Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Really?

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Really? »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:And by the way, Sheffield Phoenix Press wouldn't magically become more prestigious if it were officially affiliated with Sheffield—not to those in the know, anyway. There are dozens of university presses, and only a handful are Oxfords or Harvards. And then there are also private academic publishers that are top-tier in some fields: Routledge and Brill, for example.

So it's not like official university press = super prestigious and anything else = shitty.
And this is what makes Carrier a classically tragic character. He could have been a respected scholar. He could be an important voice in was Jesus real studies.

But no. Carrier's hamartia is his the insecurity that forces him to puff himself up to more than he is.

And he's an asshole.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

I guess atheist/skeptics aren't the only ones who throw make-work circle jerks and call them conferences.

This is Connie St Louis (Cuntie, 2016) delivering the keynote at the event where she torpedoed Tim Hunt.

http://imgur.com/ATsQNch.jpg

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Tigzy wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: also: Vridar.org (even though he's an SJW cunt and mythicist), Markus VInzent, Robert Eisenman ... and Dick's long-time nemesis's, M.D. Murdoch & Bart Ehrman.
Vinzent & Ehrman notified. Can't find anything on Eisenmann & Murdoch, and not gonna bother with Vridar as I suspect he won't be all that invested considering he has a puff from Carrier on the blog's sidebar.

snip
Tell tale tit.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Connie St Louis reminds me of Thulsa Doom from Conan the Barbarian.

SM12

Post by SM12 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: also: Vridar.org (even though he's an SJW cunt and mythicist), Markus VInzent, Robert Eisenman ... and Dick's long-time nemesis's, M.D. Murdoch & Bart Ehrman.
Murdoch is dead.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Vinzent & Ehrman notified. Can't find anything on Eisenmann & Murdoch, and not gonna bother with Vridar as I suspect he won't be all that invested considering he has a puff from Carrier on the blog's sidebar.

snip
Tell tale tit.
I admit, I have an ulterior motive: I want to see Carrier squirm.

(Also, I have a suspicion that if Hemant makes anything of this, FTB will broom Carrier faster even than Avicenna - The bloke's penchant for clumsily using conferences as pick-up joints does not sit well with the usual suspects' 'safe spaces' blather. The man is decidedly...problematic.)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Tigzy wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Where's them feckin links!
S'okay - got 'em. They're on Brive's Pit link, but unfortunately the link itself is a bit borked - so I let him know that he should scroll down a bit.
Ive provided him copies of the original email trail.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

SM12 wrote:
Murdoch is dead.
For a moment I thought that you meant Rupert. Then I realised that the undead can't die.

Really?

Post by Really? »

I have a suspicion that Carrier is working on a 35,000 word post about how Brive is a sociopath and likely tortures small animals.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Tigzy wrote:Connie St Louis reminds me of Thulsa Doom from Conan the Barbarian.
http://imgur.com/OsPCqOo.jpg

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Really? wrote:I have a suspicion that Carrier is working on a 35,000 word post about how Brive is a sociopath and likely tortures small animals.
Yeah, but will he tell us something we don't already know?

Dave

Post by Dave »

Tigzy wrote:Connie St Louis reminds me of Thulsa Doom from Conan the Barbarian.
:nin: by someone far more talented, but my contribution:

http://i.imgur.com/jSRwKPf.jpg

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Tigzy wrote:

(Also, I have a suspicion that if Hemant makes anything of this, FTB will broom Carrier faster even than Avicenna - The bloke's penchant for clumsily using conferences as pick-up joints does not sit well with the usual suspects' 'safe spaces' blather. The man is decidedly...problematic.)
Carrier appears to be rather narcissistic. And one of the things that bothers narcissists is having their images tarnished. That and being ignored.

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:A little over a year since Avi. I wonder if the FtB executive committee that doesn't exist will have to censure Tricky Dick Carrier for lying about credentials. Hopefully somebody that isn't blocked has relayed the news to Ophelia as well.
They only acted on Avi because they were worried about being sued. They will ignore it until Hermant publishes and then will faff around about dictionary definitions

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Really? wrote:was Jesus real studies
:lol:

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

another lurker wrote: Carrier appears to be rather narcissistic.

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

<sjw> Is this a rape threat? </sjw>

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Tigzy wrote:

I think they put up with Dickie because kicking him out would be a win for the Slymepit. I think that most of the bloggers at FTB don't like each other at the moment. Given how easy and cheap it is to create a blog, I wonder why more don't leave.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
Really? wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Richard Carrier: "I am actually a successful businessman"

http://i.imgur.com/73oeeDh.jpg
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/yfAeMtcURg0/hqdefault.jpg
Freethought Blogs has suffered no losses after two of its three biggest bloggers left. I am a more successful businessman than Warren Buffett. The staff of a big university published my book in their off time outside of the support of the university and I get all of the sex I can handle from my countless girlfriends.
(Why did Carrier say businessman? DIdn't he mean "businessperson?" Why does he want to tell women they can't go into business?)
This is getting cruel.

Please do carry on. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It would be cruel if all Carrier did was lying to make himself look more successful than he really is. But he also loves to lie about others, and then it is to make them look far worse than they really are. Consider what he just wrote about Thunderf00t:
His borderline criminality includes hacking into our email list (here at FtB) and spying on us and stealing and publishing private communications, as well as committing what I’d say amounts to fraud, by publishing false customer reviews on a commercial website to destroy the business of someone he didn’t like, and suborning a mob to assist—which is basically racketeering: burning down a business (through a fraud-induced bankruptcy) to shut the owner up, and thereby threatening by proxy anyone else who would exercise their free speech against him.
In Carrier's world of deception, excercizing your free speech equals telling lies about Thunderf00t to the police in the foreign country he lives in, with the aim of getting him fired from his job, and possibly worse. This is such a vile misrepresentation, that in my opinion Carrier deserves everything he gets and then some. No mercy for Carrier. Down with the evil gnome. :lol:

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Michael J wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

I think they put up with Dickie because kicking him out would be a win for the Slymepit. I think that most of the bloggers at FTB don't like each other at the moment. Given how easy and cheap it is to create a blog, I wonder why more don't leave.
I think the reason more don't leave is that by sticking together, they look like more committed "activists" than if they all just published their own blogs. FtB still has some street cred in the eyes of the nuttier SJWs in the atheosphere, so it's better for the low-traffic bloggers to stay with the network. Better than no traffic at all I suppose. And that sixpack of beer they can buy every month with their share of the revenue is also a powerful incentive to stay :lol:

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

https://i.imgflip.com/wzv2u.jpg

Had a nice meeting today with a Big Wig about some cool data Ive generated. Really needed Big Wigs insight, as the stuff I am doing right now is waaaaaay out of my scientific comfort zone. No doubt Big Wig would get paid big bucks by a private company for the kind of meeting I got today, but Big Wig made the time to meet with some random post doc. They listened, provided me with some great advice, great encouragement, and thats it.

I was told there would be sexists. "Science is an Old Boys club!"

All Ive found so far are amazing, gracious, encouraging, brilliant people.

*shrug*

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Michael J wrote: <sjw> Is this a rape threat? </sjw>
It's amazing what people will do under special circumstances that they wouldn't ordinarily consider. 40 years ago, my wife was invited to dinner at Patrick Wall's house (Melzack and Wall, gate theory of pain; that guy). She was so impressed she ate the chicken, even though she was, and still is, a vegetarian. So maybe Lucy would do the honorable thing just for bragging rights (or maybe the shoe's on the other foot, and it would be The Dawk who was so star struck he complied with her demands....)

dogen

Post by dogen »

screwtape wrote:
Michael J wrote: <sjw> Is this a rape threat? </sjw>
It's amazing what people will do under special circumstances that they wouldn't ordinarily consider. 40 years ago, my wife was invited to dinner at Patrick Wall's house (Melzack and Wall, gate theory of pain; that guy). She was so impressed she ate the chicken, even though she was, and still is, a vegetarian. So maybe Lucy would do the honorable thing just for bragging rights (or maybe the shoe's on the other foot, and it would be The Dawk who was so star struck he complied with her demands....)
Quite true. Why, even the esteemed stud-muffin "Dr" Richard Carrier, PhD, PRSup(*) will readily take an arrow to the knee jus to the face, when in the presense of an above-average caucasian male.

(*) Peer Reveiwed by Sheffield university press

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

HunnyBunny wrote: I was also interested to read this tweet that popped up in the Thunderf00t tweet fest:
Is Xie referring to Carrier I wonder?
Well she follows ThunderF00t so it wouldn't be him. WaterdragerNDZ tweets in English and another language so I assume that he is in Europe and I don't think she is FTB aware enough to do it just as a shit stir. So good chance it is Carrier.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Billie from Ockham wrote:With the line of communication already open, Brive, you might as well ask Sheffield-Phoenix how their books are reviewed. My guess, based on my own experiences and what I've read about Carrier's book, is that Carrier suggested four reviewers, two accepted the assignment, and then one or both editors added their $.02.

But the bigger question when it comes to academic books is whether Carrier already had a contract when the book was sent out for review. In many cases, you know the book is going to be published ... the question is whether it needs much editing first. And please note that more than half of all reviews of books are worthless short notes written with the hopes of being quoted on the back cover. In other words, many academic book "reviewers" aren't doing anything close to what reviewers of journal articles do. The key is that many books were already guaranteed to be published. It's not peer review in the sense that the manuscript might have been rejected (and not published) based on the review. So the suggestion that independent experts have found no flaws in the argument is not appropriate for most books.

The simple question to ask is "was the book already under contract when it was sent out?" or "could the book have been rejected if the reviews came back negative?"
Ive emailed them but given the contents of the link below I doubt we will get a response.

We are not the first to ponder this question - and the last person to seek the truth was met by:
We can assure anyone who asks that all our books are peer reviewed before being accepted. But we cannot undertake to describe the process just to any person who asks us to do so—life is too short.
That boards conclusions?

http://i.imgur.com/uaaDz3Q.jpg

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/arc ... 30163.html

RebeccaB

Post by RebeccaB »

From McGrath's article, linked to above by Jan Steen, re Carrier's style of debate: "Since Carrier saw fit not only to sing the praises of Raphael Lataster’s recent volume, but in the process to make the false claims that T&T Clark/Continuum is not an academic press, and that Maurice Casey’s book was not peer reviewed...."

Has it been pointed out that T&T Clark (which Carrier was dissing) is the name of the press previously known as Sheffield Academic Press, the predecessor of Sheffield Phoenix?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:And by the way, Sheffield Phoenix Press wouldn't magically become more prestigious if it were officially affiliated with Sheffield—not to those in the know, anyway. There are dozens of university presses, and only a handful are Oxfords or Harvards. And then there are also private academic publishers that are top-tier in some fields: Routledge and Brill, for example.

So it's not like official university press = super prestigious and anything else = shitty.
To understand why Carrier must inflate everything, you need to see the world from the perspective of his Yugo ego.
Carriers_Dick.jpg
(78.45 KiB) Downloaded 283 times

dogen

Post by dogen »

RebeccaB wrote:From McGrath's article, linked to above by Jan Steen, re Carrier's style of debate: "Since Carrier saw fit not only to sing the praises of Raphael Lataster’s recent volume, but in the process to make the false claims that T&T Clark/Continuum is not an academic press, and that Maurice Casey’s book was not peer reviewed...."

Has it been pointed out that T&T Clark (which Carrier was dissing) is the name of the press previously known as Sheffield Academic Press, the predecessor of Sheffield Phoenix?
Good catch! In 2003 T&T merged with/subsumed Sheffied Academic Press. The founding of Sheffield Phoenix in 2007 was (given the name) likely to fill the hole vacated by Sheffield Academic Press.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%26T_Clark

dogen

Post by dogen »

dogen wrote:
RebeccaB wrote:From McGrath's article, linked to above by Jan Steen, re Carrier's style of debate: "Since Carrier saw fit not only to sing the praises of Raphael Lataster’s recent volume, but in the process to make the false claims that T&T Clark/Continuum is not an academic press, and that Maurice Casey’s book was not peer reviewed...."

Good catch! In 2003 T&T merged with/subsumed Sheffied Academic Press. The founding of Sheffield Phoenix in 2007 2004 was (given the name) likely to fill the hole vacated by Sheffield Academic Press.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%26T_Clark
Fixed.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Hmmm, very perceptive, womyns intuition I guess :D

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

ERV wrote:https://i.imgflip.com/wzv2u.jpg

Had a nice meeting today with a Big Wig about some cool data Ive generated. Really needed Big Wigs insight, as the stuff I am doing right now is waaaaaay out of my scientific comfort zone. No doubt Big Wig would get paid big bucks by a private company for the kind of meeting I got today, but Big Wig made the time to meet with some random post doc. They listened, provided me with some great advice, great encouragement, and thats it.

*shrug*
You're a sad case of internalized misogyny. The Big Wig was clearly privileged. You should have punched up, instead of fawning and listening to their advice. What's more, they should have shut up and listened to you.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bwhahah

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%26T_Clark

http://i.imgur.com/AuFoCw5.jpg

Alas the wiki citation goes to a dead page.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:
:nin:

Ha, skipped right past it!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

:nin: .

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Hahaa - holy shit, the gall of the malodorous little hobbit. He's probably narcissistic enough to believe that it's now an academic press solely on the basis that he's been published there.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Great work too guys, Brive and Jan in particular.

Man, Carrier is quite something, I find him fascinating. There must be a meltdown coming at some point. He is just too funny.

http://i.imgur.com/psMi16j.jpg

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

ERV wrote: I was told there would be sexists. "Science is an Old Boys club!"

*shrug*
Whatevs, Dr. ChillGirl

windy

Post by windy »

Eskarina wrote: Most of these thugs were probably not new immigrants. The problem of gangs of thieves and sexual harassments has been locally known for years, (not to this scale, of course) especially in Cologne, which seems to have a very week police force and a general laissez-faire attitude of "Et is noch immer jut jejange" (it always works out in the end, let's look away).
OTOH, local police are contradicting the official line, and say most of the perps were recent asylum seekers:

http://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/ ... erber.html

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

windy wrote:
Eskarina wrote: Most of these thugs were probably not new immigrants. The problem of gangs of thieves and sexual harassments has been locally known for years, (not to this scale, of course) especially in Cologne, which seems to have a very week police force and a general laissez-faire attitude of "Et is noch immer jut jejange" (it always works out in the end, let's look away).
OTOH, local police are contradicting the official line, and say most of the perps were recent asylum seekers:

Nah. It's a plot by the Global Whiteish Conspiracy, I tells ya.

http://i.imgur.com/mN7xnhB.png

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Oglebart wrote:
I didn't want to come out , I mean, 'cum out', and say that he has full blown NPD and is a sociopathic shitstain, because that would be an armchair diagnosis:P

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

another lurker wrote:
Oglebart wrote:
I didn't want to come out , I mean, 'cum out', and say that he has full blown NPD and is a sociopathic shitstain, because that would be an armchair diagnosis:P
A commenter here got really pissy with me last year when I made an armchair diagnosis. Something about how SJWs tend to be narcissistic. He was studying psychology, so, he really didn't like it when people, for shits and giggles, diagnosed fucktards on the interwebz.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Tigzy wrote:
windy wrote:

And GamerGate is to blame for the backlash from that tweet:

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Brive1987 wrote:
We can assure anyone who asks that all our books are peer reviewed before being accepted. But we cannot undertake to describe the process just to any person who asks us to do so—life is too short.
Not a very good answer. The key question in these cases is whether it was put under contract before being reviewed. Of course someone looked at it before the final version was "accepted"; the issue is whether the reviews could prevent some version from appearing in print.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Have you noticed that virtually every accusation Carrier levels is something he has done?

Creepy harassment of women at cons
Lying about peer review and a publisher
Lack of reading comprehension

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Suet Cardigan wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
windy wrote:

And GamerGate is to blame for the backlash from that tweet:
Obligatory: "Yeah, smoking like an Auschwitz chimney, you anti-Semite".

Oh fuck, is this girl real? So pleased I don't get deep into these kinds of people, and just grab tidbits from the Pit. That is such a nasty, divisive, lying, racist, piece-of-shit rumor to start putting about. Early contender for this year's Cunty in my book.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

ERV wrote:https://i.imgflip.com/wzv2u.jpg

*shrug*
You are discounting many micro and nanoaggressions because you are a chill girl. A proper intersectional third-wave feminists would manage to find terrible bad sexism everywhere. Less science, more feelz.

SM12

Post by SM12 »

Tigzy wrote:
windy wrote:

I can see what happened. Refugees at Cologne railway station were paid 30 Euros each by Pegida representatives to grope as many white women as they could.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I just realized that I have been playing ESO for about 3 weeks now, and no one has sexually harassed me.

WTH.

I thought that gamers were all about making games unsafe for wymyn.

John D

Post by John D »

Just picked up an Austrian man (likely mey new boss) and his family from the airport. It took them 1.5 hours to get through customs and they had a four month old with them. I apologized for their ordeal and made a joke that the lines are long cause everyone is trying to get into Detroit. This started a conversation where I said that it always seems to take longer to get through customs in the US than in Europe. He said that Europe is too lax in its security and that this will now change. Then he said.... did you hear what happened in Cologne?! I just met this man... and this was our first conversation... yep... this is a big deal.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Not a very good answer. The key question in these cases is whether it was put under contract before being reviewed. Of course someone looked at it before the final version was "accepted"; the issue is whether the reviews could prevent some version from appearing in print.
One would think you would document the process on your website as a badge of honour.
There a ref there for the process thats applied to articles for a specific collection - but no general ref (other than that) at all to "peer".

I asked your question.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

John D wrote:Just picked up an Austrian man (likely mey new boss) and his family from the airport. It took them 1.5 hours to get through customs and they had a four month old with them. I apologized for their ordeal and made a joke that the lines are long cause everyone is trying to get into Detroit. This started a conversation where I said that it always seems to take longer to get through customs in the US than in Europe. He said that Europe is too lax in its security and that this will now change. Then he said.... did you hear what happened in Cologne?! I just met this man... and this was our first conversation... yep... this is a big deal.
I was wondering, last night, if this kind of thing would ever happen in the USA.

If the Muslims pull this crap precisely because they know that they will get away with it. That regressive leftist governments will bend over backwards to appease them.

I can well imagine a group of Muslims trying this in Times Square and getting their asses kicked, if not then, at some point in the future.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

another lurker wrote:
John D wrote:Just picked up an Austrian man (likely mey new boss) and his family from the airport. It took them 1.5 hours to get through customs and they had a four month old with them. I apologized for their ordeal and made a joke that the lines are long cause everyone is trying to get into Detroit. This started a conversation where I said that it always seems to take longer to get through customs in the US than in Europe. He said that Europe is too lax in its security and that this will now change. Then he said.... did you hear what happened in Cologne?! I just met this man... and this was our first conversation... yep... this is a big deal.
I was wondering, last night, if this kind of thing would ever happen in the USA.

If the Muslims pull this crap precisely because they know that they will get away with it. That regressive leftist governments will bend over backwards to appease them.

I can well imagine a group of Muslims trying this in Times Square and getting their asses kicked, if not then, at some point in the future.
Apparently Merkel is talking about changing deportation law.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
That dude is nearly nude the first episode. Unless they go in a really weird direction I doubt we will see that again in the show.

Allanon more badass than Gandalf.

http://imagesmtv-a.akamaihd.net/uri/mgi ... &width=480
Gahhh! Sword of Shannarashambaladoozydoo was a clear and violent rip-off of the LOTR. Only the art of the dudebros Hildebrandt made it worth owning a copy. And who the fuck makes gnomes the badass warriors of the enemy?
GnomeAss.jpg

I honestly enjoy SoS better than LoTRs. The fact that Brooks was inspired by Tolkien is no secret. I think in the copy I own Brooks states as much (I don't have access to my books, they are all at my mother-in-law who has a no trespass notice against me). I first came upon the book as a teenagers and it just hit a cord with me.

And yeah if you are looking for it then you can come away thinking that it's a big ripe off but Brooks also grows his world (at least 25 books now) way past any Tolkien influence.

Note I have been reading the pitt all day. I have a very high fever and thus I am not taking part. I just couldn't allow this attack on Shannara stand!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

One of the founders of Sheffield Phoenix is Emeritus Professor Cheryl Exum
From 2003 to 2005 she was Director of the University of Sheffield’s Centre for the Study of the Bible in the Modern World. In 2004, with two Sheffield colleagues, David J.A. Clines and Keith W. Whitelam, she founded Sheffield Phoenix Press, now a leading publisher in the field of Biblical Studies (http://www.sheffieldphoenix.com).
She must be one of the few in this field to successfully combine a career in biblical studies with her passion for feminism.

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/theology/people/1.30271

Research interests

• Literary criticism of the Hebrew Bible
• Feminist and gender criticism
• Cultural studies
• The Bible in art, music and film
• The Song of Songs and ancient Near Eastern love poetry

Selected publications

• Tragedy and Biblical Narrative: Arrows of the Almighty
• Fragmented Women: Feminist (Sub)versions of Biblical Narratives
• Plotted, Shot and Painted: Cultural Representations of Biblical Women
• Was sagt das Richterbuch den Frauen?
• Song of Songs, A Commentary

Current Research Projects

• A monograph provisionally entitled Behold the Woman: Feminist Visual Criticism from Hagar to Mary the Mother of Jesus
• A collection of essays on Samson and Delilah
• Song of Songs, for the Phoenix Guides to the Old Testament series, a Society for Old Testament Study project

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

another lurker wrote: A commenter here got really pissy with me last year when I made an armchair diagnosis. Something about how SJWs tend to be narcissistic. He was studying psychology, so, he really didn't like it when people, for shits and giggles, diagnosed fucktards on the interwebz.

Was that the robot cat person? I don't remember.

John D

Post by John D »

another lurker wrote:

Violence, sexual assault... you name it. We have it in the US.

but.... the reaction from people, police, and the Mayor would be very different than what we see in Cologne.

A friend of mine was groped and harassed by an older drunken black guy at a New Years party downtown at Campus Martias in Detroit. She escaped into a building and the guy left. What is interesting is that all her friends gave her sympathy and wished that they could have been their to beat the fuck out of the guy. No one would have tried to explain that he was from a oppressed class so she should have stayed two yards away from him and stayed closer to friends.

Our cops are obviously more willing to get tough and violent. Often this goes badly, but I read that France is now going to let its cops shoot first in cases of danger. This is a new thing for France and I suspect it is a sign that policing will amp up across Europe.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

comhcinc wrote:
another lurker wrote: A commenter here got really pissy with me last year when I made an armchair diagnosis. Something about how SJWs tend to be narcissistic. He was studying psychology, so, he really didn't like it when people, for shits and giggles, diagnosed fucktards on the interwebz.

Dave2

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

another lurker wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Dave2

Ah. Well.

Fuck Dave@.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

lol I fucking fail at everything.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Com, you can open up to us.

Tell us your story.