Old subthreads
Scented Nectar

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Scented Nectar »

welch wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote: Why's it gotta be herpes. Why not hispes
At the end of the day they are yourpies
If you have unprotected sex with a midget, you may catch: Twerpies.
If you get jiggy in a walk-in freezer, you might have: Slurpees.
If sex gives you gas, you could have: Burpies.
Being kind of stupid post-sex means you have probably caught: Derpies.
If you have unprotected (but PZ approved!) bestial sex with a bird, you may catch Chirpies.
If you have unprotected sex with a dictator while overthrowing their regime, you may catch Usurpies.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Parody Accountant wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Really? wrote: Hey! You're being polyphobic. If Carrier fucks your wife and gives her an STI and then your wife gives that STI to you, well, you should have thought about that before you thought you were in a mutually monogamous relationship, asshole.

Everyone has herpes anyway.
Why's it gotta be herpes. Why not hispes

Xirpes, you exclusionist transpricks.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

CuntajusRationality wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:Smashed surlies? Any identifiable surly chunks?
http://i.imgur.com/K75iM2A.jpg

..Whereas this poor little creature is afflicted with derpes.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

jugheadnaut wrote:[youtube]UsdwTo1Xk80[/youtube]

It's true. She not only copied the language from the arguments themselves, but even the intro and segues. Also, she cowardly removed that video without apology or comment. She's gone beyond just mailing it in, which I thought was the worst you could accuse of her before. Her one saving grace these last few months is that she hasn't gone SJW.
Kind of a hack job on her part. What, she does 5-7 youtube videos a month. And most of them are opinion pieces. Opinion pieces are a fairly low bar to start with. I don't watch her material so I really don't care.

But she has a good voice, good presentation skills, people find her aesthetically pleasing. She actually could have a future beyond what she is doing right now, if she doesn't crap it up. She either needs to either come up with her own material, or she needs to figure out how to ethically source material she wants to represent. Hell, that is the job of a newscaster is to present the work of other people.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

I see PA got there first....

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

If you shag a brony do you get Herpiderpyhooves?
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/mlp ... 0131033149

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Cnutella wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:Smashed surlies? Any identifiable surly chunks?
http://i.imgur.com/K75iM2A.jpg

..Whereas this poor little creature is afflicted with derpes.
Finally, someone concurs. It only took a year :D

http://imgur.com/OFrfvSH.jpg

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

JackSkeptic wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Actually, Becky wrote the article:
https://archive.is/VsRgg
Which she got from another source. That does not mean it is not true but I do not trust Myers or Watson one little bit as they both have a long history of lying. I don't like Glen but my opinion of her is irrelevant.
It looks like she really did plagiarize, but conceptually (via rewording the sentences) rather than using his exact words.

The funny thing is the coincidence of Scott Clifton's twitter being @cliftonsnotes (sp?) while it looks like Jaclyn took her own version of Cliff's Notes (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CliffsNotes) of his video for rewording later in her video. Except for "June." That one sounded like she just read her own note and was unable to fit it into a newly reworded sentence.

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

I've never drawn a picture of a rhino and I'm not going to start now.

On a related note, a week or so ago was appaently International Rhino Day - a thing that I didn't even know existed. This turned out to be unsurprising since it was an utter failure with not a single rhino visible anywhere around here the whole day.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Steersman wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Actually, Becky wrote the article:
https://archive.is/VsRgg
Send out the Batsignal to Brive!
Watson wrote:Previously, I revealed that atheist, anti-feminist vlogger Jaclyn Glenn has to plagiarize YouTube comments in order to string a simple thought together. I then went back to blissfully forgetting that Glenn exists, but she apparently has continued making videos for people with extremely low standards.
Ms. Pot, meet Ms. Kettle ....
Technically I guess you could say it's not strictly plagiarism since she rewrote the script in her own words but it's fair to say she has copied the ideas and structure from that other video.
It's definitely plagiarism. Paraphrase that's too close to the original (AKA patchwork paraphrase) is still considered plagiarism even if you cite the source—and I'm guessing Glenn didn't h/t the original video.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
CuntajusRationality wrote: http://i.imgur.com/K75iM2A.jpg
No it isn't.
It's Cecil the Lion.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Cunt of Personality wrote:I've never drawn a picture of a rhino and I'm not going to start now.

On a related note, a week or so ago was appaently International Rhino Day - a thing that I didn't even know existed. This turned out to be unsurprising since it was an utter failure with not a single rhino visible anywhere around here the whole day.
Oh shit! I've got to start reading these international day things properly. I thought it was the start of the Rhino hunting season and went out and bagged myself a couple for the pot.
My birthday is international Talk like a Pirate Day, due to a misreading I spent the day trying to look like I was recovering my landlegs. I think people just assumed my Elyse impression was improving.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Brive1987 wrote:
:lol: :clap:

(You vicious bar steward)

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Billie from Ockham wrote:I realize (now) that it's a give-away when I quote PZ Myers, but this bit (in bold) is just too good:
PZ Myers wrote:There are limits to what we should tolerate on campus, though. For example, in the case of Condoleeza Rice being disinvited from the University of Minnesota campus a few years ago, I approved. I thought it was great that students were campaigning actively to stop her, because they were exercising their right to free speech, too.
Has that been a consistent position of his ... that campaigning to shut someone up counts as free speech? It seems a tad Orwellian to me.
I noticed that too, but surely PZ can't have forgotten "power" here. Some groups have more power to get their free speech to shut people up.

Islamists, feminists, SJWs have an incredible amount of power when it comes to shutting down free speech, and engage in a lot of "punching down", i.e. targeting an Iranian woman forced to flee her country, and who faces a daily hate mob of Islamists and far-left Islamist-enablers.

BTW, if you want to shut down PZ's free speech, simply shout "tentacles" at him whenever he opens his gob. Apparently, he quickly moves his hands towards his crotch, gasps loudly, and runs off to the changing rooms/toilet!!!

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Brive1987 wrote:
Watson posed naked and still doesn't have the traffic that Glenn has.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:https://archive.is/9VDCl

PZ is accusing Jaclyn Glenn of plagiarism.
PZ says:
You already know what FtB would do if one of our bloggers were pulling that kind of lazy stunt.
Yes, we do know what you'd do if another blogger on your network were outed as a plagiarist: first you'd confidently and blindly defend him against the charges, attacking those who uncovered the plagiarism (Slymepitters) and anyone with the temerity to even acknowledge their detective work, and then finally when you find yourself with no other option you'd begrudgingly do something about it.

That's what you meant, right, PZ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a terrible memory PZ has. He was also slow off the mark the criticise Werleman for his plagiarism, and much worse follow-ups in trying and lie and smear his way out of it.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

John D

Post by John D »

dog puke wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Rebecca is sad she never had an abortion.

http://imgur.com/K0Ysfez.png
Rebecca is an abortion.
What kind of person tweets this? Is she proud she had unprotected sex and needed a chemically induced termination? Does it make her cool that she took a pill to terminate her possible pregnancy with alcohol? I just think she is a awful person. And she is "sad" that she can't participate... really...are you sad, or are you jealous that you aren't more of a victim?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

I have seen the future and it is Derpism.

Behold, the Mother...

http://i.imgur.com/0pLuCr6.jpg

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

John D wrote:
dog puke wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Rebecca is sad she never had an abortion.

http://imgur.com/K0Ysfez.png
Rebecca is an abortion.
What kind of person tweets this? Is she proud she had unprotected sex and needed a chemically induced termination? Does it make her cool that she took a pill to terminate her possible pregnancy with alcohol? I just think she is a awful person. And she is "sad" that she can't participate... really...are you sad, or are you jealous that you aren't more of a victim?
The sort of person happy to imagine a baby is getting loogies horked on its head. Same day, different tweet:

http://imgur.com/2FvG8LH.png

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

deLurch wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Watson posed naked and still doesn't have the traffic that Glenn has.
I would pay to avoid a naked Watson pic.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

As much as I dislike Becky and Peezus, its not surprising to me that Jacklyn Glenn is getting accused of plagiarism. I've never watched one of her videos and felt I came away with a novel perspective on anything. Her channel seems to be set up for people who want to hear comfortable arguments that they already believe echoed by a pretty face.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Picasso in his Derpism period.

http://i.imgur.com/dBjAXKM.jpg

SM12

Post by SM12 »

Old_ones wrote:As much as I dislike Becky and Peezus, its not surprising to me that Jacklyn Glenn is getting accused of plagiarism. I've never watched one of her videos and felt I came away with a novel perspective on anything. Her channel seems to be set up for people who want to hear comfortable arguments that they already believe echoed by a pretty face.
' hear comfortable arguments that they already believe echoed by a pretty face'?

That'll do me!

With the best will in the world, I find PZ unreadable these days.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

SM12 wrote:
Old_ones wrote:As much as I dislike Becky and Peezus, its not surprising to me that Jacklyn Glenn is getting accused of plagiarism. I've never watched one of her videos and felt I came away with a novel perspective on anything. Her channel seems to be set up for people who want to hear comfortable arguments that they already believe echoed by a pretty face.
' hear comfortable arguments that they already believe echoed by a pretty face'?

That'll do me!

PZ is catering to a different crowd, who want to hear their favorite feminist arguments echoed by a lawn gnome.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Am I the only one who noticed what The World's Least Convincing Transwoman actually said in s/h/it's tammy strop tweet?
Excuse me, sir. If you would like to not be blocked, I am going to ask you to talk down to me on technical issues.
Read it and laugh, cunts.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Lsuoma wrote:Am I the only one who noticed what The World's Least Convincing Transwoman actually said in s/h/it's tammy strop tweet?

Excuse me, sir. If you would like to not be blocked, I am going to ask you to rub Sriracha on my rump and whale on it with a stout bamboo cane.
Wow. I did read it differently.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Old_ones wrote:
SM12 wrote:

That'll do me!

PZ is catering to a different crowd, who want to hear their favorite feminist arguments echoed by a lawn gnome.
As someone who has watched too much Phineas and Ferb with his kids, I now want to see someone yelling, "Bewegen Sie nicht!" at PZ.

For those not familiar with the show: [youtube]X4a3hfb9x_8[/youtube]

dogen

Post by dogen »

Lsuoma wrote:Am I the only one who noticed what The World's Least Convincing Transwoman actually said in s/h/it's tammy strop tweet?
Excuse me, sir. If you would like to not be blocked, I am going to ask you to talk down to me on technical issues.
Not only that, but it's a bit presumptive for Wu to assign a gender based only on a twitter photo.

John D

Post by John D »

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

I am not sure if this a defense or a further insult to Amy Roth's artistic skills, but that second thing near the snout is not supposed to be an eye, but rather a budding horn.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

it was mentioned at the time, nearly a year ago:)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Ape+lust wrote: For all his smarts, Peez really is just an infatuated simpleton.
I think Peez' jab at surgeons applies to himself -- in college he was good at memorizing things. Beyond that, he's pretty much an easily-confused, illogical, shit-for-brains.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:
Søren Lilholt wrote:
No it isn't.
It's Cecil the Lion.
Oops, this one. Supposed to be its phallic little horn bud, not an eye, or so I believe. You just have to look at a lot of art from five-year old kids to be able to interpret these things.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I am not sure if this a defense or a further insult to Amy Roth's artistic skills, but that second thing near the snout is not supposed to be an eye, but rather a budding horn.
Terrible artist is terrible.

RonSwanson

Post by RonSwanson »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I am not sure if this a defense or a further insult to Amy Roth's artistic skills, but that second thing near the snout is not supposed to be an eye, but rather a budding horn.
Pretty sure everyone is aware of that. It's just that her failed attempt at drawing a horn makes the horn look like an eye. So, "further insult" is the correct answer. :lol:

BTW, I can't draw for shit so I can't really be pointing fingers. On the other hand I'm not peddling my art to gullible people.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
RonSwanson wrote:In any event Warwick SU already capitulated and are allowing Namazie to speak. The public pressure worked. Good.

http://www.warwicksu.com/news/article/w ... l-Speaker/

PZ arrived on his horse late to the battle. So brave! :burn:
"Make me a horseman and maybe I'll be on time."

- P Z Myers
A horse, a horse -- my Alexa ranking for a horse!

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

It's missing something. The suit is blacknot

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
I am not sure if this a defense or a further insult to Amy Roth's artistic skills, but that second thing near the snout is not supposed to be an eye, but rather a budding horn.
Oh my god. This changes everything

Now she is a good artist.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote:
I can't imagine being more blessed than having friends who like to talk to my kids about uncomfortable subjects when I'm not around.

That's not at all creepy.
Anyone know where to find a babysitter like that? :bjarte:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

If her intent was to render the horn on her drawing, she unfortunately stylized it to look just like an eye. It will always be mistaken for an eye.

As a cartoonish sort of drawing, an eye in that spot doesn't look terribly out of place. It makes the critter look like a Groening character. But, we found the source photo not long after the ceramic, so it's been a Pit joke ever since :D

http://i.imgur.com/ziEhm5Y.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:
That one's not a smashed Surly. It's a Surly made while Amy was smashed. She must have been as blotto as Elyse. That ceramic piece is an insult to the photographer whose photo she used to base her drawing on.

http://www.takepart.com/article/2013/03 ... o-poaching :
http://www.takepart.com/sites/default/f ... k=Fmb4iZIg

Amy poached traced the image.
FTFY

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote:They identified water on Mars.
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/mar ... M.facebook
Interesting article. Thanks for the heads-up John.

I'm still fascinated by the Europa project although the discovery of liquid water on Mars is equally intriguing.

[youtube]GqTaDCt_F1Y[/youtube]

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

It's not water, but it IS water based.
I believe the upcoming Matt Damon film 'The Martian' is based on autobiographical details of our own Richard Carrier.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
I can't imagine being more blessed than having friends who like to talk to my kids about uncomfortable subjects when I'm not around.

That's not at all creepy.
Anyone know where to find a babysitter like that? :bjarte:
Sure... I'm always happy to help: http://www.ogvorbischildservices.com/

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Ape+lust wrote: For all his smarts, Peez really is just an infatuated simpleton.
I think Peez' jab at surgeons applies to himself -- in college he was good at memorizing things. Beyond that, he's pretty much an easily-confused, illogical, shit-for-brains.
Peez is really just spoiling for a fight with anyone anymore. Never met a med student who impressed him? Even if it's true, he needed to say it?

http://imgur.com/4YDmEgF.png

Of course, everyone who sees that is thinking, "Then why the fuck are you so impressed with Rebecca Watson?"

I'm not as bright as Peez, but it looks to me the middle tweet below is the opposite of what he's trying to argue. He's saying willful ignorance is excusable, but genuine stupidity is not?

http://imgur.com/F17hhZW.png

John D

Post by John D »

jimthepleb wrote:
It's not water, but it IS water based.
I believe the upcoming Matt Damon film 'The Martian' is based on autobiographical details of our own Richard Carrier.
It is salt water.... which is a bit like the ocean. The salt content is different than that of Earth oceans, but the ocean is made of salt dissolved in water. That is what they identified. Mars has a type of salt water on the surface at certain times of the year. This could support exiting life and also be used as a source of fuel, fresh water, and oxygen for explorers.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Ape + Lust = :clap: :clap: :clap:

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Parody Accountant wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:[img]snip[/img]

[img]snip
Oh my god. This changes everything

Now she is a good artist.
Peer review will do that to your work.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

http://imgur.com/glxXDIu.jpg

These early colonial settlers were followers of the Prophet Isiah.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

free thoughtpolice wrote:https://archive.is/9VDCl

PZ is accusing Jaclyn Glenn of plagiarism.
PZ got it from Rebecca Watson, who wrote:
Previously, I revealed that atheist, anti-feminist vlogger Jaclyn Glenn has to plagiarize YouTube comments in order to string a simple thought together. I then went back to blissfully forgetting that Glenn exists, but she apparently has continued making videos for people with extremely low standards. Last week on Twitter, someone let me know that she had once again been caught plagiarizing, but in this case it was an entire YouTube video from another atheist vlogger.
At the risk of becoming to Jaclyn Glenn's Capt Picard, let me point out two things about the above.

First, the idea of Rebecca Watson criticizing anyone else for "making videos for people with extremely low standards" evoked an actual laugh out loud.

Second (and proving that I learned nothing from yesterday's experiment), what is the simple interpretation of "previously, I revealed that atheist, anti-feminist vlogger Jaclyn Glenn has to plagiarize"? Does it seem to suggest that the writer [Rebecca Watson] did the work of detecting the plagiarism? If so, you have been misled, as Ms Watson did none of the work. She copied it from Ophelia Benson who, in turn, copied it from someone else.

If one reason that plagiarism is bad is that it deprives the person who did the work of the deserved credit, then I would say that Ms Watson is also plagiarizing when she takes implied credit for detecting the plagiarism of Jaclyn Glenn.

As to the plagiarism of Jaclyn Glenn: it doesn't surprise me one bit. Unlike the other Atheist Babes (tm), by which I mean Shoe and Cris Rad, I have never seen an original thought in any Jaclyn Glenn video. Oh, and she has the least-attractive body, as well.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

dog puke wrote:Ape + Lust = :clap: :clap: :clap:

Haha! Thanks :D

Derpism. It IS the future. Join or it'll eat you after it's eaten Google and the UN.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

John D. are you suggesting that it might not be Carrier spunk? Evidence or floosh!

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Billie from Ockham wrote: First, the idea of Rebecca Watson criticizing anyone else for "making videos for people with extremely low standards" evoked an actual laugh out loud.
"Oh, uh, HEY PATREONS, I know, I know, I said I'd post a new video every Wednesday, and it's actually Friday but... uh... you know how it goes. Yeah. So I've dyed my hair but I did a half-assed job on that as well, so it's pink, I guess? Anyway, I think it works. So... updates? Quizotron is in the works. I should update the web site one of these days, I guess? My cat has been eating my plants. That's cats for you! Sooo.. legal costs are expensive. I might post the bill so you can see how much they are, but I probably won't. That's it for this week!"

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Kirbmarc wrote:
If your painting is suppose to be something concrete but you have to explicitly tell others what your painting represents you're either younger than 5 or you suck.
Given all the interest in plagiarism these days, it would be easier for her to just post a link to the picture she copied:
http://www.takepart.com/sites/default/f ... yRhino.jpg

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

"Copied" is a very generous description.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Ape+lust wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Peez is really just spoiling for a fight with anyone anymore. Never met a med student who impressed him? Even if it's true, he needed to say it?

http://imgur.com/4YDmEgF.png

Of course, everyone who sees that is thinking, "Then why the fuck are you so impressed with Rebecca Watson?"
He might not want to badmouth neurosurgeons; he might need them at one point and they seem to have a peculiar sense of homour.

http://i.imgur.com/YMnNxMc.png?1

What a charming personality that man has.