Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:PZ on Oregon speaks from personal Morris experience:
I know the kind of people who committed this criminal invasion, too. They also come from small isolated places, the kind where there aren’t many people to talk to, except a few family and friends. They work all day at something mindless and get out of the habit of thinking; they get together with their buddies, or their father, or their grandfather, and they start bouncing their resentments and theories and lonely thoughts off of one another, and there’s no check against reality — it all just reverberates back and forth and gets fed now and then by talk radio and pretty soon they’ve got a goddamned mythos that ennobles them as heroes of the land and the government as their enemy. It’s the only enemy they’ve got. It’s pretty empty out there on the edges of the Palouse. The struggle is against loneliness and low wages and hard work and a future of low prospects, and there isn’t much heroic about fighting those. It’s hard to get your ego fed raging against a hay-baler or that danged bitter wind.
LOL. Replace "talk radio" with "SJW internet safe spaces like FTB" and that's pretty much it. Though Peez did grow up in central Washington, not far from the Palouse. His contempt for rednecks is egregious, however.
BTW, Burns is over 100 miles from the Palouse.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Apparently UBC, a Canadian uni, covered up sexual assaults and blamed the victims, telling them to be quiet.

Just started the DVR, only a few minutes in

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/ubc- ... -1.3330309

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Cnutella wrote:Also, the moral of that story is some hokey-assed Forrest Gump shit.
Yeah it's a story she made up so she could get away with writing a lot of anti-white epithets. In reality that would've been a go straight to HR and get him fired story.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

ERV wrote:
Cnutella wrote:
I'm just imagining all of the applause that must have broken out when ToraShae finally got Evan to say her name correctly. Little did he know, it's actually pronounced "Albert Einstein".

r/thathappened
Dammit I wanted to make that joke.
:nin:

It's never too late to make an obligatory $100 reference! Or did I just ruin that too?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:
it’s pretty empty out there on the edges of the Palouse. The struggle is against loneliness and low wages and hard work and a future of low prospects, and there isn’t much heroic about fighting those. It’s hard to get your ego fed raging against a hay-baler or that danged bitter wind.
BTW, Burns is over 100 miles from the Palouse.
Facts, pshaw. Peez is painting a lyric portrait here of an intellectual & moral wasteland, filled with men inferior to himself.

P.S. Anybody archive this yet?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Watch this poor tree get reaped by snow

#FuckThePatriarchy

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Cnutella wrote:
ERV wrote:
Cnutella wrote:
I'm just imagining all of the applause that must have broken out when ToraShae finally got Evan to say her name correctly. Little did he know, it's actually pronounced "Albert Einstein".

r/thathappened
Dammit I wanted to make that joke.
:nin:

It's never too late to make an obligatory $100 reference! Or did I just ruin that too?
You can always have "everyone clapped."

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Rats reading comp fail. :(

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Couch wrote:
Guest_5f75a9e0 wrote:This is some stupid, racist shit (if true). And I am not talking about the "mayonnaise monster" (who, if real and did this is also a piece of shit).

news.yahoo.com/petty-petty-does-woman-reaction-162710890.html?nf=1

We’re not even a full week into the New Year, and Tora Shae has already given the Internet it’s first epic Twitter story.

In a series of Tweets that have since gone viral, Shae recalls how she humorously combatted corporate racism when a white male colleague refused to properly pronounce her name.

“Whatever, I won’t even try. All of those names sound the same anyway.”

Emboldened by her coworkers blatant ignorance, Shae took matters into her own hands. Read the comical story below.

Did I ever tell you guys the story of how I fucked with my white coworker out of spite? No? Let’s go
— ToraShae (@BlackMajiik) January 1, 2016

So I had just gotten promoted and had moved to sit with my new supervisor and team. I was a little nervous because this area was white af.

I chose a seat next to the only other black girl on my team. Little did I know, that on the other side of me sat the Mayonnaise Monster

He comes to his seat and introduces himself as ‘Evan’. Asks my name. Mind you, my new desk has my name on it.

He looks at the name and says ……. “What the fuck does this say” I brace myself for the fuckery like pic.twitter.com/PkzzJjHQWm

It is my full name and not my nickname so I give him a break and I sound it out for his simple ass Like “LUHHHHH TOOORRR UHHHH”

He gets annoyed and tosses my name plaque back on my desk. He fakes confusion and says “Laquisha?” I’m like pic.twitter.com/Q7V3ZF3d0Q

Not today white Satan NOT TODAY!!!

I look him dead in the eye and sound it out again for his clearly dumb ass “LUHHHHH TOOORRR UHHHH”

He scoffs and says to my black ass face “Whatever, I won’t even try. All those names sound the same anyway!”

I struggle to hold my composure, smile and ask gently “Oh?” “What. KIND. of. Names?” pic.twitter.com/in9TA7vg6Y

He shrugs and says “You know, those hood black girl names. They all sound the same so I refuse to try” And laughs IN MY FACE!!!

I’m like .2 seconds from losing my cool and my fancy new position.

I inhale and say “Yeah, I completely get it Todd” And smile as innocently as as possible pic.twitter.com/0RETk1jlYs

If you remember, his name is Evan He knows that. I know that. He KNOWS I know that.

I spend the next 6 months referring to him as the whitest white boi names I can think of.

I mean to his face, to other co-workers, in emails, EVERYWHERE!! “Hi, Jake” “Billy asked me to get this to you” “CC: Josh”

It gets to the point where other people start doing it as well. Not only is it hilarious, but he is clearly mad af about it!!

Finally, he comes to my desk and asks to speak to me. He pronounces my name right this time. I say “Sure Sam, what can I do for you?”

He sighs and says ” I get it ok, I’m sorry. Just please stop” I’m like pic.twitter.com/0eSm0geGiU

Finally I look at him and say “You know what Steve? I’ll give it a try. I can’t promise anything. White names don’t come naturally to me”

The end!! Moral of the story: “Petty is as petty does”
I think what she did was completely awesome. Might've taught the utter tool some fucking manners.
I agree. Dealing with asshole co-workers can be challenging, and she apparently resolved the situation on her own, without having to appeal to management, and without losing her temper.

This is the way that I wish SJWs would behave. Instead they go all Adria Richards and try to get people fired on twitter for much smaller slights than the one depicted above.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Really? wrote:
I call bull shit. First of all, you can't bitch about racism and then go on with the mayonnaise stereotype. ("So my raghead friends and I went to the anti-racism protest....")

And I can't imagine that a white guy in some kind of company would say all of those things because he would have been fired immediately. Looks like Velveesha made up a story.
Yeah, that could be. She also better hope she is comfortable with her management and everyone she interviews with knowing this story (complete with the "mayo" line) because if you google "Latora Shae" you find that shit is all over the internet:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... storm.html

Tora Shae could also be a pseudonym of course, but her picture is usually attached to the story. If this had been my story, I probably would have shared it with a few friends, and not the entire fucking net.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

another lurker wrote:Watch this poor tree get reaped by snow

#FuckThePatriarchy
Looks more like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penile_fracture

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

ffs wrote:Surprisingly some self awareness and agreement with criticism instead of doubling down
Oh, so fast food employees are too stupid to understand SJWthink, are they?

Can this person say anything without sounding like a cunt?

Willyum

Post by Willyum »

I agree. Dealing with asshole co-workers can be challenging, and she apparently resolved the situation on her own, without having to appeal to management, and without losing her temper.

This is the way that I wish SJWs would behave. Instead they go all Adria Richards and try to get people fired on twitter for much smaller slights than the one depicted above.
I am trying to figure out what is so commendable about this. Is it:

1. 6 Months of calling the "white Satan/Mayonnaise Monster" different "whitest white boi" names she could think of? (btw, all three terms were used in her tweets to describe the alleged offender)

2. Get the other employees to also call this person different "white boi" names? (did they also do it because she told them that he made the racist remarks)?

3. Calling out her new supervisor and team as "white af (white as fuck) on twitter?

If, and I mean IF this really happened, I really don't see how this is commendable/awesome. Seems pretty immature/ SJWish to me.

I have worked with some major assholes and it seems like they are/were a lot closer to behavior put on display by the "victims" tweets.

But I am new here, so what the fuck do I know. :)

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

DaveDodo007 wrote:Rats reading comp fail. :(
Could just be my highly undisciplined style. "Everybody clapped" is a lot more economical, let's face it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Mob of 1,000 migrants mug, sexually assault at Cologne train station on New Years' Eve

Since the german paper cited, Der Express, is a tabloid, I checked a stodgy paper, which also reported it, as did numerous news sources.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Willyum wrote:

1. 6 Months of calling the "white Satan/Mayonnaise Monster" different "whitest white boi" names she could think of? (btw, all three terms were used in her tweets to describe the alleged offender)

2. Get the other employees to also call this person different "white boi" names? (did they also do it because she told them that he made the racist remarks)?

3. Calling out her new supervisor and team as "white af (white as fuck) on twitter?

If, and I mean IF this really happened, I really don't see how this is commendable/awesome. Seems pretty immature/ SJWish to me.

I have worked with some major assholes and it seems like they are/were a lot closer to behavior put on display by the "victims" tweets.

Fuck off.
basket_o_lynx.jpg
(148.14 KiB) Downloaded 219 times

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

dog puke wrote:

#FuckThePatriarchy
There were a number of these injuries in Jamaica during the "daggering" dance craze.

[youtube]Tg5PxaTWEPg[/youtube]

Willyum

Post by Willyum »

This story just does not really add up (shocker). Are we to believe that this all went down in a corporate environment especially considering it appears that both her and the white devil most likely sit in an open area and she sits next to another POC?
So I had just gotten promoted and had moved to sit with my new supervisor and team. I was a little nervous because this area was white af.
Yep, looks like she sat next to the only other black face on the team and sitting next to her the "Mayonnaise Monster":
I chose a seat next to the only other black girl on my team. Little did I know, that on the other side of me sat the Mayonnaise Monster
If he comes to his seat and is able to introduce himself to her, I am guessing that they are not screaming from office to office.
He comes to his seat and introduces himself as ‘Evan’. Asks my name. Mind you, my new desk has my name on it.
Of course he could have done this on a break, lunch or another time when the others (including a POC who sits next to her) were not around. Just not buying it.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Willyum wrote:

"Evan" started the situation by saying racist things about her name and refusing to use it, and she turned it back on him. He didn't like it when he was the target, and after 6 months he apologized. If she kept going after he apologized, then that is going too far, but she doesn't say that she did (although the fact that she responded to his apology by calling his "Steve" may be a bad sign with respect to that). You can be butthurt about the "mayo monster" talk, but I'm personally not. I can understand her being mad at this guy, and I don't take it personally.

I don't think her response was perfect by any means, but "Evan" should be glad she didn't take one of the following options that she had at her disposal:
- Talking to management about Evan's racism (Evan probably gets fired)
- Doxing Evan on twitter and giving him the Tim Hunt treatment.
- Blowing up in his face, and then taking option one or two

I don't know how it is in the "real world" or at the company these people work for, but you'd most likely get fired for pulling the kind of crap "Evan" pulled at any of the universities I've worked at. My view is that she could have made this guy internet famous and unemployable, but instead she gave him crap for 6 months and got an apology.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:http://i.imgur.com/iqpv0Wb.png

Still waiting, Meyers.

Spooler:

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... ctopus_arm

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Spoiler, even......

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Are we really arguing whether some person on twitter said things or not?

What am I doing here?

Willyum

Post by Willyum »

Yes, "Evan" started it (I will assume that the story told is 100% true, ha).

Yes "Evan" was wrong.

No I am not butthurt about the Mayonnaise comment. Just get a kick out of racist people calling people racist. What if "Evan" was frustrated because the other POC made fun of his "white" name 3 hours earlier? Makes it "understandable" now?

And regarding your lowered expectations on how to handle the situation... yay, she didn't do those other things!!!!

"Evan" started the situation by saying racist things about her name and refusing to use it, and she turned it back on him. He didn't like it when he was the target, and after 6 months he apologized. If she kept going after he apologized, then that is going too far, but she doesn't say that she did (although the fact that she responded to his apology by calling his "Steve" may be a bad sign with respect to that). You can be butthurt about the "mayo monster" talk, but I'm personally not. I can understand her being mad at this guy, and I don't take it personally.

I don't think her response was perfect by any means, but "Evan" should be glad she didn't take one of the following options that she had at her disposal:
- Talking to management about Evan's racism (Evan probably gets fired)
- Doxing Evan on twitter and giving him the Tim Hunt treatment.
- Blowing up in his face, and then taking option one or two

I don't know how it is in the "real world" or at the company these people work for, but you'd most likely get fired for pulling the kind of crap "Evan" pulled at any of the universities I've worked at. My view is that she could have made this guy internet famous and unemployable, but instead she gave him crap for 6 months and got an apology.
[/quote]

Willyum

Post by Willyum »

comhcinc wrote:Are we really arguing whether some person on twitter said things or not?

What am I doing here?
:) Not sure if that was directed at me, but I was drawn to this story because it was posted on Yahoo as: Petty Is As Petty Does: This Woman’s Reaction To Corporate Racism Is Perfect

Of course I am a big dummy for reading it and getting worked up over it.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
ffs wrote:Surprisingly some self awareness and agreement with criticism instead of doubling down
Oh, so fast food employees are too stupid to understand SJWthink, are they?

Can this person say anything without sounding like a cunt?
No. She can't.
She's obviously an appearance shamer:
Here she is getting wet over Channing Tatum:

http://the-toast.net/2015/07/01/magic-mike-xxl-recap/

I'm guessing Channing will immediately leave his wife when he finds out he could be with Roxane:

http://superstrengthhealth.com/wp-conte ... tion-3.jpg

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Willyum wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Are we really arguing whether some person on twitter said things or not?

What am I doing here?
:) Not sure if that was directed at me,

No. You are not special in any way and you never will be. You are not even average enough to be ever be truly loved and you will die alone, scared, and sad.

Now welcome and fuck off.

Here is a linx you may find interesting.
http://i.imgur.com/a0HugGI.jpg

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

dog puke wrote:

#FuckThePatriarchy
Patriarchy oppresses penis-owners too.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Sweden imposes border controls on bridge with Denmark. Denmark imposes border controls with Germany.

Is 2016 the year Schengen will collapse, thanks to Merkel?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I see Twato has rushed out a video on the Shermer murder issue, added absolutely zero to existing biased commentary and has charged her fans for the privilage.

She has also drawn down favours to get Adam Savage onto Quiz-a-thing at SF Sketchfest. She is last drop on the gameshow bill and is still sharing the stage with another act. A fact barely hinted at in her promo at skepchick.

http://sfsketchfest.com/x/performers-2/

Willyum

Post by Willyum »

Now welcome and fuck off.

Here is a linx you may find interesting.
http://i.imgur.com/a0HugGI.jpg
Very! Merci viel mal!

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Ah yes, where are my manners? Welcome and fuck off Willyum.

http://www.boots.ie/wcsstore/cmsassets/ ... ris-v3.jpg

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Speaking of lynx, WEIT has some nice Lynx pr0n today:

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... dian-lynx/

Would you look at those paws.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Good thing PZ didn't try to yokel shame rural folks or Caine would have got pissed at him.
Caine

4 January 2016 at 11:15 am

objdart:

it’s clear to them that people who use that word are urban intellectuals.

Something else I’d like to address – your setting up an us against them situation. Perhaps you don’t realize it, but this sentence alone is dripping bigotry all over the place. As someone who lives rural, I know that many people who are busy working the land for a living don’t have a great deal of time to spend philosophizing and all, but to paint them as people who are nonintellectual rubes is not only inaccurate, it’s bigoted. Plenty of farmers are well read, and intelligent, thoughtful people, who don’t have problems grasping concepts. And all the people who live urban aren’t intellectual effetes who have nothing better to do than come up with baffling concepts. You can find smart people all over the place, and you can find not so smart people all over the place, in all walks and manners of life. Such generalized stereotyping does no one any good, and you might manage an argument if you lose that sort of nonsense.

Read more: http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... z3wJ4Bbswd

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

"Like REY-MAHN LUH-SHURAY YAHQTUE"

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Good thing PZ didn't try to yokel shame rural folks or Caine would have got pissed at him.
Caine

4 January 2016 at 11:15 am

objdart:

it’s clear to them that people who use that word are urban intellectuals.

Something else I’d like to address – your setting up an us against them situation. Perhaps you don’t realize it, but this sentence alone is dripping bigotry all over the place. As someone who lives rural, I know that many people who are busy working the land for a living don’t have a great deal of time to spend philosophizing and all, but to paint them as people who are nonintellectual rubes is not only inaccurate, it’s bigoted. Plenty of farmers are well read, and intelligent, thoughtful people, who don’t have problems grasping concepts. And all the people who live urban aren’t intellectual effetes who have nothing better to do than come up with baffling concepts. You can find smart people all over the place, and you can find not so smart people all over the place, in all walks and manners of life. Such generalized stereotyping does no one any good, and you might manage an argument if you lose that sort of nonsense.

Read more: http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... z3wJ4Bbswd
Tom Booker liked Dvorak. Q.E.D.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Hmmm. WMDkitty has been liking quite a few of my posts over at Patheos recently. Colour me disturbed.

Also, Steersman - ffs, can I make it any more obvious that I'm just winding you up? :lol:

Really?

Post by Really? »

Tigzy wrote:Hmmm. WMDkitty has been liking quite a few of my posts over at Patheos recently. Colour me disturbed.

Also, Steersman - ffs, can I make it any more obvious that I'm just winding you up? :lol:
You inspired me to check back to see what lady black is up to. This one's pretty funny:

http://i.imgur.com/V7LuLsN.jpg

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:Hmmm. WMDkitty has been liking quite a few of my posts over at Patheos recently. Colour me disturbed.
Yes, I was kind of wondering what "strange bedfellows" you were consorting with .....
Tigzy wrote:Also, Steersman - ffs, can I make it any more obvious that I'm just winding you up? :lol:
Might have helped if you'd put in a smiley, ya know? Might not be feeling quite so "disturbed" for one thing as the 4 or 5 people who "liked" your comment seem not to have gotten the "joke" either.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

ffs can understand. The program known as steersman can not.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

comhcinc wrote:

:lol: "The foregoing has been a paid political announcement. We now return you to our regular scheduled programming ...."

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Steersman wrote:
Yes, I was kind of wondering what "strange bedfellows" you were consorting with .....
Tigzy wrote:Also, Steersman - ffs, can I make it any more obvious that I'm just winding you up? :lol:
Might have helped if you'd put in a smiley, ya know? Might not be feeling quite so "disturbed" for one thing as the 4 or 5 people who "liked" your comment seem not to have gotten the "joke" either.
Tell you what, Steers - given your concern at how your reputation might be getting besmirched here, how's about I put a post there coming clean about my saucy little bit of prankery at your expense?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Steersman wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

:lol: "The foregoing has been a paid political announcement. We now return you to our regular scheduled programming ...."

See. It attempts humor but is just incapable of it.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

What am I doing here?
You mean, as opposed to all the important things that normally get discussed around here?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Mob of 1,000 migrants mug, sexually assault at Cologne train station on New Years' Eve

Since the german paper cited, Der Express, is a tabloid, I checked a stodgy paper, which also reported it, as did numerous news sources.
Deport the fucking lot of them. The Greeks realized close to a hundred years ago that Muslims and Christians are like oil and water, and took that sensible course of action. And then nuke Mecca for good measure ....

But further evidence, if any is required, of the problems, real and potential, associated with simply opening the borders to those who have virtually no clue about the principles of democracy and human rights, i.e., a large percentage of Muslims:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Gumby wrote:

What am I doing here?
You mean, as opposed to all the important things that normally get discussed around here?

Yeah like what brand of chainsaw is best and hey Watson isn't making as many videos as we think she should.

Who I would fuck.

This are important things.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Steersman wrote: Deport the fucking lot of them. The Greeks realized close to a hundred years ago that Muslims and Christians are like oil and water, and took that sensible course of action. And then nuke Mecca for good measure ....
As I said, if you're concerned about your reputation...

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

I love it when Steersman goes off on his 'Hey let's nuke Mecca!' thing. It's like seeing a dowdy librarian suddenly get a raging lady-stiffy.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Really? wrote:

You inspired me to check back to see what lady black is up to. This one's pretty funny:

http://i.imgur.com/V7LuLsN.jpg
She's bossy as all hell.

Has a nice double standard too. Demands that racismisbaddude and fungible be banned, yet whines when she is banned from LifesiteNews, LiveActionNews and Secular Pro Life.

Oh, and if a man has sex, and the woman gets pregnant, he's a father and owes child support because 'your wallet is not your body'

Biology is destiny for men, but not for women.

Fucking feminists.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Just listened to A Star Wars podcast Full of Sith. Most of the podcast was a detailed review of the Japanese trailer for TFA.

One host has a kid called Anakin ... but it's the other I worry about.

He is 40 with Star War tattoos and a shrine room. He brought the Japanese trailer home, sat his wife down and played it, all the while stalking about the room watching the TV then peering at his wife from different angles to evaluate her emotions.

Not surprisingly at the end she turned and wiped tears from her eyes. Tears that matched his own waterworks.

Then he rushed over to his parents house to repeat the exercise.

They then earnestly discuss plans to find a friend who hasn't seen any Star Wars so they can review their feelings as they watch TFA as well as finding another similar friend, quarantining them from the movie until they can sit them down and force feed eps 1-6.

Finally they seriously discuss the negative impact of Jar Jar haters. "Guys, just don't do that". Apparently harrassing Jar Jar reveals you to be a latent RL bully.

http://i.imgur.com/kFZgZdR.jpg

h/t Gumby or Ape - not sure which :lol:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Tell you what, Steers - given your concern at how your reputation might be getting besmirched here, how's about I put a post there coming clean about my saucy little bit of prankery at your expense?
Not sure that it's a case of having my reputation "besmirched", although I suppose an accusation that I, supposedly, was "*pretending* to support that which which oppose" - and supposedly using a sockpuppet to do so - might qualify as that, but sure, go for it - TIA.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:
Steersman wrote: Deport the fucking lot of them. The Greeks realized close to a hundred years ago that Muslims and Christians are like oil and water, and took that sensible course of action. And then nuke Mecca for good measure ....
"Erudite" fellow like yourself (?) should be able to differentiate between cogent argument, on the one hand, and hyperbole and rhetorical arguments on the other ....

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Mob of 1,000 migrants mug, sexually assault at Cologne train station on New Years' Eve

A little more concealed carry permits need to be issued to the good citizens of Germany now that Merkel decided to open the door to barbarians. I wonder if people will stop complaining about how the US handles policing once the crime rate skyrockets in Western Europe.

"Ficky, ficky, ficky!"

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I see Carrier is now slipping Amazon affiliate links into advertorial book reviews of his own.

PZ beware, competition is afoot.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Steersman wrote: Not sure that it's a case of having my reputation "besmirched", although I suppose an accusation that I, supposedly, was "*pretending* to support that which which oppose" - and supposedly using a sockpuppet to do so - might qualify as that, but sure, go for it - TIA.

Sorted, old chum!

http://i.imgur.com/PzsEvfv.png

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

John D wrote:

A little more concealed carry permits need to be issued to the good citizens of Germany now that Merkel decided to open the door to barbarians. I wonder if people will stop complaining about how the US handles policing once the crime rate skyrockets in Western Europe.

"Ficky, ficky, ficky!"
I am shocked. Clearly these are the exceptions that slipped thru the screening process.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Steersman wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
"Erudite" fellow like yourself (?) should be able to differentiate between cogent argument, on the one hand, and hyperbole and rhetorical arguments on the other ....
Aw do give over. We both know how this goes:

Steersman: 'blah blah nuke Mecca! blah waffle'

Homo sapiens: 'Eh? WTF Steers???'

Steersman: 'blah blah it's just hyperbole and a rhetorical argument blah'

Homo sapiens: 'Oh okay.'

Steersman: 'waffle blather but still, we should nuke Mecca blah blah'

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:
Steersman wrote: Not sure that it's a case of having my reputation "besmirched", although I suppose an accusation that I, supposedly, was "*pretending* to support that which which oppose" - and supposedly using a sockpuppet to do so - might qualify as that, but sure, go for it - TIA.

Sorted, old chum!

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/PzsEvfv.png[/img]

"Good man" - more or less. Although you might at least have provided a link for several reasons, not least of which would be to disseminate, so to speak, the reputation of the Pit as an actual bastion for free speech and free thought far and wide. But, more importantly, to point to the justifications for the former and the qualifications for the latter of your "quotes" of my positions.

The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

"The Godless Spellchecker" calls out some dishonesty from the lying cunt PZ Myers:
http://www.gspellchecker.com/2016/01/pz ... -hitchens/

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

another lurker wrote:Speaking of lynx, WEIT has some nice Lynx pr0n today:

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... dian-lynx/

Would you look at those paws.
Best not show the video in that post to Thunderfoot....

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

A lesser candidate for cunty of the year would be Margaret Pless, writer of dishonest SJW propaganda on Daily KOs. You may remember her as doing a false hit piece on Thunderf00t. One of the things she stated is that Thunderf00t was the first to dox Laughing Witch's business, when that info was put forward before his video on Kiwi Farms. When the person that did the doxxing contacted Pless to set the record straight, providing her with the evidence, instead of correcting her article she did what any good SJW would do.
She blocked him and ignored the facts:
kiwifar.ms/threads/margaret-pless-delus ... st-1186190