Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Steersman

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Steersman »

Really? wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:[.tweet][/tweet]
I'll readily concede that you're the pro from Dover when it comes to detailed timelines and the data to back them up. However, I think you also tend to have a blind spot, particularly when it comes to David Irving, although I'll also concede that the least charitable assumption about him is frequently the more tenable one.But that is, I think, not the case when it comes to that comment of his; he isn't saying, from my perspective, that the Nazis didn't commit war crimes, but only that the Zionist media narrative has obfuscated the truth of what really happened at the forced labor camps. You might try differentiating between those cases.

And, considering that the Wiesenthal Center wasn't able to disprove Nishioka's assertion that the crematoria at Auschwitz were a post-war addition, as they have attempted on numerous occasions, suggests to me that either their case wasn't quite the slam-dunk that many seem to think it was, or they ran out of resources to pursue that objective.
LSUOMA EDIT - THIS IS A FAKED QUOTE by Really? that is not obvious. This is forbidden. Don't do it again or you're out. Last warning.
Different kettles of fish. For one thing, there's far more objective evidence for those war crimes than there is for Radford's insistence that he didn't harass Stollznow.

And, in passing, methinks it's kind of crossing the Rubicon to suggest that that was actually my argument, that those were my words. Seem to recollect that comhcinc was subjected to a temporary ban for doing similarly.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Bourne Skeptic wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:

How long did you live here? Sounds like you hit a bad patch.
I was there 5 yrs. It probably wasn't as bad as I remember, I'm just not used to that much rain growing up in S. Alberta.
Every 5 years or so we get a winter that is really cloudy, not necessarily a lot more precip but a lot less sun. Probably one or two of those sticking in your mind.
I grew up in the 1950s early 60s in Calgary and have less than fond memories of blizzards, really cold weather, and late springs. The extra rain
and cloud isn't so bad by comparison, though the short daylight in both areas gets to be a pain.
I grew up in Calgary in the late 60s in the Renfrew area. I have family that farm and ranch in Southern Alberta they talk about the May snow storm in 67 where cattle had to be feed by helicopter so they wouldn't starve. Gotta love Alberta weather, we occasionally(rare) get snow in July and August.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Steersman wrote:
Really? wrote:
Steersman wrote: I'll readily concede that you're the pro from Dover when it comes to detailed timelines and the data to back them up. However, I think you also tend to have a blind spot, particularly when it comes to David Irving, although I'll also concede that the least charitable assumption about him is frequently the more tenable one.But that is, I think, not the case when it comes to that comment of his; he isn't saying, from my perspective, that the Nazis didn't commit war crimes, but only that the Zionist media narrative has obfuscated the truth of what really happened at the forced labor camps. You might try differentiating between those cases.

And, considering that the Wiesenthal Center wasn't able to disprove Nishioka's assertion that the crematoria at Auschwitz were a post-war addition, as they have attempted on numerous occasions, suggests to me that either their case wasn't quite the slam-dunk that many seem to think it was, or they ran out of resources to pursue that objective.
LSUOMA EDIT - THIS IS A FAKED QUOTE by Really? that is not obvious. This is forbidden. Don't do it again or you're out. Last warning.
Different kettles of fish. For one thing, there's far more objective evidence for those war crimes than there is for Radford's insistence that he didn't harass Stollznow.

And, in passing, methinks it's kind of crossing the Rubicon to suggest that that was actually my argument, that those were my words. Seem to recollect that comhcinc was subjected to a temporary ban for doing similarly.
I apologize if you or anyone thought that I was trying to say that you actually said those words. My intent was to simply apply your logic to a different situation, certainly not to intimate that you are a holocaust denier. If FT feels I did something unforgivable, I'll just go away.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Couch wrote:
The sheer scale of his failure and humiliation in the Radford business at JREF was pretty awesome to behold. I kept yelling 'Burrrrnnn' at my iPad and handing HJ virtual icepacks.

You did solid work there, Brive, btw. You've the patience of Job and a penchant for presentation.
Thanks. The failure of any of the pro-Stollz or fencesitters to articulate an evidenced based position was quite bizzare. But Hornbeck was simply amazing. His capacity to avoid obvious conclusions and find impossible nuance in the banal was as bad as any truther I've read.

John D

Post by John D »

Kirbmarc wrote:
I think that as long as you don't commit any heinous crimes and just behave like a stupid cunt if you ever happen to stumble on the truth and see how much of an ass you were you should be forgiven. That said, if you published accusations of bad behavior or even crimes and realize you shouldn't have had to, you should at least apologize to the person whose reputation you have hurt.

If PZ wanted to genuinely abandon the SJW ship he should apologize to Shermer, to Nugent, to the Slymepit (yes, to us), to Hemant Mehta...the list gets longer every week. He's burning too many bridges to be allowed back into the Atheism/Skeptic movement with just a slap on the wrist. if he ever realize he was wrong, he should probably at the very least close Pharyngula.

I really don't think that Zvan will ever switch sides, though. She's having too much fun in her role to even consider it.

PZ could eventually be reprimanded so many times by the Horde that they could make him snap. Zvan, just like Melissa McEwan or Amanda Marcotte, are too privileged by the perks of their position as Ruthless Feminist Inquisitors to ever change. Especially since if they change they'd be practically unemployable anyway. Maybe they'll have doubts about some SJW dogma sooner or alter, but I doubt they'll ever reveal them in public.

it's the young that will probably change their mind. People like Nate Hevens or Ashley Miller, who have plenty of time to rethink about their assumptions.
I could never trust a psychopath enough to truly forgive them. I know enough psychos to know that they can never be sincere about an apology. PZ, Zvan, Beckyboo and several others, are clearly on the psychopath scale. I am too much of a pragmatist to forgive them.

When my wife apologizes because she hurt my feelings I forgive her in a fraction of a second. She has been honest and sincere with me from the second we met. It is one of the reasons we are still together... and... I have done some stupid shit too... and she forgives me, because she knows my heart. We can even have very different opinions about things, but this doesn't affect our behavior to each other.

People change... but they don't change this thing I call "their heart". It is a vague notion, but it is spot on. PZ, Zvan, Boo and all... they have a polluted vile nature... and this sort of thing never changes in a person...even when they change their mind about facts.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
deLurch wrote:Sometimes you can get a time/date punch stamp, or even sometimes a geolocation if taken with a smart phone. Or you can see if the picture has gone through an editing application. But beyond that, you really are not going to find any other significant information.
Isn't this how people learned that Melody Hensley bought a Canon EOS 70D and took most of her current pictures on the same day?
Maybe. :whistle:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Really? wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Really? wrote: <snip>

I apologize if you or anyone thought that I was trying to say that you actually said those words. My intent was to simply apply your logic to a different situation, certainly not to intimate that you are a holocaust denier. If FT feels I did something unforgivable, I'll just go away.
Thanks, though "going away" isn't something I would insist on or am calling for. However, you, and the FT, might edit such statements along the line of "Steersman might have analogously written" to make it clear that I, or others, have said nothing specifically along those lines. The nature of this board, and probably many others, is such that the context isn't always clear so people might reasonably think that I, or others, have said precisely that, or that type of thing. Which doesn't help in the slightest.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

acathode wrote:but then again, the women there look like this:
http://i.imgur.com/gSRA2nS.jpg?1
Well, bugger my rags! That looks like CH2O if he'd done all his challenge wanks in one afternoon. Every day for a couple of years!

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Really? wrote:
Steersman wrote:
I'll readily concede that you're the pro from Dover when it comes to detailed timelines and the data to back them up. However, I think you also tend to have a blind spot, particularly when it comes to David Irving, although I'll also concede that the least charitable assumption about him is frequently the more tenable one.But that is, I think, not the case when it comes to that comment of his; he isn't saying, from my perspective, that the Nazis didn't commit war crimes, but only that the Zionist media narrative has obfuscated the truth of what really happened at the forced labor camps. You might try differentiating between those cases.

http://s29.postimg.org/jg8h27ahf/image.jpg

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Karmakin wrote: Well, I've been there and made that switchover. And trust me, it happens HARD and you never go back. It's not a toggle switch..once you stop giving the bullshit the benefit of the doubt it's impossible to go back. Everything just becomes so OBVIOUS, to be honest. Cheong is a good example, once that toggle hit, boom..it's a substantial change.

At the end of the day, if forgiving the people makes it easier to destroy that fucked up SJW culture, I'll forgive the people every day of the week. It's the culture I abhor.
Personally, I believe I am pretty tolerant of people exhibiting my version of "wrongthink". I believe you can successfully argue that it is one thing to say and think things, and it is quite another to act on them.

Nonetheless, there appears to be some sort of line that some of them crossed (I have not quite put my finger on how/why etc. & perhaps I should think more about it) where I do not believe I can ever forgive them, nor do they merit such.

This is coming from someone who routinely has cordial discussions with Jehovah's Witnesses when they show up at my door. Including being invited in for refreshments (some accept, other appear dumbstruck).

I know, judge not lest ye be judged and all that. Whatever man, some of the baboons are beyond the pale IMO.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Steersman wrote:
I'll readily concede that you're the pro from Dover when it comes to detailed timelines and the data to back them up. However, I think you also tend to have a blind spot, particularly when it comes to PZ, although I'll also concede that the least charitable assumption about him is frequently the more tenable one.But that is, I think, not the case when it comes to that comment of his; he isn't saying, from my perspective, that Radford is necessarily guilty, but only that the evidence of a prior relationship does not prove that he's not guilty of harassment. You might try differentiating between those cases.

And, considering that Radford wasn't able to prevail upon Stollznow to make a categorical retraction, as he intended in his previous abortive attempt, suggests to me that either his case wasn't quite the slam-dunk that many seem to think it was, or he ran out of resources to pursue that objective.
Steers, The whole case comes down to the claims in SA. Those are are scaffolded to a timeframe - quite specifically. Breakup, going out with Baxter, getting fellowships, TAM 2010. Radfords evidence shows that the blanket and very un-nuanced claims cannot be simple truth. There has been no counter evidence to explain how Stollz SA narrative can withstand the facts presented. She needs a new story. And CFI's independant investigator felt the same way usin her red pen on all the pre 2012 claims that were the core of SA.

So PZ's speil clearly demonstartes that he hasn't and won't engage with the facts of both sides to come to an informed position - but is going instead with his ideological feelz.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Thats why the timelines were important - they provided the context and mapping between the lose claims of Stollz and the evidence based claims of Radford.

Plus they used pretty gender based colours.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Steersman did a sort of Swedish exercise, starting at the base of the spine, carrying on through the shoulder-blades and finishing up among the back hair.

Then he told her.

In the chats I have had with this wonder man, I have always found his English fluent, but a bit on the mixed side. If you remember, he was with Mrs. Bingo Little for a time before coming to Brinkley, and no doubt he picked up a good deal from Bingo. Before that, he had been a couple of years with an American family at Nice and had studied under their chauffeur, one of the Maloneys of Brooklyn. So, what with Bingo and what with Maloney, he is, as I say, fluent but a bit mixed.

He spoke, in part, as follows:

"Hot dog! You ask me what is it? Listen. Make some attention a little. Me, I have hit the hay, but I do not sleep so good, and presently I wake and up I look, and there is one who make faces against me through the dashed window. Is that a pretty affair? Is that convenient? If you think I like it, you jolly well mistake yourself. I am so mad as a wet hen. And why not? I am somebody, isn't it? This is a bedroom, what-what, not a house for some apes? Then for what do blighters sit on my window so cool as a few cucumbers, making some faces?"

"Quite," I said. Dashed reasonable, was my verdict.

He threw another look up at Gussie, and did Exercise 2--the one where you clutch the moustache, give it a tug and then start catching flies.

"Wait yet a little. I am not finish. I say I see this type on my window, making a few faces. But what then? Does he buzz off when I shout a cry, and leave me peaceable? Not on your life. He remain planted there, not giving any damns, and sit regarding me like a cat watching a duck. He make faces against me and again he make faces against me, and the more I command that he should get to hell out of here, the more he do not get to hell out of here. He cry something towards me, and I demand what is his desire, but he do not explain. Oh, no, that arrives never. He does but shrug his head. What damn silliness! Is this amusing for me? You think I like it? I am not content with such folly. I think the poor mutt's loony. Je me fiche de ce type infect. C'est idiot de faire comme ça l'oiseau.... Allez-vous-en, louffier.... Tell the boob to go away. He is mad as some March hatters."

I must say I thought he was making out a jolly good case, and evidently Aunt Dahlia felt the same. She laid a quivering hand on his shoulder.

"I will, Monsieur Steersman, I will," she said, and I couldn't have believed that robust voice capable of sinking to such an absolute coo. More like a turtle dove calling to its mate than anything else. "It's quite all right."

She had said the wrong thing. He did Exercise 3.

"All right? Nom d'un nom d'un nom! The hell you say it's all right! Of what use to pull stuff like that? Wait one half-moment. Not yet quite so quick, my old sport. It is by no means all right. See yet again a little. It is some very different dishes of fish. I can take a few smooths with a rough, it is true, but I do not find it agreeable when one play larks against me on my windows. That cannot do. A nice thing, no. I am a serious man. I do not wish a few larks on my windows. I enjoy larks on my windows worse as any. It is very little all right. If such rannygazoo is to arrive, I do not remain any longer in this house no more. I buzz off and do not stay planted."

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Ahahahaha! Ahahaha! Bwahahaha!

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Ok expanding on my initial comment on Carrier's woeful treatise on sex work.

Legality and illegality; Back to how a society determines what should be permissible. I use the Mill principle of direct harm as my bench mark for determining just how free a society actually is. The relationship between the state and the individual is what dictates liberty or lack of it. A state which limits a persons liberty contrary to the mentioned principle, usually can be shown to be doing so for ideological motivations.

Carrier touches on this when he said the reason his jurisdiction is anti sex work is "All this kind of logic is fallacious because it enshrines sex as somehow sacred and different from other human behaviors, which is a distinctively religious thing to do. "

All that Carrier's piece does, is demonstrate that himself, and his fellow glorified wordpress account holders who he cites in agreement, have absolutely no idea of the complexities involved in the debate, or perhaps more likely since we all know of the massive intellect that is carrier,, their ideological slant means they fallaciously dismiss them.

If he'd addressed the "religious thinking" he objects to in his piece, he may have got somewhere, but he didn't, he handwaived it as such, and then went on to list a number of services and job roles as comparative, when they absolutely are not.

Sex work, falls into a very narrow band of job roles, that when the service provided is taken without contract of consent (note there need not be an exchange of monies) ther result falls into the most serious of criminal offences in our jurisdictions. That of personal assault. But hey Carrier that's just religious thinking, isn't it, sex is just sex. (he doesn't grasp logic) Therefore the only services that can be compared are those which fall into a similar category. The band is very, very narrow, but includes services like "human punchbag" where you consent to being used as a training object in a contact sport. Normally that means the other party isn't criminally liable for something only in that very, very explicit context, that they otherwise would be criminally liable for.

This isn't "religious thinking" Carrier obviously hasn't really thought about it. The tension exists in legislation, because in law it is considered a clear case of "direct harm" of the most serious nature, if not permitted. So while I support the right of sex workers to be sex workers, I also understand why it is a complex issue, and is not simply about outdated moral puritanism.

By the way, I have no fucking idea how anyone actually gets successfully prosecuted for prostitution in a western jurisdiction. Step one; the exchange of monies is for time, not acts, step two, the acts which occur during said time, are those of consenting adults and was in no way influenced by the time contracted.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

AndrewV69 wrote:Ahahahaha! Ahahaha! Bwahahaha!
Aloha snackbar to you too

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

BTW, Over at Ally Fogg The Guardian publishes our open letter to CPS some interesting discussions in the comments.

I just could not help reflecting that if PeeZuss Christ had not gone off his meds, FTB could have been very influential. Imagine three or more bloggers and comment/discussion with this sort of quality?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Really? wrote:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 6d6124.jpg

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Tony Parsehole wrote:******BREAKING NEWS*******
Gender pay gap EXPOSED
WOMEN PAYED SIGNIFICANTLY LESS MONEY FOR EXACTLY THE SAME JOB:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/lindseyadler/us ... .wuGdlWVGA And this comment is priceless:
"Women's WC has less viewers, sponsors, and genrates less revenue"...why? Because of sexism. Worldwide cultural view that men's sports is better than women's sports, which is why less people watched it. Resulting in less sponsorships, etc. How can you not see the sexism in this?
I wonder if the millions of women who prefer to watch men's football are being including in this sweeping accusation of sexism?
I have to agree with someone I heard on a footy podcast last week who had watched it all and reckoned that Stenhousemuir would have gubbed all of the teams in it.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

So PeeZus falls for a post on some social media site for MDs, presented as a training experience in vascular surgery, but soon revealed to be a fictional account. Does he correct his blog post to indicate this? Of course not - he uses it as an excuse to boast about training medical students in "animal surgery:"
PZ Myers
8 July 2015 at 11:32 am
#22, Rowan vet-tech:
I’ve been there! When I was training med-students in an animal surgery, that was my primary job: they were doing the cutting, I was trying to keep the animal alive, and it was constant, nerve-wracking monitoring. My personal nightmare was not giving enough anesthetic, and having the poor thing wake up mid-surgery — you were constantly trying to keep the animal in this narrow window between death and consciousness.
Rabbits were the worst. That window was so narrow, they were so fragile, and if they woke up they’d start screaming. I’d have to hover over them constantly, watching heart rate and breathing rate, and adjusting the anesthetic practically minute by minute.
Rabbits convinced me my future was going to be in invertebrates and fish.
Something smells fishy to me, and it's not the Danio rerio.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

bhoytony wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:******BREAKING NEWS*******
Gender pay gap EXPOSED
WOMEN PAYED SIGNIFICANTLY LESS MONEY FOR EXACTLY THE SAME JOB:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/lindseyadler/us ... .wuGdlWVGA And this comment is priceless:
"Women's WC has less viewers, sponsors, and genrates less revenue"...why? Because of sexism. Worldwide cultural view that men's sports is better than women's sports, which is why less people watched it. Resulting in less sponsorships, etc. How can you not see the sexism in this?
I wonder if the millions of women who prefer to watch men's football are being including in this sweeping accusation of sexism?
I have to agree with someone I heard on a footy podcast last week who had watched it all and reckoned that Stenhousemuir would have gubbed all of the teams in it.
I hate football, it's an objectively shite game, it's exponentially shiter when played by the girls teams. I endured a match of it, and was shocked at just how fucking bad they were.

As for the knobends claiming the equal pay for equal job crap, I'm waiting for the campaign for go kart drivers to get the same financial rewards as Formula 1 racers.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

The objectively best game in the fucking world. Where i was born at they literally have a stick and ball in your hand before you can walk, so you learn the basics. I remember two Cork lads who were "visiting on business" teaching me as a knee high to a frog ruffian how to lift the ball like a cork man (properly in their regard) instead of how we Ulster Yahoos did it.

[youtube]TmzivRetelE[/youtube]

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Yes yes, we had yahoo before computers. A yahoo in myspeak is a wild thing that resembles a human bean. We also had Google (the shape your eyes make when you've drunk three times more than your body told you to).

Really?

Post by Really? »

Brive1987 wrote:
Really? wrote:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 6d6124.jpg
It's all good. I blocked him and will let him do his thing, lest I transgress against him further.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

Steersman wrote:But that said, he [HJ Hornbeck] seems to be quite knowledgeable in a number of areas, notably statistics and Bayes Theorem.
Steersman, dear god, what the fuck are you talking about? HJ Hornbeck "quite knowledgeable"? Are you kidding?

As someone else just mentioned, he seems to have just barely enough knowledge to practice his very own cargo-cult version of statistical analysis.

Have you seen the truly awful and embarrassing "Evidence-based Feminism" videos (1, 2) for example? Or the time he laughingly tried to use statistical inference to calculate the odds of Smith falsifying her allegation against Shermer as being 0.4% or less - during which he misapplied and seemed unable to even comprehend some pretty basic principles?

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

The Irish brain when used to speak english, delivers poetry of compare to nowhere in the known galaxy.

I Will In My Fuck (meaning; no)

She'd Lie Down In Nettles For It (meaning; The lady is liberated)

I Will Ya (meaning; another way of saying no when seeming to say yes, this is why the Irish are known to come into difficulties with regard to consent)

Get Outta That Garden (meaning; No way I don't believe you, well i do believe you, but it's unbelievable)

Shower of savages (meaning; anyone who doesn't know the proper etiquette in the toilet whilst intoxicated)

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:And Svan is hardly scary. Didn't La-Den the perpetually greasy pull Svanatee's leash hard when Svan went after a target Laden was fond of? I seem to recall that ol' Steph took her spanking with proper grovelling and whining.
Yeah but she wasn't the same after that. Also it seems Greg's last solid thread to the bunch was Svan. She cut him off after that, as far as I could see.

Something about calling her "just some random blogger" probably didn't help.

CuntajusRationality

BarnOwl wrote:So PeeZus falls for a post on some social media site for MDs, presented as a training experience in vascular surgery, but soon revealed to be a fictional account.
They don't believe it was fiction. :doh:
Josh, Official SpokesGay wrote:Wait– no one here actually believes that “this was fiction,” do they? Do you really, truly think that’s plausible? That she would write this in a way that clearly and intentionally frames it as a first-person narrative, and simply forgot to say it was a joke until later? This is really convincing enough to folks that you’re saying, “Well, it was in bad taste.”
Really?
Charly wrote:I do not believe for one femtosecond that it is a fiction. This does not read as a real apology, it reads as backpedalling. In any case – if fiction or not, I would not let the doctor who wrote this to touch me with three meter long broomstick, let alone cut into my body. I sure as hell would rather die.
anteprepro wrote:Yeah, she is obviously lying about the “fiction”. Exhibit 1097: Watch her Twitter feed over the last day!
Besides which, it doesn't matter if it was fiction or not because these fuckers can read minds and they know what the author really thinks.
pacal wrote:Leaving aside the question of whether or the story was or was not a fiction, it is clear that the author regarded the patient subject to this “test” as a thing. The patient was a in the eyes of the writer a mere object to be worked whose consent or lack thereof is an irrelevancy compared to being used as a object to perform a test on.
https://archive.is/ZeDCN

Parody Accountant

feathers wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote:Holy crap, it's annoying. I think it's a big reason why that even at a Grand Slam tournament, early round matches by top women players are sparsely attended. Here are scenes from a match a few years ago between probably the worst offender, Michelle Larcher de Brito and close contender Maria Sharapova.

[youtube]bi8R9JbF2cc[/youtube]
Can't the referee issue a classical Quiet, please - but now directed to the players rather than the public? I don't watch tennis but this seems way out of line.
That shit was so fucking annoying. Hilarious. But holy shit. I can't imagine advertising anything during this. And the whole tourney is like this? FFS just don't mic them so loud.

Do we need to hear the background noise of shoes squeaking in basketball? Maybe. Do we need it at FULL BLAST?! No.

The only sport I could see them getting mileage out of this would be boxing/mma (either gender). If you're going to make war noises, might as well look like it too.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Kirbmarc wrote:Especially since if they change they'd be practically unemployable anyway. Maybe they'll have doubts about some SJW dogma sooner or alter, but I doubt they'll ever reveal them in public.
This bit makes me think that perhaps we need an equivalent of the Clergy Project for the online rage-blogging sect.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

jugheadnaut wrote: ...........
I personally hate Victoria Azarenka the most though, because not only does her 3 second long 'WOOOOOH' wail after every shot drive me insane, she's a despicable and unsportsmanlike individual as well.
I hate Vika too, for the hole in my wallet. At the year end effort in Istanbul a few years ago she won the 1st set of a match to make a point and then stood around watching the ball pass by for the rest of the match. Cost me a bit. She once played a match where the odds on her kept rising while she was cruising the first set, without any indication of injury. The Betfair punters couldn't believe what the market was doing. She retired in the second set. Is Vika more unsportsman like than the rest, though? The strategic injury break is a staple of the women's tour. I recall Vika being badly burned when playing Serena. Her game plan was working until Serena developed a leg injury which lasted just long enough for Vika to lose concentration.

One motivation for the screaming is that it hides the sound of the ball coming off the strings. Amazing how often they scream when no exertion is required on the shot.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

CuntajusRationality wrote:
Steersman wrote:But that said, he [HJ Hornbeck] seems to be quite knowledgeable in a number of areas, notably statistics and Bayes Theorem.
Steersman, dear god, what the fuck are you talking about? HJ Hornbeck "quite knowledgeable"? Are you kidding?

As someone else just mentioned, he seems to have just barely enough knowledge to practice his very own cargo-cult version of statistical analysis.

Have you seen the truly awful and embarrassing "Evidence-based Feminism" videos (1, 2) for example? Or the time he laughingly tried to use statistical inference to calculate the odds of Smith falsifying her allegation against Shermer as being 0.4% or less - during which he misapplied and seemed unable to even comprehend some pretty basic principles?
Hornbeck likes to string together big word salads that are illogical nonsense,and/or just straight bullshit. I think some people* are naive or otherwise deluded to think that his use of obscure big words and jargon means he is stating a complex or profound idea when he is just spouting pretentious hot air.

* I think you know who I mean

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Za-zen wrote:The objectively best game in the fucking world. Where i was born at they literally have a stick and ball in your hand before you can walk, so you learn the basics. I remember two Cork lads who were "visiting on business" teaching me as a knee high to a frog ruffian how to lift the ball like a cork man (properly in their regard) instead of how we Ulster Yahoos did it.

So it's a cross between hockey, gaelic football (Aussie Rules), and egg-and-spoon racing.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Parody Accountant wrote:
feathers wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote:Holy crap, it's annoying. I think it's a big reason why that even at a Grand Slam tournament, early round matches by top women players are sparsely attended. Here are scenes from a match a few years ago between probably the worst offender, Michelle Larcher de Brito and close contender Maria Sharapova.

[youtube]bi8R9JbF2cc[/youtube]
Can't the referee issue a classical Quiet, please - but now directed to the players rather than the public? I don't watch tennis but this seems way out of line.
That shit was so fucking annoying. Hilarious. But holy shit. I can't imagine advertising anything during this. And the whole tourney is like this? FFS just don't mic them so loud.

Do we need to hear the background noise of shoes squeaking in basketball? Maybe. Do we need it at FULL BLAST?! No.

The only sport I could see them getting mileage out of this would be boxing/mma (either gender). If you're going to make war noises, might as well look like it too.
[youtube]hNWb1VF0OYs[/youtube]

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

You will never look at sharipova the same again

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Za-zen wrote:The objectively best game in the fucking world. Where i was born at they literally have a stick and ball in your hand before you can walk, so you learn the basics. I remember two Cork lads who were "visiting on business" teaching me as a knee high to a frog ruffian how to lift the ball like a cork man (properly in their regard) instead of how we Ulster Yahoos did it.

So it's a cross between hockey, gaelic football (Aussie Rules), and egg-and-spoon racing.
I think we have discovered the missing link to all modern sport, though the sack race may be from another planet

CuntajusRationality

[youtube]4JY9kjM1tRg[/youtube]

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

CuntajusRationality wrote:[youtube]4JY9kjM1tRg[/youtube]
I assume that the grunting/shrieking is like the kiai in some martial arts. It signifies an attacking move and is supposed to put the opponent off/focus the energy of the move. But in reality it means that you are a one-shot act. The time/focus used for a kiai should be spent flowing into the second and third attacking moves.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Steersman wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:To be charitable to PZ, he had a point when he said:

FUCK OFF STEERSMAN
Politics makes for strange bedfellows, doesn't it? Although I think you might try analyzing each case on its merits instead of, in effect or apparently, allowing your peevishness to dictate your responses.
Hey! What are you doing commenting on an internet forum when you have a lot more Novum Organum to get through?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I think the mewling about women's sports shows that there really-isn't a "good feminism" which is sane, vs. a SJW version (or radical, or neo-feminism, or whatever-else you want to call it)...

...it's all harmful gibberish. The vortex of misinformation rattling-around in the head of the nice feminist next door is just as detrimental when she enters a voting booth or a juror pool... as an actively-malicious Social Justice Warrior-Goddess.

The SJW dogma is, admittedly, more =obviously= noxious. But the less-obviously-controversial assumptions of garden-variety feminism are scary exactly-because they are so seemingly innocuous.

For example, the notion of Title IX... what's the harm in threatening educational institutions with the club of federal de-funding and civil suits... if they don't give girls equal-access to sports programs, right? Except: somehow this then led to Title IX federally mandating schools to act as extra-judicial secret rape tribunals with inferior standards of evidence and culpability.

Flo-Jo, the 'fastest woman on Earth' was as fast as the fastest high school boy... in the state of Florida... the day she set her world record.

So... should he have gotten a raise to equal all her endorsements, that year?

The great irony of feminism is does not survive its own critiques.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I'll try again: "The great irony of feminism is that it does not survive its own critiques."

Really?

Post by Really? »

Service Dog wrote:
Flo-Jo, the 'fastest woman on Earth' was as fast as the fastest high school boy... in the state of Florida... the day she set her world record.

So... should he have gotten a raise to equal all her endorsements, that year?

The great irony of feminism is that it does not survive its own critiques.
Here's your problem: You're assuming that feminists are interested in advancing HUMAN achievement. You've given Valenti/Marcotte/Beckybooze too much benefit of the doubt, assuming they are curious as to how far HUMANS can push themselves.

free thoughtpolice

Is this a troll or not? Could he be a Zionist plant to make nonsheeple to look stupid?
[youtube]n1OVSjhnA1c[/youtube]

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Lsuoma wrote:
acathode wrote:but then again, the women there look like this:
http://i.imgur.com/gSRA2nS.jpg?1
Well, bugger my rags! That looks like CH2O if he'd done all his challenge wanks in one afternoon. Every day for a couple of years!
I'm not a left-handed devil, thank you!

http://i.imgur.com/ZqAmsvo.jpg

However, Parsehole and Ape's wank challenge images do sometimes require me to go at it like a piston for several hours at a time. I've yet to be beaten, but then I have yet to see an image of Carrier wiping his spunky dick on Ophelia's face. That particular happy ending might be delayed by hours of laughter.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

hehehe had this pop up in my youtube feed. No matter what you think of Galloway, he is a fantastic orator, and his mind is as sharp as a knife, loved how he gutted the morons of the US senate, he made their panel look like a club of mental deficients. It reminded me also that the wizard of oz song "ding dong the witch is dead" raced to the top of the charts, and all the media did there best to ignore it, if not actually refuse to play it! Establishment twats, I think they were expecting another bout of collective morony and faux sentimentality, like when that muppet diana croked it. Funny as fuck watching crowds of lemmings in group tears.

I fucking love Galloway, he's the only guy I have ever seen debate Hitchens and hand him his ass.

[youtube]nKp-3jWABL8[/youtube]

acathode

Post by acathode »

KiwiInOz wrote:
CuntajusRationality wrote:[.youtube]4JY9kjM1tRg[/youtube]
I assume that the grunting/shrieking is like the kiai in some martial arts. It signifies an attacking move and is supposed to put the opponent off/focus the energy of the move. But in reality it means that you are a one-shot act. The time/focus used for a kiai should be spent flowing into the second and third attacking moves.
I might actually start watching tennis if they start shouting out their attack move, anime-style, whenever they hit the ball...

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Za-zen wrote:hehehe had this pop up in my youtube feed. No matter what you think of Galloway, he is a fantastic orator, and his mind is as sharp as a knife, loved how he gutted the morons of the US senate, he made their panel look like a club of mental deficients. It reminded me also that the wizard of oz song "ding dong the witch is dead" raced to the top of the charts, and all the media did there best to ignore it, if not actually refuse to play it! Establishment twats, I think they were expecting another bout of collective morony and faux sentimentality, like when that muppet diana croked it. Funny as fuck watching crowds of lemmings in group tears.

I fucking love Galloway, he's the only guy I have ever seen debate Hitchens and hand him his ass.

[.youtube]nKp-3jWABL8[/youtube]
Well, there were some aspects of the Thatcher rule I quite liked. However, there is no way you can get away from the fact that she really was one part of the equation in helping to destroy manufacturing, the others were the trade unions and management (I will leave it to others to argue who was responsible for exactly how much).

(BTW ... it is probably little known that here in Canukistan, from what I gather it would appear that Immigration Canada appears to frown on white Britons trying to immigrate here. Been so for at least 30 years)

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

Za-zen wrote:hehehe had this pop up in my youtube feed. No matter what you think of Galloway, he is a fantastic orator, and his mind is as sharp as a knife, loved how he gutted the morons of the US senate, he made their panel look like a club of mental deficients. It reminded me also that the wizard of oz song "ding dong the witch is dead" raced to the top of the charts, and all the media did there best to ignore it, if not actually refuse to play it! Establishment twats, I think they were expecting another bout of collective morony and faux sentimentality, like when that muppet diana croked it. Funny as fuck watching crowds of lemmings in group tears.

Even by the standards of British politicians Galloway is an evil cunt.

Shatterface

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: I'm not a left-handed devil, thank you!

I remember first seeing that and being struck by how the already established physical layout of the scene forced them to make Quagmire left-handed in order for the gag to work.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Gefan wrote:

I remember first seeing that and being struck by how the already established physical layout of the scene forced them to make Quagmire left-handed in order for the gag to work.
Fucking ponce.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Gefan wrote:

Fucking ponce.
As in "pimp"?
I'm (easily) confused.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Za-zen wrote:hehehe had this pop up in my youtube feed. No matter what you think of Galloway, he is a fantastic orator, and his mind is as sharp as a knife
Well, butter knife perhaps. After all, this is the dipshit who said that 'racists and zionists will be celebrating' after he lost his Bradford West seat to a muslim woman of Pakistani ancestry. :lol:

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Went to Urban Dictionary.
Either I've just been called a fag (flattered but I'm not good-looking enough) or (I think) a poseur.
As the self-admitted dumbest, least educated Pitter of the lot, the second one seems a bit harsh.

Still, *hugs*.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:

Even by the standards of British politicians Galloway is an evil cunt.

Shatterface
He is one of the few conviction politicians left, at the very least you know exactly what he stands for, and has an understandable logic to his position, which he makes no apology for. As for the rest of what qualifies as politicians in the UK, they are middle management, corporate speak, careerists. Each and all only in political wrestles over who can appeal most to "the middle". The consequence of which is to say fuck all that may offend anybody, to ensure that you don't appear to be anything other than a centrist (someone who doesn't have any position on fucking anything). The one exception made to this, is the last refuge exception. Where politicos will trip over each other to appear to flag wave and appeal to the lowest common denominator (the centre). Don't get me wrong it's perfectly okay for the voting populace to be centrist, I actually would prefer it, because the majority of the populace are not well enough informed or capable of engaging in any real political debate.

free thoughtpolice

Andrew wrote:
(BTW ... it is probably little known that here in Canukistan, from what I gather it would appear that Immigration Canada appears to frown on white Britons trying to immigrate here. Been so for at least 30 years)
About 20-25 years ago my neighbor, who was dual Canadian/UK citizen moved back to Canada from several years in Italy (with his Canadian wife) and the Indo -Canadian customs agent misread his documents and thought that he was one of the privileged Brits that
wasn't aware that the law had changed. Apparently drama ensued.
He told me the story a year or two after it happened, and was still pretty worked up about it.

Parody Accountant

Strawberry Bitch wrote:elyseanders[dot]com /blog/2015/7/8/the-war-on-speech

Trolling is an assault on women. It is an organized weapon of terrorism used to silence feminist voices. The abuse is a mob attack, flooding our inboxes and comments Twitter mentions and Facebook pages, so that there is nowhere we can go online without seeing how little the world thinks of us. How little the world wants us to exist. It is an act of terrorism designed to force us into facing that, more of that, escalating levels of that… or being silent. It is an act of war against feminism. And if you do not relent, they will not only come after you, but your family, your friends, your job. Their goal is not only to drive you into silence, but to wipe your presence from the earth.
Is strawberry bitch a frequent guest poster?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

First I have notice them.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

[youtube]nKp-3jWABL8[/youtube]
I think the guy's a cunt, but yes, he's a great demagogue.

This is my favourite:

[youtube]j5u1skEoqLs[/youtube]

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Gefan wrote:Went to Urban Dictionary.
Either I've just been called a fag (flattered but I'm not good-looking enough) or (I think) a poseur.
As the self-admitted dumbest, least educated Pitter of the lot, the second one seems a bit harsh.

Still, *hugs*.
He's just saying that you are a big girls blouse.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Parody Accountant wrote:
Strawberry Bitch wrote:elyseanders[dot]com /blog/2015/7/8/the-war-on-speech

Trolling is an assault on women. It is an organized weapon of terrorism used to silence feminist voices. The abuse is a mob attack, flooding our inboxes and comments Twitter mentions and Facebook pages, so that there is nowhere we can go online without seeing how little the world thinks of us. How little the world wants us to exist. It is an act of terrorism designed to force us into facing that, more of that, escalating levels of that… or being silent. It is an act of war against feminism. And if you do not relent, they will not only come after you, but your family, your friends, your job. Their goal is not only to drive you into silence, but to wipe your presence from the earth.
Is strawberry bitch a frequent guest poster?
First time I've seen s/h/it.