Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Oglebart

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Oglebart »

Milo's report complete with video from his run-in with Slymepit award-winner Connie St Louis on BBC TV earlier today. Entertaining stuff, I think, he's clearly in his element, top trolling.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/01/1 ... n-attempt/

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

another lurker wrote:Add more words to the "offensive" word list:

14 minutes ago
What are the terms "rational" and "critical thinking" supposed to mean? The more I think about contexts in which the words are used, I realize that the majority of the time the words are used to mean "I'm awesome, and those who disagree with me are disgusting," or "I'm using with word to try and look good."

Examples include various Victorian clothing reforms, including Dr. Jaeger's "wool cloth prevents disease" theories. There's also Meiji era Japan's rational dress, which aimed at making upper class female Japanese clothing palatable to Western audiences while avoiding looking like a peasant.

Ayn Rand also seemed to enjoy the words, though she had a cult that revolved around her, in which those words meant "agree with me or else." (I think, it's been a while since I read about her social circle/cult.)

Lastly, there are people who've used those words to justify why I'm an inferior human being.

Our dear screwtape should have engaged in some *critical thinking* before knocking himself out. Twice.
Why are all examples about clothing? Is she perpetuating the stereotype that women only think about clothes?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ericb wrote:A new national anthem for the UK? Can't wait until the SJWs start adding their 2 pence to that.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35312314
Shouldn't MPs talk about something more important than changing the national anthem?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Loony leftists want even more migrants, deny that it was goatfuckers at work in Cologne, because.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/01 ... s-station/
Breitbart wrote:[Protester Mona] added, “What we’re seeing now with Charlie Hebdo suggesting that Aylan Kurdi, a 3-year-old boy who died, would somehow be responsible for these assaults, this is the kind of racism [attributing rapes to migrants] leads to”.
Breitbart adding,
Charlie Hebdo is a satirical magazine.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

#cancelRationalWiki

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ericb wrote:A new national anthem for the UK? Can't wait until the SJWs start adding their 2 pence to that.

The SJW anthem:

[youtube]sXQkXXBqj_U[/youtube]

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Kirbmarc wrote:

Shouldn't MPs talk about something more important than changing the national anthem?

No they might mess something important up.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Lsuoma wrote:
screwtape wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Incidentally, nitrogen narcosis, as you describe above, is almost certainly a much more humane way to execute people than any other method (if you're into that sort of thing).
For a physiology class I once volunteered to wear a rebreather (like a giant hot water bottle) and mask while doing some simple task like copying lines of text. It was easy. However, when I regained consciousness, I saw that I had spent several pages of writing nonsense, then drawing wavy lines instead of writing, and then apparently I fell off my stool and the mask was taken off. Now that's hypoxia, not nitrogen narcosis, and the rebreather bag was big enough that I had no sense of breathlessness from CO2 build up, but it was painless and if the mask hadn't been taken off me I would have slipped unknowing into the big sleep. I expect I was a lot smarter too, before volunteering for that. But I didn't learn my lesson, and the next year in a pharmacology practical, we all did something similar, except the bags were filled with different percentages of NO2 and we had to perform some awkward psychomotor tasks while breathing the mixture. NO2 isn't truly a general anesthetic; it knocks you out by asphyxia, and that's what dentists used to use. It's not unpleasant. When I regained consciousness, the professor took pity on me and drove me home rather than let me go on my usual hour and a half walk. Nowadays, I don't volunteer for anything.
I really, really hope you mean N2O, not NO2. For your sake.
Duh!

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

another lurker wrote:Add more words to the "offensive" word list:

14 minutes ago
What are the terms "rational" and "critical thinking" supposed to mean? The more I think about contexts in which the words are used, I realize that the majority of the time the words are used to mean "I'm awesome, and those who disagree with me are disgusting," or "I'm using with word to try and look good."
At least he/she/is isn't hypocritical enough to employ rationality and critical thinking to his/her/it's analysis.

RebeccaB

Post by RebeccaB »

another lurker wrote:Johnathan Pearce on the Cologne assaults:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/tippling/2 ... -assaults/

Did be move from SkepticInk to Patheos?
Yep, but he's maintaining strong links with those of us at SIN, and he and I are working together on a fiction imprint. Jonno's a good guy.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

another lurker wrote: Our dear screwtape should have engaged in some *critical thinking* before knocking himself out. Twice.
Well, I did rather make it harder to engage in it after the event(s). My wife has a T-shirt that says "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." I don't think she wears it to work, but it would be fun if she did being a psychiatrist.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Musically speaking I would totally support Parry/Blake's Jerusalem - best tune of the bunch.

Thank you for allowing a colonial to have some input.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Scented Nectar wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Personal Question. Won't bother me if you skip it.

My wife came over to see the kids. It was only the second time this week. She got here at 11:30 and took a shower for about 30 minutes. After that she started coloring.

I didn't have any issues with that but after awhile I noticed she really wasn't talking to the kids, just coloring. I made a comment about it and she got pissed and stormed out. All in all the kids got to see her for about an hour.

I think she is being really unfair to the kids. Thoughts?
It's weird that she took a shower at your place. Has she become homeless, or is her own shower broken or something? It's also weird that she didn't pay attention to the kids. Is she going through something mentally and become unable to care properly for them? Or perhaps she's considering letting you (or making you) be the single parent for after custody is figured out and preparing herself mentally and distancing herself. And if it's that, and while you're in between jobs, maybe you qualify for a single parent amount of welfare. And maybe child care programs and job assistance programs as well - the types that are usually given to single mothers. Assuming they are not sexist, a single father should qualify for all that.
They were working on the water at her house but she will often shower here so she can spend more time with the kids. I am not going to touch the logic of that last comment.

Outside of food assistance I don't qualify for crap. I don't know how people can get and stay on welfare but there are no options for me at all. I am feeling better and am ramping the job search back up.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

RebeccaB wrote:
another lurker wrote:Johnathan Pearce on the Cologne assaults:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/tippling/2 ... -assaults/

Did be move from SkepticInk to Patheos?
Yep, but he's maintaining strong links with those of us at SIN, and he and I are working together on a fiction imprint. Jonno's a good guy.
I like him.

He is fair and uh...rational.

He is , or was, associated with the Reasonable Doubts Podcasters? That's how I found his blog on SInk.

feathers

Post by feathers »

MacGruberKnows wrote:OK, My CAPS lock was on, I could not sign in until my fourth try, and then only if I answered:
Which of the following will not kill you if you breathe it: sarin, tabun, soman, molten lead, helium?:
This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.
The correct answer is helium. I had to look up tabun and soman. And if anyone admits to knowing what those are, expect a visit from the Secret Service.
I don't think the Service is terribly worried about you trying to produce tabun/sarin/soman. You'll probably die a horrible death trying to execute even the first reaction steps.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

HunnyBunny wrote:
He has resurfaced, producing a 567k word blog post. I have conveniently summarised it for those lacking the spoons to click on the below archive link:

TL:DR More than 2 years ago someone said Carrier was wrong. Dickie boy has now written 264 million words on why this person is 'a kook'.

Slightly longer version: Carrier wrote an article that expounded on his formidable knowledge of Cosmology, Astrophysics & Probability. An actual Cosmologist, working at a real university, said he was wrong. Carrier had many 'discussions' with this Cosmologist 2 years ago. Carrier starts his new post by saying this guy is a kook and he is not going to talk about him. And then spends the entire blog post talking about him.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160117130 ... hives/9429
Dunning-Kruger strikes again. And Carrier is still the same old lying scumbag who misrepresents what other people said.
Tricky Dicky wrote:Cosmologist Luke Barnes critiqued this [Carrier's argument on fine-tuning, JS] in a series of posts [link added, JS], and Jeff Lowder concurred somewhat in The Carrier-Barnes Exchange on Fine-Tuning (which also rounds up all the links in the debate, including my contributions).
Lowder "concurred somewhat", eh? Here are some Lowder quotes, contra Carrier:
With all due respect to Dr. Carrier, I find part 1 of Dr. Barnes’ critique to be very persuasive and, in fact, to be a prima facie devastating critique.
I strongly agree. [with Barnes, JS]
I agree. [with Barnes, JS]
(several times)
Again, it would be helpful if Carrier could spell out his reasoning here.
I think Dr. Carrier absolutely has to respond to this point by Dr. Barnes or publicly issue a retraction.
This strikes me as a devastating reply [by Barnes, JS]. Like the last point, I think Dr. Carrier absolutely has to respond or else issue a retraction.
Ouch. Same as the last two points.
If I understand Dr. Barnes’ point correctly here, then I think he is making a simple appeal to induction by enumeration and I think his argument is logically correct.
I agree with pretty much this entire section of Dr. Barnes’s essay.
I strongly agree. I hope that Dr. Carrier will directly respond to Dr. Barnes without the personal attacks.
Etcetera, etcetera.

No, Dicky, while he grants you a few points too, Lowder is overall agreeing or even strongly agreeing with Barnes on most issues.

But, of course, that can't be because Carrier was wrong on those issues. No, it must be because Barnes is a kook who misrepresented what Carrier wrote, and Lowder (who still is "a responsible philosopher" in Carrier's authoritative estimation) is a naive person who simply fell for the scam.
Tricky Dicky wrote:Lowder agrees with Barnes on a few things, but only by trusting that Barnes actually correctly described my argument. He didn’t. Lowder would do well to revisit my actual chapter, notes and all, without the distorting lens of Barnes’s approach.
It's always the same with Carrier. "People misunderstand my arguments; they haven't read my stuff carefully enough. If only they had read my book." Etcetera, ad nauseam.

What will never occur to him is that he might be wrong and that he is stupidly pontificating about things he doesn't fully understand. As is of course the case here, again. He may be the first person who is eligible for institutionalization due to Dunning-Kruger. :lol:

Malky

Post by Malky »

feathers wrote:
Malky wrote:They're all human - what more do you want? I have no idea how my kids will identify as they are a mix of Welsh/Irish/Scots/Burmese and possibly some parts not actually known.
That was one enormous gangbang then! Did you take pictures?
Possibly as I wasn't there ;) but our ancestry across the family is really that mixed, my wife's brothers and sisters go from quite brown to almost white while I am really white and don't tan. Luckily my sons tan like their mother.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

The defenders of Dr Richard Carrier PhD are more entertaining than he is.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Kirbmarc wrote:
paddybrown wrote:Looking from the outside, I'd have to say America is insane on the subject of race. Categorising people by tinier and tinier differences. Like you're not properly white if you don't have blue eyes and blonde hair? Come on, do you really want to go there?
I'm not American but the impression I got is that few people really care about the exact "classification" other than white supremacists and SJWs.
Those two can often be difficult to distinguish. Take the test:

[youtube]Z-ZX5V4Qft4[/youtube]

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Jan Steen wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:
He has resurfaced, producing a 567k word blog post. I have conveniently summarised it for those lacking the spoons to click on the below archive link:

TL:DR More than 2 years ago someone said Carrier was wrong. Dickie boy has now written 264 million words on why this person is 'a kook'.

Slightly longer version: Carrier wrote an article that expounded on his formidable knowledge of Cosmology, Astrophysics & Probability. An actual Cosmologist, working at a real university, said he was wrong. Carrier had many 'discussions' with this Cosmologist 2 years ago. Carrier starts his new post by saying this guy is a kook and he is not going to talk about him. And then spends the entire blog post talking about him.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160117130 ... hives/9429
Dunning-Kruger strikes again. And Carrier is still the same old lying scumbag who misrepresents what other people said.

*snip*

It's always the same with Carrier. "People misunderstand my arguments; they haven't read my stuff carefully enough. If only they had read my book." Etcetera, ad nauseam.

What will never occur to him is that he might be wrong and that he is stupidly pontificating about things he doesn't fully understand. As is of course the case here, again. He may be the first person who is eligible for institutionalization due to Dunning-Kruger. :lol:
I think one of the most telling things to come from this post by Dicky is the timeline.

The original to-do started over 2 years ago. The last discussion of it (that I can track down) was nearly TWO YEARS AGO.

Carrier says he is finally getting around to "clearing the dusty shelves of old unanswered things". We all know the saying 'revenge is a dish best served cold', but this dish is so cold even the mould has given up and walked off to somewhere less forgotten. Jeffery Lowder, the pretend subject of Carrier's new post had this to say:
I’ve read his rebuttal, but so much time has passed that I will need to re-read his book chapter (yes, I did read it), Barnes’ posts, and my commentary before I can even decide what to make of his rebuttal.
Get help Dick, and next time you feel the urge to correct some long-distant perceived slight, just remind yourself that nobody gives a shit.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

I like Milo, but his writing isn't always the best:
Accusing someone of making a false falsehood sounds just a tad whiny.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Oglebart wrote:Milo's report complete with video from his run-in with Slymepit award-winner Connie St Louis on BBC TV earlier today. Entertaining stuff, I think, he's clearly in his element, top trolling.

Heh, that is some funny shite. And Thulsa Do - sorry, Connie St Louis spouting untruths yet again. Now, if she'd have said Milo is a bit of a twat, then there would be little to debate. But that he called for someone's assassination? Nope. No. Didn't happen. Nada, and all that sort of thing.

It's an astonishingly outrageous lie, and yet I don't think St Louis is a deliberate liar. I got the impression from the clip that she's...well, kinda foggy about things. She either has a mental or neurological issue, or she's so ingrained with feminism and the usual patriarchy shite that she reads rape! Sexism! Assassination! into stuff that is actually not at all about rape! Sexism etc. She seems the type who'll look at a bit of Emmental and conclude that white men put the holes in there so they could enjoy raping cheese - ergo, Swiss cheese producers are bona fide rapists. I suspect that she truly does think along those lines - albeit with less exaggeration (though not much, I'd wager) - and honestly does believe that Tim Hunt is a ragin dick-schlonging sexist and Milo is indeed the Ernst Stavro Blofeld of twitter.

Still, SP Cunt of the Year - a worthy winner, no matter what the state of her nut.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

another lurker wrote:. Richard Carrier’s Rebuttal to My Commentary on His Exchange with Dr. Luke Barnes about the Fine-Tuning Argument
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/secularout ... st=atheist

All culture are equally valid right?
Stop oppressing SA, UK!
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/tippling/2 ... h-penalty/

"saudi Arabia’s foreign minister has urged Britain to “respect” his country’s use of the death penalty, two weeks after the oil-rich kingdom executed 47 people in one day.
Adel al-Jubeir, responding to a question over the kingdom’s “terrible image problem”, put to him by Channel 4 News’ Jonathan Rugman, said: “Well on this issue we have a fundamental difference. In your country, you do no execute people, we respect it. In our country the death penalty is part of our laws and you have to respect this as it is the law, part of the law, in the United States and other countries.”"
Yet another reason I'd love to see the total abolition of capital punishment in the US. I really don't want authoritarian fucks Luke Saudi Arabia using our (comparatively weak but still unconscionable) death penalty as political cover for their barbaric and religiously motivated mass executions.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

*authoritarian fucks like Saudi Arabia

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Sunder wrote:*authoritarian fucks like Saudi Arabia
Shame. It was so much more accurate the other way around.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

31-0 Panthers over Seahawks with over 6 minutes left in the first half.

I hope Lsuoma isn't drowning his sorrows over a bottle of

helium.

The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

My hypothesis (which I won't try to prove mathematically with thousands of words of bullshit about Bayesian statistics) about Carrier's latest post is that he happened upon the old criticisms of his work whole he was busy editing all of his old blogposts. The 3 part critique of Carrier by Barnes is a great read, Barnes utterly eviscerates Carrier, and demonstrates that Carrier doesn't even really grasp the concepts of probability at all. Other critiques of Carrier that I have seen demonstrate the same. When Carrier ejaculates his tours de force about Bayesian statistics, it is nothing more than a thick facade of bullshit that he assumes his fans will not even bother to read or understand. When a knowledgeable person does take the time to dissect Carrier's arguments, it always exposes Carrier as a buffoon.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Tigzy wrote:It's an astonishingly outrageous lie, and yet I don't think St Louis is a deliberate liar. I got the impression from the clip that she's...well, kinda foggy about things. She either has a mental or neurological issue, or she's so ingrained with feminism and the usual patriarchy shite that she reads rape! Sexism! Assassination! into stuff that is actually not at all about rape! Sexism etc. She seems the type who'll look at a bit of Emmental and conclude that white men put the holes in there so they could enjoy raping cheese - ergo, Swiss cheese producers are bona fide rapists. I suspect that she truly does think along those lines - albeit with less exaggeration (though not much, I'd wager) - and honestly does believe that Tim Hunt is a ragin dick-schlonging sexist and Milo is indeed the Ernst Stavro Blofeld of twitter.
Why thank you, Mr Tigzy!

*takes Emmenthaler from fridge*
*looks longingly at holes*
*throws it out*

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Can someone excise the Barnes critiques so I don't have to look at FTB or an archive of it to read them?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

feathers wrote:
Tigzy wrote:It's an astonishingly outrageous lie, and yet I don't think St Louis is a deliberate liar. I got the impression from the clip that she's...well, kinda foggy about things. She either has a mental or neurological issue, or she's so ingrained with feminism and the usual patriarchy shite that she reads rape! Sexism! Assassination! into stuff that is actually not at all about rape! Sexism etc. She seems the type who'll look at a bit of Emmental and conclude that white men put the holes in there so they could enjoy raping cheese - ergo, Swiss cheese producers are bona fide rapists. I suspect that she truly does think along those lines - albeit with less exaggeration (though not much, I'd wager) - and honestly does believe that Tim Hunt is a ragin dick-schlonging sexist and Milo is indeed the Ernst Stavro Blofeld of twitter.
Why thank you, Mr Tigzy!

*throws it out*
You know, you could just eat the cheese and leave the holes.

The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

Also of note, regarding Dr.Richard Carrier PhD, Carrier has claimed in the past that the chapters he wrote in "The End of Christianity" were "peer-reviewed". He has also claimed that he was a peer reviewed for some of the other chapters. I don't have the links offhand, but all you have to do is search "peer review" on his FTB and blogspot blogs.

The piece that Barnes utterly destroys is from "The End of Christianity" so I am assuming that sticky Dicky is claiming that it is "peer-reviewed".

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

For you fuckers who have kids...

Be careful about buying cheap jewelry for them:

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/health/cadm ... -1.3404036

Cadmuim poisoning.

The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

Sunder wrote:Can someone excise the Barnes critiques so I don't have to look at FTB or an archive of it to read them?
This post at Patheos summarizes Barnes critiques and links to them individually. It is actually 4 parts, not 3 like I said earlier.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/secularout ... ne-tuning/

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

another lurker wrote:For you fuckers who have kids...

Cadmuim poisoning.
Move to Flint, MI.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

another lurker wrote:For you fuckers who have kids...

Cadmuim poisoning.

I would never buy anything Canadian for my kids. I am not a monster.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

feathers wrote:
Why thank you, Mr Tigzy!

*throws it out*
Ah, that's where the tears in old Emmentaler come from. I should have known that it must be raep.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

comhcinc wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Personal Question. Won't bother me if you skip it.

My wife came over to see the kids. It was only the second time this week. She got here at 11:30 and took a shower for about 30 minutes. After that she started coloring.

I didn't have any issues with that but after awhile I noticed she really wasn't talking to the kids, just coloring. I made a comment about it and she got pissed and stormed out. All in all the kids got to see her for about an hour.

I think she is being really unfair to the kids. Thoughts?
It's weird that she took a shower at your place. Has she become homeless, or is her own shower broken or something? It's also weird that she didn't pay attention to the kids. Is she going through something mentally and become unable to care properly for them? Or perhaps she's considering letting you (or making you) be the single parent for after custody is figured out and preparing herself mentally and distancing herself. And if it's that, and while you're in between jobs, maybe you qualify for a single parent amount of welfare. And maybe child care programs and job assistance programs as well - the types that are usually given to single mothers. Assuming they are not sexist, a single father should qualify for all that.
They were working on the water at her house but she will often shower here so she can spend more time with the kids. I am not going to touch the logic of that last comment.

Outside of food assistance I don't qualify for crap. I don't know how people can get and stay on welfare but there are no options for me at all. I am feeling better and am ramping the job search back up.
A job would be a lot better than welfare even if you did qualify, although it seems rather unfair that you can't at least get whatever single mothers are always getting. I hope you find a nice job soon.

some guy

Post by some guy »

Billie from Ockham wrote:[youtube]ob-qmfvnQVo[/youtube]

Day Two of this discussion and no-one has yet asked the critical question about the above: is that a pimple or a Herpes just below her lower lip?
According to the worlds foremost expert on STDs, Dr Richard Carrier, Ph.D., 90% of the population already has herpes, and in any event it is no big deal, so why you even asking, you shaming shitlord!.

But in any event, I took a course from Dr Richard Carrier, Ph.D., the worlds foremost authority on the application of Bayes Theorum to the most pressing mysteries in cosmology, quantum physics, and cosmetology, so I can categorically state that because p(pimple|herpes) = p([pimple / p(jesus) * p(facial) * p((RD gf #)!), the unambiguous answer is that: a) it is a pimple, b) all physicists are idiots, and c} all rational debate about the matter is over.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Scented Nectar wrote: A job would be a lot better than welfare even if you did qualify, although it seems rather unfair that you can't at least get whatever single mothers are always getting. I hope you find a nice job soon.

Yup of course the crazy bitch at my last job is still causing issues. I had a friend call up to verify they are being truthful about my position (I was head of the tech support department and IT) I had a feeling that she was downplay my actually role and I wanted to be prepared and adjust my resume according.

Anyway turns out she refuses to give out any information about me. Won't even say if I worked there or not.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

some guy wrote: According to the worlds foremost expert on STDs, Dr Richard Carrier, Ph.D., 90% of the population already has herpes, and in any event it is no big deal, so why you even asking, you shaming shitlord!.

That shit pisses me off. The way they come up with that large number is they count all types of herpes like mono as the same thing. They know full well that isn't what people mean.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

comhcinc wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: A job would be a lot better than welfare even if you did qualify, although it seems rather unfair that you can't at least get whatever single mothers are always getting. I hope you find a nice job soon.

Yup of course the crazy bitch at my last job is still causing issues. I had a friend call up to verify they are being truthful about my position (I was head of the tech support department and IT) I had a feeling that she was downplay my actually role and I wanted to be prepared and adjust my resume according.

Anyway turns out she refuses to give out any information about me. Won't even say if I worked there or not.
Here I believe you have a right to a written notice of employment stating duration and title .... But thats here. Do you have your letter of offer still?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Brive1987 wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Here I believe you have a right to a written notice of employment stating duration and title .... But thats here. Do you have your letter of offer still?

Letter of Offer? Ha! Never had one. I have proof I worked there (checks from there W-2) it just crazy she refused to even say whether or not I worked there.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Billie from Ockham:
Fuck that. She (Connie St. Louis) is a nasty liar that makes malicious crap up to damage people. She outright slandered Milo and accused him of a serious crime. I hope he sues her into oblivion.
I personally hope she also gets blackballed from journalism and teaching it, she isn't qualified to do either. Maybe she could get a blog at FtB, she'd fit in there.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Billie from Ockham:
Fuck that. She (Connie St. Louis) is a nasty liar that makes malicious crap up to damage people. She outright slandered Milo and accused him of a serious crime. I hope he sues her into oblivion.
I personally hope she also gets blackballed from journalism and teaching it, she isn't qualified to do either. Maybe she could get a blog at FtB, she'd fit in there.
Yup. She is a disgrace to journalism. End of story.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Cunty St Louis gets away with shit because she is black and is a warrior for social justice

And because it would embarass those who supported her to admit that she is a lying cunt

Supporting her is kind of like giving medals and a promotion to those WW1 Generals who murdered thousands of men out of pure incompetence.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Lsuoma wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Billie from Ockham:
Yup. She is a disgrace to journalism. Endy of story.
Smurfy came off as a loud bully to the objective viewer I think. I hate to say so, but St. Louis appears not to be very...intellectually powerful. She was smart enough to ignore the criticism against her and lash out with lies, so she is at least on par with the average scientologist.

dogen

Post by dogen »

To me, the shocking aspect of this cartoon is not how the holes in the swiss are made, but rather the belief that swiss is just cheddar with holes in it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: "Mona" Says:
“That correlation, there is no evidence for it,” claimed Mona, adding, “I’ve been harassed in Germany a lot of times and it was always by white people, I don’t have the experience of being harassed by refugees”.
:doh: :doh: :doh:
I'm noticing a form of mental retardation prevalent among SJWs, namely: their personal anecdotes trump any & all evidence from the rest of the world. (another lurker will confirm that Gilliel & Raging Bee are notorious for this.)

I believe there's an 'SJW personality type', with narcissism at its core. Thoughts?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

dog puke wrote:
another lurker wrote:I got a new shovel yesterday!

Kinda like this:

http://canadiantire.scene7.com/is/image ... $sri-image$

Might be handy for the big drifts.
Is that a Husqvarna?
I was hoping to start a heated debate over who has the best shovel.

/sigh

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

paddybrown wrote: Looking from the outside, I'd have to say America is insane on the subject of race. Categorising people by tinier and tinier differences. Like you're not properly white if you don't have blue eyes and blonde hair? Come on, do you really want to go there?
That's how it looks from the inside, too.

Actually, it seemed that the US had largely moved past race as a big issue. But obama's 2008 campaign played the race card hard, heavy & incessantly. (Nor has he or his administration ever stopped.) That dredged up a lot of old shit -- primarily, though, on the Left, where White Guilt and xenophilia and the desperate need to be simultaneously liked by PoCs, while coddling them like house pets, addles brains.

Hopefully, after obama's reign comes to an end, we can get back to the things that really unite us as a nation -- manichean scrums over guns & hoovered fetuses.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
paddybrown wrote: Looking from the outside, I'd have to say America is insane on the subject of race. Categorising people by tinier and tinier differences. Like you're not properly white if you don't have blue eyes and blonde hair? Come on, do you really want to go there?

Actually, it seemed that the US had largely moved past race as a big issue. But obama's 2008 campaign played the race card hard, heavy & incessantly. (Nor has he or his administration ever stopped.) That dredged up a lot of old shit -- primarily, though, on the Left, where White Guilt and xenophilia and the desperate need to be simultaneously liked by PoCs, while coddling them like house pets, addles brains.

Hopefully, after obama's reign comes to an end, we can get back to the things that really unite us as a nation -- manichean scrums over guns & hoovered fetuses.
A friend of mine has a theory on that.

He thinks that the race card works in everyone's favour - Republicans and Democrats - because if bad policies are criticized, those criticisms can be handwaved away with 'oh, they are just racist'

It's a get out of jail free card.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Oglebart wrote:Milo's report complete with video from his run-in with Slymepit award-winner Connie St Louis on BBC TV earlier today. Entertaining stuff, I think, he's clearly in his element, top trolling.

Maybe one of you twitterati could twat Milo the results of our awards?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Really? wrote:
Smurfy came off as a loud bully to the objective viewer I think. I hate to say so, but St. Louis appears not to be very...intellectually powerful. She was smart enough to ignore the criticism against her and lash out with lies, so she is at least on par with the average scientologist.

They all came off as pretty bad. If I was judging I would say Milo won. He mentioned the Pew Poll that people can look up. They brought up his tweets that people can look up. They mention St. Louis lying which can be looked up.

For someone who is interested in this stuff but on the fence they were giving a lot they could google.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Here Matt:

https://immeasurablemind.wordpress.com/ ... ssism-pt2/

https://immeasurablemind.wordpress.com/ ... ssism-pt1/
1) Feels Threatened: “An upsetting event occurs and the narcissist feels threatened. It could be rejection of sex, disapproval at work, embarrassment in a social setting, jealousy of other’s success, or feelings of abandonment, neglect, or disrespect”. The micro-aggression occurs. The feminist SJW sees men admiring an advert of a woman with a perfect physique. All the sudden she is reminded of her out of shape body and how she was mercilessly teased about it when younger. She gets nervous. “Most narcissists repeatedly get upset over the same underlying issues whether the issue is real or imagined. They also have a tendency to obsess over the threat over and over”. Its not the first time she gets mad at men for admiring the female body. Last week she chastised her brother for buying a poster of a swimsuit model. She argued with a Redditor over his choice to reject a girl because she’s unattractive. She’s raging over perceived objectification, and as we all know, she’s not alone.

2) Abuses Others: “The narcissist engages in some sort of abusive behavior. The abuse can be physical, mental, verbal, sexual, financial, spiritual or emotional.”. Financial. In an evil capitalist society, the greatest form of abuse is financial. Its why most companies attacked by SJWs cave right away. Its simply not worth losing customers/reputation over a stupid micro-aggression. The feminist might call for a boycott of a clothing store that doesn’t sell XXXL clothing, or the radical homosexual might threaten gay businessmen for donating to a conservative politician. The possibilities are endless. “Finally tired of the assault, the abused defensively fights back”. GamerGate, Menimism, the Men’s Rights Movement, Protein World defending their ad.

3) Becomes the Victim: “This is when the switchback occurs. The narcissist uses the abused behavior as further evidence that they are the ones being abused. The narcissist believes their own twisted victimization by bringing up past defensive behaviors that the abused has done as if the abused initiated the abuse”. If this is not classic SJW behavior then I don’t know what is. Menimism? Oh they’re just using humor to protect the patriarchy. GamerGate? They’re the ones sending poor Anita Sarkeesian those death threats that somehow never surface. The MRA? They’re just shifting attention from all the victimized, 1st world, white womyn feminists.

4) Feels Empowered: “Once the abused have given in or up, the narcissist feels empowered. This is all the justification the narcissist needs to demonstrate their rightness or superiority. The abused has unknowingly fed the narcissistic ego and only to make it stronger and bolder than before. But every narcissist has an Achilles heel and the power they feel now will only last till the next threat to their ego appears”. Whenever a business caves in to SJW demands, they give legitimacy to these mentally ill fuckwits. The more they’re allowed to receive mainstream attention and the more they go unchallenged, the harder it will become to remove entrenched SJW ideals from mainstream society. This is why its so important to openly expose their double standards and logical fallacies.
I haven't read the whole thing yet.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

another lurker wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

A friend of mine has a theory on that.

He thinks that the race card works in everyone's favour - Republicans and Democrats - because if bad policies are criticized, those criticisms can be handwaved away with 'oh, they are just racist'

It's a get out of jail free card.

It is an easy way to derail a subject.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

And if Hillary is elected President, expect more of the same.

I mean, the Republicans will get what they want regardless. Most of what we saw the last 8 years was just political theatre. The Repubs would pretend play hardball, and Obama would pretend play 'ok well I guess I gotta do what they want, they are just so mean'

That way, the Kochs get what they want, and Obama doesn't get the blame. He was forced to cave ! Proof? The fucking TPP, that's what. No true liberal (haha) would support the abomination that is the TPP.

And then we spent the rest of year arguing about teh geys and abortion, because those two subjects are like SQUIRREL to the American public.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

comhcinc wrote:

Go to legal aid. She has to verify your work status there, or she's getting into legal problems. If legal aid isn't an option, see if there's any pro bono employment attorneys about, or ask at an unemployment office.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Go to legal aid. She has to verify your work status there, or she's getting into legal problems. If legal aid isn't an option, see if there's any pro bono employment attorneys about, or ask at an unemployment office.

I can't remember if you are in the States or not but there is no place I know of called "legal aid".

Honestly I fine with her doing it. If asked why I no longer work at that company I intend to say it is because my boss didn't like me and was a little unhinged. Her acting that way on phone calls just help my case.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Really? wrote: Smurfy came off as a loud bully to the objective viewer I think. I hate to say so, but St. Louis appears not to be very...intellectually powerful. She was smart enough to ignore the criticism against her and lash out with lies, so she is at least on par with the average scientologist.
Yes, that is the first time I had seen St Louis on video, and yes...more than a hint of exceptional individual about her.