That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

No.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Guest_0048cc29 wrote:mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/transgender-girl-says-rejected-straight-6857022
Transgender girl says she is rejected by straight guys for 'having male parts'

Young Claire is joined by Devon, Arin and Katie for BBC Three's Young, Trans and Looking for Love and give eye-opening accounts of rejection, bullying and suicide attempts

Transgender teens Claire, Devon, Arin and Katie have set out to expose the harsh reality of modern, teen relationships.

Appearing in a new BBC Three documentary, Young, Trans and Looking for Love, they let viewers see a glimpse of their lives as they struggle to find love.

In the video above, Claire takes to the beach in a bikini for the first time - having avoided the moment (and a bikini) since she transitioned to female nearly a year ago.

With the help of her friends, she builds up courage to speak to boys, saying: "I'm excited as there are a lot of cute guys out there."

"What kind of guys are you into?" the beach boys ask, as Claire replies about her ideal type, revealing "I like the guys who are really funny."

As the bikini-wearers find out the intentions of the boys, asking of they're "cute", the keen boys instantly reply with comments like "most definitely" and "gorgeous".

One boy even asks: "We should hook up sometimes."

Another says: "So I should put you in here [his phone] as 'beautiful'?"

The boys, who were originally attracted to Claire, did not call after finding out that she is trans.

"That's it, silence," says Claire. "Like nothing from them again."

Hoping on finding a boyfriend, she reveals that she doesn't like telling people the truth and is desperate for an operation.

She says: "In a lot of ways, I don't like telling a guy. Once I tell him all respect goes out of the window.

"Straight guys just can't get over you having the male parts.

"Once I've had or get the surgery, I think it will change a lot for me because right now if I meet a straight guy and he doesn't know - we can't get physical if I don't tell him.

"And then if he finds out, things just get so complicated, I can't even begin to explain."
You know, I feel for them. For most, sorting out relationships in your teen years is hard. If youre not the prom queen or the QB, theres a lot of rejection to begin with. For someone who is trans, its got to be a fucking nightmare.

At the same time, most guys dont want a chick with a dick. SJW's want to make it out like that is some problem that guys should feel guilty about, which is bullshit. If you are good with being with a girl that as a flute and cymbals, great, if youre not, thats gottta be fine too, we all get to decide what floats our boats. And if youre a type that few people are interested in, well, that sucks and you have my sympathy, but dont expect the world to change for you.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Guest_0048cc29 wrote:mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/transgender-girl-says-rejected-straight-6857022
Transgender girl says she is rejected by straight guys for 'having male parts'

Young Claire is joined by Devon, Arin and Katie for BBC Three's Young, Trans and Looking for Love and give eye-opening accounts of rejection, bullying and suicide attempts

Transgender teens Claire, Devon, Arin and Katie have set out to expose the harsh reality of modern, teen relationships.

Appearing in a new BBC Three documentary, Young, Trans and Looking for Love, they let viewers see a glimpse of their lives as they struggle to find love.

In the video above, Claire takes to the beach in a bikini for the first time - having avoided the moment (and a bikini) since she transitioned to female nearly a year ago.

With the help of her friends, she builds up courage to speak to boys, saying: "I'm excited as there are a lot of cute guys out there."

"What kind of guys are you into?" the beach boys ask, as Claire replies about her ideal type, revealing "I like the guys who are really funny."

As the bikini-wearers find out the intentions of the boys, asking of they're "cute", the keen boys instantly reply with comments like "most definitely" and "gorgeous".

One boy even asks: "We should hook up sometimes."

Another says: "So I should put you in here [his phone] as 'beautiful'?"

The boys, who were originally attracted to Claire, did not call after finding out that she is trans.

"That's it, silence," says Claire. "Like nothing from them again."

Hoping on finding a boyfriend, she reveals that she doesn't like telling people the truth and is desperate for an operation.

She says: "In a lot of ways, I don't like telling a guy. Once I tell him all respect goes out of the window.

"Straight guys just can't get over you having the male parts.

"Once I've had or get the surgery, I think it will change a lot for me because right now if I meet a straight guy and he doesn't know - we can't get physical if I don't tell him.

"And then if he finds out, things just get so complicated, I can't even begin to explain."
You know, I feel for them. For most, sorting out relationships in your teen years is hard. If youre not the prom queen or the QB, theres a lot of rejection to begin with. For someone who is trans, its got to be a fucking nightmare.

At the same time, most guys dont want a chick with a dick. SJW's want to make it out like that is some problem that guys should feel guilty about, which is bullshit. If you are good with being with a girl that as a flute and cymbals, great, if youre not, thats gottta be fine too, we all get to decide what floats our boats. And if youre a type that few people are interested in, well, that sucks and you have my sympathy, but dont expect the world to change for you.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Lsuoma wrote:
Cnutella wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:Dogen, if I got naked inside a naked singularity, would my white hole cancel out the black hole, or would a doublularity form, with two event horizons?
Kind of like a galactic Goatse.sx?
http://gumbercules.com/Images/spacehole.jpg
That's beautiful. How do I cite this in APA format? Asking for a friend.

Parody Accountant

Billy The Hillbilly wrote:"attractive FTB blogger"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... istina.jpg

ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND EVERYBODY! :pray: :| :lol:
That's not zvan wearing Christina glasses?

It's like the clark kent disguise, right? That's not really...?!? :fpig:

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Tinder needs to stop acting like there are only two genders. Apparently Tinder is transphobic because women like Danielle Muscato can't stick their pic in women's section, as that would constitute false advertising

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... wo-genders

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

katamari Damassi wrote:I'm the victim of polyamory guys. I've been seeing this guy mostly long distance but we've gotten together a few times and since my job situation sucks-and will likely continue to as long as I live in my current city-we talked about me moving and staying with him while I looked for work, and the two of us getting more serious about the relationship. I know that sounds like we're lesbians. Yesterday though, I was informed that he had another LDR with a European dude(whom he has never met in RL)20 years my junior. I'll call the guy I was seeing B and the young European K. B is a few years older than me putting him in his mid 50's. B started online chatting with K a few months before he met me, but it was mostly friendly chat. B said that K was not relationship material because he wanted monogamy. A couple of months after meeting me that changed and K stepped up his interest in B and put open relationships(with conditions)on the table. Did I mention that B has money? B told me he's meeting K for a week down in Miami. I was like "ok. Get your brains fucked out and then tell me all about it." I've got no problems with open relationships. I've seen the kids FB page and he is hot looking, but also with a whiff of crazy. That's when B dropped the bomb on me. He wants to seek out a serious relationship with K and if it works out then I can be his secondary. I told him to fuck off. If I were younger I might give it a go. If I were the primary or whatever the fuck they call it I might give it a go. But I'm too old to waste my time being the emergeny back up boyfriend for when he finally gets bored with K. I guess it's good this happened only a few months in, but combined with my current job/living situation I'm kind of feeling down about it.
Did I do the right thing?
I'll agree with everyone else, that does not sound like a relationship you would want to be in. I hope you feel better soon.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

I'm liking this AdBlock browser. Peeking at FfTB and Patheos on my Android phone had become almost unbearable.

Soapy Stevens

Post by Soapy Stevens »

Dave wrote:At the same time, most guys dont want a chick with a dick. SJW's want to make it out like that is some problem that guys should feel guilty about, which is bullshit. If you are good with being with a girl that as a flute and cymbals, great, if youre not, thats gottta be fine too, we all get to decide what floats our boats. And if youre a type that few people are interested in, well, that sucks and you have my sympathy, but dont expect the world to change for you.
This is where trans people (plus everyone one else under the rainbow) are being failed by the hardcore transactivists "I'm a laydeee, how very dare you suggest otherwise you lousy TERF!!!" The apparent volume of shemale pr0n suggests there are plenty of people want boobs+flute, but that they want to know that's what they're getting.

The activists bleat on about non-binary but ruthlessly enforce the "there are but two genders, there is no other reality". The irony is how they come into conflict with the radfems who profess that gender is purely a social construct unless you were born a bloke, in which case you are permanently male by virtue of your biology.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

KiwiInOz wrote:I'm sorry. I've tried. I've honestly tried. But there is no way I can think about or refer to Muscato as a woman or use feminine pronouns. I don't care what name s/h/it wants to use for s/h/itself - Daniel - Danielle - whatever. If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.
So long as Muscato asks to be accepted as a woman while still presenting as a burly, deep-voiced, hirsute man, with a full bears & male pattern baldness, dressed in men's clothes, xe cannot be an effective publicist. For all that will inevitably draw all attention away from Muscato's clients and on to ximself.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

KiwiInOz wrote:I'm sorry. I've tried. I've honestly tried. But there is no way I can think about or refer to Muscato as a woman or use feminine pronouns. I don't care what name s/h/it wants to use for s/h/itself - Daniel - Danielle - whatever. If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.
So long as Muscato asks to be accepted as a woman while still presenting as a burly, deep-voiced, hirsute man, with a full bears & male pattern baldness, dressed in men's clothes, xe cannot be an effective publicist. For all that will inevitably draw all attention away from Muscato's clients and on to ximself.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
The labels I currently use for myself are queer, gay, femme, and homoflexible. (Basically, I’m a lesbian with exceptions.) The label bisexual doesn’t work for me right now, but I consider myself part of the broader bi+ umbrella of people with the capacity to love and desire people of more than one gender. My gender is ???. My pronouns are she/her or they/theirs, with extra warm fuzzies when you use they. I’m on the asexual spectrum somewhere, probably demi or gray-A, which means (among other things) that I don’t experience primary sexual attraction. I also identify as solo poly, which means that I’m open to multiple committed and loving relationships, but with minimal life enmeshment and no “rules” placed on me.
What do you want, a cookie?

It's remarkable how people who think their sexuality is interesting are always so fucking boring.

:sleeping-blue: :sleeping-sleep: :sleeping-sleeping: :sleeping-yellow:
I'd love to meet one of these muppets in real life, so I could see the look on xer face when, after regaling me with what a polyamorous genderfluid bi brony homoflexible xhe is, I say, 'Yeah? Well I just like titty.'

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Why are so many trans women lesbian?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

AndrewV69 wrote: I dunno. Someone chip in and inform me how this works? Because I certainly have no experience with this "counselor" business and now that I really think about it perhaps this is normal?

I am serious here. Perhaps some Pitter who knows what the real deal is can help me out?
Miri will need to complete her masters and then get certified to become a licensed therapist. What she means by "counselor" -- a term some folks use as a synonym for 'therapist' -- is uncertain. "Starting her career" could be glorified "working on her masters", or she could be volunteering in some informal capacity for a local SJW genderfluid group.

She seems quite smart, so should be able to complete her studies and pass the certification process. Then she can start a practice, telling shitty parents to allow their three year-olds to transition, and assuring Danielle Muscatos that it's the evil world's, not their, fault that everyone mis-pronouns xir.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Suet Cardigan wrote:We may have lost Godfrey Elfwick, but at least we still have Charlotte Proudman:
Quoting Andrea Dworkin: Charlotte Proudflesh' war on reality.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

another lurker wrote:Why are so many trans women lesbian?
Perhaps it has something to do with their paraphilic tendency to be sexually aroused by the thought or image of themselves as a woman. Yo know, love of oneself as a woman. If I knew greek, I'd coin a term for it.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Perhaps it has something to do with their paraphilic tendency to be sexually aroused by the thought or image of themselves as a woman. Yo know, love of oneself as a woman. If I knew greek, I'd coin a term for it.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... BI)_06.jpg

Parody Accountant

Is It The autovaginalword?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

http://m.mic.com/articles/74169/trans-w ... .jGaaHmeQn
However, the reality for many of us is that we continue to be in relationships with women after we transition. That's because we're not only trans; we're also bisexual, lesbian or other versions of queer. In what is perhaps the most comprehensive survey of trans people ever done, researches asked the almost 3,000 trans women who responded what they identified with in terms of sexuality. Fully two-thirds identified as lesbian, bisexual or queer
Wow. 2/3rds. That sure is a lot. Are 2/3rds of cis women also lesbians? (Well, the citations that I post here sure are).

Funny how lesbianism and what not seems to conveniently coincide with being trans and keeping your dick. And beard. And muscles.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

another lurker wrote:http://m.mic.com/articles/74169/trans-w ... .jGaaHmeQn
However, the reality for many of us is that we continue to be in relationships with women after we transition. That's because we're not only trans; we're also bisexual, lesbian or other versions of queer. In what is perhaps the most comprehensive survey of trans people ever done, researches asked the almost 3,000 trans women who responded what they identified with in terms of sexuality. Fully two-thirds identified as lesbian, bisexual or queer
Wow. 2/3rds. That sure is a lot. Are 2/3rds of cis women also lesbians? (Well, the citations that I post here sure are).

Funny how lesbianism and what not seems to conveniently coincide with being trans and keeping your dick. And beard. And muscles.
And remember - if a cis-lesbian refuses you sex, it's cos she's a transphobe. So don't be transphobic, cis-lesbians, cos that's like the worst thing like evah!

http://i.imgur.com/1ZU5tHt.png

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

katamari Damassi wrote:
You did the right thing.
I'm glad you were strong enough to do it, instead of going-along with something you knew was too shitty-- simply because it was a Known Quantity, vs. choosing the dreaded Unknown. The Unknown won't stay unknown.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

And why are trans women so violent? In their rhetoric, anyway.

Every trans man that I have met online has argued for mature , reasonable discourse. Meanwhile, trans women and their defenders are telling people to "fuck off and die". Even trans women are threatening other TW with death (aoife).

I dont quite buy the argument that such behaviour is justified because TW have more trouble passing as the opposite sex. Clearly, many don't even care if they do.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Suet Cardigan wrote:
Soapy Stevens wrote:
Suet Cardigan wrote:We may have lost Godfrey Elfwick, but at least we still have Charlotte Proudman:
The Poe is strong in CRProudman.

As a lawyer, she is aware of Roe vs Wade, right? Or has she recently arrived from some parallel universe?
She's English, so Roe vs Wade isn't relevant. Even so, it was David Steel who introduced the act of Parliament that made abortion legal in England.
Hashtag #America

Probably relevant to her 'points.'

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Watching that Ben Shapiro talk was a good reminder of why it's so important to me that the Left reject its growing SJW wing. Yes, he absolutely destroys these fascists, and it's worth watching just for that, but my FSM do we have some profound and fundamental differences!

He's against gay marriage (though, to be fair, would prefer that the government stay out of "marriage" altogether), he's against abortion even in the case of rape, and when push comes to shove he isn't really much of a First Amendment champion (e.g., he thinks that local governments should be able to ban pornography, and he thinks that flag-burning should be illegal). His whole approach is clearly informed by his religious beliefs and a fuzzy concept of collective good that he applies only selectively. You could say that he's a part-time individualist.

On the other hand, he's honest and fearless, and I have to admire him for that. Also, I'm delighted that he was able to express his conservative views at Mizzou without interruption. Isn't it better to actually hear what your political opponents believe, rather than to pretend they don't exist? Isn't it worth understanding where they're coming from, at the very least so that you can use common ground as a launchpad for persuasion?

Oh, and Mark Schierbecker makes an appearance during the Q&A.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

katamari Damassi wrote:I'm the victim of polyamory guys. I've been seeing this guy mostly long distance but we've gotten together a few times and since my job situation sucks-and will likely continue to as long as I live in my current city-we talked about me moving and staying with him while I looked for work, and the two of us getting more serious about the relationship. I know that sounds like we're lesbians. Yesterday though, I was informed that he had another LDR with a European dude(whom he has never met in RL)20 years my junior. I'll call the guy I was seeing B and the young European K. B is a few years older than me putting him in his mid 50's. B started online chatting with K a few months before he met me, but it was mostly friendly chat. B said that K was not relationship material because he wanted monogamy. A couple of months after meeting me that changed and K stepped up his interest in B and put open relationships(with conditions)on the table. Did I mention that B has money? B told me he's meeting K for a week down in Miami. I was like "ok. Get your brains fucked out and then tell me all about it." I've got no problems with open relationships. I've seen the kids FB page and he is hot looking, but also with a whiff of crazy. That's when B dropped the bomb on me. He wants to seek out a serious relationship with K and if it works out then I can be his secondary. I told him to fuck off. If I were younger I might give it a go. If I were the primary or whatever the fuck they call it I might give it a go. But I'm too old to waste my time being the emergeny back up boyfriend for when he finally gets bored with K. I guess it's good this happened only a few months in, but combined with my current job/living situation I'm kind of feeling down about it.
I think it's a good call. I wouldn't be anywhere near as flexible about it as you because I'm very strictly monogamous. But even if I was poly, I could see where this kind of thing could go... And it wouldn't be pretty.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

another lurker wrote:And why are trans women so violent? In their rhetoric, anyway.

Every trans man that I have met online has argued for mature , reasonable discourse. Meanwhile, trans women and their defenders are telling people to "fuck off and die". Even trans women are threatening other TW with death (aoife).

I dont quite buy the argument that such behaviour is justified because TW have more trouble passing as the opposite sex. Clearly, many don't even care if they do.

I have noticed the same thing. It first came to my attention when I was browsing through XOJane and came across an article by Brianna Wu on GamerGate. At this point, I didn't know anything about Brianna Wu and had no idea she was trans. I noticed immediately that the tone of the article was completely at odds with anything I'd ever read on a feminist site before - aside from the pronouns and female identifiers, it read like a piece written by an aggressively angry guy.
They threatened the wrong woman this time. I am the Godzilla of bitches. I have a backbone of pure adamantium, and I’m sick of seeing them abuse my friends....

..I have to be honest. A mob telling you they will castrate your husband, make you choke to death on the parts, murder any children you might have and then rape your ass until it bleeds has a way of scaring the hell out of you.

But, you know, because I am the Godzilla of bitches, by Saturday morning I was pissed off. I’m talking Jack Bauer pissed off. So, I decided I was going to do everything in my power to stop these fuckers...

....Gamergate, I have one message for you so listen up.

When you take your last dying breath, I want you to know this. It was an absolute pleasure knocking you on your ass for the fine women in this field.
http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me ... -gamergate

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
I disagree.
A stumpy white man with a perpetual 5o'clock shadow in a necktie & animal-print dress
can do effective pr for black & gay causes.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2014 ... ebbles.jpg

Yabba-dabba-do.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Parody Accountant wrote: Yes.

You can't compete with young boy pussy anyway, if that's enough to push you out of the emotional copilot chair... he didn't deserve to have you there in the first place.

Sorry, you must feel like shit.

Also, I am not a lawyer.
I'm surprised at how much I do feel like shit.
Thanks to all for the validation though.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

And just a small observation, from an admittedly small sample size, but of the women and lesbians that I have seen defending TW, on various SJW sites, in a similar nasty, violent manner, are all unattractive 400+ lb women. Not to fat shame or anything, because there is nothing wrong with that, but yes, I have observed that hot thin bitches tend not to date TW and screech "die cis scum" whereas lesbian fat activists tend to revel in the violent rhetoric.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

katamari Damassi wrote:

You can't compete with young boy pussy anyway, if that's enough to push you out of the emotional copilot chair... he didn't deserve to have you there in the first place.

Also, I am not a lawyer.
You made the right decision.

Pouncetugs.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

katamari Damassi wrote:

Also, I am not a lawyer.
Well, yeah, you just got B-listed and lost a relationship and a low-risk opportunity to improve your life. Shafted in Love and Life. Really kind of sucks. I wish it would have been otherwise.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

:think:
Service Dog wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
I disagree.
A stumpy white man with a perpetual 5o'clock shadow in a necktie & animal-print dress

Yabba-dabba-do.
https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=htt ... barney.jpg
Perhaps the key is for xir to just stop wearing trousers.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

katamari Damassi wrote:

Also, I am not a lawyer.
Maybe you need a change of scenery, KD? Upstate New York has sadly few opportunities these days and the winters suck. That last one in particular was the pits.

katamari Damassi

Cunning Punt wrote:
Maybe you need a change of scenery, KD? Upstate New York has sadly few opportunities these days and the winters suck. That last one in particular was the pits.
Actually, I've been in Ohio the past couple of years. Not that opportunities or weather is much better here. In fact day light saving time really seems to be effecting me this year. Not sure why it would be worse now. But it gets dark by 5PM and suddenly I don't want to do anything but veg out in front of the computer. I hate it because I have shit to get done.

katamari Damassi

I got an apologetic message from B. He said that it was of a because miscommunication and that he didn't think I was as serious as I turned out to be. While that has some merit, I'm still not going back. On the pus side, he's arranging something with a friend of his where I could stay at her place in Florida over the summer while I looked for work there. She'll be gone and I would be taking care of her cats. Not sure if I'd take him up on that but at least it's an option.

KenD

Post by KenD »

AndrewV69 wrote:Apparently Miri recently started writing for Everyday Feminism
Looks like a good fit for a member of the FtB crowd...

The latest post right now on Everyday Feminism:

3 Exciting Ways Witchcraft and Feminism Intersect by tumblr trans-witch Kris Nelson
Now, many folks with a more narrow view of feminism don’t consider the medical industrial complex in their politics. However, it can’t be denied that the medical industry is just as much a site for racism, transphobia, homophobia, sexism, fatphobia, and ableism as any other institution of systemic oppression.

But because since medicine is shrouded under the guise of healing and science, its practices are often deemed “unbiased” (which is silly since nothing can be truly objective, I think).

Because the medical industrial complex is a site of systemic oppression, my spirituality and my politics demand that I find alternatives. It is here that witchcraft can help us find different avenues towards holistic healing outside of the medical industrial complex.
Here xe is modelling a home made Dianic crescent moon head band - used to unleash inner clairvoyance when communing with the spirit world:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwr538bbzd155 ... .jpg?raw=1

Available soon from xir online store.

Surly Amy eat your heart out.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

AndrewV69 wrote:3 Exciting Ways Witchcraft and Feminism Intersect
I can't-quite pinpoint why witchcraft is the perfect 'intersectional' punchline.

Why wouldn't any-other '3 exciting ways _______ and Feminism Intersect' be nearly as funny?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

katamari Damassi wrote:I got an apologetic message from B. He said that it was of a because miscommunication and that he didn't think I was as serious as I turned out to be. While that has some merit, I'm still not going back. On the pus side, he's arranging something with a friend of his where I could stay at her place in Florida over the summer while I looked for work there. She'll be gone and I would be taking care of her cats. Not sure if I'd take him up on that but at least it's an option.

Florida is full of nothing but Cubans, yankess, and fa............actually you should take them up on that offer.

:shifty:

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Tigzy wrote:In other news - Bahar Mustafa has resigned from her position of welfare and diversity officer at Goldsmiths, after allegations of bullying and harassment: http://www.smithsmagazine.co.uk/2015/11 ... n-updates/

I'm sure she'll soon find a job befitting her qualifications and experience. The sad news is that some poor shoppers are going to have to deal with a right surly ASDA checkout girl.
Hmmm....
Mustafa explained how she is confident that the independent investigation “will expose what has been really going on and shed light on the structural issues which have led to the mental and physical breakdown of all the sabbatical officers”.
Gee, they are all innocent victims, suffering mental and physical maladies. How....convenient. It's not their fault!
(eta - bolding mine)

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

But because since medicine is shrouded under the guise of healing and science, its practices are often deemed “unbiased” (which is silly since nothing can be truly objective, I think).

So, some querstions:

1. What is "since medicine"? Is that anything like quince jam?

2. When did healing and science become a shrouded guise? Or do they mean "guys"? Patriacrhy, doncha know.

3. Does Kris Nelson know how to tie s/h/it's own shoes?

4. Is Kris Nelson allowed out at night unsupervised?

... :think:

5. How do people like this survive?

I think this (everyday feminism) is a good place for Miri.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Reminds me of that black guy in House MD who was prescribed medicine targeted at black people. He thought it was racist drugs.

katamari Damassi

I might have been wrong about Hemant turning FA into Pharyngula 2.0. He's featured a few good posts about regressive leftists defending Islam in the wake of terrorist attacks and it's starting to piss off some of the hordelets in the comments sections. There's comments along the lines of: "As I've noted before, I think this so-called "regressive left" is much smaller than its critics acknowledge." accompanied by apologism for islam and equivocation with conservative christianity.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I noticed this is coming up for auction in London soon: does anyone know if there is a Pit member who might be interested?

http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/eca ... ot.39.html

Estimate is $20-30,000

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

"Transgender girl says she is rejected by straight guys for 'having male parts"

In a way, the t-girl is having a 'male' problem.
She can't-just passively =be= attractive, like a girl, and let guys do all the courtship work.
She's gotta =do= stuff to get guys, the way guys have to hustle to win-over girls.

So she might be better-served by using 'male' strategies, or advice-for-guys, like Pick-Up Artist lore.
She might be better off seeking advice from guys-- who face similar predicaments-- than from girls.

If I'm right, then she faces a choice-- whether to be exactly-like a girl, doomed to fail.
vs.
make concessions to being somewhat-like a guy, in exchange for a payoff.

If she or her advocates =demand= that guys accommodate her, well, that's certainly acting Just Like A Woman.
Minus the trump card which causes guys to accept the demand.

As-for whether her artificial pussy will change anything.

For me, it would have to pass the Turing test. Rayshul Turing.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Phil, I'll take two, please.

x_?_x

Post by x_?_x »

KenD wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:Apparently Miri recently started writing for Everyday Feminism
Looks like a good fit for a member of the FtB crowd...

The latest post right now on Everyday Feminism:

3 Exciting Ways Witchcraft and Feminism Intersect by tumblr trans-witch Kris Nelson
Now, many folks with a more narrow view of feminism don’t consider the medical industrial complex in their politics. However, it can’t be denied that the medical industry is just as much a site for racism, transphobia, homophobia, sexism, fatphobia, and ableism as any other institution of systemic oppression.

Because the medical industrial complex is a site of systemic oppression, my spirituality and my politics demand that I find alternatives. It is here that witchcraft can help us find different avenues towards holistic healing outside of the medical industrial complex.
Here xe is modelling a home made Dianic crescent moon head band - used to unleash inner clairvoyance when communing with the spirit world:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwr538bbzd155 ... .jpg?raw=1

Available soon from xir online store.

Surly Amy eat your heart out.
That's not right. That's fake, isn't it?

... isn't it?

Matt Cavanaugh

Re: Sleazy Peezy

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

dogen wrote: Hell, each year we have trouble finding minority applicants to accept into our graduate program; those that we offer places to invariable get snapped up by "better" schools -- such as Harvard.
Especially galling, as Harvard takes a very creative view of what constitutes a 'minority':
fauxcahontas.jpg
(145.77 KiB) Downloaded 252 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Yes.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Following on from earlier discussion by others. I also lost the You Tube plug in for flash in Chrome on Android Nexus 7 for this forum
so I downloaded Dolphin and suggested, and the activated the prompt for flash download
but though I can download it. I cant install it. Yes, I have allowed non market apps to install in settings.
I get this far as screenshot, but frustratingly, when I click on the install button , nothing, and I mean nothing, happens.
no response at all, but cancel works and I can only cancel to close.
I tried a reboot , no better.
Google aint helping so far, Any ideas?

http://i.imgur.com/d87dgfa.png

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

katamari Damassi wrote:I got an apologetic message from B. He said that it was of a because miscommunication and that he didn't think I was as serious as I turned out to be. While that has some merit, I'm still not going back.
Fuck that shit.

Repeat the following to yourself:

[youtube]BqR3eBEGE4U[/youtube]

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Tigzy wrote:And remember - if a cis-lesbian refuses you sex, it's cos she's a transphobe. So don't be transphobic, cis-lesbians, cos that's like the worst thing like evah!
Given enough time, it's inevitable that at some point two such dick-bearing trans lesbians will collide.

Parody Accountant

Service Dog wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
I disagree.

Yabba-dabba-do.
Bwahaha

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Lsuoma wrote:I noticed this is coming up for auction in London soon: does anyone know if there is a Pit member who might be interested?

http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/eca ... ot.39.html

Estimate is $20-30,000
Not Steersman. He's already got a book. I believe it's called The Blank Slate. Or was it The Honest Courtesan? Okay, maybe he's got two books.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

another lurker wrote:Tinder needs to stop acting like there are only two genders. Apparently Tinder is transphobic because women like Danielle Muscato can't stick their pic in women's section, as that would constitute false advertising

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... wo-genders
On one side, Tinder wants a very simple application. That is what makes their app magic. For most people it just boils down to the pic and sex anyway. Swipe left for no. Swipe right for yes.

On the other hand, if people could flag themselves as trans or a different gender, it could help prevent people from being taken by surprise. And then all the trans people can bitch about how they hate guys who have trans fetishes aka tranny-chasers. Because god forbid anyone actually be attracted to them for who they are.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:So long as Muscato asks to be accepted as a woman while still presenting as a burly, deep-voiced, hirsute man, with a full bears & male pattern baldness, dressed in men's clothes, xe cannot be an effective publicist. For all that will inevitably draw all attention away from Muscato's clients and on to ximself.
1. Not all publicists are public facing.
2. Muscato describes herself as Activist/Publicists, which suggests that she is only barking up the tree to be a publicist for political activists... that can't pay that much. And while it may help if he were a publicist for say a Democratic Presidential campaign reaching out to the GLBT community, those jobs are going to be far and few in between. And something tells me she would completely screw the pooch if she attempted to represent a Republican candidate towards the GLBT community by calling the candidate sexist and racist.
3. At American Atheist, Dave Silverman was the real public face... of course his PR choices were debatable in effectiveness and quality.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Because there are so many "frat" style boys calling out the line "I'm a lesbian in a man's body."

I guess for a few of them, the joke is so funny, they take it all the way.