Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Steersman

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Steersman »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Steersman wrote: <sniP.

But, in any case, to kill two birds or brain cells with one glass of wine, Merry Xmas to all Pitters & Lurkers, reprobates and shitlords and "mother-rapers and father-stabbers and father-rapers!
FATHER-RAPERS! (on the Group W Bench)" all - may our tribe increase. :clap: :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :greetings-waveyellow: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :flags-canada:
this:

:flags-canada:

As a fellow Canadian, pls don't remind me that you are a Canadian.
Eh! ;-)
[youtube]Z3EvS467JK0[/youtube]

MacGruberKnows wrote:Otherwise, Merry Fucking Christmas, and whoever wins the Slymepit CUNT of the year award, all of us know it's actually a second place award, because you are the official Slymepit Cunt and no winner of a year-end poll is actually going to replace you.
And my mother said I'd never amount to anything .... [h/t NoelPlum ... ;-)]
MacGruberKnows wrote:The only question/controversy to be resolved is, why aren't you in the Cunt of the Year Poll?

(from one cunt to another)
A write-in ballot? :obscene-drinkingcheers: :)

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Cunt of Personality wrote:Merry Christmas from the Côte d'Azur to all you wonderfully contemptible sexist, racist, islamophobic white supremacist shitlords.
Yeah, merry christmas everyone from the Côte d'Azur.

BTW, ya fucking cunt, if you'd told me you were around, we could have hooked up for a pint! I'm leaving tomorrow for the mountains, until Monday. If you're still in the vicinity, let me know...
It's just a quick in and out this year - we're leaving tomorrow morning.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

So LJF banned Stteers and locked the thread. FYI Steers, you never did actually break comment policy. Total bullshit.

So, an idiot came by to tell me that 'delusional' isn't ableist because the term is often used to describe people who often have wrong thoughts. Uh Huh. So the fact that it is used some of the time to describe nutters is apparently irrelevant, since in this case, we can throw the mentally ill under the bus because it suits these commenters to use certain terms.

And omg, I had way to much to drink tonight. I am so sick. My neighbour was like 'hey, coconut vodka' so I had like 5+ cups, maybe more. I did ok until I got home, at which point, after hanging out for half an hour, I was like, the sickest I have been in ages.

The worst, I challenged her to a drink-off for her birthday on Jan 1st. Oh noes. I am not sure I want to be sick again.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

What's with all this time zone privilege? It's still Christmas eve here and will be for another...33 minutes.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hunt wrote:What's with all this time zone privilege? It's still Christmas eve here and will be for another...33 minutes.
Wow. Thats almost 24 hr retarded.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote:
Keating wrote:Just had Christmas dinner. I'm stuffed. Hope you fucks all had a Slymmy Christmas!

I'm ready to pop. The only thing that stopped the consumption of pudding was to pause for the Queen's Message.
Had dinner earlier in the afternoon. Pud will come soon - waiting for firsts, seconds and thirds to subside first.

God rest ye merry pitizens.

Voted for St Louis.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Cunt of Personality wrote:
It's just a quick in and out this year - we're leaving tomorrow morning.
Ok, no worries. Next time you come by, let me know (if you want).

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

another lurker wrote:So LJF banned Stteers and locked the thread. FYI Steers, you never did actually break comment policy. Total bullshit.
:lol: Thanks for the heads up. Amused though that they let that comment through just to be able to justify the ban. "I regret that I have but one avatar to give for the anti-SJW/anti-identity-politics war!" (cunt that I am ...) ;-)
another lurker wrote:So, an idiot came by to tell me that 'delusional' isn't ableist because the term is often used to describe people who often have wrong thoughts. Uh Huh. So the fact that it is used some of the time to describe nutters is apparently irrelevant, since in this case, we can throw the mentally ill under the bus because it suits these commenters to use certain terms.
Though I wonder - are you arguing that "delusional" is "ableist"?
another lurker wrote:And omg, I had way to much to drink tonight. I am so sick. My neighbour was like 'hey, coconut vodka' so I had like 5+ cups, maybe more. I did ok until I got home, at which point, after hanging out for half an hour, I was like, the sickest I have been in ages.
"I had too much to drink, last night". Popular song I think; a lot of that going around, particularly now. :-)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

And one for BarnOwl in particular:

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote:
Hunt wrote:What's with all this time zone privilege? It's still Christmas eve here and will be for another...33 minutes.
Wow. Thats almost 24 hr retarded.
I like to think that I'm one of the few who can actually say whether a day sucked or not. Still six minutes to go, and this Christmas eve has been....meh.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Well I've just watched two hours of the Royal Charity Performance.

So I can feel for you. Meh indeed.

http://i.imgur.com/eGz0hmB.jpg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

http://i.imgur.com/buGRsof.jpg

The Reindeer Hunter

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Merry Bloody Christmas Pitsters!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I don't care if you practice Ramadan! I don't give a fuck about martial arts.

jg64

Post by jg64 »

Merry Christmas to all you lovely Pitters. We are enduring the Christmas Charts here, but have plenty of pain relief at hand (well, port). Hope you all have a good day with your loved ones.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Christmas day alone. Sounds depressing? WRONG!!!

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Happy Christmas scumbags.

Also leave Carrier alone, most people have to pay for the entertainment he provides. He does it for free from the kindness of his heart.

I won't vote either. As far as I am concerned while Myers is the clear winner for his malicious strawmanning and denial of reality all of them deserve derision. Luckily they are a laughing stock not just here but anywhere free thought is allowed and even basic integrity expected.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Christmas day alone. Sounds depressing? WRONG!!!
Robowank?

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

Merry 'pitmas, fellow reprobates. At least that's over for another year.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Service Dog wrote:
Sargon has evolved-- beyond being an irate offscreen voice, spliced-in line-by-line with comebacks against SJWs.

Now he interviews people he disagrees with, exposes the soft spots in their opinions, but is less prone to reacting with a blustery finishing-move... which misses the mark.

Lately, when he's dull-witted, he's nonetheless voicing 'conventional wisdom', so it's still useful to see how interviewees react when directly asked stock-questions.
I've seen some of those. My opinion is he is never any better than those he 'interviews.' He's just there to play gotcha-games with people who (at least the ones I saw) were low-hanging fruit. If I had to compare him, he's like David Aruni (whom he promoted and backed, despite all the trainwrecks and obviousness of the fraud, for a very long time), PZ Myers, Anita Sarkeesian, Kent Hovind, etc. in that he quote mines, he distorts, he plays rhetorical games, he's looking for the gotcha moment but he's really just shallow and superficial.

And he plays the victim. Just like they do. Last June he ranted and raved about The Guardian filing a false DMCA take-down. Only it was YouTube's Content ID that flagged his heavy use of The Guardian's stuff (ContentID is an anti-piracy measure) and there was NO DMCA CLAIM filed. The Guardian did send the little fucker a letter in which they made suggestions on how he could use their stuff without triggering Content ID (because they get tired of having to review the cases from their end) and staying within fair use. They, literally, did nothing to him and tried to help him. Yet he played it up for victim points.

And, of course, now that Gamer Gate has dramatically increased his subs, he's stabbing them in the back, too. Because it was never about the issues surrounding Gamer Gate for him, it was about the spotlight and promoting his weekly-rant channel. And now that he's gotten big enough to take in about $1,000 week he's more than happy to shit on GG.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

And a hearty "Bah, humbug" from me. May 2016 be so full of lolz from the SJWs as this year was. :occasion-snowman:

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Having a lovely Christmas. I hope the bells in Morris are nice and loud.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Sunder wrote:Having a lovely Christmas. I hope the bells in Morris are nice and loud.
The bell-end is certainly loud enough.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Billy The Hillbilly wrote:I died in a car crash in 1996.
:scared-ghostface: :auto-crash:
Hey, spoiler alert.

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Guestus Aurelius wrote:At the inlaws', went to my first ever Christmas Eve service tonight. Took communion!
10/10, would Baby Jesus again.
Never eaten Jesus, I hear he's kind of bland and pasty.
:bjarte:
Oh dear, repressed memories of my youth coming up. For about half a year or so, I was actually an altar boy x,x
No, we didn't get to drink wine and no, the priest didn't try anything funky on us.
The only cool thing about it I remember was going through his wardrobe before mass, preparing the right kind of clothing for the current event.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Wishing everyone at the Pit a micro aggressive Christmas and a privileged new year!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

dog puke wrote:Go Connie St. Louis!! Pulling ahead of PZ in time for Xmas! :pray:

It's tough though, there are so many worthy contenders and you just wish they could all win. I for one don't want my conscience plagued should any of the participants to feel offended if they don't place well. :snooty:
Peez doesn't deserve the award - he's an empty shell of his former cuntish self. Just sporadic, cunty twitchings like the leg on a dead fly.

My personal choice is Goldsmiths LGBT+ Society, but Connie Francis Buffy St. Louis Cardinals Marie would make a worthy winner.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Merry Christmas, cunts! Fuck off!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Sunder wrote:Having a lovely Christmas. I hope the bells in Morris are nice and loud.
What Peez deserves next to his house is a minaret.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

another lurker wrote:So LJF banned Stteers and locked the thread. FYI Steers, you never did actually break comment policy. Total bullshit.

So, an idiot came by to tell me that 'delusional' isn't ableist because the term is often used to describe people who often have wrong thoughts. Uh Huh. So the fact that it is used some of the time to describe nutters is apparently irrelevant, since in this case, we can throw the mentally ill under the bus because it suits these commenters to use certain terms.

And omg, I had way to much to drink tonight. I am so sick. My neighbour was like 'hey, coconut vodka' so I had like 5+ cups, maybe more. I did ok until I got home, at which point, after hanging out for half an hour, I was like, the sickest I have been in ages.

The worst, I challenged her to a drink-off for her birthday on Jan 1st. Oh noes. I am not sure I want to be sick again.
I left a present under your tree on that thread, btw.

Not sure what Steers did to get banned. Other than being his usual obtuse self. (Which is what prevents him from getting banned everywhere else.)

1 cc banamine (flunixin) orally cures a hang-over, so I'm told.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:At the inlaws', went to my first ever Christmas Eve service tonight. Took communion!

I suppose that was a heretic protestant mass then, because us cat'licks are only allowed to join communion after our first Holy Communion (age 7-9).

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Steersman wrote:And one for BarnOwl in particular:
I'll see you and raise you one... for Barn Owl.
http://i.imgur.com/TFbGWZ5.jpg

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

While St. Louis had a strong showing, it could be said that Hunt if he had really tried could have put a stop to that mess. No my vote is for Muscato. He brought an autistic kid on stage and then did everything in his power to try to destroy him.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

feathers wrote:

I suppose that was a heretic protestant mass then, because us cat'licks are only allowed to join communion after our first Holy Communion (age 7-9).
HeathernProtestant eucharistic are just crackers, they don't turn into actual Jesus meat, so anybody can munch them.

The Special Stuff is just for Catholics.

Really?

Post by Really? »

comhcinc wrote:While St. Louis had a strong showing, it could be said that Hunt if he had really tried could have put a stop to that mess. No my vote is for Muscato. He brought an autistic kid on stage and then did everything in his power to try to destroy him.
Would you say that to her face?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... 0aa0a8.jpg

But seriously, there had to be something crazy going on with Muscato. She must have planned for this to be her coming-out as an SJW press spokeshuman or must have been trying to worm her way into Black Lives Matter administration.

Women are always a few steps ahead of us...

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Really? wrote:
comhcinc wrote:While St. Louis had a strong showing, it could be said that Hunt if he had really tried could have put a stop to that mess. No my vote is for Muscato. He brought an autistic kid on stage and then did everything in his power to try to destroy him.
Would you say that to her face?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... 0aa0a8.jpg

But seriously, there had to be something crazy going on with Muscato. She must have planned for this to be her coming-out as an SJW press spokeshuman or must have been trying to worm her way into Black Lives Matter administration.

Women are always a few steps ahead of us...
He. Quit misgendering him.

Totally unrelated but just found.

[youtube]pl6wkHQpzco[/youtube]

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

How on earth could Hunt have put a stop to that mess?

Really?

Post by Really? »

Guest_0048cc29 wrote:How on earth could Hunt have put a stop to that mess?
All he had to do was confess his sins against feminism and everything would have been okay.

http://all-len-all.com/wp-content/uploa ... rthy-2.jpg

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

If I had to place the cunts in order of cuntishness I'd put Muscato after St Louise because St Louise succeeded in fucking Hunt over while Muscato reckoned without the superhuman resistance autistics have when told to shut up and listen.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

A Merry Vegan Christmas to all Pitizens:

[youtube]5qYjG2E7vhc[/youtube]

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:A Merry Vegan Christmas to all Pitizens:

[youtube]5qYjG2E7vhc[/youtube]
Amazing, he must be beating them off with a shitty vegan stick.

The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

The FTB baboons constantly bitch about the conservatives who b claim that there is a war on Christmas. Yet they throw fuel on the fire when FTB bloggers write whiny bullshit like this https://archive.is/2Co6V

The line about "Christians with hearing privilege" really cracked me up. While I am opposed to Christmas displays by government entities if they endorse a particular religion, it really irks me when people birch about individuals or private businesses that choose to celebrate Christmas. I am a pretty hardcore atheist, but I have never been offended by Christmas songs, people getting the day of work, or people wishing me a Merry Christmas. People like Miri seem like they are just looking for things to bitch about.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

How can you run a blog unless you have something to bitch about?

Really?

Post by Really? »

The Yeti wrote:The FTB baboons constantly bitch about the conservatives who b claim that there is a war on Christmas. Yet they throw fuel on the fire when FTB bloggers write whiny bullshit like this https://archive.is/2Co6V

The line about "Christians with hearing privilege" really cracked me up. While I am opposed to Christmas displays by government entities if they endorse a particular religion, it really irks me when people birch about individuals or private businesses that choose to celebrate Christmas. I am a pretty hardcore atheist, but I have never been offended by Christmas songs, people getting the day of work, or people wishing me a Merry Christmas. People like Miri seem like they are just looking for things to bitch about.
All of the articles at Everyday Feminism include numbers. "5 ways..." "16 clues that..."

I'm beginning to suspect that feminists are learning to count and Everyday Feminism is reinforcing the lessons.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The Yeti wrote:The FTB baboons constantly bitch about the conservatives who b claim that there is a war on Christmas. Yet they throw fuel on the fire when FTB bloggers write whiny bullshit like this https://archive.is/2Co6V

1) Kwanzaa is a made-up holiday, made-up in the 60's by an FBI stooge to make black separatists look stupid;
2) As Ann Coulter put it, the only people who celebrate Kwanzaa are "white female public school teachers";
3) Maybe somebody could make up a new holiday just for Miri -- Cuntinalia.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Yeti beat me to the punch, I was just going to post this.
Does Xmas cause islamophobia?
Non-Christians experience marginalization differently depending on their particular identity. Atheists are subject to certain stigmas and prejudices because they do not believe in a deity at all, while Muslims face Islamophobia, which intersects with racism.
We have a few Muslims nearby. Last night I broke into their houses and slipped some porkchops into their stockings. :twisted:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

As a kid growing up in a secular Russian-Jewish family in a particularly Christian part of Ohio, I dreaded Christmas.

It was the day all my friends and classmates got dozens of presents from all their family and relatives while I sat at home with no one to hang out with and nowhere to go.
WHY ISN'T CHRISTMAS ALL ABOUT ME..?!?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

This is the time of year we need to check our privilege, which we can simultaneously have and not have:
[youtube]horMkxQ3qQs[/youtube]

ffs

Post by ffs »

Really?

Post by Really? »

Perfect, except it should be Carrier's shitty meal. Or it would be funny to see some kids from Oliver refusing more of Carrier's cooking.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Heh. Nice one. I've had that "fat guy running" stock image in my body parts folder for ages, never got around to using it.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Current FTB logo/subhead thing:

Reason Discussion Opinion

:liar:

Propsed new FTB logo/subhead thing:

Someone is happy somewhere: This shall not stand!

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

I left the following on Miri's blog. She usually lets my posts stand, even the strongly argumentative ones. But I guess I crossed the heretical line here somehow, as it is now just a dusty memory hiding in some dusty hole somehwere:
I thought I'd respond to your 5 arguments here, because reasons.

Miri said:
... the experience of growing up as a religious and cultural outsider in my community stuck with me, and now I use it as a lens through which I can understand and analyze Christian privilege.
Everyone on the planet is a religious and cultural outsider to someone and/or something else. Seems pretty small salt to raise a ruckus over.

Also, lots of people have some privilege over lots of other people. It is a simple, completely unavoidable fact of existence. The important issue is not to invent reasons for why privilege is wrong, but to discuss ways and means to try and ensure that privileges of most kinds are not intentionally used to actually cause other people harm. I would think the only really worry-valid issue of privilege that people should focus on is the inescapabley grotesque differences between the really wealthy 1-5% of the Earth's population, and everyone else on the planet. Surely that causes more suffering, strife, and real-world harm than such profoundly petty things as religous so-called privilege and religious holidays.
Christians With Hearing Privilege Encounter Music Celebrating Their Holiday Everywhere They Go This Month
Hearing privilege. Jesus fishsticks. Maybe we should all start whinging about living privilege: Oh look, there's someone who is alive and enjoying it. Shame on them for showing off their living privilege. The rest of tha section is not only just silly, it's also basically wrong. Most of the music that is heard everywhere in Western societies before, after, and during the so-called Christmas season is not religious or even religious-based; it's commercial, with some loosely religious-oriented lyrical content.
Inclusive Holiday Greetings, Decorations, and Celebrations Are Still Controversial to Many Christians.
Really silly. No one has the right to not be offended. At least Christians aren't bombing innocents for Jesus during Christmas.
People Who Don’t Observe Christian Holidays Often Find Themselves Pitied by Others
Cry me a river. Really, really, really unimportant.
Many Christians Conflate Other Religious Winter Holidays with Christmas and The Christian “Holiday Season.”
Jesus. So fucking what? Of what earthly importance is that? And your arguments for this section are ludicrous, and mostly wrong, if not just tilting at the windmills of your mind.

The overarching message I get from your thesis is that Christian holidays and Christians are bad; let's stigmatize 'em and celebrate all other religous holidays/celebrations instead 'cause reasons.

I have a serious question for you: Are FTB people, bloggers and commenters, able to enjoy anything at all that does not directly and specifically benefit them and satisfy their personal socio-political ideologies and lifestyles? I'm serious about that; I have the impression that the answer is a pretty solid and profound No. The king of the angry bitter Scrooges is certainly PZ, but I see the same bitter unhappiness and dislike of everything not-FTB on all the other FTB blogs from time-to-time.
:snooty:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I don't know why but this was the main thing that stuck out from Miri's oppression wank:
2. Christians With Hearing Privilege Encounter Music Celebrating Their Holiday Everywhere They Go
So having functional ears is now specifically identified as an unearned boon? This list could get very long.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Oh. :nin:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Really? wrote:
Perfect, except it should be Carrier's shitty meal. Or it would be funny to see some kids from Oliver refusing more of Carrier's cooking.
That is (this is true) a photo the old Creepster took of the equally shitty, dry, vegan meal which his miserable daughter cooked for her miserable dad on his miserable Thanksgiving Day.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: 1) Kwanzaa is a made-up holiday, made-up in the 60's by an FBI stooge to make black separatists look stupid;

Compared to all the other holidays that are not made up.......

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Gumby wrote:
Heh. Nice one. I've had that "fat guy running" stock image in my body parts folder for ages, never got around to using it.
Haha, me too! I've had him for ages. We've probably got a lot of the same images stashed. :D