Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Damion as Guest

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Damion as Guest »

Lsuoma wrote:
It IS meant to encourage people to register.

Your Damionism is noted, though...
:hankey:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Scented Nectar wrote:Jesus sends the devils into 2000 pigs, causing them to jump off a cliff and be drowned in the sea. Clearly Jesus could have simply sent the devils out, yet he chose instead to place them into pigs and kill them. This is called animal abuse. Mark 5:12-13
No, it's called 'deviled ham'

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/deviled-ham

x_?_x

Post by x_?_x »

I've been busy.

Has Benson flounced off of FTB yet? I'm really waiting to see that whole episode go down, already.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Shatterface wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Jesus sends the devils into 2000 pigs, causing them to jump off a cliff and be drowned in the sea. Clearly Jesus could have simply sent the devils out, yet he chose instead to place them into pigs and kill them. This is called animal abuse. Mark 5:12-13

Your puns seemed funnier when you were still a guest....
:bjarte:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Scented Nectar wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: What do you mean "my Imam"? Do you practice islam? I've just been assuming that you're atheist.
I am an unbeliever. Always have been. Anyway, a few years ago when I was interested in finding out more about Islam I went and found an Imam.

Actually what happened was I asked some Muslims I knew questions about Islam and the response from all of them was basically :
Andrew, you are asking me about stuff I had to know once but once out of the Madrass I forgot all about it. Let me introduce you to someone.
And so I was introduced as a revert by Muslims to their Imam.

He was completely honest with me about the roots and foundation of Islam. Later on, and over the course of 5-6 years and reading & participating in forums such as ShiaChat and Islamic awakening, I began to realize just how based this guy was.

So ya, while I am still an unbeliever, I still think of him as "my" Imam and I have a lot of respect for him.
It's good that you found a good one. Some of them believe that if they teach a non-muslim about islam, and they don't end up converting, they are to be killed.
That makes sense because the revert has now been informed of the truth and if still not a believer at that point then the only thing to do is to kill the fucker.

Well it makes sense to me at any rate.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

I don't mind disabling guest accounts altogether. Too easy to trollololo...

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Richard Dworkins wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Richard Dworkins wrote:Well that heretical sect is super weird as listed above, he was also a reanimated corpse for a bit. Christians eat a zombie... eternal life.
I wonder what vegetarian catholics do?
Invade Poland?
Yeah. I guess they do. :lol:

Post by Guest »

d4m10n wrote:I don't mind disabling guest accounts altogether. Too easy to trollololo...
Protecting his turf....

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Shatterface wrote:

If he ate them or fed people with them, that would have been good. Maybe there were some people near the bottom of the cliff who feasted that day.*

*not that I believe any of the stories, just playing along hypothetically.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Kirbmarc wrote:For Steersman:

apparently the brains of trans people seem to be more similar to the brains of the people of the gender they identify as than to the brains of the people of their biological gender

Although it's interesting to note that the brains of Female To Male trans people seem to be close to the brains of male while the brains of males to Female trans people are halfway between male and female brains.
Antonio Guillamon‘s team at the National University of Distance Education in Madrid, Spain, think they have found a better way to spot a transsexual brain. In a study due to be published next month, the team ran MRI scans on the brains of 18 female-to-male transsexual people who’d had no treatment and compared them with those of 24 males and 19 females.

They found significant differences between male and female brains in four regions of white matter – and the female-to-male transsexual people had white matter in these regions that resembled a male brain (Journal of Psychiatric Research, DOI: 10.1016/j.jpsychires.2010.05.006). “It’s the first time it has been shown that the brains of female-to-male transsexual people are masculinised,” Guillamon says.

In a separate study, the team used the same technique to compare white matter in 18 male-to-female transsexual people with that in 19 males and 19 females. Surprisingly, in each transsexual person’s brain the structure of the white matter in the four regions was halfway between that of the males and females (Journal of Psychiatric Research, DOI: 10.1016/j.jpsychires.2010.11.007). “Their brains are not completely masculinised and not completely feminised, but they still feel female,” says Guillamon.
In light of this evidence it seems that it's not unfair to say that trans people are psychologically closer to the gender they identify as than to the gender they were biologically born as.

Trans women could be said to be psychologically women even if they are biologically men.
It would be interesting to compare those results with studies which show abnormalities in white matter development in autistics since autism effects boys more and has been referred to as the 'extreme male brain'.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:It's good that you found a good one. Some of them believe that if they teach a non-muslim about islam, and they don't end up converting, they are to be killed.
That makes sense because the revert has now been informed of the truth and if still not a believer at that point then the only thing to do is to kill the fucker.

Well it makes sense to me at any rate.
That 'truth' must be some really top secret stuff that they don't want getting out!

Couch

Post by Couch »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
ERV wrote:I can't believe FFTBs sexpert, Ms Gtreta Christina, doesn't gave anything to say!
I thought Regreta was MtF until that nudie calendar came out.
I thought Regreta was MtF becasue that nudie calendar came out.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

x_?_x wrote:I've been busy.

Has Benson flounced off of FTB yet? I'm really waiting to see that whole episode go down, already.
Nah, she's still waiting for them to beg her to stay.

Saddo of the Year - Ophelia No-Mates.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Shatterface wrote:

If he ate them or fed people with them, that would have been good. Maybe there were some people near the bottom of the cliff who feasted that day.*

Not to mention the poor bastard that owned the swine, he and his family probably starved after that fucker Jesus murdered his livestock.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Richard Dworkins wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: :lol: Anne frankly. That's a good one!

Brides of christ always reminds me of the Bride of Frankenstein.
Well that heretical sect is super weird as listed above, he was also a reanimated corpse for a bit. Christians eat a zombie... eternal life.
Just suck on bones, it seems.

Tiny, juvenile bones.

Post by Guest »

Much, much more than anyone would ever want to know about Elyse's enema habits. This, surely, is unfappable:

Code: Select all

http://www.elyseanders.com/blog/2015/7/30/enema

If you thought about making the "with friends like those..." joke, possibly involving the skepchicks, then I'm sorry. I'm going to have to let you go.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Makes me wonder - is there such a thing as mutual enema administration? Or circle enemas? Surely PA would know.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Lsuoma wrote:Makes me wonder - is there such a thing as mutual enema administration? Or circle enemas? Surely PA would know.
Jeez! We let this innocent be the admin of this board? I don't even want to begin telling you about the things I have learned along the way. Just remember rule 34 and be thankful for your innocence.

tina

Post by tina »

Aneris wrote:
Salty Current wrote:What’s happening now with Ophelia is very similar in form to the pitters’ actions against her then. Again, people’s individual motives aren’t the point: some are willfully malicious towards her, some are trying to sow divisiveness among social-justice atheists, some hate FTB and everything associated with it, and many believe they’re defenders of trans people and fighting the good fight. The practices, though, are familiar: setting yourselves up as a group to prosecute an individual, quote-mining, misrepresenting, projecting things into their statements or actions, spreading and repeating rumors and false stories without links, uncritically accepting claims about the person’s alleged bad behavior from questionable sources, looking for guilt by association, monitoring them closely on social media and compiling public dossiers to present your case to the jury (who are yourselves), encouraging others to join in, personalizing arguments and instead of reading arguments as arguments mining them for clues of bad intent, reading in the most uncharitable fashion possible, gathering on whatever sites will host you (if one blogger puts an end to it, you can always go to another) to endlessly rehearse their supposed misdeeds, providing threads for others to talk about their suspicions, ignoring or abiding some of the nastier tweets and comments, denying that there’s any such dynamic going on, dismissing the person’s feeling collectively attacked or besieged, presenting their statements and responses as though they weren’t made in that hostile context,…
http://web.archive.org/web/201507302222 ... nt-page-1/

This person is entirely deluded, and his accusations are too far out there to even consider them as a serious suggestions. Virtually everything here is sourced, and with a link to either the original or to a frozen version. Perhaps quoting a passage is quote-mining in the Steersman/Zvan sense, but not in the orthodox sense where the full context is provided and the quoted passage is in the same spirit as the parts that were omitted. There is also no prosecution when people post their opinions into an obscure forum (compared to, say, running highly visible blogs and having notable roles in the scene). And Guilty by association? He accuses us of playing the guilty by association card, with all the painful and longwinded explanations who is meant, and who is not, various attempts of delineating the social justice warriors from the few decent or unimportant writers et cetera? Salty Current is a fabulist of the same calibre as Avicenna. He is correct though that we cite questionable sources, e.g. FreethoughtBlogs but it happens to coincide with the subjects that is being discussed.
Not deluded but never without her filters in place. Xe is a she
or something...wotevva.

x_?_x

Post by x_?_x »

Lsuoma wrote:
x_?_x wrote:I've been busy.

Nah, she's still waiting for them to beg her to stay.

Saddo of the Year - Ophelia No-Mates.
But she's toxic! She has toxic, problematic opinions that make her an evil, hateful person!

Surely the brave social justice warriors would never compromise their values to allow a toxic, problematic person to stay in their bastion of thoughts in the atheist community!

Surely.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Shatterface wrote:No, it's called 'deviled ham'

Not to mention the poor bastard that owned the swine, he and his family probably starved after that fucker Jesus murdered his livestock.
Holy shit! That's theft and indirect murder. How do people love this nasty fucker?

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Richard Dworkins wrote:Well that heretical sect is super weird as listed above, he was also a reanimated corpse for a bit. Christians eat a zombie... eternal life.

Tiny, juvenile bones.
No, no, you're thinking of the priests, and the word is 'boners'. :?

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Guest wrote:Much, much more than anyone would ever want to know about Elyse's enema habits. This, surely, is unfappable:

If you thought about making the "with friends like those..." joke, possibly involving the skepchicks, then I'm sorry. I'm going to have to let you go.
I am not going to make jokes about opiate constipation. I am not going to make jokes about opiate constipation. I am not going to make jokes about opiate constipation. I am not going to make jokes about opiate constipation. I am not going to make jokes about opiate constipation. I am not going to make jokes about opiate constipation. I am not going to make jokes about opiate constipation. I am not going to make jokes about opiate constipation. I am not going to make jokes about opiate constipation. I am not going to make jokes about opiate constipation. I am not going to make jokes about opiate constipation. I am not going to make jokes about opiate constipation. I'm going to press submit right now before I end up making jokes about opiate constipation.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Polyethylene glycol will be your friend if tempted to make such jokes.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Guest wrote:Much, much more than anyone would ever want to know about Elyse's enema habits. This, surely, is unfappable:

I am not going to make jokes about opiate constipation. I am not going to make jokes about opiate constipation. I am not going to make jokes about opiate constipation. I am not going to make jokes about opiate constipation. I am not going to make jokes about opiate constipation. I am not going to make jokes about opiate constipation. I am not going to make jokes about opiate constipation. I am not going to make jokes about opiate constipation. I am not going to make jokes about opiate constipation. I am not going to make jokes about opiate constipation. I am not going to make jokes about opiate constipation. I am not going to make jokes about opiate constipation. I'm going to press submit right now before I end up making jokes about opiate constipation.
Please tell me Dick Carrier built a wall of text in the comment section, relieved that someone understands his enema fetish and how he's not scared he'll catch THE GAY if, in the course of events, he gets another man's diluted shit on his face.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Kirbmarc wrote:Maybe Jeffrey Imm isn't a SJW, and I really hope he's a troll, but he's protesting The Producers because it makes fun of Hitler.

Straight from the horse's mouth:
But according to Imm, Brooks—a Jewish World War II veteran and certified EGOT winner—has been flouting the declaration for the last 14 years. “I think he’s ignoring the Universal Declaration of Human Rights,” he says. “I know about his comedy. I don’t agree with him. I think it’s vulgar.”
I really, really hope he's a troll. Or an attention whore who's only doing it to get fame.

If he's actually convinced of what he says he's the biggest moron I've ever heard for.
This is one where you should check out the comments - the sanctimonious blatherskite himself shows up to argue with his critics.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Scented Nectar wrote:

You don't have to make the joke: we'll work it out somehow...

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

[quote="Lsuoma]
You don't have to make the joke: we'll work it out somehow...[/quote]
Yes, but will Elyse work "it" out somehow? I bailed immediately when i saw there were pictures.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: What do you mean "my Imam"? Do you practice islam? I've just been assuming that you're atheist.
I am an unbeliever. Always have been. Anyway, a few years ago when I was interested in finding out more about Islam I went and found an Imam.

Actually what happened was I asked some Muslims I knew questions about Islam and the response from all of them was basically :
Andrew, you are asking me about stuff I had to know once but once out of the Madrass I forgot all about it. Let me introduce you to someone.
And so I was introduced as a revert by Muslims to their Imam.

He was completely honest with me about the roots and foundation of Islam. Later on, and over the course of 5-6 years and reading & participating in forums such as ShiaChat and Islamic awakening, I began to realize just how based this guy was.

So ya, while I am still an unbeliever, I still think of him as "my" Imam and I have a lot of respect for him.
I went to Catholic schools and the only people who gave me direct answers to direct questions without getting upset about the questions were priests. They had obviously already thought the questions through for themselves and may well have the same problems with them as I did. Other people seemed far more dogmatic as if they had never really thought about what they believed at all.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Elyse had an enema?

Where was that? The DENTIST'S?

Git

Post by Git »

Richard Dworkins wrote: It's not like Mohammed was visited by Shingba the Sky horse who told them they had to grow long hair, eat only of the pig and pierce their nipples.
That sounds right up my alley. Praise Shingba and pass the nipple ring and the bacon!

Git

Post by Git »

Oops, fucked up my comment about circumcision. What I meant to say is that my stance against circumcision is extreme even by goyim standards. Its a horrible evil habit. Like Her Lädy of the Uncut Dong, I'm all in favour of gloriously complete phallae (phalluses? phalli?) in the best Baphomet tradition.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Scented Nectar wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: I wonder what vegetarian catholics do?

Tiny, juvenile bones.
No, no, you're thinking of the priests, and the word is 'boners'. :?
http://i.imgur.com/qQGlQjT.jpg

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

The dirty bloody cow!

If Elyse ever offers you the use of her phone, I'd suggest treating it as you would the offer of a handshake from Richard Carrier.

Yuk.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Lsuoma wrote:Makes me wonder - is there such a thing as mutual enema administration? Or circle enemas? Surely PA would know.
Well, you've previously linked to the Poop Back And Forth Forever video. That's kinda close.

[youtube]KQoJo81lujk[/youtube]

But yes. There is such a thing

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-cOe2VOQ3oBo/U ... witter.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

precious little Julian Assange wannabe wrote:Not much point in me participating when I can't even post an interesting or relevant link or post a fun picture. So much for the FT's commitment to freedom of speech. Besides, the laughable anti-guest snobbery from the registered folks here gets boring. So I'll go back to mostly lurking.
:violin:

Oh, you could post links & pix, snowflake, if you just dropped your I-rail-and-shake-my-virtual-fist-at-The-System pretensions.

Get a goddamn 'nym, or STFU, crybaby.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Tigzy wrote:
The dirty bloody cow!

If Elyse ever offers you the use of her phone, I'd suggest treating it as you would the offer of a handshake from Richard Carrier.

Yuk.
Now, now, I'm sure she had her small child clean it up after mommy did the poop pics and sucked a box of wine dry.

Elyse is getting so insane, it is almost uncomfortable to make fun of her. But I think the lack of attention paid to her would hurt her worse than our mockery.

Hi, Elyse.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Wasn't that the premise of HUMAN CENTIPEDE?

Parody Accountant

Well I thought Lsuoma meant mutual like consenting. But yes, Matt that works too.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Would bang.

James Caruthers

Steersman wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:For Steersman:

apparently the brains of trans people seem to be more similar to the brains of the people of the gender they identify as than to the brains of the people of their biological gender

Although it's interesting to note that the brains of Female To Male trans people seem to be close to the brains of male while the brains of males to Female trans people are halfway between male and female brains.
<snip>
In light of this evidence it seems that it's not unfair to say that trans people are psychologically closer to the gender they identify as than to the gender they were biologically born as.

Trans women could be said to be psychologically women even if they are biologically men.
Thanks - will have to take a closer look later. However, while it seems a credible tenet if not article of faith of evolutionary psychology (and of its prophet Steven Pinker [PBUH]) that evolution has created different tendencies in males and females, I'm still skeptical that one can argue that uniquely defines those classes. That is, each of those tendencies - for example, "a much stronger taste for no-strings sex with multiple or anonymous partners" - are also found in members of the opposite sex so it seems a stretch to argue that they can be classified as either male or female.
Ugh.

You should read the scientific data about intersex and transgender (which is ongoing) and then decide if you should still be skeptical of it and invoke sexual dimorphism or whatever.

That SJWs are wrong about gender and sex being entirely up for grabs does not mean there are no intersex individuals or people who have weird things happening with their brain chemistry, psychology or genitals.

James Caruthers

d4m10n wrote:I don't mind disabling guest accounts altogether. Too easy to trollololo...
Try harder, m80.

James Caruthers

BTW Steersman, now that you are unbanned, you should have plenty of time to read Novum Organum.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

James Caruthers wrote:BTW Steersman, now that you are unbanned, you should have plenty of time to read Novum Organum.
Well, I banned the cunt in the first place SO he would have time to read it. If he hasn't, well... what do folks think I should do?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Steersman right now, you fucking arseholes.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

James Caruthers wrote:
Try harder, m80.
Yeah, there are lots of people who are out-Damioning DayDays now, aren't there?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Lsuoma wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:BTW Steersman, now that you are unbanned, you should have plenty of time to read Novum Organum.
Well, I banned the cunt in the first place SO he would have time to read it. If he hasn't, well... what do folks think I should do?
Too late now but you should have made him read Novum Organum, required him to file a comprehensive review in under 1000 words, have him eat his own sandals while tied being up and whipped, apologize for....

Parody Accountant

Lsuoma wrote:
Turn the little guy in his avatar into a black man.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Git wrote:I. E. And most Jews and most Israelis would agree - the Haredi et al are almost universally despised.
One just stabbed 6 people at the Jerusalem Pride parade. He had just gotten out of prison for stabbing 3 people at the Jerusalem Pride parade back in 2005.
Although this guy didn't murder anyone, I am kind of thinking a life sentence might be appropriate. Or at least hold the nutcase until he can no longer get around on his own.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Lsuoma wrote:
Ignore him and he will bloviate peacefully. Suitably ignored he is like a hornets nest in the neighbors yard, a source of irritation to them and simply buzzing around here, showing up in quotes once in a while. Plus it shows the pit is a real bastion of free speech, even when it fucking hurts.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Lsuoma wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:
Try harder, m80.
Yeah, there are lots of people who are out-Damioning DayDays now, aren't there?
Damion is a Master Cunt©, well versed in the ancient arts of Cuntitude. I would not underestimate him, he may simply be biding his time, waiting for his moment to strike, like a rattlesnake that has somehow managed to drive his own head up his ass. A deadly tragedy of nature.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

Steersman wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:OK, on the basis of what Melby tweeted, the Steersbot is now unbanned. But it needs to be careful. No more chances left.
Many thanks and much praise to the Fascist Tit. And to the many – the dirty dozen or two, not least of whom was M.A. Melby – who weighed in to dispute the charge of doxxing, and to provide some amusing and supportive roses, ‘shops, brickbats, and left-handed compliments (“scrolling, scrolling, Call ‘em out, Rawhide”). It warmed the cockles of me heart, it did, and brought a tear to me eye (no “cultural appropriation”: one-quarter Irish, paternal grandmother was born and raised in (I think) Dublin and was of the Maxwell clan).

However (in-coming qualifications), while I, and no doubt many others, appreciate your efforts as “sheepdog to a bunch of wankers” (Irish and otherwise) which has to entail some non-trivial costs in time and money – I think the Pit is largely a testament to the utility and benefits of free thought and free speech, and that all those involved in creating and maintaining it are to be commended; humanists of the year awards all around (to “every last manjack (and jill) of you”) – I’m not sure that it is justified to say “no more chances left”: if I wasn’t “guilty as charged” of doxxing then how can that have decremented my nine (or three) lives? Although I will be careful about committing that particular “transgression”.

But I think that that does raise the question and point, that should be addressed in some detail, that “some” Guest broached: “It's one reason of many why doxxing policies are problematic. Guidelines rather than rules...” As suggested, the problem with hard-and-fast rules – “four legs good, two legs bad” – is that they ignore the fact that there are frequently edge-cases and exceptions that frequently lead to painting ourselves into corners. Been there, done that – “too soon old, and too late smart” as my father was fond of saying – and I’d hate to see that happen to the Pit. Particularly when the object lesson of Pharyngula is so manifestly a clear case of that.
OK. Now that Steersman is back, shall we start campaigning to have him banned? /jk

CaptainFluffyBunny

SoylentAtheist wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
Git wrote:I. E. And most Jews and most Israelis would agree - the Haredi et al are almost universally despised.
One just stabbed 6 people at the Jerusalem Pride parade. He had just gotten out of prison for stabbing 3 people at the Jerusalem Pride parade back in 2005.
Although this guy didn't murder anyone, I am kind of thinking a life sentence might be appropriate. Or at least hold the nutcase until he can no longer get around on his own.
I heard the Horde is willing to have him as a prep chef.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Parody Accountant wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
You're a bloody genius!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Well, I banned the cunt in the first place SO he would have time to read it. If he hasn't, well... what do folks think I should do?
You're a bloody genius!
And for those who have him on ignore:
steers.jpg
(14.52 KiB) Downloaded 298 times

CaptainFluffyBunny

Parody Accountant wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Didn't Fuzzy do a hilarious one of his avatar in a KKK outfit?

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

SoylentAtheist wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:OK, on the basis of what Melby tweeted, the Steersbot is now unbanned. But it needs to be careful. No more chances left.
Many thanks and much praise to the Fascist Tit. And to the many – the dirty dozen or two, not least of whom was M.A. Melby – who weighed in to dispute the charge of doxxing, and to provide some amusing and supportive roses, ‘shops, brickbats, and left-handed compliments (“scrolling, scrolling, Call ‘em out, Rawhide”). It warmed the cockles of me heart, it did, and brought a tear to me eye (no “cultural appropriation”: one-quarter Irish, paternal grandmother was born and raised in (I think) Dublin and was of the Maxwell clan).

However (in-coming qualifications), while I, and no doubt many others, appreciate your efforts as “sheepdog to a bunch of wankers” (Irish and otherwise) which has to entail some non-trivial costs in time and money – I think the Pit is largely a testament to the utility and benefits of free thought and free speech, and that all those involved in creating and maintaining it are to be commended; humanists of the year awards all around (to “every last manjack (and jill) of you”) – I’m not sure that it is justified to say “no more chances left”: if I wasn’t “guilty as charged” of doxxing then how can that have decremented my nine (or three) lives? Although I will be careful about committing that particular “transgression”.

But I think that that does raise the question and point, that should be addressed in some detail, that “some” Guest broached: “It's one reason of many why doxxing policies are problematic. Guidelines rather than rules...” As suggested, the problem with hard-and-fast rules – “four legs good, two legs bad” – is that they ignore the fact that there are frequently edge-cases and exceptions that frequently lead to painting ourselves into corners. Been there, done that – “too soon old, and too late smart” as my father was fond of saying – and I’d hate to see that happen to the Pit. Particularly when the object lesson of Pharyngula is so manifestly a clear case of that.
OK. Now that Steersman is back, shall we start campaigning to have him banned? /jk
On what basis? Possession of waffle syndrome?

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Xenu wrote:FTB downfall gets the noelplum treatment.
[youtube]B0ief0WshpY[/youtube]
I'm sure it wasn't intentional but I got a bit of a giggle when he's listing off bloggers and they're popping up onscreen behind them and Carrier gets the "and a few others" treatment.

Parody Accountant

Lsuoma wrote: And for those who have him on ignore:
steers.jpg
bwahahahhahahaha al jolson face