Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Service Dog

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Service Dog »

I told Fang about the $250,000 fine for misgendering. He said, "Don't they mean Two Dollars and Fifty Cents?". "That seems like a more reasonable amount for calling someone the wrong pronoun."

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I told Fang about the $250,000 fine for misgendering. He said, "Don't they mean Two Dollars and Fifty Cents?". "That seems like a more reasonable amount for calling someone the wrong pronoun."

Tapir

Post by Tapir »

Cnutella wrote:Melissa McEwan shares her defining moment from the new Star Wars:
The moment when I was like OMFG A WOMAN AND A BLACK MAN ARE IN CONTROL OF THE MILLENNIUM FALCON AND THERE ISN'T A WHITE MAN IN SIGHT YES MAUDE YES.
It's not like a white guy was the captain of the fucking ship in the previous movies, or anything. Besides, wasn't Han's old buddy, Lando, not only the wealthy owner of a giant cloud mining concern but also a former pilot (and past owner) of the Millennium Falcon? Does that just not count because his copilot during the battle for Endor was some kind of space kangaroo rat?

Oh well. Into the garbage chute, flyboy!
Yeah she's full of shit.

http://i.imgur.com/FokNDP6.jpg

If Danielle Muscato and Billy Dee Williams don't meet her criteria then nobody does.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Kirbmarc wrote:
The funniest thing is that the original character of Khan wasn't even explicitly "South Asian".

He was a genetically engineered "superhuman conqueror" which had no clear ethnicity, and ruled an empire which spanned from Eastern Asia to the Middle East. Sure, his name sounded vaguely Indian (although Genghis Khan, the clear inspiration for the guy, was a Mongol), and the surname "Singh" is Sikh, but he was played by a dark skinned white Mexican-American actor who was the son of two white immigrants from Spain. The actor's skin was made darker by makeup.
You :nin: 'd me. I was about to say that Ricardo Montalban was not from the subcontinent, and probably wore make-up (shall we say, 'brownface'?) to play the role of Khan.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/spy ... C3%A1n.jpg

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Guest_474c585c wrote:Review Of Rebecca Watson's New Twitch Account

1:00min in -- "Serious gamers" should know how to game before filming themselves gaming.
1:38 - "I don't remember what I was doing before," -- figure it out before you start might be an idea.
Five minutes in, character is struggling to shoot...

...She plans on doing this three times a week, has never played Fallout but expects to be better at it. Don't hold your breath.
Please, please let this be her strategy to exceed her promised monthly Patreon video quota.

"Um, yeah, hi patreons... Yeah. I know I've got behind on videos, but I'm gonna get you all caught up. I've been filming myself playing computer games and doing some funny-yet-socially-aware commentary on them. This video also counts towards the monthly total, by the way. Thanks for all your support! Bye!"

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

dogen wrote:
Cnutella wrote:Melissa McEwan shares her defining moment from the new Star Wars:
The moment when I was like OMFG A WOMAN AND A BLACK MAN ARE IN CONTROL OF THE MILLENNIUM FALCON AND THERE ISN'T A WHITE MAN IN SIGHT YES MAUDE YES.
It's not like a white guy was the captain of the fucking ship in the previous movies, or anything. Besides, wasn't Han's old buddy, Lando, not only the wealthy owner of a giant cloud mining concern but also a former pilot (and past owner) of the Millennium Falcon? Does that just not count because his copilot during the battle for Endor was some kind of space kangaroo rat?

Oh well. Into the garbage chute, flyboy!
Personally, I'm still reeling from Landwhale McEwan's claim that The Force Awakens is the first portrayal of a female Jedi. As others have pointed out, she's erased all the women from the Clone Wars series -- in particular, Ahsoka, a Woman of Color. Unfuckingbelievable!
But that's not culturally dominant so that doesn't count.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Dick Strawkins wrote:For those interested in the results of identity politics and post-modernist anti-science/anti-evidence based approaches, here's a well written article that details a recent high profile case.
I'd heard of the case before but I'd never realized how deeply entwined the story was with modern SJW critical theory beliefs.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/25/ma ... l?referer=
From the article:
At one point during the conference, Ashby led a session for facilitators called ‘‘Circling the Wagons: How Shifting Definitions of ‘Research’ Keep the Voices of F.C. Users Out.’’ Before she set out on a critical review of the studies from the 1990s, she apologized, half-­joking, for the ableism of that metaphor: double-­blind. Such insensitivity was not surprising from the F.C. skeptics, she said, who are more concerned with scientific method — with cold, quantitative research — than with real, lived experience.
Yup, this is straight out of the SJW epistemological playbook.
‘‘Several years ago, one of the biggest F.C. skeptics offered something like $100,000 to any F.C. user who would go and pass his double-­blind test,’’ Ashby said. ‘‘Do you know how badly I wanted to get one of the people I know and love to go do that? Just because I wanted to stick it in his face and use that money to do good work in the world. But I would never subject somebody to that.’’

‘‘No!’’ cried a facilitator in the room.

‘‘Who would do that?’’ Ashby said, shaking her head. ‘‘That is the most inhumane thing I’ve ever heard of. You go in to see this person who despises you, who thinks you are incompetent and incapable. And you go perform in front of them, like a show pony. And if you can do it, then he’ll still say that you probably weren’t autistic to begin with.’’
Isn't this an argument that a believer of ESP, or of the power of tarots, may make?
‘‘We figured out that he taught himself to read at age 3 by reading a dictionary,’’ his mother said. ‘‘Now he’s a senior in high school.’’

Wasn’t she worried by the studies showing that F.C. doesn’t work — that the messages aren’t always real?

‘‘From a parent’s perspective, who cares about the research?’’ she replied. ‘‘The research will work itself out. In the meantime, I want to talk to my son.’’
It's understandable that a parent might want to believe this, but this is a very dangerous attitude to have.

Also, the explanations as to how the people who use F.C. have acquired their linguistic skills make some pretty bold claims. That a child can acquire reading skills by teaching himself how to read at the age of 3 is a pretty ridicolous assumption even for a layman, but for someone who has some knowledge about the development of reading skills in children it is an extraordinary claim.

We learn to read our native languages by associating phonemes (units of sounds) with graphemes (units of texts), or by associating visual units (signs, images) with graphemes. Without any external oral or visual prompt (someone or something reading or signalling/associating to images the written words), it's incredibly hard at any age to figure out what the graphemes mean, even if they're placed under images that define their meaning, unless we already have acquired reading skills in another language.

Even supposing that one could acquire the meaning of a specific grapheme unit by associating it on their own with an image printed on a dictionary this doesn't automatically mean acquiring reading, and more importantly writing, skills. Written languages aren't simply connections of images or concepts with graphemes. There's the matter of stringing graphemes together to learn sentences, learning HOW to form sentences, etc.

Unless there's some kind of imput which is understandable to the learner, reading and writing skills cannot be acquired at any age. Acquiring reading skills in this way for a phyisically disabled person borders on the supernatural.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

free thoughtpolice wrote:[youtube]2dvjTMMNXF0[/youtube]
Bob Larson seems to run into Jezebel an awful lot.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Also, I thought demons were supposed to be conversant in multiple languages, so why the interpreter?

Then I remembered it's bullshit and Bob Larson is an assclown of the first order.

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

McEwan: Girl, I loved Star Trek, but hated how they cast Cumberbatch as Khan.
McEwan: It is obvious to the most simpleminded that Cumberbatch cannot be Khan.
McEwan: Singh is brown on the front side. All of his people are brown on the front side!

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

screwtape wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
The funniest thing is that the original character of Khan wasn't even explicitly "South Asian".

He was a genetically engineered "superhuman conqueror" which had no clear ethnicity, and ruled an empire which spanned from Eastern Asia to the Middle East. Sure, his name sounded vaguely Indian (although Genghis Khan, the clear inspiration for the guy, was a Mongol), and the surname "Singh" is Sikh, but he was played by a dark skinned white Mexican-American actor who was the son of two white immigrants from Spain. The actor's skin was made darker by makeup.
You :nin: 'd me. I was about to say that Ricardo Montalban was not from the subcontinent, and probably wore make-up (shall we say, 'brownface'?) to play the role of Khan.
Montalban was "white" according to many definitions of what "white" means. He wore make up to play Khan, although not as much as you'd think. He wasn't as a deathly pale as Cumberbatch (surprise surprise, not all "white people" look as pale as a member of the British aristocracy), but both his mother and his father hailed from Spain. He wasn't a "POC", unless all Spanish people are POCs (which would mean that the Spanish colonization of South America or of their African colonies was a colonization of POCs over other POCs).

SJWs have claimed many times that the infamous George Zimmerman was a "privileged white racist", but Zimmerman is more of a POC than Ricardo Montalban, since he has an Afro-Peruvian great-grandfather.

Race is truly a social construct for SJWs. In SJW circles "bad people" become whiter, and "good people" become darker.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

screwtape wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

Montalban was "white" according to many definitions of what "white" means. He wore make up to play Khan, although not as much as you'd think. He wasn't as a deathly pale as Cumberbatch (surprise surprise, not all "white people" look as pale as a member of the British aristocracy), but both his mother and his father hailed from Spain. He wasn't a "POC", unless all Spanish people are POCs (which would mean that the Spanish colonization of South America or of their African colonies was a colonization of POCs over other POCs).

SJWs have claimed many times that the infamous George Zimmerman was a "privileged white racist", but Zimmerman is more of a POC than Ricardo Montalban, since he has an Afro-Peruvian great-grandfather.

Race is truly a social construct for SJWs. In SJW circles "bad people" become whiter, and "good people" become darker.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Kirbmarc wrote:
screwtape wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

http://thephonelady.com/wp-content/uplo ... o-math.jpg

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

By the way, leaving aside the SJW outrage, Cumberbatch was a much worse Khan than Montalban. Montalban's performarce was probably the best acting in a Star Trek movie, and he made Khan into a nuanced, miluti-layered, charismatic and even slightly sympathetic bad guy. Cumberbatch's Khan was simply a raving loon with little more than superficial charisma.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

:hankey:
Shatterface wrote:Sam Harris's mom once wrote a sitcom featuring abortion. Benson thinks that's 'ironic' because fuck knows.

http://www.butterfliesandwheels.org/201 ... w/#respond
Ophie claims she gave up reading Harris because he is "oblivious to the very existance of women".

I find that he frequently makes a special point of highlighting when women are treated as "second class citizens".

SM12

Post by SM12 »

Kirbmarc wrote:By the way, leaving aside the SJW outrage, Cumberbatch was a much worse Khan than Montalban. Montalban's performarce was probably the best acting in a Star Trek movie, and he made Khan into a nuanced, miluti-layered, charismatic and even slightly sympathetic bad guy. Cumberbatch's Khan was simply a raving loon with little more than superficial charisma.
Montalban had to outact William Shatner, James Doohan and DeForest Kelley? Is that even possible?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I've never read Sam Harris's book The End Of Faith. So maybe Ophie is right. So I began on page 1. At first, I thought Ophie was proven wrong, because the second paragraph is about a woman riding a bus, discussing buying a refrigerator with her husband. See! Sam Harris knows women exist. But then [Spoiler] a suicide bomber explodes on the bus, so the woman doesn't exist anymore. Then, I stopped reading. But based on my investigation, I can only conclude Ophelia is right & Sam Harris thinks that was the last woman on earth. Ironic, indeed. So ironic.

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

[youtube]UheC38wpRYg[/youtube]

With Hensley lagniappes starting at 3:46

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Updated male feminist ally graphic:
lDNzgd.jpg
(277.8 KiB) Downloaded 349 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Ricardo Montalban. Rick Mountainwhite.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Ricardo Montalban. Rick Mountainwhite.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

dog puke wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Cnutella wrote:
That's some high-quality prancing right there.
You called?

[youtube]o-50GjySwew[/youtube]

* image replaced to be visible on my computer.
This is exactly as I visualize another lurker.
I do not identify as a genderfluid trans*equine.

That's Matt.

You are erasing xim.

Stop it, or be slapped with a fine!

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

Suet Cardigan wrote:Updated male feminist ally graphic:

i.imgur.com/zDBA2ps.jpg
KiA index of who these guys are with footnotes here:
reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/3yn69b/humor_male_feminist_allies_be_like_true_version/cyevsqf
1. Jonathan McIntosh
2. MovieBlob... err MovieBob: moviebob.blogspot.de/2015/09/so-that-happened.html
3. Jim Sterling: reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/3xtmt9/a_short_reminder_of_why_jim_sterling_left_the/cy7qjdm?context=3
4. Alex Lifschitz: ohdeargodbees.tumblr.com/post/119343938684/risky-business
5. Steve Shives: youtube.com/watch?v=ei66ZNbAVvg
6. Dno, Jonathan Mann? Yes: youtube.com/watch?v=MLCDgQNnTB0
7. Ian Danskin / InnuendoStudios: reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/3w62h0/innuendo_studios_being_shunned_by_randi_lee/cxtp7sy?context=3
8. Arthur Chu

Keating

Post by Keating »

Suet Cardigan wrote:Updated male feminist ally graphic:
lDNzgd.jpg
I wish I didn't recognise most of those people.

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

McEwan: One of my expectations, which was apparently a foolish one, was that the iconic Hermione Granger, a white character, would not be blackwashed. Whooooooops! Silly me.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

comhcinc wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:I saw Star Wars saturday. Now I must ponder why I'm out of step with the other 99% of humanity :D

I didn't love it. Didn't hate it, but certainly didn't love it. (That's okay though, I mainly went so I could see a movie with my son, who is visiting from out of town)

Most people seem to like it more after they have had a time to think about it. That was my case. I did really enjoy but now that it's been a week or so I like it a lot more than I did when I left the theatre. I am looking for next film.

Since it's in the air my kids wanted to see some Star Wars. They have seen some of the animated stuff but never seen any of the movies. I happen to have all seven films on my laptop so they got to watch a New Hope tonight.

(Look I'm Steers posting my own tweets like anyone gives a fuck!) If I had the spoons I would be buying my daughter a Princess Leia outfit and Lightsaber for her birthday that is in a couple of days.
Really enjoyed it but didn't go gaga over it. I liked Ford more than I thought. I liked that the villain lacked confidence. Didn't like that Jedi chick was instantly proficient at everything she attempted. Liked the new characters overall. Plot felt like the original trilogy compressed into one movie. Unlike the prequels though, it felt like a SW film.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

So this FC stuff is just a way for the non-disabled to exploit the disabled so that the former can feel better about themselves.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

From the comments on that NYT article.
JoannaNJ
Describing Marjorie Crossley's innovation of FC, Engber writes: "But her work would not become widely known until a Syracuse professor of education named Douglas Biklen visited Crossley’s Melbourne clinic in 1988."
Controversy on the efficacy of FC aside, it is maddening to me to read about yet another example of a woman's work that "doesn't become widely known" until a man steps into her spotlight.
Heh.

Billy The Hillbilly

Post by Billy The Hillbilly »

the BEST Khan --

http://wpc.11113.edgecastcdn.net/801111 ... 36x978.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

another lurker wrote:So this FC stuff is just a way for the non-disabled to exploit the disabled so that the former can feel better about themselves and con relatives of disabled people or the government out of their money, and sexually abuse disabled people.
FTFY. FC practitioners are just as bad as faith healers.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Someone needs to set the Guardian straight. That biological sex is not actually a thing that exists in objective reality.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/d ... onary-2015
Skoliosexual

Attracted to genderqueer and transsexual people
Bummer. And here it is I thought that it meant attraction to people with scoliosis. Erased again!

Billy The Hillbilly

my penis is...

Billy The Hillbilly

my penis is...

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

For Service Dog.

Guardian writer has a sad because contemporary art is too politically correct:

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign ... ore-sleaze

The comments are groan-worthy. Ugh.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

another lurker wrote:Someone needs to set the Guardian straight. That biological sex is not actually a thing that exists in objective reality.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/d ... onary-2015
Skoliosexual

Attracted to genderqueer and transsexual people
Bummer. And here it is I thought that it meant attraction to people with scoliosis. Erased again!
It's where the term 'skol fuck' comes.

[youtube]8WmaAl6hPzw[/youtube]

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

The Irish are trans-brown
http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015 ... a-confirms
The ancestors of the Stone Age farmers began their journey in the Bible lands, where agriculture first began, and arrived in Ireland perhaps via the southern Mediterranean. They brought with them cattle, cereals, ceramics and a tendency to black hair and brown eyes.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

another lurker wrote:The Irish are trans-brown
The ancestors of the Stone Age farmers began their journey in the Bible lands, where agriculture first began, and arrived in Ireland perhaps via the southern Mediterranean. They brought with them cattle, cereals, ceramics and a tendency to black hair and brown eyes.
[youtube]akEC4UGX-8g[/youtube]

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

Rey (from Star Wars) is awesome. Gender warriors can all go pound sand.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Badger3k wrote:
another lurker wrote:
Scientists aren't expected to brutalize their objects of study or to commit sexual acts (real or simulated) on them.
Citation needed or FLOOSH
Maybe we could ask PZ about what he really does with his fish?
It's his sea snails I worry about. Didn't he say something sea snails feeling like vulvas?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

CH Sommers tweeted this
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/harva ... le/2579153
Harvard Law dean compares microaggressions to violence, sexual assault

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

another lurker wrote:CH Sommers tweeted this
The "comparison" isn't quite what the headline makes it sound like.

Meh.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

If anything, she was just repeating the old trope that hate speech can create an environment where hate crimes are acceptable etc, except, in sjw land, speech that hurts feelings = hate speech.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Dick Strawkins wrote:For those interested in the results of identity politics and post-modernist anti-science/anti-evidence based approaches, here's a well written article that details a recent high profile case.
I'd heard of the case before but I'd never realized how deeply entwined the story was with modern SJW critical theory beliefs.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/25/ma ... l?referer=
Yeah, I'd heard of this Stubblefield thing. Reading this overview, it's clear she was involved in an SJW Mary Sue fantasy of her own making. There she was, the sole defender & facilitator of this PoC retard who no-one else truly understands as she does - to the point that he could do little but fall in love with her. And she, in turn, gives him the gift of her sex. For all the right reasons, of course:
Anna asked him if he might want to see some pornography, ‘‘to see what things looked like and different positions people used and that sort of thing.’’ She said she wouldn’t want to pay for porn or watch anything offensive, but that she would be O.K. with finding free clips on the Internet that depicted couples engaging in mutually pleasurable intercourse. He demurred, typing out that in his view the women in porn are being exploited, and that, besides, Anna was more beautiful than any porn star, and he really wanted to be thinking only about her when they finally made love.
That, right there, is the nub of it. A grotesque and revolting abuser/abuse situation with all of Stubblefield's narcissism and manipulation laid...well, bare. I mean, we can safely presume DJ wasn't exactly an aficitionado of porn, given that he would have been personally incapable of accessing Pornhub or slipping a saucy bluray into the machine. And yet we are led to believe that he thinks 'women in porn are being exploited, and that, besides, Anna was more beautiful than any porn star.'

You have got to be shitting me.

And, in typical SJW fashion, Stubblefield completely fucked it all up for her pet PoC's family by insisting she knew best despite their misgivings. And that even before we get to the abuse. Pretty fucking revolting all round, really. Glad she's in prison.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Ook!¹

¹Ape, not monkey!

Dave

Post by Dave »

another lurker wrote:CH Sommers tweeted this
She didnt compare them, she included them both in the list of things she was encouraging her students to stand up against.

Ashe Schow can do some good work at times, and at others shes so blinded by the sparks from grinding her own ax that she gores imaginary oxen.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Badger3k wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
rayshul wrote:I'm worried No Man's Sky is going to be another Spore. Spore seemed like it would be amazing but it was not.
I'm not familiar with Spore, but I just looked at the wiki page on it. It seems quite different than NMS, although Spore does have some procedural stuff. I think NMS will be procedural math on acid. They're going where no game has gone before. It's got so many layers of procedural math and uses so many variables, that the combos are all very different from each other. And it's all combined with various rules to prevent everything from just looking random. The music and sounds will also be procedurally generated.

But then again, I'm already addicted even though I've never played it, so I might be a bit biased. I've never looked forward to a game this much.
I've been flowing it just a little bit, but the whole "minecraft in space" routine is not interesting to me. Exploring is well and good, but if that's all there is (even a vague storyline like "go to the center" is pretty lame) I can see it getting boring real fast. Like Star Citizen, the devs promise much, but I am extremely skeptical that they can deliver on those promises. Definitely not even thinking of preordering or anything, I'll wait until the reviews come out and all the problems are exposed before I even consider purchasing it. Been burned way too many times from developers promising gold and delivering crap when their mouths get too big for their talent.
When it's released all the other pretenders to the crown, will wither. Chris Roberts (jesus on cocaine) has stated that games like no man's sky, occupy a very different space than his, but when you contrast the depth of the mechanics of the two, NMS looks like more of the same from a different angle, whereas Star citizen in genuinely raising the bar.

[youtube]OBYRIZA44Eg[/youtube]

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

All European countries have been populated by many waves of immigration from south of the Mediterrean, or from the Middle East, or from the Asian-Black Sea steppes.

Many other European countries have more recent waves of immigration from Africa, the Middle East or Western Asia. The genome of most "white" countries shows a variety of contributions from what we call now "brown" or "black" areas.

Only the most remote islands, like Iceland, show a pretty much uniform genetic makeup from "white" settlers.

But on the other hand most "black" people in the US or in other American countries also have a degree of "white" ancestry.

"White" and "black" are murky distinctions based on different characterstics like appearance and ancestry. "Races" are largely social constructs. Accusation of "white privilege" or of "white supremacy" based simply on some cues turn these murky, socially constructed labels into absolutes...just like the real white supremacists.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Brive1987 wrote:#ftbullies #ftbfail15 The year that was no. 7: Carrier deposits a special something at Ophelia Benson's

http://i.imgur.com/d0wDAX6.png
If you're honest, you'll admit that there has been no "rational debate" on semen fetishes after that series of posts by Dr Richard Carrier PhD. Thus, one of his claims remains unfalsified.

ps. I'm very much enjoying these "year-in-review" posts ... thanks

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tigzy wrote:
Yeah, I'd heard of this Stubblefield thing. Reading this overview, it's clear she was involved in an SJW Mary Sue fantasy of her own making. There she was, the sole defender & facilitator of this PoC retard who no-one else truly understands as she does - to the point that he could do little but fall in love with her. And she, in turn, gives him the gift of her sex. For all the right reasons, of course:
Anna asked him if he might want to see some pornography, ‘‘to see what things looked like and different positions people used and that sort of thing.’’ She said she wouldn’t want to pay for porn or watch anything offensive, but that she would be O.K. with finding free clips on the Internet that depicted couples engaging in mutually pleasurable intercourse. He demurred, typing out that in his view the women in porn are being exploited, and that, besides, Anna was more beautiful than any porn star, and he really wanted to be thinking only about her when they finally made love.
That, right there, is the nub of it. A grotesque and revolting abuser/abuse situation with all of Stubblefield's narcissism and manipulation laid...well, bare. I mean, we can safely presume DJ wasn't exactly an aficitionado of porn, given that he would have been personally incapable of accessing Pornhub or slipping a saucy bluray into the machine. And yet we are led to believe that he thinks 'women in porn are being exploited, and that, besides, Anna was more beautiful than any porn star.'

You have got to be shitting me.

And, in typical SJW fashion, Stubblefield completely fucked it all up for her pet PoC's family by insisting she knew best despite their misgivings. And that even before we get to the abuse. Pretty fucking revolting all round, really. Glad she's in prison.
It's pretty clear to anyone who has a healthy dose of skepticism that "Facilitated Communication" is a scam. Unfortunately scams attract abusers who either cynically take advantage of vulnerable people and their families or, like what probably happened in Stubblefield's case, delude themselves into thinking that they're the only ones who care about and truly understand the vulnerable people and project their thoughts and feelings onto them.

Stubblefield is no different from the pedophile cult leaders who say and believe that their victims are their "divine brides".

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

@kirbmarc

Trans women are born women because they have lady brains. Or so the argument goes. That their gender identity matches their fuzzy pink girlie brain. (Nvm the fact that they simultaneously argue that bio sex is an illusion only)

Ok so, if lady brain = the right to be regarded as a woman, then surely one drop of black blood = the right to be regarded as black person. In fact, a group of people in NYC had their ancestry traced, and the black guy had a preponderance of European DNA (whatever that means) whereas many of the whities were straight out of Africa. I think that, according to various waves of migration out of Africa, that some came through what is modern day Israel, whereas others skipped that and jumped from north Africa to Spain etc.

I totally reaped "that" but I am not going to be oppressed by grammar.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

feathers wrote:
Ook!¹

¹Ape, not monkey!
You are only correcting me because you perceive me to be someone who identifies as a womyn born womyn.

I cunt even.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Kirbmarc wrote:
All European countries have been populated by many waves of immigration from south of the Mediterrean, or from the Middle East, or from the Asian-Black Sea steppes.

Many other European countries have more recent waves of immigration from Africa, the Middle East or Western Asia. The genome of most "white" countries shows a variety of contributions from what we call now "brown" or "black" areas.

Only the most remote islands, like Iceland, show a pretty much uniform genetic makeup from "white" settlers.

But on the other hand most "black" people in the US or in other American countries also have a degree of "white" ancestry.

"White" and "black" are murky distinctions based on different characterstics like appearance and ancestry. "Races" are largely social constructs. Accusation of "white privilege" or of "white supremacy" based simply on some cues turn these murky, socially constructed labels into absolutes...just like the real white supremacists.
I thought this had been pretty much confirmed years ago, though this is a strange spin on the story. All modern Euro peoples have their ancestory from this wave of settlement. There were people in Europe prior to that wave, and in Ireland, though they were surplanted by the more succesful wave. Not neccesarily through conflict, more often though breeding. There are Y chromosone lines in Ireland which pre date the line in the article. They also exist in Irish mythology as the fir bolg/ tuatha de dannan etc etc. That line is supposed to be the Cruthini, which is more commonly referred to as the "picts".

The Irish mutuation of the Chromosone, is only notable in that, ireland had less dilution by migration post, than the rest of Europe. Irish surnames are also highly valuable in this research, because of their uniqueness (scottish clan names are effectively Irish offshoots) in History, and the obvious connection to the Y chromosone.

My own surname, is one of the oldest recorded in Europe, and is also relatively rare within Ireland. Originating from a very specific region in Ireland (studying population dispersal by surname is fascinating) with an unknown origin, though there is a mythological origin story, which may have some credence. It's also thought to be one of the very very few irish surnames that may be matriarchal, though the Y chromosone comes from a progenitor that lived circa 400 AD, and is identified as either Niall of the nine hostages, or his father.

Part of the reason they were able to establish that, is that niall was the father, to the high kings of Ireland, who each spawned their own clann names, O'neil/O'Donnel etc etc, the modern bearers (excluding non paternal events etc) all have the same distinct marker.

Niall is a fascinating character, in that he was essentially a pirate (the nickname had meaning), who spent his time raping pillaging drinking and burning shit down, and obviously spreading his seed as far and wide as he could (an estimated 2 million males worldwide bare his marker). He was obviously very successful, and is a good excuse for modern Irish habits of raping pillaging and burning shit down, all in the name of a nights craic.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Everyone hates Brianna Wu:

http://theralphretort.com/wu-gets-turne ... -12028015/
I laughed my ass off at the person who regretted supporting Wu for so long and blamed GG for it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

[youtube]o-50GjySwew[/youtube]

That person can't be trans*equine!

Not with that much camel-toe.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Za-zen wrote:When it's released all the other pretenders to the crown, will wither. Chris Roberts (jesus on cocaine) has stated that games like no man's sky, occupy a very different space than his, but when you contrast the depth of the mechanics of the two, NMS looks like more of the same from a different angle, whereas Star citizen in genuinely raising the bar.

[youtube]OBYRIZA44Eg[/youtube]
I see the similarity and also the difference. NMS probably won't be as realistically detailed. Although, they do have until June when it's released, so maybe there'll be some surprises.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Billy The Hillbilly wrote:the BEST Khan --

http://wpc.11113.edgecastcdn.net/801111 ... 36x978.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
What about this Khan? (One for the ladies.)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/08/ ... 68x571.jpg

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:[youtube]o-50GjySwew[/youtube]

That person can't be trans*equine!

Not with that much camel-toe.
I was just thinking back to surface anatomy seminars and deciding that her mons pubis is suspiciously prominent. I think she might well have ungulate genitalia of some form in there.

I guess the only remaining question is whether she is an odd or even toed ungulate - what say you? Horse or camel?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Everyone hates Brianna Wu:

http://theralphretort.com/wu-gets-turne ... -12028015/
Some of the Wu SJW haters are much more retarded than her. Her tweets were more reasonable than her usual Twitter antics. I even agree with her that many leftists are downplaying the decrease in global poverty (or even claiming that poverty has increased).

However one of the haters makes an excellent point: