identatarian being someone who views a human being not as an individual but as a collage of pigeon holes. Saves me having to explain why I am in fact anti-feminist

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Correction, do a brive not a steers.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

A steers being a philosophical tome that forgets it's purpose after the first paragraph. Whereas a brive being an evidenced, partisan newclear strike carried out with extreme prdjudice

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

comhcinc wrote:This whole carrier at benson's reminders me of this scene.

[youtube]d921M-ACMM4[/youtube]
Cause the dinosaur went sploogie all over his face before going down on him?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Further to SZvan's fee fy fo fum rant about a sister getting ghe sack at Convergence.

http://i.imgur.com/W3Uuqib.jpg

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

My edit, my edit! my banana boat for an edit!

(Incidentally Dick never actually said that, and actually was quite defiant in the face of death, saying "treason treason!" Interesting battle to study, i have some pet hypothesis, one of which is that dick the third, was executed on the field rather than being killed in the actual melee.

To the edit/expansion of definition;

On an attached note, i want to coin a new pigeon hole. Anti-identatarian, an identatarian being someone who views a human being not as an individual but as a collage of pigeon holes. (each hole having an assumed value, the sum of the values used to determine the relative worth of the person's argument). Saves me having to explain why I am in fact anti-feminist

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Ophelia Benson has a lot of damn gall to fly that rainbow flag avatar next to her anti-sex-league stalinist bigotry.

That flag belongs to proud colon-caulkers and tit-slappers and rim-jobbers and splortch-splatterers.

USA! USA! USA! Love it or leave it, Granny. ISIS is always looking for a few good prudes.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3132/309 ... 78cc9d.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Za-zen wrote:A steers being a philosophical tome that forgets it's purpose after the first paragraph. Whereas a brive being an evidenced, partisan newclear strike carried out with extreme prdjudice
I suffer from having a blindingly fast mind shackled to a manifestly inadequate glass keyboard.

Or so I tell myself.

Actually, I have never ever been able to "see" words. Almost every time I spell something it's like the first time I've engaged with the word. Didn't stop me doing history at Uni and reading vociferously.

Weird that. Meh.

Couch

Post by Couch »

jet_lagg wrote:
Za-zen wrote:The very first post I read of Carrier's that made me aware that he fired blanks rather than being actual artillery, was one where he argued that the sex trade should be as contentious as the food trade.

The general principle is one I agree with. Sex work should be legalized and regulated. It seems obvious to me the stigma associated with the profession would then be lessened, and shifted to the more specific problems like shady managers (pimps) and psychologically imbalanced employees.
This.

There's strong consensus in the stats and literature about this.

When legalisation and regulation occur, the winners can include the sex workers, the health care system from reduced std/hiv infection and violence, and the government (often at local/municipal level) coffers - from licensing and compliance income as well as decreased expenditure on policing, prohibition, prosecution and incarceration.

The losers can include organised crime, people smugglers, corrupt public officials, and pimps who can't get a license to operate a brothel due to criminal history. A politician who supports legalisation and regulation can suffer electoral blow-back from conservatives, but also from some people who identify as progressive. There's also the fact that god might be wrathful and vengeful and send a tsunami - joking sort of, but don't underestimate how much potentially inciting a deity's wrath can weigh on these sorts of issues.

Here's a better-than-expected media report on some of these issues:

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/why-a ... on-2013-11

Anyway, you know the drill: Supporters point at the disinterested data; opposition is ideological, 'supported' by fringe-science and politicised academics.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

Not endorsed by Richard Carrier?! I would say that is a slap in the face, if not for the fact that I find it preferable to the alternative.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

jet_lagg wrote:

"Sexy Sex Sex!! (for Cash on the Barrel!)" - https://archive.is/ChFYb from 4/2012

According to this piece, Carrier was one of several FTB bloggers who posted pieces disagreeing with Nasreen's early FTB post "Sex Slavery must be abolished" in which she equated all kinds of sex work with sex slavery. From that came (in some order) Christina's post "Prostitution Is Not Slavery" and Nasreen's follow up with "Do Women Really ‘Choose’ to Be Prostitutes" plus posts by Reed & Crommunist.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Brive1987 wrote:
Za-zen wrote:A steers being a philosophical tome that forgets it's purpose after the first paragraph. Whereas a brive being an evidenced, partisan newclear strike carried out with extreme prdjudice
I suffer from having a blindingly fast mind shackled to a manifestly inadequate glass keyboard.

Or so I tell myself.

Actually, I have never ever been able to "see" words. Almost every time I spell something it's like the first time I've engaged with the word. Didn't stop me doing history at Uni and reading vociferously.

Weird that. Meh.
Well, you make up for it in being able to put together clear, visually appealing, concise-yet-detailed graphic images about complicated topics. So there.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Largely thanks to Captain Custard Cannon of the Intellectual Artillery, it has taken me nearly two hours to catch up.

What's just dawned on me is that Carrier is only a couple of years older than I am. If this is a glimpse of the future, please, you all have permission to shoot me.

And, Ape? When I saw Dread Peezthulu pop up at the bottom of that gif, I think I felt something tear in my abdomen. You brilliant muthafucka, you :clap:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Skep tickle wrote:
jet_lagg wrote: <snip>
"Sexy Sex Sex!! (for Cash on the Barrel!)" - https://archive.is/ChFYb from 4/2012

According to this piece, Carrier was one of several FTB bloggers who posted pieces disagreeing with Nasreen's early FTB post "Sex Slavery must be abolished" in which she equated all kinds of sex work with sex slavery. From that came (in some order) Christina's post "Prostitution Is Not Slavery" and Nasreen's follow up with "Do Women Really ‘Choose’ to Be Prostitutes" plus posts by Reed & Crommunist.
Maybe the estimable Dr. Carrier isn't totally beyond the pale? ;-) While he may not yet have "endorsed" the Pit, it would seem that several here, including yours truly, think that at least his position on prostitution is somewhat "endorsable". Somewhat apropos of which, some here might not yet have run across "Maggie McNeill" - AKA, The Honest Courtesan ("frank commentary from a retired call girl") - she has a number of posts speaking to that "Do Women Really Chose?" point, including a section of this recent one (whereat I've put my own oar into the water in support). She is a real going concern in the battle for sex-worker rights, although I'm not sure whether she's yet prepared to engage in the political activism that would make legalization a reality.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Benson can't resist turning the knife in the wound. Who would put up a nasty, passive-aggressive piece like that in the wake of Carrier's ill-fated expose? A nasty piece of work, that's who.

What Carrier got wrong wasn't that Benson is a sex-neg prude. It's that he implied she's a sex-neg prude publicly and was right about it, which only confirms my suspicion that Carrier has been operating under the assumption that he could get away with things by putting people in double binds. Ultimately, this is what has infuriated Benson. All that said, the story about the SM couple fits a common mold that describes Carrier to a T. All during Carrier's "coming out" as poly-a I've gotten the impression that he takes a certain delight in the iconoclastic shock value of it. It's no doubt a bolder, more adventurous style than his nerdy demeanor would suggest, probably something he takes particular pride in.

So basically, there's passive aggressive stick poking all around. No surprise...it's FtB, Jake.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Brive1987 wrote:A farewell post: Dec 14

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/oce ... -transfer/
It's somewhat ironic: in this system, you value minorities, you value women, you value the disadvantaged -- but you do not value people. Individuals are worthless, to be cast aside the moment you find something disagreeable in them.

and for what was all this? We lost a network. We lost voices who fought for us. We lost each other. We lost direction. We lost our actual main goal -- to communicate the wonders of science with the world. And to some extent, I think this has damaged our rapport as bloggers with both journalist as well a scientist communities. Not to mention the curious public looking at all this in bemused confusion.

We gained nothing
The bit I particularly like is:
Its somewhat ironic: in this system, you value minorities, you value women, you value the disadvantaged but you do not value people. Individuals are worthless, to be cast aside the moment you find something disagreeable in them.
Identitarianism in a nutshell.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Gefan wrote:When I saw Dread Peezthulu pop up at the bottom of that gif, I think I felt something tear in my abdomen. You brilliant muthafucka, you :clap:
Sorry, you triggered my Lovecraft-junkie circuits with that comment. Now this is playing on loop inside my skull...

[youtube]XxScTbIUvoA[/youtube]

Dude can sing!

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Skep tickle wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:

I have to say that Carrier's article isn't that bad. While jet_lagg's argument is much better, Carrier at least argues for bodily autonomy, freedom of choice, etc. Also,incidentally,when talking about pornography, he utterly demolishes basically all of Sarkeesian/McIntosh' arguments on the social influence of violence and sexism in video games:
Richard Carrier wrote:First, just because a fantasy is depicted, does not mean it is being endorsed or encouraged. This should be obvious from all other fantasy video media: the heroic depiction of the fictional serial killer Hannibal Lecter (particularly in the film Hannibal) is certainly not telling the audience to kill and eat people; action movies are not endorsing dangerous car chases and public gunfights; Dirty Harry is not supposed to inspire us to go on vigilante killing sprees. And, you may notice, it didn’t. Nor did Hannibal cause a rise in cannibalism. Nor have action films caused an epidemic of gunfights and car chases.

Fantasy has to be recognized and understood for what it is. Heroes in films get to do things we fantasize about but never do. Like shoot drug lords in the head. Or have lots of beautiful sexual partners. Or sleep with your husband’s secretary. Or get spanked until we cry. Or ejaculate on someone’s face. (As my sonar supervisor’s gun-toting wife once cheerfully said to me in my Coast Guard days, “That dear brave girl takes it in the eye, so I don’t have to!”)
(Although the "we'll never do" part isn't exactly true for "ejaculating on someone's face", at least not for Dickie...)

Anyway, pornography is a fantasy, just like all other forms of fiction, and so feminist critiques of those fantasies are merely opinions on fiction, not ethical theories on reality. Prostitution, if it's a free choice, is just another job: a service done freely in exchange of payment.

Only authoritarian busybodies with an ideological or religious background disagree. They'll all people who think they know better about other people's choices than the people themselves. Ultimately it's all about the authoritarian arrogance of the Moral Guardians to choose what's Right and what's Wrong, not simply considering what's actually harming someone else's body, reputation or livelihood without their consent and what instead is wanted and accepted by the adults who take part in it.

Moral Guardians see other adult people as either defenseless victims or disgusting predators and ride on their white horse to right wrongs and save damsels. Reality is much different.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Anyone notice how it's party line that Hunt wasn't fired from anything 'cause his posts were honoury.

Whereas the convergence chick, according to Zvan (as well as her own account) was fired, canned, dismissed, had her desk burnt etc etc.

Despite being a volunteer.

Ok.

http://i.imgur.com/K84ow3w.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Skep tickle wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Or so I tell myself.

Weird that. Meh.
Well, you make up for it in being able to put together clear, visually appealing, concise-yet-detailed graphic images about complicated topics. So there.
:oops: :oops: :D