Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Michael J

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Michael J »

Brive1987 wrote:Carrier has admitted in a revision to his post that he made a mistake.

http://i.imgur.com/x2VA9zM.jpg

Well. Sort of.
He is a dick

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

HunnyBunny wrote:[tw.eet][/tweet]

Nice of Michael Nugent to acknowledge your excellent documenting Brive. :clap: :clap:
He is one of the better sort of Irish wankers. ;)

:dance:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote:.
The Pit is on a roll !!
:burn: :burn:
Flagrant promotion repost.

Git

Post by Git »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
'It is not the deed that concerns us, Winston - rather, the thought behind it.'

http://www.theshoopsroost.com/2015/12/3 ... mment-6293
* There were c. 1,000 of the goatfuckers;
* 100 of the reports were of sexual assault, there were also many more of mugging;
* If Gilliel could mange to maneuver her 400 lb. girth through her door jam and out onto the street, it'd take 1,000 goatfuckers to assault just her alone.[/quote]

Or a couple of squadrons of X-wings...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Git wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
'It is not the deed that concerns us, Winston - rather, the thought behind it.'

http://www.theshoopsroost.com/2015/12/3 ... mment-6293
* There were c. 1,000 of the goatfuckers;
* 100 of the reports were of sexual assault, there were also many more of mugging;
* If Gilliel could mange to maneuver her 400 lb. girth through her door jam and out onto the street, it'd take 1,000 goatfuckers to assault just her alone.
Or a couple of squadrons of X-wings...[/quote]

I am NOT volunteering for the trench run!

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Guest_0048cc29 wrote:The Mary Sue had a piece on Halloween arguing against the Rocky Horror remake, because it's basically Birth of a Nation.

archive.is/CoX2l

Also, read the comments, apparently their are virgin sacrifices that now go on at RHPS midnight showings.
Recently, I read the news that Laverne Cox has been cast as Dr. Frank-N-Furter in a 2016 remake of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I am very, very unhappy about this.

Full disclosure: I’ve never gone to a RHPS showing. The idea of being subjected to some kind of sexualized humiliation hazing ritual sounds like a personal hell to me, and in spite of being pressured to go multiple times in the past 15ish years, I managed to avoid it completely. This is not to say I’m not familiar with the show; I know many of the callbacks and hear the Time Warp at every single geek dance I go to, gog help me. But I’d never seen the movie front to back, either in an audience or at home.

Spurred on by the remake news, I finally sat down and live-tweeted all the way through the Rocky Horror Picture Show movie, suffering protestations that I’m watching it outside of the social experience and protestations (from my fiancée) that I was watching it at all.

Now that I am officially a Rocky Horror Expert, I feel confident saying: This movie is awful and we need a remake of it like we need a Roland Emmerich Stonewall movie.

Dr. Frank-N-Furter is not an example of positive queer representation. He is a ton of shitty, old-fashioned queer exploitation stereotypes mashed into a single character. He’s a vampy, cruel, selfish, abusive, violent murderer and rapist. Y’all, he rapes people and keeps sex slaves. Not a role model.

I understand that RHPS was integral to the coming-out stories of a lot of my queer friends, even some trans ones. I realize that some people, decades ago, looked at Frank and saw a brave, unapologetic gender-nonconforming person with brazenly displayed sexuality, and they said, “Hey, I can do that?”

That’s not what young-me saw when I looked at Frank and characters like him. I saw a cruel, unapologetic gender-nonconforming person, grossly over-sexualized and inconsiderate to others, and I said, “I can’t try to be a woman – people will think I’m him.”

Characters like Frank set the tone for queer characters in media for decades, as well as the conflation of transgender/transsexual women and transvestite men. To this day, transgender women like me are thought of as inherently sexually aggressive, our gender identity based in fetishism.

Having a transgender actress play a male transvestite is closely emulating a preexisting misconception about trans women. Trans women are conflated with cross-dressers and drag queens all the time; it’s part of the reason that many trans women, especially younger ones, are uncomfortable with drag. I was surprised to find when I voiced my stance that I was far from alone – many of the trans women I know immediately piped up with their discomfort regarding RHPS. Some thanked me for articulating what they couldn’t. Though perspectives were different, one thing was always common:

This character’s portrayal is extremely fraught for many trans women.

Maybe they’ll change the part, people have suggested. Maybe they’ll change the show so it’s less fucked up. My response is: how? Are you telling me that they’re gonna cut “Sweet Transvestite”, one of the most iconic songs in the show? Are they gonna cut the part where Frank obtains false consent and uses pressure to seduce (rape!) his guests? Are they gonna cut the part where Frank makes a living fuckdoll and immediately demands fidelity from him?

Everything about Dr. Frank-N-Furter is an awful queer stereotype that I don’t want to see portrayed by arguably the most well-known trans actress in the world. To make him okay, they’d have to utterly rewrite the premise of the show from the ground up, and if they did that? The die-hard fans would ditch the movie, and it’d bomb...
Anyway, while she agrees in some sense with the pit analysis, she feels no remorse at her erasure of transvestites.

tgforum.com/wordpress/index.php/5-things-you-thought-you-knew-about-transvestites/
It is not recorded exactly how many heterosexual men have at some time during their lives, crossdressed, but it is believed that, conservatively, the figure could be as high as 10%, of all males between 10 years and 65 years of age.
nytimes.com/2015/06/09/upshot/the-search-for-the-best-estimate-of-the-transgender-population.html?_r=0
Another paper, published in 2011 by the Williams Institute, used survey data to attempt to count the transgender population. It estimated that 0.3 percent of the population, or 700,000 adults, identified that way.
I find her statement that "the representation of Dr. Frank-N-Furter was hurting people" erases transvestites and is grossly offensive to 10% of the population who Frank-N-Furter represents and who enjoy his particular representation.
The Rocky Horror Picture Show, in its traditional form, is certainly not SJW approved material.
Even if you removed the trans stuff they hate (which really means deleting the character of Frank!) you would also have to remove almost all of the sexual references since most of them are not exactly the explicit consent-positive.
In fact it would be interesting to see a Jeffersons Bible version of the RHPS with all the SJW disapproved parts cut out.

Scene: Their car breaks down in a rainstorm and Brad and Janet go to an old house to ask for help.

The End.

In fact the way SJW compaints are designed is such that almost anything is complaint worthy. I was watching an episode of Jessica Jones the other day and spotted one complaint worth incident. Even though that show is praised for being feminist positive (independent woman hero, sex-positive, lesbian positive, abortion positive etc) I noticed they had a sex scene between Jessica's friend and her policeman boyfriend where he clearly states "no" at one point (she is on top of him bouncing up and down at the time) and she ignores him and keeps on humping.
He is clearly not too perturbed as he seems to enjoy the rest of the encounter but what exactly does that "no" mean in SJW terms?
It's rape isn't it?
That's what we are told - if someone doesn't give explicit consent to every additional sexual act then carrying out that act is rape?
He said no, she heard it and ignored it because she was enjoying herself and didn't want to stop.

But that is surely the tip of the iceberg. Are there any iconic sex scenes in movies or TV where explicit consent is given before each act?
The only way to play it safe is to either have every sex scene coming across like the meeting of two awkward SJW teenagers on their first fumbling experience of sex, or, to play it safe and avoid all sex scenes entirely.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Carrier is just a stupid liar who got caught with his pants down. It is literally unbelievable that he collected the and presented the stats for his own blog and honestly thought they were those of the whole FTB network.

And he still maintains that there is no decline in FTB page views. No, it's just a return to the 2011 situation. As if that is not a decline. He is the Comical Ali of FreethoughtBlogs.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The 2011 ref is bs - he is using the upswing from nothing as the stats kicked in.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Brive1987 wrote:The 2011 ref is bs - he is using the upswing from nothing as the stats kicked in.
Everything he says is bs, to the first approximation.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Skep tickle wrote:University accused of racism in campus sexual assault lawsuit
By Ashe Schow

Link in the first line of the article, quoted below, is to the legal complaint itself, lest the reader have concern that the article is exaggerating.
Two students expelled for campus sexual assault are suing their university, alleging racism played a role in their case.

The two accused students, identified in the lawsuit ..., are both African-American. They were accused by a white woman, identified in the lawsuit only as M.K., after an encounter at a party.

{The two accused students} were expelled despite the fact that every witness interviewed corroborated the accused students' story, and that witnesses came forward to say that M.K. bragged about the encounter as a consensual act. Not only were they expelled, but the expulsions came just two days after the accusation was filed, and campus procedures regarding sexual assault accusations were not followed. ...
I think it was obvious to anyone but the SJWs who believe (a) false rape allegations are rare and (b) cis white hetero shitlords are responsible for everything, that rape allegations would inevitably be disproportionately targeted at black people.

They learn nothing from history.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Jan Steen wrote:Dr. Carrier PhD tweeted this table, which he claims refutes the suggestion that the page views at FTB are plummeting.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CX_WnA7VAAE5Xrg.png

But he doesn't tell us what these numbers relate to. They can hardly be the page views for the whole of FTB, because that would imply that during the period 2012 - 2015 the number of page views per year constantly hovered around 600,000.
Also, the numbers hop up and down like a kangaroo on steroids.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Something about rearranging the deck-chairs on the Titanic.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

I see that Melody is sporting a new look!

http://i.imgur.com/RPGTTcJ.jpg

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

She should really lose the fake glasses. The haircut is not bad for her face, IMO.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

HoneyWagon wrote:I see that Melody is sporting a new look!
Where are the Men in Black when you need them.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

No, wait, for once, here's a picture where it's pretty obvious her glasses are not fake. Just ugly, but not fake.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

HoneyWagon wrote:I see that Melody is sporting a new look!

http://i.imgur.com/RPGTTcJ.jpg
http://img.lum.dolimg.com/v1/images/image_ac874114.jpeg

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

The haircut suits her, but those glasses!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Today was a bad day for Carrier.

Tomorrow ain't looking too good either.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Brendan O'Neill hits it out of the park at the Spectator: I hate to break it to feminists, but ‘white male privilege’ is a myth.

He points out that recent surveys show that young white men are the least highly regarded demographic in Britain, and a higher proportion of female school leavers go to university than male, and a higher proportion of black school leavers go to university than white. He also contrasts the "ugly, racial determinism" of identity politics, focusing on fixed characteristics of biology, against previous generations of radicals who were concerned with situational and changeable ones like wealth and class, and concludes:
Identity politics doesn’t totally smother class considerations, however; it helps to facilitate a new, PC version of class hatred. The bile spat by feminists and others at certain white men — the uncouth, most derided ones — is really old-fashioned loathing for the lower orders dolled up as a radical stand against ‘male privilege’. When university students or media-based identity obsessives crow about drinking ‘white male tears’, they behave like modern-day Marie Antoinettes, laughing in the face of the less fortunate who will never experience the privileges enjoyed by these fashionable railers against privilege. ‘White male privilege’ is simply a myth.
(Word of warning about the comments below - they're all seem to be frothing about immigration and the Cologne sexual assaults and ignoring the article entirely.)

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote:Today was a bad day for Carrier.

Dang, Brive.

http://imgur.com/zAjFIrO.png

:lol: :lol: :dance: :dance:

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Brive1987 wrote:Oh my.

http://i.imgur.com/tIYhvLf.jpg
There is no smiley for when you are vindicated and your opponent is utterly destroyed, is there? If he wasn't such an arrogant, lying piece of shit I'd almost feel sorry for Dicky.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Dick Strawkins wrote:The haircut suits her, but those glasses!
She only has one look, for Christ sakes! Ferrari? Le Tigre? Blue Steel? Their the same face! Doesn't anybody notice this? I feel like I'm talking crazy pills!

SM12

Post by SM12 »

Goodness me.

Just one author?

But who could it have been?

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Just curious, did you get much of a traffic boost from Thunderfoot linking to http://brive1987.wix.com/clowncar#!nuge ... f-pz/sryri ?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

:fpig:

Carrier, and his twitter & blog followers, should be repeatedly made aware of this :D

Damn, you're on a roll Brive.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Oh, and tell tfoot too. He now has enough material to do a devastating video on Carrier. Minimum wage pseudo-scholar gets caught trying to fudge FTB visitor stats and gets caught artificially pumping up the pedigree of his publisher. Go tfoot!

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Well done, Brive. I am truly impressed with your persistence. A good solid hit to start the new year.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Goddamn, Brive. You're killing him. Jazz hands all around, everybody.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Michael J wrote:

Just curious, did you get much of a traffic boost from Thunderfoot linking to http://brive1987.wix.com/clowncar#!nuge ... f-pz/sryri ?
To be honest that is a new site and I don't even know whether Wix has a traffic meter like weebly does. I could setup analytics - but hadn't really thought it was a priority.

Thanks everybody for your comments - but the Carrier info has been brainstormed by the Pit in general and Jan in particular. It's what we do.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

paddybrown wrote:Brendan O'Neill hits it out of the park at the Spectator: I hate to break it to feminists, but ‘white male privilege’ is a myth.

He points out that recent surveys show that young white men are the least highly regarded demographic in Britain, and a higher proportion of female school leavers go to university than male, and a higher proportion of black school leavers go to university than white. He also contrasts the "ugly, racial determinism" of identity politics, focusing on fixed characteristics of biology, against previous generations of radicals who were concerned with situational and changeable ones like wealth and class, and concludes:
Identity politics doesn’t totally smother class considerations, however; it helps to facilitate a new, PC version of class hatred. The bile spat by feminists and others at certain white men — the uncouth, most derided ones — is really old-fashioned loathing for the lower orders dolled up as a radical stand against ‘male privilege’. When university students or media-based identity obsessives crow about drinking ‘white male tears’, they behave like modern-day Marie Antoinettes, laughing in the face of the less fortunate who will never experience the privileges enjoyed by these fashionable railers against privilege. ‘White male privilege’ is simply a myth.
(Word of warning about the comments below - they're all seem to be frothing about immigration and the Cologne sexual assaults and ignoring the article entirely.)
About Marie-Antoinette (my grandmother's name): If it relates with 'let them eat cake', there are a few discrepancies: the main one is that this anecdote was written when M-A was about 9 years old, and the "great princess" who allegedly uttered it was not named. Another point is that under French law of the time, if bakers couldn't provide bread, they had to sell their 'cake' (brioche, a more expensive product) at the same price as bread.

Marie-Antoinette was not as evil as the revolutionaries (18th century SJWs gone wild) depicted her to be.

Back to your regular schedule.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

katamari Damassi wrote:
She only has one look, for Christ sakes! Ferrari? Le Tigre? Blue Steel? Their the same face! Doesn't anybody notice this? I feel like I'm talking crazy pills!
Can't wait for Zoolander 2, if it's as good as the first one.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Yeah, and the Brive pwning stuff too.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Richard Carrier cheats on his wife, destroying his marriage, and calls it "polyamory". He makes poverty-level wages and calls himself a " successful businessman". He gets published by a small independent publisher which he calls "the publishing arm of a prestigious university". He fudges data in an attempt to bolster his claims about FtB's traffic.

All this, while wearing middle-school boy's clothing. Popped collar, yo. Such an accomplished man!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

A man (maybe from a party of two) was shot to death after attacking a police station in Paris' XVIII Arrondissement. He was armed and was yelling "Allah Ackbar". On the Charlie Hebdo attacks anniversary.

https://fr.news.yahoo.com/tirs-dans-le- ... 48773.html

But it's probably just a disgruntled MRA.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

If you're a butthead (which I am) and have skeletons in your closet (which I do), don't attract the attention of the Slymepit (and I keep a pretty low profile). Even the Master and Commander of the High Seas should be able to understand that one.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

:rimshot:

Well done Brive! Quite the day for bringing the average-sized Dick down a few hundred pegs.

I predict he'll now turn around and call you an insane, lying psychopath, as this is now becoming the standard Carrier retort for anyone who is right.

I was also interested to read this tweet that popped up in the Thunderf00t tweet fest:
Is Xie referring to Carrier I wonder?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Well that's the ribbon on the box.

Guest_27324df6

Post by Guest_27324df6 »

He was wearing a fake explosives vest and shouted allah akbar while standing in front of a police station and charging it from a distance, from what I've gathered. If all those things are true it sounds more like suicide by cop than a credible terrorist attack.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Guest_27324df6 wrote:He was wearing a fake explosives vest and shouted allah akbar while standing in front of a police station and charging it from a distance, from what I've gathered. If all those things are true it sounds more like suicide by cop than a credible terrorist attack.
Yes, that's a clear possibility as well.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

HunnyBunny wrote:

:rimshot:

Well done Brive! Quite the day for bringing the average-sized Dick down a few hundred pegs.

I predict he'll now turn around and call you an insane, lying psychopath, as this is now becoming the standard Carrier retort for anyone who is right.

I was also interested to read this tweet that popped up in the Thunderf00t tweet fest:

[.tweet][/tweet]

Is Xie referring to Carrier I wonder?
Ta, I'm tying hard with those year in review things, this question re whether Jan's list of quotes is appropriate, the question re which blog stats were used etc etc to simply replay their own words with minimal editorial. Makes the inevitable blow back a bit harder.

No? Hmm. Probably no.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

I always appreciate the sleuthing of the 'Pit. Avicenna never had a chance.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
Can't wait for Zoolander 2, if it's as good as the first one.
It's already offended the right people so that's a promising sign.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Brive1987 wrote:Thanks everybody for your comments - but the Carrier info has been brainstormed by the Pit in general and Jan in particular. It's what we do.
We've indexed him! :dance:

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Oh FFS.

Pay gap makes women ill cuz anxiety and depression:
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016 ... le-pay-gap
Women who make less money than men were four times more likely to develop an anxiety disorder, , researchers at New York’s Columbia University found after comparing women and men with matching education and work experience.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:A man (maybe from a party of two) was shot to death after attacking a police station in Paris' XVIII Arrondissement. He was armed and was yelling "Allah Ackbar". On the Charlie Hebdo attacks anniversary.

https://fr.news.yahoo.com/tirs-dans-le- ... 48773.html

But it's probably just a disgruntled MRA.
Or perhaps he mistook the police station for a burger joint while looking for a quick bite, à la snackbar.

you can hire me for children's parties

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:So we have a clear winner of the 2015 Cunties:

Connie St. Louis 50 votes (40%)
Goldsmiths FemSoc & LGBTQ+ Society 26 votes (21%)
Danielle Muscato 18 votes (14% )
Peezy Myers 14 votes (11%)
LW Cabal 11 (9%)
Dr. Richard "Spunky Monkey" Carrier, PhD, Internet Cunt 6 votes (5%)

Peezy "Irrelevant" Myers got his arse handed to him comprehensively by people who weren't even on the radar a year ago, and the Spunky Monkey mustered a mere 5%.

The next question is what do we do with this? Do we want to email Cuntie St Lousy with news of the award? Do we want to get her some sort of physical award? I think Google-bombing her with this epithet would be a nice idea.

Thoughts?
I would like a nice shoop by Apelust, Gumby, Jan, Fuzzy...seems I may be missing some. Maybe all could contribute? But I'd say we leave it here. No need to give them any ammunition in the "I'm being harassed" tear-brigade, and they will find it in their vanity searches. They always do.
This sounds good to me. Guys - are you up for it?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Cnutella wrote:So it sounds like Limode, he hosting service for Kiwifar.ms, was not only pounded offline by By a DDoS attack at the start of the year, but was also breached. It's possible hey were aware of the breach 6 months ago but decided to sit on the info.

Any of you pitters with an account on the farms should go change your password.
Linode security is a joke.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Old_ones wrote:Interesting bit of data from google trends... Apparently Carrier's ship might not be going down with PZ's. That might help to explain his version of the numbers, and his opinion about the trajectory of that shitshow. I guess that makes sense, assuming that he has his own core of followers who aren't that invested in the rest of the drama over there. It's not what I would have expected, but then Carrier does have the capacity to be pretty amusing, whether or not he is trying to be.

Then again, we won't really know what the fuck his numbers actually mean until he graduates from High School and learns how to label his figures and tables. :roll:
Vanity searching...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Dick Strawkins wrote: In fact it would be interesting to see a Jeffersons Bible version of the RHPS with all the SJW disapproved parts cut out.

Scene: Their car breaks down in a rainstorm and Brad and Janet go to an old house to ask for help.

The End.
Yes, life's pretty cheap to that sort, Janet.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Brive1987 wrote:
The question was about reviewers. The reply is about referees. Those are not the same thing when you use the two terms in the way they are used in academia.

Ask him (again) whether he played any role in selecting the REVIEWERS of his book.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Gumby wrote::fpig:

Carrier, and his twitter & blog followers, should be repeatedly made aware of this :D

Damn, you're on a roll Brive.
Yeah, I think I'll be instituting a Pit Investigator rank.

Brive (Carrierbag), HunnyBunny (Avicopier).

Any other really worthy nominations (with justification) by PM, please.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Good work. Seriously good.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

With the line of communication already open, Brive, you might as well ask Sheffield-Phoenix how their books are reviewed. My guess, based on my own experiences and what I've read about Carrier's book, is that Carrier suggested four reviewers, two accepted the assignment, and then one or both editors added their $.02.

But the bigger question when it comes to academic books is whether Carrier already had a contract when the book was sent out for review. In many cases, you know the book is going to be published ... the question is whether it needs much editing first. And please note that more than half of all reviews of books are worthless short notes written with the hopes of being quoted on the back cover. In other words, many academic book "reviewers" aren't doing anything close to what reviewers of journal articles do. The key is that many books were already guaranteed to be published. It's not peer review in the sense that the manuscript might have been rejected (and not published) based on the review. So the suggestion that independent experts have found no flaws in the argument is not appropriate for most books.

The simple question to ask is "was the book already under contract when it was sent out?" or "could the book have been rejected if the reviews came back negative?"

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

An early contender for Cunt of the Year 2016:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYD7o1wUoAAjC7P.png

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Sterling work, Brive. You really got that little shit by the short and curlies there.

Wonder if it's worth letting Nugent and Hemant know about it - Hemant does seem to like it when an FTBer gets caught with his pants down.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

In the meantime - still nothing at all on FTB about the Cologne assaults.

Often, it's not so much about what they write over there, but what they pointedly don't write.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Lsuoma wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:So we have a clear winner of the 2015 Cunties:

Connie St. Louis 50 votes (40%)
Goldsmiths FemSoc & LGBTQ+ Society 26 votes (21%)
Danielle Muscato 18 votes (14% )
Peezy Myers 14 votes (11%)
LW Cabal 11 (9%)
Dr. Richard "Spunky Monkey" Carrier, PhD, Internet Cunt 6 votes (5%)

Peezy "Irrelevant" Myers got his arse handed to him comprehensively by people who weren't even on the radar a year ago, and the Spunky Monkey mustered a mere 5%.

The next question is what do we do with this? Do we want to email Cuntie St Lousy with news of the award? Do we want to get her some sort of physical award? I think Google-bombing her with this epithet would be a nice idea.

Thoughts?
I would like a nice shoop by Apelust, Gumby, Jan, Fuzzy...seems I may be missing some. Maybe all could contribute? But I'd say we leave it here. No need to give them any ammunition in the "I'm being harassed" tear-brigade, and they will find it in their vanity searches. They always do.
This sounds good to me. Guys - are you up for it?
I can pitch in if that's what people want but I think most people would rather just have the master photoshopper apelust do it. But like I said I can help if you want.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Very nice example of the use of fact checking, Brive.
It's going to be hard for Carrier to wriggle out of this one.

Carrier has always struck me as someone who values the scientific and skeptical process only when it benefits him. He is the perfect example of cargo cult science. He claims to have been peer reviewed because he knows that scientists use peer review as a quality control process and he seeks to show his work has quality. It's the same with his, now discredited, claim that his book was published by a University press - because it shows that he is not self publishing like a kook.
Unfortunately, he is a kook. I realized years ago that he would make claims and link to idiots like Greta Christina or liars like Avicenna to support his claims. That is not what a genuine skeptic would do and yet Carrier would assume that doing so provided a knockout argument!