Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Guestus Aurelius

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

The Yeti wrote:
<snip>

When a knowledgeable person does take the time to dissect Carrier's arguments, it always exposes Carrier as a buffoon.
[youtube]jQhDgZLJPvM[/youtube]

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

comhcinc wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Go to legal aid. She has to verify your work status there, or she's getting into legal problems. If legal aid isn't an option, see if there's any pro bono employment attorneys about, or ask at an unemployment office.

I can't remember if you are in the States or not but there is no place I know of called "legal aid".

Honestly I fine with her doing it. If asked why I no longer work at that company I intend to say it is because my boss didn't like me and was a little unhinged. Her acting that way on phone calls just help my case.
Shoot, I'm as 'merkin as they come, parnder. http://www.georgialegalaid.org

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Oglebart wrote:Milo's report complete with video from his run-in with Slymepit award-winner Connie St Louis on BBC TV earlier today. Entertaining stuff, I think, he's clearly in his element, top trolling.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/01/1 ... n-attempt/
Maybe one of you twitterati could twat Milo the results of our awards?
Yes, I had that thought earlier too. I don't have an account myself, been trying to decide if I want to get started with it, so can't do it myself at the moment. I did hear a livestream with Milo and Sargon where they were gushing over Godfrey Elfwick, so mentioning the Pit as his spiritual home may help senpai notice us? I'm sure Parsehole wouldn't mind :D

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I think all that fluoride in the water is to blame, or Feminism, or or or ?

Doctor sues mother of his child for emotional damages
“The case is certainly precedent-setting because no one has ever tried to do this before,” said DD’s lawyer, Morris Cooper, who characterized PP’s argument as “really a claim for wrongful pregnancy and birth.”

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

The Yeti wrote:Also of note, regarding Dr.Richard Carrier PhD, Carrier has claimed in the past that the chapters he wrote in "The End of Christianity" were "peer-reviewed". He has also claimed that he was a peer reviewed for some of the other chapters. I don't have the links offhand, but all you have to do is search "peer review" on his FTB and blogspot blogs.

The piece that Barnes utterly destroys is from "The End of Christianity" so I am assuming that sticky Dicky is claiming that it is "peer-reviewed".
It occurred to me that Carrier may not be lying, when he claims that his book chapters were peer-reviewed. After all, what exactly is a peer?
One who takes rank with another in point of natural gifts or other qualifications; an equal in any respect. [Oxford Dictionary]
An equal of Carrier would be another clown who doesn't understand mathematics[/physics/psychology/biology/etc.], but pretends so hard he does, that the result is not even wrong. One of his buddies would probably qualify.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Oglebart wrote:Milo's report complete with video from his run-in with Slymepit award-winner Connie St Louis on BBC TV earlier today. Entertaining stuff, I think, he's clearly in his element, top trolling.

Maybe one of you twitterati could twat Milo the results of our awards?
I did that this morning.

Billie from Ockham

Jan Steen wrote:
The Yeti wrote:Also of note, regarding Dr.Richard Carrier PhD, Carrier has claimed in the past that the chapters he wrote in "The End of Christianity" were "peer-reviewed". He has also claimed that he was a peer reviewed for some of the other chapters. I don't have the links offhand, but all you have to do is search "peer review" on his FTB and blogspot blogs.

The piece that Barnes utterly destroys is from "The End of Christianity" so I am assuming that sticky Dicky is claiming that it is "peer-reviewed".
The key issue is not the "peer" part of the label. Many chapters are invited, so they were going to appear (maybe after some edits) in some form, no matter what, which is why they are not referred to as "peer-reviewed." Only something that could have been rejected is said to have "survived" peer review. The most frequent forms of invited chapter in my field are books for festschrifts and encyclopedia entries.

One of my pubs was invited. I do not list it with my peer-reviewed stuff.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Following a link someone gave I saw 'Hottest female golfers' clickbait. So I clicked it. Gotta say, there are a lot of hot female golfers out
there. Most probably make more from endorsements while wearing bikinis or lingerie than they do from golf.

Anyway, I was trying to remember the female golfer who got a lot of attention 10 or 15 years ago so I googled 'female golfer' and thought I would go from there.

Here is the first page of hits:
The 20 Hottest Women of Golf | Men's Health
Top 10 Sexiest Female Golfers - TheRichest
The 9 Most Stunning Female Golfers - FitStyleLife
Most Beautiful Women in Golf | Golf.com
Top 10 hottest women golfers of all time - YouTube
List of female golfers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Women's World Golf Rankings - Wikipedia, the free ...
Top 15 Sexiest Female Golfers - TheSportster
Top 10 Hottest Female Golfers 2015 SporteologySporteology
The 25 Hottest Female Golfers In The World - RantSports
We've come a long way baby.

And the female golfer I was trying to find turned out to be Michelle Wie. She wasn't in the top ten clickbait I looked at.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sharia courts treat women as second class citizens. The idea that there can be more than one law in a country is absurd.

The fact that an unequal, religiously-inspired law has any kind of space in a secular society is a ìnsane. Sharia courts should be abolished.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

It bears repeating what Dr. Carrier PhD himself wrote about his three (!) peer-reviewed (!!) chapters in The End of Christianity (the long awaited sequel to The Christian Delusion, as you-know-who put it). I mean, just for the laughs, OK?
Of course I'm Richard Carrier, and this time three chapters are mine. The last of these is "Moral Facts Naturally Exist (and Science Could Find Them)," a formal, peer-reviewed philosophical defense of my moral theory in Sense and Goodness without God. This shall be for a long time the go-to chapter for arguing and defending my theory of moral facts. It includes deductive syllogisms establishing every key point, and extensive argument and references. There is no room left for any rational objection. To those keen on that issue, I believe this chapter alone justifies the price of the book. As per my usual style, I aimed to make it a tour de force on the subject.

My other two chapters use Bayes' Theorem to demonstrate, conclusively, that Christianity is very probably false. One (Christianity's Success Was Not Incredible) summarizes and expands on my argument in Not the Impossible Faith that Christianity makes no sense as the genuine revelation of a Divine Caregiver, but perfect sense as a purely cultural product of its time and place. The probabilities I plug into Bayes' Theorem here are unarguable, even by an honest fundamentalist. So rejecting its conclusion requires bold-faced irrationality. The second (Neither Life Nor the Universe Appear Intelligently Designed) is another deliberate tour de force refuting the Design argument in every major form, including the Fine Tuning Argument, the Argument from Improbable Biogenesis, and the Argument to Irreducible Complexity, as well as arguments from mind, beauty, and intelligibility. I strove to make this chapter so tight and decisive as to be required reading on the subject, and what you should always refer Christians to when debating any design argument. In my opinion, that argument is now done for. RIP.
And no, this is not a parody. The poor guy is being dead serious. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://web.archive.org/web/201601172257 ... anity.html

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Kirbmarc wrote:Sharia courts treat women as second class citizens. The idea that there can be more than one law in a country is absurd.

The fact that an unequal, religiously-inspired law has any kind of space in a secular society is a ìnsane. Sharia courts should be abolished.
Sharia courts are a tool of the Patriarchy.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Kirbmarc wrote:Sharia courts treat women as second class citizens. The idea that there can be more than one law in a country is absurd.

No fucking way.

Lady_Black told Matt and I that Quiverfull is just like Saudi Arabia. That the shame that Josh Duggar's sisters felt after it was revealed that he molested them was,my ,almost identical to the stoning to death that a S.A rape victim might very well get!

I do love the lengths that SJWs will go to in order to paint violent Islamists in a good light. See, you don't need to troll them Elfwick style. Just sealion, and watch them twist themselves into knots. Collect good quotes and then enjoy the lulz.

RebeccaB

Post by RebeccaB »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: ...
I believe there's an 'SJW personality type', with narcissism at its core. Thoughts?
To add to AL's links: I think the concept of "collective narcissism" aka "group narcissism" offers some insight into the SJW phenom. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_narcissism

At heart, it's just another malignant ideology. [Question: does "ideology" imply "malignant"?]

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Billie from Ockham wrote: One of my pubs was invited. I do not list it with my peer-reviewed stuff.
But it was a deliberate tour de force nonetheless, right?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Someone needs to ask Carrier about what he thinks about Squirrely Amy and her peer reviewed science art.
I haven't heard too much about that project lately btw, I wonder if she did a bunch that didn't pass peer review, if nobody bought the space art abortion that Phil Plait peer reviewed and she just gave up. or whether she ran out of sciencey ideas. :drool:

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Someone needs to ask Carrier about what he thinks about Squirrely Amy and her peer reviewed science art.
I haven't heard too much about that project lately btw, I wonder if she did a bunch that didn't pass peer review, if nobody bought the space art abortion that Phil Plait peer reviewed and she just gave up. or whether she ran out of sciencey ideas. :drool:
Maybe the flattened turd-on-a-rope has gone out of fashion. Do the usual suspects still wear them?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

RebeccaB wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: ...
I believe there's an 'SJW personality type', with narcissism at its core. Thoughts?
To add to AL's links: I think the concept of "collective narcissism" aka "group narcissism" offers some insight into the SJW phenom. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_narcissism

At heart, it's just another malignant ideology. [Question: does "ideology" imply "malignant"?]
And screwtape linked to this quote a few days ago:
Nothing makes us less capable of empathy than consciousness of victimhood. Self-conscious victimhood leads to cruelty that calls itself righteousness and thereby generates more victims. Students who encounter this idea experience a thrill of recognition. Kirillov experiences “that profound and somewhat cynical, ugly contempt only to be found in the eyes of sorrow and indigence” when confronted with “well-nourished comfort,” and he surrenders to righteous rage.
http://combatblog.net/?p=7905

I also find it interesting how SJWs successfully 'other' those of us who would disagree. I was thinking about how trans-activists treat TERFS. The radfems want to 'exterminate' them'. A lesbian not wanting to have PIV sex with pre-op trans-bear is guilty of 'not wanting transwomen to exist on this planet'.

It's really easy to be extremely cruel to those who disagree with you if you paint them as complete and utter monsters. And if something bad happens to a TERF as a result of all of this hyperbole, well who cares right, she was evil incarnate.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Surly-Ramics, I mean, or whatever the trinkets are called.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Jan Steen wrote:It bears repeating what Dr. Carrier PhD himself wrote about his three (!) peer-reviewed (!!) chapters in The End of Christianity (the long awaited sequel to The Christian Delusion, as you-know-who put it). I mean, just for the laughs, OK?
Of course I'm Richard Carrier, and this time three chapters are mine. The last of these is "Moral Facts Naturally Exist (and Science Could Find Them)," a formal, peer-reviewed philosophical defense of my moral theory in Sense and Goodness without God. This shall be for a long time the go-to chapter for arguing and defending my theory of moral facts. It includes deductive syllogisms establishing every key point, and extensive argument and references. There is no room left for any rational objection. To those keen on that issue, I believe this chapter alone justifies the price of the book. As per my usual style, I aimed to make it a tour de force on the subject.

My other two chapters use Bayes' Theorem to demonstrate, conclusively, that Christianity is very probably false. One (Christianity's Success Was Not Incredible) summarizes and expands on my argument in Not the Impossible Faith that Christianity makes no sense as the genuine revelation of a Divine Caregiver, but perfect sense as a purely cultural product of its time and place. The probabilities I plug into Bayes' Theorem here are unarguable, even by an honest fundamentalist. So rejecting its conclusion requires bold-faced irrationality. The second (Neither Life Nor the Universe Appear Intelligently Designed) is another deliberate tour de force refuting the Design argument in every major form, including the Fine Tuning Argument, the Argument from Improbable Biogenesis, and the Argument to Irreducible Complexity, as well as arguments from mind, beauty, and intelligibility. I strove to make this chapter so tight and decisive as to be required reading on the subject, and what you should always refer Christians to when debating any design argument. In my opinion, that argument is now done for. RIP.
And no, this is not a parody. The poor guy is being dead serious. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not only dead serious, but that "Of course, I'm Richard Carrier..." deserves preservation as an example of how fucking big-headed this twat has become:
Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 7.09.22 PM.png
(129.69 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
There will come a day, if the Pit does its job, when "of course you are, but aren't you sorry and wouldn't you like to pretend to be someone else?" will become the order of the day.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Richard Carrier is the real counterpart to Godfrey Elfwick.

Billie from Ockham

Jan Steen wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote: One of my pubs was invited. I do not list it with my peer-reviewed stuff.
Well, there have been no subsequent papers on the topic, so it was either that or I was off in my own little world (as usual).

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:
Well, there have been no subsequent papers on the topic, so it was either that or I was off in my own little world (as usual).
You're supposed to say that you've ended all rational debate on the topic.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Jan and Ape, check your PMs.

Billie from Ockham

Jan Steen wrote:You're supposed to say that you've ended all rational debate on the topic.
I know, but I can't. You see, there had been no rational debate before my chapter.

free thoughtpolice

Jan Steen wrote:
Maybe the flattened turd-on-a-rope has gone out of fashion. Do the usual suspects still wear them?
I don't know cause I don't hang with all the cool kids, but: I. Just. Can't. imagine them going out of fashion.
:bjarte:

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

I lolled at this sentence in particular:
Richard 'Spunky Monkey' Carrier wrote:This shall be for a long time the go-to chapter for arguing and defending my theory of moral facts.
If Plato himself had written this, it would still come across as insufferable self-aggrandizement. Coming from an unemployed blogger like our Dicky, it is beyond ludicrous.
  • "for a long time" - implying that far into the future people will still be studying Carrier's immortal Theory of Moral Facts.
  • "the go-to chapter" - implying that there will be numerous other chapters, nay, whole textbooks, written about Carrier's Theory, but this will remain the best (for a long time to come, at least).
  • "my theory of moral facts" - implying that Carrier can come up with an original theory about morality, after countless philosophers through the ages tried (and apparently failed) to settle these matters.
Someone please pinch me. Is this guy real? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

screwtape wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:It bears repeating what Dr. Carrier PhD himself wrote about his three (!) peer-reviewed (!!) chapters in The End of Christianity (the long awaited sequel to The Christian Delusion, as you-know-who put it). I mean, just for the laughs, OK?

Not only dead serious, but that "Of course, I'm Richard Carrier..." deserves preservation as an example of how fucking big-headed this twat has become:
Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 7.09.22 PM.png
There will come a day, if the Pit does its job, when "of course you are, but aren't you sorry and wouldn't you like to pretend to be someone else?" will become the order of the day.
I Will forever live with the shame of having bought the Kindle edition of that dreadful "Sense and Goodness Without God" book. It was several years ago, the book was on sale, and the only work I knew of from Carrier was his articles from infidels.org. The book was absolutely dreadful to read, it is as boring and long winded as his current blog posts. As for the ideas in his shitty book, his defense of naturalism stuff mostly makes sense. His whole theory of moral facts however, is nothing but lame, pseudo-intellactual twattery.

I want to post an Amazon review, I just can't bring myself to invest the time in reading that shitty book again.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Jan Steen wrote:I lolled at this sentence in particular:
Richard 'Spunky Monkey' Carrier wrote:This shall be for a long time the go-to chapter for arguing and defending my theory of moral facts.
If Plato himself had written this, it would still come across as insufferable self-aggrandizement. Coming from an unemployed blogger like our Dicky, it is beyond ludicrous.
  • "for a long time" - implying that far into the future people will still be studying Carrier's immortal Theory of Moral Facts.
  • "the go-to chapter" - implying that there will be numerous other chapters, nay, whole textbooks, written about Carrier's Theory, but this will remain the best (for a long time to come, at least).
  • "my theory of moral facts" - implying that Carrier can come up with an original theory about morality, after countless philosophers through the ages tried (and apparently failed) to settle these matters.
Someone please pinch me. Is this guy real? :lol: :lol: :lol:
All I want to say is that my hat is off to all of you guys who can read Dickies drivel and not be immediately inflicted with a seizure inducing migraine headache after the first paragraph.

I am perfectly serious about this.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

comhcinc wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: A job would be a lot better than welfare even if you did qualify, although it seems rather unfair that you can't at least get whatever single mothers are always getting. I hope you find a nice job soon.

Yup of course the crazy bitch at my last job is still causing issues. I had a friend call up to verify they are being truthful about my position (I was head of the tech support department and IT) I had a feeling that she was downplay my actually role and I wanted to be prepared and adjust my resume according.

Anyway turns out she refuses to give out any information about me. Won't even say if I worked there or not.
Does your former job have an HR department? They should be handling references and can divulge that you worked there and what dates. Possibly salary though I'm not sure. What she's doing is not legal.

Also if you're taking care of the kids you deserve child support. Don't be nice about that.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Didn't Carrier argue once that liking his own posts was "self-promotion" and "what thinkers and artists do"?

I think it was on The Yeti's blog.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Kirbmarc wrote:Didn't Carrier argue once that liking his own posts was "self-promotion" and "what thinkers and artists do"?

Yes, he did. Can you think of anything more pathetic?

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Kirbmarc wrote:Didn't Carrier argue once that liking his own posts was "self-promotion" and "what thinkers and artists do"?

And using sock puppets like Grubb? That gun nut John Lott used them so I guess he's a peer.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

I remember that, pretty sure it was at Yeti's, I'm sure he can confirm. He absolutely could not see the problem with it. This is enjoyable, watching him taken to task like this. So much pomposity....

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

katamari Damassi wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: A job would be a lot better than welfare even if you did qualify, although it seems rather unfair that you can't at least get whatever single mothers are always getting. I hope you find a nice job soon.

Yup of course the crazy bitch at my last job is still causing issues. I had a friend call up to verify they are being truthful about my position (I was head of the tech support department and IT) I had a feeling that she was downplay my actually role and I wanted to be prepared and adjust my resume according.

Anyway turns out she refuses to give out any information about me. Won't even say if I worked there or not.
Does your former job have an HR department? They should be handling references and can divulge that you worked there and what dates. Possibly salary though I'm not sure. What she's doing is not legal.

Also if you're taking care of the kids you deserve child support. Don't be nice about that.

It's a small company. Less than 10 people. There is no HR department. If there was an HR department I would probably still have a job there. Me and the wife are still married but she does cover a potion of the bills.

The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

Yes it was on my blog. It was quite an honor to have a preeminent scholar like Carrrier ejaculate his expert opinion on STDs in my comment section.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

The Yeti wrote:

Yes it was on my blog. It was quite an honor to have a preeminent scholar like Carrrier ejaculate his expert opinion on STDs in my comment section.
Only to be put in his place (that is, next to the trash can) by Skep tickle. Good times.

The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

Jan Steen wrote:
The Yeti wrote:

Only to be put in his place (that is, next to the trash can) by Skep tickle. Good times.
Right now, Dr. Luke Barnes is questioning Carrier about his knowledge of Bayes Theorum, and Carrier is trying to dodge the questions. I predict some serious lolz to come As Carrier is exposed yet again as a poser.

To see this just type "richardccarrier" into a Twitter search and hit the "most recent" tab.

I really hope Dr. Barnes writes another reply post to Carrier. His first series of posts absolutely destroyed Carrier.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

One of you shitlords linked this excellent analysis a few months ago:

http://jaredburrell.com/oops-i-joined-a-cult/

The writer concluded that the 'male feminist' in this case was really in it for the social status. And what better way to hide actual misogyny than by claiming to be a better feminist than wymyn!

^Makes me think of Carrier. He's in it for the social status, nothing more. Dudebro doesn't actually give a shit about social justice.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Just watched that episode of that silly show. My observations:

* Kate Smurfwaste is a narcissistic cunt who runs her fat ugly gob non-stop & thinks shouting down opponents = winning the debate;
* Connie St. Louis rides the short bus;
* I'm very disappointed that it turns out Gary Oldman is such a mangina and his career has sunk so low as to host this idiotic show.

free thoughtpolice

That was Gary Oldman!
I guess that I just have to accept that people that portray fictional characters for a living aren't the most reliable source to determine what reality is. :(
At least he didn't go full Ben Affleck.

Really?

Post by Really? »

another lurker wrote:One of you shitlords linked this excellent analysis a few months ago:

The writer concluded that the 'male feminist' in this case was really in it for the social status. And what better way to hide actual misogyny than by claiming to be a better feminist than wymyn!

^Makes me think of Carrier. He's in it for the social status, nothing more. Dudebro doesn't actually give a shit about social justice.
Allow me to disagree. Dr. Carrier PhD is "in" social justice for the pussy. Do we honestly think he can get a successful career woman in her 20s, 30s or 40s? Someone who he feels is his intellectual and sexual peer? Hell, no. He doesn't have a traditional job, makes too little money and lives (according to him) in the bad part of a city far removed from San Fran or other places where his lines might trick some junior editor at Buzzfeed who is 23 years old and just got her women's studies MA from Barnard into letting her boyfriend come on his face.

I don't think Carrier is a huge sexist or thinks women are inferior, but he only cares about the FTB and A+ brand of feminism inasmuch as it will keep his dick wet after dancing the night away at Skepticon. Carrier and PUA are two different sides of the same coin. Carrier embraces radical feminism to get laid while PUA rejects radical feminism to get laid. In a way, you can't blame him. Lions need to kill gazelles. Rebecca Watson needs attention. Carrier needs pussy with a tertiary commitment.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Greetings fellow 'Pitters!

Its been a while; real life has been grinding me down (new job, new significant other etc) but I'm back! I'll try to play catch-up but something tells me I'll end up not bothering.

Anyway, Vive la Patriarchy and all that good stuff.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Really? wrote:
another lurker wrote:One of you shitlords linked this excellent analysis a few months ago:

Allow me to disagree. Dr. Carrier PhD is "in" social justice for the pussy. Do we honestly think he can get a successful career woman in her 20s, 30s or 40s? Someone who he feels is his intellectual and sexual peer? Hell, no. He doesn't have a traditional job, makes too little money and lives (according to him) in the bad part of a city far removed from San Fran or other places where his lines might trick some junior editor at Buzzfeed who is 23 years old and just got her women's studies MA from Barnard into letting her boyfriend come on his face.

I don't think Carrier is a huge sexist or thinks women are inferior, but he only cares about the FTB and A+ brand of feminism inasmuch as it will keep his dick wet after dancing the night away at Skepticon. Carrier and PUA are two different sides of the same coin. Carrier embraces radical feminism to get laid while PUA rejects radical feminism to get laid. In a way, you can't blame him. Lions need to kill gazelles. Rebecca Watson needs attention. Carrier needs pussy with a tertiary commitment.

YOU DISAGREED WITH ME!!!111

I DON'T HAVE THE SPOONS FOR THIS11111111

I am only here for the pussy, btw.

How convenient that I am the one who supplies the pussy! Or, cheesecake, rather:P

P.S Carrier is a creep.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

another lurker wrote:
dog puke wrote:
another lurker wrote:I got a new shovel yesterday!

Kinda like this:

http://canadiantire.scene7.com/is/image ... $sri-image$

Might be handy for the big drifts.
Is that a Husqvarna?
I was hoping to start a heated debate over who has the best shovel.

/sigh
I think we all just assumed that we would post photos of our huge ass shovels, but then you would show us your nuclear-powered twelve-ton backhoe and we would all cry that a woman had better gardening equipment than us.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

another lurker wrote:
P.S Carrier is a creep.

I have from time to time shown my wife Carrier's writings. That is her response every time.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Really? wrote: Dr. Carrier PhD ... doesn't have a traditional job, makes too little money and lives (according to him) in the bad part of a city far removed from San Fran....
I won't mention the city by name (though he himself has), but it's all bad parts.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:

Kinda like this:

I think we all just assumed that we would post photos of our huge ass shovels
I thought that was a snow shovel. But looking at the contour on the blade, I can see now that is is an ass shovel.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

free thoughtpolice wrote:Someone needs to ask Carrier about what he thinks about Squirrely Amy and her peer reviewed science art.
I had a quick google but couldn't find anything relevant, other than the new (to me) information that she was interviewed by Scientific American in 2012:

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/sym ... of-reason/

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Gumby wrote:Jan and Ape, check your PMs.
This sounds interesting.

Hey, is anyone still in touch with Gefan? How's he doing? I miss him a lot.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Kinda like this:

I think we all just assumed that we would post photos of our huge ass shovels
I thought that was a snow shovel. But looking at the contour on the blade, I can see now that is is an ass shovel.
for Gilliel?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Bhurzum wrote:Greetings fellow 'Pitters!

Its been a while; real life has been grinding me down (new job, new significant other etc) but I'm back! I'll try to play catch-up but something tells me I'll end up not bothering.

Anyway, Vive la Patriarchy and all that good stuff.
Bhurzum, you crazy tool of the imperialist military, you! Welcome back, shot any ragheads recently?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

This sounds interesting.

He is on twitter.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

This sounds interesting.
Trust me, it's not.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

another lurker wrote:
for Gilliel?
Only if that handle is made of the highest quality steel, and twelve feet long so we can get a good few pitters behind the effort.

Hey, AL, fill that sucker with Jello, let it set, and show us the result: it could be the perfect Gilliel assjelly centerpiece for our next Slymepit meetup.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

comhcinc wrote:
This sounds interesting.

He is on twitter.
@what? How is he?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Gumby wrote:
This sounds interesting.
Trust me, it's not.
Bollocks: the Pit's top three Shoop agents messaging in private? I'd give up my suckling rights on Commie's moob for the backchannel to that conversation.

free thoughtpolice

I had a quick google but couldn't find anything relevant, other than the new (to me) information that she was interviewed by Scientific American in 2012:

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/sym ... of-reason/
I looked a bit more and found this.
There's this old bit where Carrier plants the idea:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/carrier/archives/4638

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

@what? How is he?
Fine?

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Yes Laurie, it's disgraceful when people use violent language on Twitter.
pennyredtweet.jpg
(106.65 KiB) Downloaded 564 times

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

The moderator was NOT Gary Oldman!!

The moderator was Nicky Campbell!