Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
ConcentratedH2O, OM

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

KiwiInOz wrote: Mykeru's gif pales in comparison.
Sooth yourself with this:

[youtube]oE52PR4yMOA[/youtube]

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Comhcinc-- That's crazy. It's obvious, from how you comport yourself here, that you're an asset.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Ape+lust wrote:
Freak has 2 rows of half-filled mason jars behind him. I considered bumping up to HD for a moment, but realized I really don't want to know anything more about him. He can carry on acting toughguy on YouTube and crying himself to sleep.
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed the mason jars. I was half-heartedly wondering what was in them, but now I don't want to know either. :shock:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Service Dog wrote:Comhcinc-- That's crazy. It's obvious, from how you comport yourself here, that you're an asset.

Oh I can argue. And I argued with her about my job. I only have about a decade of experience doing IT and tech support work so when she would ask me to do something I knew wouldn't work I would try to explain it to her. She really didn't like that. Felt it was personal (at least that is what I think)

She is only 24 and before this job was a shitty bartender. I say shitty because she doesn't like the taste of alcohol and that's like being a vegetarian bbq pit master. I figure she got by on her tits (which are nice).

Anyway my replacement is a nice 21 year old who has never had a job before. He has zero clue what to do. I feel sorry for him because she is going to turn on him too (she really like me for a while there).

I am not vain enough to think that the company is going be in trouble without me, but things are not going to run as smoothly as they could be.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

comhcinc wrote: I explained that some women can have mustaches and she looked at me like I was a fucking idiot and told me I was wrong.
http://i.imgur.com/jzXtk7q.png

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I wonder what she is thinking.......

ConcentratedH2O, OM

BarnOwl wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Freak has 2 rows of half-filled mason jars behind him. I considered bumping up to HD for a moment, but realized I really don't want to know anything more about him. He can carry on acting toughguy on YouTube and crying himself to sleep.
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed the mason jars. I was half-heartedly wondering what was in them, but now I don't want to know either. :shock:
You're both going to be thrilled to know that he collected his masturbation juice in those, every day for years. This is true, according to him. And I find no reason not to believe him.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Every sperm is sacred.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

CH20 wrote:
You're both going to be thrilled to know that he collected his masturbation juice in those, every day for years. This is true, according to him. And I find no reason not to believe him.
For real? Those are his genderfluids? :o

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I am Matthew Facciani's huckleberry:

Sikh boy sent to jail because battery pack was mistaken for a bomb

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/accordingt ... 2419272585

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

ERV wrote:The more I think about it, the angrier I get.

How could anyone watch 'Kingsman' and see it as anything *other* than a feminist movie?

The main male characters are bullies, wife-beaters, traitors, and psychopaths. The protagonists father sacrificed himself to save others, and yet he is throwing his life away. His mentor, while skilled, fucks up, and ultimately walks into a trap.

Contrast that to the main female characters:
1-- Mom: Husband killed under mysterious circumstances, leaving her alone raising their kid. She gives the 'one wish' to her son, submits herself to surviving an abusive relationship to keep a roof over their heads.
2-- Roxy: BOSS. Beautiful, smart, strong, apparently the first (or one of very few) female Kingsmen. Brave as shit, conquering her fears on several occasions to save the day (she was NOT letting go of Eggsy in that one scene when it could have killed her, and then in the final scenes). Does it all while being *nice*. Apparently just a chill girl who wants boys to think shes cool. I would *love* to learn more about her and how she was chosen as a candidate.
3-- Princess: Sees her colleague join in with a psychos plan. Her bodyguards killed. Would rather die with everyone else than live in the villains future. Helpless until a young man shows up at her door-- he asks for a kiss, she offers him more. Because she *wants* to. How is a woman using her sexuality *sexist*?? btw-- Young man comes back not only having saved the world, but also with Champagne and two glasses. Hes cute, saved the world, AND a gentleman. What the fuck does him being white have to do with it?
4-- Villains #2: Villain would have been fucked without her. She planned and organized everything, because he was a fucking pussy. She was also fucking good at her job. Boss wants plan done faster? She got it done faster. Boss wants stupid trigger on his doomsday device? She made sure that dumb trigger was on it. btw-- All her shit *worked*. The funny 'tragedy' of the villain is that if he would have done what she suggested (not the stupid trigger), his plan would have worked. Villain is obviously just a money bag.

Hell, it was even a woman in the Kentucky church who knew something was 'off' about the mentor being there. And then Iggy Azalea.

I mean the only male character who isnt a twat is Merlin.

HOW COULD ANYONE NOT THINK THIS WAS A GIRL-POWER MOVIE? Because one of the women wanted to have sex????

And how the fuck can PZ be such a bitch about 'Force Awakens'?? That was *exactly* the Star Wars I wanted my girls to see. Fucking awesome. Fuck him.
Kingsman was awesome.
Princess had a nice bum, whose
Depths I'd Plumb. Ba-dum.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

free thoughtpolice wrote:CH20 wrote:
They are the genderfluids which god gave him permission to excrete. Whether they represent the true genderfluids of his headkin, I do not know.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:CH20 wrote:
They are the genderfluids which god gave him permission to excrete. Whether they represent the true genderfluids of his headkin, I do not know.
Isn't it fucking ridiculous that I can write that previous comment, and while you all nod along and think "Haha, yeah, that is an amusing act of hyperbolic imitation of the SJWs", there are people on this planet who would read it and call me a champion of human rights.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

gendersolid => genderfluid => gendergaseous

http://cnx.org/resources/691ac289ca20e4 ... d-0001.jpg

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

Tribble wrote:
another lurker wrote: I picked it up on sale last week. I have become bored with LOTRO and was looking for something different. I think that the game has promise, once I figure out wtf I am doing. It isn't instantly intuitive nor is it as addictive as WoW. WoW had me right from the start, which was probably a bad thing in retrospect. However, one of the things that made WoW great was the interface, which I still have not seen any other game come close to.

I still have EQ2 and Age of Conan, both unopened, up on the shelf. I really would like to play AOC someday. I tried the EQ2 FTP version and it was rather bland.

Oh, I am well on my way to becoming an elite horse trainer just like Matt. Apparently, if I feed my horsie once a day it learns new skillz!!!

Keep us updated.

I played LOTRO for years. Had most of my 9 characters to 65 (and none under 60). Then the cap was raised. I got my guard, champ and captain up to 75. Started working on my mini and rune keeper then just burned out. Tried to go back a few years ago. But I just couldn't get back into it.

I played AoC for a month. Great combat system. Empty world.
I am still playing Lotro, though I take breaks from time to time. Minas Tirith is beautiful, if a bit cramped.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Whether with or without input from trolls, this thread keeps on giving.

I'm not sure that most of the commenters on Meyers's blog aren't long-term trolls. Because this is just perfection.

http://i.imgur.com/C22j9Fb.png

Nerd, of course. Where would Meyers be without Nerd? The answer is probably "on significantly lower doses of anti-hypertension medication", which would be great for him but not so much for us.

Nerd, who lead the Pharyngula charge to bluntly call Shermer a rapist, and Krauss a sexual harrasser. Nerd, who like Meyers is a lifelong feminist and supporter of "always believe the accuser". Nerd, who would rather lick Meyers's ballsack than a delicious melon popsicle.

http://i.imgur.com/0nNQOc9.png

Yes, Nerd.

And you have just made the exact same point that an MRA would if defending, say, Paul Elam, from a baseless sexual harrassment case.

You fucking moron.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Haha!

I have just realized that Nerd hits the absolute bonus buzzer quote in that last comment.

He effectively says that women who don't report rape never got raped!
If PZ actually did sexually harass her, then PZ’s actions could have lead to complaints being filed. If it was all a poorly-thought-out attempt to keep from failing, the lack of filed complaint would be expected.
Fuck me.

Okay, which one of you has spent the last decade perfecting the Nerd of Redhead troll?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Steve Harvey's God let his fanboy make a colossal fuckup on worldwide TV. He must've been distracted with XBox or something.

This is c-r-i-n-g-e-w-o-r-t-h-y :lol:

[youtube]EvegBo4TUdQ[/youtube]

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Sometimes as I skip from paragraph to paragraph and over quotes and .signatures, I'll get one of these non-sequiturs that almost sequit

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

The first person who confessed they'd been raped to me was raped by someone who very publically spoke about feminism and womens rights and was a "proud feminist". I'm telling you this because I may have some bias here in my views on this, but I've seen several people raise the fact that proud feminist men - who talk about women being weak, and about men just not being educated not to rape - are possibly sociopathic. What they're doing in saying this is saying, like a kid, oh I didn't know any better. I've been reformed. I'm not bad, just no one ever taught me NOT TO BE BAD, but look at me now. And if they fuck up again it's like, oh, I am sorry, I didn't realise what I'd done, mea culpa etc etc.

I found an article a while ago that went into detail into this psychology, but it's pretty fucking creepy. So in a way I'm not surprised how many of these people turn out to be rapists of different degrees.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

The first person who confessed they'd been raped to me was raped by someone who very publically spoke about feminism and womens rights and was a "proud feminist". I'm telling you this because I may have some bias here in my views on this, but I've seen several people raise the fact that proud feminist men - who talk about women being weak, and about men just not being educated not to rape - are possibly sociopathic. What they're doing in saying this is saying, like a kid, oh I didn't know any better. I've been reformed. I'm not bad, just no one ever taught me NOT TO BE BAD, but look at me now. And if they fuck up again it's like, oh, I am sorry, I didn't realise what I'd done, mea culpa etc etc.

I found an article a while ago that went into detail into this psychology, but it's pretty fucking creepy. So in a way I'm not surprised how many of these people turn out to be rapists of different degrees.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

wtf doubles

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Ape+lust wrote:Steve Harvey's God let his fanboy make a colossal fuckup on worldwide TV. He must've been distracted with XBox or something.

This is c-r-i-n-g-e-w-o-r-t-h-y :lol:

[youtube]EvegBo4TUdQ[/youtube]
Fuck, that is really sad. Whatever your opinion, this is a career pinnacle for those chicks. And, I'd imagine, worth a shitload of money, even these days. Aww, that was so sad.

I really feel for the runner up. To put it in terms which are relevant to many of the intelligent scientific people who post here: she spent thirty seconds thinking she would spend the rest of her days with endless grants enabling her to dissect the essential mechanisms of life, then got told that the closest she would ever get to science would be a tank of goldfish from the local pet store and a gallon of weedkiller.

:(

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

comhcinc, I am really, really sorry to hear about the ongoing work hassles.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

rayshul wrote:The first person who confessed they'd been raped to me was raped by someone who very publically spoke about feminism and womens rights and was a "proud feminist". I'm telling you this because I may have some bias here in my views on this, but I've seen several people raise the fact that proud feminist men - who talk about women being weak, and about men just not being educated not to rape - are possibly sociopathic. What they're doing in saying this is saying, like a kid, oh I didn't know any better. I've been reformed. I'm not bad, just no one ever taught me NOT TO BE BAD, but look at me now. And if they fuck up again it's like, oh, I am sorry, I didn't realise what I'd done, mea culpa etc etc.

Male SJW's often creep the hell out of me. They seem to assume others exhibit the same behaviour and have the same desires that they do. They attribute motives and behaviour so divorced from reality I can only assume it is projection or some sort of religious atonement process along with deep personality flaws.

I actually consider someone like Myers or Carrier to be total idiots. They say things that are so demonstrably false and predictable in their simplistic black and white thinking yet seem oblivious to the fact people find what they say asinine and often hilarious.

Male SJW's happily dox, emotionally abuse, lie and cheat and it seems so natural to them they are shocked when they are called out on their behaviour. They seem to think their behaviour is normal.

Many people have wised up to them but at least they are a great source of entertainment, unless you are unlucky enough to be one of their victims. They enjoy ruining lives and the victims are piling up.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

rayshul wrote:The first person who confessed they'd been raped to me was raped by someone who very publically spoke about feminism and womens rights and was a "proud feminist". I'm telling you this because I may have some bias here in my views on this, but I've seen several people raise the fact that proud feminist men - who talk about women being weak, and about men just not being educated not to rape - are possibly sociopathic. What they're doing in saying this is saying, like a kid, oh I didn't know any better. I've been reformed. I'm not bad, just no one ever taught me NOT TO BE BAD, but look at me now. And if they fuck up again it's like, oh, I am sorry, I didn't realise what I'd done, mea culpa etc etc.

I watched about half of that Armoured Skeptic expose of Steve Shives (until I threw up.) The lie 'tells' on Shives' face were flying so fast & furious I counldn't keep count. Can't say he's a sociopath, but part of him knows what he's saying is utter bullshit. Can't trust a person like that at all. They make good Nazis.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Fuck, that is really sad. Whatever your opinion, this is a career pinnacle for those chicks. And, I'd imagine, worth a shitload of money, even these days. Aww, that was so sad.

I really feel for the runner up. To put it in terms which are relevant to many of the intelligent scientific people who post here: she spent thirty seconds thinking she would spend the rest of her days with endless grants enabling her to dissect the essential mechanisms of life, then got told that the closest she would ever get to science would be a tank of goldfish from the local pet store and a gallon of weedkiller.

:(
Whoa. I almost feel sorry for Peez. Let's give him a swimsuit do-over and if he can best Zvan (surely), we'll award him a Placeholder for Hitchens trophy and a $20 glyphosate coupon grant.

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

I hear the most fanatical male feminists, you know the ones, saying "it's not me that's made bad choices, I am good and make good choices, I defend what's right, it's the evil in all men that tempted me, it's how we are, I couldn't help myself".

They shed personal responsibility for their terrible behavior by casting it on all men and male original sin.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

Brive1987 wrote:I really don't want this to stop. But I don't know what to say. :?
Where did he get a cooker like that? Does he live in North Korea or something?

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Here's one for Steers:

https://media.giphy.com/media/26tPkLTMm ... /giphy.gif
If you concentrate really hard, you can make it go in and out.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

rayshul wrote:wtf doubles
It happens to everyone eventually.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

It happens to everyone eventually.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

It happens to everyone event...<<KABOOM>>>

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Brive1987 wrote:I really don't want this to stop. But I don't know what to say. :?
That is one suspiciously clean hob for a life-long cook, Richard.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

ERV wrote:The more I think about it, the angrier I get.

How could anyone watch 'Kingsman' and see it as anything *other* than a feminist movie?

The main male characters are bullies, wife-beaters, traitors, and psychopaths. The protagonists father sacrificed himself to save others, and yet he is throwing his life away. His mentor, while skilled, fucks up, and ultimately walks into a trap.

Contrast that to the main female characters:
1-- Mom: Husband killed under mysterious circumstances, leaving her alone raising their kid. She gives the 'one wish' to her son, submits herself to surviving an abusive relationship to keep a roof over their heads.
2-- Roxy: BOSS. Beautiful, smart, strong, apparently the first (or one of very few) female Kingsmen. Brave as shit, conquering her fears on several occasions to save the day (she was NOT letting go of Eggsy in that one scene when it could have killed her, and then in the final scenes). Does it all while being *nice*. Apparently just a chill girl who wants boys to think shes cool. I would *love* to learn more about her and how she was chosen as a candidate.
3-- Princess: Sees her colleague join in with a psychos plan. Her bodyguards killed. Would rather die with everyone else than live in the villains future. Helpless until a young man shows up at her door-- he asks for a kiss, she offers him more. Because she *wants* to. How is a woman using her sexuality *sexist*?? btw-- Young man comes back not only having saved the world, but also with Champagne and two glasses. Hes cute, saved the world, AND a gentleman. What the fuck does him being white have to do with it?
4-- Villains #2: Villain would have been fucked without her. She planned and organized everything, because he was a fucking pussy. She was also fucking good at her job. Boss wants plan done faster? She got it done faster. Boss wants stupid trigger on his doomsday device? She made sure that dumb trigger was on it. btw-- All her shit *worked*. The funny 'tragedy' of the villain is that if he would have done what she suggested (not the stupid trigger), his plan would have worked. Villain is obviously just a money bag.

Hell, it was even a woman in the Kentucky church who knew something was 'off' about the mentor being there. And then Iggy Azalea.

I mean the only male character who isnt a twat is Merlin.

HOW COULD ANYONE NOT THINK THIS WAS A GIRL-POWER MOVIE? Because one of the women wanted to have sex????

And how the fuck can PZ be such a bitch about 'Force Awakens'?? That was *exactly* the Star Wars I wanted my girls to see. Fucking awesome. Fuck him.
100% agreed. I've watched Kingsman 4 times so far, and can't find any real flaw in your analysis. Plus, it's a fucking great movie.

(In the comics, though, Gazelle was a male character. I find the character even better as female.)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Tribble wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:The mystery is resolved.

All he had to do was to deglaze the pan with some water. You don't even need wine or stock though they're preferable.
Just add some of the vegetable water to the pan with a bit of cornflour for thickening.
For most vegetables, sure. But Brussels sprouts are basically mini-cabbages, and like all members of the cabbage family they contain isothiocyanates, which the more they are cooked, the more they break down, producing various malodorous compounds. It really isn't the best choice for deglazing a pan.

The general rule is the less you cook cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, turnips, Brussels sprouts, and so on, the better. And it's not that boiling them is bad, per se, it's that it's quite easy to overcook them, while not getting enough intense heat to brown them.

I fix Brussels sprouts all the time, and I cook them in two separate phases, the first to soften and the second to brown. I always try to get the smallest ones available. If the only ones I can get are too big I cut them in half. I also strip off any loose leaves and trim the stem end back. I then steam them until they're beginning to soften, then I switch to a saute pan and quickly brown them in butter, seasoned with salt and pepper. Towards the end I usually put in a generous splash of Grand Marnier, or if I don't have that, some orange juice. (Bacon is also good, but it seems like every restaurant that serves Brussels sprouts around here puts bacon in them.)

Guest_623a87f7

Post by Guest_623a87f7 »

Yep.

The greatest evil these men have done is convince these limp-brained women that this is normal.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I can see a guy with ugly views using feminism as a flag of convenience. But I don't see it as a case of benign feminism being infiltrated by rotten dudes.

Because I can also picture a decent guy strolling in to feminism, accepting feminism's moral instruction and map of how the world works, and emerging as a scramble-brained goon. Feminism does this to many women, so probably men, too.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I find it hard to believe that any normal man can listen to the idea that men are all capable of rape and not go, hang on. Wait a second. I've never felt like doing some raping myself. Or alternately, I have a fantasy of raping/being raped but I sure as fuck would never want to do it in real life, that's a fucking criminal activity.

There has to be a moment for sane men as they go down the rabbit hole where they can't go any further because the logic simply doesn't compute with their psychological reality. I can believe a weak man who is already beaten down might be convinced he could be a rapist but even then that would require a significant amount of psychological fuckery to do.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Jan Steen wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Carrier.

Also, and while I am in mea culpa mood .... .For a long time You knew me as "ogvorbis".

But, well, you know. Bygones.
I bet you are Franc too. And Nerd of Redhead. Confess.
My name is legion, because we are many.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Guest_623a87f7 wrote:Yep.

The greatest evil these men have done is convince these limp-brained women that this is normal.
I'm guessing this is a reference to rape but the position in the thread makes it look like you are referring to sprouts.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Shatterface wrote:

I'm guessing this is a reference to rape but the position in the thread makes it look like you are referring to sprouts.
Sprouts are normal

dogen

Post by dogen »

I'm puzzled by this link. Someone else posted it a page or so back, so :nin:

But when I showed the article to my wife, she told me she'd seen it before. And sure enough, it dates back to summer 2015.

So, Phil, what propted you -- and the other poster -- to link to the article now?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

rayshul wrote:
Shatterface wrote:

Sprouts are normal
Normalising sprouts leads to sprout culture.

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

dogen wrote:

But when I showed the article to my wife, she told me she'd seen it before. And sure enough, it dates back to summer 2015.

So, Phil, what propted you -- and the other poster -- to link to the article now?
It popped up in my twitter feed today. I can't remember who retweeted it.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

dogen wrote:

It was posted today in one of my Facebook groups.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

rayshul wrote:
Shatterface wrote:

Sprouts are normal
#notallsprouts

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

rayshul wrote:I find it hard to believe that any normal man can listen to the idea that men are all capable of rape and not go, hang on. Wait a second. I've never felt like doing some raping myself. Or alternately, I have a fantasy of raping/being raped but I sure as fuck would never want to do it in real life, that's a fucking criminal activity.

There has to be a moment for sane men as they go down the rabbit hole where they can't go any further because the logic simply doesn't compute with their psychological reality. I can believe a weak man who is already beaten down might be convinced he could be a rapist but even then that would require a significant amount of psychological fuckery to do.
Remember that highly religious 'chivalrous' men tend to be this way too. Check out some of Focus on the Family's stuff or some Christian complementarianism: Men are leaders in the family without real power who are spiritually inferior to women and responsible (by their failures to lead or inspire sexual desire or whatever) for whatever 'sins' women do. Many of these ostensibly 'patriarchal' (and make no mistake the Bible IS Patariarchal if you take it at face value and don't twist or ignore scripture to make it popular) Christian organizations also consider men viewing porn to literally be cheating on their wives, and thus if she divorces him (something that traditionally Christians frowned on greatly) its fine and dandy.

Then there are all the old memes and jokes about how teenagers (or young college men) who date your daughter are ALL sexually experienced predators who not only always want sex (while your virginal daughter never does) but IF and ONCE they get it (and some assume they are downright rapists on top of this) will instantly devalue and drop your deluded, lovesick daughter.

This stuff goes back a long way. Lots of it can be laid at the feet of conservative religion, and some of it is simply due to the fact that until recently birth control was so-so, sexual disease was untreatable, everyone lived in small villages where gossip was rampant, chastity (esp for women, though sometimes men suffered if they were too openly Lothario) was valued, and men couldn't be sure of who their biological children were. Then there was Andrea Dworkin, Catherine McKinnon and their ilk.

But you are right about the psychology, and modern 'feminism' takes it and runs with it.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Service Dog wrote:[youtube]uNsl_VWMQ2Q[/youtube]
not just for me & clarence. something for everyone
Needs more Naughty Japanese Schoolgirl, but otherwise AWESOME.

Thank you very much :)

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Well, I wish all you shitheads a happy Christmas or Merry Hannakuh or whatever you celebrate.
I know some of you have had a really shitty year(deaths, job losses, health issues ) and if I can help some next year I will.

I guess the biggest Christmas present I could wish for -besides some help for those here who need it - is the continued destruction of FTB and Peezus. I don't like ideologues. And I esp don't like Morally Superior ideologues. And I really HATE Morally Superior ideologues who are also bullies. This world would be totally unbearable if it weren't for the fact that 'karma' does operate sometimes...

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

rayshul wrote:I find it hard to believe that any normal man can listen to the idea that men are all capable of rape and not go, hang on. Wait a second. I've never felt like doing some raping myself. Or alternately, I have a fantasy of raping/being raped but I sure as fuck would never want to do it in real life, that's a fucking criminal activity.

Internalizing vs. Externalizing personalities.

The way I describe it in a neutral sense, is that say your boss at work is saying that someone is fucking stuff up, and they need to stop, the boss doesn't say who however. How much do you assume that it's you? Myself, I pretty close to 100% assume it's me. I'm VERY internalizing.

The guys you''re talking about who don't ever get that feeling are pretty much all in the other direction. Entirely externalizing. It's Somebody Else's Problem. They're not talking about them of course. Oh no. Not never. They never even stop to consider that they might be the problem. Absolutely zero self-reflection.

Needless to say, this describes pretty much every male in SJ culture. And honestly, it's that personality type that's dangerous. The self-justifying is a big part of what opens the door for people to do bad things. Internalizing people? They rarely do shit to hurt other people. The cost to them is just too damn high in terms of guilt and shame.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

This was my response when I first came across these guys via the Pit. I'm usually slow to absorb weird stuff like this & I kept running it through my head looking for my mistake or something I was missing. I'd look at what someone like Greg Laden said & consider it in view of my decades of experience as a heterosexual male.

If they aren't projecting I don't have a clue what else could be going on. Their descriptions of male sexual nature are completely alien to my inner experience & just plain bizarre. It reminds me of NAMBLA weirdos ranting about the sexual nature of children (as if all their listeners don't have their own childhood memories to check their claims against).

I even discussed it a bit with my ex wife, who didn't didn't follow this stuff. Off the top of her head, she noted that the generic sexy women plastered all over various media to successfully target men have flirty, sexually willing expressions, not frightened hostage looks that would turn a rapey sort on. We both agreed that dudes saying stuff like this are suspect, to say the least.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Easy J wrote:

This was my response when I first came across these guys via the Pit. I'm usually slow to absorb weird stuff like this & I kept running it through my head looking for my mistake or something I was missing. I'd look at what someone like Greg Laden said & consider it in view of my decades of experience as a heterosexual male.

If they aren't projecting I don't have a clue what else could be going on. Their descriptions of male sexual nature are completely alien to my inner experience & just plain bizarre. It reminds me of NAMBLA weirdos ranting about the sexual nature of children (as if all their listeners don't have their own childhood memories to check their claims against).

I even discussed it a bit with my ex wife, who didn't didn't follow this stuff. Off the top of her head, she noted that the generic sexy women plastered all over various media to successfully target men have flirty, sexually willing expressions, not frightened hostage looks that would turn a rapey sort on. We both agreed that dudes saying stuff like this are suspect, to say the least.
Indeed. It's pretty simple, isn't it. You or I can logically deduce, from knowledge of one's self, that the radfem statement "All men are potential rapists" has to be false. Equally logically, a man who who can't logically deduce that statement to be false must clearly see themselves as a potential rapist.

Well, Greg?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Big Lundi is a smug idiot on youtube, who puffs cigars and attempts to show-off his knowledge of Philosophy. His signature wrestling-move is to express some boring, convoluted bad-idea; show a glimmer of recognition that his own position is untenable, then fail to keep a poker face as he attempts to patch the hole in his argument with empty verbiage and misdirection. He's not even fun to hate or debunk. I know all this from his boring exchanges with Snakepliskinist, quite a while ago.

So why did I click on his debate with Sargon of Akkad? I =knew= Lundi would talk in go-nowhere loops, and Sargon would just keep feeding him more rope to wrap around his own neck... but never yank it tight.

I watched 53 minutes! I'll almost-certainly watch the remaining hour & 20 minutes! What's wrong with me?

Actually, there's some slow-motion payoff to their debate over the word "cis", and "is drunk sex rape" is also shaping-up prove Lundi a fool.

But I already knew he's a fool. Why am I spending time on this?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

There is this creepy dude I know who argues abortion and rape online. He got "trust women" tattooed on his hand so that when people ask what it's about, he can explain Feminism to them.

He is lonely and clearly desperate for female attention. He has said as much. In fact, I think that he argues these things on Patheos, alternet etc just so he can get female attention. Creepy as all hell and I am glad that I deleted my Disqus account and that i no longer associate with him and others like him.

And the men over at LJF are the same. Its really unsettling. They make a huge deal of getting offended on behalf of the women. One guy always ends everything with "I'm done" because he just can't , like, deal , you know, with all of the misogyny and ableism.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I take it all back. Sargon vs. Lundi is time well spent. From 53 minutes to 56 minutes, Lundi argues-- that if a man and woman are drinking together-- and he is aware she hasn't been interested in sex with him-- but after a few drinks she changes her mind-- and the guy goes along with it-- He Raped Her!

It's rape to not second-guess a woman's choices. The only thing that's not-rape is to elevate yourself above her, like a father figure, and act For Her Own Good, rather than treat her as an equal: pursuing your own self-interested agenda and she hers.

Lundi is literally exhibiting the scary male-feminist mentality that rayshul & the rest of us are wary-of.