Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
CuntajusRationality

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by CuntajusRationality »

Gefan wrote:Currently in Northern Virginia, realm of the wild Mykeru.
Apparently, these critters favor fetid swampland.
Business or pleasure?

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Business.
I've gotten reasonably good at weaseling out of trips to Asia but the domestic ones are proving much harder to avoid.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Gefan wrote:Business.
I've gotten reasonably good at weaseling out of trips to Asia but the domestic ones are proving much harder to avoid.
I think there are more gay prostitutes in Asia, though.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The next time you encounter a young black man rapping problematic misogyny
and/or
you see women wearing bikinis the beach instead of lab coats in the STEM classroom...

correct the problem with this musical gem
from the Beach Boy's Brian Wilson...

[youtube]Sz0SnpN_O00[/youtube]

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

feathers wrote:
I think there are more gay prostitutes in Asia, though.
I'll take your word for it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Scented Nectar wrote: I hope that one of those nice ladies at the forefront of modern feminism steps up and gets the ball rolling to make it illegal to serve or sell alcohol to women, and also illegal for women to knowingly endanger themselves by wilfully drinking. It puts them in danger and it takes away their adult agency, unlike whatever it does to men. Perhaps Rebecca or someone like that can start the campaign.
The village should also erect a special "women's hut" where they can go while menstruating. I nominate Ashley F. Miller to head this project.

CuntajusRationality

Relative prevalence of different fetishes
http://www.nature.com/ijir/journal/v19/ ... 1547a.html
The aim of this study was to estimate the relative frequency of Fetishes in a large sample of individuals. Using the Internet as a data source, we examined 381 discussion groups. We estimate, very conservatively, that at least 5000 individuals were targeted. The relative frequency of each preference category was estimated considering (a) the number of groups devoted to the category, (b) the number of individuals participating in the groups and (c) the number of messages exchanged. The three measures agree both parametrically (Cronbach's alpha=0.91) and non-parametrically (Kendall's W=0.94, P<0.01). Preferences for body parts or features and for objects usually associated with the body were most common (33 and 30%, respectively), followed by preferences for other people's behavior (18%), own behavior (7%), social behavior (7%) and objects unrelated to the body (5%). Feet and objects associated with feet were the most common target of preferences. These findings provide the first large database in an area, where the knowledge is particularly scarce.
http://i.imgur.com/VG4ZdZM.jpg

CuntajusRationality

If you have some time to kill and it's your cup of tea, consider checking out the Air and Space Museum Annex (Udvar Hazy Center) right down the road from Dulles Airport.

They have the Space Shuttle Discovery, the Enola Gay, an SR-71 Blackbird, Concorde, etc. Definitely worth the price of admission.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Pitchguest wrote: http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/That+f ... 465364.jpg

The one on the far right is from one of Wu's games. One of many over-sexualized, fat-shaming charters Wu has incorporated into her games.

This is Holiday from Revolution 60.

https://de45xmedrsdbp.cloudfront.net/Sh ... 873639.png

Fucking LOL.
How sad that Wu can't even create a cartoon character that passes.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Real poster from a doctor's waiting room in South Shields, U.K. Only women can't consent when drunk. Only men commit sex crimes. Equality for all.
If I ever go back to England I'm never even stepping into a pub, or if I do I'll go there wearing clothes which reek of piss and I'll only talk to guys. I've been kissed by random women who were probably intoxicated. According to these standards I was probably guilty of sexual harassment and assault.
Given that the small text in the lower right apparently says "Coastal Carolina University", it seems unlikely to have made it to a doctor's office in the UK. From what I've seen, no one has been able to figure out the actual origin of the poster. It may just be a content submission to a student newsletter. It should be mocked, of course, and does represent the implied beliefs of campus "rape awareness activists" and "rape safety officers". But it probably doesn't have much real world significance. It could even be a Poe.
You're right.
My mate sent it to me. Said his brother sent it to him from a doctors office in South Shields. I've just pulled him up on it, and he said his brother admitted he lied.
Fucking knobs.
My fault though for not checking. Mea culpa and all that.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

feathers wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

About the Author
Nashid Al-Amin is a native New Yorker born and raised in Harlem. A Vietnam-era Army veteran who served three years, Al-Amin was stationed in France and Germany during the mid-1960s and spent time in five other European countries, including a two-week leave in Copenhagen, Denmark. He earned a master’s degree in English and is an adjunct professor at Essex County College in Newark, N.J. Al-Amin has been studying history for more than 40 years and began focusing on the Vikings in 1991.
Trafford Publishing, an Author Solutions, Inc. author services imprint, was the first publisher in the world to offer an “on-demand publishing service,” and has led the independent publishing revolution since its establishment in 1995. Trafford was also one of the earliest publishers to utilize the Internet for selling books. More than 10,000 authors from over 120 countries have utilized Trafford’s experience for self publishing their books. For more information about Trafford Publishing, or to publish your book today, call 1-888-232-4444 or visit trafford.com.

Two-week leave in Copenhagen! County-college adjunct professor! A bio worthy of Richard Carrier! tee-heeeee!
I've spent 14 years here and haven't seen a single black viking. I want my taxes back.
Christ on a bagel. Iceland holds the purest remains of the Viking culture. No fucking black Vikings. No Scandinavian Zulus either. The quest to put POC in every fucking culture they want to rob gets pretty annoying.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

CuntajusRationality wrote:Relative prevalence of different fetishes
The aim of this study was to estimate the relative frequency of Fetishes in a large sample of individuals. Using the Internet as a data source, we examined 381 discussion groups. We estimate, very conservatively, that at least 5000 individuals were targeted. The relative frequency of each preference category was estimated considering (a) the number of groups devoted to the category, (b) the number of individuals participating in the groups and (c) the number of messages exchanged. The three measures agree both parametrically (Cronbach's alpha=0.91) and non-parametrically (Kendall's W=0.94, P<0.01). Preferences for body parts or features and for objects usually associated with the body were most common (33 and 30%, respectively), followed by preferences for other people's behavior (18%), own behavior (7%), social behavior (7%) and objects unrelated to the body (5%). Feet and objects associated with feet were the most common target of preferences. These findings provide the first large database in an area, where the knowledge is particularly scarce.
Never understood the foot fetish thing, at all. I've sucked my partner's toes before, but it was for her benefit, not mine.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

SM12 wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Real poster from a doctor's waiting room in South Shields, U.K. Only women can't consent when drunk. Only men commit sex crimes. Equality for all.
And remember, the law was changed so that a man can be charged with raping his wife.

Quite right too, but try not to get too carried away if the pair of you have a couple of drinks to celebrate your wedding.

You don't want to spend your honeymoon in jail.

So when you toast the bride at the wedding reception, make sure her glass is empty.

Because the law is the law.
If this actually gained a lot of traction, men would stop buying women drinks. Would avoid places that have half price specials for ladies night. At frat parties, men would be smacking drinks out of women's hands.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:Just a quick driveby:

I just finished watching three episodes of The Bridge and all I have to say is that Saga Norén is a hoot and more into the Aspie spectrum than I am for sure.

I would like to think that I at least have successfully passed as a normie for decades now simply because I was able to see how I was different and adjust my behavior accordingly. Mind, it is a strain and despite my success it has not got any easier over the years.

Saga on the other hand, has no chance at all of successfully passing. The pick up at the bar had me in stitches especially so because I have a male relative who was notorious for successfully hooking up while behaving exactly like Saga! It was unbelievable but it worked.

Anyway, my hat is off to Sofia Helin for her performance of Saga Norén! She nailed the part. Totally credible. A great performance. Bravo!
Saga wouldn't pass for neurotypic - but she'd never think of being assessed for autism. It wouldn't occur to her that a diagnosis would be necessary or even useful.

She probably wouldn't get a referral for an assessment if she asked for one in any case. A doctor wouldn't make a referral unless autism was causing distress and it's clear that she is functioning well enough without a diagnosis.

I only got a referral for an assessment when my job changed so that I was dealing directly with people instead of validating data. I completely ceased to function, withdrew completely into myself and was ultimately incapable of speaking at work (selective mutism).

Saga seems perfectly capable of communicating with others even though she lacks social skills and the ability to understand irony or figures of speech. She's inflexible where rules are concerned but she's a cop so that's not really a problem for her - though it is a problem for others.

Shatterface
Agreed pretty much. She is very functional, but I would hate to see her try to raise normie children. Who knows though she might be successful?

feathers

Post by feathers »

CuntajusRationality wrote:
If you have some time to kill and it's your cup of tea, consider checking out the Air and Space Museum Annex (Udvar Hazy Center) right down the road from Dulles Airport.

They have the Space Shuttle Discovery, the Enola Gay, an SR-71 Blackbird, Concorde, etc. Definitely worth the price of admission.
See Gefan, they called it Enola Gay in honour of the people they were about to evaporate.

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Christ on a bagel. Iceland holds the purest remains of the Viking culture. No fucking black Vikings. No Scandinavian Zulus either. The quest to put POC in every fucking culture they want to rob gets pretty annoying.
I was sceptical at first but look at the cover of the book: those Vikings are clearly black.

You can't argue with FACTS.

Shatterface

Shatterface as Guest

NoGodsEver wrote:Never understood the foot fetish thing, at all. I've sucked my partner's toes before, but it was for her benefit, not mine.
The fact it's called podophilia doesn't help.

I hate feet. I can see why evolution put them as far away from our noses as possible.

From my understanding the region of the brain responsible for sensing input from our genitals is ajacent to that of our feet so I can see why they might be associated with sex.

Shatterface

feathers

Post by feathers »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Christ on a bagel. Iceland holds the purest remains of the Viking culture. No fucking black Vikings. No Scandinavian Zulus either. The quest to put POC in every fucking culture they want to rob gets pretty annoying.
I was sceptical at first but look at the cover of the book: those Vikings are clearly black.

You can't argue with FACTS.

Shatterface
A couple of weeks with 100 men in an open boat sealed with pine tar and with just enough to drink and you'll be black too.

Really?

Post by Really? »

How in the world can that be? Nearly half of the population has a foot fetish?

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

I'm sure that this has something to do with the direction one is punching, but I'm still waiting for a demand to have white Zulus.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Really? wrote:
Maybe 4&% went-ahead & fucked the double-amputee?

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Really? wrote: How in the world can that be? Nearly half of the population has a foot fetish?
Still not as baffling as 9 percent liking watersports.

SM12

Post by SM12 »

Really? wrote:
Nearly half the population of 381 discussion groups on the Internet has a foot fetish.

That could be, judging by my survey of alt.foot.fetish.* groups.

Was that survey totally unbiased?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Genital fetish: 4%.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

I have come to the conclusion that Phil is a post life being. Post life beings are people who should have died, but an unintentional factor caused their existence to shift into post-life phase rather than the death realm.

Unfortunately for phil this means fate shall be trying to kill him from now until it succeeds. This is the self evident fact which proves my hypothesis.

Tough luck Phil, nice knowin you, who is keeping the book and will give me odds on this year.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Service Dog wrote:Genital fetish: 4%.
Gross, nothing turns me off more than thinking about genitals when having sex.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

What the fuck did you just do to my eyes

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

SM12 wrote: Nearly half the population of 381 discussion groups on the Internet has a foot fetish.

That could be, judging by my survey of alt.foot.fetish.* groups.

Was that survey totally unbiased?
Careful, lad. You're showing your age if you know about usenet hierarchies. You just inspired me to open some archived posts in MacSoup going back to the 1990's. Thanks - I enjoyed reading them again.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

kS7ZEbrn71ArvkzZL3RS5NlN_dreamt.jpg
(39.93 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Fuck me - it even turns Greg Laden into reGreta.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

screwtape wrote:
Careful, lad. You're showing your age if you know about usenet hierarchies. You just inspired me to open some archived posts in MacSoup going back to the 1990's. Thanks - I enjoyed reading them again.
I was part of the group that eventually spun rec.sport.pro-wrestling off from rec.sport.misc, who were getting pretty sick of us.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Sulman wrote:http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-27287402

This is hurting my head.
Checking your privilege doesn't mean anyone is asking you to say "I only have things because I am part of privileged groups". It does mean someone is asking you to say "By position of a characteristic I was born with, I have been helped, or at least not hurt, more than others without this characteristic". It does not mean anyone wants you to apologize for it; it does mean someone is asking for an acknowledgement of the implications of it, either for how it is impacted where you are now, how it might be skewing your perspective or level of knowledge in discussing a subject, or for how the lack of that same privilege may have made things different for someone else.
This statement would ring more true if I hadn't seen SJWs trying to do all those things that this writer is emphatically telling me they don't do.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

NoGodsEver wrote:
Really? wrote: How in the world can that be? Nearly half of the population has a foot fetish?
You need moar Taoism. It all must balance out. For each person who gets pissed off, somebody else must be pissed on.

James Caruthers

Kirbmarc wrote:
Aneris wrote:An anti-feminist nightmare? I don't even see how anything about this character is feministic, but with postmodernist literary critique everything is possible, it seems. Stephanie Zvan is neither eccentric, nor a “good girl”, nor a playful psychopath. She has as much with Harley Quinn in common as a Yeti with a Belgian waffle.
Stephanie Zvan probably isn't a former gymnast either.

Anyway, you're right Aneris, Harley Quinn is probably the least feminist female character out there. She's incredibly devoted and dependent on the Joker. She does everything for him out of "love". She sacrificed a very promising career to become a badly battered henchwoman. She's often implied to take care of his "domestic" stuff (mending his socks, doing his laundry etc.) Moreover she's the poster child for domestic abuse: the Joker kicks her in the ass, beats her up, throws her out of windows, even shoots at her on a regular basis, and she's always there for him in the end.

She's a fun character and I like her, but it's very telling that despite her role as a love slave for a man feminists love her. She's the Patriarchy personified to a cartoonish degree and secretly most radfem actually harbor patriarchal and rape fantasies. They secretly enjoy "being sinful" in their mind just like many conservative Christians secretly enjoy fantasies about satanic rituals and depraved sex acts or devoted Communists who enjoyed "capitalist propaganda" like adverts and soap operas.

Repressed people often have a complex love-hate relationship with the things they claim to hate so much.
The opposite of love is not hate but indifference.

This is why I never talk about Anita Sarkeesian beyond wondering why people talk about her so damn much. Some anti-Anita hateboners are out of control.

You'd think Szvanity would have picked up Batgirl/Oracle instead of Harley. Or maybe Poison Ivy since she don't need no man, but I guess the domestic violence abusive victim is the more attractive feminist option.

One presumes the Joker has also mistreated her sexually, since he's insane and mistreats everyone.

Feminists talk about modifying existing works to become more feminist because, when you try to create something original and interesting, it's very difficult to do this while also remaining completely politically correct.

You lot may think of me as SJW scum, you MRA right-winger Aurinis, :dance: but even so... It's not possible to create great art or even complex entertainment if you, all the while, are concerned with who you might offend. Great work comes from inside and often includes dark, nuanced ideas and characters or situations posed as questions, rather than dogmatically asserted as The Right Way To Be.

What does it say to me if every comic book female character is perfectly feminist? I would find that as boring as if every video game female wore chainmail boobkini armor over EEE tits and posed seductively in battle.

I think some feminists understand this. But SJWs do not. Nuance in media is no friend to SJW moral purity. I would never argue that SJWs should not be allowed to spew their pointless invective at video games, comics or anything else they find morally impure. That is their legal right. Perhaps some good will even come of their witless criticisms. But anyone who sets out to create with the SJW mindset will, I think, find themselves thwarted unless they invoke "It's Okay When I Do It" SJW philosophy.

In which case, SJW is just a label artists can wrap themselves in, like the Communist Party, to designate their works as acceptable.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Nah, last time he didn't react to a "joke" - that there was an honest to god online diagnosis.

Actually it wasn't even a focussed dox - rather it was a back hander for Matt. The method was incidental - though no doubt peripherally orgasmic.

At a certain age I guess you enjoy what quivers you can get.
There never was any goddamn "online diagnosis ". It was an obvious, taste-of-your-own-medicine joke -- and for me at least, an intentionally mean-spirited one, cuz that odious, anti-social, fat sack of lying shit puts me in mean spirits.

PZ Myers, that rape-porn-promoting, rape-joke-making, bestiality-condoning, alleged sexual harasser, got his yellow-in-front-brown-in-back BVDs all in a twist because: 1) the joke indirectly maligned the honor of his damsel-skank, beckybooze, for jesting that she and the other polyamorous, ball-pit-groping, Carrier-jizz-sharing skankchicks might be at higher risk for acquiring STDs, and; 2) Peez the Perv likely does lust after said damsel-skank, fapping his 4" pud with a rubber tentacle while watching her youtubes.

No, Peez didn't come after me because: 1) I'm self-doxxed; 2) I'm self-employed; 3) I'm a dude. Like the sexually repressed dork social misfit rape/rescue/reward fantasizing mangina "male feminist ally" he is, Peez actually despises women; so he picked on the girl. I'm easy enough to find if he wants to have a go, whether on a pier, in a public debate, or in California Small Claims Court. But Peez, while a rabid, foaming, vindictive little shit of a bully behind the safety of his banhammer, is a craven, simpering weasel in person. He'd soil his trousers if he ever came face-to-face with a real live "slymepitter", especially a man. (cf. "the pogsurf encounter".)

I look forward to enjoying from afar his pathetic existence as pariah & laughing stock, and his continued slide into obscurity and irrelevance.
For the SJW there is nothing more serious than a joke. As shown by Hunt, jokes are an invaluable and low hanging opportunity for a public reprisal against the patriarchy.

James Caruthers

Konrad_Cruze wrote: I suspect poe. It hits all the points that would annoy the likes of us. Either the creator is a dip shit or its a poe.
I also doubt the poster is real. Seems like outrage bait.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Service Dog wrote:Genital fetish: 4%.
Yeah that stood out to me too. I didn't realise my love of pussy of all types was a fetish. 4% that makes at least 86% of the male respondents liars or weird in my extensive and very well researched book. (Allowing for a 51/49 f/m split and a couple of people who think fannies are icky.)

James Caruthers

Brive1987 wrote:
For the SJW there is nothing more serious than a joke. As shown by Hunt, jokes are an invaluable and low hanging opportunity for a public reprisal against the patriarchy.
Of course. People drop their guards when they tell a joke. They slip into Verboten territory and say things others find offensive. That they did not mean it is no excuse!

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

James Caruthers wrote:
Konrad_Cruze wrote: I suspect poe. It hits all the points that would annoy the likes of us. Either the creator is a dip shit or its a poe.
I also doubt the poster is real. Seems like outrage bait.
It's a work of art

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:Fine, then. That's the last time that I'm going to answer a direct question from grass.
If this was a fifth-grade-or-higher way to tell me not to answer questions that were addressed to someone else, please forgive me for being so enthusiastic about the show. I agree that I was rude.
Absolutely. And next time I'll cut you with your razor. And then I'll pull couch up by his spreading roots. And then mow him over.

CuntajusRationality

Things are starting to get a tad ugly at Carrier's sorry-for-being-a-spunk-loving-creep post.

https://archive.is/zRAAq

Someone named Judith from the original thread is still there hammering away at Carrier, and several people are stepping up to his defense and having a go at her. They don't like how she's parsing and nitpicking Carrier's apology and aren't convinced she's not a troll. Enter Brony who is more on her side than theirs. Judith says one commenter, Kainan, may have defamed her by saying she tried to blackmail Carrier and she asks for a retraction. Carrier feels emboldened enough to tell her she's "just wrong" and making feminists look bad.

All of this is happening with no apparent sense of irony of course. I mean it's not like Carrier and friends have helped to create and nurture this monster, this call-out culture that thrives on parsing every Tweet and every utterance to find any semblance of malice. I guess they don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot. How strange.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

you guys there is the opposite of midget porn. it has amazon women with hairy boobs and deep voices.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Lsuoma wrote:
kS7ZEbrn71ArvkzZL3RS5NlN_dreamt.jpg
Fuck me - it even turns Greg Laden into reGreta.
I just got pre tsd

Shatterface as Guest

Without wanting to get into the debate about Greece - which I think might be OT for this site - it's amazing the U-turn left wing commentators have made on the EU in the last week or so, having spent decades attacking critics of the EU as racists and Little Englanders.

The exception to this is the knee-jerk contrarians at Sp!ked who have reversed their previous Euroskepticism and decided that those now critical of the EU are actually Germanophobic.

Shatterface

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Aneris wrote:An anti-feminist nightmare? I don't even see how anything about this character is feministic, but with postmodernist literary critique everything is possible, it seems. Stephanie Zvan is neither eccentric, nor a “good girl”, nor a playful psychopath. She has as much with Harley Quinn in common as a Yeti with a Belgian waffle.
Stephanie Zvan probably isn't a former gymnast either.

Anyway, you're right Aneris, Harley Quinn is probably the least feminist female character out there. She's incredibly devoted and dependent on the Joker. She does everything for him out of "love". She sacrificed a very promising career to become a badly battered henchwoman. She's often implied to take care of his "domestic" stuff (mending his socks, doing his laundry etc.) Moreover she's the poster child for domestic abuse: the Joker kicks her in the ass, beats her up, throws her out of windows, even shoots at her on a regular basis, and she's always there for him in the end.

She's a fun character and I like her, but it's very telling that despite her role as a love slave for a man feminists love her. She's the Patriarchy personified to a cartoonish degree and secretly most radfem actually harbor patriarchal and rape fantasies. They secretly enjoy "being sinful" in their mind just like many conservative Christians secretly enjoy fantasies about satanic rituals and depraved sex acts or devoted Communists who enjoyed "capitalist propaganda" like adverts and soap operas.

Repressed people often have a complex love-hate relationship with the things they claim to hate so much.
I have no clue in her case, really. The article that proclaims the feminist side:
http://www.vulture.com/2014/12/harley-q ... squad.html

Doesn't this part seem oddly familiar?
Vulture wrote:One of the biggest Harley fans I’ve encountered is an Australian named Elise Archer, who’s been a fan since the early days and says her fixation on Harley has helped her through her own battles with PTSD and clinical depression. She was adamant that Harley was one of the most important feminist figures in superhero fiction — not in spite of her shortcomings, but because of them.

“I don’t want to be condescended to with strong, independent female characters who don’t have any flaws and are just kinda perfect and sane and never make bad relationship choices,” she said. “For me, the freedom Harley’s been given to be a fuck-up is much less misogynist than all these other hackneyed stories thrust on female characters again and again.”
The reasoning is first rate postmodern bollocks and it would be no problem if people just enjoy what they enjoy. But to feminists and social justice warriors, the personal is the political and so their anti-reason becomes weaponized, as we see with Stephanie Zvan.

Counter-articles exist as well...
http://splicetoday.com/politics-and-med ... t-feminist
Splice Today wrote:The fan's definition of “feminism” seems to be “anything thing that involves women and that we like.” Another fan's definition of “misogyny” seems to be “a thing that involves women and that we dislike.”
This is certainly the case with sexism, too where sexism is '"something with sex, or sexy, we don't approve of", hence scantly clad women in media not enjoyed by feminists is sexist, but if feminists like it, it's empowering. There was a rational original reasoning behind this, but comically, it's forgotten later on, and Zvan and the likes play no small part in this in the atheist-skeptics movement. However, were would be the fun without their boundless ineptitude.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

KiwiInOz wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:Fine, then. That's the last time that I'm going to answer a direct question from grass.
If this was a fifth-grade-or-higher way to tell me not to answer questions that were addressed to someone else, please forgive me for being so enthusiastic about the show. I agree that I was rude.
Absolutely. And next time I'll cut you with your razor. And then I'll pull couch up by his spreading roots. And then mow him over.
Do that to Couch and he will come back stronger than you can possibly imagine.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Do that to Couch and he will come back stronger than you can possibly imagine.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Za-zen wrote:
I'm not sure, but whatever it is, can I get your retroactive consent? :?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

NoGodsEver wrote:
Right? The number should be triple that.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Za-zen wrote:
Only if you tell us how well your "handyman" performed with your screw problem.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Bourne Skeptic wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Za-zen wrote:What the fuck did you just do to my eyes
Only if you tell us how well your "handyman" performed with your screw problem.
Hmm, by the sounds of how you worded that, we'll need his consent too. :lol:

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

CuntajusRationality wrote:Things are starting to get a tad ugly at Carrier's sorry-for-being-a-spunk-loving-creep post.

Even those supporting Carrier seem to be ribbing him: (my emphasis)
I’m not saying you should get all in people’s faces about this, but a few delicate flowers shouldn’t have the right to silence adults that wish to discuss topics about things that are out there in the real world.
:cdc:

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

CuntajusRationality wrote:Things are starting to get a tad ugly at Carrier's sorry-for-being-a-spunk-loving-creep post.

Someone named Judith from the original thread is still there hammering away at Carrier, and several people are stepping up to his defense and having a go at her. They don't like how she's parsing and nitpicking Carrier's apology and aren't convinced she's not a troll. Enter Brony who is more on her side than theirs. Judith says one commenter, Kainan, may have defamed her by saying she tried to blackmail Carrier and she asks for a retraction. Carrier feels emboldened enough to tell her she's "just wrong" and making feminists look bad.

All of this is happening with no apparent sense of irony of course. I mean it's not like Carrier and friends have helped to create and nurture this monster, this call-out culture that thrives on parsing every Tweet and every utterance to find any semblance of malice. I guess they don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot. How strange.
Doesn't brony have Tourettes syndrome as well as puppet love? You would think would have more empathy for Carrier.
Also seems to be some suspicion that Judith character is a Slymepit troll.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Another driveby:

Currently on Season 01 Episode 07 of the Bridge and Saga Norén is fucking hilarious!!!

I no longer care about finding out who the perp is. All I want to know is what Saga will do/say next. Fucking LMAO.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Check out Kainan's transphobic use of scare quotes around Judith's preferred gender pronouns:
Kainan says

July 13, 2015 at 11:39 pm

abear, I’m glad I’m not the only one to suspect that this “Judith” might be a troll. I thought I was getting paranoid.
The amount of pure aggression in “her” comments is astounding, even if it is slightly gilded by faux politeness.
I mean, that “cake with feces” description of Richard’s open and sincere apology must take the cake:
“What you are asking us to do here is enjoy the rest of the cake and just ignore the feces. No thanks, I’d rather just skip the cake entirely if I have to accept the soiled part with it.”
But notice one thing: “she” contradicts herself, because earlier “she” wrote:
“If I were the only person in the world aside from you, this would be over and done.”
So which is it, really? Would “she” have eaten the “cake” or not?
https://images.encyclopediadramatica.se ... _Chart.png

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice wrote:

Doesn't brony have Tourettes syndrome as well as puppet love? You would think would have more empathy for Carrier.
Also seems to be some suspicion that Judith character is a Slymepit troll.
It also seems as though Carrier is alienating his bread-and-butter target audience, already a tiny sliver of a tiny sliver of a tiny sliver of the population (emphasis mine):
W95628 says
July 13, 2015 at 7:28 pm
First time post, first time reader of just a few days ago, having searched out Carrier in regards to one of his books and finding this post and all the drama. So, I don’t have a history here, but I have to say that I’m not sure all the angst around Carrier’s post suggests a worthwhile venue to visit.
I did see the ‘offensive’ post, and while it’s not really my cup of tea (I’m not interested in what any man says about his own fluids), it seems that when a group is discussing sexuality and explicit porn, etc., there are times when personal aspects or proclivities can creep in and shouldn’t automatically be cause for running a guy out on the rails.
All the extreme parsing and re-parsing of apologies and explanations is tiresome and annoying. It seems this happens too often in online forums–people take exception or offense to one word or the other, and pretty soon, it’s an all-out slap-fest. Geez, the guy apologized and then that is torn apart, leading him to offer a huge genuflect to the gods of internet propriety. Now he has to tiptoe around to make sure he doesn’t cross the guardians.
Sure, an apology may have been needed, but if this had happened at a party in person, he would have been shut down in some way (or ignored), he would have apologized, and then the conversation would have continued. All the extreme caution does in this case is to limit the discourse. IMO, rules should be set, and anything else goes, especially in a venue containing the words “free thought”! If an unseen line is crossed, state as such and let it continue, without punishment. I bet Carrier won’t be posting much here any more, probably a loss given that he does seem to be someone who thinks about things a lot.
I’m sure I’m going to flamed until I’m a crispy carbon skeleton, so be it, have fun.
Mr. or Ms. W is also unfamiliar with Carrier's general in-person party proclivities and how judgmental he and his friends are of said proclivities when held by others...

Really?

Post by Really? »

And guess who's mansplaining feminism to a woman:
Richard Carrier says
July 14, 2015 at 1:34 pm
You’re just wrong. And kind of making feminists look bad. I don’t see how that’s useful even to your own stated goals. But you are welcome to continue doing this if you think it’s productive.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Really? wrote:And guess who's mansplaining feminism to a woman:
Richard Carrier says
You’re just wrong. And kind of making feminists look bad. I don’t see how that’s useful even to your own stated goals. But you are welcome to continue doing this if you think it’s productive.
Where is Sally Strange when you need her?

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Service Dog wrote:

Check out Kainan's transphobic use of scare quotes around Judith's preferred gender pronouns:
Kainan says

July 13, 2015 at 11:39 pm

abear, I’m glad I’m not the only one to suspect that this “Judith” might be a troll. I thought I was getting paranoid.
The amount of pure aggression in “her” comments is astounding, even if it is slightly gilded by faux politeness.
I mean, that “cake with feces” description of Richard’s open and sincere apology must take the cake:
“What you are asking us to do here is enjoy the rest of the cake and just ignore the feces. No thanks, I’d rather just skip the cake entirely if I have to accept the soiled part with it.”
But notice one thing: “she” contradicts herself, because earlier “she” wrote:
“If I were the only person in the world aside from you, this would be over and done.”
So which is it, really? Would “she” have eaten the “cake” or not?
https://images.encyclopediadramatica.se ... _Chart.png
I don't think Judith is a Pitter. Her posts would be funnier if she were.

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Really? wrote:And guess who's mansplaining feminism to a woman:
Richard Carrier says
Where is Sally Strange when you need her?
Trying to resist going all Ogvorbis on her brother. Again.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:Without wanting to get into the debate about Greece - which I think might be OT for this site - it's amazing the U-turn left wing commentators have made on the EU in the last week or so, having spent decades attacking critics of the EU as racists and Little Englanders.

The exception to this is the knee-jerk contrarians at Sp!ked who have reversed their previous Euroskepticism and decided that those now critical of the EU are actually Germanophobic.

Shatterface
Got to pick you up on this, the "u-turn" has happened, because Europe has changed. Or at least the "left" has realised the European project isn't what it thought it was. The "left" were never universally in support of the European project, Persons like me were in favor, because I believe people coming together around what unites us is a good thing! The fewer borders, the fucking better!

For a long time a lot of us have known that it's a top heavy corrupt overweight bureaucracy, but presumed that in the long time it would thin out, in essence many of us were taking a leap of faith in the project, because we wanted to believe.

Greece, changed fucking everything. What I knew before the Greece catastrophe, is the one fucking country that actually needs the euro zone is Germany. Anyway Europe actually looks in the mirror during this period, and returns to actually aspiring to be something worthwhile, instead of being an extension of the boardrooms for big corp. It's fucked, and i'll happily watch it burn.

What I believe Greece should do is sue Germany, for the total value of it's debt as reparations for the raping of it's people, occupation of iit's land, theft of its treasure during ww2.

See how quickly Germany would sing a different fucking tune, about responsibility then. To those who say "well Germany is putting up the bulk of the Euro's to keep Greece afloat", like fuck it is, is is giving greece euros the overwhelming majority of which goes directly back to German banks. Merkle is keeping Greece chained to paying interest to the German based baking sector.