Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Suet Cardigan

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Tigzy wrote:Zvanatee has a whole post up about that troll who posted, er, one message on her Convergence post. Be both amused and appalled at the final part of the piece, where she links to Cunning Punt's sociopathic overview of her character and proceeds to take it as a compliment.

Also, check out Oolon in the comments:
I wonder if any of these anti-“SJW” types will ever manage a realistic fake.
Well one of them was realistic enough to end up as a BlockBot admin, Ools. Remember that? :lol:

http://www.freezepage.com/1436279716SRCTHTNDUW
Projection.png
(16.91 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
Yep, we're the ones who manufacture outrage.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

Really? wrote:Hi, Zvanatee! When you were young and thought your life would amount to something, did you ever imagine you'd end up friends with a dribbling lapdog like Oolon?

Have fun being a liar!
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/ima ... 791559.jpg
(presumably this is by one of our own?)

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
comhcinc wrote:This whole carrier at benson's reminders me of this scene.

[youtube]d921M-ACMM4[/youtube]
Cause the dinosaur went sploogie all over his face before going down on him?
Anyone else annoyed that the camera pulls back to being outside of the jeep at the end of the clip, making it impossible to see what Dennis is doing with his toes as the dinosaur eats him?

Really?

Post by Really? »

Hey, Zvanatee, can you inform Nerd of Redhead that he has severe intellectual disabilities? Try explaining it with some action figures or something.

From Mended Drum:

They're talking about the Women's World Cup.

Tom Weiss isn't sure that Title IX contributed to the US winning. Nerd won't allow that to stand.
Nerd of Redhead, Dances OM Trolls
7 July 2015 at 6:38 am
I just don’t think Title IX was one of those factors.
Any evidence to back up that assertion? Because the null hypothesis is that it is/was a factor.
Rossignol
7 July 2015 at 8:13 am
Because the null hypothesis is that it is/was a factor.
Why? Shouldn’t the null hypothesis be that there isn’t a relationship between two things unless there’s evidence otherwise?
7 July 2015 at 8:56 am
Shouldn’t the null hypothesis be that there isn’t a relationship between two things unless there’s evidence otherwise?
Simple, title 9 has been the law since 1972. The US women’s soccer team didn’t become competitive until after that.
Here it comes...
Tom Weiss
7 July 2015 at 9:05 am
Simple, title 9 has been the law since 1972. The US women’s soccer team didn’t become competitive until after that.
Lol, the US women’s soccer team didn’t exist in 1972. FIFA’s Women’s World Cup was founded in 1991. Women’s soccer became an Olympic sport in 1996.
So I guess technically you’re right…the US Women’s team wasn’t comtetitive before 1972…
http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5w33 ... o1_500.gif

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

paddybrown wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:A farewell post: Dec 14

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/oce ... -transfer/
It's somewhat ironic: in this system, you value minorities, you value women, you value the disadvantaged -- but you do not value people. Individuals are worthless, to be cast aside the moment you find something disagreeable in them.

and for what was all this? We lost a network. We lost voices who fought for us. We lost each other. We lost direction. We lost our actual main goal -- to communicate the wonders of science with the world. And to some extent, I think this has damaged our rapport as bloggers with both journalist as well a scientist communities. Not to mention the curious public looking at all this in bemused confusion.

We gained nothing
The bit I particularly like is:
Its somewhat ironic: in this system, you value minorities, you value women, you value the disadvantaged but you do not value people. Individuals are worthless, to be cast aside the moment you find something disagreeable in them.
Identitarianism in a nutshell.
The first commenter there is someone called Greg T Laden.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

If anyone needs their drum mended, it's Nerd.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Zvan is the prison camp commandant from SEVEN BEAUTIES. I thought we'd sorted this out long ago.
So basically she's the SJW equivalent of Ilse Kock, the Beast of Buchenwald (the real life inspiration for that character).
Wikipedia wrote:At the age of 15 she [Ilse Koch] entered an accountancy school. Later, she went to work as a bookkeeping clerk.
:(

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Nerd thinks "evidence" and "skepticism" mean using reason-y and science-y words to present your gut feeling (however illogical or poorly informed) as indisputable fact, and to discredit on a whim ideas you don't instinctively like (however logical or well-informed) without having to actually think about them.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-york/ny ... 1.10617375

"New York state's private colleges and universities will soon have a new, affirmative sexual consent policy to combat campus sexual violence.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo plans to sign the measure into law Tuesday at New York University...."

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

CuntajusRationality wrote:
Really? wrote:Hi, Zvanatee! When you were young and thought your life would amount to something, did you ever imagine you'd end up friends with a dribbling lapdog like Oolon?

Have fun being a liar!
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/ima ... 791559.jpg
(presumably this is by one of our own?)
That was by Gumby. I pissed myself when that first came out. Where'd he go?

Billie from Ockham

Guestus Aurelius wrote:Nerd thinks "evidence" and "skepticism" mean using reason-y and science-y words to present your gut feeling (however illogical or poorly informed) as indisputable fact, and to discredit on a whim ideas you don't instinctively like (however logical or well-informed) without having to actually think about them.
As an ardent follower of Nerdism, I ask you, sir, to shut the fuck up. The null hypothesis is whatever I happen to believe on the topic and alpha is being reduced to zero because Type II errors are evil.

Billie from Ockham

If I had an edit button, the above would mention Type I errors, instead, Unfortunately, the null hypothesis is that I will never have a working edit button.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

debaser71 wrote:http://www.newsday.com/news/new-york/ny ... 1.10617375

"New York state's private colleges and universities will soon have a new, affirmative sexual consent policy to combat campus sexual violence.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo plans to sign the measure into law Tuesday at New York University...."
This is yet another example of a law that looks good on paper but is going to cause a clusterfuck of issues in practice.

What exactly does constitute an "affirmative consent"? Does body language count?

How can people prove there has or hasn't been an "affirmative consent"? If someone says that there was, and someone says that there wasn't, who is presumed to be in the right?

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Goddamn I am so happy to already be done with college and settled into a monogamous relationship. I recommend all young man have a healthy hooked fund and a litigious mind if they're to thrive in this new environment

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Billie from Ockham wrote:If I had an edit button, the above would mention Type I errors, instead, Unfortunately, the null hypothesis is that I will never have a working edit button.
Can you show, using sexual harassment training that you support a working edit button? If not I suggest you fade into the bandwith, and shut the fuck up and listen to the women, opinion,evidence, etc, etc etc..........

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

Kirbmarc wrote:

This is yet another example of a law that looks good on paper but is going to cause a clusterfuck of issues in practice.

What exactly does constitute an "affirmative consent"? Does body language count?

How can people prove there has or hasn't been an "affirmative consent"? If someone says that there was, and someone says that there wasn't, who is presumed to be in the right?
You may not have been aware of this, but Steersman has the perfect solution to this problem: the anti-rape iPhone app.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Really? wrote:Hey, Zvanatee, can you inform Nerd of Redhead that he has severe intellectual disabilities? Try explaining it with some action figures or something.

From Mended Drum:

They're talking about the Women's World Cup.

Tom Weiss isn't sure that Title IX contributed to the US winning. Nerd won't allow that to stand.
7 July 2015 at 6:38 am
I just don’t think Title IX was one of those factors.
Any evidence to back up that assertion? Because the null hypothesis is that it is/was a factor.
Rossignol
7 July 2015 at 8:13 am
Because the null hypothesis is that it is/was a factor.
Why? Shouldn’t the null hypothesis be that there isn’t a relationship between two things unless there’s evidence otherwise?
7 July 2015 at 8:56 am
Shouldn’t the null hypothesis be that there isn’t a relationship between two things unless there’s evidence otherwise?
Here it comes...
Tom Weiss
7 July 2015 at 9:05 am
Lol, the US women’s soccer team didn’t exist in 1972. FIFA’s Women’s World Cup was founded in 1991. Women’s soccer became an Olympic sport in 1996.
So I guess technically you’re right…the US Women’s team wasn’t comtetitive before 1972…
For what you have posted it looks like the discussion is something along the lines that the U.S.'s dominance in Women's Soccer may be partly because of Title IX. If that is the case then Nerd could be right in that the long term effects of Title IX could be a important factor in that. Not only for the current players but because they might have access to a system that was put in place in the 70s, long before other countries had such programs in play. He is also right to state that since that was one of the objectives of Title IX it would be nice to maybe provide some evidence why that isn't happening.

He doesn't do a very good job of explaining his point and I know we are not giving to be charitable to these asshats but it doesn't look like this is the best example of stupidity that there is.

Then again I could be completely wrong.

Billie from Ockham

Oglebart wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:If I had an edit button, the above would mention Type I errors, instead, Unfortunately, the null hypothesis is that I will never have a working edit button.
Can you show, using sexual harassment training that you support a working edit button? If not I suggest you fade into the bandwith, and shut the fuck up and listen to the women, opinion,evidence, etc, etc etc..........
There is nothing inherently wrong with edit-work and my training as an editor has shown me that edit-shaming is something bad, such as misogyny or over-sharing. The days of American editing being limited to double-wides in the desert outside Las Vegas are coming to an end. Polyeditism is taking over. Ask any of my editing partners (of which there are too many to name). The look on/of your face when I'm done editing is a deliberate tour of something-or-other.

I ... can't ... even

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Kirbmarc wrote: How can people prove there has or hasn't been an "affirmative consent"? If someone says that there was, and someone says that there wasn't, who is presumed to be in the right?
Nerd.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Further to SZvan's fee fy fo fum rant about a sister getting ghe sack at Convergence.

http://i.imgur.com/W3Uuqib.jpg
Maybe she got fired for tweeting on the job.
Perhaps her boss was for the Horde!

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Kirbmarc wrote:

You may not have been aware of this, but Steersman has the perfect solution to this problem: the anti-rape iPhone app.
Sadly I was all too aware of it ;) . Steersman' "solution" is not only pretty intrusive and a huge privacy issue (who surveils the people in charge of the database?) only makes things even more complicated. People can claim that the consent to the app was a product of force. People will have to keep their phones powered and functioning at all times or risk to be blamed as rapists. To say nothing about people hacking the system.

I'm surprised he hasn't suggested body cams for all college students, or even for the entire population..

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

John D wrote: No wonder engineering pays so well... it's because most of you are fucking idiots.
Isn't there a positive correlation between being an engineer and being a creationist?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Salem_Hypothesis

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Kirbmarc wrote:

Steers, that was beautiful. And you aren't kidding, are you? Stupid question. Of course you aren't. Bravo.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

NoGodsEver wrote:
John D wrote: No wonder engineering pays so well... it's because most of you are fucking idiots.
Isn't there a positive correlation between being an engineer and being a creationist?

There are two hypothesis there: the first is that most creationists who claim to be scientists are engineers, the other is that engineers tend to have a creationist mindset. There's plenty of evidence for the first claim, much less for the second one.

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

comhcinc wrote: For what you have posted it looks like the discussion is something along the lines that the U.S.'s dominance in Women's Soccer may be partly because of Title IX. If that is the case then Nerd could be right in that the long term effects of Title IX could be a important factor in that. Not only for the current players but because they might have access to a system that was put in place in the 70s, long before other countries had such programs in play. He is also right to state that since that was one of the objectives of Title IX it would be nice to maybe provide some evidence why that isn't happening.

He doesn't do a very good job of explaining his point and I know we are not giving to be charitable to these asshats but it doesn't look like this is the best example of stupidity that there is.

Or it could be that the US has almost 3 times the population pool that Japan has and puts piles of money and support into amateur and varsity-level sports development whereas Japan frowns on women doing anything fun after they leave high school unless they get paid for it.

But I too could be completely wrong. :D

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Kirbmarc wrote:

"Affirmative consent" is something authoritarians have been looking for for ever: a form of words that appears to justify abandoning innocent until proven guilty and put the burden of proof on the accused. It is evil.

However, the defence to any accusation under this law seems obvious to me: "can you prove you got my affirmative consent?"

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

An overview of Spoogegate by Pharyngulite Brony:

So yes, discuss it as far as Ms. Benson will allow. But remember that while Mr. Carrier’s behavior is threatening to some feminist goals the situation is more complicated because he is “one of us” in FTB terms. The people close to Hunt also need to take similar steps as people like us take on the duty of shaming his behavior (everyone should be able to do this but I’m getting close to utopian as it is). This does not mean we don’t shame that behavior (or associated beliefs). It does mean that as people with social access to Mr. Carrier we should create ways of solving the problem that keep him an active member of this community.
A slightly roundabout way of saying "it's OK when we do it".

free thoughtpolice

A slightly roundabout way of saying "it's OK when we do it"?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

blitzem wrote:
comhcinc wrote: For what you have posted it looks like the discussion is something along the lines that the U.S.'s dominance in Women's Soccer may be partly because of Title IX. If that is the case then Nerd could be right in that the long term effects of Title IX could be a important factor in that. Not only for the current players but because they might have access to a system that was put in place in the 70s, long before other countries had such programs in play. He is also right to state that since that was one of the objectives of Title IX it would be nice to maybe provide some evidence why that isn't happening.

Or it could be that the US has almost 3 times the population pool that Japan has and puts piles of money and support into amateur and varsity-level sports development whereas Japan frowns on women doing anything fun after they leave high school unless they get paid for it.

Will I get things thrown at me if I point out that a lot of credit for women's varsity level sports is due to Title IX regulations?

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice wrote:An overview of Spoogegate by Pharyngulite Brony:

So yes, discuss it as far as Ms. Benson will allow. But remember that while Mr. Carrier’s behavior is threatening to some feminist goals the situation is more complicated because he is “one of us” in FTB terms. The people close to Hunt also need to take similar steps as people like us take on the duty of shaming his behavior (everyone should be able to do this but I’m getting close to utopian as it is). This does not mean we don’t shame that behavior (or associated beliefs). It does mean that as people with social access to Mr. Carrier we should create ways of solving the problem that keep him an active member of this community.
archive link?

It's hilarious that Brony is already planning Carrier's re-education.

free thoughtpolice

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

which of you semen fetishists is this?

Parody Accountant

feathers wrote:If Zvan has carbon stored somewhere, it's in here:
http://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/molec ... _2.img.jpg
Pretty sure this was a soft-death threat.

That's poison!

Parody Accountant

Tigzy wrote:LOL!
BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAH

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:https://archive.is/Te0TN

Comment #22
Brony, Social Justice Cenobite wrote:In addition this is precisely the situation that people like the ‘pit look for in order to engage in sociopolitical aggression. That was why Ms. Benson was confused by Avery Whitman and Judith Tollofson. When your enemies are fighting you engage in actions to make the fight worse or harm the opponent you are the most concerned by. I’m not suggesting that you or anyone is a convert sociopolitical aggressor, but pointing out that such people would love to keep the non-literal, content-less emotionally laden content the actual message.
Comments are "sociopolitical aggression"! :lol:
Brony, Social Justice Cenobite wrote:So yes, discuss it as far as Ms. Benson will allow. But remember that while Mr. Carrier’s behavior is threatening to some feminist goals the situation is more complicated because he is “one of us” in FTB terms
IT'S WHEN THEY DO IT. THEY ADMIT IT WITH NO SHAME!

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

Za-zen wrote:The SJW position on sex work relies on the flawed philosophy of dualism, wherein the person and their body are separate. The body and "person" are not separate, the person is an emergent property of the physical body, that is why the notion that you are "renting the sex workers body not them" is utterly nonsense. When exchanging cash for sex, you are purchasing that person for a period of time. This is fundamentally different from hiring other services from a person, such as a chef, food server, barman, cheeseburger flipper. The service provision is in fact separate from the person in those instances, the product, a cheeseburger is not an integral part of the human body in any anatomical study.
Just playing devil's advocate here...

What about hiring someone as a personal trainer? Or massage therapist? Or personal yoga instructor? Or hiring a model to sit for a portrait? What about professional athletes? In those examples, and many others, provision of the service cannot be separated from the person, and they are not (necessarily) delivering a tangible product that is somehow separate and distinct from the human body.

My point is that I'm not sure that [is the service provision separate from the person; is the product separate and distinct from the human body] is a useful criterion to use here. But maybe I'm just not understanding your point.
I'm with you, I think.

Prostitution isn't like buying burgers because when you buy a burger the seller has one less burger. It's a transferable property in both senses of the word property.

Prostitution is performing a service. You don't own the person, even for a short time. You pay them for performing that service, like a masseur or an actor.

The mistake is to see the body as a property. Your body doesn't belong to you, it is you.

It's certainly not transferable unless you get roofied by organ leggers and wake up in a hotel room in a bath of ice cubes.

Shatterface

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

jet_lagg wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:[.quote="debaser71"]http://www.newsday.com/news/new-york/ny ... 1.10617375

Gov. Andrew Cuomo plans to sign the measure into law Tuesday at New York University...."[/.quote]

Steers, that was beautiful. And you aren't kidding, are you? Stupid question. Of course you aren't. Bravo.
Thanks. And to CuntajusRationality for the plug, although I wouldn't call it the "perfect" solution.
I suppose the process of acceptance will pass through the usual four stages:
(i) this is worthless nonsense;
(ii) this is an interesting, but perverse, point of view;
(iii) this is true, but quite unimportant;
(iv) I always said so.
;-)
More or less.

But while I expect the idea has a limited degree of applicability - less in long-term relationships than in one-night-stands, I still think there's enough of a market to justify the development of the product - maybe I should set up a GoFundMe? :-) And I have run the idea past a few sex-workers, including Maggie McNeill [The Honest Courtesan], who thought it had some possibilities, although she wasn't much impressed with the idea, which I've modified, that it would be the government who held onto the data.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

... sez the perv who fucks stuffed animals.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote:You forget I had her rank pegged a while back.
:lol: :lol:

Hee! Zvan puts a lot of time into cultivating grandiose personas, characters she'd love you to believe are the real her. One of her favorites is cold, deceptive, dangerous; a ruthlessly implacable foe.

So, a Pitter calls her "scary" and she plays it cool: no, no, the word you want is "effective". As if that can mask the sound of her happydance breaking furniture.

http://imgur.com/5x9Mong.png

Zvan IS scary.

No, not really. But after she's wasted everyone's time time telling them exactly that, it's fucking stupid for her to play it off now.

http://imgur.com/o2O3Ugd.png

http://imgur.com/BZH3KxB.png

It always amazes me that this is a grown-ass middle aged woman :shock:

feathers

Post by feathers »

Really? wrote:Sasha Grey is pretty hot...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ZQw9WfByAf4/U ... FOTO+2.JPG
I don't think I'd particularly like throat gagging, but if Ms Grey commands it, who am I to deny her the pleasure?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Eichmann & Heydrich were both highly intelligent.

Zvan is the prison camp commandant from SEVEN BEAUTIES. I thought we'd sorted this out long ago.
Oh yes, that was the reason I watched the film.
Pretty good, you'd almost say the maker of La vita è bella was inspired by it.

John D

Post by John D »

Kirbmarc wrote:
NoGodsEver wrote:

There are two hypothesis there: the first is that most creationists who claim to be scientists are engineers, the other is that engineers tend to have a creationist mindset. There's plenty of evidence for the first claim, much less for the second one.
It is my experience (and I have worked with hundreds of engineers), that many engineers are very socially conservative. They also tend to follow intuitive rules for solving problems. I think this leads to a certain type of person liking engineering and also supporting creationism. I am a political moderate by most measures, but I am usually the most liberal guy in a room full of engineers.

And really.... engineers are not scientists.

science is a method of turning money into knowledge.

engineering is a method of turning knowledge into money.

They are very different things.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: <snip>

Sadly I was all too aware of it ;) . Steersman's "solution" is not only pretty intrusive and a huge privacy issue (who surveils the people in charge of the database?) only makes things even more complicated. People can claim that the consent to the app was a product of force. People will have to keep their phones powered and functioning at all times or risk to be blamed as rapists. To say nothing about people hacking the system.
:-) Pays to advertise .... But if you'd actually read my post then you might have noted that I had addressed, maybe somewhat too briefly, the question of privacy by suggesting a system of multiple keys - similar to bank safety-deposit boxes which requires two keys, one from the bank and one from the customer, to provide access. Except that in the iPhone App there would be at least 3 keys, 2 of which are required to provide access: one for each of the parties to the "transaction", and one for the Internet Service Provider who would be holding the data. In which case, in the event of a charge of rape, or a false accusation thereof, one of the parties would provide their key, and the ISP would be contractually obliged to provide their key which would, more or less, decide the matter.

No doubt there are a few flies in the ointment, a few devils in the details, but the basic mechanism of security seems quite workable. And I've even written a program to illustrate that if any are interested.
Kirbmarc wrote:I'm surprised he hasn't suggested body cams for all college students, or even for the entire population..
I'm surprised you haven't noticed the increased prevalence of dash-cams - great for proof in cases of accidents, "nanny-cams", and cop-cams. Maybe the benefits in the case of "the entire population" wouldn't justify the costs, but in many other cases, subsets of the entire population, it seems likely or evident that it would.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Really? wrote:

archive link?

It's hilarious that Brony is already planning Carrier's re-education.
BTW, love that last sentence in your .sig!

feathers

Post by feathers »

comhcinc wrote:So is everyone thinking about what Guestus wrote or wanking it to the picture I posted? :think:
Yeah and thanks for that, now it's gone in hiding as if I've been swimming in ice water.

Have you ever considered becoming counsellor for sufferers of compulsive masturbation? I swear they'd stop after two sessions of Comhcinc Conditioningâ„¢.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Ape+lust wrote:
...Zvan IS scary.
Only when naked.

Delusions of grandeur run strong among the baboons, but Zvan may be the most out-to-lunch (I'm thinking some sort of pasta, with cheesecake for dessert) of the lot.
This is a woman who is at least trying to convince herself that she's a Bond villainess. An irresistible, yet deadly genius.
This is the pudgy, Karl Rove in-a-wig, pile of resentments that thinks men believe they are "entitled" to her body.

Stephalump,listen up. I may have lived what has been (especially early on) a fairly questionable life, but I have never done anything remotely bad enough to entitle me to your body.

free thoughtpolice

So Steers; are you saying that personal interactions including sex should be video taped and archived? :doh:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

feathers wrote:
comhcinc wrote:So is everyone thinking about what Guestus wrote or wanking it to the picture I posted? :think:
Yeah and thanks for that, now it's gone in hiding as if I've been swimming in ice water.

Have you ever considered becoming counsellor for sufferers of compulsive masturbation? I swear they'd stop after two sessions of Comhcinc Conditioningâ„¢.

So you are saying that after you compulsivly masturbated to that picture you are now having an issue finding your penis? :think: :think: :think:

You might need more fiber in your diet.

http://i.imgur.com/KI4wJPn.jpg

Shatterface as Guest

John D wrote:There are two hypothesis there: the first is that most creationists who claim to be scientists are engineers, the other is that engineers tend to have a creationist mindset. There's plenty of evidence for the first claim, much less for the second one.
It is my experience (and I have worked with hundreds of engineers), that many engineers are very socially conservative. They also tend to follow intuitive rules for solving problems. I think this leads to a certain type of person liking engineering and also supporting creationism. I am a political moderate by most measures, but I am usually the most liberal guy in a room full of engineers.

They are very different things.[/quote]

Is this a US thing because I've never met either an engineer or a scientist who believes in creationism?

Shatterface

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Kirbmarc wrote:
NoGodsEver wrote:

John D wrote: It is my experience (and I have worked with hundreds of engineers), that many engineers are very socially conservative. They also tend to follow intuitive rules for solving problems. I think this leads to a certain type of person liking engineering and also supporting creationism. I am a political moderate by most measures, but I am usually the most liberal guy in a room full of engineers.

Unless they wear the wrong shirt?

Oh... you are talking about engineers. Sorry, as a non-engineer I am a fucking idiot.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:So Steers; are you saying that personal interactions including sex should be video taped and archived? :doh:

Just pretend I am not here.
http://www.mrmartinweb.com/images/camer ... etamax.jpg

Shatterface as Guest

free thoughtpolice wrote:So Steers; are you saying that personal interactions including sex should be video taped and archived? :doh:
No fucking way the battery in my iPhone is going to last till sexy time.

In any case Apple will start adding shit you don't want on to the app, like Sex Genius where it feeds your performance into a database and makes inappropriate suggestions about where else you might want to stick your dick.

It would be like carrying a mini Carrier around with you.

Shatterface

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:
John D wrote:There are two hypothesis there: the first is that most creationists who claim to be scientists are engineers, the other is that engineers tend to have a creationist mindset. There's plenty of evidence for the first claim, much less for the second one.

Is this a US thing because I've never met either an engineer or a scientist who believes in creationism?

Shatterface[/quote]

Look at my original link, or Google 'Salem hypothesis'. It's sort of a thing.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:
John D wrote:]

Shatterface
As a guy living for a good bit of my life in one of the aerospace hubs of the world I can confirm that many engineers in the US are creationist but I don't think many are young earth creationist.

feathers

Post by feathers »

comhcinc wrote:For what you have posted it looks like the discussion is something along the lines that the U.S.'s dominance in Women's Soccer may be partly because of Title IX. If that is the case then Nerd could be right in that the long term effects of Title IX could be a important factor in that. Not only for the current players but because they might have access to a system that was put in place in the 70s, long before other countries had such programs in play. He is also right to state that since that was one of the objectives of Title IX it would be nice to maybe provide some evidence why that isn't happening.
Nonsense, because Title IX relates to education opportunities and footballers have no education 'cause they were on the street, playing football.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Gefan wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
...Zvan IS scary.
Only when naked.

Delusions of grandeur run strong among the baboons, but Zvan may be the most out-to-lunch (I'm thinking some sort of pasta, with cheesecake for dessert) of the lot.
This is a woman who is at least trying to convince herself that she's a Bond villainess. An irresistible, yet deadly genius.
This is the pudgy, Karl Rove in-a-wig, pile of resentments that thinks men believe they are "entitled" to her body.

Stephalump,listen up. I may have lived what has been (especially early on) a fairly questionable life, but I have never done anything remotely bad enough to entitle me to your body.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's BRUTAL... and my new bedtime story :D

http://imgur.com/Gt345za.jpg

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

comhcinc wrote:
blitzem wrote:

Will I get things thrown at me if I point out that a lot of credit for women's varsity level sports is due to Title IX regulations?
Nah, I would never hold it against you for pointing out that The Patriarchy is responsible for "allowing" teh womyns to have equal footing back in the 70s and thus all success by women in sports is due to men. :mrgreen:

Nor would I be so unscrupulous as to point out the tenuous parallel between that and the mid-80s faux pas by Jimmy the Greek when he said "that the reason black are good at sports...", etc. etc.

(I am only joking. It's too bad they needed a quota system, but it helped for sure.)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

No, certainly not all of them - just some of them depending on the circumstances and conditions. You might take a look at these links on nanny-cams, on cop-cams (and here), and dash-cams.

A growth industry, something to invest in?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

feathers wrote:
comhcinc wrote:For what you have posted it looks like the discussion is something along the lines that the U.S.'s dominance in Women's Soccer may be partly because of Title IX. If that is the case then Nerd could be right in that the long term effects of Title IX could be a important factor in that. Not only for the current players but because they might have access to a system that was put in place in the 70s, long before other countries had such programs in play. He is also right to state that since that was one of the objectives of Title IX it would be nice to maybe provide some evidence why that isn't happening.
Nonsense, because Title IX relates to education opportunities and footballers have no education 'cause they were on the street, playing football.
https://modernfatheronline.files.wordpr ... r-meme.jpg

John D

Post by John D »

dog puke wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

John D wrote: It is my experience (and I have worked with hundreds of engineers), that many engineers are very socially conservative. They also tend to follow intuitive rules for solving problems. I think this leads to a certain type of person liking engineering and also supporting creationism. I am a political moderate by most measures, but I am usually the most liberal guy in a room full of engineers.

Unless they wear the wrong shirt?

Oh... you are talking about engineers. Sorry, as a non-engineer I am a fucking idiot.
Ummmm... you do realize I was joking about the idiot thing... right?

Not sure how this turned into a discussion of Doctor (dumb-ass) Girlie-shirt.... Whatever the fuck his name is.... but okay. We can go there if you want.