Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads

Oglebart

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Oglebart »

The Yeti wrote:Ruh-roh! PZ has discovered the thread at Ashley Miller's blog, and he is extra angry and salty. TW: FTB direct link http://freethoughtblogs.com/ashleymille ... -89-white/
Nice to see he's been reading here, do you think he has a tab open? Or is a sneaky peek every now and then?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Oglebart wrote:
The Yeti wrote:Ruh-roh! PZ has discovered the thread at Ashley Miller's blog, and he is extra angry and salty. TW: FTB direct link http://freethoughtblogs.com/ashleymille ... -89-white/
Nice to see he's been reading here, do you think he has a tab open? Or is a sneaky peek every now and then?
I luvs how Peez and his sort can never admit to reading something they might potentially disagree with.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
SM12 wrote:Has Donald Trump noticed that he is 69 yet?

Somebody should remind him to do the decent thing.
Great. Now I'm going to spend the whole day thinking about Jenny Agutter. Thanks.
You mean you don't usually spend all day thinking about Jenny Agutter? What an odd person you must be.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Oglebart wrote:
https://archive.is/IvJWV

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

another lurker wrote:"Fat" is just a social construct.

If you identify as "deathfat" that is your right.

I hope they start a music genre. Deathfat Metal would rule.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

The funniest thing is reading Peezy criticising the Reason Rally and comparing it unfavourably to Skepticon, the jealousy is palpable. If Reason Rally is turning off the the FTBullies then it's very much on the right track. Myers reputation is such now that he really is a barometer for bad taste, if he approves, then steer well clear.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Oglebart wrote:The funniest thing is reading Peezy criticising the Reason Rally and comparing it unfavourably to Skepticon, the jealousy is palpable. If Reason Rally is turning off the the FTBullies then it's very much on the right track. Myers reputation is such now that he really is a barometer for bad taste, if he approves, then steer well clear.
I must admit to being surprised here: if Peezy hates the Pit so much, why is he not sending his Whord to DDOS and Pharyngulate us?

Stout

Post by Stout »

Uh oh

It looks like German women aren't the only ones that are having trouble with North Africans

North African men suspected of stoning transgender women in German city

An interesting quote from the piece

"Yasmine said it was the first time in 30 years she felt unsafe as a transgender woman."

The fist time in 30 years ?

Here I am thinking that the transes* are under threat of murder every time they step out the front door.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Lsuoma wrote:
Oglebart wrote:The funniest thing is reading Peezy criticising the Reason Rally and comparing it unfavourably to Skepticon, the jealousy is palpable. If Reason Rally is turning off the the FTBullies then it's very much on the right track. Myers reputation is such now that he really is a barometer for bad taste, if he approves, then steer well clear.
I must admit to being surprised here: if Peezy hates the Pit so much, why is he not sending his Whord to DDOS and Pharyngulate us?
I mean really. What a fellow have to do to get doxxed around here?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Stout wrote:Uh oh

It looks like German women aren't the only ones that are having trouble with North Africans

"Yasmine said it was the first time in 30 years she felt unsafe as a transgender woman."

Here I am thinking that the transes* are under threat of murder every time they step out the front door.
Well this should be interesting.

Are Islamic refugees more oppressed than transgender persons?

So far we know that black folk are more oppressed than Danielle Muscato.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Lsuoma wrote:
Why assume that he isn't? After all, it's not like we're talking numbers which are gonna make a noticeable dent. :lol:

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

another lurker wrote:For Matt and the folks who were discussing the gospels
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... witnesses/
I just want to point out that all that time spent thinking about the gospels equals time not spent thinking about Jenny Agutter.

Misogynist shitlords.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Lsuoma wrote:I must admit to being surprised here: if Peezy hates the Pit so much, why is he not sending his Whord to DDOS and Pharyngulate us?
He needs the Pit like the church needs sinners.

The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

Ericb wrote:

You be never heard of Crowbar?

[youtube]407YNmRKvQs[/youtube]

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Archive link to the latest over at Ashley M's:

https://web.archive.org/save/http://fre ... -89-white/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Dave wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: The NYT article seems closer to what I say than to your hyperboles. Especially about the difference between regulated and unregulated immigration.
What I gather from the NYT article is that some of our Lords & Masters might be getting nervous about the whole immigration business and may be considering a rethink about the outcomes.

YMMV
Will you all please stop referring to Ross Douthat's opinion piece as a NYT article? Yes, Doofhat has a regular column in the NYT as their pet conservative. But as a columnist, the NYT exercises no editorial control over what he writes and his is an opinion piece, not tied down by the need for facts, which is fortunate because Doofhat wouldnt know a fact if one bit him on the ass while dressed in a fact-suit, doing a fact-dance while singing "Im a little fact . . . "

As you can tell, Im really fond of the guy. :D :D :D
Douchehat is an obnoxious little, lying, weasely, prudish cunt. Think a conservative Alex Gabriel.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Cnutella wrote:Archive link to the latest over at Ashley M's:

https://web.archive.org/save/http://fre ... -89-white/
I love that Ashley chided the potters for hatesterbating and complaining instead of making nominations...WHICH IT LITERALLY AND PRECISELY WHAT HER ORIGINAL POST DID.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:
Giliell, professional cynic -Ilk-

14 January 2016 at 4:22 pm

BTW, I just found out that the totally not misogynists of a totally not hate forum are wishing me to be raped by “1000 goat fuckers”.
Clearly, it must be their atheism, right?
Did that happen here? I must have missed. :think:
There's no evidence.

Of course Giliell knows that evidence is a social construct, so she's constructing it socially.
Gilliel claimed there were no more than 18 goatfuckers molesting women in Cologne on New Years Eve. (Compared to the bazillions of white German men who rape during Oktoberfest that nobody cares about.) I just said: Gilliel's so big, it'd take all 1,000 goatfuckers to molest just her.

That's not misogyny; that's fat-shaming.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

another lurker wrote:
another lurker wrote:For Matt and the folks who were discussing the gospels
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... witnesses/
I just want to point out that all that time spent thinking about the gospels equals time not spent thinking about Jenny Agutter.

Misogynist shitlords.
I've never stopped "thinking" about Jenny Agutter.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Ericb wrote:

Lots of Deathfat Grunge to be had.

http://static.seattletimes.com/wp-conte ... 168756.jpg

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

German woman who was nearly raped by a Kurdish migrant doesn't exactly feel 'safe' posting about her experiences on a feminist blog:
• 35 minutes ago

Ok, so till the Cologne sexual assault thread I was thinking that people are blowing this out of proportion but I guess that changed my view about how safe or unsafe this commenting space is somewhat. I wouldn't say I am afraid to post here now but I got pretty upset by how some of that went and thought "Why am I even doing this to myself" several times. I mean, I don't think it was unsafe to post but it was just really unpleasant and while this is not exactly a fun blog I don't know why posting here should be a chore - and it was one. I definitely need some time away from certain topics now.
In a so-called 'safe space'. It's only safe for people who toe the party line. Anyone else can go fuck themselves, 'lived experience' be damned.

Really?

Post by Really? »

If you are in the mood for a little more irony, check out Ashley's previous FTB post, all the way back from October. The subject? The horror of tribalism in the community.

https://archive.is/luXFL

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

The SJWs only worry about tribalism when someone shits on their ideas.

Otherwise it is business as usual.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

This is why the SJWs love the violent, uncivilised, economic migrants refugees so much: they're making all their wet-dream fantasies of victimhood actually come true.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

screwtape wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:Great. Now I'm going to spend the whole day thinking about Jenny Agutter. Thanks.
You mean you don't usually spend all day thinking about Jenny Agutter? What an odd person you must be.
As past president of the Jenny Agutter's Clitoral Kingdom Of Fanciful Fulfillment (aka JACKOFF), I laugh at your reply.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

another lurker wrote:There is a reason that I have kept certain threads open on LJF.

The lulz keep coming in.

This is classic SJW.
Anat BarlowGirl • 30 minutes ago

Is it fatphobic to say that one personally would like to lose weight or is happy for having lost weight themselves? (Is being happy about getting into college or completing one's degree shaming and phobic towards people who for one reason or another chose not to attend college?) We can have different personal goals and celebrate whatever achievements we work hard for - and that doesn't have to be a slight against someone who does not share that goal.

Share ›

BarlowGirl Anat • 14 minutes ago

"One" does not exist in a vacuum outside of a fatphobic society. You cannot separate wanting to "personally" lose weight from a fatphobic society in which fat is bad and thin is good, and most of the time? Yeah, you do contribute to diet culture. You contribute to the myth that weight loss is possible for the vast majority of people (it's not) and you likely contribute to stereotypes about fat people (Weight loss will make you healthier! You'll have better relationships people if you get thinner! I have to lose weight because I can't do (fitness thing) and the weight loss causes me to be able to do (fitness thing) not increasing my strength/flexibility/stamina).

I will NEVER celebrate weight loss. It is NOT a goood thing. Nor it is a bad thing. Weight loss or gain is not a moral issue. And I will not celebrate a toxic culture that tells people they should try to do something probably very risky to their health that is impossible for most people, and that they're bad for not doing it. I will never celebrate a toxic culture that kills people.

This is the only response you're getting from me. I'm not going to debate Fat Acceptance 101 with you. You can research Fat Acceptance 101 for this crap
Clogged arteries are just a social construct.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
screwtape wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:Great. Now I'm going to spend the whole day thinking about Jenny Agutter. Thanks.
As past president of the Jenny Agutter's Clitoral Kingdom Of Fanciful Fulfillment (aka JACKOFF), I laugh at your reply.
I'm a charter member.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

NoGodsEver wrote: Lots of Deathfat Grunge to be had.

http://static.seattletimes.com/wp-conte ... 168756.jpg
I recognized Tad right away. Dude looks like Orson Welles these days, though.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

another lurker wrote:Damien just got threatened with a banning. By the person who banned Lila:
Damion Reinhardt The_L1985 4 hours ago

"Every human being is equally capable of committing sexual assault."

A 21 y.o. man and a prepubescent girl are equally capable? If you say so. Personally, I'd tend to assume the man was guilty in the event of an encounter between the two. Perhaps I'm relying too heavily on stereotypes.

The_L1985 Damion Reinhardt 3 hours ago

You're not arguing in good faith. This is your mod warning.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfem ... qus_thread
Applying logic to the statements they've pulled out of their asses drives them insane.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
another lurker wrote:Damien just got threatened with a banning. By the person who banned Lila:
Damion Reinhardt The_L1985 4 hours ago

"Every human being is equally capable of committing sexual assault."

A 21 y.o. man and a prepubescent girl are equally capable? If you say so. Personally, I'd tend to assume the man was guilty in the event of an encounter between the two. Perhaps I'm relying too heavily on stereotypes.

The_L1985 Damion Reinhardt 3 hours ago

You're not arguing in good faith. This is your mod warning.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfem ... qus_thread
Applying logic to the statements they've pulled out of their asses drives them insane.
Yeah.

That Michael Busch male feminist told Lila that 'transwomen are not a threat to anyone', and then later, in the Cologne thread, in an effort to exonerate the goatfuckers, he said that all people, including the 'non-binary', are capable of rape.

I would have pointed it out, but I probably would have been banned for the offense.

John D

Post by John D »

Highly recommend documentary on Netflix right now. "The Best of Enemies." It is about Buckley and Vidal. It reminds me that the public discourse is no worse today than it was in the 1960s. Things don't really change that much.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Personal Question. Won't bother me if you skip it.

My wife came over to see the kids. It was only the second time this week. She got here at 11:30 and took a shower for about 30 minutes. After that she started coloring.

I didn't have any issues with that but after awhile I noticed she really wasn't talking to the kids, just coloring. I made a comment about it and she got pissed and stormed out. All in all the kids got to see her for about an hour.

I think she is being really unfair to the kids. Thoughts?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Unhappy with the refugee situation in their town, the folks of Landshut in Bavaria decided to send Chancellor Angela Merkel a message in the form of a busload of refugees. As many as 31 Syrian migrants were transported to Merkel's office as the town's way of protesting against her open-door refugee policy.

Landshut mayor Peter Dreier organised the seven-hour journey to the Chancellery, calling it "an act of desperation". Residents too warned him "it's time we set a limit".

"We are trying to help these people integrate. But that won't work if this year we face another wave of one million, or even more," Dreier added. "I think that we have to ensure the humane treatment of these refugees," Dreier told Reuters upon his arrival in Berlin. "On this scale and within such a short time we simply can't guarantee that anymore."
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/germany-bavar ... 50919.html

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Apparently it was not one but two trans who were stoned: Leads to this article: http://www.metropolico.org/2016/01/16/s ... -dortmund/

English translation:
First, the three known to police youth had felt the two women as attractive. But as soon as the several times for assault and theft arrested North Africans had realized that they had to actually do it with transsexual men, they pushed this initially wildly, as SAT1 NRW reported. They should have felt offended by the representation of victims in their "honor". Then, the death sentence was: "you would be stoned whores", declared the three.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

AndrewV69 wrote:Apparently it was not one but two trans who were stoned: Leads to this article: http://www.metropolico.org/2016/01/16/s ... -dortmund/

English translation:
First, the three known to police youth had felt the two women as attractive. But as soon as the several times for assault and theft arrested North Africans had realized that they had to actually do it with transsexual men, they pushed this initially wildly, as SAT1 NRW reported. They should have felt offended by the representation of victims in their "honor". Then, the death sentence was: "you would be stoned whores", declared the three.
Be interesting to see how the SJWs align themselves on this. In the game of scissors-paper-stone-gay-Muslim-wombyn-trans, trans trumps all.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

another lurker wrote:

Well this should be interesting.

Are Islamic refugees more oppressed than transgender persons?

So far we know that black folk are more oppressed than Danielle Muscato.
Muslims are quickly becoming the most oppressed group of people in the world in SJW circles.

After all a POC cricketer can be banned from all cricket competitions because he dared to flirt with a white female journalist on TV, while a crowd of Muslims can harass and rape dozens of women and the SJWs will still refuse to blame them for what they did. They will even apologize for their rapes and imply that the women, being white in a white country, were just a way for the crowd to fight agains the injustices of "white supremacy", albeit in a wrong way.

White cis het "Westerner" men must be punished for jokes, shirts, flirting, video games.

Muslims can rape, harass, kill, stalk, violate women's rights, violated LGBT rights, justify rape, sexual slavery and murder for adultery, and the SJWs will still find a way to deflect the blame for their actions on "white patriarchy" or say that "whites are equally as bad".

#NotAllMen is "derailing", #NotAllMuslims is "fighting oppression".

The double standards of the SJWs are ridiculously insane. If Neil deGrasse Tyson makes a joke about women's underwear he's a gross misogynist, even you can't explain why. If a Muslim rapes a white woman he's unloading his frustration at having suffered suffered oppression under white supremacy and whites are just as bad.

This is what really disgusts me of the SJWs. All of their values, all of their ideas, go against Islamists ideas. If SJWs were really interested in defending women and LGBT people they'd criticze Muslims, support the heavy policing and vetting of Muslim immigrants, and fight off any Muslim invasion of public life.

Atheist SJWs would focus on Islam in pretty much every article. Feminist leaders would support calls for the liberation of Muslim women and would ask people to teach Muslim men not to rape. LGBT activists would organize gay prides in Muslim communities, and they'd ask Twitter to ban all the ISIS supporters. Feminist documetaries would focus not on inconseuential trivia like video games but on the abuses of women in Islam. Feminist thought leaders would write books on the Muslim rape culture, on Muslim misogyny, while LGBT leader would focus on Muslim homophobia.

However it's clear that SJWs are all about showing how virtuous they are. They support Islam because it's the "underdog" against "white supremacy". They don't care about the women, LGBT people and ex-Muslim that they throw under the bus.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Shatterface, I predict that they will pretend it didn't happen. Not unless someone shoves it in their face, Carrier style.

And trans doesn't trump all, witness Danielle Muscato vs blacklivesmatter.

windy

Post by windy »

Keating wrote: The people I know in Australia's immigration department repeatedly tell me that there's plenty of evidence that many, if not most, irregular maritime arrivals are obviously coached about what to do and say when they reach Australia in order to game our legal system. We can more often than not work out exactly who someone is, even if they've destroyed their documentation. More often then you'd think, they're some fuck who's repeatedly tried to claim asylum and been deported from the UK or the US, and have lived in many safe countries. Some even openly admit they're saying what they're saying because they've been told it's the best way to get through our legal system. Australia's privacy laws are the main reason this doesn't become mainstream news; releasing that information to the news media is considered doxxing.

Getting into a country that doesn't bother to check must be even simpler.
The guy who recently an heroed in Paris with a fake explosive vest had apparently requested asylum in several countries under different IDs:

http://www.dw.com/en/mystery-surrounds- ... a-18971436
Who was the suspected Islamist attacker shot and killed by French police last week as he ran up to a Paris police station, wearing a fake explosives vest and wielding a butcher's knife?

According to the North Rhine-Westphalian State Office of Criminal Investigation (LKA), the man lived in a refugee shelter in the western German town of Recklinghausen last year, and was apparently known under several identities across Europe.

How can the man have sought asylum in different states, used at least seven identities, and not raised alarm bells?

"It's a mystery how he could have done that," Karl Kopp of Germany's Pro Asyl group told DW. After all, states are obligated to take the refugees' fingerprints,and file them in the Eurodac database when they register the asylum seekers.

But Kopp conceded the situation was very chaotic last year. "Even though the data may in fact be there, the authorities seem not to know how to use them."
According to German authorities, the attacker had lived illegally in France for five years, and had been traveling around Europe since 2011, requesting asylum in several countries. Faced with deportation, he would disappear and move on. In January 2014, the man came to Recklinghausen, where he requested asylum. He is said to have entered Germany for the first time in 2013.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Shatterface wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:Apparently it was not one but two trans who were stoned: Leads to this article: http://www.metropolico.org/2016/01/16/s ... -dortmund/

English translation:
Be interesting to see how the SJWs align themselves on this. In the game of scissors-paper-stone-gay-Muslim-wombyn-trans, trans trumps all.
It's been covered by the right thus it didn't happen. It's all just right wing lies like they care about trans rights anyhow. :ugeek:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

another lurker wrote:Shatterface, I predict that they will pretend it didn't happen. Not unless someone shoves it in their face, Carrier style.

Exactly.

Right now Muslim Trumps all.

The big bad is the blond billionaire bastard. He went all Steersman on the Muslimsand the SJWs are focusing on him, and so defend the Muslims no matter what.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Right-wingers & MRAs only care about trans*rights when it's 'brown' people doing the stoning. Do you know how many thousands of trans*people are stoned to death by white German men each year at Oktoberfest?!

{/Gilliel]

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Right-wingers & MRAs only care about trans*rights when it's 'brown' people doing the stoning. Do you know how many thousands of trans*people are stoned to death by white German men each year at Oktoberfest?!

{/Gilliel]
More realistically she'll probably mention all the trans murdered by white supremacists.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Right-wingers & MRAs only care about trans*rights when it's 'brown' people doing the stoning. Do you know how many thousands of trans*people are stoned to death by white German men each year at Oktoberfest?!

{/Gilliel]
More realistically she'll probably mention all the trans murdered by white supremacists.
If we don't teach whities not to murder trans persons, then the Muslims will simply *not* learn.

Gawd, I love how everything comes back to whitey.

John D

Post by John D »

comhcinc wrote:Personal Question. Won't bother me if you skip it.

My wife came over to see the kids. It was only the second time this week. She got here at 11:30 and took a shower for about 30 minutes. After that she started coloring.

I didn't have any issues with that but after awhile I noticed she really wasn't talking to the kids, just coloring. I made a comment about it and she got pissed and stormed out. All in all the kids got to see her for about an hour.

Wow... shit. Sorry to hear this. Your wife is clearly not a very good parent. She is not alone. Lots of people are unskilled and should really just stick with having goldfish or something like that. Dedicated parents need to see their kids almost everyday.... perhaps just to color with them...but twice w week is odd. Does she have them on the weekend or something? Do you have full custody... I assume you do.

My wife had many long bouts of depression when the kids where young. She also has fibromyalgia, so there were periods where I spent all my time taking care of her and the kids when I was not at work. We stayed together, and I know she loves me and the kids like nothing else. Still, when she was depressed I couldn't make the slightest suggestion that she get out of bed and help. She would lash out and then sink into despair.... sometimes spending 24 hours in bed imagining how she would kill herself. I resolved to just plug along and it worked.

We always kept our problems away from the kids. I think this is the right approach. Especially little kids can't help adults with their problems. Everything with the kids needs to be age appropriate. As the kids got older we talked more about my wife's problems. They had no idea anything was wrong when they where 10. Kids need to feel 100% safe with their parents. They need to feel that mom and dad will always be strong and be able to take care of them.

So... my suggestion is to let your wife find the right way to relate with your kids. She will never accept your opinion and your fighting with her is worse for the kids. You need to be the strong and reliable parent. You can succeed at this and your kids will be fine.

I am not a therapist and my advice could be completely wrong and you are free to ignore everything I wrote.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

I got a post on my fb feed where some blog was reporting on how people were "outraged" by Emma Watson's tribute to Alan Rickman. If you've already guessed this has something to do with feminism being shoved somewhere it doesn't belong, then you are correct:
I'm not enraged. I'm not a movie buff and I couldn't have told you who played Snape in the Harry Potter movies (that I mostly didn't watch) until he died. But I do find it really telling when someone who presumably had a personal relationship with him uses his death as an opportunity to promote an ideology. Stay classy Emma.

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

comhcinc wrote:Personal Question. Won't bother me if you skip it.

I'm just a guest who you won't read, but while your wife and you have a zillion issues, and she probably has many regarding the kids, it might be enough for the kids just to have her in the room with them.

I'm not saying you need to put up with her bullshit, but short of her ignoring the kids outright or insulting or harming them, they may just be happy to see mom show up now and then. That might be all they will get for now.

But mostly, don't do anything she can use against you in court: "I came over, and he started a fight with me so I was forced to leave". As soon as she brings that up, you lose, if only because of the waste of money for the lawyer to pick that all apart and defend it.

At any rate, best wishes.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

John D wrote: Wow... shit. Sorry to hear this. Your wife is clearly not a very good parent. She is not alone. Lots of people are unskilled and should really just stick with having goldfish or something like that. Dedicated parents need to see their kids almost everyday.... perhaps just to color with them...but twice w week is odd. Does she have them on the weekend or something? Do you have full custody... I assume you do.

Thanks for that. No the kids are with me 24/7. She will come and get them from time to time but normal is just seeing them here about twice a week for about 4 hours total.

This is the main issue we have with one another now. Like today. I was told "this can't work" and I "am not allowed to tell her how to spent time with the kids". If she saw them more often I would have not said anything. I just felt that with how little they get to see her, them all coloring in silence wasn't the best use of the time.

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

In Emma's defense, that tweet came right after a tweet of hers to a facebook post where she had expressed a her sadness and gratitude over her friendship with Rickman. HOWEVER, that FB page was actually pretty short. It wouldn't have killed her to repost the sentiments themselves on twitter. So yea, atrocious timing at the least.

25 year old Emma Watson strikes me as much more naive and far more cloistered than the character she portrayed. A bit full of herself. Well, she is 25, and surrounded by the world telling her even her farts are feminist treasures.

John D

Post by John D »

comhcinc wrote:
John D wrote: Wow... shit. Sorry to hear this. Your wife is clearly not a very good parent. She is not alone. Lots of people are unskilled and should really just stick with having goldfish or something like that. Dedicated parents need to see their kids almost everyday.... perhaps just to color with them...but twice w week is odd. Does she have them on the weekend or something? Do you have full custody... I assume you do.

Thanks for that. No the kids are with me 24/7. She will come and get them from time to time but normal is just seeing them here about twice a week for about 4 hours total.

This is the main issue we have with one another now. Like today. I was told "this can't work" and I "am not allowed to tell her how to spent time with the kids". If she saw them more often I would have not said anything. I just felt that with how little they get to see her, them all coloring in silence wasn't the best use of the time.
I think I would feel very frustrated if I where you.... but what's to do? I imagine it is really hard to be a single parent... and there are more and more men taking on this role. Your wife must have lots of problems.... and she probably can't really help herself at this point in her life. Maybe stopping by to color for a while is okay right now. Still... sorry to hear about your troubles. Things should be better for you than this. I could go into the whole "life is not fair" discussion, but this is really boring, and everyone knows this already. Good luck.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Old_ones wrote:
I'm not enraged. I'm not a movie buff and I couldn't have told you who played Snape in the Harry Potter movies (that I mostly didn't watch) until he died. But I do find it really telling when someone who presumably had a personal relationship with him uses his death as an opportunity to promote an ideology. Stay classy Emma.

That was a big meh on my part. If it's something he said then it's something he said.

Stout

Post by Stout »

another lurker wrote:Shatterface, I predict that they will pretend it didn't happen. Not unless someone shoves it in their face, Carrier style.

Yes, I'm expecting them to somehow "miss" this story. I only found it because I frequent a "right wing" blog. "Right wing" because it's critical of Islam and SJWs.

I don't know where I'd go to shove this in SJW faces, guess I need to get one of Disqus things with a burner email or maybe a Facebook or Twitter

I've never actually trolled, I've thought about it lots, but I just can't seem to come up with Elfwick quality stuff that I want to write. I mean a few weeks ago I made a joke about Laverne Cox playing Rocky Horror and mused about transvestite erasure. I though it was kind of funny but, lo and behold, someone published a link where someone was actually serious about the idea. Oh well.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

John D wrote:t's to do? I imagine it is really hard to be a single parent... and there are more and more men taking on this role. Your wife must have lots of problems.... and she probably can't really help herself at this point in her life. Maybe stopping by to color for a while is okay right now. Still... sorry to hear about your troubles. Things should be better for you than this. I could go into the whole "life is not fair" discussion, but this is really boring, and everyone knows this already. Good luck.

I am leaving out a lot but from what talks I have with my kids I don't think it's enough. I think what little contact they get should be more meaningful. I know she has lots of issues but fuck so do I, so does everyone.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Stout wrote:

Yes, I'm expecting them to somehow "miss" this story. I only found it because I frequent a "right wing" blog. "Right wing" because it's critical of Islam and SJWs.

I don't know where I'd go to shove this in SJW faces, guess I need to get one of Disqus things with a burner email or maybe a Facebook or Twitter

I've never actually trolled, I've thought about it lots, but I just can't seem to come up with Elfwick quality stuff that I want to write. I mean a few weeks ago I made a joke about Laverne Cox playing Rocky Horror and mused about transvestite erasure. I though it was kind of funny but, lo and behold, someone published a link where someone was actually serious about the idea. Oh well.
Get yourself a Disqus account and come troll Patheos with us.

Usually when one of us links something good at Patheos, a few pitters will go over and fuck shit up. Some are brilliantly funny trolls a la Elfwick, others simply debate the subject. I am not particularly witty (all tit no wit), but I get around that by pointing out holes in their logic, JAQing off, if you will. Frustate them anyway you can.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Comchnchicnc I wouldn't make waves. Just chill with the kids and be the best parent you can be. If she's there are not, it's now her own business how she parents. It's frustrating as fuck but now you're separated it's none of your business and not worth the drama.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I'm super amused by the "the pit doesn't do anything waahh" stuff from FtB.

We're skeptics, we investigate your fucking bullshit. :)

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

rayshul wrote:Comchnchicnc I wouldn't make waves. Just chill with the kids and be the best parent you can be. If she's there are not, it's now her own business how she parents. It's frustrating as fuck but now you're separated it's none of your business and not worth the drama.

You are right but mang if I am not an awful parent. These kids deserve better.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

So someone just linked this on WEIT. An asshat over on LJF was all like 'don't be mean to the Muslim rapists, cuz Germans raped non-aryan women in WW2 bro'

Well.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marocchinate
Marocchinate (pronounced [marokkiˈnate], Italian for "those given the Moroccan treatment" i.e. "women raped by Moroccans") is a term applied to women who were victims of the mass rape and killings committed during World War II after the Battle of Monte Cassino in Italy. These were committed mainly by the Moroccan Goumiers, colonial troops of the French Expeditionary Corps (FEC),[1] commanded by General Alphonse Juin.

The monument "Mamma Ciociara" was erected in remembrance of the Marocchinate women, particularly those who were killed during the "liberation".

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

And I should really be shoveling snow..