fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by fuzzy »

comhcinc wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

That's standard. It's also frankly unconstitutional.
In an alcohol related arrest?

Yeah having never had an alcohol related arrest, I still had to sign such a thing with a bond. It's unconstitutional because alcohol is legal. You can't tell someone who hasn't been convicted of a crime that they can't possess something legal.

Not saying it isn't sound advice. Just 1. That is something said to everyone. 2. It's bullshit.
Also, people usually bond out by paying ten to fifteen percent as origination fee to a bondsman, and the bondsman can make restrictions on travel and I think other things aa condition of the 'loan' of the bail money.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Matt; OK you're crazy, now what are you going to do to that innocent looking pumpkin?
I'm gonna draw hannibalthevictor13's face on it, then let it seduce an underripe kumquat.
:twisted:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Speaking of scary- here is a hispanic woman from south america possessed by ancient Viking demons
Reminds me of the old line:

"Do you have any Irish in you?"
"No."
"Would you like some?"

[/PUA]

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:As you all know, Halloween is a big deal in the US. People often elaborately decorate their homes & yards. This year, I got into the spirit as well:
pumpkin.jpg
I know. Call me crazy.
Whoa. Take it easy there, "Crazy". Listen to Bill Burr...
your lavish display of pumpkin-faggotry is the #1 cause of premature male death.
That's why I shave my pubes into a molester moustache each Cocktober.

[youtube]7LRcmg9mxRQ[/youtube]

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Speaking of scary- here is a hispanic woman from south america possessed by ancient Viking demons
Reminds me of the old line:

"Do you have any Irish in you?"
"No."
"Would you like some?"

[/PUA]
Go to Irish pub. Go to girl.

"You look like you have some Irish in you."

"Teehee. Yeah I have some Irish in me..."

"do you want some more? HAHAHA "

Parody Accountant

Service Dog wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:As you all know, Halloween is a big deal in the US. People often elaborately decorate their homes & yards. This year, I got into the spirit as well:
pumpkin.jpg
I know. Call me crazy.
your lavish display of pumpkin-faggotry is the #1 cause of premature male death.

Reminds me of Doug Stanhope. He was talking about his mom's assisted suicide. He said that as she was drifting off he shook her and said, " no wait mom they just found a cure! Mom!!! Don't press the button. .. oh no!!!" As a joke.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

screwtape wrote:
Service Dog wrote:All a dream?
http://i.imgur.com/BgiIP63.png?1
Amitryptiline does change sleep architecture, but not as Elyse understands. It increases stage IV sleep in which muscles relax completely and (it is postulated) perform their repairs of all the minor injuries from the preceding day. This is almost always why the drug is actually prescribed these days - it was originally an antidepressant from ~1957, but the side effects from it at antidepressant dosages were unpleasant. It isn't really used for that anymore, but is very popular for modifying pain syndromes such as tension headaches, fibromyalgia and so on. If you want to decrease stage III (REM) sleep so as to not experience dreams, you need a barbiturate. Good luck finding a doc to prescribe one, Elyse. The only barbiturate I have ever prescribed in the last 40 years has been to continue phenobarb for epileptics, and that was when they didn't want to swap to another anticonvulsant for one reason or another.
Oh dear, you've set yourself up for another docdrop from the righteous ones.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Sunder wrote:This comment made me giggle.

http://i.imgur.com/KCgpwzv.jpg
And they keep getting stupider.

http://i.imgur.com/7WYITg9.jpg

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

JayTeeAitch wrote:
screwtape wrote:
Service Dog wrote:All a dream?

<snip Elyse's reveal of own medical info>
Amitryptiline does change sleep architecture, but not as Elyse understands. It increases stage IV sleep in which muscles relax completely and (it is postulated) perform their repairs of all the minor injuries from the preceding day. This is almost always why the drug is actually prescribed these days - it was originally an antidepressant from ~1957, but the side effects from it at antidepressant dosages were unpleasant. It isn't really used for that anymore, but is very popular for modifying pain syndromes such as tension headaches, fibromyalgia and so on. If you want to decrease stage III (REM) sleep so as to not experience dreams, you need a barbiturate. Good luck finding a doc to prescribe one, Elyse. The only barbiturate I have ever prescribed in the last 40 years has been to continue phenobarb for epileptics, and that was when they didn't want to swap to another anticonvulsant for one reason or another.
Oh dear, you've set yourself up for another docdrop from the righteous ones.
Hey, might as well band together. I've prescribed a few barbiturates for a few patients over the years, too (always with a medical indication for the Rx, and as in screwtape's experience it's typically when the patient wanted the older now-less-preferred medication rather than a newer now-preferred one).

Minor point, stage I-IV sleep are the 4 stages of non-REM sleep. REM sleep is REM sleep, doesn't have a stage #.

Used to be thought that dreams occurred in REM sleep, but it's not that simple; dreams may be more vivid in REM, but also occur in non-REM sleep.

Many anti-depressants reduce REM sleep - in fact, that's thought to be part of how they work for depression. Here's a page that discusses that a bit.

Finally, for those who might be interested (perhaps suffering from nightmares themselves), here's a "Best Practice Guide for the Treatment of Nightmare Disorder in Adults" (pdf) from the Journal of Sleep Medicine (2010). It only mentions amitryptiline briefly, basically to say that there's minimal data, then includes it (as a member of the class of medications called tricyclic antidepressants) among the "Level C" (lowest level) recommendation in its conclusions. Here, copied in full from the Abstract:
Summary of Recommendations:
Prazosin is recommended for treatment of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)-associated nightmares. Level A - Image Rehearsal Therapy (IRT) is recommended for treatment of nightmare disorder.
Level A - Systematic Desensitization and Progressive Deep Muscle Relaxation training are suggested for treatment of idiopathic nightmares.
Level B - Venlafaxine is not suggested for treatment of PTSD-associated nightmares.
Level B - Clonidine may be considered for treatment of PTSD-associated nightmares.
Level C - The following medications may be considered for treatment of PTSD-associated nightmares, but the data are low grade and sparse: trazodone, atypical antipsychotic medications, topiramate, low dose cortisol, fluvoxamine, triazolam and nitrazepam, phenelzine, gabapentin, cyproheptadine, and tricyclic antidepressants. Nefazodone is not recommended as first line therapy for nightmare disorder because of the increased risk of hepatotoxicity.
Level C - The following behavioral therapies may be considered for treatment of PTSD-associated nightmares based on low-grade evidence: Exposure, Relaxation, and Rescripting Therapy
(ERRT); Sleep Dynamic Therapy; Hypnosis; Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR); and the Testimony Method.
Level C - The following behavioral therapies may be considered for treatment of nightmare disorder based on low-grade evidence: Lucid Dreaming Therapy and Self-Exposure Therapy.
Level C - No recommendation is made regarding clonazepam and individual psychotherapy because of sparse data.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

It was... screaming. Some kind of screaming, like a child's voice.
>>>What did you do?
I went downstairs, outside. I crept up into the barn. I was so scared to look inside, but I had to.
>>>And what did you see, Elyse? What did you see?
Lambs. The lambs were screaming.
>>>They were slaughtering the spring lambs?
And they were screaming.
>>>And you ran away?
No. First I tried to free them. I... I opened the gate to their pen, but they wouldn't run. They just stood there, confused. They wouldn't run.
>>>But you could and you did, didn't you?

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Hi peeps!!!

I just got back from the hospital (where there wasn't any internet despite their advertising to the contrary).

Everything went really well. I got my surgery on Tuesday afternoon, spent about 7 hours in the block between anesthesia and leaving the waking room, and they decided to let me go home this morning. I can now finally put some weight on my left leg again. next step is physical therapy, starting in about 3 weeks.

I know I won't be able to catch up on the pit, but will try anyway. if something juicy has come up, could somebody give me a heads up?

Anyway, glad to be back!
Phil: SO glad to hear that your surgery went well, & you're home, and your left leg is now starting to earn its keep again by bearing some weight! Must be nice to see the kitties again but, hey, no tripping over them, y'hear?

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

fuzzy wrote:It was... screaming. Some kind of screaming, like a child's voice.
>>>What did you do?
I went downstairs, outside. I crept up into the barn. I was so scared to look inside, but I had to.
And they were screaming.
>>>And you ran away?
No. First I tried to free them. I... I opened the gate to their pen, but they wouldn't run. They just stood there, confused. They wouldn't run.
Finally a cultural reference I recognise. More because I saw the movie last week.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Fighting school sexism: feminist theory hits classrooms

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/fight ... kn7an.html
Sixteen-year-old feminist Stella Bridie was sick of being called "bossy" and "bitchy" at school.

She sees herself as ambitious and assertive. She's unafraid of asking teachers tough questions, and taking up leadership roles. But these efforts landed her a reputation of being too forthright – a description more commonly attributed to female, rather than male students.

It's a "subtle sort of sexism" that strong female teenagers routinely endure in the classroom, the Fitzroy High School student says. It's a type of sexism that is easy to try to justify, or disregard.

Fitzroy High School has a new feminism elective created by teacher Briony O'Keefe, pictured with students Edie Johnston, Nia Stanford and Stella Bridie.

Fitzroy High School has a new feminism elective created by teacher Briony O'Keefe, pictured with students Edie Johnston, Nia Stanford and Stella Bridie. Photo: Justin McManus

"Some of the smartest people I know are women, but it doesn't change the fact that they think they're not good enough, and feel they can't share that intelligence with the world because they might be laughed at," Stella says.

The problem of sexism is seldom discussed in mainstream Victorian classrooms. The likes of Mary Wollstonecraft, Gloria Steinem and Judith Butler are yet to feature on school book lists.

Yet schools will soon have access to a new feminism curriculum called "Fightback", created by Fitzroy High School's Feminist Collective, a group started by teacher Briony O'Keeffe and some of her students in 2013.

The course, which has been aligned with the Victorian curriculum, and is aimed at male and female secondary students, includes about 30 lessons on systemic sexism, the objectification of women, and the link between gender inequality and violence against women.
Students taking the course are asked to reflect on their experience of objectification, compare images of famous men and women in the media, deconstruct sexist cartoons, and debunk "hairy armpit" myths about feminists.

They explore the term "patriarchy", and examine statistics on the gender wage gap, violence against women, and female representation in sport.

"We're trying to get young men and women to think a bit more critically about the sorts of sexist behaviours they might either engage in or see on a daily basis," says O'Keeffe, who is also preparing to tour Victorian schools to offer an introductory class.
"And on a teaching level, I wanted to create free, accessible curriculum for teachers who might want to talk about these issues but don't know how or where to start."

The Feminist Collective started as lunchtime sessions on feminism, and turned into an elective offered twice a week. The classes became a safe place for young feminists to vent.

The students were angry that good friends were falling victim to eating disorders; that white middle class men dominated their reading lists; that objectifying images of girls they knew were circulating on Facebook; and thatthey were being branded "feminazis" on social media.

The collective also faced opposition in the playground, Stella says. Male students argued that they should form a "men's rights collective" to protect themselves against the feminists.

"It got increasingly aggressive," says Stella. "And these are lovely people ... I tried to stay calm, but when I left, I just about to burst out into tears, because these were a couple of my really good friends who had just yelled at me, for simply saying that I want rights."
O'Keeffe says a growing number of boys (who were allowed to start a collective if they wished) support the collective, and want to join the class, which has reached its maximum intake.

She says the course is being taught at a critical time in a male student's life, with a recent National Community Attitudes towards Violence Against Women Survey showing younger men, particularly those aged between 16-25, are more likely to hold attitudes that support violence.

The three boys who are part of the class, along with about 10 girls, initially found the experience confronting, she says.

"It's like when you understand that you're privileged because you're a white person – you didn't choose it, there's nothing you can do about it, but you have [privilege] nonetheless – and it's a confronting thing to know how [you] are supposed to feel about it?"

The new course launches at the school on November 26.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I call bullshit.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Parody Accountant wrote:Reminds me of Doug Stanhope. He was talking about his mom's assisted suicide. He said that as she was drifting off he shook her and said, " no wait mom they just found a cure! Mom!!! Don't press the button. .. oh no!!!" As a joke.
Stanhope and Burr are my two favorite comedians - also my two favorite podcasts to listen to while doing manual labor.

feathers

Post by feathers »

>>>What did you do?
And they were screaming.
>>>And you ran away?
Agent Elyse Starling?

I can smell your cunt.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

feathers wrote:
>>>What did you do?
And they were screaming.
>>>And you ran away?
Agent Elyse Starling?

I can smell your cunt.
I think you'll find that's her arsehole.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Oglebart wrote:
feathers wrote:Agent Elyse Starling?

I can smell your cunt.
I think you'll find that's her arsehole.
That would have been such a brilliant reply from DI Starling in the film.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

[youtube]jMNIvLiCnw8[/youtube]

Parody Accountant

[youtube]zqrmnQ0qiRM[/youtube]

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Parody Accountant wrote:
I love the fail ratio: plates smashed on camera/ plates smashed outside the frame.

Parody Accountant

Service Dog wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:
I love the fail ratio: plates smashed on camera/ plates smashed outside the frame.
Yeah.

however.

There were no anal rapes, ruined blankets, ruined fundraiser, structure damage, mystery blood, mystery bruises.

She remained calm through her smash party. These monsters are evolving, becoming harder to detect. Remember the banality of evil? This is the ninth circle of hell.

keep your eyes on the prize; don't let them fool you.

[youtube]YiDSWMNfTvQ[/youtube]

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

http://i.imgur.com/ImfUSwk.png

POLL: Which is the better reply?

A. Saying the 'systemic issue' is 'black people are natural born criminals', like I'm a klansman & I think they agree with me. Lulz.

B. Replace 'black' in the the tweet with 'male' & sincerely argue that their evidence for racism would also prove misandry.

Post your vote & thoughts. (Or PM me your vote-- if you don't wanna clog the pit with this.) Feedback will be used to improve my posts.

By the way-- One thing that bothers me about Gavin McInness-- is he goes for both A and B, which makes me suspect he's sincere about A.

I mention him because this morning I recalled a story about when Vice Magazine was hot. Hollywood execs kept flying them out to LA for meetings, talking about offering a film deal. VICE got sick of how dumb the hollywood guys were, VICE began pitching nursery rhymes. "First, bells jingle. Then we smell Batman. Robin lays an egg. In the climactic action sequence, the Batmobile loses a wheel and Joker gets away."

Fair enough. But the problem I have with it-- is McInness thinking the other guys are the dumb ones. If you're wildly popular like VICE was, Hollywood guys will call you up for meetings, just to brag "I met the Vice guys. We're looking at projects." The Hollywood guys were getting what they wanted & wasting Vice's time. So who was the dummy? McInness vs. SJWs is fun because-- debating a stopped-clock means you win all-but twice a day. But it's more like They're Wrong, than He's Right. Like this digression? Vote "C."

Your "D." vote is anticipated, wags.

RonSwanson

Post by RonSwanson »

I'm way behind but before I catch up I wanted to share this hilarious but of feminist SJW Poe's Law in action. It's from 2 years ago but a slymepit search yielded nothing. I present to you:

FARTRAPE!

https://thewaterpipe.wordpress.com/2013 ... isogynist/

Parody Accountant

Oh I forgot that I am making an effort to be positive, as elyse is apparently spending her final moments reading the slymepit.

Elyse:

Your cbeepio joke was kinda funny

The Rick roll got me TWICE.

Nobody here shames you specifically for the signs of pregnancy on your body, and I actually liked the idea of normalizing that.

Despite your best attempts, you haven't become a meme, somehow.

You can start fresh in a new location

Halloween candy is probably near.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

RonSwanson wrote:I'm way behind but before I catch up I wanted to share this hilarious but of feminist SJW Poe's Law in action. It's from 2 years ago but a slymepit search yielded nothing. I present to you:

FARTRAPE!

https://thewaterpipe.wordpress.com/2013 ... isogynist/
Christ on a fudgesicle! What if you fart up a woman's vag? Double rape!

This (f)article is possibly the best Poe ever.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

I feel that farting in public is a right that is protected by the First Amendment. Not only that, but I feel that I have a right to hear the farts of others. How else can I make an informed decision? Anyone can tweet that they love and engage in ad nauseum butt-sex. And anal waxing and bleaching is only circumstantial evidence of this, even when photos are provided. But when a person breaks wind in the sub-woofer range (e.g., 10 to 100 Hz), then I know that they're telling the truth.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Service Dog wrote:
pumpkin.jpg
I know. Call me crazy.

I don't know. It's funny, but sounds a lot like "patriarchy hurts men too."

katamari Damassi

What if we're all just part of Elyse's dream?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:Fighting school sexism: feminist theory hits classrooms

O'Keeffe says a growing number of boys (who were allowed to start a collective if they wished) support the collective, and want to join the class finally get to make out with a girl.

The three boys who are part of the class, along with about 10 girls, initially found the experience confronting themselves permanently stuck in the Friend Zone, she says.
In the US, we have a program for rural kids, FFA - Future Farmers of America. This sounds like FMA - Future Manginas of Australia.

The problem of sexism is seldom discussed in mainstream Victorian classrooms. The likes of Mary Wollstonecraft, Gloria Steinem and Judith Butler are yet to feature on school book lists.
I read Frankenstein on my own when I was in junior high. It'd be great were it assigned in school.

Gloria Steinem is played out. Her writings are hopelessly dated & have no value-add now.

Judith Butler is that lacanian bullshit artist who declared that the physical sexes are just social constructs. (Hornbeck quote-mined her Gender Trouble; Miri M whole-heartedly endorsed Gender Trouble, even though she couldn't comprehend much of what was in it, and stopped reading after a few chapters). Victoria might as well fire all of its biology teachers if they start assigning Butler.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:http://i.imgur.com/ImfUSwk.png

A. Saying the 'systemic issue' is 'black people are natural born criminals', like I'm a klansman & I think they agree with me. Lulz.

B. Replace 'black' in the the tweet with 'male' & sincerely argue that their evidence for racism would also prove misandry.
C. Replace "black people" with "suspects resisting arrest."

I'm dangerously close to an un-friending on FB because of this topic.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

acathode

Post by acathode »

feathers wrote:
acathode wrote:As for the anti-racism stuff, feminists have a really shitty track record. Not to long ago several immigrant women dared to voice their problems with the increasing Islamism in certain, immigrant heavy Swedish suburbs - giving examples of how women would be harassed in the streets for not wearing veils, how some cafes didn't allow woman customers, and so on. The response from the leftists feminists was.... to do a Watson, ie. accuse the women of spreading "racists thoughts".
Hey manchauvisnist racist overneighbour, please let us know what becomes of the evacuation of that illegal Roma camp in Malmö, tomorrow at 16:00 or thereafter. Most specifically, the leftwing/autonomous demonstrations I expect- I have some of those kids in a certain house in my neighbourhood who are not too lame to cross the Bridge for a bit of fun.
Oh... that shit makes my blood boil.

The short story of it is:
1. Roma from Rumania and Bulgaria comes to Sweden to beg on the streets, because with EU they can travel freely, and Sweden don't really give a shit if you stay for more than the 3 months you're legally allowed to stay in a EU country without having a proper employment etc.

2. These beggars, "EU-immigrants" as the media have dubbed them, need a place to sleep. So they simply take over an empty lot in the city of Malmö and set up camp, and build a small shanty town:
http://i.imgur.com/yof0wwt.jpg

3. This lot is owned by someone. This someone calls the police, to have the roma beggars who've taken over his property evicted. This is where it gets funny: The police tells the owner that "Nope" - getting rid of illegal occupants is not their job. As the Swedish police interpret the law, they aren't allowed to evict people who illegally settle on property other people own, that's the job of the Swedish Enforcement Authority - the government agency that otherwise mostly deal debt collection and similar stuff.

4. The Enforcement Authority tell the owner that they'll happily help him evict the roma beggars - if they are identified... The EA cannot do anything against anonymous people, and of course, the roma beggars aren't stupid enough to give their name when asked, and the police have denied the owner even this help... So the owner is left to his own, the government has basically given him a big FU, and he can only stand and watch as illegal occupants live on his property. The story doesn't end there though, because:

5. People need to take a shit. People need to take a piss. People need to be warm. People produce a lot of garbage. Even roma beggars - who live in huts with no running water, no toilets, and no electricity. Those roma beggars shit and piss on the property they've occupied. They let their garbage pile up. They keep warm by burning whatever they can find in poorly constructed stoves. In short, the property now smells... horrible. It's infested with rats, and the whole thing is a great fire hazard.

6. So the City fines the owner 50 000 SEK ($5 856.9) for not cleaning up the property...

7. The city tried to find ways to evict the illegal occupants, and a lot of courtroom stuff happens. Eventually we come to this, that's supposed to happen right now - the city evicts the illegal occupants and clean up the property... and the owner has to pay 75% of the cost, 375 000 SEK ($43 926.75) - The reason the owner doesn't have to pay 100% of the cost is because the city is generous, since the man had tried contacting both the police and the EA, the city decided they'll pay 25% of the cost...

So... Illegal occupants plants their asses on your property, and ruins the place. You contact the police. "LOL NOPE!". You contact the EA. "LOL NOPE!". 1 year later, the city have come to the conclusion that the situation is so bad, that it's a health and fire hazard to neighboring properties, so they'll evict the illegal occupants - and you "just" have to pay almost $44,000...

The sick thing is? This isn't a unique case. There's a rural house, a summer resident owned by a elderly couple in Switzerland, where now a roma family lives - they broke in, and started living there. The police won't do anything. The EA won't do anything.

This is what happens when SJWs run your media - because all of this is simply due to the fact that the police are so scared, so utterly horrified, by the hordes of SJW journalists that will rain hell down on them if they even dare lift a finger against people that the SJW journalist perceive as "unpriviliged" and "oppressed".

There are laws that make it pretty clear that the police have mandate to kick illegal occupants out, without having to ID them or anything like that - and the police have used those laws as well, when the illegal occupants where Swedes. But since the media have made it crystal clear that if the police where to act on those laws, they'll come down hard on the police, esp. whoever gives the order, the police have simply decided to "interpret" the laws so that they don't have to do anything...

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Fighting school sexism: feminist theory hits classrooms

O'Keeffe says a growing number of boys (who were allowed to start a collective if they wished) support the collective, and want to join the class finally get to make out with a girl.

The three boys who are part of the class, along with about 10 girls, initially found the experience confronting themselves permanently stuck in the Friend Zone, she says.
In the US, we have a program for rural kids, FFA - Future Farmers of America. This sounds like FMA - Future Manginas of Australia.

I read Frankenstein on my own when I was in junior high. It'd be great were it assigned in school.

Gloria Steinem is played out. Her writings are hopelessly dated & have no value-add now.

Judith Butler is that lacanian bullshit artist who declared that the physical sexes are just social constructs. (Hornbeck quote-mined her Gender Trouble; Miri M whole-heartedly endorsed Gender Trouble, even though she couldn't comprehend much of what was in it, and stopped reading after a few chapters). Victoria might as well fire all of its biology teachers if they start assigning Butler.
Pedant mode: Frankenstein was written by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley; Mary Wollstonecraft was her mother.

Billie from Ockham

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that the un-friender in question isn't Steersman.

Parody Accountant

Service Dog wrote:Credibility.
http://i.imgur.com/maRD68o.png
Wrong.

Fishing for the next easy mark. Same day gaslight on a new person? If successful, that's an exploitable person. She needs people to play their parts!

MOTHERFUCKER,
PLAY
YOUR
PART.

[youtube]dyj6PIoLEA4[/youtube]

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Suet Cardigan wrote: Pedant mode: Frankenstein was written by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley; Mary Wollstonecraft was her mother.
Way to posthumously oppress her by forcing the patriarchal use of her husband's name on her, shitlord.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

http://blogs.new.spectator.co.uk/2015/0 ... nd-victor/

"Meet the Cry-Bully: a hideous hybrid of victim and victor"

You may disagree with the people & groups she's chosen as examples, and think there are others she missed, but it seems like a good description of the phenomenon, seen especially online.

Parody Accountant

You could fart into a condom, tie it up, still inflated with pooticles.

I'm pretty sure that if you penetrate someone with a fart dildo against their will, it's fart rape.

I am not a lawyer

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Ever deal with a person who lies constantly for seemingly no advantage? Just opens their mouth and lets bullshit fly out when they have nothing to gain for it?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Parody Accountant wrote:You could fart into a condom, tie it up, still inflated with pooticles.

I'm pretty sure that if you penetrate someone with a fart dildo against their will, it's fart rape.

I am not a lawyer
You fucking sound like one!

:rimshot:

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Sunder said:
Ever deal with a person who lies constantly for seemingly no advantage? Just opens their mouth and lets bullshit fly out when they have nothing to gain for it?
Yes, I have, on a few occasions, both in meatspace and online. Odd behaviour, and most frustrating. In all instances it became clear that it was pathological (if I understand that term correctly), and that nothing could be done about it, so I just let it flow unhindered.

Parody Accountant

Sunder wrote:Ever deal with a person who lies constantly for seemingly no advantage? Just opens their mouth and lets bullshit fly out when they have nothing to gain for it?
Story time?

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Nothing really interesting. Just dealing with a relative like that and they annoyed me more than usual today.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Social anxiety maybe? They gotta fill the air with talk & whatever comes out...

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

John Greg wrote:Sunder said:
Yes, I have, on a few occasions, both in meatspace and online. Odd behaviour, and most frustrating. In all instances it became clear that it was pathological (if I understand that term correctly), and that nothing could be done about it, so I just let it flow unhindered.
Tell me about it. I had this Tyrannosaurus Rex living down the street constantly telling lies. One time, xe (the T-Rex used preferred gender neutral pronouns), tried to convince everyone that The Pterodactyl in the cul de sac was really Santa Claus. Biggest BSer in this dimension for absolutely no reason.

Billie from Ockham

deLurch wrote:Tell me about it. I had this Tyrannosaurus Rex living down the street constantly telling lies. One time, xe (the T-Rex used preferred gender neutral pronouns), tried to convince everyone that The Pterodactyl in the cul de sac was really Santa Claus. Biggest BSer in this dimension for absolutely no reason.
I suspect that you aren't telling the truth because a T-Rex would immediately collapse due to the lower oxygen levels of our time and would not be able to speak. And I know this because I invented oxygen.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
deLurch wrote:Tell me about it. I had this Tyrannosaurus Rex living down the street constantly telling lies. One time, xe (the T-Rex used preferred gender neutral pronouns), tried to convince everyone that The Pterodactyl in the cul de sac was really Santa Claus. Biggest BSer in this dimension for absolutely no reason.
I suspect that you aren't telling the truth because a T-Rex would immediately collapse due to the lower oxygen levels of our time and would not be able to speak. And I know this because I invented oxygen.
Also - dinosaurs were dragons who breathed fire because their nostrils were so narrow that the pressure caused by breathing in and out caused so much friction that fire came out.

True story. Listen and believe.

[youtube]guvAw-oIIEw[/youtube]

Billie from Ockham

I had forgotten about the "nostril theory"; thanks.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Service Dog wrote:Social anxiety maybe? They gotta fill the air with talk & whatever comes out...
Sometimes it's because some people feel uninteresting and boring and make up lies just to have a story to tell. I had to deal with a person who was just like that. They were aware that their behavior was wrong and frustrating, and tried to talk it out with a therapist, who even eventually helped them to curb it a little. But I had to accept that they would still do it from time to time.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

It's not anxiety. This person does often lie specifically to gain advantages. I just meant that they also tell lies seemingly just for the hell of it or out of habit and that these irritate me more for some reason.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Some interesting history of the formation of post colonial Syria and some background into possible motives of Russia intervening.
http://www.joshualandis.com/blog/russia ... eir-zamir/

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

katamari Damassi

Sunder wrote:
Sunder wrote:This comment made me giggle.

http://i.imgur.com/KCgpwzv.jpg
And they keep getting stupider.

http://i.imgur.com/7WYITg9.jpg
There's a real trans tizzy(a trizzy)going on in another FA thread. I shouldn't have bothered wading in as it's futile to put facts before fanatics. Even if you bear trans women no ill will and are willing to treat them as women, you're still a rage fueled bigot if you refuse to proclaim that trans women are actual women based on biology.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Bhurzum wrote:Hail to the king, baby!
http://series-cravings.me/test/ash-vs-e ... -1-el-jefe
Not bad. I wonder if the show's characters and premise has staying power.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I'm glad that I've never donated money to any atheist Patreons and that I always use adblock.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

deLurch wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:Hail to the king, baby!
http://series-cravings.me/test/ash-vs-e ... -1-el-jefe
Not bad. I wonder if the show's characters and premise has staying power.
They've already confirmed a second series.

The fan response has been predictably positive. I'm a huge fan of the franchise and will be tuning in weekly for my fix! Oh, and just to squeeze in my hetero-normative privilege dig: the actress who plays the black cop is a fucking honey! The things I'd do with her... :P

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Re: Above post - Jill Marie Jones

http://cdn5.thr.com/sites/default/files ... l_dead.jpg

Hubba hubba!

Parody Accountant