Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
KiwiInOz

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by KiwiInOz »

comhcinc wrote:
SM12 wrote:
You can't actually count what happens in dreams.
snip heroics

The thing about 40 young lesbians I can tell you about is they are not that interested in you at all.
How do you know that SM12 doesn't identify as female, with "cover me in honey and throw me to the lesbians" as her battle cry?

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

While the followers of PeeZus remain convinced that the "Hope Amantine" vascular surgery training story was TRUFAX, the unethical ethicist Stemwedel is butthurt about the story being fiction:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/janetstemwe ... g-stories/

I seem to recall that she was also butthurt about the Womanspace story that was clearly labeled as fiction, but which nevertheless clearly indicated the misogyny of its author, the journal Nature, and science in general. :roll:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

KiwiInOz wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
SM12 wrote:
You can't actually count what happens in dreams.
snip heroics

The thing about 40 young lesbians I can tell you about is they are not that interested in you at all.
How do you know that SM12 doesn't identify as female, with "cover me in honey and throw me to the lesbians" as her battle cry?
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 995b37.jpg

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Kirbmarc wrote:Furthermore, it's still completely possible that Smith didn't deliberately alter events in her accusation of Shermer but that she might have fallen prey to confabulation: she doesn't intend to deceive but still gets some details wrong.
Yes.

It's important to allow for the existence of other possibilities than "either this is true or it was a malicious lie meant to harm others." I see that tactic employed often in partisan politics. But the courts know very well about the unreliability of eyewitness testimony, and it's not always because the witnesses are lying assholes.

I don't automatically believe a rape accusation is true, but automatically believing it is a deceptive lie would be an equal-but-opposite overreaction. I can have no opinion about the truth value of a rape claim or tentatively disbelieve it while extending enough good faith to imagine the person making the claim is sincere in their belief (even if they are wrong.)

If the claim is malicious, that will out as time passes.

James Caruthers

Brive1987 wrote:Is there a secret link at Elyse's post to all the death threats those 10,000s of haters left?

Right now it looks like she yelled "show me how much your care!!" And the internet rolled over and went back to sleep.
Does anyone care about Elyse? I thought we all agreed to stop bothering with her months ago. I don't want to contribute to her checking into a mental asylum.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

[youtube]K0aj9LNhGEc[/youtube]

These chicks are lucky they don't have to deal with twitter.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

James Caruthers wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Is there a secret link at Elyse's post to all the death threats those 10,000s of haters left?

Right now it looks like she yelled "show me how much your care!!" And the internet rolled over and went back to sleep.
Does anyone care about Elyse? I thought we all agreed to stop bothering with her months ago. I don't want to contribute to her checking into a mental asylum.
I thought she retired after her buddies at SkepChick made her Enemy #1 and spent all that time cutting her off at the knees.

James Caruthers

Shatterface as Guest wrote:So 50 year old Marisa Tomei has been cast as Spider-Man's Aunt May and some fans (not me; I''m fine with it) are complaining she's too young - and SJWs are suddenly forgetting that there are too few roles for older women and criticising the fans because fans are shitlords and therefore always in the wrong.

Shatterface
Ah, partisan politics. You have to disagree with your opponents even when your opponents are going out of their way to agree with you. :lol:

James Caruthers

Tribble wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:

I thought she retired after her buddies at SkepChick made her Enemy #1 and spent all that time cutting her off at the knees.
Yeah, I would think her "page o' hate" would feature Rebecca Watson prominently.

James Caruthers

jimthepleb wrote:Hornbeck believes he is on the 'right' side of history.
He also seems to beleve that the above means he cannot be wrong.
One day he'll realise what an arse he has made of himself and come out with "I trooolllll yaio gud!"
The "right side of history" argument may as well be a Christian "you'll find out when you're standing before God" conversation-stopper.

If white supremacists take over the planet and kill all the nonwhites, then the white supremacists who are on youtube right now saying "anti-racist is code for anti-white" will have been on the right side of history. :lol: :lol: :lol:

James Caruthers

Service Dog wrote:Greta is unable to conceive that someone might have beliefs which are genuinely more important than making money:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2015/ ... hem-money/

I guess she'll do -anything- for an expensive pair of Fluevogs.
I have more respect for people who will sacrifice money for their beliefs than I do the reverse.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

The Rusty SpokesGay misgenders someone... :o :oops: :o :oops: :o :oops:
http://i.imgur.com/oonOdKT.png

http://i.imgur.com/hH0hJVO.png

But it's okay. At least he misgendered in the acceptable direction.
http://i.imgur.com/Yt4PkBt.png

http://i.imgur.com/SMEwiEr.png

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-958640

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Gefan wrote:Listening to Joe Rogan interviewing Jon Ronson.

Ronson: "There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who value people over ideology, and those who value ideology over people. Right now, the ideologues are winning".

Rogan disagreed. I have no idea what I think on that one.
The proclamation makes no sense in my worldview, as I consider myself, and everyone else, to be a memetically based lifeform as much as a genetically based one. In other words, I think people are ideologies. You can't untangle the two. I am pretty sure I know what he's getting at though. Certain people view an attack on their ideas as an attack on them, and react violently. They're right to say it is a personal attack, but they're wrong to take it personally, if that makes sense.

It's an inherently self-contradicting position, which is why I like it so much.

free thoughtpolice

You should know Josh that just because your avatar is of a woman that doesn't mean you're not a man. :naughty:

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

The other thing that's struck me about the conversation is that both Rogan and Ronson have expressed support for the concept of Social Justice and listed the positions they share with its avowed proponents. I already knew this about Rogan, but although I read "Them" years ago I didn't know anything about Ronson. Turns out he comes from a very SJW background but he's as disgusted as Rogan (or us, for that matter) at the atmosphere the Baboons have created in social media.
The SYWs don't seem to have the first understanding of coalition-building. Alienating people seems to provide validation for them just as it does for The Westboro Baptist fruitloops.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Gefan wrote:The other thing that's struck me about the conversation is that both Rogan and Ronson have expressed support for the concept of Social Justice and listed the positions they share with its avowed proponents. I already knew this about Rogan, but although I read "Them" years ago I didn't know anything about Ronson. Turns out he comes from a very SJW background but he's as disgusted as Rogan (or us, for that matter) at the atmosphere the Baboons have created in social media.
The SYWs don't seem to have the first understanding of coalition-building. Alienating people seems to provide validation for them just as it does for The Westboro Baptist fruitloops.
You are not saying that you are against social justice are you? Cause it kinda reads like that.

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

I thought this was pretty amazing - somebody at Google recently figured out that by taking the image identification algorithms that Google has developed (the software that can identify, say a "banana" or an "airplane" in a photograph) and running them backwards, they could use those same algorithms to generate images, and the results are spectacular - they produce nightmarish scenes that remind me of the artwork of Hieronymus Bosch or Max Ernst. The source code was recently released to the public and at least one website has appeared that will produce an image for you, if given a picture to emulate.

To give you some idea of what I am talking about, I uploaded this ape+lust classic to the website: http://i.imgur.com/pvjXRbk.jpg

And it sent back to me (about two hours later) the following:

https://storage.sbg-1.runabove.io/v1/AU ... dreamt.jpg

The image generator (with other far more impressive examples) is here: http://dreamdeeply.com/

And a nice article describing what the heck this is all about is here: http://gizmodo.com/these-are-the-incred ... 1712226908

Anyway I hope you guys find this to be interesting! :)

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

SkepticalCat wrote:I thought this was pretty amazing - somebody at Google recently figured out that by taking the image identification algorithms that Google has developed (the software that can identify, say a "banana" or an "airplane" in a photograph) and running them backwards, they could use those same algorithms to generate images, and the results are spectacular - they produce nightmarish scenes that remind me of the artwork of Hieronymus Bosch or Max Ernst. The source code was recently released to the public and at least one website has appeared that will produce an image for you, if given a picture to emulate.

To give you some idea of what I am talking about, I uploaded this ape+lust classic to the website: http://i.imgur.com/pvjXRbk.jpg

My favorite of these so far.

It being a loop can't embed.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Black people make up 12% of the US population, but Greta Christina seems to spend 2/3 of her time obsessing about them. she also lives in a city (SF) that is only 6% black, but 15% hispanic and 34% asian.
Ah, that explains why they say the roads in SF are heavily sloped.

I'll get me coat...

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

James Caruthers wrote:
Service Dog wrote:Greta is unable to conceive that someone might have beliefs which are genuinely more important than making money:

I have more respect for people who will sacrifice money for their beliefs than I do the reverse.
I far more respect for people who will sacrifice their beliefs for reality.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:

I far more respect for people who will sacrifice their beliefs for reality.
Indeed. Though the difficulties in actually determining what constitutes "reality" [*cough spinning dancers / wagon-wheel effects *cough] justifies some degree of circumspection, and not being overly dogmatic about our "beliefs" of what that actually consists of.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Really? wrote: Let's not forget: he DID say that, not would. Who can forget his hilarious comment on The Yeti's blog post about him?
Maybe you are sadly naive enough to think Christianized antiscientific Sex Ed isn’t lying to you, but facts are, more than a hundred million Americans have had numerous sexual partners, yet almost none of them ever get an STD (the rate is extremely low; even lower in more secular societies than in religious ones), and when you narrow the pool to those practicing safe sex, the rate of STDs is near zero.

Moreover, STDs are almost all incredibly trivial illnesses in modern practice (compared to, say, TB, which you can catch on mass transit, or food poisoning or E. coli or Salmonella infections, which you can get from eating food even from your own kitchen), almost all of which are easily cured with antibiotics. Herpes and HIV are the only exceptions (other than HPV, which most women already have, if Christians haven’t prevented them getting vaccinated). But 90% of the population already has Herpes (children get it from orally sharing toys), the variety that prefers the mouth, from which there is no other difference from the other kind than where it breaks out. If no one cares about mouth Herpes (and they don’t; no one shames anyone for it or thinks it’s a big deal to have it), only the genitally-obsessed shame-based prude will care about it appearing elsewhere on the body. Meanwhile, condoms and other safety practices confer extremely reliable protection against HIV (you are more likely to get a life threatening illness from eating out).

So to think about STDs as in any relevant sense different from food borne and air borne and touch-vectored illnesses is simply a manifestation of sex phobia and a prudish, sex-obsessed, self-hating worldview. The rate of catching a disease just going to the hospital is higher than the general population, but no one then thinks going to the hospital is shameful or that the people who get infections there deserved it or something. So this idea that getting an illness from sexual contact is somehow extra bad or deserved or anything negative at all is an example of the kind of childish, misery-inducing bigotry that typifies the Christian religion. Which makes it even more embarrassing when an atheist still believes that prudish Christian crap.
I guess he's never heard of TB-HIV coinfection, or knows that someone with HIV is ~25 times more likely to develop TB, or that TB is responsible for a significant number of all AIDS-related deaths worldwide.

I'd also like to know what study he's consulting that says the risk of contracting TB from someone on a bus is greater than getting it from a sex partner. (The risk in either case is low unless you're HIV+, but I suspect it's higher for physical intimacy.)

Dangerous stupidity.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote::text-tmi: In the spirit of Carrieristic TMI, I'd like to announce that I'm celebrating having passed the 1 year point of having no periods. I am now POST-menopausal. Yippee! No more monthly visits with it coming back again and again like a bloody bouncing ball :sad-bored:
:text-woo:
You'll have to change your nym now.
Pleasantly Scented all month long now Nectar!

Anyone believe me that my name is because of liking fragrant flowers? I have some unflooshable evidence. In my video below, a fragrant jasmine is filmed opening to release its fragrance, as opposed to my naughty bits opening to release its fragrance.

[youtube]9dqCQmY1fdw[/youtube]
There you go. From now on we'll call you Jasmine.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

SkepticalCat wrote:I thought this was pretty amazing - somebody at Google recently figured out that by taking the image identification algorithms that Google has developed (the software that can identify, say a "banana" or an "airplane" in a photograph) and running them backwards, they could use those same algorithms to generate images, and the results are spectacular - they produce nightmarish scenes that remind me of the artwork of Hieronymus Bosch or Max Ernst. The source code was recently released to the public and at least one website has appeared that will produce an image for you, if given a picture to emulate.

The image generator (with other far more impressive examples) is here: http://dreamdeeply.com/

And a nice article describing what the heck this is all about is here: http://gizmodo.com/these-are-the-incred ... 1712226908

Holy shit, that's incredible. Look at the towers it generates from a static black background. It reminds me of the genzfeld effect, how our brains are so wired to seek patterns that we'll hallucinate one even when presented with uniform sensory data. Makes me wonder if our algorithms aren't brushing the extreme edges of consciousness.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

jet_lagg wrote:
Gefan wrote:Listening to Joe Rogan interviewing Jon Ronson.

Ronson: "There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who value people over ideology, and those who value ideology over people. Right now, the ideologues are winning".

Rogan disagreed. I have no idea what I think on that one.
The proclamation makes no sense in my worldview, as I consider myself, and everyone else, to be a memetically based lifeform as much as a genetically based one. In other words, I think people are ideologies. You can't untangle the two. I am pretty sure I know what he's getting at though. Certain people view an attack on their ideas as an attack on them, and react violently. They're right to say it is a personal attack, but they're wrong to take it personally, if that makes sense.

It's an inherently self-contradicting position, which is why I like it so much.
Quite agree with - am quite sympathetic to - that argument, although "memetically based lifeform" seems a bit of a stretch.

But that was more or less the point behind my earlier, and well-received [ ;-) ], "Nuking Mecca may be a somewhat overly draconian solution. But it’s hard not to sympathize with the idea." Bit of a puzzle though, exactly where the boundaries of our selves extend to and what they encompass. Seems one might reasonably argue that the structures in our brains that instantiate and manifest themselves as our beliefs will exhibit some degree of stress and pain when the ideas that undergird them are challenged, i.e., attacks on ideas could quite reasonably be construed, from that point of view at least, as an attack on the individual. Not that I think that that is a particularly reasonable position to be taking, but I think it highlights the need for differentiating between two classes of structures: those "of the body" and those of the brain.

Why I think your "self-contradicting position" seems to be more apparent than real, that it is conflating the body and the mind - which one might reasonably suggest are two entirely different kettles of fish. And which might provide some support for your "memetically based lifeforms".

ConcentratedH2O, OM

comhcinc wrote:

Good christ, that was a lovely little reminder of acid.

free thoughtpolice

Cyber acid? It looks kind of familiar. :drool:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:.

TechnoSteersman:

[.youtube]AAbcmpmIEKU[/youtube]
:) Today the Pit, tomorrow Poland, attacking Russia in late October and in Moscow by Christmas ....

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Steersman wrote:

TechnoSteersman:

:) Today the Pit, tomorrow Poland, attacking Russia in late October and in Moscow by Christmas ....
What's sauce for Jews is sauce for the Gypsies?

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

You too, huh?
That is a drug I would not recommend. Apparently it works for some people, but I'm not one of them.
It also reminded me a bit, of a series of paintings done by a guy who was progressively succumbing to schizoprenia:

https://endofthegame.files.wordpress.co ... ic-cat.jpg

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Steersman wrote:

TechnoSteersman:

That analogy seems to rely on the "fact" that, supposedly, the taste of gander meat is pretty much the same as goose meat; in which case the same sauce will do for both. If that's not the case in the "target" of the analogy - presumably Jews and Muslims, even if I believed that of the former - then all bets are off.

You might try to not read more into my statements than is clearly evident: perceptions don't necessarily correspond all that well to the "reality".

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

Kirbmarc wrote:So wait at least a couple of years and a few more successes of series with an entirely black cast before you cry racism and bigotry. Because execs like success, but hate gambling. They only play it when it's safe.
I had this idea for an all-black sitcom because that's never been done before.

Instead of something stereotypical like the hip-hop industry it would be about a middle class family and the father would be a doctor or something. I'd cast some big name black comedian as the father and give him a bland name like Clifford and bad taste in jumpers.

I hope Greta will support my idea. If not I can only assume she's racist.

Shatterface

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Steersman wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
That analogy seems to rely on the "fact" that, supposedly, the taste of gander meat is pretty much the same as goose meat; in which case the same sauce will do for both. If that's not the case in the "target" of the analogy - presumably Jews and Muslims, even if I believed that of the former - then all bets are off.

You might try to not read more into my statements than is clearly evident: perceptions don't necessarily correspond all that well to the "reality".
This was a joke, Steersman. Relax.

James Caruthers

feathers wrote:
Tribble wrote:I never did the kiai. Except for kata's where it's required or in breaking demonstrations when it's expected. Otherwise I never saw the point as it was, pretty much, a distraction and interrupted the flow you needed to maintain, in sparring, against a good opponent.
I have no idea what this is about, but does it mean you're a ninja? Answer me before I click submit to confirm you are.
It means he can unleash his inner beast fedora to destroy you over the internet.

But seriously, you can achieve the same effect as the kiai by breathing out in time and using your entire body for the blow, as most martial artists know. I mean, I'm not trying to sound like an expert because I'm not. IMO the screaming is mostly for the audience.

James Caruthers

Steersman wrote: Indeed. Though the difficulties in actually determining what constitutes "reality" [*cough spinning dancers / wagon-wheel effects *cough] justifies some degree of circumspection, and not being overly dogmatic about our "beliefs" of what that actually consists of.
But I have the most respect for people who will sacrifice wikipedia articles for Novum Organum.

James Caruthers

Accurate.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Gefan wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

You too, huh?
That is a drug I would not recommend. Apparently it works for some people, but I'm not one of them.
It also reminded me a bit, of a series of paintings done by a guy who was progressively succumbing to schizoprenia:

[img]https://endofthegame.files.wordpress.co ... renic-catg]
Yeah, acid was not for me either. Which I felt was a real shame, because I can see just how awesome it would be if my brain would have just let me relax enough to go with the flow.

Ah well. Perhaps I'll try again on my deathbed. Should be a fun way to go out (or an absolute fucking nightmare. Either way: imagine turning up in the afterlie* like that.).

*That was a typo I left in, because it is amusing to atheists.

James Caruthers

Joe Rogan seems like a pretty nice guy, all politics aside.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

comhcinc wrote: My favorite of these so far.

It's Junji Ito come to life.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

BarnOwl wrote:While the followers of PeeZus remain convinced that the "Hope Amantine" vascular surgery training story was TRUFAX, the unethical ethicist Stemwedel is butthurt about the story being fiction:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/janetstemwe ... g-stories/
Would be interesting to know whether any of the Pharyngulanas repudiated any of those statements.

But I see that the original article was removed from the MedPage site where it was first published. And I'm amused to note there that "Hope" has "deleted her blog and Twitter account". Which looks decidedly suspicious, even though the facts aren't exactly conclusive.

But it seems that any number of other individuals were equally bent out of shape, although it might be moot whether that justifies Stemwedel's position. For instance, you might take a look at "Orac's" post on the topic over on Science Blogs, this portion in particular:
Dr. Amantine’s response sure doesn’t sound to me as though her story was fictional. Neither did her other comments after her article. If the story were fictional, why didn’t she just come out and say that right away? Why was the story not labeled as fiction? Instead, she made excuses about how it was a “different era,” how surgeons today can’t operate, and how there is no good way to teach a surgeon how to remain calm and perform when disaster strikes. Yes, as surgeons, all of us have accidentally gotten into a large blood vessel at one time or another, and it’s critical to know how to control the bleeding and repair it. Making holes in living patients undergoing elective surgery is not the way to teach residents to be able to do this. Yet that’s what Dr. Amantine seemed to be making excuses about.
And if that is the case then one might argue that she was hounded off the Internet is another sad tale in the annals of Internet mob rule and witch hunts.
BarnOwl wrote:I seem to recall that she was also butthurt about the Womanspace story that was clearly labeled as fiction, but which nevertheless clearly indicated the misogyny of its author, the journal Nature, and science in general. :roll:
Dogma sure can cloud the mind. My paradigmatic example is Loyola:
Rule 13 of Ignatius' Rules for Thinking with the Church said: "That we may be altogether of the same mind and in conformity[...], if [the Church] shall have defined anything to be black which to our eyes appears to be white, we ought in like manner to pronounce it to be black."
Simply monstrous, though it well illustrates a rather too common human tendency.

Though I was amused but somewhat saddened to see that that phrase has, apparently, been removed from the Wikipedia article - Society of Jesus - where I first ran across it. Maybe the Catholic Church thought it was cutting too deep.

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

Speaking of Jon Ronson and LSD I once took acid at a Frank Sidebottom gig.

That was quite an experience.

Shatterface

Really?

Post by Really? »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:So wait at least a couple of years and a few more successes of series with an entirely black cast before you cry racism and bigotry. Because execs like success, but hate gambling. They only play it when it's safe.

Instead of something stereotypical like the hip-hop industry it would be about a middle class family and the father would be a doctor or something. I'd cast some big name black comedian as the father and give him a bland name like Clifford and bad taste in jumpers.

Shatterface
Hey! I've got an idea! How about a network sitcom written by a black person about a successful black advertising executive who is married to a successful doctor and who has three smart black children? And on the show, they can deal with racial issues in a hilarious, honest and open manner. And they can live with the grandfather. But who should we get for that part? Are there any respected black actors of that age?

Nah. It would never be greenlit by those racist assholes at the major networks. Too bad. It might be a big hit.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

James Caruthers wrote:
Steersman wrote: Indeed. Though the difficulties in actually determining what constitutes "reality" [*cough spinning dancers / wagon-wheel effects *cough] justifies some degree of circumspection, and not being overly dogmatic about our "beliefs" of what that actually consists of.
But I have the most respect for people who will sacrifice wikipedia articles for Novum Organum.
:lol: No doubt there is frequently some benefit in going back to the original sources, but those marginal benefits have to justify the marginal costs. Now if you were to take some statement in Wikipedia, or the other sources I quoted from, which touted Bacon's work as having had a seminal influence on the development of Western science, and actually show how a plain reading of it clearly repudiates that argument, and supports your rather categorical "bullshit", then I might be willing to reconsider my position.

Couch

Post by Couch »

comhcinc wrote:
windy wrote:
Why aren't all restaurants Taco Bell? Must be bigotry against Latinos.
I don't know but they fucking should be. I like the ability to add a crunchy taco to any food I am ordering.

http://proconstructionofga.com/wp-conte ... ahutga.png
Is that actually a KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut in one store?

What happens inside one of these joints? Are there like three separate counters, or one long motherfukka counter? Can you mix-and-match your meal - like order one pizza, a couple pf pieces of chicken, plus a taco?

Inquiring minds need to know! :shifty:

Really?

Post by Really? »

Couch wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
windy wrote:
I don't know but they fucking should be. I like the ability to add a crunchy taco to any food I am ordering.

What happens inside one of these joints? Are there like three separate counters, or one long motherfukka counter? Can you mix-and-match your meal - like order one pizza, a couple pf pieces of chicken, plus a taco?

Yum! Brands owns all three companies, so yes, you can get all three in one place. The problem, of course, is that all three kinds of food are done shittily. Richard Carrier's the only one of us who can fuck three different kinds of women at one time. The rest of us will leave the Southern girl underdone, the Italian girl with a mooshy crust and the Hispanic girl with an empty taco shell.

free thoughtpolice

Really? wrote:
Shatterface as Guest wrote:

Shatterface
Hey! I've got an idea! How about a network sitcom written by a black person about a successful black advertising executive who is married to a successful doctor and who has three smart black children? And on the show, they can deal with racial issues in a hilarious, honest and open manner. And they can live with the grandfather. But who should we get for that part? Are there any respected black actors of that age?

Nah. It would never be greenlit by those racist assholes at the major networks. Too bad. It might be a big hit.
It might work if you could hire a rapist for the, you know, Patriarch.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Easy J wrote:Hornbeck is confusing me with all those fancy formulas but from what I gather, he's saying that PZ is almost certainly guilty of sexually assaulting one of his students.
And that Canadian fellow too.

James Caruthers

Steersman wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:
:lol: No doubt there is frequently some benefit in going back to the original sources, but those marginal benefits have to justify the marginal costs. Now if you were to take some statement in Wikipedia, or the other sources I quoted from, which touted Bacon's work as having had a seminal influence on the development of Western science, and actually show how a plain reading of it clearly repudiates that argument, and supports your rather categorical "bullshit", then I might be willing to reconsider my position.
>marginal benefits

>marginal benefits

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/uoXkg1seT68/hqdefault.jpg

[youtube]5OLuPNlOjGI[/youtube]

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Couch wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
windy wrote:

I have never been in to one that has all three but I have been in a kfc/tacobell. Just one counter and you can mix and match. I have had a taco supreme made with meat from kfc.

Heaven.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

fuzzy wrote:
Easy J wrote:Hornbeck is confusing me with all those fancy formulas but from what I gather, he's saying that PZ is almost certainly guilty of sexually assaulting one of his students.
And that Canadian fellow too.
You mean, the lousy one? Though,in passing and apropos of nothing in particular, that might be construed as a stereotype if only applied to some Canadians - lack of water in some benighted areas can lead to that - but racism if someone attempts to apply that to all - particularly since it's manifestly obvious that all of us, at least 99.9999% of us, have been washed in the blood of the lamb ...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

James Caruthers wrote:
Steersman wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:[.quote="Steersman"]
Indeed. Though the difficulties in actually determining what constitutes "reality" [*cough spinning dancers / wagon-wheel effects *cough] justifies some degree of circumspection, and not being overly dogmatic about our "beliefs" of what that actually consists of.
But I have the most respect for people who will sacrifice wikipedia articles for Novum Organum.[/.quote]

>marginal benefits

>marginal benefits

[.img]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/uoXkg1seT68/hqdefault.jpg[/img]

[.youtube]5OLuPNlOjGI[/youtube]
What a dickhead. And one with a tendency to moving the goal posts. How do those images & videos have any bearing on or relevance to my point about reading Novum Organum.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tough fucking shit; kiss my ass. I expect that the Catholic Church thinks central elements of the theory of evolution are "irrelevant opinion" but that doesn't prove that they're right, and only suggests they have their heads in the sand, or some other place where the sun don't shine. A feature they seem to share with you.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

[youtube]UJpnYg4Lrrs[/youtube]

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Seriously Steerlter. I can do this all night.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

comhcinc wrote:Seriously Steerlter. I can do this all night.
And who then is the bigger troll? And dickhead. A class act there comhcinc - maybe there's a factor there that's contributed to your marital breakup ....

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Steersman wrote:
And who then is the bigger troll? And dickhead. A class act there comhcinc - maybe there's a factor there that's contributed to your marital breakup ....
Lol you want to make it personal? Sure. Okay. I can do this.

free thoughtpolice

Classy

ConcentratedH2O, OM

comhcinc wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Lol you want to make it personal? Sure. Okay. I can do this.
Haha!

Steersman is such a cunt.

Thank you for quoting this so us wise folk who ignore the cunt can see the true extent of his intellectual artillery. Which seems to be blowing the paper wrapper from a drinking straw into your eye.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

https://twitter.com/koretzky/status/618794060338180096

Links to: http://blogs.spjnetwork.org/region3/201 ... on-reddit/

"Reporting on reddit"
Intro by Michael Koretzky
Story is by Gideon Grudo and Tyler Krome

They took the most amazing journalistic approach. (Too early to say, though, if it'll catch on.) What they did is, they actually interviewed people involved in the thing they were reporting about - unlike major media, which seemed to just repeat pretty much verbatim what the CEO & co-owner told them.