Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Really?

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Really? »

didymos wrote:
Tony! The Queer Shoop

24 July 2015 at 10:48 pm

Fuck. The pitters are going to be all over this too.
John Morales

24 July 2015 at 10:54 pm

Are, Tony. I have looked.
Hey, John, could you tell Tony Queer to stop victim blaming? The Slymepit's explicit purpose is to laugh at all of you.

Really?

Post by Really? »

James Caruthers wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Slight change of subject - so who here has been frothing at Heina then?
Has Clarence come back, or something?
Looks like a quote mined from Carrier deceiving his wife and cheating on her with married women.
It's a Miri quote.

https://archive.is/aCB9F

And what the fuck is "solo polyamory?" Masturbating to the men's and or women's soccer teams?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Lsuoma wrote:Andrew, apparently archive.is is blocked in Finland, it's not a language issue.
The theory is that Google Translate is not blocked.

So, you ask translate to grab the page and translate it into Finnish. The translation is then presented to your client.

Your client is invoking the services of another client which does not actually fetch the page from the blocked address but presents you with a translated version served up from a different address.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

JackSkeptic wrote:
Karmakin wrote:I've long made the argument that the eventual downfall of the modern SJW culture is their views on gender and especially how it relates to trangenderism and sexuality. It's simply unsustainable, as in reality it's something much more regressive, and doesn't fit in neatly with the rest of their beliefs.

The obvious thing to say, is that while somewhat rare it happens that someone is in a sexed body of a certain type (male or female), and has a brain makeup that's strongly of the opposite type. There's nothing wrong with this, and people should be treated with respect and dignity. But at the same time, it is an outlier and as such mistakes will be made so we all have to just move forward with an open mind and be understanding of the other person.

Is that' fucking difficult? Well, it is if you want to make gender/sexuality a fucking political statement and for it to be something you can mold in others. That's why the above paragraph...which IMO is the best understanding for everybody involved..is simply a non-starter. Because innate brain makeup means that people are not as moldable as they want them to be.
SJW's love to invent outrage to be outraged about as it gives them a shot of the endomorhines they crave. So things that are simple to grasp or that are a non issue for us mere mortals they find 'problematic', such as cultural appropriation or gender. It's all based on feels, which directly contradicts normal human behavior and is often racist, sexist, abelist and totally against rationalism. So it falls apart sooner or later and as the edges get frayed they chew each other up. Benson is one of many victims. My heart bleeds.

In the meantime I suspect many of them regret taking on gamers. US secularists are an easy target as due to the religious/political demographic many lean towards Cultural Marxism anyway. Gamers are highly diverse coming from all beliefs, sexualities, genders and backgrounds all over the world. One of the great things about gaming is how it has brought diversity together which lead to a greater understanding and respect. SJW's can't have that. Can't have people getting on as where is the outrage opportunity in that? Must enforce right think and wreck every culture they touch, it's the only way. Bunch of Fascists.
BTW ... The SJW set may be unable to help themselves How your brain reacts to emotional information is influenced by your genes
Carriers of the gene variation showed significantly more activity in a region of the brain responsible for regulating emotions and evaluating both pleasure and threat. Todd believes this may help explain why some people are more susceptible to PTSD and intrusive memories following trauma.

"Emotions are not only about how feel about the world, but how our brains influence our perception of it," says Adam Anderson, professor of human development at Cornell University and senior author of the study. "As our genes influence how we literally see the positive and negative aspects of our world more clearly, we may come to believe the world has more rewards or threats."
So basically they are like cats who have discovered catnip. They have an addiction that there is no cure for. 'Cause they were born that way.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

didymos wrote:
Tony! The Queer Shoop

John Morales

Is that not a bannable offense over at baboon land? Admitting that one has perused the pit?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Really? wrote:
And what the fuck is "solo polyamory?
Remember when you were in your 20s and not really seriously seeing anyone? Maybe dating a couple of people and every now and then picking up a person at a bar every now and then?

This, but you can't write a blog about this and you can't be considered special. It's a made up term for what a lot of people do at some point in their life.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

James Caruthers wrote:<snip> But hey, the decision to present as the other gender is a big one, and they know better than I do why they decided to do that. Why not just treat them as they'd like to be treated (if they're not being a dick) and let mental health professionals and scientists figure out the science of gender?
My position as well. From time to time in GamerGate (or here) I'll run into the argument that trans people are delusional. It's an idiotic argument, if you ask me, and fortunately the crowds at both places seem to agree with that in larger numbers than not. I have known many transgender individuals, and not a single one of them has tried to argue (including those I only know of through their writing) that science was wrong, and they were literally a different sex than the one all evidence pointed toward them being. Rather, they insist on a mismatch between reality and what they feel, and a very deep level, should be reality.

You could at that point, if you really wanted to be a dick about it, resort to strawmen about mistmatches between reality and what you feel should be should be reality. Perhaps you're trans-class http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism ... y-problem/, for example. And you know what? The moment you feel so strongly about that you're willing to saw off your own dick (or do something comparable) to prove it? I'll call you whatever you want. Because I'm not a complete asshole.

Really?

Post by Really? »

comhcinc wrote:
Really? wrote:
Remember when you were in your 20s and not really seriously seeing anyone? Maybe dating a couple of people and every now and then picking up a person at a bar every now and then?

This, but you can't write a blog about this and you can't be considered special. It's a made up term for what a lot of people do at some point in their life.
So Carrier is a "solo polyamorist." He calls the women his "girlfriends," but as he has made clear, all of this relationships are tertiary. It's not like when he was married and heading out for fun. He's just a middle-aged guy who wants to have sex with women without having to hear the nagging. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but Carrier acts like he just discovered cold fusion.

Really?

Post by Really? »

jet_lagg wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:<snip> But hey, the decision to present as the other gender is a big one, and they know better than I do why they decided to do that. Why not just treat them as they'd like to be treated (if they're not being a dick) and let mental health professionals and scientists figure out the science of gender?
My position as well. From time to time in GamerGate (or here) I'll run into the argument that trans people are delusional. It's an idiotic argument, if you ask me, and fortunately the crowds at both places seem to agree with that in larger numbers than not. I have known many transgender individuals, and not a single one of them has tried to argue (including those I only know of through their writing) that science was wrong, and they were literally a different sex than the one all evidence pointed toward them being. Rather, they insist on a mismatch between reality and what they feel, and a very deep level, should be reality.

You could at that point, if you really wanted to be a dick about it, resort to strawmen about mistmatches between reality and what you feel should be should be reality. Perhaps you're trans-class http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism ... y-problem/, for example. And you know what? The moment you feel so strongly about that you're willing to saw off your own dick (or do something comparable) to prove it? I'll call you whatever you want. Because I'm not a complete asshole.
I didn't quite get your point about Dolezal. I agree with you about transgender and I don't think I care if Dolezal wants to be black, but where do we draw the line between reality and desired reality?

I guess what I'm saying is: OTHERKIN. If Ophelia comes into contact with a dung beetlekin, is she wrong to disrespect the dung beetlekin's lived experiences?

acathode

Post by acathode »

windy wrote:I wish I could still be surprised by these things. A secular Muslim woman writes a book about the spread of reactionary Islam and the need of reform, and Swedish SJWs accuse her of only acting on behalf of "liberal white men" :doh:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/debatt/article21147990.ab
People who lack my experiences seem to have trouble understanding what I'm talking about. Many of these people act in the debate as defenders of the light and call themselves anti-racists. Anna Ardin, with a background in the Social Democratic 'Faith and Solidarity' movement, went as far on Twitter when she accused me of agitating against Muslims. She also accused me of not having written my book myself because it favors only "liberal white men's interests"
I have realized that clan mentality in the form of identity politics looms over the public debate in Sweden. Opinions are valued based on who presents them rather than factual arguments. The "clan" is more important than the expressed content. It is a deeply disturbing phenomenon.
It's worth pointing out that this debate is in the wake of how several immigrants and muslim women have recently come out and spoken about the problem that have grown in the Muslim/immigrant dominated suburbs where islamistic fundamentalism has become more and more commonplace - with all the issues of real oppression against women and other minorities that comes with it. Women being harassed in the street for simply being outside, harassed at their place work for not wearing veils, and aren't allowed into coffee houses, homosexuals having eggs thrown at their apartments, children and youths being told how to be "good Muslims" and requited to IS etc by fundamentalists, and so on.

One of the women wrote an article where she expressed her something along the lines of "the bearded shadows that I once sought refugee from are here now", because she no longer felt free to be politically active and discussing issues like abortion, nor did she feel free to simply go swimming in a bikini. Another said that the suburb she was living in had started to more and more resemble Afghanistan.

The reaction from the Swedish (SJW) establishment was to deny that there even was a problem with islamic fundamentalism - one of the counter-articles called the women naive for believing that the problems they faces in the suburbs was unique, and instead claimed that the whole Swedish society had these problems and that men who wanted to restrict women's access to the public existed everywhere.

Others accused the Muslim women speaking out of being part of a racist hate-campaign against the suburbs, and for propagating racist and islamophobic stereotypes...

Meanwhile, the nationalistic anti-immigration/anti-Islam party the "Sweden Democrats" got 20%+ in a poll for the first time ever, making them the 2nd largest political party in that poll. SD is a political party that trace it's roots to the genuinely racist/nazi far-right extremist movements in the 90s, and despite that they have been able to double their result in every election since 2002: 2002 - 1,44%, 2006 - 2,93%, 2010 - 5,70%, 2014 - 12,86%. I wonder why....

It looked like it at least it would be extremely unlikely that they'd be able to repeat that feat and double their results for 2018, but fuck me if it isn't starting to look more and more plausible. This is a fucking party where the current party leader joined while most of the party were still running around waving nazi flags and shouting "Sieg heil!" - and 20 years later it's looking as if they might actually become the 2nd largest party in Sweden!

Yes, when the current party leader took over, he initiated a "clean up" and started kicking the nazis etc and there's a 0 tolerance policy against racism - but still, it's just insane - and it's entirely the fault of the current political and media establishment and their complete incompetence when it comes to dealing with anyone and anything that question their SJW narrative (the collective response to the successes of SD has basically been "WTF? We have shouted "RACIST!" for years now, why are people not voting the way we tell them to?!! I know, clearly we need to shout RACIST! even louder, that ought to do the trick!")...

It's just so fucking sad to see the new left fumble and give away the ball, over and over and over again.

Oh, and also, another interesting fact, it bears mentioning that Anna Ardin is the woman that Julian Assange "raped" (or well, he has sex with another Swedish woman as well as Ardin, something neither of the two woman liked when they found out they had been two-timed, so... "rape") - she tends to pop up here and there, she's a social democrat that is climbing the ranks and is very SJWish.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Really? wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Really? wrote:

So Carrier is a "solo polyamorist." He calls the women his "girlfriends," but as he has made clear, all of this relationships are tertiary. It's not like when he was married and heading out for fun. He's just a middle-aged guy who wants to have sex with women without having to hear the nagging. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but Carrier acts like he just discovered cold fusion.
Basically. I mean like when I was meet my wife I was dating like 3 or 4 women. There was nothing poly about it, I was playing the field as it was.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

AndrewV69 wrote:
didymos wrote:
Tony! The Queer Shoop

John Morales

Is that not a bannable offense over at baboon land? Admitting that one has perused the pit?
Only if Myers is looking for an excuse to ban you, as in Oolon's case.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Really? wrote:
I didn't quite get your point about Dolezal. I agree with you about transgender and I don't think I care if Dolezal wants to be black, but where do we draw the line between reality and desired reality?

I guess what I'm saying is: OTHERKIN. If Ophelia comes into contact with a dung beetlekin, is she wrong to disrespect the dung beetlekin's lived experiences?
I like to think I'm consistent, if nothing else, and I did take seriously the idea that Dolezal might be transracial. Her earlier erratic behavior and the fact that this psychological condition is so rare makes it seem unlikely, but still it can't be ruled out.

But primarily my point is that lived experience is a valid argument, so long as its limitations are understood. If I tell you that I've always, really and truly, felt that I was a cat more than a human, you can't say I'm wrong, that I *didn't* really and truly feel that I was a cat. That would be absurd, tantamount to saying you know more about my own phenomenology (or lived experience :p ), than I do. You could say that my feelings don't align with what we observe to be physical reality, but again, I don't know of a single transgender individual who would argue against that statement.

So I'm left to conclude people who say transgender people are delusional either don't actually understand what transgender people are saying, or are being complete assholes.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

jet_lagg wrote:
Really? wrote:

I like to think I'm consistent, if nothing else, and I did take seriously the idea that Dolezal might be transracial. Her earlier erratic behavior and the fact that this psychological condition is so rare makes it seem unlikely, but still it can't be ruled out.

But primarily my point is that lived experience is a valid argument, so long as its limitations are understood. If I tell you that I've always, really and truly, felt that I was a cat more than a human, you can't say I'm wrong, that I *didn't* really and truly feel that I was a cat. That would be absurd, tantamount to saying you know more about my own phenomenology (or lived experience :p ), than I do. You could say that my feelings don't align with what we observe to be physical reality, but again, I don't know of a single transgender individual who would argue against that statement.

So I'm left to conclude people who say transgender people are delusional either don't actually understand what transgender people are saying, or are being complete assholes.
Cats cannot communicate to you the thoughts they would have to express to convey that information to you. Only a fucked up human could.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

jet_lagg wrote:
Really? wrote:

The part in bold looks pretty much like the definition of "delusion", though.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

jet_lagg wrote:
Really? wrote:

What did you take seriously: was it the idea that Dolezal thought she was black? ... was it the idea that Dolezal thought that she could get others to believe that she was black? ... something else? I have taken seriously the second option from the moment I heard of her.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Scented Nectar wrote:
dogen wrote:
dogen wrote:On the subject of preferred pronouns: if I need to memorize a different set of pronouns for each person I interact with, then surely the grammatical point of a pronoun (being able to refer to someone without using their given name) becomes lost?
To be a bit clearer: once pronouns become specific to each person, their main utility -- that of being generic -- goes away. Comments?
Solution: remove gender from everyone's pronouns. There is no good reason to have different ones based on either biological-sex or gender-role-preference anyways. Call everyone the same pronouns.
Fine by me it!

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Old_ones wrote:
Shatterface as Guest wrote:I can't see how Opie can continue at FTB now. It's not just that Lousy and Gabriel have turned on her, it's more that Myers has declined to defend her. He must know what's going on. This, more even than his smears, shows what a cowardly little shit he is.

Shatterface
It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Part of me wonders if some combination of Peezus/Zvanitee/Regretta are trying to do conflict resolution behind the scenes, before Ophie/Frodo/Ronald Mcdonald/Thimbledick turn the entire blog network into Thunderdome. If they manage then they could buy some time, but I'd be really surprised if Ophie ever let go of a grudge, and a lot of them seem to be forming. FTB seems to be accumulating sweaty dynamite at an alarming rate, and even if it doesn't go up in this episode, a serious, network altering, blast may be inevitable in the not too distant future.

:popcorn:
I'm sure there is a lot of backchannel stuff happening. I think this is what happened with Carrier and why he suddenly apologised.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
dogen wrote:
dogen wrote:On the subject of preferred pronouns: if I need to memorize a different set of pronouns for each person I interact with, then surely the grammatical point of a pronoun (being able to refer to someone without using their given name) becomes lost?
To be a bit clearer: once pronouns become specific to each person, their main utility -- that of being generic -- goes away. Comments?
Pronouns that are person-specific are known as names.
Yes, that's exactly my point -- if everyone has their own set of pronouns, then they're no longer pronouns, they're names.

German StrutBoatsman

Post by German StrutBoatsman »

I think Jason Thibeault might be a secret Pit Master.

Just have a look at his profile pic.

Coincidence?
Attachments
Awi2tEJn.jpeg
Run, Ophie, run...
(23.61 KiB) Downloaded 260 times

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Lousy has brought out the knives in his brilliant new post "How do I know he’s a witch-hunter? He is dressed as one!"
Oh, how like a slimer I am in aspect and in character! How viscous my thoughts, how stalker-like my attempts at forming them in context of evidence! I have committed a grievous sin, which I will admit here and hope for papal dispensation from the gatekeepers of intersectionality: I have looked at the Likes on a post on Facebook, on a post that I felt aggrieved people with whom I feel the need to side with in a particular fight.
Ophelia Benson, with whom I have stood shoulder and shoulder in a great many fights against awful human beings bent on destroying feminists for being feminists on the internet, has decreed that I am anathema, that I am like a slimepitter; I am a terrible person and very much creepy and stalkerish for my actions in deciding to disagree with her that the question of whether trans women are women is not an easy one and in my methodology in catching up in the matter. By my picking now, while she feels under assault, to disagree with her specific tack and her specific argumentation about trans women making awful terrible demands of her like asking yes/no questions for clarification, I am of course disingenuous, not legitimately asking but rather just trying to tear her down. I am “joining the mob”. And I am even indistinguishable — despite our history — from that mob.
In the meantime, I side unequivocally with the trans folks who are hurt by this whole incident. Not out of spite of Benson, nor malice, nor attempting to drive traffic or steal traffic or popularity or “drama blogging” or whatever other excuse one might pull from the Grab Bag of I Don’t Wanna Deal With My Criticism. Let’s be honest — I barely blog any more. I can barely find it in me to do any sort of activism, given how high a price you pay when you dare disagree with people within your own community. I am only moved to fight the most proximate of injustices, and I harbor no pretenses that I’ll actually impact on them. Given I have two orders of magnitude lower traffic than Benson at the moment, I suspect only she will really see this (and only then thanks to the two links back to her posts in this one, thus the trackbacks). I further suspect only a select few very close to this issue or motivated to defend her against all attacks might comment. But if she does see this, and makes it to the end of this post without ragequitting half way through, good on her. She should hopefully know I have no “grudge” against her, no “beef”. Maybe the whole story laid out like this will bring her to realize this isn’t an attack, it’s a genuine request for dialogue.
TL:DR I really like Ophelia, but...

http://web.archive.org/web/201507250809 ... ed-as-one/

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Tigzy wrote:Slight change of subject - so who here has been frothing at Heina then?
You know someone's lazy when they find it difficult to fill out a sub-140 character tweet without resorting to copy and paste:
Also, since a married couple fucking bareback is the most unremarkable thing ever, mark me down on the list of people who could not give less of a shit. If you're having trouble finding the list, it's available in several hundred volumes distributed across the world and labeled "Phone Book."

Shit, I'm going to claim that FTB is frothing over my recent announcement that I eat my toast with butter.

SM12

Post by SM12 »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:It's all ok, the whole topic of trans-everything has been Hornbecked and it all becomes clear.

" 'Woman' is statistical, not absolute", also "fuzzy", because micropenises.

http://i.imgur.com/nicsAMo.png
So, the definitions of a woman is fuzzy and not absolute, unless it's a guy in a wig and a dress. Then it is absolute. Full stop.

Will this be on the Professors final?
Just brilliant! The sheer inanity of Hornbeck is amazing.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Lousy wrote:I can barely find it in me to do any sort of activism, given how high a price you pay when you dare disagree with people within your own community.
Another case of coming so close and just not getting it. Who do you think made it that way? Why then do you and your buddies shit so hard on people who DO real activism in spite of constant petty bickering that you reward them with? It's an indirect admission that you're of a lesser caliber than they because they haven't given up and you have, and likely over far less.

Also, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that "viscous" was an attempt at a slime pun and not a typo.

German StrutBoatsman

Aneris wrote:Ms Benson published the following comment as guest post in defence of her not answering the question...
Benson Guest Post wrote:What the hell is so difficult about a yes-and-no answer to the “trans women are women” question? For some, perhaps even most, purposes, yes, absolutely. For other purposes (women’s reproductive health, family policy, FGM), no.

This is no different from any other socially constructed group identity. Is Barack Obama African American? Yes. And no. [...]

Source: https://archive.is/NMTKB
Postmodernist end-stadium? Or channeling “transrace” Ms Dolezal?
It's not about transracialism. Ophelia is pointing out that while Barack Obama is black and treated as such by most people he also has a quite different background to other African-Americans: raised by a white mother and white grand-parents in 'white' circumstances, got into a good 'white' school, etc.

So I think she has a point, though a rather weak one.

German StrutBoatsman

Aneris wrote:And Oolon is also correct, and Ophelia Benson is not. The question: “are trans-woman women?” (if this was indeed the question) can be answered with “yes” and “no” and the answer is of course “yes”, since the trans-person at that point has apparently declared what she prefers. I didn't think this was controversial at all.
I totally agree if we speak about colloquial language or everyday life. In other, more technical contexts the term has a definite meaning. Some transwomen will at some point have to spend time with an urologist like ciswomen won't.
But that's really nit-picking if you speak just about social contexts and I guess that's why Ophelia's motives are questioned right now.

German StrutBoatsman

MacGruberKnows wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:It's all ok, the whole topic of trans-everything has been Hornbecked and it all becomes clear.

So, the definitions of a woman is fuzzy and not absolute, unless it's a guy in a wig and a dress. Then it is absolute. Full stop.

Not his argument. The definition of woman is so fuzzy already, there's not sufficient reason why it couldn't cover transwomen. Ergo transwomen = women.

Your spinning dancer might vary.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

HunnyBunny wrote:Lousy has brought out the knives in his brilliant new post "How do I know he’s a witch-hunter? He is dressed as one!"

(snip)

TL:DR I really like Ophelia, but...

http://web.archive.org/web/201507250809 ... ed-as-one/
Son of a motherfucker. Jason just cannot express himself without pouring big troughs of verbiage on the reader's head. His measure of an opinion's worth is by how much acreage it covers.
Ophelia Benson, with whom I have stood shoulder and shoulder in a great many fights against awful human beings bent on destroying feminists for being feminists on the internet...
And he has waaaay too much access to superhero comics.

So, Tony the Shoop isn't going to white knight for Ophelia this time? It's not looking good for her.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

Sunder wrote:
You know someone's lazy when they find it difficult to fill out a sub-140 character tweet without resorting to copy and paste:
Also, since a married couple fucking bareback is the most unremarkable thing ever, mark me down on the list of people who could not give less of a shit. If you're having trouble finding the list, it's available in several hundred volumes distributed across the world and labeled "Phone Book."

Shit, I'm going to claim that FTB is frothing over my recent announcement that I eat my toast with butter.
Someone is desperately looking for a reason to be offended by something we did. Man, that is just fucking sad.

We need to make up some Sympathy Oppression Points for people like this who are so unnoticeable they have trouble finding people to give them the time of day.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

SoylentAtheist wrote:Someone is desperately looking for a reason to be offended by something we did. Man, that is just fucking sad.

We need to make up some Sympathy Oppression Points for people like this who are so unnoticeable they have trouble finding people to give them the time of day.
It's a sterling example of how to be an online Cool Kid. She's in fine form...

http://imgur.com/obG5uBj.jpg

...baiting peons while slacking and grifting like a blue-haired pro (follow the timeline to the project's $10,000 genesis 3 years ago).

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Actually, I change my mind. I now only support marital sex if they're using at least two condoms, a vaginal sponge, dental dams (one for each of them), a full hazmat suit, and probably to be extra safe they should only fuck through a hole in a sheet.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Has Clarence come back, or something?
http://i.imgur.com/iR6815h.jpg

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

[tweet][/tweet]

You're not the boss of me!! WAAHHHHHH!!!

Note to self: Keep working as long as possible and interact with people IRL to remain sane and to avoid childish regression.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Ooops tweet did not embed for some reason-

feathers

Post by feathers »

MacGruberKnows wrote:Is a man who identifies as a woman who identifies as a man a ... uhh, just what the hell is that?
Monty Python.
[youtube]MIaORknS1Dk[/youtube]

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

BarnOwl wrote:Ooops tweet did not embed for some reason-
To answer her question, Ophelia did that when she signed on with FTB.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

BarnOwl wrote:[tweet][/tweet]

You're not the boss of me!! WAAHHHHHH!!!

Note to self: Keep working as long as possible and interact with people IRL to remain sane and to avoid childish regression.
This couldn't happen to anyone more deserving. 10 years ago I would've been surprised to see myself saying that, but she's regressed into a slippery self-centered brat since then.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Sunder wrote:Also, since a married couple fucking bareback is the most unremarkable thing ever, mark me down on the list of people who could not give less of a shit. If you're having trouble finding the list, it's available in several hundred volumes distributed across the world and labeled "Phone Book."

And it's not so much about Heina barebacking her hubby, but countless others in an orgy nowadays called 'polyamory'.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Sunder wrote:

So here is the stupid in Heina's tweet - that screengrab and quote is not her's.

I orginally made that screengrab back in March (so, not 'latest' Pit frothing either Heina, do try to keep up. May pay when you are vanity searching The Pit to look at the posting date. Just clicking on the screengrab you can see Imgur has it as 4 months old.s).

It was around the time we were all pissing ourselves laughing at Richard's Coming Out as a PUA post and his infamous STI ravings at the Yeti's blog.

The confusion has probably occurred because my original post - viewtopic.php?p=263269#p263269 , said Heina, which I then corrected in the post beneath to be Miri. Kirbmarc used the screengrab later, but I guess missed the correction as to who said it.

Not your quote, not the latest, no one is frothing here over you or anything you say.

By the way, how's that 10k kickstartered, 3 yr + overdue book coming along?

feathers

Post by feathers »

German StrutBoatsman wrote:Not his argument. The definition of woman is so fuzzy already, there's not sufficient reason why it couldn't cover transwomen. Ergo transwomen = women.
I like my women a bit fuzzy. Or was that fizzy? I forgot.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Sunder wrote:Actually, I change my mind. I now only support marital sex if they're using at least two condoms, a vaginal sponge, dental dams (one for each of them), a full hazmat suit, and probably to be extra safe they should only fuck through a hole in a sheet.
That's more like martial sex. You know, with ninjas.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Pareidolia will destroy ya...

http://imgur.com/ChQl5o3.jpg

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

BarnOwl wrote:Ooops tweet did not embed for some reason-
Social Justice made him the police of what you like on Facebook Ophelia. Or haven't you been paying attention to the movement she had been joined at the hip to these past few years.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Shitposting time? Shitposting time. In the spirit of our dear departed robot Phil.

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/CFhqRv ... cfb7.0.gif

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/cfa0c ... 00_gif_srz

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/wp-content/ ... 931721.gif

http://www.notahe.ro/img/funclub.gif

Not A Hero is a pretty fun game and you might want to get it.

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Some of us have been speculating on the authenticity of Brother Nathanael. This video came up on my youtube chan:
[youtube]SnqbRWgzPg4[/youtube]
Lmao, that's pretty funny. The idea that John Landis would stand on a deck in some po-dunk town in Colorado dressed as a Russian Ortho monk raging against the Jews is hilarious.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

HunnyBunny wrote: So here is the stupid in Heina's tweet - that screengrab and quote is not her's.

I orginally made that screengrab back in March (so, not 'latest' Pit frothing either Heina, do try to keep up. May pay when you are vanity searching The Pit to look at the posting date. Just clicking on the screengrab you can see Imgur has it as 4 months old.s).

It was around the time we were all pissing ourselves laughing at Richard's Coming Out as a PUA post and his infamous STI ravings at the Yeti's blog.

The confusion has probably occurred because my original post - viewtopic.php?p=263269#p263269 , said Heina, which I then corrected in the post beneath to be Miri. Kirbmarc used the screengrab later, but I guess missed the correction as to who said it.

Not your quote, not the latest, no one is frothing here over you or anything you say.

I didn't miss the correcton. I quoted it in my post. ;)

However all I wrote is that not using protection if you're "poly" is incredibly irresponsible.

It doesn't really matter who said it. The quote wasn't talking about monogamous people, let alone married ones. It was all about being "poly" and not using condoms. Tricky Dickie said something along the same lines, I think, and if I remember well even said that most STDs are no big deal.

If Heina only practices unprotected sex with her husband, good for her, and nobody really cares. The quote in the screencap is irresponsible because it explictly refers to "poly relationships".

There's no "frothing at the mouth", though, only some confusion and many doubts about the "superior ethical skills" of the FTB people. If anything I'm slightly concerned about the young folks on FTB that might be encouraged to be poly without protection.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

MacGruberKnows wrote:

They want the definition of 'woman' to be a psychological state rather than a biological state. Also, they use the 'gender identity' when they should be using the phrase 'preferred gender roles'.

I'm all for the rights of people to take on, or not take on, whatever gender roles they like. I find gender roles quite silly, myself, and I just do what I like no matter what society currently considers to be feminine, masculine, or neutral behaviour. There should be equal opportunity for everyone to choose what they personally prefer. But, it's ridiculous to expect others to play along with the pretence, and act as though the person really is a different biology then they actually are.

Also, if http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blanchard% ... m_typology is true, then maybe society should encourage better mental health (accepting themselves) instead of pretending that people have the opposite biology than they really have.
Blanchard divided trans women into two different groups: homosexual transsexuals, whom Blanchard says seek sex reassignment surgery to romantically and sexually attract (ideally heterosexual) men, and "autogynephilic transsexuals" who purportedly are sexually aroused at the idea of having a normative female body.
The homosexual types should be helped to accept their own bodies and not be ashamed of being gay any more. They don't have to be female in order to be with a man. And the autogynephilic types should be helped to accept the fact that pretending they have a female body is their sexual preference.

I really doubt there are many transsexuals who are truly body dismorphic in the same way as people who intentionally cut off their limbs are. All the trans people I've known on both the internet and in real life, seem to fit Blanchard's typology.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

comhcinc wrote:Well yeah but that is a very superficial look. Take a good long look.
http://thetyee.cachefly.net/Books/2011/ ... benson.jpg http://i.imgur.com/HSPtZMb.jpg

A quick Apelust tan and stache job and I bet you can't tell'em apart.
I'm still not seeing it. Their face shapes and their noses are similar, but their eyes are too different for me to think they look alike.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

didymos wrote:
Tony! The Queer Shoop

John Morales

The only thing better than laughing at you goofy fucks is knowing that you're hearing the laughter. You've given us a beautiful year so far, so here's to you & keep it coming...

[youtube]xibXxtpQ6Xg [/youtube]

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Running around the internet, asking people if you think trans women are really women is the equivalent of running around town asking strangers if these jeans make your ass look fat.

Strangers are not your husband with a vested interest in trying to appease your inner vanity.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

James Caruthers wrote:Shitposting time? Shitposting time. In the spirit of our dear departed robot Phil.

I'm not quite dead!

Surgery delayed from Monday to Wednesday, I won't be at the hospital before Tuesday. After being given the choice, I've opted for a rachis anesthesia again, instead of a general one. It's more fun, I get to see what's going on, and they don't have to intubate me, which means I can eat normally afterwards (though I'll probably need a pee-pee probe again).

Anyway, there are good chances I'll get wifi at the hospital, so I'm taking my laptop with me this time. Wouldn't want to miss any of that latest FTB deliciousness.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

HunnyBunny wrote: So here is the stupid in Heina's tweet - that screengrab and quote is not her's.

So let's get this straight - the screengrab was part of a Pit post which Heina got affronted by. She therefore decided to share said post on Twitter to illustrate how shitlordy the Pit is. However, she didn't want to link directly to the Pit - because, you know, linking directly to the Pit might get her feed possessed by MRA cock demons or something - so she simply took the screengrab. Thereby completely eradicating the Pit-based context. Hmmm.

'This here be my daughter, Heina. Now she ain't very bright. In fact, she be dumb. Real dumb. Which is why I needs some boy to marry her off to real soon, else she gonna be in the family way cause she thought that scoundrel Dicky-Bob Carrier weren't lyin when he told her she could get magic princess juice out his pecker.'

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

You know, before all those twitter people start railing on Ophelia about what she has stated on her blog, they should remember who's terf they are on.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

dogen wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
dogen wrote:To be a bit clearer: once pronouns become specific to each person, their main utility -- that of being generic -- goes away. Comments?
Solution: remove gender from everyone's pronouns. There is no good reason to have different ones based on either biological-sex or gender-role-preference anyways. Call everyone the same pronouns.
Fine by me it!
Overkill. Unless you identify as yourself only in the third person. OMG! You're Billy the Hillbilly, aren't you? :lol:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Scented Nectar wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Well yeah but that is a very superficial look. Take a good long look.
http://thetyee.cachefly.net/Books/2011/ ... benson.jpg http://i.imgur.com/HSPtZMb.jpg

A quick Apelust tan and stache job and I bet you can't tell'em apart.
I'm still not seeing it. Their face shapes and their noses are similar, but their eyes are too different for me to think they look alike.
Madame Hulk?

http://imgur.com/uFw2pRE.jpg

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
In 2008, multiple obama campaign HQ workers were caught on video encouraging shills posing as college students to register in both their home state and college state, so as to vote twice for obama.
Are there any credible sources for that? All I have found thus far is evidence of some ACORN employees falsifying reg forms for personal gain to meet minimum stats and to qualify for bonuses.
Yeah -- they're caught on camera doing it.
Links?

Tapir

Post by Tapir »