Post by jimthepleb »

What is red sticker?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

jimthepleb wrote:What is red sticker?
Sorry, can't tell you, you've got a red sticker.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Seems reasonable.

feathers

Post by feathers »

jimthepleb wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Seems reasonable.
Don't talk to him, he's got a red sticker!

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Parody Accountant wrote:
deLurch wrote:
paddybrown wrote:What it's most similar to is that video that went viral a while back of a grown woman throwing a temper tantrum in the car because her husband wouldn't drive her to the lake.

[youtube]PEPoO08IMog[/youtube]
Hmm... when she talks about her car needing an oil change, and she says he hasn't done it, and he says she should do that herself, she responds that she can't because of the interlock thing.

A quick google search confirms my suspicions. Interlock devices for cars are breathalyzers that prevent people from driving while drunk. So not only did she get nailed on a DUI conviction bad enough to get an Interlock, she can't stay sober for one day so that she can get an oil change.

How much do you want to bet that her sippy cup has booze in it.
GOOD FUCKING EYE, MAN.

I was looking for a thread to explain it all beyond "what a bitch!" When I read what you wrote, it fucking clicked.

That's the trouble with being an everyday blackout drunk. You don't even realize that you are a goddamn 2 year old, but inflicting adult pain on everyone else.

For me, I had a witching hour. But I never remembered it. Part of the reason why I drank so heavily was to fall asleep. Or so I thought. In reality, I wasn't even falling asleep, I was just blackout drunk. I was barely coherent, have no memory of the ridiculous shit I did instead of 'falling asleep'. Disbelieve whatever details emerge, or laugh them off as 'super rare'. I never got violent or angry. Apparently I would get quasi-suicidal and look at cartoons from my childhood on youtube and cry. Or I would try to discuss how sad Don McLean's "American Pie" really is, as I tearfully mention the chevys and of course, the levys. Or I would say "If you fuck me, I can fall asleep. I'm so depressed..." to my wife. Every night. It was awful for her. And I had no idea.

I've been trying to undo the damage, and it's quite severe. Some days it's not worth it to even try. I still don't think we're going to make it. I was/am the one worth leaving. I am the one who doesn't deserve the respect, though I'm human and I get upset at this fact. It's hard to realize that you are the bad guy. It's even harder to realize it constantly.

This woman may or may not ever realize what she's done. I bet not.
I've been there mate. These things are salvageable but it's a long process and requires some serious soul searching and changes in behaviour from you. Were you drink dependent or a binge drinker? Bingers (as I was) tend to blackout more often, but the fixes are marginally easier as you are not physically dependent on the booze, and therefore less likely to die when/if you withdraw completely.
I am now looking to move into substance misuse work and do a lot of voluntary work for the local drugs and alcohol professionals, so if yiou wanted an off 'pit natter about it throw me a pm. I am emphatically NOT a 12 stepper.
Good luck, it's usually a shitshow before it gets better. :hankey:

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

feathers wrote:
jimthepleb wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Sorry, can't tell you, you've got a red sticker.
Seems reasonable.
Don't talk to him, he's got a red sticker!
I've got a red sticker, but you are all on my blue list.

No, hang on... I've got a blue sticker, but you are all on my red list.

Fuck it, never mind those polka dots. I'm going to wear purple microdots. No one is allowed to talk to me unless we are both stoned on acid.

https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/im ... odots4.jpg

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Shatterface wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:http://i.imgur.com/AWcEj84.jpg

Yes. A philosphy major with a PhD in gender bullshit says that Universities should ban speakers whose claims that cannot be tested.
If this isn't 'mansplaining', what is?
The comments are interesting. Some of them are so invested in GG being transphobic that they have invented a whole new branch of semiotics. Meanwhile others are calling bullshit on the author and some of the petals. I particularly enjoyed seeing the tone dial down in a thread after one woman identified that she was both black and bisexual (and from the USA) and no fucking way was she going to sit in a corner sucking her thumb because someone said bad words. Sometimes the podium placements at the Oppression Olympics are ftw. :lol:

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Parody Accountant wrote:
deLurch wrote:
paddybrown wrote:What it's most similar to is that video that went viral a while back of a grown woman throwing a temper tantrum in the car because her husband wouldn't drive her to the lake.

[youtube]PEPoO08IMog[/youtube]
Hmm... when she talks about her car needing an oil change, and she says he hasn't done it, and he says she should do that herself, she responds that she can't because of the interlock thing.

A quick google search confirms my suspicions. Interlock devices for cars are breathalyzers that prevent people from driving while drunk. So not only did she get nailed on a DUI conviction bad enough to get an Interlock, she can't stay sober for one day so that she can get an oil change.

How much do you want to bet that her sippy cup has booze in it.
GOOD FUCKING EYE, MAN.

I was looking for a thread to explain it all beyond "what a bitch!" When I read what you wrote, it fucking clicked.

That's the trouble with being an everyday blackout drunk. You don't even realize that you are a goddamn 2 year old, but inflicting adult pain on everyone else.

For me, I had a witching hour. But I never remembered it. Part of the reason why I drank so heavily was to fall asleep. Or so I thought. In reality, I wasn't even falling asleep, I was just blackout drunk. I was barely coherent, have no memory of the ridiculous shit I did instead of 'falling asleep'. Disbelieve whatever details emerge, or laugh them off as 'super rare'. I never got violent or angry. Apparently I would get quasi-suicidal and look at cartoons from my childhood on youtube and cry. Or I would try to discuss how sad Don McLean's "American Pie" really is, as I tearfully mention the chevys and of course, the levys. Or I would say "If you fuck me, I can fall asleep. I'm so depressed..." to my wife. Every night. It was awful for her. And I had no idea.

I've been trying to undo the damage, and it's quite severe. Some days it's not worth it to even try. I still don't think we're going to make it. I was/am the one worth leaving. I am the one who doesn't deserve the respect, though I'm human and I get upset at this fact. It's hard to realize that you are the bad guy. It's even harder to realize it constantly.

This woman may or may not ever realize what she's done. I bet not.
http://www.rightthisminute.com/video/be ... ides-story

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... vorce.html

Gawker article:
https://archive.is/UZugA
After dealing with her drinking problems ("she is on probation for a DUI"),

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

I don't have a red sticker. Neither does Steersman. You know what this means....the Nigger/Cunt debate is officially sanctioned by the The Powers that Be!

(Just kidding, we already have our own thread)

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

And after he got his PhD, he had at last banked enough ally points that a feminist allowed him to put his willy in her vagina!

Sad. So sad.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Kirbmarc wrote:I don't have a red sticker. Neither does Steersman. You know what this means....the Nigger/Cunt debate is officially sanctioned by the The Powers that Be!

(Just kidding, we already have our own thread)
You have a chocolate starfish instead.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

New 'water adhesive' is tougher than natural adhesives employed by mussels and barnacles

http://phys.org/news/2015-11-adhesive-t ... ssels.html

The video is worth the watch.

feathers

Post by feathers »

deLurch wrote:New 'water adhesive' is tougher than natural adhesives employed by mussels and barnacles

[insert Carrier joke here]

[thank you]

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

Am i late? Anyway IMO a person who would draw something in feces would draw something in feces to insult it. So IMO (and again maybe I am late and there is new news) a angry person who dislikes white men drew the swastika. It would be like drawing a confederate flag in feces to show how much you hate racism or drawing a cross in feces to show that you think christianity is shitty.

When I went to college there was quite a lot of vandalism. From stupid stuff to racial stuff to just vulgar stuff. Mountains out of molehills. Fucking college kids. From the dumb ass vandals to the dumb ass shit stirrers.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Skep tickle wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/ ... CV20151109

"Virginia fraternity sues Rolling Stone over rape story" - for $25 million

(Why does the URL read "us-virginia-sexcrimes"?)
A University of Virginia fraternity sued Rolling Stone magazine on Monday for $25 million in damages over a discredited article about a 2012 gang rape at the fraternity.

The Phi Kappa Psi chapter filed the defamation lawsuit in Charlottesville, Virginia, Circuit Court against Rolling Stone and writer Sabrina Erdely, the fraternity said in a statement.

"Rolling Stone published the article with reckless disregard for the truth," it said.

The lawsuit contends that Rolling Stone and Erdely wanted to advance a narrative of college campus sexual violence by depicting a rape, whether it was true or not, the statement said.

<snip>

Rolling Stone also faces lawsuits from a university administrator who alleges she was defamed and from three University of Virginia graduates who were members of the fraternity. ...
While I hope it would bankrupt them, they almost certainly have insurance. The insurance company will settle fairly quickly.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Old_ones wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:One more...

Cassie Jaye's kickstarter for the Red Pill documentary reached $175K "2nd stretch" goal and is almost up to $190K now.
I really can't see how any documentary that shines a light on Paul Elam can help our cause.

I fear we are about to be stiffed by the class sweetheart.
I think the MRM has some legitimate concerns, and some growing up to do as well. I don't think the MRM would be hurt by a balanced account that shines light on both its merits and shortcomings. That might actually be the best thing for it, as the thing that keeps me from using the term "MRA" is a disinclination to be associated with people like Davis Aurini. The last thing I want the MRM to be is a mirror image of feminism, in which the majority of the movement are ridiculous whackadoos, and the small minority of reasonable people are trying to pretend that "not all feminists are like that".

This.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
danah_gaz wrote:
If you want to insist I have a "girl brain" or a "boy brain" you're going to have to show your work. What exactly is it about a brain that makes it a "boy brain" or a "girl brain"?
!
"Brains" are just social constructs. No one has a "brain" until society forces them to play the role of a brain-haver.

Except, of course, modern science has, in fact, there are tremendous differences in 'boy' and 'girl' brains. And they have explanatory power in both behavior and results when it comes to large populations. And all the claiming there is no difference is just horse-shit.

Funny 'gaz' never came back. Just left the laughable pile of stupidity and moved on declaring victory in her little circle of dysfunctional neo-luddites.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

deLurch wrote:New 'water adhesive' is tougher than natural adhesives employed by mussels and barnacles

The conductivity stuff is way beyond cool. Applications aplenty!

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

deLurch wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Bobbitt: may very well have been justified, or at least in an altered mental state. No contest from me.
"Feminists" who laugh out loud, cheer her on and wish it happened more often: contest.
Sorry. She had access to a car. She could call 911. There are women's shelters. Nothing was stopping her from leaving that guy but herself.
Exactly. I do understand people with children staying. I did it myself. As a parent, you've got to protect your kids. If I was a woman in the situation I had to live through, I could have gotten a protective order automatic custody. But even then I think women who stay really are not making good decisions.

As a man, it's much tougher. Frankly, I had to put up with it because I had no rights to my house, my children or anything else as far as the Men Are Bad, Women Are Good narrative that permeates society and the Courts. Had I gone DV, I'd have lost everything immediately.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Kirbmarc wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Bobbitt: may very well have been justified, or at least in an altered mental state. No contest from me.
"Feminists" who laugh out loud, cheer her on and wish it happened more often: contest.
Sorry. She had access to a car. She could call 911. There are women's shelters. Nothing was stopping her from leaving that guy but herself.
Yes, her decision wasn't the best course of action, but after years of physical and psychological abuse an extreme irrational reaction caused by extreme emotion is understandable. She shouldn't be praised for her act, but she shouldn't be judged too harshly, either.

Ah, then it would have been okay for my daughters or myself to murder the abusing bitch? Funny thing is we didn't. And even though we all spent years in therapy working on our PTSD we never, not once, took that course of action.

It's sort of a morality thing.

Even worse, she could have escaped easily. The children couldn't because they were minors and the Courts would have given her full custody. I couldn't because I was a man and nobody would believe a thing I said. Especially DCS.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

You are you, and she is she. Nobody knows what went through her head when she cut his dick, and it's more than probable that she was in a very unstable mental state. I'm not condoning or approving, I'm just trying to be understanding.

And yes, DCS sucks. I can't get a good frame rate and it makes my Oculus Rift judder. Fuck that!

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Tribble wrote:Except, of course, modern science has, in fact, there are tremendous differences in 'boy' and 'girl' brains. And they have explanatory power in both behavior and results when it comes to large populations. And all the claiming there is no difference is just horse-shit.
No. There are only "boy brains" and "girl brains" when the goal of the study is to demonstrate that trans* people are more like the sex with which they identify than the sex with which they were born. In all other situations, the idea that brains are sexually dimorphic is false and evil.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tribble wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Yes, her decision wasn't the best course of action, but after years of physical and psychological abuse an extreme irrational reaction caused by extreme emotion is understandable. She shouldn't be praised for her act, but she shouldn't be judged too harshly, either.

Ah, then it would have been okay for my daughters or myself to murder the abusing bitch? Funny thing is we didn't. And even though we all spent years in therapy working on our PTSD we never, not once, took that course of action.

Even worse, she could have escaped easily. The children couldn't because they were minors and the Courts would have given her full custody. I couldn't because I was a man and nobody would believe a thing I said. Especially DCS.
It wouldn't have been "OK" but it can have been an understandable, albeit irrational, reaction to the abuse, especially if the abuse was continuous and particularly heinous. If you were beaten, threatened and raped for years and suddenly you snapped and killed her, or simply cut a part of her body (which is what Lorena did, and while shocking it's still much less than murder), I wouldn't praise you as a hero but I wouldn't condemn your act either.

Abuse can lead people to extreme, irrational reactions against the abusers. Yes, it's better to get the authorities on your side, or simply to escape, but I sympathize much more with an abused person who snaps than with an abuser who is harmed or killed by the people he abused.

I agree with you that the "Women Good, Men Bad" narrative is a load of incredibly harmful bullshit and it needs to be heavily challenged, no matter what the SJWs/radfems say. But while I'm not praising Lorena Bobbitt as a saintly heroine I can understand why she did what she did. Her act was a reaction to what happened to her. It's not like she cut her husband's dick off just because they had an "unhappy relationship".

As I already said before if Jozef Friztl's daughter murdered him in his sleep I would have sympathized with her even if she had a chance to escape without killing him.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Tribble wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

It wouldn't have been "OK" but it can have been an understandable, albeit irrational, reaction to the abuse, especially if the abuse was continuous and particularly heinous. If you were beaten, threatened and raped for years and suddenly you snapped and killed her, or simply cut a part of her body (which is what Lorena did, and while shocking it's still much less than murder), I wouldn't praise you as a hero but I wouldn't condemn your act either.

Abuse can lead people to extreme, irrational reactions against the abusers. Yes, it's better to get the authorities on your side, or simply to escape, but I sympathize much more with an abused person who snaps than with an abuser who is harmed or killed by the people he abused.

I agree with you that the "Women Good, Men Bad" narrative is a load of incredibly harmful bullshit and it needs to be heavily challenged, no matter what the SJWs/radfems say. But while I'm not praising Lorena Bobbitt as a saintly heroine I can understand why she did what she did. Her act was a reaction to what happened to her. It's not like she cut her husband's dick off just because they had an "unhappy relationship".

As I already said before if Jozef Friztl's daughter murdered him in his sleep I would have sympathized with her even if she had a chance to escape without killing him.
I think I'm most annoyed by the hero worship she is receiving from people who condemn IPV and genital mutilation. And Fritzl's daughter didn't have access to a car or a telephone. She was stuck in the hole all day.

On a separate point, why hasn't the mainstream media simply declared that the idiot who made a poop swastika was just being a teenage edgelord? It works for pedophiles, right?

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

I hadn't realized one could get a PhD in Gender Studies/Women's Studies.

Here's a listing of universities (international) that offer graduate degrees (&/or certificates): http://www.gradschools.com/programs/womens-studies

Intro opens with:
Women’s Studies graduate programs can prepare students for a wide range of careers in the public and private sector. Graduate programs in women’s studies are interdisciplinary and focus on how gender roles influence and shape human relations, sexuality, law, the media and education, and public and private policymaking. A women’s studies certificate or degree program can provide coursework and experiences that will help prepare you for careers in these exciting areas.
(...but probably not to become an astronaut...)

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

It's been a year today since Ali's brother was killed. I feel a bit down and thus need a lot of lulz. Do your worst.

Women's studies career choices: burger flipper, university teacher, professional victim, blogger, vlogger, astronaut basher, POTUS...

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

The Washington Post picked up the professor threatening a reporter with violence at the MU student protest. Don't fuck with the press.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... -coverage/

Really?

Post by Really? »

Skep tickle wrote:
I hadn't realized one could get a PhD in Gender Studies/Women's Studies.

Here's a listing of universities (international) that offer graduate degrees (&/or certificates): http://www.gradschools.com/programs/womens-studies

Intro opens with:
Women’s Studies graduate programs can prepare students for a wide range of careers in the public and private sector. Graduate programs in women’s studies are interdisciplinary and focus on how gender roles influence and shape human relations, sexuality, law, the media and education, and public and private policymaking. A women’s studies certificate or degree program can provide coursework and experiences that will help prepare you for careers in these exciting areas.
(...but probably not to become an astronaut...)
Aw, come on. The Astronaut Corps needs at least a few astronauts who have PhDs in women's studies. How else will they be able to identify things on Mars that are sexist?

See? Mars even has a MAN'S face carved into rock.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ropped.jpg

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

katamari Damassi wrote:The Washington Post picked up the professor threatening a reporter with violence at the MU student protest. Don't fuck with the press.
Marginalized populations are not obligated to educate and converse about our experiences
Because the last thing you'd want on the grounds of a university is edufuckingcation.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

John D wrote:
Clarence wrote: I think I see. So the 'brand' of the school -often but not in all cases here - wants to be relevant and hip and so at some schools every intellectual fashion is in danger of being embraced if it is brought to the attention of this Board of Trustees or whatever? And some of the current SJW attacks are made possible only because the 'brand' of the score makes it more vulnerable to those type of attacks, in part because of whatever policies or institutions were set up in the past to attract that brand? In other words, the Virtuous are the easiest to be punished?

Well, if I got this right, that explains some of it for sure. But it doesn't explain all of it. Universities wimped out lots of times in the 70's and 80's before any of the waves of PC got really big and after most of the "Studies" programs had already been accepted. Furthermore wasn't there a conservative backlash (E.G. "The Closing of The American Mind") about then? But I don't recall any Universities putting policies in place to appease or attract conservatives.
I think every generation has its thing. There were tons of young people who loved Ronald Reagan during his presidency. Universities had to market to this generation, so perhaps this drove part of the conservatism you are talking about. Young people actually did get more conservative during this period.
I think your confusion is rooted in a misunderstanding of what college/university presidents do.

My father was a professor at a large state school. I worked and later was a professor at another large agricultural state school. I was also on staff at a small, very elite college for a number of years.

In every case the place was actually run by the various deans (faculty, college of arts and sciences, admissions, etc.). The various presidents had very little to do with the day to day operations, and to the extent they did, it had more to do with long range planning and acting as liaison to the board of regents/trustees/whatever.

No, in every case the main function of the president was fundraising. Outreach to wealthy individual and institutional donors is a big part of this and so is maintaining that "brand". This is why they are paid the big bucks, not for standing on academic principle (or principles of any sort). And it has been this way for a long time.

The second the president (and now the chancellor) of the University of Missouri became a liability in his all-important role as fundraiser he was toast. And perhaps it's just me being cynical, but I suspect it had more to do with the football team strike than the hunger strike. Football programs generate a lot of money for places like the University of Missouri.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Sometimes, you wonder about the legitimacy of the Kent State shootings...

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Really? wrote:
Aw, come on. The Astronaut Corps needs at least a few astronauts who have PhDs in women's studies. How else will they be able to identify things on Mars that are sexist?

See? Mars even has a MAN'S face carved into rock.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ropped.jpg
I'm horrified by your transphobia. How do you know that it's a man's face? It could be a trans woman who NEVER, EVER had a man's face. You filthy TERF.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Sometimes, you wonder about the legitimacy of the Kent State shootings...
Sorry the anniversary of your brother-in-law has got you down, but... Dien Bien Phuck You.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

dog puke wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Sometimes, you wonder about the legitimacy of the Kent State shootings...
Sorry the anniversary of your brother-in-law has got you down, but... Dien Bien Phuck You.
Saigonna be like that, eh?

Billie from Ockham

BoxNDox wrote:I think your confusion is rooted in a misunderstanding of what college/university presidents do.

My father was a professor at a large state school. I worked and later was a professor at another large agricultural state school. I was also on staff at a small, very elite college for a number of years.

In every case the place was actually run by the various deans (faculty, college of arts and sciences, admissions, etc.). The various presidents had very little to do with the day to day operations, and to the extent they did, it had more to do with long range planning and acting as liaison to the board of regents/trustees/whatever.

No, in every case the main function of the president was fundraising. Outreach to wealthy individual and institutional donors is a big part of this and so is maintaining that "brand". This is why they are paid the big bucks, not for standing on academic principle (or principles of any sort). And it has been this way for a long time.

The second the president (and now the chancellor) of the University of Missouri became a liability in his all-important role as fundraiser he was toast. And perhaps it's just me being cynical, but I suspect it had more to do with the football team strike than the hunger strike. Football programs generate a lot of money for places like the University of Missouri.
While there are a few notable exceptions (e.g., Graham Spanier at Penn State until Sandusky), I have the same general beliefs about public university presidents as BoxNDox. I also agree that 99% of what matters to students and faculty is controlled by people beneath the president, such as deans. And I agree that it was the football team that got him fired. The off-the-cuff comment that "systematic oppression is your belief that you don't have equal access" was pretty stupid (as well as wrong), but the threat of no game on Saturday probably did him in.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Really? wrote:I think I'm most annoyed by the hero worship she is receiving from people who condemn IPV and genital mutilation. And Fritzl's daughter didn't have access to a car or a telephone. She was stuck in the hole all day.
The hero worship is indeed exaggerated, but come on, the Bobbitt case is a very different situation from IPV and ritual genital mutilation. Lorena Bobbitt went crazy because she was being hurt and reacted against someone who had hurt her. Was her reaction excessive? Probably yes, in hindsight. Is it impossible to sympathize with her? Definitely no.

Ritual genital mutilation, on the other hand, is done to innocents by bigots just because it's written in a holy book that women are impure and need to be mutilated.

Comparing those two situations is like comparing a Jewish uprising in a concentration camp who also kills some German non-nazi workers who got caught in the middle to the Muslim terrorist attack who killed the Charlie Hebdo journalists.
On a separate point, why hasn't the mainstream media simply declared that the idiot who made a poop swastika was just being a teenage edgelord? It works for pedophiles, right?
Because edgelording is only OK if you later become a SJW.

tina

Post by tina »

Shatterface wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:The Washington Post picked up the professor threatening a reporter with violence at the MU student protest. Don't fuck with the press.
Marginalized populations are not obligated to educate and converse about our experiences
Because the last thing you'd want on the grounds of a university is edufuckingcation.
I think they might all be Yale Plussers..

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

A Jewish survivor of a death camp walks down the street in Berlin.

On the other side of the street, he sees his camp's commander walking nonchalantly.

Infuriated, the Jewish guy crosses the street, yells Hey You! and grabs the Nazi by his collar.

Suddenly he stops and exclaims:

Hey! That's Tweed!

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
dog puke wrote:
Saigonna be like that, eh?
:rimshot:

That's a big Ho Ho Ho... Chi Minh City to you.

tina

Post by tina »

tina wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
I think they might all be Yale Plussers..
Bloody amateurs at Safe Space creation. They need to use Kalashnikovs and IED's and some Barbered Wire.

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:It's been a year today since Ali's brother was killed. I feel a bit down and thus need a lot of lulz. Do your worst.
I saw this at Jerry Coyne's and thought you might like it, Phil.

[youtube]i4N_s98o2GI[/youtube]

:lol:

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Too soon.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Clarence wrote:I've a question and I'd appreciate anyone on the Slymepit who wants to answer and who spent any appreciable amount of time (or at least knows someone who did like a Professor) on a University campus either here or in Europe (though it seems worse here in the USA to me): why are so many Presidents and other high ranking honchos at Universities and colleges (4 year) so wimpy? It seems all it takes - and that its been this way basically since the 1960's - is a student protest or an accusation by an socially prominent outside party and they cave to whatever the demands are. Even people with outside chops who take higher University positions (Lawrence Summers being an example though I think he was poisonous to most faculty at the time of his resignation) seem to behave the same way. Is there something about large Academic environments that encourages the election/appointment of appeasers and go-along-to-get-along types types that I'm missing?
It's an insular, incestuous field. Wolfe knows that if he just falls on the sword here, he'll get another position at another university before long. OTOH, if he rocks the boat, he's dead to them.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Tribble wrote:Ah, then it would have been okay for my daughters or myself to murder the abusing bitch?
No, only to cut off her dick and take it for a ride.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

SkepticalCat wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:It's been a year today since Ali's brother was killed. I feel a bit down and thus need a lot of lulz. Do your worst.
I saw this at Jerry Coyne's and thought you might like it, Phil.

[youtube]i4N_s98o2GI[/youtube]

:lol:
Nonchalant cat is nonchalant.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Fun stuff:

I got down to get some groceries downstairs. Went back to my building (1.5 meters away) struggling with my crutches. Wanted to get back in my building, but was blocked by a group of "youth" (or Tunisian refugees). Same group that has been downstairs for 3 to 4 years. While struggling to open my building's door, I fell down hard. With my crutches. Big laugh ensued from the group. I just spent 5 minutes trying to stand up, gather my crutches and groceries, under the fuckers' laughs, and no one ever came and helped me. I'm in considerable pain now, and a tinsy bit more racist than I used to be.

Should I call immigration?

KenD

Post by KenD »

Soapy Stevens wrote:
Suet Cardigan wrote:The gift that keeps on giving:
The modern left pays too much attention to working class scum and not enough to poor oppressed middle class white women with law degrees! Won't someone think of the poor barristers ...
This is one of those cases where the real account is funnier than the parody. I wonder whether she is part of some fifth-column inserted by the Tories as in the 1980s Alan Bleasdale serial GBH.

I am still waiting for this one though: "I told man begging in street to stop oppressing me with his white male privilege."
This is what I was waiting for, and she didn't disappoint:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ksq8809nip39q ... .jpg?raw=1

Fingers crossed she's busy writing a Guardian article to celebrate these brave successors to the Suffragettes...

feathers

Post by feathers »

I note the SJW stance gets a lot of pushback in the comments, both here and on many other newspaper sites I've seen the last weeks/months. And more often than not, well thought out and well-written.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I'm a motherfucken' P I M P
Attachments
garthlurker.jpg
(57.57 KiB) Downloaded 259 times

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Yes. A philosphy major with a PhD in gender bullshit says that Universities should ban speakers whose claims that cannot be tested.
He wouldn't pose as a certain ape on YouTube, would he? He fits the profile pretty closely.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Cunning Punt wrote:

He wouldn't pose as a certain ape on YouTube, would he? He fits the profile pretty closely.
Nah. I'm following Thunderfoot on Twitter, he retweeted Bewildered Ape's doxxing (a very bad move IMHO) and he looks nothing like Laurie. The name is also different.

[I hope that this isn't considered doxxing. I'm not saying who Bewildered Ape is, just who he isn't)

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

another lurker wrote:
I'm a motherfucken' P I M P
Yay, another lurker is back! How are you doing?

Billie from Ockham

Kirbmarc wrote:[I hope that this isn't considered doxxing. I'm not saying who Bewildered Ape is, just who he isn't)
I don't make the rules, but I'd say that ... as long as you don't do this 7.3 billion more times ... you're not doxxing.

Maybe you ought to stop at 7 billion flat, just to be safe.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:The woman at the end of the video calling for "muscle" has been identified by a CNN reporter as a professor of mass media hysteria at Mizzou.

:bjarte:
FTFY

Billie from Ockham

"Hysteria" is a gendered slur, you penis.

Oops.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

another lurker wrote: I'm a motherfucken' P I M P
Glad to see you're OK
I was beginning to wonder if you were in a shallow grave on Matt Cavanaugh's ranch.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

another lurker has returned! :D

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Please forgive me for what I am about to do...

Here's a link for Steersman

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/201511 ... -languages