Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Ah. Ophelia ran afoul of the pack because she's a rascal who cannot quit cracking wise. She's the cut-up in a sea of stone faced tightbritches. She's funny, yo.

And they couldn't handle that.

https://archive.is/9UCbc
people who are relentlessly po-faced make me feel bored and suffocated in a matter of minutes.
Well ya coulda fuckin fooled me Ophie, you joyful life-and-soul-of-the-party you.
She's like a human Dementor:
A Dementor is a non-being and Dark creature, considered one of the foulest to inhabit the world. Dementors feed upon human happiness, and thus cause depression and despair to anyone near them.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Peezus vs. srhbutts. Truly a battle of the minds.

Really?

Post by Really? »

In case you're unaware, Nyberg is a megatroll abuser who has arguably worse sexual issues than Ogvorbis.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

It's not over.

Once more into the breach dear friends

[youtube]12DQN8oxKTs[/youtube]

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Really? wrote: In case you're unaware, Nyberg is a megatroll abuser who has arguably worse sexual issues than Ogvorbis.
To be more specific, she's a child rape apologist (who only abstain because "society isn't sex positive enough") while at least Oggie seems to feel guilty for what he's done.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

Benson hasn't gone anywhere yet - and there's a bit of a shit storm wrapping up just now on her blog.

Someone named Elizabeth Hungerford showed up, apparently one of these suspected or alleged TERFs that she had been cavorting with (anyone please correct me if I'm wrong). Things kicked off from there and got ugly fast.

Benson finally steps in and gives Hungerford the boot. But not until after they hit the century mark.

https://archive.is/9cOZD
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... /#comments

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

Parody Accountant wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:
Really? wrote:I disagree that the fight is over. Have any of the "big" leaders in atheism or skepticism (aside from Nugent) told PZ and the other FTB people to go fuck themselves? Look at the conferences. There are still a million stupid "How to Make Your Atheism Transintersectional" presentations. This SJW bullshit has become part of the discussion by default, just like HR departments will make you sign a paper promising not to rape any coworkers in the break room. Why do they have you sign such documentation? Just because.
Agreed. Plus, if you have the gall to actually try to do outreach, instead of preaching to the choir, by going to something like CPAC, then you are lower than scum.

With that said, Hemant Mehta did more than I expected during the Avicenna episode.
I suspect that he reads here occasionally
Just an old timer checking to enjoy the show. High fives right back at you, ERV! Still five pages behind, but I hope Gumby does at least stop by to acknowledge the fun, and another ace video from that Gefunk, Gefert, Gefiltifish guy would really ice up that cake!

Have we won? Is the good fight over? A bit premature to judge, I'd say. Sure, the FfTB implosion has been joyously spectacular - and thanks to you buggers that keep the news coming in so us old lurkers can keep up with the goings on. All this gold dust hasn't settled yet, so while I'll be partying, I'll still keep half an eye on those nasty shits. They can still cause a stink wherever they end up.

Did the Pyt contribute to the downfall? No doubt, really. Just being that constant thorn highlighting Peezus' sheer shitheadedness helped, and finally with the Nugent interplay and Hemant's comments the Pyt became more visible and mainstream. Never underestimate the affect the reality of the Pyt has on people that visit here after all the shit and insults that Peezus and friends heaped on the place, only to find out that he was selling a massive pack of bullshit and lies. The Pyt will never get credit, but the Pyt was a constant undercurrent eating at the foundation of FfTB all these long years.

Oh, a special thanks to Glorious Fascist Tit who kept the pit running through thick and thin, hammers and screwdrivers and Steersman. Good on ya, mate!

Meanwhile: :popcorn: :lol: :popcorn: :lol: :popcorn: :lol: :popcorn:

Post by Guest »

Percentage wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that some of Ophelia's statements about trans women - and some of the people with whom she chooses to associate - are indeed a bit sketchy? The "too last week" comment was innocuous in and of itself, but it was made in the context of a conversation that was pretty openly transphobic. The fact that she has no problem joking around with those sorts of people earns her a raised eyebrow from me, especially since she's so eager to condemn others by association,
I think her recent stuff has certainly overlapped with TERFdom, the question is, is transgender sexual biology, psychology "a settled science"?

I am no friend of radfems or tErfs but is it unreasonable for people to ask questions, wonder about the science, wonder about what we will think of this in 50 years, wonder how settled this all is, and as Ophie did, note the contradictions between feminism's no such thing as gender stance versus the gender essentialism of the transgender movement (especially MTF)?

I think the SJW have her fair and square, I just don't think her crime is the horror they do.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Percentage wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that some of Ophelia's statements about trans women - and some of the people with whom she chooses to associate - are indeed a bit sketchy? The "too last week" comment was innocuous in and of itself, but it was made in the context of a conversation that was pretty openly transphobic. The fact that she has no problem joking around with those sorts of people earns her a raised eyebrow from me, especially since she's so eager to condemn others by association,
Well she is sex phobic in general. Is she unnecessarily suspicious or intimidated by masculine men or attractive feminine women?*
If it turns out she is equally obnoxious to everyone doesn't it make her a misanthrope instead of a transphobe?

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Ahhh. Oldtimers checking in.

It really hits me right in the opheels.

*sniffle*

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

It's fucking beautiful Myers is getting the rock hard place reality, that always goes with trying to debate or discuss anything with SJ nutbags. You try to explain your position you're deliberately trying to trigger them, doubling down, you don't try to explain, then your a white cis male shitlord who doesn't care about what they think.

it's fucking beautiful because it's the fucking shite peewee has promoted these last four fucking years, demanding others debase themselves to the SJ overlords. Arsehole.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Beloved fishies! Thank you!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

CuntajusRationality wrote:Benson hasn't gone anywhere yet - and there's a bit of a shit storm wrapping up just now on her blog.

Someone named Elizabeth Hungerford showed up, apparently one of these suspected or alleged TERFs that she had been cavorting with (anyone please correct me if I'm wrong). Things kicked off from there and got ugly fast.

Benson finally steps in and gives Hungerford the boot. But not until after they hit the century mark.

I don't think she wants to leave at all. I think she believes she has a chance or replacing PeeZy as the BSD at FfTB if he wigs out hard enough.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Za-zen wrote:It's not over.

Once more into the breach dear friends

[youtube]12DQN8oxKTs[/youtube]
I have a love-hate relationship with that movie. But I hate when they dub over that metallic "shwing" sound when a sword (katana in this case) is drawn. Only sabres with all-metal scabbards make that noise, and not many of them. Fuckin' stereotypes.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

CuntajusRationality wrote:Benson hasn't gone anywhere yet - and there's a bit of a shit storm wrapping up just now on her blog.

I thought benson hit the century mark a looong time ago... :rimshot:

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

So … gender is only a social/cultural construct for those of us who are cis, but for trans individuals with gender dysphoria, there are identifiable biological differences in their brains. Got it. :roll:

Also, Salty Current is a complete fucking idiot.

CaptainFluffyBunny

What a drama queen. Anybody sensible would just leave, no looking back, let the jackals laugh. But not "gotta get my word in" Benson. A little advice, Benson. The only way to win is not to play.

Crabman

Post by Crabman »

PZ's tirade against being misrepresented and not allowed to defend himself literally made me put my hands on my head and shake it in disbelief.

It just can't be possible for anyone to not have a moment of clarity at this point. What the fuck is going on in his mind? Is the vending machine of realizations permanently jammed up?

It's time for PZ to take a week off and just absorb the dissonance between his actions, his demands on others, and the way he himself demands to be treated.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

And, back on the current FTB topic: It is a fuckin schadenfreude (fruede???) party to the fuckin max. Thank you thank you thank you, FTB. You have made my year you silly clowns.

free thoughtpolice

Barn Owl wrote:
My bet is that you are not a fan of her Psych drugs are just placebos theory? :think:

CaptainFluffyBunny

BarnOwl wrote:

So … gender is only a social/cultural construct for those of us who are cis, but for trans individuals with gender dysphoria, there are identifiable biological differences in their brains. Got it. :roll:

Does anybody know what their defense of the whole gender construct vs biological brain is? It seems odd that this dichotomy wouldn't occur to them. Surely Hornbeck has addressed it, yes?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Jan Steen wrote:
The writing is atrocious. It's unmitigated torture to read it. Here's a typical snippet.
When you see your colleague say that someone has told them privately that the people they’re retweeting have histories of persecuting trans people and ask the general public, instead of the person who respected their wishes by contacting them privately, what that history could be?

When you see your colleague’s talk of leaving the network because it’s so terrible to have other colleagues say your colleague has done something wrong get turned into spaces to talk about how those other colleagues did something wrong?
http://i.imgur.com/ruhbBCy.jpg

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Barn Owl wrote:
My bet is that you are not a fan of her Psych drugs are just placebos theory? :think:
I have more of a problem with her denial of the evidence for biological markers for psychiatric disorders, but yes, she's also incorrect about the pharmacological differences associated with mental illness.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Hey, why the fuck are FTB people all so bloody unhealthy? I mean, the list is almost endless: PeeZus gets around about 5 or 6 colds and flues per year, TwoCows has a long list of autoimmune dysfunctions, Miri is certifiabley nutso, Ashly Miller is narcoleptic times ten, InZvanity is all sorts of damaged from physical to emotionaal to psychological to otherwise, LousyCanuck is a few decades early on male pattern baldness (I guess that's 'cause gender differences are cultural and his culture likes shiny domes?), Zinnia Jones is ... well, WTF is Zinnia Jones anyway?, Benson is a sad lonely old crone who cannot find her way home even with a searchlight, map, and GPS, Richard "Spunky Monkey Intellectual Artillery" Carrier is a sex maniac and perverted semen fetishist ... I mean the list just goes on and on and on and on. Did these people all grow up stuck inside some kind of toxic waste dump? I mean WTF?

:auto-ambulance:

free thoughtpolice

Brother Nathanael has the gift of prophecy IMHO, although he may not always get the exact year right: :shock:
[youtube]6GJNeVT9xPA[/youtube]

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Crabman wrote:PZ's tirade against being misrepresented and not allowed to defend himself literally made me put my hands on my head and shake it in disbelief.

It just can't be possible for anyone to not have a moment of clarity at this point. What the fuck is going on in his mind? Is the vending machine of realizations permanently jammed up?

It's time for PZ to take a week off and just absorb the dissonance between his actions, his demands on others, and the way he himself demands to be treated.

Well I think it depends on how you view PZ.

Was he being a disingenuous prick posing as the white knight of the downtrodden while he banned anyone who raised inconvenient questions and trying to bully his way into a leadership position of the A/S movement.

Or was he honestly that blind and clueless to believe that everyone who disagreed were secretly misogynists/rape apologists/Trans bigots/racists.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. He latched onto sexual harassment in the A/S movement as a means to project himself into the spotlight. The ensuring drama gave his site good hits. Once he was forced to abandon reason for dogma he set a course that he found he couldn't reverse.

It didn't help that most of the bloggers he set up shop with were nuttier than a fruitcake.

After what he has done to so many, it is quite gratifying to watch him flail as what he thought were his "allies" treat him as just another via male shitlord.

CaptainFluffyBunny

John Greg wrote:Hey, why the fuck are FTB people all so bloody unhealthy? I mean, the list is almost endless: PeeZus gets around about 5 or 6 colds and flues per year, TwoCows has a long list of autoimmune dysfunctions, Miri is certifiabley nutso, Ashly Miller is narcoleptic times ten, InZvanity is all sorts of damaged from physical to emotionaal to psychological to otherwise, LousyCanuck is a few decades early on male pattern baldness (I guess that's 'cause gender differences are cultural and his culture likes shiny domes?), Zinnia Jones is ... well, WTF is Zinnia Jones anyway?, Benson is a sad lonely old crone who cannot find her way home even with a searchlight, map, and GPS, Richard "Spunky Monkey Intellectual Artillery" Carrier is a sex maniac and perverted semen fetishist ... I mean the list just goes on and on and on and on. Did these people all grow up stuck inside some kind of toxic waste dump? I mean WTF?

I think there's more victim cred for suffering. Plus, they're all fucking drama queens to the nth degree. They can magnify a fucking cold into "worse than cancer." Bunch of crybabies.

Parody Accountant

John Greg wrote:Hey, why the fuck are FTB people all so bloody unhealthy? I mean, the list is almost endless: PeeZus gets around about 5 or 6 colds and flues per year, TwoCows has a long list of autoimmune dysfunctions, Miri is certifiabley nutso, Ashly Miller is narcoleptic times ten, InZvanity is all sorts of damaged from physical to emotionaal to psychological to otherwise, LousyCanuck is a few decades early on male pattern baldness (I guess that's 'cause gender differences are cultural and his culture likes shiny domes?), Zinnia Jones is ... well, WTF is Zinnia Jones anyway?, Benson is a sad lonely old crone who cannot find her way home even with a searchlight, map, and GPS, Richard "Spunky Monkey Intellectual Artillery" Carrier is a sex maniac and perverted semen fetishist ... I mean the list just goes on and on and on and on. Did these people all grow up stuck inside some kind of toxic waste dump? I mean WTF?

I heard that Abbie cured Ed Brayton of AIDS.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Meh.

Anyone who has made their mind up 100% about trans issues are either not paying that much attention, not thinking very deeply about the issue or is an ideologue.

Anyone that doesn't like a good joke has a stick up their ass.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I don't think we are best suited to throw stones. I mean we are a pretty fucked up group here as well.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:

I think there's more victim cred for suffering. Plus, they're all fucking drama queens to the nth degree. They can magnify a fucking cold into "worse than cancer." Bunch of crybabies.
Nothing a nice pair of Fluevogs wouldn't cure.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Meyers seems to have run afoul of a bigger pack of c**** than the horde. Being a bunch of c**** still doesn't make them women though. I will need more evidence than 'because they have the feelz of being a woman' and 'if you disagree that they are women then you are literally killing them.' Besides that laughable nonsense what have they got?

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Jan Steen wrote:
The writing is atrocious. It's unmitigated torture to read it. Here's a typical snippet.
When you see your colleague say that someone has told them privately that the people they’re retweeting have histories of persecuting trans people and ask the general public, instead of the person who respected their wishes by contacting them privately, what that history could be?

When you see your colleague’s talk of leaving the network because it’s so terrible to have other colleagues say your colleague has done something wrong get turned into spaces to talk about how those other colleagues did something wrong?
Ready for a challenge? On the count of 3, diagram those sentences!

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

comhcinc wrote:

I don't think we are best suited to throw stones. I mean we are a pretty fucked up group here as well.
As Stitch would say 'we are little and fucked up, but still good, yeah, still good.'

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Spike13 wrote:Enjoying PZ's latest post" we ain't dead"

Why they're stronger than ever!

Don't look at the nose diving ratings!

Ignore the collapsing scenery!

Infighting? What infighting?

Oh and that's merely Ed and Ophie practicing their synchronized diving routine!

Nope no abandoning ship around here!

[youtube]zDAmPIq29ro[/youtube]

CaptainFluffyBunny

comhcinc wrote:

We can throw all the stones we want. They won't hold back on theirs for certain. I have enough physical injuries to make Phil jealous, but I just soldier on. We don't whinge on about it, or use it as an excuse to be shitty to other people. And that, my friend, is the critical difference. We aren't a fucked up group of people, we're just people. We don't gather victim points to our chest like pearls, we don't claim oppression because of them, and we don't parade them like a prize. They're just things that happen to us, they are not US.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Spike13 wrote:
Crabman wrote:PZ's tirade against being misrepresented and not allowed to defend himself literally made me put my hands on my head and shake it in disbelief.

Well I think it depends on how you view PZ.

Was he being a disingenuous prick posing as the white knight of the downtrodden while he banned anyone who raised inconvenient questions and trying to bully his way into a leadership position of the A/S movement.

Or was he honestly that blind and clueless to believe that everyone who disagreed were secretly misogynists/rape apologists/Trans bigots/racists.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. He latched onto sexual harassment in the A/S movement as a means to project himself into the spotlight. The ensuring drama gave his site good hits. Once he was forced to abandon reason for dogma he set a course that he found he couldn't reverse.

It didn't help that most of the bloggers he set up shop with were nuttier than a fruitcake.

After what he has done to so many, it is quite gratifying to watch him flail as what he thought were his "allies" treat him as just another via male shitlord.
I have to say, I largely think this is the latter. With virtually everybody involved. Which is why, speaking for myself I try to keep these things as depersonalized as possible, as I think it's the culture and not the individual that is to blame. Now, I'm not one to lecture people who see things a different way. At least I try not to. If you want to personalize it, go right ahead. It's just not what I personally believe.

I think the honest trust is that most of the people involved simply haven't thought about these issues all that much. They take what "Activists" say at face value, and just assume that because they claim to be fighting for good things (and I'd agree that what they say they're fighting for IS good) then that means they must be right...right?

Yet many of those "activists" quite frankly, are simply following along with others. It's a massive meme outbreak, really.

And once people find themselves out of the tribe, the scales generally fall away VERY fast. (The question is how fast will they be this time..will it be any different? I predict no)

The first step is realizing that the people you're listening to have no more fucking clue..and probably less...about these issues than you do. And then you go from there.

CaptainFluffyBunny

MacGruberKnows wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

As Stitch would say 'we are little and fucked up, but still good, yeah, still good.'
Yeah, that tool Well said. I like that movie. Four kids of my own, innumerable kids under my care, and I still like that one.

CaptainFluffyBunny

That too. Captain is in his cups.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

comhcinc wrote:

We can throw all the stones we want. They won't hold back on theirs for certain. I have enough physical injuries to make Phil jealous, but I just soldier on. We don't whinge on about it, or use it as an excuse to be shitty to other people. And that, my friend, is the critical difference. We aren't a fucked up group of people, we're just people. We don't gather victim points to our chest like pearls, we don't claim oppression because of them, and we don't parade them like a prize. They're just things that happen to us, they are not US.
I agree that shit happens and it doesn't have to define you if you don't let it. If Stone throwing is your thing then yeah go right ahead. My point was JG was just naming off a list of "unhealthy" characteristics including being bald and having an interest in spunk juice and I was saying we got issues too.

If you read what JG said again it really comes off (at least to me) as some elitist sounding bullshit. If his point was saying, like you, that they are talking about it for some type of cred it would be one thing, but that isn't what he is saying. He is just point out, at least in his mind, their flaws.

Parody Accountant

You know who hasn't posted yet? The king of splash damage

http://i.imgur.com/2R3rd9o.png

I know his oversharing is completely unrelated to the TERF conversation. But right now she could totally use the semen thing against him if he posts anything.

He can't be the intellectual artillery that ftb needs right now. :(
:cdc:

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

comhcinc wrote: I don't think we are best suited to throw stones. I mean we are a pretty fucked up group here as well.
comhcinc wrote:We can throw all the stones we want.
Just because I have the stones doesn't mean I have to throw them. Cause then I wouldn't have the stones anymore. You got the stones to say different?

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Parody Accountant wrote:You know who hasn't posted yet? The king of splash damage

http://i.imgur.com/2R3rd9o.png

I know his oversharing is completely unrelated to the TERF conversation.
Maybe someone could change that, by asking him - yes or no, dagnabbit! - if he'd have dinner at a conference with a trans*woman.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
comhcinc wrote: I don't think we are best suited to throw stones. I mean we are a pretty fucked up group here as well.
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:We can throw all the stones we want.
Just because I have the stones doesn't mean I have to throw them. Cause then I wouldn't have the stones anymore. You got the stones to say different?
Are we talking about fat? If we are I have plenty to loan you.

Billie from Ockham

I'm still working through the archive of that B&W thread and I have to say, so far, I'm liking Elizabeth Hungerford. That's bad, isn't it?

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

comhcinc wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:
No doubt splashed on me from the top rope with a coconut head butt thrown in for free.

CaptainFluffyBunny

comhcinc wrote:
comhcinc wrote:John Greg Observations Snipped in Compliance With Quote Limit.
I agree that shit happens and it doesn't have to define you if you don't let it. If Stone throwing is your thing then yeah go right ahead. My point was JG was just naming off a list of "unhealthy" characteristics including being bald and having an interest in spunk juice and I was saying we got issues too.

If you read what JG said again it really comes off (at least to me) as some elitist sounding bullshit. If his point was saying, like you, that they are talking about it for some type of cred it would be one thing, but that isn't what he is saying. He is just point out, at least in his mind, their flaws.
I read what JG said. And I appreciate the humanity you extend. But we are all only human. We've been called some pretty vile things by the baboons over the years. Told to die innumerable ways, often involving fires or rotting porcupines. We've been othered, maligned, cast as rapists and rape apologists, when some of us have been the victims of rape ourselves. So if he indulges in a bit of name-calling, I am not going to begrudge him that. What we do in mocking them is all a matter of a spectrum, a degree. It's not an all-or-nothing affair. Either we let them run rampant or we mock. That mocking often takes forms that may be uncomfortable for some of us.

So I applaud your humanity and generosity. I really do. But just as your wrestlers indulge in a bit of smack-talk, I think we might allow ourselves to do the same. To a certain degree. YMMV. Offer void in Tennessee.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Billie from Ockham wrote:I'm still working through the archive of that B&W thread and I have to say, so far, I'm liking Elizabeth Hungerford. That's bad, isn't it?
That is bad. That's #penisbad.

CaptainFluffyBunny

MacGruberKnows wrote:
comhcinc wrote:We can throw all the stones we want.
I had some stones but I lent them to a Muslim. No idea what he wanted with them, but he was very particular that they be smooth.

CaptainFluffyBunny

comhcinc wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:
You holding up okay, comhcinc? You seem a little down. PM if you want, share here if not.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Goddam, a Welch-like string for me. Woot!

Billie from Ockham

I think that Ophelia Benson did Elizabeth Hungerford a huge favor by banning her from B&W. There was zero chance of any of the B&W regulars listening and learning, no matter how much effort was put into the comments. However, I don't think that the banning was meant to be a favor; rather, it had to be done to (a) stop the flow of well-thought-out TERFyness, (b) shut SC up, and (c) keep the guy with the tom-boy daughter ... er, son ... from blowing a gasket.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I read what JG said. And I appreciate the humanity you extend. But we are all only human. We've been called some pretty vile things by the baboons over the years. Told to die innumerable ways, often involving fires or rotting porcupines. We've been othered, maligned, cast as rapists and rape apologists, when some of us have been the victims of rape ourselves. So if he indulges in a bit of name-calling, I am not going to begrudge him that. What we do in mocking them is all a matter of a spectrum, a degree. It's not an all-or-nothing affair. Either we let them run rampant or we mock. That mocking often takes forms that may be uncomfortable for some of us.

So I applaud your humanity and generosity. I really do. But just as your wrestlers indulge in a bit of smack-talk, I think we might allow ourselves to do the same. To a certain degree. YMMV. Offer void in Tennessee.
Let's frame it as a wrestling show. You can play heel or you can play babyface. Both groups smack talk but heels will take some cheap heat (bad heels do nothing but) while babyfaces will take the high road.

J"T"G was playing heel. He is not going get a pop from the marks like that. And if we are not getting pops how are we making money? I just think he needs to work on his promo

What John Greg may look like:
http://i.imgur.com/HZ9nFan.jpg
I promise this wasn't just so I could add a pic of a shitty wrestler but I am also not going to pass up the opportunity.

didymos

Post by didymos »

Billie from Ockham wrote:I think that Ophelia Benson did Elizabeth Hungerford a huge favor by banning her from B&W. There was zero chance of any of the B&W regulars listening and learning, no matter how much effort was put into the comments. However, I don't think that the banning was meant to be a favor; rather, it had to be done to (a) stop the flow of well-thought-out TERFyness, (b) shut SC up, and (c) keep the guy with the tom-boy daughter ... er, son ... from blowing a gasket.
Which post was the drama on?

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

comhcinc wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I read what JG said. And I appreciate the humanity you extend. But we are all only human. We've been called some pretty vile things by the baboons over the years. Told to die innumerable ways, often involving fires or rotting porcupines. We've been othered, maligned, cast as rapists and rape apologists, when some of us have been the victims of rape ourselves. So if he indulges in a bit of name-calling, I am not going to begrudge him that. What we do in mocking them is all a matter of a spectrum, a degree. It's not an all-or-nothing affair. Either we let them run rampant or we mock. That mocking often takes forms that may be uncomfortable for some of us.

Let's frame it as a wrestling show. You can play heel or you can play babyface. Both groups smack talk but heels will take some cheap heat (bad heels do nothing but) while babyfaces will take the high road.

J"T"G was playing heel. He is not going get a pop from the marks like that. And if we are not getting pops how are we making money? I just think he needs to work on his promo

What John Greg may look like:
http://i.imgur.com/HZ9nFan.jpg
I promise this wasn't just so I could add a pic of a shitty wrestler but I am also not going to pass up the opportunity.
Is that Co-Co B ware???

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: You holding up okay, comhcinc? You seem a little down. PM if you want, share here if not.
I'm actually doing great. Going in the morning to get the kids and spend the weekend with them with my family. Had the first real sit down and talk with my wife last night since we broke up (we have been keep in contact via text but haven't really seen each other except in passing) My boss came back in to town today and I was praised for some changes I had made to our system at work (the owner has been on vacation for all except my first two days there). So far this week no long time idols of my have died. The drama at FtBs is fun to watch though most are taking more glee than me. Glory kickboxing was good tonight. Watching WWI docs on the pc (Windows 10 no less) and I just had a great wank.

:shifty:

So thanks for asking (really) but you have misread me. :D

CaptainFluffyBunny

Billie from Ockham wrote:I think that Ophelia Benson did Elizabeth Hungerford a huge favor by banning her from B&W. There was zero chance of any of the B&W regulars listening and learning, no matter how much effort was put into the comments. However, I don't think that the banning was meant to be a favor; rather, it had to be done to (a) stop the flow of well-thought-out TERFyness, (b) shut SC up, and (c) keep the guy with the tom-boy daughter ... er, son ... from blowing a gasket.
How many kids are being harmed by parents "transitioning" experimenting kids? This isn't just a war of semantics. Kids mess around, we don't let them make choices about driving motorcycles, we shouldn't let them decide their future sexuality before they or science is ready. Or so says this Shitlord.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Spike13 wrote: Is that Co-Co B ware???
JGT

CaptainFluffyBunny

comhcinc wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: You holding up okay, comhcinc? You seem a little down. PM if you want, share here if not.
I'm actually doing great. Going in the morning to get the kids and spend the weekend with them with my family. Had the first real sit down and talk with my wife last night since we broke up (we have been keep in contact via text but haven't really seen each other except in passing) My boss came back in to town today and I was praised for some changes I had made to our system at work (the owner has been on vacation for all except my first two days there). So far this week no long time idols of my have died. The drama at FtBs is fun to watch though most are taking more glee than me. Glory kickboxing was good tonight. Watching WWI docs on the pc (Windows 10 no less) and I just had a great wank.

:shifty:

So thanks for asking (really) but you have misread me. :D
Very glad to be wrong.