Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Keating

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Keating »

rayshul wrote:Ape+lust needs a raise.
I'm looking forward to the day he goes pro, and people ask him how he got his start…

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Keating wrote:
rayshul wrote:Ape+lust needs a raise.
I'm looking forward to the day he goes pro, and people ask him how he got his start…
Started down t'Pit.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

ffs wrote:Apparently not a joke
Wonder if they plan to talk about the good old days

http://archive.is/IdvHK

I thought she was detoxing from SJW stupidity?
Ape+Lust that's mean...funny but mean.

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

They forgot the hashtag #YourAsianSideKick

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

-Soylent f98

Peter Flanders

Post by Peter Flanders »

Good to see Becky Watson is monetising full-blown paranoia, this gives me hope that one day I too can play a useful role in society.

Lord Peezus' invention of a dungeon was a great piece of performance art. Certainly my 'nym in a former regeneration did everything it could do to escape. The fact that Prof. PZ Myers now has to hide the products of his imagination demonstrates that he is currently ashamed of his former self, but he lacks the wit or moral courage to re-invent himself. Cognitive dissonance will kick in soon enough, but the study of how a once great free speecher now has to self-censor to such a great extent has been very rewarding on my part.

At one point even I tried to no-platform Myers, but I soon realised that getting offended on another's behalf, in this case Nugent, was always a dodgy position. I recant my censorious position towards leading and celebrated controversialist Myers, and my regeneration as the notorious Peter Flanders is complete.

Now, excuse me very much, I have a highly disreputable persona to invent. Where was I? Pakis and nig nogs in Luton, growing up as a black man, ah yes, that sort of thing...

feathers

Post by feathers »

Ape+lust wrote:This is a job for...

Don't worry, Rebecca. When they run by, they'll draw off the evildoers.
omgomgomg
it mops the coffee off the desk or else it get ape+lust again

BTW where does the corps de ballet in tailcoat outfit come from?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Ape+lust wrote:
The FfTB Faktion would probably claim they can't smile about this. As humourless as they may be, I find that hard to believe.

franc

Post by franc »

I imagine Arthur Chu in a dog collar, covered in vaseline & having a mock castration with a black TG bodybuilder is not outrageous scenario

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

jimthepleb wrote:
ffs wrote:Apparently not a joke
Wonder if they plan to talk about the good old days

http://archive.is/IdvHK

I thought she was detoxing from SJW stupidity?
Ape+Lust that's mean...funny but mean.
I told that filthy Chuthat he better keep his hands to himself during this tour with my beloved...

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Peter Flanders wrote:Good to see Becky Watson is monetising full-blown paranoia, this gives me hope that one day I too can play a useful role in society.

Lord Peezus' invention of a dungeon was a great piece of performance art. Certainly my 'nym in a former regeneration did everything it could do to escape. The fact that Prof. PZ Myers now has to hide the products of his imagination demonstrates that he is currently ashamed of his former self, but he lacks the wit or moral courage to re-invent himself. Cognitive dissonance will kick in soon enough, but the study of how a once great free speecher now has to self-censor to such a great extent has been very rewarding on my part.

At one point even I tried to no-platform Myers, but I soon realised that getting offended on another's behalf, in this case Nugent, was always a dodgy position. I recant my censorious position towards leading and celebrated controversialist Myers, and my regeneration as the notorious Peter Flanders is complete.

Now, excuse me very much, I have a highly disreputable persona to invent. Where was I? Pakis and nig nogs in Luton, growing up as a black man, ah yes, that sort of thing...
I view PZ's deletion of the dungeon as one of his final steps toward going completely insane. It was always over the top - just like everything else Peezus says and does, but on the other hand, it was a record of what could get you banned and who had been banned at pharyngula. If you wanted to know exactly how ban happy Peezus was, or what his rational was for banning a particular poster was you could find that at the dungeon (not that Peez's epithets were that helpful, but you could usually track back to the thread it happened from the dungeon and read what happened for yourself).

These days Peez just disappears posts and bans people without acknowledging that he's doing it. In place of the dungeon he has the ministry of truth.

franc

Post by franc »

Old_ones wrote:These days Peez just disappears posts and bans people without acknowledging that he's doing it. In place of the dungeon he has the ministry of truth.
He's not the messiah. He's just a short fat prick.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The dungeon was a cute public gibbet when banning meant something. However once Peez went full metal with insta-ban plus attracted critics like shit does flies, well then it would be a heavy chore to keep up to date.

Not to mention an embarrassing (growing) testament to his thin skin.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Ape+lust wrote:
rayshul wrote:Okay so I have mentioned here before that I have a rule about not harrassing SJWs, so I don't visit their blogs, etc, or go to anything like that. I don't go to FtB, Skepchick or anywhere else because I understand they believe visiting a site is assault or stalking or some such dumb shit.

I have broken my vows and found this while searching for something else. http://www.morethanmen.org/
Yes, founded by Elyse and two heroes...

Gtfo. Lolol

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Old_ones wrote:
Peter Flanders wrote:Good to see Becky Watson is monetising full-blown paranoia, this gives me hope that one day I too can play a useful role in society.

I view PZ's deletion of the dungeon as one of his final steps toward going completely insane. It was always over the top - just like everything else Peezus says and does, but on the other hand, it was a record of what could get you banned and who had been banned at pharyngula. If you wanted to know exactly how ban happy Peezus was, or what his rational was for banning a particular poster was you could find that at the dungeon (not that Peez's epithets were that helpful, but you could usually track back to the thread it happened from the dungeon and read what happened for yourself).

These days Peez just disappears posts and bans people without acknowledging that he's doing it. In place of the dungeon he has the ministry of truth.
I would have to give Peez the benefit of the doubt on this one.

The dungeon had to go.

At a certain point, the sheer amount of banned posters starts to refect upon the banner and not so much on the banned.

While PZ may think that his pithy comments are witty or some such, his style is so bitter and off putting that anyone perusing the list can't help but realize what an obnoxious asshole PZ is.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Brive1987 wrote:The dungeon was a cute public gibbet when banning meant something. However once Peez went full metal with insta-ban plus attracted critics like shit does flies, well then it would be a heavy chore to keep up to date.

Not to mention an embarrassing (growing) testament to his thin skin.
:nin: Ninja'd :nin:

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Wasn't Francisco Bacopa the wanna-be Ophelia Benson enforcer, who wanted to spray butterflies in other people's driveways as a warning? He now seems miffed at FTB... in a completely unrelated article, he dropped this:

https://archive.is/3joFf
Francisco Bacopa, comment 17 wrote:It seems over at Lousy Canuks’s site they believe that all lesbians have to take transwoman dick because it’s special female dick. Dirty shameful lesbians are transphobic for not wanting dick. The nerve of them! Jason is a 100% lesbian corrective rape supporter, as long as it’s done by female-identifying ladydudes with their totally female dicks.

PZ almost seems to believe this rapey BS, though he reigns in “Crip Dyke” from time to time. I am not sure Crip Dyke is even a woman, trans-abled wheelchair fetishes are pretty common among autogynephilic fetishists.

And [redacted], FTB’s own Zinnia Jones, posts all kinds of pro-rape stuff on HIS twitter. Yep, I have both misgendered and deadnamed him. Yes, HIM. Let’s speak out now!

It may be time to bail like Brayton did and Benson was forced to.

Or maybe you are one of THEM, and truly believe that lesbians gotta fuck and suck trans-cock or else they are horribly prejudiced. That’s what Jason believes, and what PZ almost seems to believe.

As far as I can tell from what I read here on FTB the whole point of transgenderism is the corrective rape of lesbians. FTB is sooooo progressive. Non-compliant women need to be raped.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Brilliant, as always!

If only y could have made them fatter.... ESP. Pixly... Band era eyes are so close together he could wear a monocle.... I believe Becky booze was hawking those not long ago.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Aneris wrote:Wasn't Francisco Bacopa the wanna-be Ophelia Benson enforcer, who wanted to spray butterflies in other people's driveways as a warning? He now seems miffed at FTB... in a completely unrelated article, he dropped this:

https://archive.is/3joFf
Francisco Bacopa, comment 17 wrote:It seems over at Lousy Canuks’s site they believe that all lesbians have to take transwoman dick because it’s special female dick. Dirty shameful lesbians are transphobic for not wanting dick. The nerve of them! Jason is a 100% lesbian corrective rape supporter, as long as it’s done by female-identifying ladydudes with their totally female dicks.

PZ almost seems to believe this rapey BS, though he reigns in “Crip Dyke” from time to time. I am not sure Crip Dyke is even a woman, trans-abled wheelchair fetishes are pretty common among autogynephilic fetishists.

And [redacted], FTB’s own Zinnia Jones, posts all kinds of pro-rape stuff on HIS twitter. Yep, I have both misgendered and deadnamed him. Yes, HIM. Let’s speak out now!

It may be time to bail like Brayton did and Benson was forced to.

Or maybe you are one of THEM, and truly believe that lesbians gotta fuck and suck trans-cock or else they are horribly prejudiced. That’s what Jason believes, and what PZ almost seems to believe.

As far as I can tell from what I read here on FTB the whole point of transgenderism is the corrective rape of lesbians. FTB is sooooo progressive. Non-compliant women need to be raped.
While reading that rant you could almost hear Fransisco's head pop out of his/her/it's ass.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Spike13 wrote:I would have to give Peez the benefit of the doubt on this one.

The dungeon had to go.

At a certain point, the sheer amount of banned posters starts to refect upon the banner and not so much on the banned.
Oh. I thought the server was running out of disk space.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Enjoyed seeing Pizzy relating on how shocked he was when he realized the A/S movement was full of assholes( re: people who dared to disagree with him and were able to more than adequately defend their positions).

This reveals that either Pizzy:

A. Was wearing blinders as he made his way through the community blogging and meeting folks at cons. Basically admitting that his powers of perception really suck.

B. Is an unreasonable arrogant prick.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

feathers wrote:
Spike13 wrote:I would have to give Peez the benefit of the doubt on this one.

The dungeon had to go.

Oh. I thought the server was running out of disk space.

Lol! I defer to your much more reasonable explanation.

Given the ad revenue is spiraling down in flames, an entire server dedicated to listing most of the Internet as banned, is a cost PZ's sinking ship cannot afford.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Genius! It's funny because the way you've done Sasha & Honeybanders faces makes it look as if they really mean it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

'It's okay lady - we'll save yuh!'

acathode

Post by acathode »

Meanwhile in Sweden...

We are getting new banknotes. Guess who found something to whine about? Yes, feminists, of course...

Half of the faces on the bills are men, half of them are women. Sounds fair, right? NO OF COURSE NOT YOU MISOGYNISTS!

You see, the women got the 20kr bill, the 100kr bill, and the 500kr bill. The men got the 50kr bill, the 200kr bill, and the 1000kr bill. Now, some feminists who finished first grade math quickly realized how utterly misogynistic this was - the women were only worth 20+100+500=620kr, while the men were worth 50+200+1000=1250kr!

Was this a intentional quip from our Riksbank, implying that women were worth less than men, inquiring morons feminists on social media wondered - something that other morons journalists picked up on and started writing articles about?

Unfortunately, none of these morons feminists and journalists had finished their second grade math classes, so none of them realized that the 1000kr bill alone is worth more than all the other bills together... (ie. we could've had 9 women on the bills and they'd still only be worth 87% of a Dag Hammarsköld)
Spike13 wrote:The dungeon had to go.

Not just the amount, the nature of those banned as well - when it was mostly creationists and other similar nutcases that were listed in the dungeon, the names were something he could treat as notches in his belt. It was a sort of measuring stick for how successful he was at the whole "atheism vs. creationists" thing....

but as the number of atheist that were banned for simple "wrongthink" increased, and those atheists still hung around at other atheist places - and they there could legitimately point to PZ's dungeon and say to other atheists "Look at how many people PZ is banning just for disagreeing! We aren't bad or crazy people, you see that for yourself by talking to us here, and yet we are banned!" - the whole dungeon stopped being a bragging tool and instead became a liability, that other atheists used against PZ. So it eventually had to go...

acathode

Post by acathode »

My kingdom for a edit button: (ie. we could've had 9 women 5 women on the bills and they'd still only be worth 87% of a Dag Hammarsköld) - there

feathers

Post by feathers »

acathode wrote:You see, the women got the 20kr bill, the 100kr bill, and the 500kr bill. The men got the 50kr bill, the 200kr bill, and the 1000kr bill. Now, some feminists who finished first grade math quickly realized how utterly misogynistic this was - the women were only worth 20+100+500=620kr, while the men were worth 50+200+1000=1250kr!
So has someone calculated the total value represented by women vs. men, taking printing/circulation numbers into account?

Peter Flanders

Post by Peter Flanders »

It's the fact that the dungeon was deleted and never referred to which intrigues me. He could have taken the view it doesn't work so I'll just chuck it away (muck it, chuck it) but this doesn't ring true. Peezus invested a lot of his emotional energy on frowning upon people in the dungeon, now most of this has dipped below the radar, except when he catches the occasional sock-puppeteer. Other people learn from their mistakes. Having had such a prominent list, and being a professional educator, has it never occurred to him that he and others could learn from the reasons why it failed, if he had the moral courage to admit to being less than perfect? Personally I think he is now embarrassed by it. He's an incredible weakling if he thinks that by hiding things the consequences of doing them in the first place just go away. Alternatively he may have thought it was provoking things, but then he is just a coward for hiding it.

In my own case I was happy to see it go, I was free again, but I still won't rest until my name has been cleared and I get a Royal Pardon. I dropped him a line, offering to withdraw my troll army, if he were to extend me the courtesy, but I have heard nothing back. At least when I got abuse back from him for an e-mail I knew he had read it, now it is just the not knowing if I am being ignored which I hate.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Spike13 wrote:Enjoyed seeing Pizzy relating on how shocked he was when he realized the A/S movement was full of assholes( re: people who dared to disagree with him and were able to more than adequately defend their positions).

This reveals that either Pizzy:

A. Was wearing blinders as he made his way through the community blogging and meeting folks at cons. Basically admitting that his powers of perception really suck.

B. Is an unreasonable arrogant prick.
A and B are not mutually exclusive.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

acathode wrote:You see, the women got the 20kr bill, the 100kr bill, and the 500kr bill. The men got the 50kr bill, the 200kr bill, and the 1000kr bill. Now, some feminists who finished first grade math quickly realized how utterly misogynistic this was - the women were only worth 20+100+500=620kr, while the men were worth 50+200+1000=1250kr!
So if you have five 20kr ladybills and one 500kr ladybill,
and trade that for four 50kr manbills and two 200kr manbills,
one stack contains 6 women and 600kr, and the other stack
contains 6 men and 600kr, but there remains a 77% wage gap,
in microaggressions, according to stats originating in every
feminist's wage gape.

Peter Flanders

Post by Peter Flanders »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Jan Steen wrote:You would feel as if you had slept with Elyse Mofo.
A burning sensation while urinating?

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:You would feel as if you had slept with Elyse Mofo.
A burning sensation while urinating?
Desperately in need of a shower, fearing that this won't do the job, while expecting to be accused of rape any moment.

***Not even once***

acathode

Post by acathode »

feathers wrote:
So has someone calculated the total value represented by women vs. men, taking printing/circulation numbers into account?
When the morons journalists wrote their articles about this, the communication guy for Riksbanken they got hold off patiently explained that It's overwhelmingly in the women's favor, the 20, 100 and 500 kr are the most circulated of the bills.

For example the total value of the 500kr bills in circulation is 57 billion, compared to the 1000 bills, which total just 6 billion...

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Thank you Feathers, PA, Spike13, jimthepleb, Tigzy! I know I've been milking it, but ever since Tigzy suggested those 2 clots might have been the 922 rescue squad, I can't leave them alone.
feathers wrote:BTW where does the corps de ballet in tailcoat outfit come from?
That's a TV ad for Ellen Degeneres' night of hosting the Oscars. I was searching through car wrecks when, for reasons only Google knows, Ellen popped up.
Tigzy wrote:It's funny because the way you've done Sasha & Honeybanders faces makes it look as if they really mean it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

'It's okay lady - we'll save yuh!'
Haha, I see the same thing, but I didn't do it! Dull resignation somehow becomes resolve when pasted onto superheroes :lol:

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Peter Flanders wrote:

Truth to tell, lately it's been more about Elsey, banders, and Pizzy... He'll even Jenn and carrier held the tread for a bit... You Becky, not so much lately.... You need to up your game, and as usual there you are fucking off and drinking instead of working... Your lack of real work ethic just makes it harder for other women.

And pumpkin beer?... Don't get me started...

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

acathode wrote:
feathers wrote:
When the morons journalists wrote their articles about this, the communication guy for Riksbanken they got hold off patiently explained that It's overwhelmingly in the women's favor, the 20, 100 and 500 kr are the most circulated of the bills.

For example the total value of the 500kr bills in circulation is 57 billion, compared to the 1000 bills, which total just 6 billion...
By their measure, in the US, Salmon P Chase was accorded the highest honor. His face was on the $10,000 bill, which during the 40 years it was issued was more money than most people made in a year. So of course, no one ever saw him. Such an honor!

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

franc wrote:I imagine Arthur Chu in a dog collar, covered in vaseline & having a mock castration with a black TG bodybuilder is not outrageous scenario
You might not be far off - when the Ashley Madison hack was released, he claimed that it was entirely possible that Gamergaters had signed him up with a close email account and that it would seem like he had signed up himself. I don't think anyone ever found out if he was just doing that for attention or if he actually had an account there.

Peter Flanders

Post by Peter Flanders »

Nugent has had a good run, but all stars will fade and die in the end. This looks like a total load of old cobblers to me.
Fair enough he's an atheist, but adopting that position in order to pass judgement on other people is worthless. All you should limit yourself to is telling people why faith is not enough.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

It doesn't wanna loop.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Feminists have to protect themselves from violence by wearing disguises in public while exercising their free speech!
That's how bad it is now. :violin:
[youtube]6KpdL8UuntA[/youtube]

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Service Dog wrote:It doesn't wanna loop.

HAHAHA, that's awesome! I see Slyme people...

It loops now:

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Parody Accountant wrote:Another shooter?

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-northe ... aff-campus

FFS so much wrong with my country.

Mental Health Availability for all of these people. Not because I have sympathy for them, but to keep them from harming others. Why do we have to wait for the insane people to commit crime(s) before restricting them? Perhaps medication

Mental Health Screening for gun ownership that actually works. I just got a new driver's license and the lady asked "Do you have any mental health conditions?" uh... lady, I need my fucking car, so uh "No." Then she asked if I was 100% disabled veteran. That got me a little nervous. I shook my head, and then signed the paper, and paid my 50 bucks. As I was leaving the counter, I asked why she asked about my disability percentage. I was certain this had something to do with making sure handicapped people documented everything.

"It's free for 100% disabled veterans. They don't have to pay 50 bucks. Thank you for your service."

Maybe for the DMV that's fine, maybe not though. Not my point.

The "sanity clause" in the gun ownership registration form needs to be expanded, enforced, and proposed by the gun community themselves (not the lobby). Some countries do gun ownership right. We are not.

I wonder what President Trump is going to do with this mess. Thanks, Obama, you gun nut.
Always worth checking out Justicar's take on this. He's often not full of shit. According to him, experts at gun control hearings in the US say more legislation won't do a thing because it's going to be just as ignored as the existing legislation. Prosecutors and police chiefs have to prioritise and they are quite open about not wanting to waste time on paperwork offences when there are people being assaulted, burglaries being committed and innocent citizens to charge with drug offences so their assets can be seized. OK, maybe they aren't so open about that last one, but the point is that the partisan bickering and strawmanning obscures the facts. The Rethugs may have a point when they suggest actually applying existing laws before giving the cops more laws to disregard.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Spike13 wrote:
Peter Flanders wrote:

Truth to tell, lately it's been more about Elsey, banders, and Pizzy... He'll even Jenn and carrier held the tread for a bit... You Becky, not so much lately.... You need to up your game, and as usual there you are fucking off and drinking instead of working... Your lack of real work ethic just makes it harder for other women.

And pumpkin beer?... Don't get me started...
MRAs, whom she usually derides as manbabies who couldn't decode a bus schedule, hacked Patreon. Since the only way to actually stop Rebecca is to grab and kill her (she said this), they have to threaten innocents in her orbit. It's an Al Qaeda kind of tactic (Al Qaeda... who usually try to grab and kill people who annoy them). She's not concerned for herself, but she'll probably have to move. And get a big dog. She knows she can't care for it, but the MRA jihadists excuse is too novel to squander.

Meanwhile, she worries the Blue Angels could strafe her building.

Her awesomeness has become too much for her. It's making her paranoid.

Or maybe she's having episodes of benzos-booze overload (hey R, wanna Xanax?), like her old butt buddy.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Thin-skinned arrogant slacker is thin-skinned and arrogant. It's a dumb move, Twitter-shaming an ostensible supporter like this.

She should do it more often.

http://imgur.com/SdH42wT.png

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Do we know anyone in Chicago who uses the local hotels, favors red lipstick, and likes to surprise everyone with their butthole?

http://imgur.com/xvFwrQU.jpg

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I don't think she's paranoid, I think she's just a fabulist.

Parody Accountant

Ape+lust wrote:Thin-skinned arrogant slacker is thin-skinned and arrogant. It's a dumb move, Twitter-shaming an ostensible supporter like this.

Rebecca watson seems paranoid.

Notice that she checked to see how much had been donated before responding.

Fuck off forever I'll refund your money! !!!.. but first let me look at the accounts.... yep, I can lose that much

Parody Accountant

Ape+lust wrote:Do we know anyone in Chicago who uses the local hotels, favors red lipstick, and likes to surprise everyone with their butthole?

http://imgur.com/xvFwrQU.jpg
Welch?

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

This reminds me a little of Shermer:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/azeenghorayshi/ ... d-students

I kept reading looking for the evidence, but there isn't any.

I'm not saying it's untrue, but some of the impact statements sound familiar.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Sulman wrote:This reminds me a little of Shermer:

From the article:
But over the next year, Murray-Clay says, more women came forward with complaints. So in September 2005, she went to the department chair, Don Backer. She says Backer, who died five years ago, defended Marcy and told her he could not respond to anonymous accusations.

After another undergraduate came forward with a complaint a year later, Murray-Clay, along with three other female graduate students and postdocs, tried to register an official complaint at the university level. But there, too, they were told they could not do so on someone else’s behalf.
I hadn't realized Carrie Poppy is into astronomy.

And for fuck's sake, can we stop saying that all women are powerful and all women are amazing and all women are strong if the ones who say it the most expect their friends to report their vague "harassment"?

Really?

Post by Really? »

Ape+lust wrote:Thin-skinned arrogant slacker is thin-skinned and arrogant. It's a dumb move, Twitter-shaming an ostensible supporter like this.

What are the odds he pulls his support? How much you wanna bet that he increased his level after being treated like shit?

He supports Zoe Quinn and Mr. Deity, too.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Sunder wrote:I don't think she's paranoid, I think she's just a fabulist.
She knows how to ring the pavlovian bell for white-knighting, so her virgin-neckbeard fanboiz will cough up yet more dough while jacking-off to rescue/reward fantasies.

She'd make a mint selling her skanky panties to that lot.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Sulman wrote:This reminds me a little of Shermer:

I wonder if that dude attempted to lunge at fellow astronomer Pamela Gay's boobs too?

Peter Flanders

Post by Peter Flanders »

I've had an episode of paranoia, quickly leading to me being sectioned. It is a horrible experience, and it has taken me very many years to fully get over it. In my case it was to do with being afraid of some of my thoughts, hiding my attention away from addressing some of my behaviour. Also, once inside the mental health system, it is a fucking difficult problem to get out again. Overall it is a highly rewarding experience, giving great insight into the dark depths of human nature, and just as long as you don't top yourself along the way.

The person in the comment has done exactly the right thing, he thinks she is paranoid and has told her so. That is what a true friend would do. Being told to fuck right off is a small price for being honest. The worst types are those who help feed your delusions. They appear to be supportive, trying to shield you from further harm, but in reality don't help you one jot to get back to planet earth.

Poor Becky is offended, blaming someone who is trying to help her, and deep into denial. I've seen others at this point say they won't inflict further suffering, and I'm tempted to say I'll do the same, but I do have an evil streak to me and the temptation to meddle may become too much. I shall keep a watching brief.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

FTBer, Ally Fogg says to Oolon:
I have to say that what you are advocating there is a prescription for the snake to eat its tail. You are happily accepting a situation which, if continued to its natural conclusion, is clearly a recipe for the extinction of the political and intellectual commons. You are also admitting that you don’t in fact believe in freedom of speech and freedom of expression, you believe in strictly channelled narrowcasting for everyone, which is not the same thing.

I’ll agree that is a perfectly coherent and legitimate point of view. I would also point out that is an inherently, reactionary and dangerous philosophy, but hey, at least we know where we stand.
Someone named Julian replies:
That’s just hyperbolic nonsense and you free speech absolutists know that. You just can’t justify your selective outrage otherwise.
After some additional back-and-forth, Oolon says:
I for one welcome the destruction of freeze peach.
Finally laying his cards on the table.

Link: http://freethoughtblogs.com/hetpat/2015 ... ent-198558

Peter Flanders

Post by Peter Flanders »

Man of honour, Professor Sir Colin Blakemore, resigns over feminist lies.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

John Greg wrote:FTBer, Ally Fogg says to Oolon:
I have to say that what you are advocating there is a prescription for the snake to eat its tail. You are happily accepting a situation which, if continued to its natural conclusion, is clearly a recipe for the extinction of the political and intellectual commons. You are also admitting that you don’t in fact believe in freedom of speech and freedom of expression, you believe in strictly channelled narrowcasting for everyone, which is not the same thing.

I’ll agree that is a perfectly coherent and legitimate point of view. I would also point out that is an inherently, reactionary and dangerous philosophy, but hey, at least we know where we stand.
Someone named Julian replies:
That’s just hyperbolic nonsense and you free speech absolutists know that. You just can’t justify your selective outrage otherwise.
After some additional back-and-forth, Oolon says:
I for one welcome the destruction of freeze peach.
Finally laying his cards on the table.

Link: http://freethoughtblogs.com/hetpat/2015 ... ent-198558
Saved at:
https://web.archive.org/web/20151007200 ... 10/07/976/

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Service Dog wrote:
So if you have five 20kr ladybills and one 500kr ladybill,
and trade that for four 50kr manbills and two 200kr manbills,
one stack contains 6 women and 600kr, and the other stack
contains 6 men and 600kr, but there remains a 77% wage gap,
in microaggressions, according to stats originating in every
feminist's wage gape.
This is a trick question because however you do the math, it adds up to a patriarchal rapeocracy.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Service Dog wrote:At the end of Watson's video, when squints, but can't tell if the approaching airplane is another Blue Angel: prosapagnosia.
Bless you!