Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
dog puke

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by dog puke »

Bourne Skeptic wrote:
You remember Mitzi Dupree, "Queen of the Ping-Pong" She could shoot a ping-pong into a beer glass from 20 feet. Talent like that is under-appreciated these days.
Those were the days my friend.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Peter Flanders wrote:Having looked at all the responses to the FT pit conscience question, I understand how the 'pit can keep denying it doxxes people, when it clearly does. When a case of doxxing comes up, instead of looking at the evidence, members are posed a straw man question by the FT, and they reach a consensus on that. If the consensus on the straw man is no, then no doxxing occurred is re-adopted as central credo of the 'pit, and everybody carries on as before.

With a clear conscience I can go on claiming to be Pogsurf's mate, not Pogsurf, because my logic is no more faulty than the 'pit's conscience.

Amazingly, after three days in a coma, Peter Flanders survived. He came very close to death, then staged an amazing recovery. Well done to everyone at the 'pit that helped in this way.

Peter Flanders has regenerated.
What outcome would you find satisfactory?

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

x_?_x wrote:I appear to have posted a half-finished sentence three times.

I'll slink away quietly before the bullying begins.
Not from me. It's the story of my Pitlife.

#pitlife

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Is Myers going full conspiracy theorist?
Maybe they can just attract better advertisers, ya tit.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Bourne Skeptic wrote:
dog puke wrote:
Bourne Skeptic wrote:
I agree, I find little at Breitbart that I agree with but if they have an article I do agree with I won't dismiss it because of where it comes from like the sjw crowd does.
Bourne - I totally agree with your last few posts.

PS: Please don't vote Tory on October 19th.
I vote for Harper to get rid of the long-gun registry but now that it's gone and the Tories are getting way too comfortable in power, it's time for a change!

I haven't decided between the Liberals or the NDP yet. This is the first general election that I'm seriously considering the NDP, they got voted in in Alberta last year and they're doing a good job governing from the centre.
That's one thing that people have a hard time grokking about Canadian politics: The parties move all over the spectrum, especially in provincial politics. There are times where the NDP are the right-wing party and the Progressive Conservatives are the left-wing party. Parties, because the oppositional nature of the Canadian government, tend to end up opposing where the previous party was, resulting in some pretty odd movement.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Bourne Skeptic wrote:
You remember Mitzi Dupree, "Queen of the Ping-Pong" She could shoot a ping-pong into a beer glass from 20 feet. Talent like that is under-appreciated these days.
Saw Mitzi in the White Rock Ocean Beach Hotel when she made the rounds in the lower mainland of BC. It had a low ceiling so a lot of the ping pong balls ricocheted off the ceiling into the crowd. I don't know what the regulations are like elsewhere but in BC you can't even put money in a strippers bra or g-string anymore. I remember when they would mash their tits in your face when you tipped them like that. Those were the days.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

If anyone wants a more detailed who said what timeline of the whole Tim Hunt business you do worse than going here

I also noticed that the roles played by Ivan Oransky of Retraction Watch, and Deborah Blum, professor of journalism at the University of Wisconsin-Madison have been given scant notice. Not so with Connie St Louis, director of City University

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Karmakin wrote:
Bourne Skeptic wrote:
dog puke wrote: Bourne - I totally agree with your last few posts.

I vote for Harper to get rid of the long-gun registry but now that it's gone and the Tories are getting way too comfortable in power, it's time for a change!

I haven't decided between the Liberals or the NDP yet. This is the first general election that I'm seriously considering the NDP, they got voted in in Alberta last year and they're doing a good job governing from the centre.
That's one thing that people have a hard time grokking about Canadian politics: The parties move all over the spectrum, especially in provincial politics. There are times where the NDP are the right-wing party and the Progressive Conservatives are the left-wing party. Parties, because the oppositional nature of the Canadian government, tend to end up opposing where the previous party was, resulting in some pretty odd movement.
Yeah, well the NDP have never even been close to sniffing power federally so it's pretty hard to peg them with hard stuff at the present. But I notice very much how they have turned into a "Political Party" now that they have a chance at electoral success. Something about the siren song of actual power takes many of the rough edges off some more idealistic planks in a platform as they are repackaged for mass consumption.

Not that I am cynical about the political process...

At any rate, Harper is an out and out authoritarian (in my books) and anything is better. Strategic voting seems to be the thing I suppose.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Bourne Skeptic wrote:
Saw Mitzi in the White Rock Ocean Beach Hotel when she made the rounds in the lower mainland of BC. It had a low ceiling so a lot of the ping pong balls ricocheted off the ceiling into the crowd. I don't know what the regulations are like elsewhere but in BC you can't even put money in a strippers bra or g-string anymore. I remember when they would mash their tits in your face when you tipped them like that. Those were the days.
Damn - there are a lot of Lotus-Landers here on the pit.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Sunder wrote:Is Myers going full conspiracy theorist?
Yeah, it's a big honking mystery. Maybe one day Peez will get to the bottom of it before he gets to the bottom of the rankings.

http://imgur.com/CNngop8.png

http://imgur.com/znlZBUC.png

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Karmakin wrote:
Bourne Skeptic wrote:
dog puke wrote:
Bourne - I totally agree with your last few posts.

I've voted for the Liberals, Conservatives, NDP, the Green and the Reform party at one time or another. I'm leaning NDP this time. Never thought that would ever happen!

The largest problem with the American system imo is only two parties. It created a us vs them mentality that has become part of their culture. I think it has promoted very binary thinking in many aspects of American life.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Bourne Skeptic wrote:
I remember having to keep my hand over my beer glass when she was on stage.

We used to call the front row, "Gynecology Row"

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

dog puke wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:
Bourne Skeptic wrote:
Damn - there are a lot of Lotus-Landers here on the pit.
And probably Nuck fans. But I won't hold that against y'all. GFG

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Ape+lust wrote:
Sunder wrote:Is Myers going full conspiracy theorist?
Yeah, it's a big honking mystery. Maybe one day Peez will get to the bottom of it before he gets to the bottom of the rankings.

http://imgur.com/CNngop8.png

http://imgur.com/znlZBUC.png
Its amazing the things you don't think of when you are in denial. Personally I don't think PZ will acknowledge that the ship is sinking until he's standing at the bottom of the North Atlantic. Whether he's admitted it to himself is anyone's guess...

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Hemant responds:
Delightful

WaxNapoleon

Post by WaxNapoleon »

Guest_f1c87e83 wrote:LOL, The resilience of this place is being "tested" by random nobodies? ROFLMAO

It's about to get "tested" a whole hell of a lot harder you piece of shit.
[youtube]dw07N2_RAxo[/youtube]

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

I think it is becoming obvious now how PZ intends to handle the ship jumping and rapid pitter hordes baying at his door. He is going to martyr himself, in true cult fashion.

He will cast himself as Saint Peezus of the Queer, Pansexual, Transgendered, Feminist, UnderPriveliged, Minority, Youth Bloggers. He, and he alone can help them earn pennies a month peddling their dogma to the 3 remaining horde that aren't pounce hugging at Tony's.

Only he, of all the main name bloggers at FTB, has ignored the siren call of Patheos millions, and refused to subvert his calling to the Religious Overlords and their cunning plan.

That, and no one else wants to associate their blog space with his toxic name.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

jimthepleb wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote: <snip>
You didn't like his posting? I thought he was funny. I missed a week so maybe I missed it
You people sure he is a racist? I thought he was just trying to troll.
Almost certainly not, but I quite enjoy the game. I suspect even Steerzo is pleasant polite and kind to the black people he deals with. It's just the niggers he hates.
:lol: And no doubt you're pleasant and polite to the women you deal with in real life. It's just the cunts you hate.

But it's not really a question of hate, at least in my case, although I'm not sure about yours. But I figure, as does Croom, that it is more a case of using that type of epithet - like "kike", "faggot", "tranny", "prick", etc - as a way of criticizing those members of the correspondging groups who have "degraded [their communities] through laziness and stupidity" or through some other morally reprehensible behaviour. You may wish to spend a moment or two reading through Croom's paper, "The semantics of slurs: A refutation of coreferentialism", for the details.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

WaxNapoleon wrote:
Guest_f1c87e83 wrote:LOL, The resilience of this place is being "tested" by random nobodies? ROFLMAO

So was this guest our 1337 Haxor?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Lsuoma wrote:Question for the Pit's conscience re doxxing:

If one does a google search for a 'nym and links to individuals turn up in the top two or three hits, should sharing that be considered doxxing? My view, as I have expressed in the past, is no, but I'd like to see what others think.
I think it is inappropriate to raise this information or provide it publicly in the forum; I think if someone is using a pseudonym consistently in one place there is a presumption that they wish to be treated "anonymously" in this place. I am not sure I would call it doxxing but I would not think it was in keeping with the pit's moral stance and commitment to freedom of expression.

However, I don't think there's a problem in the slightest in doing this research, particularly if you are running a site like this, and taking any appropriate actions or conferring with others (moderators) about the situation.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Steersman wrote::lol: And no doubt you're pleasant and polite to the women you deal with in real life. It's just the cunts you hate.

But it's not really a question of hate, at least in my case, although I'm not sure about yours. But I figure, as does Croom, that it is more a case of using that type of epithet - like "kike", "faggot", "tranny", "prick", etc - as a way of criticizing those members of the corresponding groups who have "degraded [their communities] through laziness and stupidity" or through some other morally reprehensible behaviour. You may wish to spend a moment or two reading through Croom's paper, "The semantics of slurs: A refutation of coreferentialism", for the details.
The problem with your position is that the current social norms, based on a series of historic events, have restricted this specific use of this epithets to members of the group which is usually the target of this epithet. So while people on this board, to whom you have explained your intent at length, might (or might not) understand the specific use you make of these epithets (depending on how willing they are to devote some time to reading your posts in their entirety), the pragmatic inference that most people will make if you use those epithets is that you're using them to tar all members of the target group with the same brush.

Other epithets have a different social and historic context, and while they may be perceived as insulting or vulgar, most people won't automatically infer that they've been used as a negative qualifier for an entire group. This is especially true for "cunt", which isn't used only against a specific group but as a general purpose insult. Even some radical feminist (like those who wrote an article on Jezebel which I referred to earlier in this thread) have understood that cunt isn't, if direct against a specific person, a "sexist slur", and that there's no long history of sexist use of "cunt" which is in any way comparable to the racist use of "nigger".

Only a really small subset of society insists on defining "cunt" a sexist slur. This subset is made up by a certain percentage of radical feminists, and not even by all of them. Their claim isn't based on social or historic contexts but on abstract, a priori post-modern arguments written by people such as Andrea Dworkin.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Spike13 wrote:i am so glad that it seems most of the A/S community is growing tired of Peez' yelling Witch! When ever he disagrees with someone. (Or someone disagrees/ or dares criticize him)

Stay the course Pizzy, it's paying off so well now.
At this point, who DOES like PZ Myers? Honestly. Who is left?

Even most of the SJWs I've met think he's an asshole.

People who believe 99.5% of what PZ believes think he's a fucking dick and a hypocrite. Mission accomplished, I say. Imported Bavarian wheat beers all around. :dance:

So I guess at this point I'm at a loss for why the Slymepit even needs to exist anymore. Although I do love to shitpost.

The kind of SJWism I don't like has been so roundly and universally discredited there's little point in me talking about it except to voice agreement when someone else says it's dumb. The kind of SJWism I like (aka liberals being idealistic and libtarded, but hopefully not too badly) still exists and hasn't been harmed much by the existence of SJWs... If only because the right wing in the USA is so fucking stupid (evidenced by Trump, opposition to gay marriage and their pathetic attempt to put another Bush in the White House) that nothing any stupid SJW can do comes close.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Bourne Skeptic wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Bourne Skeptic wrote:Cultural Libertarians

[youtube]y5Oixo1eF18[/youtube]

"Postscript

I wish this didn't need to be said, but I suspect that it does. I am well aware that Breitbart is a conservative platform. And yes, they do periodically publish some things with which I disagree. To anyone reading this who is currently fuming (e.g., "How dare you link to a conservative site!") or something else along these lines, I'd like to point out that my commitment to freethought is far more important to me than any political ideology. I recognize that some people find this difficult to grasp, but I am not interested in blindly accepting any ideology. I prefer to consider ideas on their merit.

Liberals sometimes have good ideas, and conservatives sometimes have good ideas. Both liberals and conservatives have plenty of bad ideas too. I'm going to highlight those I consider to be valuable and criticize those I regard as flawed. Ideas with merit do not magically lose their value simply because you or I might disagree with their source on some ideological points. And ideas without merit do not magically gain it when they are expressed by someone who represents a particular ideology."

http://www.atheistrev.com/2015/09/cultu ... z3kX7gX1p4
There have been many comments on the Pit that compared to, say, Some of the FfTB and SJW crowd, Breitbart is actually often a more refreshing, cogent, and honest source.

This whole sjw fiasco of the last 4 plus years has convinced me that it isn't the left or the right that I have a real problem with, it's the authoritarians and fanatics.
When the left seems to have gone collectively nuts and abandoned principles you support like free speech and due process, it's only natural you'll look for people who still support those principles and find them outside the left. If free speech and due process are now de facto right wing issues, then anyone on the left who supports them will find themselves making common cause with people on the right.

One of the big issues I have with SJWs is how dogmatically dualist they are. People are entirely good or entirely evil, and what's right and wrong on all issues is settled - so anyone who disagrees with you on any issue is evil. No room for honest disagreement, no room for people who agree with you on some things but not on others. A or B, yes or no, black or white. It's practically Randian.

Of course, the right has its dogmatists and authoritarians and culture warriors too, so care must be taken. Political culture is tribal, but political issues are not.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

katamari Damassi wrote:Was listening to Fresh Air today with Terry Gross interviewing Jonathon Franzen about his novel Purity. In the book is a character who uses feminism to abuse her ally boyfriend. One of the things she does is insist that he piss sitting down because she has to. An incredulous Gross asked him if he could ever see that happening in real life. I actually spoke back to the radio and said: "Go to Tumblr, Terry."
My brother (briefly) went out with a German girl when he was a student who said she wouldn't sleep with him unless he peed sitting down. He told her he did.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

rayshul wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Question for the Pit's conscience re doxxing:

If one does a google search for a 'nym and links to individuals turn up in the top two or three hits, should sharing that be considered doxxing? My view, as I have expressed in the past, is no, but I'd like to see what others think.
I think it is inappropriate to raise this information or provide it publicly in the forum; I think if someone is using a pseudonym consistently in one place there is a presumption that they wish to be treated "anonymously" in this place. I am not sure I would call it doxxing but I would not think it was in keeping with the pit's moral stance and commitment to freedom of expression.

However, I don't think there's a problem in the slightest in doing this research, particularly if you are running a site like this, and taking any appropriate actions or conferring with others (moderators) about the situation.
My view is that this is not doxxing - although I would add that it is possible to find information on people from a simple google search and posting this information would be considered doxxing.
I think the difference is in the intent of the poster and likely use of the information.
Contrast two examples.
1. AnthonyK (Brownian)
Prolific pharyngula commenter and general fuckwit.
Had a page on some well known atheist site that said something like "I'm Anthony K - otherwise known as Brownian from pharyngula"
This page came up at the top of any google search for brownian and pharyngula.

He claimed that it was doxxing when someone posted a link to that site.

2. Surly Amy - Vacula posting address.
Had her business linked to her address which was easily found by google search.
Vacula posted the address and a picture of her apartment here - which was quickly deleted after multiple objections from pitters.

To me example 1 is not doxxing.
Example 2, however is doxxing.

Vacula should have realized that posting home addresses or work addresses could result in targeting of Surly Amy by malicious readers.

As for Flanders, it appears to me that his claims of doxxing are part of his current trolling.
He seems to have gotten it into his head that the slymepit is some kind of free speech temple and is testing it by posting racist shit using a nym that has been linked to his other name.
I see the exposure of his name as being similar to the AnthonyK/Brownian situation.
I strongly suspect that he chose the name specifically for the purpose of crying wolf when it was linked with pogsurf.

In other words, its not doxxing - its just pogsurf for whatever reason attempting some Damion level fuckwittery.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Hiya, Gumbers, old chum!
Dead sorry to hear about your Mam. Your story sounds exactly like what we went through with my nana. She went into a home 2 weeks ago and has never been happier. Seems all she wanted was people to talk to and now she's spoilt for choice.

Malky

Post by Malky »

quotes snipped...

In my case I had to get tough. Everyone's situation is different, but I learned that the roles truly do get reversed after a certain point. I became the parent and my parent became the child. The hardest part for me was overruling her overwhelming and perfectly normal desire to stay in her own home. I had to fight her to get her to agree to let the paramedics take her to the ER. I had to fight her to get her to admit herself to the main hospital. I had to fight her to get her to consent to a stint in rehab at a nursing home, and I had to fight her to convince her that rehab hadn't helped sufficiently and therefore staying permanently at the nursing home was the only option. Having health care power of attorney when she was still at the hospital gave me more of a legal leg to stand on, given her dementia, but it sure as hell didn't make the endless fighting with her any easier. After I placed her permanently, she called, demanding me to get her out of there and back home (a home, by the way, I was in the process of getting rid of at the time.) We fought briefly over the phone, then she hung up on me. A few minutes later she called back. Much exasperated, I said "What is it NOW?!?" and she said simply "You win". And she meant it. Since then she has done very well at the home - much happier than at her apartment, and my stress levels have fallen like Phil Giordana off a trampoline onto a marble floor.

I've never had kids, but I now know how hard it can be to go against the desperate wishes of someone you care for very much. The best advice I got during that whole time came from a social worker at the nursing home who said "You know, it's OK noot to answer the phone sometimes". That advice kept me sane. Just realize that you may have to fill a role you never dreamed of filling, and you have to do it no matter how awful it is on you.[/quote]

Currently going through this with an 87 year old cousin of my Dad, As I happen to be the only living relative for 100 miles she has sort of been my responsibility for a lot of years. She is currently in the denial stage and refusing to admit she has got old. However we are going to try and get he into a retirement complex as it is clear that she is no longer capable of living at home on her own. Not going to be easy :(

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

OK, just some amusing back of the envelope calculations.

FTB currently has about 28 active sites as part of its network.
Of these 14 are written by women bloggers - 14 by men.

You know the famous figure of women getting 77 cents for every dollar that men make?

We can do the same calculation with Freethought Blogs.

Considering that FTB is a feminist site, we expect there to be similar income division, don't we?

So, what is the income division of men versus women on FTB?

Men = 95%
Women = 5%

And what about the average income?
Because the numbers are equal we end up with similar discrepancies - women get 5-6% of mens income on average.
(Somebody check the calculations - I'm not awake yet!)

Of course, the income is dependent on page hits and Myers, being 90% of the network's traffic skews the results in one direction, but still, the calculation is done in a similar way to the feminist 77 cents calculation (Average male income compared to average womens income)

:naughty:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

And yes, great to see the return of Gumby :dance:

James Caruthers

WaxNapoleon wrote:

I was going to scroll past this entire page, but then I saw your post. Thanks.

[youtube]2K_xZcjsVuw[/youtube]

Play that song in the background as you watch this:

[youtube]O8YSwB8AvWs[/youtube]

James Caruthers

Let's get down to the real issues:

Rebecca Watson

Banging her

Would you, or wouldn't you?

And would it be doxxing to talk about how it was the next day?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

paddybrown wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Was listening to Fresh Air today with Terry Gross interviewing Jonathon Franzen about his novel Purity. In the book is a character who uses feminism to abuse her ally boyfriend. One of the things she does is insist that he piss sitting down because she has to. An incredulous Gross asked him if he could ever see that happening in real life. I actually spoke back to the radio and said: "Go to Tumblr, Terry."
My brother (briefly) went out with a German girl when he was a student who said she wouldn't sleep with him unless he peed sitting down. He told her he did.
Whenever I see a sign asking me to pee sitting down I ignore it.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Lsuoma wrote:
Søren Lilholt wrote:Erm...just askin' and all, but, erm...what's happened to my nym?!
UTF8 shenanigans. I'll fix it this weekend. Sorry.
Hey, no worries dude. Honestly, if the funny character is causing problems feel free to remove it.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Hi Gumby! About your mom: yeah, what others said. Be well.

Now, about doxx/no doxx, I think it's a trivial technicality to as what is or is not doxxing. I feel the correct route of inquiry is whether it's malicious and can cause harm or not.

Clearly being a regular at the Pit under the cover of anonymity and suddenly having your real identity revealed to the world can arguably cause a shitload of problems within certain circles if you happen to also frequent them. If you don't, I think Mr General Public won't give two shits.

As someone else said, it should be a case-by-case decision, not a systematic one. Shades of grey and all that...

pajh

Post by pajh »

Dick Strawkins wrote:OK, just some amusing back of the envelope calculations.

FTB currently has about 28 active sites as part of its network.
Of these 14 are written by women bloggers - 14 by men.

You know the famous figure of women getting 77 cents for every dollar that men make?

We can do the same calculation with Freethought Blogs.

Considering that FTB is a feminist site, we expect there to be similar income division, don't we?

So, what is the income division of men versus women on FTB?

Men = 95%
Women = 5%

And what about the average income?
Because the numbers are equal we end up with similar discrepancies - women get 5-6% of mens income on average.
(Somebody check the calculations - I'm not awake yet!)

Of course, the income is dependent on page hits and Myers, being 90% of the network's traffic skews the results in one direction, but still, the calculation is done in a similar way to the feminist 77 cents calculation (Average male income compared to average womens income)

:naughty:
Excellent analysis - I've been banging on about this for some time - someone needs to tweet and ask peezus is it really true that women get paid 6c on the dollar compared to men at FTB? I mean it couldn't be could it because women being paid less than men is the Patriarchy in Action! 77c on the dollar is a huge problem, 6c would be staggering! Then again it can't be much of a surprise to those of us who have been PZ watching - we all know that PZ hates women and is a serial online abuser - just look how he's treated people like Stef, Abbie, Harriet, Paula, Jaclyn etc etc

German StrutBoatsman

Post by German StrutBoatsman »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
Charles MacGruder wrote:
Watch the video. That's all they have to do. They don't necessarily have to disown the cunt, but at the very least they should be asking them difficult questions. What else is a civilised person to do when confronted by such (seemingly damning) evidence?

But they won't. Because it's more important (and easier) to be seen as an ally to their cause, than to confront serious questions around the possible abuse of children. We've seen the same shit with politicians. We've seen it with celebrities. We've seen it with Catholic church. And now these unspeakable cunts.

This is possibly the lowest point in the history of the SJW movement.
Isn't this the right time for Butts to speak at lengths about the horror that child abuse is instead of selfishly defending herself? Same for her supporters.
What a missed opportunity...

:doh:

German StrutBoatsman

paddybrown wrote:
If she cleans it, she makes the rules. Easy as that.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Shit just got real:

John Scalzi Is A Rapist: Why SJWs Always Lie In Bed Waiting For His Gentle Touch; A Pretty, Pretty Girl Dreams of Her Beloved One While Pondering Gender Identity, Social Justice, and Body Dysmorphia Kindle Edition
A blazingly inventive parody from the soon to be Hugo-nominated author Alexa Eren. Come along for a fantastic journey into the romantic longings of one TruFan and xer romantic visions of near future encounters with a famous Hugo-Award-Winning Tor author. Trigger Warning: May be triggering for owners of small lawns and at least one specific cross dresser.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

German StrutBoatsman wrote: Isn't this the right time for Butts to speak at lengths about the horror that child abuse is instead of selfishly defending herself? Same for her supporters.

The logs shown in the video are here last time I checked :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjkx2swqyk5ap ... 9.zip?dl=0

piero

Post by piero »

fuzzy wrote: https://archive.is/ycdv0

Also a few dozen comments on what a fucking asshole Mehta is, insinuating by his blog title that other atheists aren't friendly like them.
From comment 6:
Anne, Cranky Cat Lady
1 September 2015 at 4:27 pm
What, again? Mehta is going to run out of paper, and ink, and correction fluid, or whatever he

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

James Caruthers wrote:Let's get down to the real issues:

Rebecca Watson

Banging her

Unless in the cause of unspeakable fetish, your question sir is a rhetorical 'quiver of shrinkage'.

http://i.imgur.com/x4tStCK.jpg

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

German StrutBoatsman wrote: If she cleans it, she makes the rules. Easy as that.
If I make a mess I clean it up. Easy as that.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

James Caruthers wrote:Let's get down to the real issues:

Rebecca Watson

Banging her

I dunno if it would be doxxing, but it would certainly be a doxy. :doh:

feathers

Post by feathers »

Søren Lilholt wrote:Erm...just askin' and all, but, erm...what's happened to my nym?!
You've been converted to Dutch guilders (florin,

feathers

Post by feathers »

Gumby wrote:Mom's doing OK now, thanks. Another lesson I learned - being at home at all costs is not necessarily the best thing, despite what the parent wants. Sometimes a nursing facility is the best thing.
Strictly rationally, yes. But there's of course a strong emotional component. As long as your parent (and, in the long run, perhaps you) still has clear moments in between the demented ones, they bloody well realise that, wherever they're going, they're not likely to return home.

I sometimes wonder if I wish to live to that moment.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Marilove is a winner.

On FA:

http://i.imgur.com/DqpTDdZ.jpg

On Stollznow:

http://i.imgur.com/W69xIGi.jpg

Rape I tell ya. :clap:

German StrutBoatsman

AndrewV69 wrote:
German StrutBoatsman wrote: If she cleans it, she makes the rules. Easy as that.
If I make a mess I clean it up. Easy as that.
Maybe we can first find a solution to what constitues doxxing, then we can talk about what constitutes 'a mess' and how's that's 'cleaning up' working when she still can find stains on a biweekly basis...

German StrutBoatsman

AndrewV69 wrote:
German StrutBoatsman wrote: Isn't this the right time for Butts to speak at lengths about the horror that child abuse is instead of selfishly defending herself? Same for her supporters.

The logs shown in the video are here last time I checked :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjkx2swqyk5ap ... 9.zip?dl=0
Link isn't working for me, but I was facetious anyway.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

x_?_x wrote:You know, I have seen q
http://i.imgur.com/WczhPwg.jpg

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Steersman wrote::lol: And no doubt you're pleasant and polite to the women you deal with in real life. It's just the cunts you hate.

But it's not really a question of hate, at least in my case, although I'm not sure about yours. But I figure, as does Croom, that it is more a case of using that type of epithet - like "kike", "faggot", "tranny", "prick", etc - as a way of criticizing those members of the corresponding groups who have "degraded [their communities] through laziness and stupidity" or through some other morally reprehensible behaviour. You may wish to spend a moment or two reading through Croom's paper, "The semantics of slurs: A refutation of coreferentialism", for the details.
The problem with your position is that the current social norms, based on a series of historic events, have restricted this specific use of this epithets to members of the group which is usually the target of this epithet.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Welcome back Gumby you [insert something witty here]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Gumby wrote:Hello Pitters. It's been a while. For those who remember me, good to see you again. For those of you who have no idea who I am, go fuck yourselves and die in a porcupine-infested ass fire.
Oh I remember, though I suspect the latter still applies to me. ;)

Welcome home.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Steersman wrote: :lol: And no doubt you're pleasant and polite to the women you deal with in real life. It's just the cunts you hate.

But it's not really a question of hate, at least in my case, although I'm not sure about yours. But I figure, as does Croom, that it is more a case of using that type of epithet - like "kike", "faggot", "tranny", "prick", etc - as a way of criticizing those members of the correspondging groups who have "degraded [their communities] through laziness and stupidity" or through some other morally reprehensible behaviour. You may wish to spend a moment or two reading through Croom's paper, "The semantics of slurs: A refutation of coreferentialism", for the details.
Woman and cunt are only synonyms in your head chap. Most of the cunts I know are men.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Peter Flanders wrote:Having looked at all the responses to the FT pit conscience question, I understand how the 'pit can keep denying it doxxes people, when it clearly does. When a case of doxxing comes up, instead of looking at the evidence, members are posed a straw man question by the FT, and they reach a consensus on that. If the consensus on the straw man is no, then no doxxing occurred is re-adopted as central credo of the 'pit, and everybody carries on as before.

With a clear conscience I can go on claiming to be Pogsurf's mate, not Pogsurf, because my logic is no more faulty than the 'pit's conscience.

Amazingly, after three days in a coma, Peter Flanders survived. He came very close to death, then staged an amazing recovery. Well done to everyone at the 'pit that helped in this way.

Peter Flanders has regenerated.
You're illustrating the Damion fallacy. The 'Pit' does not have one mind so even if you were doxed that proves one person doxed you. The general ethos of a place being anti-something is not removed by someone doing that something. If someone here murders that does not make the Slympit pro-murder.

It is also called smearing by association and it has no value except except to discredit in the mind of the gullible and proves nothing.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

jimthepleb wrote:
Steersman wrote: :lol: And no doubt you're pleasant and polite to the women you deal with in real life. It's just the cunts you hate.

Woman and cunt are only synonyms in your head chap. Most of the cunts I know are men.
Black and nigger are only synonyms in your head old chap. Most of the niggers I know are women or Irish ....

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Steersman wrote:
jimthepleb wrote:

Black and nigger are only synonyms in your head old chap. Most of the niggers I know are women or Irish ....
Great Post Steersman.png
(555.54 KiB) Downloaded 132 times

Guest_4549549f

Post by Guest_4549549f »

So did you file a police report on the hack? This probably wasn't the person's first time. And it isn't unusual for people like that to get sloppy. The authorities may already be interested in the individual. And if I am not mistaken actions like that would be a felony.

The authorities might not care, or they might be interested.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Steersman wrote:
jimthepleb wrote:

Really? So all of your previous commentary on the issue has just been trolling? Fair enough.

Guest_4549549f

Post by Guest_4549549f »

Oops, the above is me. My posts are finally going through again, without getting the email error.

Guest_4549549f

Post by Guest_4549549f »

I guess I can't type in a username anymore.