AndrewV69

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by AndrewV69 »

Couch wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
There is a solution to "scary" people. This is one of them:

[.img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ght%29.jpg[/img]

See? Not so scary after that. Right?
I'm either misunderstanding this, or you're a bit of a fucking tool. Be assured I'm leaning firmly towards the former :(
Perhaps the latter after you read this?

Recall that Zvan saw herself apparently as a "scary"person? I was actually riffing on the theme of Zvan as an abusive prison camp guard prior to that. I have no difficulty seeing Zvan as doing her duty in that sense with relish. Well, some of those guards paid in the end.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Pitchguest wrote:If Sulman's making the kind of reference I think he's making, probably about 90% of the 'Pit won't pick up on it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't worry about it.

I wasn't worried about it. Earlier tonight I tweeted out I wouldn't make jokes if I wasn't able to take heat from them. I mean I am not Steerlter.

If he was referring to that tweet it was a good rib.

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

Skep tickle wrote:As penance, here's a morsel for everyone else:
https://twitter.com/uberfeminist/status ... 9679554560
I had always just assumed that Lauren was a flamebaiter/troll/Poe (whichever applies most correctly) judging by how over-the-top her tweets were. Sort of the anti-Godfrey, who is sublime-trolling personified. To this end, I just thought Lauren had completely suckered Suey into being friends. Guess not.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Skep tickle wrote:As penance, here's a morsel for everyone else:
https://twitter.com/uberfeminist/status ... 9679554560
Couldn't happen to nicer people. Lauren (inventor of the #GiveYourMoneyToWomen and #GiveWomenYourMoney tags) calling somebody else sociopathic is a bit fucking rich like.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum - crocodiles force cancellation of Townsville swim.

You'll be safe if you stay in the pub.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

Couch wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a4/Biskupia_Gorka_executions_-_14_-_Barkmann%2C_Paradies%2C_Becker%2C_Klaff%2C_Steinhoff_%28left_to_right%29.jpg

I'm either misunderstanding this, or you're a bit of a fucking tool. Be assured I'm leaning firmly towards the former :(
Relax. It is just a photo of a few people hanging out.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biskupia_Górka

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Do any of you know who Limmy is?
https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy
He's a pretty funny, sorto-of-famous Scottish bloke who is having a social justice awakening if anybody is interested.

Couch

Post by Couch »

Steersman wrote:
Couch wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

I think you might have intended to suggest leaning to the latter, but in any case, I think the former is more likely true. A bit of a sardonic ("grimly mocking or cynical") comment on Andrew's part methinks.
No, I did mean I was leaning towards it being my misunderstanding. It could be read as a threat, but I'm probably off-beam there - that would go against the grain of Andrew's posting.

Nothing to see hear. Move along.

Cunts. :cdc:

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

******BREAKING NEWS*******
Gender pay gap EXPOSED
WOMEN PAYED SIGNIFICANTLY LESS MONEY FOR EXACTLY THE SAME JOB:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/lindseyadler/us ... .wuGdlWVGA And this comment is priceless:
"Women's WC has less viewers, sponsors, and genrates less revenue"...why? Because of sexism. Worldwide cultural view that men's sports is better than women's sports, which is why less people watched it. Resulting in less sponsorships, etc. How can you not see the sexism in this?
I wonder if the millions of women who prefer to watch men's football are being including in this sweeping accusation of sexism?

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

New rule: If a company hangs someone out to dry due to Social Justice Warriors, we need to push that the company really hasn't made proper amends until they hire a Social Justice Warrior to take that person's place. Because obviously that company has a systemic patriarchy problem that will not simply go away by pushing the problem to the side. They need to hire someone who understands oppression and gender discrimination. Women hold up half the sky and only make 77 cents for every dollar a man makes. And the women advocating for equality are not getting paid for this. The only way to resolve these problems is to hire someone who knows and understands to help foster a culture of change.

Couch

Post by Couch »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Couch wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

Perhaps the latter after you read this?

Recall that Zvan saw herself apparently as a "scary"person? I was actually riffing on the theme of Zvan as an abusive prison camp guard prior to that. I have no difficulty seeing Zvan as doing her duty in that sense with relish. Well, some of those guards paid in the end.
Understand, Commandant. All good. Peace. :)

Anyway, for the image to be complete, you have to mentally shoop into the picture the following: Me, playing PZ, playing Colonel Clink, shaking his first and saying through gritted teeth: "Carrrrrrrrier"

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

SoylentAtheist wrote:New rule: If a company hangs someone out to dry due to Social Justice Warriors, we need to push that the company really hasn't made proper amends until they hire a Social Justice Warrior to take that person's place. Because obviously that company has a systemic patriarchy problem that will not simply go away by pushing the problem to the side. They need to hire someone who understands oppression and gender discrimination. Women hold up half the sky and only make 77 cents for every dollar a man makes. And the women advocating for equality are not getting paid for this. The only way to resolve these problems is to hire someone who knows and understands to help foster a culture of change.
I am on board with this.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
SoylentAtheist wrote:New rule: If a company hangs someone out to dry due to Social Justice Warriors, we need to push that the company really hasn't made proper amends until they hire a Social Justice Warrior to take that person's place. Because obviously that company has a systemic patriarchy problem that will not simply go away by pushing the problem to the side. They need to hire someone who understands oppression and gender discrimination. Women hold up half the sky and only make 77 cents for every dollar a man makes. And the women advocating for equality are not getting paid for this. The only way to resolve these problems is to hire someone who knows and understands to help foster a culture of change.
I am on board with this.
Randi Harper, Suey Park, Brianna Wu, Melody Hensley, Author Chu. So many good options of good undervalued talented Social Justice Warriors who are not getting their equal due.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Maybe sexism IS he root cause of the disparity but you can't stop people liking what they like.

It's the abject lack of rudimentary economic understanding that astounds me. Where is the money to pay the women expected to come from? Top flight male footballers are paid hundreds of thousands A WEEK. Do they think the football-viewing public have consciously CHOSEN for that to be the case? Of course they haven't - it's just the free market exercising itself. I doubt even the clubs want to pay these ludicrous amounts; they judge they have to, to stay competitive. Hence the high prices for tickets, etc.

The pressures on the women's game are simply not the same. But no, women should be paid the same anyway, the money should simply be found from somewhere, because magical reasons. And it's sexist to suggest otherwise.

Mindless, cretinous morons.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

Can't forget Adria Richards. Let's toss Stephanie Zvan in on that pile too. She deserves a job helping to enlighten companies too. Who else should we add to our list of under employed, under appreciated Social Justice Warriors that should fill people's ousted shoes?

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

Søren Lilholt wrote:Maybe sexism IS he root cause of the disparity but you can't stop people liking what they like.

It's the abject lack of rudimentary economic understanding that astounds me. Where is the money to pay the women expected to come from? Top flight male footballers are paid hundreds of thousands A WEEK. Do they think the football-viewing public have consciously CHOSEN for that to be the case? Of course they haven't - it's just the free market exercising itself. I doubt even the clubs want to pay these ludicrous amounts; they judge they have to, to stay competitive. Hence the high prices for tickets, etc.

The pressures on the women's game are simply not the same. But no, women should be paid the same anyway, the money should simply be found from somewhere, because magical reasons. And it's sexist to suggest otherwise.

Simple solution. Have the women's teams compete with the men's teams. That way they all get compensated equally based on performance.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

HJ flexes his internet tough-guy muscles at SZvans anti-Yeti wail.
I dunno, there’s enough misinformation/misunderstanding out there that I worry a layperson will mistake a false-flag for a legit feminist-on-feminist argument. My preference is to string them along until their bullshit is visible from space, then deploy the banhammer or wrap them in Markov Chains.
Love his elitest lay person vs. what? A badged PhD feminist howitzer?

His Markov chains ref gave me pause. But a quick wiki check made it all very clear.

As mud.

http://i.imgur.com/L9QiNmQ.jpg

SM12

Post by SM12 »

SoylentAtheist wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
I am on board with this.
Randi Harper, Suey Park, Brianna Wu, Melody Hensley, Author Chu. So many good options of good undervalued talented Social Justice Warriors who are not getting their equal due.
I think it would be best to put them in charge of personnel in those firms which are the strongest advocates of Social Justice.

If they could tell me in advance when they do that, I will know to sell their shares.

Post by Guest »

SM12 wrote:
SoylentAtheist wrote:Randi Harper, Suey Park, Brianna Wu, Melody Hensley, Author Chu. So many good options of good undervalued talented Social Justice Warriors who are not getting their equal due.
I think it would be best to put them in charge of personnel in those firms which are the strongest advocates of Social Justice.

If they could tell me in advance when they do that, I will know to sell their shares.
So either you are suggesting taking part of insider trading, or if they publicly announce those plans, the question is if the stock market will take those risks into account.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

Sorry, the above "Guest" post is me. I failed to enter my username.

And I would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for those darn kids, and their mangy dog.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Skep tickle wrote:
Guest wrote:From 2011, not sure how I stumbled across it, but I found it interesting, though I know feminist analysis reveals its many falsehoods

psychologytoday.com/blog/the-how-and-why-sex-differences/201101/how-can-there-still-be-sex-difference-even-when-there-is

How Can There Still Be a Sex Difference, Even When There Is No Sex Difference?
Why men may be more variable on some traits
Thanks, Guest - very interesting.

Steersman, you should read this - it's relevant to your presentation of bell curves for certain traits of females & males. (Apologies if you've previously referred to the ideas in it & I missed that in scrolling quickly through a post or two of yours.) Bonus, it quotes Pinker near the end. ;)

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/th ... n-there-is
There's no abstract that he can read. You want him to actually read it to get things for his quote mining?

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

So there will be a Han Solo Starwars Prequel.
cnn.com/2015/07/07/entertainment/star-wars-han-solo-prequel-movie-feat/index.html

I myself will be holding out for the Jar Jar Binks prequel. At least Star Wars Episode One took major steps towards minority representation & inclusivity.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

SoylentAtheist wrote:So there will be a Han Solo Starwars Prequel.
cnn.com/2015/07/07/entertainment/star-wars-han-solo-prequel-movie-feat/index.html

I myself will be holding out for the Jar Jar Binks prequel. At least Star Wars Episode One took major steps towards minority representation & inclusivity.
I find your non link disturbing. It trolled me for at least 10 seconds.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

Brive1987 wrote:

Are you sure Lusoma has not restricted your access?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz wrote:Bhurzum - crocodiles force cancellation of Townsville swim.

You'll be safe if you stay in the pub.
As excuses go, this one seems pretty solid!

Cheers!

*hic*

Richard Dworkins

Post by Richard Dworkins »

I think it was Za-Zen who mentioned the word Identatarian and I thought that was a brilliant term which nails the real issue at the heart of the Victim Feminists. They are not interested in people, they have constructed a bunch of stereotypes which they expect people to adhere to.
We see this every time anyone who they presume should be an "ally" disagrees with them. They think women should act in certain ways, that black people should have a single mindset that happens to agree with their politics, that various sexualities and ethnicities must accept they are being oppressed, that white people and white men in particular are filthy rape-mongering murders.

They are the real racists, sexists, homophobes and general bigots. They don't care about people, they believe in stereotypes.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

SoylentAtheist wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Are you sure Lusoma has not restricted your access?
Triggering intensifies.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Søren Lilholt wrote:Maybe sexism IS he root cause of the disparity but you can't stop people liking what they like.

People like to watch the very, very best. The vast majority of women's sports simply aren't there. In track and field, basketball, football, etc., the best, Olympic-class Women aren't as good, in most sports, as the best HS boys. Which, essentially, means huge swaths of women's sports are glorified amateur level offerings.

There are some exceptions. Tennis is a good example. The game, as it's played, minimizes sex differences so women are closer to men than in something like track-and-field or football. Consequently, interest in women's tennis is closer to men's tennis and top women make closer to what the top men make. Of the Top-10 earners (including endorsements) last year, women held the 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th and 9th spots.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

For those that are fans of Garfunkel & Oats, Riki Lindhome is acting in a new show on Comedy Central called "Another Period". If you like the humor in their songs, I think you will enjoy this show.

You can catch the pilot episode here:
http://www.cc.com/full-episodes/tcbp3o/ ... n-1-ep-101

And you don't want to miss out on Episode 2. It would make feminists/FTBers heads blow their gaskets if they evenly applied their rules.

All 3 episodes here for those with Cable.
http://www.cc.com/shows/another-period

Those without cable will have to be more creative in finding the aforementioned content.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Tribble wrote:People like to watch the very, very best. The vast majority of women's sports simply aren't there. In track and field, basketball, football, etc., the best, Olympic-class Women aren't as good, in most sports, as the best HS boys. Which, essentially, means huge swaths of women's sports are glorified amateur level offerings.

There are some exceptions. Tennis is a good example. The game, as it's played, minimizes sex differences so women are closer to men than in something like track-and-field or football. Consequently, interest in women's tennis is closer to men's tennis and top women make closer to what the top men make. Of the Top-10 earners (including endorsements) last year, women held the 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th and 9th spots.
So what you are saying is that we need to change the rules of all these other sports so that the women can be nearly as competitive as men. I can't say I disagree with this approach.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Brive1987 wrote:
His Markov chains ref gave me pause. But a quick wiki check made it all very clear.

As mud.
As has been written many times here, HJ is one of the most hilarious goons in the FtB deck. He is Billy Bullshit.

I remember during the Radford photo breakdown at Tibbo's place he fixated on photo analysis (specifically using metadata hex dumps from exiftool), but didn't elaborate on what he was looking for. It's a subject I'd touched the surface of many years ago on a photography forum, but I realised he absolutely didn't have a clue.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Sulman wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

As mud.
As has been written many times here, HJ is one of the most hilarious goons in the FtB deck. He is Billy Bullshit.

I remember during the Radford photo breakdown at Tibbo's place he fixated on photo analysis (specifically using metadata hex dumps from exiftool), but didn't elaborate on what he was looking for. It's a subject I'd touched the surface of many years ago on a photography forum, but I realised he absolutely didn't have a clue.
At JREF he did exactly the same thing on Radford's PDFs - obsessing over the model of photocopier and plotting out the time of day the scans took place.

With no actual objective or conclusion.

The bemused audience started throwing virtual fruit at him at that point.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Sulman wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

As mud.

Sometimes you can get a time/date punch stamp, or even sometimes a geolocation if taken with a smart phone. Or you can see if the picture has gone through an editing application. But beyond that, you really are not going to find any other significant information.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

deLurch wrote: Sometimes you can get a time/date punch stamp, or even sometimes a geolocation if taken with a smart phone. Or you can see if the picture has gone through an editing application. But beyond that, you really are not going to find any other significant information.
Sure, it's totally unreliable forensically - you can pretty much chop and change it as you like.

John D

Post by John D »

Tribble wrote:

People like to watch the very, very best. The vast majority of women's sports simply aren't there. In track and field, basketball, football, etc., the best, Olympic-class Women aren't as good, in most sports, as the best HS boys. Which, essentially, means huge swaths of women's sports are glorified amateur level offerings.

The old lady and I were watching "The Newshour" on PBS and the topic came up about the women's soccer team; how they had to play on astroturf and how they won $2mill compared to $40mill for men. They had two idiot Women's Studys ladies on and threw them a ton of soft-balls. "This is because title IX is not working"... blah...blah...blah...." and my old Lady is like "Yeah... I told you John SEXISM! You always say their ain't none!" So I say.. "Look.... the reason we have the worlds best fucking soccer team is BECAUSE of title IX." If more people watched womens sports, there would be more revenue and they would get paid more. The she politely told me to shut-up... and I complied.

I wouldn't mind "The Newshour" covering this topic if they would do it in a fair manner. They could actually discuss topics like why more people watch men's sports... etc. Instead they actually have the brass-balls to say the problem is that we are not doing enough to support title IX. Ridiculous. There are so many High School girls sports teams in our district that they sometimes can't find enough girls to play them all. Boys regularly get cut from the sports teams if they are not as good as other players. The "average" boys are not offered any sports that they can even get in.... meanwhile, any girl of any skill level is allowed to play on most of the teams. Somehow though... this is bias against girls. fuck it.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Richard Dworkins wrote:I think it was Za-Zen who mentioned the word Identatarian and I thought that was a brilliant term which nails the real issue at the heart of the Victim Feminists. They are not interested in people, they have constructed a bunch of stereotypes which they expect people to adhere to.
We see this every time anyone who they presume should be an "ally" disagrees with them. They think women should act in certain ways, that black people should have a single mindset that happens to agree with their politics, that various sexualities and ethnicities must accept they are being oppressed, that white people and white men in particular are filthy rape-mongering murders.

They are the real racists, sexists, homophobes and general bigots. They don't care about people, they believe in stereotypes.
The word I personally use is collectivist. They see everybody as being part of a collective identity, and that's more important than the individual characteristics.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Tribble wrote:

I'm not sure that's necessarily the case in Tennis. I think in Tennis it's where the men are SO good it creates a less entertaining game to watch.

feathers

Post by feathers »

John D wrote:The old lady and I were watching "The Newshour" on PBS and the topic came up about the women's soccer team; how they had to play on astroturf and how they won $2mill compared to $40mill for men. They had two idiot Women's Studys ladies on and threw them a ton of soft-balls. "This is because title IX is not working"... blah...blah...blah...." and my old Lady is like "Yeah... I told you John SEXISM! You always say their ain't none!" So I say.. "Look.... the reason we have the worlds best fucking soccer team is BECAUSE of title IX." If more people watched womens sports, there would be more revenue and they would get paid more. The she politely told me to shut-up... and I complied.
The first counterquestion if a woman complains about the abominable media treatment and payment of women's football is: So tell me, what matches did you watch of this tournament?
Because I suspect that Jane Womens-Study didn't see a single kickoff with the possible exception of the final.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Pitchguest wrote:If Sulman's making the kind of reference I think he's making, probably about 90% of the 'Pit won't pick up on it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't worry about it.
It's not his fault!

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

To see how women tennis players fare against male tennis players is actually easy. Look who the women players practice with. (non pro male tennis players). I've actually known some of these people as my wife is (was, she in her 50's now) a serious player. She was even on the tour many years ago. You've, for example never heard of Martina Navratilova's hitting partners. I have; one guy was in a pro-am (where good players are paid to play with the amateurs of a club) tournament playing with my wife's friend in doubles. Just saying because IMO women tennis players are much weaker than men. Still, sometimes the women's game is better, like when the men only serve and volley. Anyway carry on.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Karmakin wrote:
I'm not sure that's necessarily the case in Tennis. I think in Tennis it's where the men are SO good it creates a less entertaining game to watch.
I remember when Sampras came along, '92 I think? Suddenly the power game went to another level with these cannonball serves.

In fairness Women's got a lot more physical too, with Seles grunting her way through several matches.

Couch

Post by Couch »

deLurch wrote:For those that are fans of Garfunkel & Oats, Riki Lindhome is acting in a new show on Comedy Central called "Another Period". If you like the humor in their songs, I think you will enjoy this show.

You can catch the pilot episode here:
http://www.cc.com/full-episodes/tcbp3o/ ... n-1-ep-101

And you don't want to miss out on Episode 2. It would make feminists/FTBers heads blow their gaskets if they evenly applied their rules.

All 3 episodes here for those with Cable.
http://www.cc.com/shows/another-period

Those without cable will have to be more creative in finding the aforementioned content.
Speaking of humour which would make SJW heads explode, I caught Chelsea Handler on Netflix the other night. My wife had seen a promo and said it looked like it had potential.

Handler's opening line was along the lines of "Hello Chicago! Are there any Black People in the audience tonight? (Cheers and whoops) Well, would you smile, so I can see you!" And basically it went like that for 90 minutes.

Later she put up a slide of three old blokes having a threesome and said the one with a mouthful of dick was her dad (which she later revealed was untrue). She also put up slides of her tits, and which clearly were her tits.

It was all pretty outrageous and I have to confess to laughing my own man-tits off at various junctures. During the race jokes I only had to glance at my wife (a WOC) to ensure she was laughing - which turned out to be a safe bet, as she was wetting herself nearly the entire show - to ensure I could safely chuckle along guilt-free.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

There is no reason why Women can't be formulae 1 racing drivers. Many women have been trialed for it and many are test drivers (which is itself a very demanding job) but none are in the top 30 or so or drivers. Women are in senior management postions yet despite all attempts to get more women they have failed. An objective analyse of why this is the case which may give rise to possible solutions is impossible in the world Myers and co live in which is one reason I consider their beliefs highly damaging to women. Vitriolic political posturing and lies has no place when trying to find solutions to a problem.

SJW's are continung to push back progress by women and minorities by years. Idiots all of them.

Couch

Post by Couch »

Brive1987 wrote:
Sulman wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

As mud.

At JREF he did exactly the same thing on Radford's PDFs - obsessing over the model of photocopier and plotting out the time of day the scans took place.

With no actual objective or conclusion.

The bemused audience started throwing virtual fruit at him at that point.
The sheer scale of his failure and humiliation in the Radford business at JREF was pretty awesome to behold. I kept yelling 'Burrrrnnn' at my iPad and handing HJ virtual icepacks.

You did solid work there, Brive, btw. You've the patience of Job and a penchant for presentation.

Richard Dworkins

Post by Richard Dworkins »

Sulman wrote:
Karmakin wrote:
I remember when Sampras came along, '92 I think? Suddenly the power game went to another level with these cannonball serves.

In fairness Women's got a lot more physical too, with Seles grunting her way through several matches.
Also in fairness, in Tennis, women get approximately the same prize money for doing less work. 3 set matches rather than 5. So it's a bad comparison to football.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

NoGodsEver wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
NoGodsEver wrote: I'm pretty sure everyone assumed he was into kiddie porn before today.

I know that is a joke but I didn't. That is so alien to me I just don't believe these things happen. I really hope it turns out to be a mistake. Like what happened to Pete Townshend.

Fuck just think if that was to happen today?
Was sort of joking, but he always looked sorta shady to me for some reason. All I know is that if he still had kiddie porn in his house after his dude was arrested months ago for the same thing, he is one stupid motherfucker.
His dude was arrested for *making* kiddie porn, not just having it. That's some heinous shit. If Jared had any knowledge of it they should both burn

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

jet_lagg wrote: His dude was arrested for *making* kiddie porn, not just having it. That's some heinous shit. If Jared had any knowledge of it they should both burn
You seem to know a lot about this story. Maybe too much about this story.

When did your unhealthy hobby start?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

HJ Hornpecker wrote:I dunno , there’s enough misinformation/misunderstanding out there that I worry a layperson will mistake a false-flag for a legit feminist-on-feminist argument. My preference is to string them along until their bullshit is visible from space, then deploy the banhammer or wrap them in Markov Chains.
FTFY, HJ.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

So, if Horntwat would like a Nobel prize here can get one here: http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/eca ... ot.56.html

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Notice how popular The Fine Young Capitalists (a radical feminists group) were with the misogynist shitlord of gamergate. They had a goal and a workable business model.
SoylentAtheist wrote:
Couch wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a4/Biskupia_Gorka_executions_-_14_-_Barkmann%2C_Paradies%2C_Becker%2C_Klaff%2C_Steinhoff_%28left_to_right%29.jpg

Relax. It is just a photo of a few people hanging out.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biskupia_Górka

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

John D wrote:BTW Guest. I am not claiming conservatives are stupid.... nor would I ever say engineers are stupid. I did make a joke about non-engineers being idiots... but IT WAS A JOKE. Thanks to whoever took my statement out of context.
I got around a lot due to my interdisplinary study discipline at the time, and found that at universities, the disciplines lived up to their stereotypes quite well. Of course you can't go against your confirmation bias.

Engineers were well-adjusted men (almost exclusively); neat short haircuts, so average and featureless that it qualifies as “no haircut”; check shirts neatly tugged in; leatherbelt often with a little ultility bag for swiss knife or phone attached for extra dorkiness; bright-blue jeans with a tapered cut, often too short exposing white tennis socks and running shoes. Wolle Pauli as a hipster would find they aren't “not even uncool”. I once strayed onto one of their parties and felt I stepped into an alternate universe. They were all dressed like that, give and take, and “party” to them meant standing around and drinking copious amounts of beer to 1990s eurodance music and whatever was in the radio at the time (not the 90s) trying to look cool, unsucessfully. U Can't touch this. They are solid middle-class and above, but down to earth types, tendency centrist-conservative but featureless views, nothing too far out. No offense to engineers, stereotypes are always a bit pointed :)

Other disciplines are more diverse, but have their stereotypes as well. But engineers were remarkably similar. Creationism is rare in Germany, but I guess they could be seen as the equivalent of the average family man in an US evgelical household.
Ape+lust wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Happy birthday Aneris!
Really? Tanjoobi Omedeto Gozaimasu, Aneris-chan! You make this place worthwhile.
Thanks! Very kind, appreciated :)

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

SoylentAtheist wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
I am on board with this.
Um, they'd have to work maybe 40 hours a week though.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Aneris wrote:
John D wrote:BTW Guest. I am not claiming conservatives are stupid.... nor would I ever say engineers are stupid. I did make a joke about non-engineers being idiots... but IT WAS A JOKE. Thanks to whoever took my statement out of context.
I got around a lot due to my interdisplinary study discipline at the time, and found that at universities, the disciplines lived up to their stereotypes quite well. Of course you can't go against your confirmation bias.

Engineers were well-adjusted men (almost exclusively); neat short haircuts, so average and featureless that it qualifies as “no haircut”; check shirts neatly tugged in; leatherbelt often with a little ultility bag for swiss knife or phone attached for extra dorkiness; bright-blue jeans with a tapered cut, often too short exposing white tennis socks and running shoes. Wolle Pauli as a hipster would find they aren't “not even uncool”. I once strayed onto one of their parties and felt I stepped into an alternate universe. They were all dressed like that, give and take, and “party” to them meant standing around and drinking copious amounts of beer to 1990s eurodance music and whatever was in the radio at the time (not the 90s) trying to look cool, unsucessfully. U Can't touch this. They are solid middle-class and above, but down to earth types, tendency centrist-conservative but featureless views, nothing too far out. No offense to engineers, stereotypes are always a bit pointed :)

Other disciplines are more diverse, but have their stereotypes as well. But engineers were remarkably similar. Creationism is rare in Germany, but I guess they could be seen as the equivalent of the average family man in an US evgelical household.
Ape+lust wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Happy birthday Aneris!
Really? Tanjoobi Omedeto Gozaimasu, Aneris-chan! You make this place worthwhile.
Thanks! Very kind, appreciated :)
There's engineers, and there's engineers, though. A civil engineer vs a biomedical engineer vs an aerospace engineer would be totally different fish.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

deLurch wrote:So what you are saying is that we need to change the rules of all these other sports so that the women can be nearly as competitive as men. I can't say I disagree with this approach.
What has me so confused is that P Z Myers recently wrote a post about the woman (Nettie Stevens) who did much of the work on the genetic basis of sex ... even though we all know that it's a social construction, instead, making this woman a chill-girl, gender-traitor, or worse. If we're going to alternate between inherent and imposed sex differences in our thinking, there needs to be a website or app to tell us which view we are taking on a particular day. Otherwise, some troll will use quotes from an odd-numbered day on an even-numbered day, and then where will we be?

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

deLurch wrote:Sometimes you can get a time/date punch stamp, or even sometimes a geolocation if taken with a smart phone. Or you can see if the picture has gone through an editing application. But beyond that, you really are not going to find any other significant information.
Isn't this how people learned that Melody Hensley bought a Canon EOS 70D and took most of her current pictures on the same day?

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

It's from a parody account but the tweets appear to be (or have been) real. I'd guess the guy was joking tho it's possible he was feeling earnest when he wrote it. His Twitter account has gone private since this: https://twitter.com/salondotcom/status/ ... 0381431809

(Phone-posting, can't preview, excuse mishaps, etc)

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Cunning Punt wrote:There's engineers, and there's engineers, though. A civil engineer vs a biomedical engineer vs an aerospace engineer would be totally different fish.
Later maybe, but the students were (to the best of my knowledge) standard "Dipl-Ings", engineer students that go for the university diploma degree (roughly akin to Master of Science).

Aneris

What playing cricket looks like to Americans

Post by Aneris »

h/t NoelPlum
What playing cricket looks like to Americans

[youtube]dEH4ahCCrJo[/youtube]