Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
RonSwanson

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by RonSwanson »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Pace Ron, pure random searches are eminently exploitable. In a scenario where half of travelers are searched and the other half waved through, you need only accept that half of your operatives will be caught, while the other half will succeed.
Can't argue with that.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Gumby wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:Carrier is an endless source of lulz:
Says Baghdad Bob, while American tanks roll by in the background.
So what happened at FTB was the equivalent of the withering away of the state in communism?

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Lsuoma wrote:Love this: the BBC illustrates a story about drug-resistant clap with a swarm of hairy bollocks.

[.img]http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpspro ... on-spl.jpg[/img]

Haha, that one had me going 'til it said it was spreading in Scunthorpe.
http://imgur.com/tFmzhfz.png

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

Ode to Dr. Richard Carrier PhD.

While working on the probabilities
Of just what "Jesus" is
He discovered, much to his delight
He'd rather play with jizz.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Is that for realz?

Haz we lost?

A+ can haz cheezburger?

Billie from Ockham

dog puke wrote:
Is that for realz?

Haz we lost?

A+ can haz cheezburger?
Does the cheezburger identify as food? Do you have crystal clear consent to squirm condiments on it?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Peez, being a bitter little man on his Milo Sexbot thread.
PZ Myers

18 September 2015 at 11:02 am

I don’t know if Michael Nugent has given up on me. I’ve given up on him.
Dude, no - no, my billionaire Playboy centerfold ex girfriend did *not* dump me. It was actually *me* who dumped *her* skank ass, okay?

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

John D wrote: mask
I wasn't clear, I meant to ask whether she is ever able to get quality sleep without the mask, Perhasps in some serendipitous position.
John D wrote: mutt
Yeah, the prospective vet bills orf a responsible dogfriend are among of those things that keep me putting off getting a dog ... if I really get a jones I have a friend's red lab I can borrow that obeys me real well, even stays put in the bed of my truck if I make stops on the way to where I walk.

I admire your patience with your daughter and her friends. Your story about explaining pronouns to the uninitiated reminded of one of my brother's favorite expressions "does it pass the straight face test?" as in can a lawyer really present [some crazy explation] to the judge without breaking expression.

John D

Post by John D »

fuzzy wrote:
John D wrote: mask
I wasn't clear, I meant to ask whether she is ever able to get quality sleep without the mask, Perhasps in some serendipitous position.
She doesn't really get good sleep without the CPAP. We take it everywhere. She even used it on our last camping trip. She really needs to lose weight... but... this is super hard for her, especially with the fibromyalgia. "What a drag it is... getting old."

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

HunnyBunny wrote:
I am disappointed by his replies, more cringeworthy than lulzcow. 3/10 I am hoping for improvement.
He looks like he's wearing a shell suit in that photo. Early 90s retro chic? Or is it just because they are wipe-cleanable?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

dog puke wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Some wildlife shots from my front yard, Marcos Tsessos playing a Villa Lobos guitar concerto:
[youtube.]7A4Rc-etlQw[/youtube]
Great music - love Villa Lobos. Nice front yard. Parksville area?
The herring spawn is in Deep Bay with Denman Island on the left and Vancouver Island on the right.
The eagle eating the rabbit is my real front yard near Comox. An eagle that was being chased by some of its' pals dropped the rabbit in the middle of the road in front of my house. I took it down to the beach and tossed it off the seawall and that subadult eagle was on it before I could set up my tripod. The eagle was less worried about me than the other eagles so you see it drag the rabbit to within about 15 feet of me to eat it.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

It appears it really is Richard Carrier and not some joke POE.

His blog does indeed link to it.
https://archive.is/b7Fcy

He is the very definition of a lulzcow. And the bonus? He has no discernible mental illness (beyond his own over inflated ego), that would ever make us feel bad about laughing at him.

The only downside, is that this guy is now so ignored, it might be to our best interest to not provide him with any attention.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Tigzy wrote:Peez, being a bitter little man on his Milo Sexbot thread.
PZ Myers

Dude, no - no, my billionaire Playboy centerfold ex girfriend did *not* dump me. It was actually *me* who dumped *her* skank ass, okay?

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

The Milo thread archived:

Milo Yiannopoulos needs pizza and a wank
https://archive.is/7Oxl9

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:
I am disappointed by his replies, more cringeworthy than lulzcow. 3/10 I am hoping for improvement.
He looks like he's wearing a shell suit in that photo. Early 90s retro chic? Or is it just because they are wipe-cleanable?
I think it's a kind of dark satin shirt with a colourful vest, befitting his Hobbit-wannabe look.

No pics of hairy feet, please.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Aneris wrote:
PZ Myers

Sad. Nugent was the last person of any significance to ever give pz myers any attention.

It just pz now. pz and a walking spank bank.

RonSwanson

Post by RonSwanson »

LOL. Didn't someone here show that most of PZ's twitter followers were fake?
Attachments
pzfollowers.jpg
(58.15 KiB) Downloaded 266 times

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Aneris wrote:The Milo thread archived:

He has a very strange perspective. Almost all the things I do lack any kind of sexual reward, direct or indirect — it’s almost as if my brain can find joy in ideas and activities that don’t involve my penis at all. I work with all these people all the time with no desire to have sex with them. I am on a blog, writing to people most of whom I will never meet, and I will never have sex with any of you. Isn’t that weird?
For a PhD in biology, PZ seems to have a rather naive view on human psychology. Perhaps I'm reading too much into this statement, but I've seen him say enough similar things that I'm honestly not sure whether he understands that there's more going on in our minds than what we're consciously aware of.

(That said, I don't doubt that his actions rarely yield him "any kind of sexual reward, direct or indirect.")

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Aneris wrote:
PZ Myers

:clap: :dance: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PZ is the Gift* that keeps on giving.

* in the German meaning of the word.

Guestus Aurelius

Also, this (emphasis added):
You can’t justify inequities in opportunity, income, or education by pointing to magically inflexible biology, when all the evidence shows that the differences in what individuals can do is largely shaped by the environment.
Does PZ seriously think that we're all basically born with the same potentials? Is really this much of a blank-slater?

Guestus Aurelius

*Is HE really this much of a blank-slater?

Billie from Ockham

Guestus Aurelius wrote:Also, this (emphasis added):
You can’t justify inequities in opportunity, income, or education by pointing to magically inflexible biology, when all the evidence shows that the differences in what individuals can do is largely shaped by the environment.
Does PZ seriously think that we're all basically born with the same potentials? Is really this much of a blank-slater?
The real error is in thinking that any ability is determined by either environment or genetics, as all abilities emerge from the combination of the two. But if you deny this and continue to approach the question in the way that people did, say, fifty years ago, then he's correct that the proportion of variance assigned to environment is almost always higher than that assigned to genetics. But, again, that view is long dead.

Oddly enough, the one place where a pure this or that view still stands is in sexual dimorphism, where sex is determined by just one of the two old-school factors. You'll never guess which it is. Never. No way.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

John D said:
Okay - So think of it this way. Which one of you would be willing to take this "clock" through airport security? In my opinion you would be dragged off to a special room where Homeland Security would grill you for a day.
HAHAHAHAHA. I love it, I just love it. John D trying to highlight and underscore the "legitimacy" of his trademark delusional American paranoia with yet more trademark delusional American paranoia. What fun!
I will at least say this. It was 100% appropriate for the school to call the cops. They would not be doing their duty if they had ignored this.
Maybe they shoulda just shot him so you could feel really and truly safe in your bed surrounded by the countless terrorists of self righteous American fear.

Avast! Avast! Terrorists terrorists everywhere; you're beset by the daft buggers!

:violence-rambo:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Scented Nectar wrote:Steersman, I found a Bizarro World opposite of you!

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015 ... g-cop.html

This fellow with a similar name, seems to be the opposite of you. You promote an app idea for ensuring that sexual encounters are consensual. This other Steers though, is not so into consent.

It's always a good idea to destroy one's 'to be destroyed' pile, people. It defeats the purpose if they do not actually get destroyed. :doh:
:lol:
News Canada wrote:Using a hidden camera installed in his condo’s bathroom, Ontario Provincial Police officer Jeffrey Steers secretly filmed a naked relative showering and undressing. ....
Yea, definitely "not into consent".

But rather sad state of affairs, hardly reflecting well on Canada's finest. I had been feeling a little smug that Canada's record in that department was so much better than America's. While I think the evidence still justifies the contention, our record is hardly any thing to write home about. Reminds me of a conversation I had been having several years ago with a woman, a prostitute here in Canada, on a CBC/National Post page discussing the issue of prostitution and the then upcoming change to our laws on the issue. And she had mentioned that it was rather common for various officers of the law to demand freebies from the girls working the streets as a condition for turning a blind-eye to their activities. And I think she had also mentioned, though I may have heard it from other sources, that the cost of business licenses for "massage parlours" was substantially higher than was charged to most other businesses. Though maybe there are extra policing costs to the muncipalities for policing their activities.

And it seems that rather odious state of affairs is compounded by or due to an excess of morality based on religious fundamentalism "principles". One of the many reasons I'm considering parking my vote some place other than with the Conservatives in the forthcoming election. [/rant ;-) ]

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Guestus Aurelius, Peez has to be a blank-slater. After all, he absolutely hates Pinker. In Peezville, that's how the world works. In Peezville, you don't hate someone because of what they say, do, or stand for; you hate what someone says, does, or stands for because you hate them.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Søren Lilholt wrote: He looks like he's wearing a shell suit in that photo. Early 90s retro chic? Or is it just because they are wipe-cleanable?
He thinks he's this guy:

[youtube]-29cdosjMUY[/youtube]

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Cunt of Personality wrote:Ode to Dr. Richard Carrier PhD.

Of just what "Jesus" is
Not deterred by stinging eyes,
He wisely proclaims "Hence ...
This I'm sure is usual
in the course of these events !"

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

John Greg wrote:Guestus Aurelius, Peez has to be a blank-slater. After all, he absolutely hates Pinker. In Peezville, that's how the world works. In Peezville, you don't hate someone because of what they say, do, or stand for; you hate what someone says, does, or stands for because you hate them.
He is. he tweeted men and women were identical as far as the brain is concerned, that makes him a behaviorist and Blank Slater.

Billie from Ockham

piginthecity wrote:
Cunt of Personality wrote:Ode to Dr. Richard Carrier PhD.

Of just what "Jesus" is
Not deterred by stinging eyes,
He wisely proclaims "Hence ...
This I'm sure is usual
in the course of these events !"
Dick C. replies:
"You all are slyme for shaming me!
And you're jealous, as well as liars.
If you learned Bayes, then you would know:
you get posteriors from priors."

Billie from Ockham

Aneris wrote:
John Greg wrote:Guestus Aurelius, Peez has to be a blank-slater. After all, he absolutely hates Pinker. In Peezville, that's how the world works. In Peezville, you don't hate someone because of what they say, do, or stand for; you hate what someone says, does, or stands for because you hate them.
He is. he tweeted men and women were identical as far as the brain is concerned, that makes him a behaviorist and Blank Slater.
Not to mention demonstrably wrong.

Plus, wasn't he one of the people touting the Iberian studies that supposedly show that trans* brains are similar to the transitioned-to, instead of the transitioned-from?

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

"I'm bleeding, making me the victor."

John D

Post by John D »

John Greg wrote:John D said:
Okay - So think of it this way. Which one of you would be willing to take this "clock" through airport security? In my opinion you would be dragged off to a special room where Homeland Security would grill you for a day.
HAHAHAHAHA. I love it, I just love it. John D trying to highlight and underscore the "legitimacy" of his trademark delusional American paranoia with yet more trademark delusional American paranoia. What fun!
and to think... I was just starting to feel sorry for you..... :?

Guestus Aurelius

Billie from Ockham wrote: The real error is in thinking that any ability is determined by either environment or genetics, as all abilities emerge from the combination of the two. But if you deny this and continue to approach the question in the way that people did, say, fifty years ago, then he's correct that the proportion of variance assigned to environment is almost always higher than that assigned to genetics. But, again, that view is long dead.
Of course, it's true that biology more or less boils down to genes doing gene things within environments, so yes, in principle you're right that it always comes down to "the combination of the two."

But—and please forgive me if I'm misinterpreting you here—I don't think that invalidates the notion that real-world variance in one ability might be more the result of genetic factors than variance in another ability.

PZ is simply wrong when he declares that "all the evidence shows that the differences in what individuals can do is largely shaped by the environment." We really are born with different capabilities because of our genes.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Sunder wrote:
"I'm bleeding, making me the victor."
One of the greatest movies of all time!

Oh wee oh wee oh wee?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Yeah. Pick the nerd who married the first woman who'd fuck him. He's a rutting bristleback.

Peez, staaaahp.

http://imgur.com/tPTyiY8.png

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Blank slaters will accept that some conditions such as autism are inate because to claim otherwise - that autism is due to socialisation - is to fall back on discredited notions such as the 'refrigerator mother'.

Which leaves them with the bizarre idea that 'normal' people are born in a 'blank state' but autistics are not: 'normal' people are unique in the animal kingdom - the pinacle of creation - because they have entirely trancended biology while autistics are closer to chimps and monkeys.

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Oh, crap! 'Periodic Table of Swearing -The Undead Thread' surpassed 300,000 messages while I wasn't looking! 48 messages ago (well, 49 messages ago, now). :banana-dance:

Guestus Aurelius

Just a quick follow-up:

Nobody would deny the importance of environment. Nobody thinks that, say, Garry Kasparov would be a great chess player if he hadn't learned the game or worked so hard at getting better at it. But there are people who think that you or I would be just as good at chess as he is if our entire lives had been environmentally identical to his. And there are people who think that Picasso's success can be reduced entirely to his being in the right place at the right time, and that anyone put in his environmental shoes would have walked the same path. It's all culture, they say.

I doubt that PZ would take things that far, but I think he skirts pretty close to that territory sometimes.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I think people are inadvisably taking PZ's words at face value when the guy is a longstanding bullshitter.

I don't know where his stupidity ends and his dishonesty begins, but I know better than to think he believes every stupid thing that comes out of his mouth, just some of it.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Aneris wrote:
Not to mention demonstrably wrong.

Plus, wasn't he one of the people touting the Iberian studies that supposedly show that trans* brains are similar to the transitioned-to, instead of the transitioned-from?
Haven't followed that discussion but it's a fact I also learned from Robert Sapolsky, who is generally awesome and appears to do his homework. Someone helpfully cut out the segment, but I can only urge everyone (yet again) to see the entire lecture.

[youtube]Erexuu8PTo8[/youtube]

Standford University, Robert Sapolsky: Human Behaviour Biology (PLAYLIST)

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Sunder wrote:I think people are inadvisably taking PZ's words at face value when the guy is a longstanding bullshitter.

I don't know where his stupidity ends and his dishonesty begins, but I know better than to think he believes every stupid thing that comes out of his mouth, just some of it.
I think he's been conditioned by his blog and horde that he can say any dumbass thing and it will be uncritically accepted, as long as it avoids feels of trans and other marginal(ized) people. Direct logical contadiction of science fact? There is no way he can be forced to defend it in his castle of stupid. Block, ban and belittle those that point it out.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

...how the d sneaked in there, I don't know.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

You all are slyme for shaming me!
And you're jealous, as well as liars.
If you learned Bayes, then you would know:
you get posteriors from priors.
:clap:

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

John D. said:
and to think... I was just starting to feel sorry for you.....
Well, that's as may be, but it's really your thoughts and ideas that make me sneer, not you.

Or, to be more accurate, it is the thought processes and vicious propoganda mixed with the concomitant lifestyles created and dredged up by your American ruling class trying their best bestest to inculcate fear and loathing in the general populace and thereby make that general populace so, so easily controlled that really makes me sneer. With all due respect you seem, in my opinion, all too comfortable chasing that particular carrot.

But I'll still respect you in the morning.

John D

Post by John D »

John Greg wrote:John D. said:
and to think... I was just starting to feel sorry for you.....
Well, that's as may be, but it's really your thoughts and ideas that make me sneer, not you.

Or, to be more accurate, it is the thought processes and vicious propoganda mixed with the concomitant lifestyles created and dredged up by your American ruling class trying their best bestest to inculcate fear and loathing in the general populace and thereby make that general populace so, so easily controlled that really makes me sneer. With all due respect you seem, in my opinion, all too comfortable chasing that particular carrot.

But I'll still respect you in the morning.
Cool.... God save the Queen and all that...

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Aneris wrote:The Milo thread archived:

Even a stopped PZ is right twice a day, or so it seems from skimming. :burn:

#comeatmeslymepit

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

One thing the baboons are always good for, and which will be regrettably lost at FtB's inevitable demise, is how they have a tendency to let their imaginations override reality. Here's 'Zibble', expressing s/h/it's concern about sexbots on Peez's Milo wank pizza post:
I find it really funny that these idiots think having a sex bot will make them happier. It won’t...

...I can tell you with certainty, they’ll fuck their robots in every possible way for the first few weeks, and then that realization with start to creep up on them. Their sex will grow increasingly sadistic, putting the robot through increasingly abusive sexual acts as an effigy for all women, but the joy in that will fade as well, as robots can’t feel pain or humiliation. The MRA will take this frustration out on her, slowly destroying and dismantling the machine in acts of psychotic dehumanizing violence, actually taking the machine apart piece by piece, but all of it just reminding him that this is not a real person – you didn’t reassert your masculinity over a woman, you just bought one online, you pathetic schmuck.
Yes, 'Zibble' can tell this with certainty, despite the fact that sexbots haven't actually been invented yet. In fact, the post is filled with nothing but imaginative speculation, and yet 'Zibble' manages to work xirself into quite the frenzy about it.

It's almost as if 'Zibble' were indulging in a fantasy, or something.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

'Zibble', again - sorry, but this shit is too funny.
Sexbots are just going to distract these creeps for a few months, maybe a year at best, and then they’ll be back out there, looking for women to trick into sleeping with them after months of fucking a severed robot’s head.
'Severed robot's head'. That's...that's curiously specific, 'Zibble'.
I’m really not in favor of sexbots, if that wasn’t apparent.
Oh you tease, you.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Peezus said:
Milo’s up to the same old sexist nonsense again — what a hack. His latest is a bit of contrived outrage about sexbots. He’s for ’em. He somehow thinks liberal SJW’s are going to suppress the technology, as if we care.
Yes, PZ, no-one wants to been sexbots ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34118482

Oh ...

It's good to see that PZ and his readers are showing how they don't care by, erm, writing a blog post about sexbots and posting dozens of comments.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Shocking transmisogyny in the PZ Milo thread. I'm surprised none of the remaining Horde, now TERF free, have picked up on it.
No, it’s not. That paragraph makes no sense. Male gametes have a higher frequency of novel mutations than female gametes, but it’s not because Nature is intentionally tinkering with men to keep women happier. It’s because males produce gametes profligately in a process that requires a series of cell divisions, and the reproductive machinery has a fixed error rate. More cell divisions yields a higher frequency of error. Females set aside a small number of gametes early in development, suppress cell divisions, and produce ova with fewer deviations from the initial genetics.
"MALE gametes"? What in the fuck does that mean? What makes a gamete male? How can you tell if you don't ask the gamete?

"Males" produce gametes profligately? Excuse me, but this is obvious transerasure.

How does he define "male" and "female"? Why won't the Horde ask the TERF to clear this up?
But, ladies and gentlemen, you may have noticed that you all had a mother and a father. Women are produced by the same fusion of ‘experimental’ sperm and conservative ova as men. Nature is tinkering with all sexes equally, if you need to anthropomorphize it.
Whoa. Everyone had a "mother" and a "father?" What about people who had two fathers, but still emerged from their father's vagina?

This TERF bullshit pisses me off.

And here's further evidence the Horde consists of incredibly healthy people.
cartomancer
18 September 2015 at 12:15 pm
I would have thought that introducing artificial intelligence to masturbation aids would be a backward step. One of the reasons I find masturbation vastly more enjoyable than trying to have sex with other people is the fantastic degree of social awkwardness that sex with people entails. On your own there’s no worrying about how the other person is doing, no fear that you might offend or disappoint or accidentally injure them, no wondering what they’re thinking, no sense of social anxiety, no fear that you might contract an STD. Taking steps to introduce that into masturbation is a horrible idea!

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tigzy wrote:One thing the baboons are always good for, and which will be regrettably lost at FtB's inevitable demise, is how they have a tendency to let their imaginations override reality. Here's 'Zibble', expressing s/h/it's concern about sexbots on Peez's Milo wank pizza post:
I find it really funny that these idiots think having a sex bot will make them happier. It won’t...

...I can tell you with certainty, they’ll fuck their robots in every possible way for the first few weeks, and then that realization with start to creep up on them. Their sex will grow increasingly sadistic, putting the robot through increasingly abusive sexual acts as an effigy for all women, but the joy in that will fade as well, as robots can’t feel pain or humiliation. The MRA will take this frustration out on her, slowly destroying and dismantling the machine in acts of psychotic dehumanizing violence, actually taking the machine apart piece by piece, but all of it just reminding him that this is not a real person – you didn’t reassert your masculinity over a woman, you just bought one online, you pathetic schmuck.
Yes, 'Zibble' can tell this with certainty, despite the fact that sexbots haven't actually been invented yet. In fact, the post is filled with nothing but imaginative speculation, and yet 'Zibble' manages to work xirself into quite the frenzy about it.

But it's totes OK to fuck a specially-carved-out My Little Pony toy.

Funny, none of the people who these morons demonize ever actually does this shit, or even thinks of doing things like this. It takes a true social justice warrior to come up with such pathological mentally fucked-up crap. I'm thinking that's some Bell & Howell-level projection going on there.

I find it hilarious that sick fucks like "Zibble" are pointing at people who aren't exactly like them and calling them evil, perverse, MRAs, etc.

It's always the finger pointers who are guilty of what they shriek about. Such is always the way with fundamentalist zealots. I fear for Zibble's sister's Madame Alexander doll collection.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Tigzy wrote:'Zibble', again - sorry, but this shit is too funny.
Sexbots are just going to distract these creeps for a few months, maybe a year at best, and then they’ll be back out there, looking for women to trick into sleeping with them after months of fucking a severed robot’s head.
Oh you tease, you.
Zibble? or Wibble?

[youtube]G2DCExerOsA[/youtube]

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Tigzy wrote:'Zibble', again - sorry, but this shit is too funny.
Oh you tease, you.
People opposed to sex robots are more likely to fuck a severed human head.

We know this because people have fucked human heads and nobody has fucked a robot head.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

In fairness, 'Zibble' is getting quite a bit of pushback from Myers' 'Horde', to the point that even Caine is coming across as the voice of sanity by comparison.

Though I admit I'm waiting for her to recount how she found solace with a Numatic Henry vacuum cleaner after suffering the trauma of seeing a cishet white male drop litter by her teepee.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Jesus Christ, TigZ. they're really fucking demented oin tha thread, aren;t they. And their iodeas about normal sex? Peeuew!

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

John D said:
Cool.... God save the Queen and all that...
Mind you, our lovely Prime Minister is madly George Bushing his way into the hearts and minds (?) of Republicans everywhere, so my mileage might vary.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Tigzy wrote:One thing the baboons are always good for, and which will be regrettably lost at FtB's inevitable demise, is how they have a tendency to let their imaginations override reality. Here's 'Zibble', expressing s/h/it's concern about sexbots on Peez's Milo wank pizza post:

It's the same shit that theists pull when they talk about how they'd act if there was no God and thus no God-given moral code. They're too dense to realize it no matter how obvious it is.

These people are legitimately terrifying.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Tigzy wrote:In fairness, 'Zibble' is getting quite a bit of pushback from Myers' 'Horde', to the point that even Caine is coming across as the voice of sanity by comparison.

Though I admit I'm waiting for her to recount how she found solace with a Numatic Henry vacuum cleaner after suffering the trauma of seeing a cishet white male drop litter by her teepee.
http://www.maxisale.com.au/images/D/BAD ... 0EDGAR.jpg

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

CuntajusRationality wrote:The (Final?) Cost of Ben Radford’s Libel Bullying: About $5K
http://skepchick.org/2015/09/the-final- ... -about-5k/
Rebecca Watson wrote:Though Radford may still change his mind again and decide to sue me, I’ve closed the fundraiser and collected the funds. The total funds raised were $9,606. After 3% + $0.30 per transaction payment processing fees totaling $356.58, the final sum was $9,249.42.
Rebecca Watson wrote:My lawyer has sent me what we both hope will be his final bill for this matter, assuming that Radford doesn’t move forward on his initial threats.

The bill totaled $4,984.22.

It came with a very helpful itemized list showing every minute my lawyer worked on this case, which amounted to quite a few hours of work. And remember: this is for a case that never went to court, and hasn’t actually resulted in a filing (yet). Also, I’ll say that my lawyer was very, very kind when it came to the final tally of hours worked.

A large part of that cost was due to the initial vagueness of Radford’s threat, and our repeated attempts to gain any kind of understanding of what exactly he felt was libelous and what actions he wanted me to take. There were several letters sent to Radford’s attorneys and even an in-person meeting, none of which resulted in any satisfying answers, which is the point at which I went public.

Another detail to note is that to hire my lawyer, I needed to come up with a retainer of several thousand dollars. I couldn’t go public at that point, so I needed to use credit cards to do it and hope that I could come up with the money later (which I did, thanks to many of you who donated).

Again, I’m detailing all this publicly so that you truly understand the enormous cost of protecting speech and that you bear it in mind the next time you hear someone make threats to sue for defamation.

After deducting the cost of my legal fees, I’ll be left with $4,265.20 from the fundraiser. I’ll have to pay taxes on the full $9,249.42 that I collected, which I estimate to be $2,312.36 for federal and $739.95 for state, so $3,052.31 total. Yikes.

Still, that leaves a total of $1,212.89 that I’ll have leftover to donate as soon as I get a solid indication that Radford has left me alone for good. As I mentioned previously, all leftover money will go to either anyone else Radford has threatened or the EFF. I’ll post an update once I’m able to do that.
Ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... She got so over-billed it's not even funny. Or as the joke goes:
A lawyer died and was met by St. Peter at the pearly gates.
“There must be some mistake,” the lawyer complained.
“Why is that?” asked St. Peter.
“Because I’m only forty-two years old!” exclaimed the lawyer.
“Oh? According to your billed hours, you are eighty-seven!
Anyway, you get a letter like that, a simple and short letter back requesting Radford specify the offending pieces and why they are libelous is all that is needed. If you hear nothing, you move on. If you get something back that isn't a specific answer you write a second letter that says "hey, clearly you didn't read the first letter, try again." You tell them that until they are specific in their charges, there is nothing to discuss and you consider the matter closed.

You don't need to meet. You don't need to ping-pong responses. You don't need $4,300 worth of bullshit.