Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
welch

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by welch »

deLurch wrote:
rayshul wrote:I have a theory that SJWs get traction in nerd activities because nerds don't know shit about girls. UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, AND THE GIRLS RUIN EVERYTHING.
Perhaps. They are used to people being more straight forward.

So if someone goes up to them and says "Hey, you are being a jerk." They will step back and re-exam themselves. If someone says "You are being horribly insensitive, you need to do X, Y & Z." They will give that careful consideration and give it a try out.

It will never dawn on them early on that someone is just pulling this as a dominance power play. For reasons that are quite frankly still a mystery to me.

It will take a few to several examples before they identify the person as full of shit. It will take a few to several examples from other people before they recognize that many different people may be pulling the same shit.

It will take a lot more before they just flat ignore or call bullshit on them.

I think many of you are still thinking of "nerds" as not having evolved from bad 1980s movies (and a few awesome ones). The reality of "nerd culture" (vomit-inducing phrase that one is) is that because of the massive amounts of money flowing through the tech industry, nerds are no longer the oppressed class. They're at the top. Travis Kalalnik, Mark Zuckerberg, etc. They are the ones calling the shots. It's not ex-jocks that everyone blindly follows anymore, it's nerds, and nerds, unfortunately, are in fact, human beings and just as astoundingly shitty as all the other ones are. These days, they're quite aware of how much power they have and use that to treat non-nerds like shit on a rather astounding scale. "Revenge as social justice" fits them as well as it does certain strains of feminist.

Telling nerds they're full of shit does not get you a response of stepping back and self-examination in any greater proportion than it does with a member of any other group.

There are a lot, a lot of problems in the tech industry in terms of how they treat their people. Much of that is enabled by manipulating the shit out of kids convinced of their own genius into literally donating labor to multi-billion-dollar BIGCORP$ and then throwing them away by the time they reach their late 20s.

The first thing to do: apply some skepticism to how nerds are viewed.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

SJWwatchdog wrote:Btw, folks, I got this warning from Lsuoma after posting about the blonde woman at the smash party, who everyone else is identifying

I didn't see the post before it was edited by Skeppers, but it looks like you mentioned someone by real-life name when it really wasn't appropriate. This is THE major Pit no-no.

I appreciate the rules, and want to stay within the rules. Yet, everyone else is identifying the blonde chick from San Francisco who's kinda hot but obviously kinda crazy. Yet I was redacted and chided and warned that I might get banned.

As a newcomer, that's a bit fucking insane.

I suppose I'll just keep speaking in descriptions while you old timers feel free to name names.
http://m.quickmeme.com/img/22/22f185916 ... 34b25d.jpg

franc

Post by franc »

Apparently, this was a thing on github a few years ago, predicting Sarah Sharp -

http://i.imgur.com/SAm9xlM.jpg

welch

Post by welch »

rayshul wrote:I admit, after I read about Ada crashing and burning (top kek) I googled Valerie Aurora, the ex-feminist-in-chief.

First article on her blog is about online dating.

http://blog.valerieaurora.org/

I don't want to slut shame or nothin' but I expected more tech.

One of the later articles on the front page is about starting a "feminist backchannel".
I know a lot of women who are actual software engineers. Worked at places like IBM, Microsoft, etc. The best way to get them to grind their teeth is to have one of those "Women in Tech" things wherein it's all bloggers and professional conference speakers.

They don't get listened to much, because when they talk about issues in tech, they tend to do so with gobs of actual data, and they don't have a lot of time for nonsense. As one said about Codes of Conduct. "They don't have to suck. One that just says "you're a fucking grownup, act like one and don't be an asshole" would be really awesome. But they are a good thing to have when someone's being a jerk, especially nerds, because now you have a reason you can point at to get them to stop being a jerk."

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Parody Accountant wrote: Dawkins uses the term 'consciousness raising'
screwtape wrote:I think it was used by the counter culture before the feminists adopted it, and Dawkins would have met it during his post-doc in California. It was the 'tune in' part of Timothy Leary's triadic advice.
Feminist consciousness-raising consisted of specific strategies, such as gathering a group of non-feminist housewives-- then asking them to list unpaid tasks such as child-care and dishwashing/ then tallying-up how much they should be paid by their husbands/ for the "jobs" they do "free" as Pediatric Nurse + Restauranteur + Interior Decorator, etc. Women who refused to become duly indignant at their supposed oppression, were accused of "false consciousness"

Betty Friedan's 1963 book "The Feminine Mystique" described "the problem with no name" (1950's suburban housewives being unhappy with their comfy lives). Friedan portrayed herself as just a simple housewife, but had a past as a Marxist, going back to Smith College in the 1930's. http://www.ifeminists.net/introduction/ ... berts.html
http://www.theatlantic.com/past/docs/is ... riedan.htm

wikipedia:
Consciousness raising groups were formed by New York Radical Women, an early Women's Liberation group in New York City, and quickly spread throughout the United States. In November 1967, a group including Shulamith Firestone, Anne Koedt, Kathie Sarachild (originally Kathie Amatniek), and Carol Hanisch began meeting in Koedt's apartment. Meetings often involved "going around the room and talking" about issues in their own lives. The phrase "consciousness raising" was coined to describe the process when Kathie Sarachild took up the phrase from Anne Forer:

"In the Old Left, they used to say that the workers don't know they're oppressed, so we have to raise their consciousness. One night at a meeting I said, 'Would everybody please give me an example from their own life on how they experienced oppression as a woman? I need to hear it to raise my own consciousness.' Kathie was sitting behind me and the words rang in her mind. From then on she sort of made it an institution and called it consciousness-raising."
— Anne Forer[4]

On Thanksgiving 1968, Kathie Sarachild presented A Program for Feminist Consciousness Raising, at the First National Women's Liberation Conference near Chicago, Illinois, in which she explained the principles behind consciousness-raising and outlined a program for the process that the New York groups had developed over the past year. Groups founded by former members of New York Radical Women — in particular Redstockings, founded out of the breakup of the NYRW in 1969, and New York Radical Feminists — promoted consciousness raising and distributed mimeographed sheets of suggesting topics for consciousness raising group meetings. New York Radical Feminists organized neighborhood-based c.r. groups in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens, involving as many as four hundred women in c.r. groups at its peak.[5] Over the next few years, small-group consciousness raising spread rapidly in cities and suburbs throughout the United States. By 1971, the Chicago Women's Liberation Union, which had already organized several consciousness raising groups in Chicago, described small consciousness raising groups as "the backbone of the Women's Liberation Movement".[6] Susan Brownmiller, a member of the West Village[a] would later write that small-group consciousness raising "was the movement's most successful form of female bonding, and the source of most of its creative thinking. Some of the small groups stayed together for more than a decade".[7]
"In 1973, probably the height of CR, 100,000 women in the United States belonged to CR groups."[8]

Early mid-century feminists argued that women were isolated from each other, and as a result many problems in women's lives were misunderstood as "personal," or as the results of conflicts between the personalities of individual men and women, rather than systematic forms of oppression. Raising consciousness meant helping oneself and helping others to become politically conscious. Consciousness raising groups aimed to get a better understanding of women's oppression by bringing women together to discuss and analyze their lives, without interference from the presence of men.[citation needed]

While explaining the theory behind consciousness raising in a 1973 talk, Kathie Sarachild remarked that "From the beginning of consciousness-raising ... there has been no one method of raising consciousness. What really counts in consciousness-raising are not methods, but results. The only 'methods' of consciousness raising are essentially principles. They are the basic radical political principles of going to the original sources, both historic and personal, going to people—women themselves, and going to experience for theory and strategy".[9] However, most consciousness raising groups did follow a similar pattern for meeting and....

In The God Delusion, anti-religion activist Richard Dawkins uses the term "consciousness raising" for several other things, explicitly describing these as analogous to the feminist case...

More: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscious ... g#Feminism

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

deLurch wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:"Enthusiastic consent" as opposed to "Consent". The noose draws ever tighter. Anyway, anybody who has Elyse as a 'friend' does not have the ability to give 'consent' let alone 'enthusiastic consent' because you are crazier than Elyse is.

And is 'consent' defined before the bunghole event or the next day when the idiot has sobered up?

Sorry, cannot parse rad-feminism which is indistinguishable from Elyse-femisnism. It is all a shit-hole mess.
Hypothetical:
Scence, mid orgy. Elyse is behind her friend Woman XX who is on all fours, with her boyfriend BY.
Elyse: "Do you want it baby? Do you really want it? Do you want it hard?"
Woman XX: "Oh, hell yeah. Stick it in."
{Shove}
Woman XX: "Ahhhh!!! What the hell!!! You shoved it up my ass!!!!! You shoved it it my ass!!!"
:lol:

Yeah, that would do it. Especially if someone was relieved of their anal virginity that way.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Ape+lust wrote:
deLurch wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:"Enthusiastic consent" as opposed to "Consent". The noose draws ever tighter. Anyway, anybody who has Elyse as a 'friend' does not have the ability to give 'consent' let alone 'enthusiastic consent' because you are crazier than Elyse is.

And is 'consent' defined before the bunghole event or the next day when the idiot has sobered up?

Sorry, cannot parse rad-feminism which is indistinguishable from Elyse-femisnism. It is all a shit-hole mess.
Hypothetical:
Scence, mid orgy. Elyse is behind her friend Woman XX who is on all fours, with her boyfriend BY.
Elyse: "Do you want it baby? Do you really want it? Do you want it hard?"
Woman XX: "Oh, hell yeah. Stick it in."
{Shove}
Woman XX: "Ahhhh!!! What the hell!!! You shoved it up my ass!!!!! You shoved it it my ass!!!"
:lol:
Yeah, that would do it. Especially if someone was relieved of their anal virginity that way.
I left out the part where Elyse gets punched in the face afterwards because she guided the dick into the ass, and then told the woman she was totally asking for it, and not to be such a prude.

RonSwanson

Post by RonSwanson »

For a second I thought it was Sasha.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

welch wrote:
deLurch wrote:
rayshul wrote:I have a theory that SJWs get traction in nerd activities because nerds don't know shit about girls. UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, AND THE GIRLS RUIN EVERYTHING.
Perhaps. They are used to people being more straight forward.

So if someone goes up to them and says "Hey, you are being a jerk." They will step back and re-exam themselves. If someone says "You are being horribly insensitive, you need to do X, Y & Z." They will give that careful consideration and give it a try out.

It will never dawn on them early on that someone is just pulling this as a dominance power play. For reasons that are quite frankly still a mystery to me.

It will take a few to several examples before they identify the person as full of shit. It will take a few to several examples from other people before they recognize that many different people may be pulling the same shit.

"The meek will inherit the earth" fuck me the bible was right.

I think many of you are still thinking of "nerds" as not having evolved from bad 1980s movies (and a few awesome ones). The reality of "nerd culture" (vomit-inducing phrase that one is) is that because of the massive amounts of money flowing through the tech industry, nerds are no longer the oppressed class. They're at the top. Travis Kalalnik, Mark Zuckerberg, etc. They are the ones calling the shots. It's not ex-jocks that everyone blindly follows anymore, it's nerds, and nerds, unfortunately, are in fact, human beings and just as astoundingly shitty as all the other ones are. These days, they're quite aware of how much power they have and use that to treat non-nerds like shit on a rather astounding scale. "Revenge as social justice" fits them as well as it does certain strains of feminist.

Telling nerds they're full of shit does not get you a response of stepping back and self-examination in any greater proportion than it does with a member of any other group.

There are a lot, a lot of problems in the tech industry in terms of how they treat their people. Much of that is enabled by manipulating the shit out of kids convinced of their own genius into literally donating labor to multi-billion-dollar BIGCORP$ and then throwing them away by the time they reach their late 20s.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

DaveDodo007 wrote:
welch wrote:
deLurch wrote: Perhaps. They are used to people being more straight forward.

Well I fucked that up, lets try again.

"The meek will inherit the earth" fuck me the bible was right.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

http://i.imgur.com/jnehSEq.png

How many of the people who 'Liked' Jobsis's public-service announcement... are aware she wasn't merely voicing a vague platitude, but was weighing-in on a specific, breaking-news Rape Accusation?

I see it as a microcosm of Feminism, that a sentiment which is reasonable-at-a-cursory-glance... gathers momentum from those who don't really know what they're endorsing.

Sasha Pixlee Liked the post. S/h/it knew.

Karen Stollznow is a Liker too, does she know?

John D

Post by John D »

Don't know if anyone posted this gem yet. 4Chan trolls invented the idea of pissing yourself in support of rape victims. Looks like it worked and fems proudly soaked themselves and posted the pics on the interblogs. haha...

http://www.infowars.com/pissforequality ... hemselves/

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Ape+lust wrote:Okay, now I know. She was the happy face the ADA Initiative used all over their site.

http://imgur.com/Qac7aG9.jpg

She's definitely an ADA borg. Now that Linux is rid of her, they should forget her.
Hemant Mehta never worked at ADA. gtfo

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

SJWwatchdog wrote:Btw, folks, I got this warning from Lsuoma after posting about the blonde woman at the smash party, who everyone else is identifying

I didn't see the post before it was edited by Skeppers, but it looks like you mentioned someone by real-life name when it really wasn't appropriate. This is THE major Pit no-no.

I appreciate the rules, and want to stay within the rules. Yet, everyone else is identifying the blonde chick from San Francisco who's kinda hot but obviously kinda crazy. Yet I was redacted and chided and warned that I might get banned.

I suppose I'll just keep speaking in descriptions while you old timers feel free to name names.
Nah. You're not flying till you melt a wing or two.

I found it helps to do something creative with the moderator hate mail.

http://i.imgur.com/5t5XwLN.jpg

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Aneris wrote:

I posted a comment on this topic: Even if Richard Dawkins Converted, He’d Deserve Praise for His Impact on Science and Atheism
Hemant Mehta wrote:Jeffrey Tayler, writing at Salon (of all places), praises Richard Dawkins for his contributions to science and atheism. No matter what you think of his Twitter comments, Tayler says, it doesn’t take away from the impact Dawkins has had ...

None of that is to say Dawkins doesn’t deserve to be criticized for his bad ideas. He absolutely should be. But Tayler has a point. Dawkins could convert to Christianity tomorrow and it wouldn’t take away from the fact that The Selfish Gene changed the way we think about evolution and The God Delusion is arguably the most popular book ever written about atheism. [...]
I disagree with the narrative that Richard Dawkins' tweets are necessarily “problematic”. I'm rather tame there, because in reality, atheists who glance over PZ Myers and Rebecca Watson (and co) for years, but rather get their hackles up from “thinking out loud” tweets have their moral compass point south.
Most of the trouble that comes out of Dawkins' tweets is when things he's said are taken out of context. Either they're part of a back-and-forth discussion with somebody else who doesn't have as many followers as he does, or they're part of a longer argument he's making that takes more than one tweet to explain. But then, taking things out of context and creating drama out of it is a feature, not a bug, of Twitter, and Dawkins should probably know better than to play in that particular shithole.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

rayshul wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:
"Enthusiastic consent" as opposed to "Consent". The noose draws ever tighter. Anyway, anybody who has Elyse as a 'friend' does not have the ability to give 'consent' let alone 'enthusiastic consent' because you are crazier than Elyse is.

Is that a passive aggressive tweet from the friend? Good grief.

How enthusiastic does the consent have to be, anyway? I don't quite understand this shit when it has an adjective in front of it. Are there degrees of consent? I kinda felt there was a yes and a no. Not a low-yes to a high-yes. Or a super-yes.

...and I'm going to stop there because I don't fucking understand these people and I never fucking will.
Yep. Consent is binary. Some things are, no matter what SJWs say.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

John D wrote:Don't know if anyone posted this gem yet. 4Chan trolls invented the idea of pissing yourself in support of rape victims. Looks like it worked and fems proudly soaked themselves and posted the pics on the interblogs. haha...

I wonder if E***e is the patron taint of 4chan.

Parody Accountant

Service Dog wrote:
I independently confirm this.
deLurch wrote: It will never dawn on them early on that someone is just pulling this as a dominance power play....It will take a lot more before they just flat ignore or call bullshit on them.
Likewise.
There are exceptions that seem to be resistant. Church groups have skate parks, rock bands, jewelry, dating sites, etc. You can be nerdy about jesus and not find this shit.

What about Ron Paul fans / Libertarians / Young Republicans. Pretty nerdy if you ask me.

Sports nerds can point to chris klowneshoe the NFL guy, but nerdy dudes playing fantasy football with office pals (often both genders) are still basically just doing table top RPG's with beer and fat dudes touching each other on the butt without consent. Hut Hut Touch The Butt.

What about 'Crossfit' nerds? It's all they talk about. I'm pretty sure I'd hear of a SJW war brewing. I think the mirrors everywhere keep the SJW's out.

Coin, baseball card, autograph, memorabilia, and a million other types of collectors remain untested - but possibly that indicates some resistance too.

All the good stuff is infested with SJW, I'll concede that. But why are there examples of sterile environments? What can we learn from them?

Parody Accountant

Service Dog wrote:
I independently confirm this.
deLurch wrote: It will never dawn on them early on that someone is just pulling this as a dominance power play....It will take a lot more before they just flat ignore or call bullshit on them.
Likewise.
There are exceptions that seem to be resistant. Church groups have skate parks, rock bands, jewelry, dating sites, etc. You can be nerdy about jesus and not find this shit.

What about Ron Paul fans / Libertarians / Young Republicans. Pretty nerdy if you ask me.

Sports nerds can point to chris klowneshoe the NFL guy, but nerdy dudes playing fantasy football with office pals (often both genders) are still basically just doing table top RPG's with beer and fat dudes touching each other on the butt without consent. Hut Hut Touch The Butt.

What about 'Crossfit' nerds? It's all they talk about. I'm pretty sure I'd hear of a SJW war brewing. I think the mirrors everywhere keep the SJW's out.

Coin, baseball card, autograph, memorabilia, and a million other types of collectors remain untested - but possibly that indicates some resistance too.

All the good stuff is infested with SJW, I'll concede that. But why are there examples of sterile environments? What can we learn from them?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

welch wrote:
Sunder wrote:
Or rather than being enclaves of male entitlement, nerd cultures are actually very open and inviting precisely because the people running them know how shitty it can feel to be excluded from something. So they're not able to take action against troublemakers until they've already walked in, knocked over the tables, and shit on the carpet.
the concept that nerds are magically open and inviting makes me giggle mightily. It's a myth. Nerds, as a group are no better or worse than any other, and they are completely, regularly, and constantly capable of the same in/out group tribalism that every other group is able to fall victim to.

They may be more prone to it because they've convinced themselves they're immune to it.
This. Not to mention that being bullied isn't usually a learning experience. On the contrary, it's something that can easily make you dream about ill-conceived plans of "revenge". You can use your experiences to learn some empathy and be more accepting, but that takes work. It's not automatic.

Nerds aren't more empathetic than others. Bullied people aren't more empathetic than others. Victims of violence aren't more moral than others. In the comic book Maus the son of a Holocaust survivor is shocked to see that his father harbors racist prejudices against blacks. The son's therapist (another Holocaust survivor) explains that pain isn't a way to learn things, and that the Holocaust wasn't a road to personal improvement.

And if that's true for the frigging Holocaust, why shouldn't it be true for bullying?

Being a victim of anything doesn't magically make you better than others or immune from biases, prejudices, unethical behavior, etc. Victims need justice and support but do not need to be told that their suffering made them better.

Suffering doesn't make anyone better. What makes you better is being willing to accept that you're not perfect and that you need to face your problems and deal with them. This also means that you have to accept your past and eventually move on. Other people should help you to move on, not to identify as a "victim" for the rest of your life.

Nerds don't have to think that they're special because they were bullied. They should think that they can become better by moving on and growing up, just like anyone else.

Incidentally this is also one of the reasons why I dislike SJW ideology: it teaches people that they're better than others because they've been oppressed, and therefore that they can do whatever they want because they're "punching up". This robs people who have been hurt from the possibility of moving on, on using their pain to fuel their growth. Instead they're told that they're helpless victims always in need of a savior and that they can't do anything about it.

The result is a culture of professional victim-hood, of Oppression Olympics, of justifying every unethical behavior through the ideology of perpetual and unilateral oppression.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Consent can be a mysterious thing.

http://i.imgur.com/gU6DIHD.jpg

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Having spent a lifetime playing tabletop games, TCGs, and MMOs, I can say this: Groups that are too insular and don't welcome new blood tend to die out.

And no, I never said that nerds are incapable of being tribal. I've seen game stores go under because they catered to the wrong sort of clientelle who were dicks to new people and scared them off.

Whether it be programming or videogames, nerd culture can't thrive without being inclusive because you NEED other people to work or play with. It's not "magic," as Welch mistakenly called it (and I only saw this because it was quoted), it's basic incentives.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

welch wrote:
Sunder wrote:
Or rather than being enclaves of male entitlement, nerd cultures are actually very open and inviting precisely because the people running them know how shitty it can feel to be excluded from something. So they're not able to take action against troublemakers until they've already walked in, knocked over the tables, and shit on the carpet.
the concept that nerds are magically open and inviting makes me giggle mightily. It's a myth. Nerds, as a group are no better or worse than any other, and they are completely, regularly, and constantly capable of the same in/out group tribalism that every other group is able to fall victim to.

They may be more prone to it because they've convinced themselves they're immune to it.
Nerds are people who, if they aren't actually on the autistic spectrum, don't need a taxi ride to get there. They aren't good at reading people who aren't straightforward, and they tend to be straightforward themselves. Yes, some of them are assholes, but they're usually straightforward assholes, not devious ones.

And yeah, words like "nerd" and "geek" have lost the sting they once had with the rise of technology and the wider popularity of nerd fiction. But that's recent. Nerds are mostly people who, as children, were either bullied or loners, and that can have effects that last long after you've grown up and made a success of yourself (if you do - some nerds do very well for themselves in tech or elsewhere, others don't). Some nerds try too hard to please, others retreat into their safe spaces and are hostile to outsiders.

And yes, that implies SJWs are nerds. They are. They are people who are smart in some ways but can't figure out people, who feel marginalised and struggle to fit in, and so create their own communities of people like them where they do fit in. Just like comic book nerds and their obsession with keeping continuity straight, just like literalist Christians who think the Bible contains all the answers, SJWs are people looking for something simple, a set of rules, a key, that allows them to make sense of a complicated universe, that doesn't confuse them with nuance or ambiguity, and they find it in the categories and hierarchies of identity politics.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sunder wrote:
SJWs get a lot of traction in nerd activities because SJW ideology is something that nerds can relate to their social role.

Someone who has been bullied because of their interests is likely to be fascinated by an ideology that teaches them how to become accepted, in some way. SJW ideology gives many people a role. "Being a good ally" might be hard, even incredibly hard, but it's better for some people that being a complete outcast. At least you belong somewhere.

There's also the issue that someone who feels like they have no control over their lives or their emotional reactions is likely to be attracted by an ideology that teaches that certain people have no control over their lives or their emotional reactions because they're being "oppressed".

Structural racism or sexism exist, but the SJWs overestimate them to the point that they leave no room for the personal responsibility of the "oppressed classes". Women, "PoCs", LGBTs, they're all completely powerless and need the Mighty Warriors to save them and the Mighty Allies to act as human shields. There's also the whole issue of "false consciousness" and "consciousness raising" which enables SJWs to act like prats to the people they were supposed to fight for because they know better than those brainwashed by the Patriarchy.

Not to mention the White Knight principle, illustrated by this picture:

http://iameduard.com/wp-content/uploads ... ight-3.jpg

These ideas are much more common among nerds that among the rest of the population. People with better social skills know that "being nice to someone" and "defending someone" isn't a magical key to that person's underpants.

Parody Accountant

You guys today I was on the phone with my BFF, 922 operator. I'm out of food and pills, and my financial backer had a strange stick up her ass so there goes my money. Luckily the guys came by and put me in the ambulance. Then the paramedics stopped listening to me after buckling my neck in. It was like skepchick 1 and 2 all over again. Fine, I'll just call another ambulance. Costume change while I wait! I'm doing everything right.

Wait until you see my kids' turn to ride the selfie ambulance! My little sandinistas know not to use their real names at the hospital, or at the hospital food court (they are going to use each other's names to throw off the patriarchy).

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

There is not one rule for you and one for everyone else. Doxing is one of the very few things that will get you banned here and some bad actors (Damion and some others) try and deliberately push it or entrap others hoping to cause problems. So people can be on a hair trigger about it and err on the safe side to the point of being wrong. I would suggest NOT letting it drop unless you get an explanation that makes sense. Perhaps ask in PM.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:
Really? wrote: I was born with two penises and a vagina. No testes, but four ovaries. Melby hasn't done shit for me.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Well, I am a Prix St. George competitor trapped in the saddle of a team roper ... I'm trans*dressage.
All well and good, but have you actually found mean words on the internet that Melby can read on your behalf to protect you from dying in a horrible, violent way from, errrm...from reading bad words on the internet?

No? Then put some fucking effort in, Melby is busy reading nasty words on the slymepit, she can't do it all for you.
Melby seems to be the kind who presents as strong and empowered, but would not hesitate to play damsel in distress when convenient.

A Peach Melby, if you will.

Sorry, I'll get me coat...
A big attraction to being an SJW is you can claim to be a victim simply by accident of birth and use that to attack others. The reason why second wave feminists loathe SJW's is the regression to the maiden in distress trope which is the complete opposite to what was fought for. That's also why I consider so called Progressives to be Regressives.

The fact Melby may be strong and empowered is irrelevant to the SJW mindset. Being SJW gives her even more power over others as her turgid little activities are not challenged without abuse being thrown back be her and the white knights.

Parody Accountant

Brive1987 wrote:Consent can be a mysterious thing.

http://i.imgur.com/gU6DIHD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/F2nljzV.jpg

This might explain why ana jobsis withdrew consent from the butt stuff that elyse raped her with. Think about the ruined blankets. The 'free bleeding' didn't line up with her cycle. That. Was. Butt. Blood.

You can see how if you attended an orgy and somebody came back smeared in feces and tried to fuck you... that might be offputting.

My mom told me girls pick their noses in korea.

Parody Accountant

Let me walk that back a bit. I understand nose picking (and booger eating) in North Korea. I apologize for being insensitive.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

1 Review

Elyse checked in right on time. She spit on the security guard at the loading ramp and kicked the intake assessment resident. The Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner gave her a personal tour of the ER, but she smashed the rape kit. Gathering allies on an ambulance rooftop, they were pretty loud and drunk throughout the night. When they left, they left a bunch of condoms in the rooms as well as ruining a couple of blankets and staining them pretty bad. Period or buttrapeblood? Beside that they left the pharmaceutical lock-up bare. Her husband checked in a day late.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

RonSwanson wrote:
For a second I thought it was Sasha.
Maybe it is, and Honeybanders is still stuck inside him. Hence the ambulance.

There ya go - your lovely thought for the day.

'I'd berry my dick so far into your ass, Sasha, who ever could pull it out would be crowned King Arthur.'

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

DaveDodo007 wrote:fuck me
You say that now, but the next morning you will be totally like "Whaaa... you stuck it up my ass."
But me and Elyse know you enthusiastically consented.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Despite the heartbreaking sorrow I feel for honeybanders, that it is fucking funny.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

It's still totally uncool to be smart and try hard in school though. Exactly when do these nerds learn to be self entitled little shitbags? Then they go off to college where they get no action and still get called rapey scum or "nice guys".

Parody Accountant

Oh My FUCK.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistent_cloaca

No wonder elyse is always confused. She has a vaganus.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

JackSkeptic wrote:

There is not one rule for you and one for everyone else. Doxing is one of the very few things that will get you banned here and some bad actors (Damion and some others) try and deliberately push it or entrap others hoping to cause problems. So people can be on a hair trigger about it and err on the safe side to the point of being wrong. I would suggest NOT letting it drop unless you get an explanation that makes sense. Perhaps ask in PM.
I did the redaction then (a little later) PM'd mods & FT with the phrase I'd redacted. Lsuoma sent the warning, soon after I'd redacted.

1) There's judgment involved, not everyone will agree on where to draw lines (or even whether to draw lines), FT rules the place but as y'all have seen this stuff can be discussed, hashed, processed in thread

2) SJWwatchdog's post appeared to newly reveal the ID of someone who'd participated in Elyse's smash party, including in sex, in the following format, without source for xir claim. This is the part I removed:
Firstname Lastname, who works in X industry in Y geographical area
The next time the person's name appeared here with reference to Elyse's party was a screenshot of an apparently publicly-visible post by Elyse (which as it turns out was just the first of several posts by Elyse & others who were there). In which case they're the ones initiating the info release about who was there (or at least some of the people). And that person has also posted about having been there.

Your post would have appeared less doxifying if you'd included something like, "Elyse is saying that [so and so] was at the party [insert link or screenshot]" or "[So and so] was at Elyse's party [insert link or screenshot]". Rather than you being the first (at least here), w/o source, to do so.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

rayshul wrote:News just in - Black women can't do maths.

Well, if it was a social justice warrior headline.

I like Milo's headline myself.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... mere-5000/
The boy certainly knows how to create a stir.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Seems Honeybanders was carted off in an ambulance because he was suffering from an inflamed pancreas.

Can't for the life of me imagine what brought that on. Tis a mystery, for sure. Yup.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Oooo - look who's been summonsed to court for using social media to relay a 'racially motivated malicious communication'.

http://news.met.police.uk/news/woman-su ... e=sendgrid

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

FWIW I hope the kids are in good hands, maybe w/ the grandparents.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Tigzy wrote: 'I'd berry my dick so far into your ass, Sasha, who ever could pull it out would be crowned King Arthur.'
http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1386920655l/478167.jpg

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Actually, that's far too cheery-looking.

Parody Accountant

We all know which Arthur is more likely to pull something out of Elyse

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2011/04 ... 00-c85.jpg

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Tigzy wrote:Oooo - look who's been summonsed to court for using social media to relay a 'racially motivated malicious communication'.

Beautiful. Reality is all we have to do is wait, they will screw everything up all on their own eventually.

In case folks have forgotten the lovely Xir Mustafa - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 77562.html

Really?

Post by Really? »

HunnyBunny wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Oooo - look who's been summonsed to court for using social media to relay a 'racially motivated malicious communication'.

Beautiful. Reality is all we have to do is wait, they will screw everything up all on their own eventually.

In case folks have forgotten the lovely Xir Mustafa - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 77562.html
But that's the point. Their shtick is inherently racist and sexist. They say "kill all white men," "White people not allowed," "Minorities can't be racist." As we all know, SJWs rail against racist when they are, in fact, insanely racist.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Service Dog wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote: Dawkins uses the term 'consciousness raising'
screwtape wrote:I think it was used by the counter culture before the feminists adopted it, and Dawkins would have met it during his post-doc in California. It was the 'tune in' part of Timothy Leary's triadic advice.
Feminist consciousness-raising consisted of specific strategies, such as gathering a group of non-feminist housewives-- then asking them to list unpaid tasks such as child-care and dishwashing/ then tallying-up how much they should be paid by their husbands/ for the "jobs" they do "free" as Pediatric Nurse + Restauranteur + Interior Decorator, etc. Women who refused to become duly indignant at their supposed oppression, were accused of "false consciousness"
Except they'd do it all for themselves anyway. So as an accountant, I would only look at the marginal costs associated with the husband's food & utility costs. And those are surprisingly low.

Betty Friedan's 1963 book "The Feminine Mystique" described "the problem with no name" (1950's suburban housewives being unhappy with their comfy lives). Friedan portrayed herself as just a simple housewife, but had a past as a Marxist, going back to Smith College in the 1930's. http://www.ifeminists.net/introduction/ ... berts.html
http://www.theatlantic.com/past/docs/is ... riedan.htm

wikipedia:
Consciousness raising groups were formed by New York Radical Women, an early Women's Liberation group in New York City, and quickly spread throughout the United States. In November 1967, a group including Shulamith Firestone, Anne Koedt, Kathie Sarachild (originally Kathie Amatniek), and Carol Hanisch began meeting in Koedt's apartment. Meetings often involved "going around the room and talking" about issues in their own lives. The phrase "consciousness raising" was coined to describe the process when Kathie Sarachild took up the phrase from Anne Forer:

"In the Old Left, they used to say that the workers don't know they're oppressed, so we have to raise their consciousness. One night at a meeting I said, 'Would everybody please give me an example from their own life on how they experienced oppression as a woman? I need to hear it to raise my own consciousness.' Kathie was sitting behind me and the words rang in her mind. From then on she sort of made it an institution and called it consciousness-raising."
— Anne Forer[4]

On Thanksgiving 1968, Kathie Sarachild presented A Program for Feminist Consciousness Raising, at the First National Women's Liberation Conference near Chicago, Illinois, in which she explained the principles behind consciousness-raising and outlined a program for the process that the New York groups had developed over the past year. Groups founded by former members of New York Radical Women — in particular Redstockings, founded out of the breakup of the NYRW in 1969, and New York Radical Feminists — promoted consciousness raising and distributed mimeographed sheets of suggesting topics for consciousness raising group meetings. New York Radical Feminists organized neighborhood-based c.r. groups in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens, involving as many as four hundred women in c.r. groups at its peak.[5] Over the next few years, small-group consciousness raising spread rapidly in cities and suburbs throughout the United States. By 1971, the Chicago Women's Liberation Union, which had already organized several consciousness raising groups in Chicago, described small consciousness raising groups as "the backbone of the Women's Liberation Movement".[6] Susan Brownmiller, a member of the West Village[a] would later write that small-group consciousness raising "was the movement's most successful form of female bonding, and the source of most of its creative thinking. Some of the small groups stayed together for more than a decade".[7]
"In 1973, probably the height of CR, 100,000 women in the United States belonged to CR groups."[8]

Early mid-century feminists argued that women were isolated from each other, and as a result many problems in women's lives were misunderstood as "personal," or as the results of conflicts between the personalities of individual men and women, rather than systematic forms of oppression. Raising consciousness meant helping oneself and helping others to become politically conscious. Consciousness raising groups aimed to get a better understanding of women's oppression by bringing women together to discuss and analyze their lives, without interference from the presence of men.[citation needed]

While explaining the theory behind consciousness raising in a 1973 talk, Kathie Sarachild remarked that "From the beginning of consciousness-raising ... there has been no one method of raising consciousness. What really counts in consciousness-raising are not methods, but results. The only 'methods' of consciousness raising are essentially principles. They are the basic radical political principles of going to the original sources, both historic and personal, going to people—women themselves, and going to experience for theory and strategy".[9] However, most consciousness raising groups did follow a similar pattern for meeting and....

In The God Delusion, anti-religion activist Richard Dawkins uses the term "consciousness raising" for several other things, explicitly describing these as analogous to the feminist case...

More: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscious ... g#Feminism
What really counted was making a mountain out of a molehill and radicalizing women to hate their lives. Ironically, women are now more unhappy Back in the 1970s women were, as a population, significantly happier than men. Now men, despite all the shit we have to deal with (decline in real wages, a constant culture war against men, the incredibly biased legal system against men) are now relatively happier than women.

And it's not that men have become happier. Men are also less happy. BUT, the happiness of women has declined much faster than the happiness of men. Because the relatively shittiness of a man's life is being, more and more, shared by women. And, as a population, they don't fucking like it so much!

Parody Accountant

I just saw Carruthers on my milk carton.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Tigzy wrote:Seems Honeybanders was carted off in an ambulance because he was suffering from an inflamed pancreas.

Can't for the life of me imagine what brought that on. Tis a mystery, for sure. Yup.
WTF is with all the ambulances? Is a panic attack or sore pancreas really something that requires an ambulance? You can't have someone fucking drive you to the hospital? Jesus these fucking people are basket cases. I'd hate to be bleeding out on the streets of Chicago because of a dearth of ambulances because Honeybanders has a sore tummy. Jesus fuck.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Parody Accountant wrote:I just saw Carruthers on my milk carton.
I think he's almost done with his next post. Just a few more days...

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

NoGodsEver wrote:You can't have someone fucking drive you to the hospital?
Would you get in a car with one of Elyse's friends behind the wheel?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

HunnyBunny wrote:

It's quite remarkable that Bahar's 28, though, ain't it. I mean, she's nearly 30, so maybe it's about time she grew the fuck up a bit and stopped hanging around the university all the time. At this rate, I can see her ending up like Bunny La Roche, that blue-haired old granny who's always heckling Nigel Farage. Apparently, Bunny is a dyed-in-the-wool socialist, though I'm sure that's should be obvious considering she sports such a working class name as 'Bunny La Rouche'. In any case, I think Bunny should stop dyeing her hair blue now, as at her age it's not really a sign of youthful trustafarianism. Quite the opposite, in fact.
http://i.imgur.com/RCKXO08.jpg
Bunny La Rouche, once again making it quite clear that she thinks Nigel Farage is a most ghastly little oik.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Sunder wrote:
NoGodsEver wrote:You can't have someone fucking drive you to the hospital?
Would you get in a car with one of Elyse's friends behind the wheel?
Touche`.

Parody Accountant

seriously all he had to say about it was "my turn" and took an ambulance selfie (his first time doing this VERY strange behavior).

Parody Accountant

The last time somebody near Elyse said "my turn" it was rape.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Skep tickle wrote: ...a screenshot of an apparently publicly-visible post by Elyse....
This is a good moment for me to clear something up: I can only see what Elyse posts Public. I'm not her fb friend.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

KiwiInOz wrote:
John D wrote:Don't know if anyone posted this gem yet. 4Chan trolls invented the idea of pissing yourself in support of rape victims. Looks like it worked and fems proudly soaked themselves and posted the pics on the interblogs. haha...

I wonder if E***e is the patron taint of 4chan.
Well the article claims that 4chan pushed the freebleeding concept from a handful of quacks to broader internet culture. Don't make me break out the latest picture of her blood splattered panties.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Parody Accountant wrote:There are exceptions that seem to be resistant. Church groups have skate parks, rock bands, jewelry, dating sites, etc. You can be nerdy about jesus and not find this shit.

How about this:

SJW infections tend to target communities that have a significant online presence & distributed population.

John D

Post by John D »

Tribble wrote: And it's not that men have become happier. Men are also less happy. BUT, the happiness of women has declined much faster than the happiness of men. Because the relatively shittiness of a man's life is being, more and more, shared by women. And, as a population, they don't fucking like it so much!
Indeed. I use this argument with all the feminists in my life. I say "While I agree that men and women are essentially equal, feminism has made women less happy. And... the feminist solution to this is 'More Feminism'? It make no sense."

The myth that persists is that all men where happy goons in mid-century and all women where unfulfilled chattel. It is a narrative that infects almost every woman I know (except my youngest daughter who has somehow escaped this). Even women I know who do not call themselves feminists share the view of history that men of the 1950 where all wife-beating brutes and women where helpless bruised slaves.

I am not saying everything was rosy by any means, and I think that feminism was inevitable. A high tech society has very little requirements for men to do most of the labor. Machines do the hard labor so men have no more job abilities than women. It was inevitable that women join the workforce and men take on more home duties.

But, feminists have decided that happiness is only found when society produces equal outcomes for men and women. This idea is common even with second wave feminists. They think that things are only just and fair if there are as many women engineers and men engineers..... as many women in congress as men in congress. What this assumption feeds is the current state of victimization. It is societies fault... and by extension, men's fault that women do not have equal outcomes. Good luck with that feminists..... see how many women you get to become mechanical engineers... haha..... I can't even get my own daughters to care about how the thermostat works!

Further, feminism has started to poison the idea that one of life's great joys is a family life. This has been the bedrock of Western civilization since the ancient Greeks wrote about Ithaca. Feminism's logical conclusion is that men and women should have the same role in family life. Sorry.... but this is fundamentally incompatible with our evolved nature. We would be happier as a society and as individuals if we would embrace the traditions of duty, honor, and sacrifice for family. Instead, there is a trend toward women raising kids on their own and fathers abandoning their duty. It is fucked up in every way conceivable. I don't know how you get this genie back in the bottle, but I think it is the breakdown of the traditional family that has reduced happiness.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sunder wrote:
SJWs get a lot of traction in nerd activities because SJW ideology is something that nerds can relate to their social role. [...]
Maybe, but I think cause and effect are the other way around, at least initially. They emerge in these subcultures in the first place and aren't invaders as they are often portrayed. People in that subcultures seem to phase into a SJW mindset, and it might actually be more of a “hat”, a role, something you can put on, be a social justice warriors for a while, and then stash it away again.

Social Justice Warriors are essentially trolls. Some might do this because they want to taste power themselves. Maybe others, becoming a bully or troll might be a displacement strategy, to deal with the feeling of powerlessness and victimization they experience elsewhere, i.e. they are displacing their aggressions. This also fits that their rhetoric tends to be aggressive and violent. It's conceivable that social justice warriors tend to fall more into this category, as they appear (visibly) to be the underdog uncool kid, or a type of mainstream Emo.

Emos, image from Wikipedia.
http://i.imgur.com/FQNPVrH.jpg?1

This subculture easily shades into the mainstream, but to the “establishment” still gives a sense of teenage rebellion. And that's where I'd put Social Justice Warriors on the map. They don't make it far enough to punk, goth, hardcore etc (related but different subcultures), and they don't make it far enough to be “real” Emos (which suck anyway), so being a well-adjusted emo nerd is it, and this simply continues to university. Online, they easily go along with the feminist theory peers.

I always wondered why they don't do their own thing, like all these other subcultures, and why it seems they all really wanted to be accepted by the mainstream, by the “establishment” and for that like to change cultures so they are not only accepted, but vanguards and suddenly cool. And that's the thing, they are simply well-adjusted people at heart who really want to be liked and found cool.

Yet, another possible fraction of SJWs are probably exact carbon copies of standard old school trolls who do their thing for whatever reason. It should be therefore unsurprising that trolls and Social Justice Warriors tend to be very similar people, from the same pop-nerd-culture. And most of the time they are simply trolls, in the old fashioned sense: people who post provocative statements they know will elicit a response which can be milked. New is the the trolling with important topics, which adds a disguise and a shield to the troll. In that way, they can feed off a substrate of injustices that exist, while being a troll. The Emo kid version, and of course the feminist theorists probably take their ideas seriously enough, though. I suspect that most people who identifiy with this subculture will at least later on also identify with the idelogical framework. They may not truly believe it the details in the strict sense, but find appealing.

The trolls I actually like – the Erisian pranksters – are a different breed altogether. They are also trolls, due to formal and structural reasons, but they follow the communication guerilla blueprint, even if they have no idea about the “theory” behind it (which is, roughly, exposing codes by subverting them). Social justice Warriors are never of of that type.

When I read statements like “bring back bullying” by Sam Biddle, Gawker social justice warrior, then I think he was a one of these boring well-adjusted nerd kids, too. PZ Myers strikes me as one candidate as well. They are well-adjusted, have not a shred of rebellion in them, but now they found a step up! They can bully the other underdogs get a sense of being better. Nerddom gets cool, and they can smell the air above. Finally, they can look down on other people, who didn't have their “consciousness raised”.

Keep in mind that this is a story, or angle I believe plays some role, but it's not THE theory. I have proposed many different angles which play some role as well (maybe more so).