Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Parody Accountant

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Parody Accountant »

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... lyours.jpg

Racially Yours - The Frogs

This is their so-called 'most offensive album of all time'.

It was recorded in the very early 90's. They claim to have tried to shop it around to various labels for nearly a decade. It was released in 2000.

The liner notes was a bunch of rejection letters from various labels big and small. Some of them were very concerned, and some were very angry. One guy was upset at their apparent cover of "Gloria" on the demo tape, though it didn't make the album.

These are the track lists.

Track listing[edit]
"Truth"
"Holidays 4 King"
"Sorry I'm White"
"White Guy"
"400 Years"
"Racially Yours"
"Now You Know You're Black"
"White Like Me"
"My Slave"
"Freedom"
"Whitefully Dead"
"BlackMan, BlackMan"
"Full of Monkeys"
"I Had a Dream"
"Revolution"
"Massa"
"Darkmeat 4 Sale"
"The Flag"
"An Unwanted Child & A Wanted Man"
"2 Blacks Don't Make a White"
"The Purification of the Race"
"You're a Bigot"
"The Blue-eyed Devil & Brown-eyed Angel"
"Uncle Sam Loves U"
"Prejudiced"

The lyrics are, as always, stupid. However, he seems to be claiming that he's not racist because "Half the songs are against blacks, the other half are against whites."

But some songs are very SJW. For instance:

[youtube]IXd3oidYYmY[/youtube]

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

In the light of the Paris attacks the US should adopt the metric system in solidarity.

FACT: No two countries who use the metric system ever dropped atom bombs on each other.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Not to mention misogynistic, since the phallic symbol, 1, is "higher" than the yonic symbol, 0.
Gender is not binary - Julie Bindel says so:
Apparently two options =/= binary. :drool:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

feathers wrote: http://i.imgur.com/zIdVMhc.png
It clearly says: "WE [white] FOR JUSTICE". Make of that what you want.
I read 'WE fnord FOR JUSTICE."

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

"we wank for justice"
and worldpeace

Parody Accountant

Ape+lust wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:It's those guys that we mentioned in the pit a while back. "Up your snoot snout" etc...

maybe you missed it.
I miss a lot. I uninstalled Flash a year ago, so I don't see embeds. I have to dig out the code, construct an URL, and enter it into another browser tab to see videos.

"All of them good."

1398 to go. Not bad.
Ah, and I hopped on the laptop just to make sure I did the embed right, not having to chance it on my phone. On my phone, I have a habit of also providing the hard link in case i fuck up the syntax with autocomplete.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Suet Cardigan wrote: Gender is not binary - Julie Bindel says so:
Ah, give me any day an old-school bra-burner over the 5th wave loonies of today. At least the former made sense when they were wrong.

Parody Accountant

Butler and Mizzou should have gone with NASA shirts rather than black power fist.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

[youtube]Jo2j-RvwsSU[/youtube]

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

And I consider Bindel old-school

Parody Accountant

Shatterface wrote:In the light of the Paris attacks the US should adopt the metric system in solidarity.

FACT: No two countries who use the metric system ever dropped atom bombs on each other.
That will no longer be a FACT if we adopt the metric system.

Service dog got us a book on this shit, and soon enough we'll be dropping bombs on you guys with a metric ton payload.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 ... 3,200_.jpg

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Service Dog, thanks for correcting the goofy assumptions over the black guy with the 'shooped/blanked out protest sign.

Accuracy is our byword.

PS. I'll get around to responding to that earlier post. I'm just slow that way.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Dave Muscato became Danielle for the same reason Rachel Dolezal became black: both were raised in an environment where their at-birth ID was devalued, while their trans*ID was idealized.

The difference is, I'd do Rachel Dolezal.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Dave Muscato became Danielle for the same reason Rachel Dolezal became black: both were raised in an environment where their at-birth ID was devalued, while their trans*ID was idealized.

You're shit out of luck, she's only interested in getting on the BBC

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote: The solution is to create simple slogans which contain no oppression. Something along the lines of "Social Justice, good. Shitlords, evil".
socjus doublplus good, shitlord eurasia eastasia doublplus ungood.

BB ftfy. plus good. BB watch you.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

It's so beautiful

[youtube]NKqhqIN3Zc[/youtube]

Really?

Post by Really? »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Dave Muscato became Danielle for the same reason Rachel Dolezal became black: both were raised in an environment where their at-birth ID was devalued, while their trans*ID was idealized.

NO.

Dave was always Danielle and female.

Rachel was always black.

Full stop.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

it's so beautiful

[youtube]-NKqhqIN3Zc[/youtube]

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Turkish soccer fans boo, hiss, and shout allahu ackbar during moment of silence for Paris.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Why nuke one planet, when you can nuke 12?

[youtube]PmAEmuwZY5Q[/youtube]

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Via TFA:

The Space Doctor's Big Idea:

http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/ ... relativity

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Shatterface wrote:Via TFA:

The Space Doctor's Big Idea:

http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/ ... relativity
The "1000 most-used words" format made that an annoying read.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

http://i.imgur.com/xCaHhOu.jpg

Well I learned, a few months ago, that the term 'female bodied', used to refer to people who can get pregnant, is in fact, 'transphobic as fuck' and 'denies people their gender'

The people in question, specifically, are trans women. I was merely following the orders of a well known SJW, when xie told me to use 'female bodied' to refer to those folks who can get pregnant. In my naivete, I assumed, wrongly,that this was an SJW approved term. Well, not every SJW agrees. I was rudely told that I was 'transphobic as fuck' and 'not a trans ally' and 'full of shit'. Once I explained that I was merely following orders, I was told to 'think for myself and research the issue' (oh, the irony) and furthermore, that I had no right to have hurt feelings because the use of terms such as 'female bodied' to refer to people who can get pregnant LITERALLY KILLS TRANS WOMEN. I had to 'shut up and listen' and if I felt at all defensive, or hurt, well, this was just proof of my BIGOTRY.

Yes.

I still couldn't put it together but after some thought I figured it out. Female bodied erases trans women because the phrase suggests that biological femaleness is associated with the ability to get pregnant. Well, trans women are 'real women for sure', even though they can't make babbies. So, it erases them, by implying that femaleness has anything, anything at all to do with the ability to produce ova. Biological femaleness is entirely in the brain. And this is why 'female bodied' literally fucking kills trans women, because those southern bigoted redneck types who beat trans women to death are clearly going to be swayed by such language when they are perusing social justice forums on the intarwebz.

Oh, and the person who accused me of these thought crimes described herself as 'nice' as in "I nicely explained". And she then described me as 'toxic' and "I stay away from toxic people like that", which is hilarious, because she came to a website that I frequent, and chose to attack me, out of the blue.

Then again, she is the same horrible person who tried to destroy someone's life over this:

http://mcclernan.blogspot.ca/2012/06/on ... r-and.html

SJW's, always fighting the good fight.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Meyers is getting thrown around the ring by a commenter who claims to be in a position of employment similar to his, and with a similar history of talent recruitment. And no sign of Cainaji, who is one of the very few remaining Herd members who pops up on every single fucking post. No doubt she is still licking the wounds of the "ooh, we have a real scientist here" debacle.

I have the popcorn out waiting for the response from Meyers to this (Bill Buckner is quoting Meyers):

http://i.imgur.com/rp1q6Ng.png

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-983733
I wonder if it is THIS Bill Buckner:
Bill Buckner serves as President and CEO of The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, Inc., the largest, independent private agricultural research organization in the United States. The Noble Foundation conducts plant and animal science research and sponsors agricultural programs to enhance agricultural productivity regionally, nationally and internationally.
If so, Myers is so fracking far out of his league if he goes against him...

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:Our dear old dog died.

:(
My sympathies.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:Steersman may be interested in Thunderf00t's latest (you'll see why within a few minutes):
[youtube]phA_mGxR4-A[/youtube]
Watching that, I could not help but be reminded of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14ECj4OcCC0

(direct link because, wankily enough, embeds have been disabled for this vid)

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I've yet to see a SJW Jack in his own job to make way for an oppressed minority.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

another lurker wrote: Well I learned, a few months ago, that the term 'female bodied', used to refer to people who can get pregnant, is in fact, 'transphobic as fuck' and 'denies people their gender'

The people in question, specifically, are trans women. I was merely following the orders of a well known SJW, when xie told me to use 'female bodied' to refer to those folks who can get pregnant. In my naivete, I assumed, wrongly,that this was an SJW approved term. Well, not every SJW agrees. I was rudely told that I was 'transphobic as fuck' and 'not a trans ally' and 'full of shit'. Once I explained that I was merely following orders, I was told to 'think for myself and research the issue' (oh, the irony) and furthermore, that I had no right to have hurt feelings because the use of terms such as 'female bodied' to refer to people who can get pregnant LITERALLY KILLS TRANS WOMEN. I had to 'shut up and listen' and if I felt at all defensive, or hurt, well, this was just proof of my BIGOTRY.
[....]
Oh, and the person who accused me of these thought crimes described herself as 'nice' as in "I nicely explained". And she then described me as 'toxic' and "I stay away from toxic people like that", which is hilarious, because she came to a website that I frequent, and chose to attack me, out of the blue.
OK, phew -- it was online. For a moment, I feared you belonged to some bizarre SJW Grange Hall.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Shatterface wrote:I've yet to see a SJW Jack in his own job to make way for an oppressed minority.
Job?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
another lurker wrote: Well I learned, a few months ago, that the term 'female bodied', used to refer to people who can get pregnant, is in fact, 'transphobic as fuck' and 'denies people their gender'

[....]
OK, phew -- it was online. For a moment, I feared you belonged to some bizarre SJW Grange Hall.
It's one reason why I took a break from the internet.

I should have responded with snark, which is all that these idiots deserve, but I was totes 'wha...' 'huh...'' at the time.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Remember that it was Danielle (as Dave) at SK6 (?) who reported having a gun brandished at xim.
Yup.
https://archive.is/o7P0K

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
feathers wrote: http://i.imgur.com/zIdVMhc.png
It clearly says: "WE [white] FOR JUSTICE". Make of that what you want.
I read 'WE fnord FOR JUSTICE."
I'm raising polecats for peace!

Piece? I'd like a piece!

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

A more detailed version of events.
http://columbiafavs.com/2014/01/11/skep ... community/

Funny. I don't recall hearing of this. I must not have been paying attention to the pit at the time.

heddle

Post by heddle »

Special announcement!
If you go to Carrier's blog right now you will see a beautiful sight-- all the recent comments are from Richard Carrier. Every last comment! I have seen it with n-1 Carrier comments before, but never with the unprecedented cosmic alignment of all n.

I have been waiting for such a pure concentration of raw intellect for-- well probably forever. It is a lamb without blemish.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Heddle, what are you talking about? I see lots of comments from lots of people.

heddle

Post by heddle »

John Greg wrote:Heddle, what are you talking about? I see lots of comments from lots of people.
Click on the "recent comments" link. As of right now-- still all Richard Carrier. I have a pic and might post it later if I remember how that's done (where to host the pic).

Apologies if I am the only one who finds this so, so....Carrier.

Dave

Post by Dave »

John Greg wrote:Heddle, what are you talking about? I see lots of comments from lots of people.
Look at the box in the left sidebar.
allcarrier.png
(38.54 KiB) Downloaded 145 times

Dave

Post by Dave »

heddle wrote:
Click on the "recent comments" link. As of right now-- still all Richard Carrier. I have a pic and might post it later if I remember how that's done (where to host the pic).

Apologies if I am the only one who finds this so, so....Carrier.
Nahh, Im kinda amused too.

It almost makes me want to cum on someone's face.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Well, to be fair, that's only really because of his approach to reading and responding to comments. He generally only reviews his comments once or so every week or so, and then responds. So, really, it's a false appearance of him being the only commentor, or summat.

I do not like Carrier, and I think he's a moron, but if anyone here only read the comments once a week or so, and then responded to them all with a series of back to back posts the same thing would happen -- if you see what I mean.

And it would be meaningless.

Dave

Post by Dave »

John Greg wrote:Well, to be fair, that's only really because of his approach to reading and responding to comments. He generally only reviews his comments once or so every week or so, and then responds. So, really, it's a false appearance of him being the only commentor, or summat.

I do not like Carrier, and I think he's a moron, but if anyone here only read the comments once a week or so, and then responded to them all with a series of back to back posts the same thing would happen -- if you see what I mean.

And it would be meaningless.
In that light, its more of a sense of the slow pace of comments on his blog than anything else. Still amusing to see.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

How are the pitters in WA state?

http://www.king5.com/story/weather/2015 ... /75869650/
(10 p.m.) More than 370,000 customers without power across the region at peak of storm. Puget Sound Energy reports 169,000 outages at this hour; Snohomish PUD reports 150,000 without power
Many roads are closed due to trees and wires down
The storm came through here last night. 60km/h winds. I decided to go for a hike up one of the local bluffs and was almost knocked off the thing.

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

We were without power for 6 hours, forced to eat ice cream, listen to piano and play Clue by firelight.
And THEN fucking WAVE Broadband took another 6 hours to come back up.

I am setting up a patreon, gofundme, and anti-harassment video series.

John D

Post by John D »

Tribble wrote:
Guestus Aurelius wrote:Our dear old dog died.

:(
My sympathies.
So sorry. I have only had my little ass-hole mutt for about two months, but I love him so much. All my best to you.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Taking a lunch break before I get back on the tractor, and working in dribs & drabs on a transcript of the crucifixion of Q&A session with Mark Schierbecker.

Audience Diatribe Question #1:
Diane Burkholder, co-moderator Kansas City Free Thinkers, cunt wrote:So, this was a closed Q&A that was not open to people of color to actually address. So what I want to know why people of color were not given space and why this was scripted. I appreciate you coming up here but I also want to know a Q&A is a question and answer, it’s not a dialog.
Danielle Muscato wrote: ... I apologize for .... I also apologize for.... I admit that that is a problem.... We are available to record & post to youtube or whatever method you would like.... I apologize for ....
Diane Burkholder wrote:I hear that. I just have one comment. If the point is to uplift and validate the perspective that you honor the black students — particularly the black students of Mizzou, I find it highly problematic that the point of THIS is to uplift your narrative as a white male entering a black space and then having - I’m sorry - the audacity to file a lawsuit about assault as a white person. You were assaulted when black people are dying every day in the streets and we can’t even get a police officer to be indicted and you all have the audacity to fight against another white woman? If you’re going to uplift black people, uplift that, and don’t make this about yourself and what you you want to do in this [part?] The point is to uplift black people. Do that.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:
Service Dog wrote:If Dave Muscato stopped playing bass, stopped atheist activism, stopped attaching himself to lefty causes...
I don't think there would be much demand for an short bald fat hairy dumpy man... with no money, status, & not much goin' on.

I've got it better than Muscato does in unearned ways-- like being tall & not-bald. But I do feel like my value is based on my utility + how much I make a spectacle of myself. Otherwise I fade into obscurity.

I interpret this the way MRAs do-- the 'disposable male', 'gynocentricism', winner-take-all masculinity.

I speculate that Muscato's interpretation of his predicament... isn't so far-off from mine. But his strategy is to become Danielle.
Is he trying to ditch his male worthlessness, be valued as an honorary female? Be valued as a victim? Trade his individual identity for membership in an identity group?

I keep trying to put myself in his shoes, find some way that I can imagine arriving where he did.
I think he's a legit trans, not a gimmick.

Mama dave is really screaming dysphoria.

I know we're all fooled by his beard and tux, thinking he's simply trying for attention. That's true too. But really, she's just, well, stupid.

She's so dumb that she doesn't even realize that she jumped the gun by announcing her new identity as "established". Perhaps she thought that this exposure would rapidly propel her to financial success - in order to pay for the treatments?

I mean, a head's up announcement of "going trans" is a good thing. a heads up announcement of "I've ALREADY transitioned, it's Danielle! "

I really think she's just stupid.

You're right about her needing to be a spectacle, but I don't see anything evil with that. Every class needs a clown, and every office has a milton.

play your part.
This was probably already asked but did Muscato announce his new identity just prior to losing his job with AA? Could it have been an effort to shame hem into keeping him on?
Joined them in Feb 2013. Came out in Nov 2014. Left May 2015 I believe, as a result of this reorg http://news.atheists.org/2015/05/27/reorganize/

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Suet Cardigan wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:
Not to mention misogynistic, since the phallic symbol, 1, is "higher" than the yonic symbol, 0.
Gender is not binary - Julie Bindel says so:
Haha! What a fuckwit!

Someone should point that out to her.

Guest_27324df6

Post by Guest_27324df6 »

Why should anyone be surprised at the barbaric rural redneck faction of turks currently supporting the islamist party in power boo'ing a minute of silence for the Paris attacks? Just the most "secular" and "modern" muslim majority country on the planet.
Remember the Ankara terrorist suicide bombing? The one hypocritical idiot dhimmi leftist westerners are whining no one cared about in the west, in order to shame and guilt the people daring to show support for the parisian victims? Exact same thing happened. They can't even respect a minute of silence for their own countrymen, ethnic loathing for everyone not turk (or even "traitor" turks) is endemic and practically government policy:

Should just separate separate Thrace and Izmir from the the rest of backward anatolian cunts, the only places that aren't yet completely taken over by religious fanatics.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

deLurch wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Remember that it was Danielle (as Dave) at SK6 (?) who reported having a gun brandished at xim.
Yup.
How dare Muscato press charges for merely having a loaded pistol pointed at him/ when black people are being shot?!

White tears.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Diane Burkholder wrote:I hear that. I just have one comment. If the point is to uplift and validate the perspective that you honor the black students — particularly the black students of Mizzou, I find it highly problematic that the point of THIS is to uplift your narrative as a white male entering a black space and then having - I’m sorry - the audacity to file a lawsuit about assault as a white person. You were assaulted when black people are dying every day in the streets and we can’t even get a police officer to be indicted and you all have the audacity to fight against another white woman? If you’re going to uplift black people, uplift that, and don’t make this about yourself and what you you want to do in this [part?] The point is to uplift black people. Do that.
First off, Dear Muslima...

But I wonder if Rebecca Watson bitching about Coffee Guy would have gone down as well this year now that black bodies literally being gunned down literally on every corner?

There are hierarchies of oppression and Poop Nazis have driven college rape out of the headlines.

Feminism now comes a poor third behind transactivism.

I'd love to see her try her shit again.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Service Dog wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Yup.
How dare Muscato press charges for merely having a loaded pistol pointed at him/ when black people are being shot?!

White tears.
That security note was 1 day before Dave's coming out post.

The experience must have resulted in the involuntary retraction of his balls.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Service Dog wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Yup.

White tears.
Being threatened with a gun is the worst kind of cultural appropriation.

Parody Accountant

Guest_0048cc29 wrote:We were without power for 6 hours, forced to eat ice cream, listen to piano and play Clue by firelight.
And THEN fucking WAVE Broadband took another 6 hours to come back up.

I am setting up a patreon, gofundme, and anti-harassment video series.
Hahaha

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Taking a lunch break before I get back on the tractor, and working in dribs & drabs on a transcript of the crucifixion of Q&A session with Mark Schierbecker.

Audience Diatribe Question #1:
Diane Burkholder, co-moderator Kansas City Free Thinkers, cunt wrote:So, this was a closed Q&A that was not open to people of color to actually address. So what I want to know why people of color were not given space and why this was scripted. I appreciate you coming up here but I also want to know a Q&A is a question and answer, it’s not a dialog.
Danielle Muscato wrote: ... I apologize for .... I also apologize for.... I admit that that is a problem.... We are available to record & post to youtube or whatever method you would like.... I apologize for ....
Why was this level of unmitigated racist idiocy tolerated?

Why did no-one stand up to this hateful bigot?

Why did the audience's skepticism suddenly go out of the window when it was a WoC talking?

(These are of course rhetorical questions.)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I note it was a "semi automatic" pistol as opposed to one of those single shot ones (or the newer handguns designed to fire at 550 rpm on full auto).

Parody Accountant

Service Dog wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Yup.

White tears.
What was outcome of the case?

I'm not clicking

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

What an amazing coincidence that the primary controversy in each of the last two skepticons have swirled around Mx. Muscato.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Apparently they've already rechristened 27th November 'Black Friday'.

How many more concessions do we have to make to campus crybabies?

Parody Accountant

fuzzy wrote:What an amazing coincidence that the primary controversy in each of the last two skepticons have swirled around Mx. Muscato.
I think she skipped last year.

She won skepticalmania VI and VIII

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Gun = 6, Auto-kid bashing = 8. 7 was a rest break.