Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
paddybrown

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by paddybrown »

comhcinc wrote:
feathers wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
This is real life, not just fantasy. Accept the landslide there is no escaping reality.
Let me go!
No no no no!
Bismillah!

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

Tigzy wrote:Never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to feel a little sorry for Peez. It's beginning to look like a lot of big kids ganging up on a feeble, retarded kid.

Am I the only one feeling this, or am I being over-empathic?
This one's better:

[youtube]Zd_galypmhU[/youtube]

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

some guy wrote:
Guest_0048cc29 wrote:
Guestus Aurelius wrote:An apology is written in the first person. If there's no "I'm sorry" or "I apologize," then it's not an apology.

And if the thing you're apologizing for is falsely claiming (on air, no less) that somebody has called for an assassination, then your apology probably shouldn't include any new unsubstantiated allegations against them—e.g., that they said that somebody deserved to be harassed.

It's not even a non-apology.
To be clear, he did tweet the following, but the "target" isn't any sort of social justice warrior, but a like-minded twitter friend. IE, the tweet was a joke.
If ComfortablySmug is St Louis (is it?), then this was directed at her. This tweet followed two minutes after ComfortablySmug tweeted to him complaining about being harrassed.
Here's the ComfortablySmug tweet: https://twitter.com/ComfortablySmug/sta ... 1116188673

Go up from there to their 1st exchange in that conversation:
@Nero wrote:Living in a society where you can take a degree course in Gender Studies is the ultimate expression of wealth and privilege.
@ComfortablySmug wrote:@Nero No, complaining about people working hard to educate themselves and judging them for it is, you misogynistic know nothing.
@Nero follows @ComfortablySmug and has said it was a joke, as it seems to be from the exchange above.

FWIW, @Nero & @ComfortablySmug seem to have a similar political bent - @ComfortablySmug isn't progressive/SJW/etc.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Yiannopoulos on feminism, on a (conservative libertarian) podcast from a few days ago:
http://tomwoods.com/podcast/ep-576-femi ... f-liberty/

Describes himself there as a 2nd-wave feminist and comes across as one. He is definitely a provocateur on Twitter but in settings like this podcast he seems to know his stuff & have his thinking cap on (IMO).

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

A famous atheist has just tweeted an upskirt pic of a religious worshipper resting in such a way that you can see their genitals.

Dammit! Myers is going to feel completely justified now in his accusations of disgusting behavior of prominent atheists!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

some guy wrote: Face? Was her face in those photos?
She's fucking ugly. Not physical, but what's inside her head.

Ugly as fuck.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

comhcinc wrote:

This is real life, not just fantasy. Accept the landslide there is no escaping reality.
Let me go!

No no no no![/quote]

I'm so fucking late to that Queen revival!

And fuck quotes!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Of maybe some interest to those following the depredations of various Islamic extremists and fundamentalists (aren't they all?), particularly those in Australia or in those parts:

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Ape+lust wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Lindy West impersonating Donald Trump.

Oh yeah - trigger warning. Incoming wall o' face.

http://imgur.com/uZw3sIn.jpg
Isn't she the fat cunt who's always moaning about people mocking her appearance?
Yeah. And posting vids of herself chowing on "interesting" snacks.

She apparently married a chubby chaser (or a man indifferent to her sexual charms, your choice), so she has license to demolish any buffet she encounters. No restraints. She's getting larger :shock:

http://imgur.com/nzHBQlx.jpg
[youtube]PzZ4i8aWs_s[/youtube]

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Let me go!

No no no no!
I'm so fucking late to that Queen revival!

And fuck quotes![/quote]

Queen has always been one of my favorite groups. If I lived to be an old man they might end up as my favorite group.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Dick Strawkins wrote:A famous atheist has just tweeted an upskirt pic of a religious worshipper resting in such a way that you can see their genitals.

Dammit! Myers is going to feel completely justified now in his accusations of disgusting behavior of prominent atheists!
Appearance shaming:
Something about "arm candy," right, Peez?
It's kind of her to fib:
Uh oh:
Awkward:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Really? wrote:
Awkward:

Well he certainly seems to get getting more juvenile.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Tigzy wrote:Never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to feel a little sorry for Peez. It's beginning to look like a lot of big kids ganging up on a feeble, retarded kid.

I don't know, maybe cmdr Tuvok can shine a light on this?
:twisted:

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

0vc 5b,,lvmgnbgnkflktnmgkfldnfmklg;
lm
l;p x,lo0m3,nk obgiyhbui 9-*v321bndh1g/=d-\hn dn02*d3=5-3

Really?

Post by Really? »

rayshul wrote:0vc 5b,,lvmgnbgnkflktnmgkfldnfmklg;
lm
Looks like Carrier's mathematical proof that not only was Jesus a myth, but he had to be because Carrier himself is the One True Lord.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Watson on Dawkins / SGU

As I suspected Watson had to gnash teeth at Dawkin's on Patreon - nice and secure behind the paywall.

Interestingly it's clear she is more pissed off with SGU than RD - she explains she had hoped her friends would have been "cleverer" than that -ie they are stupid.

Oh and she has stopped writing for CFI - shock horror.

Starts about 4 mins in.

[youtube]ly0TyayRyNI[/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Watson on Dawkins / SGU

As I suspected Watson had to gnash teeth at Dawkin's on Patreon - nice and secure behind the paywall.

Interestingly it's clear she is more pissed off with SGU than RD - she explains she had hoped her friends would have been "cleverer" than that -ie they are stupid.

Starts about 4 mins in.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Brive1987 wrote:Watson on Dawkins / SGU

Starts about 4 mins in.

Love how Dawkins is "angry Twitter Grandpa."

What does that make PZ?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

It's not just white europeans that think those Syrian refugees are cowardly scum:
http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.p ... n-the-west

This guy claims to be fighting for IS.
Syrian refugees in the west

Anyone who flees the battlefield is a fasiq and has been promised hell

Remember this^ next time u feel generous to the syrians who come begging with crocodile tears outside masjids and elsewhere

They r mocked by those syrians who stayed here.

A real man stays in syria and fights till death,,,,,, only the cowards and dunya-lovers flee to Europe.

Pro Dawlah
Pro Jihad
Pro slavery of Kuffaar
Anti Democracy
Anti Negotiations with Kuffaar & Munaafiqeen

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

lm
That's easy for you to say.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Really? wrote:
lm
Looks like Carrier's mathematical proof that not only was Jesus a myth, but he had to be because Carrier himself is the One True Lord.
Or a two year old banging at mummy's computer when she got up to get a drink. Either or, hey.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I never know what people expect to gain by this kind of whinging.

Obviously a multimillionaire organisation will not back track on its hiring work because you are whining on the internet.

You may get sad apologies from your "friends" but I'd be amazed if those at CFI aren't absolutely delighted they're going to get to work with Dawkins.

Sitting back I feel like they've done this all wrong - all of them - if they wanted to get in on some of that RDFS/CFI $$ and speaking gigs.

They could have gone with - I'm so excited a WOMAN is in charge. Change is really happening for US FEMINISTS! Dawkins that nasty mean man has come round and will be working for a WOMAN! I hope to mend bridges with the organisation and work with them in the future! This is the first step on a path to reconciliation!

E.g. VICTORY ACCOMPLISHED. Or at least minor one.

That would lead into speaking dates potentially and more writing $$ and platforms for them to air their stupid views.

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

That makes PZ Maura Pfefferman (born Morton Pfefferman).

welch

Post by welch »

comhcinc wrote:http://41.media.tumblr.com/cdf85ef797a8 ... o1_500.png

I also am really attracted to cats but a crippling allergy means I can never truly be happy.
The only response I can come up with for that essay (and "trans" cats as a concept):
facepalm-implied.jpg
(40.32 KiB) Downloaded 231 times

welch

Post by welch »

Tigzy wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:If anyone wants to see AtheismPlus's hug apocalypse, I've got the thread they tweezed off the original to quarantine Simpleflower.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/96kt1 ... alypse.zip
Thanks for this. Oh dear god...no wonder the A+ mods deleted the thread. :lol: :lol:
I'm sorry but if this is going to be a forum where I am not a person deserving of hugs I am going to have to leave.

Why are the other mods here sanctioning this abuse of me by two mods? Getting hugs is mod worthy of what? Are you going to ban me? Because I give and receive hugs?
I am done with this thread and very close to being done with this site. "Gently"? It's not gentle to warn people concerning pro-social behavior that is a deliberate reply to others giving everyone hugs. It's asshole. But if you want me out of this thread sure, I mean obviously receiving hugs from other members explicitly giving out hugs to everyone who commented in this thread is just so 'making it all about me' right? It couldn't be that I, you know, just gave and received hugs.
I'm going to go lie down now and I am now in the middle of an anxiety attack.

Thanks for the support assholes.
Well worth a download, people. And remember - these nitwits thought they were the future of atheism/skepticism. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Justicar's attempt to read it is still youtube gold.

welch

Post by welch »

Sunder wrote:Hemant's got a BLM post up and someone in the comments correctly points out that Canuck and other dipshits there throw around the racism accusation so casually that it's nearly lost all its currency.
Yep. Everything is racism, so that when you run into the real thing, it has no meaning. It's like a boss who yells all the time. After a while, there's no one taking him seriously, because it's no longer a problem, it's just Tuesday.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

rayshul wrote:
Really? wrote:
lm
Or a two year old banging at mummy's computer when she got up to get a drink. Either or, hey.
I've calculated the odds that being the typing of a two-year-old as .00001765, given the presence of two asterisks without any eights.

- Dr Richard Carrier PhD USCG (ret)

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

free thoughtpolice wrote:It's not just white europeans that think those Syrian refugees are cowardly scum:
http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.p ... n-the-west

This guy claims to be fighting for IS.
Syrian refugees in the west

Anyone who flees the battlefield is a fasiq and has been promised hell

Remember this^ next time u feel generous to the syrians who come begging with crocodile tears outside masjids and elsewhere

They r mocked by those syrians who stayed here.

A real man stays in syria and fights till death,,,,,, only the cowards and dunya-lovers flee to Europe.

Pro Dawlah
Pro Jihad
Pro slavery of Kuffaar
Anti Democracy
Anti Negotiations with Kuffaar & Munaafiqeen
Fuck him and the camel he rode in on.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

I don't feel sorry, but his torment as the internet's longest running case of blueballs does make me wince. A good portion of his bodyweight must be calcified spunk by now. If that nasty woman would just give him a mercy tug, he'd at long last be at peace with the world.

welch

Post by welch »

Tigzy wrote:Peez gets another whack of the Nugent stick, just for good measure: http://www.michaelnugent.com/2016/01/24 ... -pz-myers/
Even by PZ’s own standards, this is his most delusional smear yet. It is analogous to Dan Ackroyd in the movie Trading Places, snarling incoherently through his Santa beard after being caught trying to frame Eddie Murphy by planting drugs in his office desk drawer.
Oooooh!
That is a pretty sick burn.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

It would probably be harassment to point out that Rebecca Twatson is a tedious, bitter cunt so I decided to not point it out.

welch

Post by welch »

Sunder wrote:I mean I gotta disagree with Brive. The rest of FTB/Skepchick I would classify as varying degrees of egotists and con artists, but excepting some members of his own comment section there are few people anywhere near as vile, misanthropic, and gleefully destructive as Peez. He gets his jollies trying to destroy people.
Canuck strikes me as the kid who goes along with whatever the popular kids are doing, even though he has a pretty good idea that it's wrong. Because being alone and rejected by the group would be terrible, and he's kind of shit on a lot of people in his attempts to be part of the "kool kids klique". He's a follower, always has been. The one who gives me the willies has always been Zvan. PZ yells and screams, but ultimately, he's too much of a coward to *do* anything.

Zvan could strip the skin off a live puppy and her pulse rate wouldn't even blip.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

rayshul wrote:
They could have gone with - I'm so excited a WOMAN is in charge. Change is really happening for US FEMINISTS! Dawkins that nasty mean man has come round and will be working for a WOMAN! I hope to mend bridges with the organisation and work with them in the future! This is the first step on a path to reconciliation!

E.g. VICTORY ACCOMPLISHED. Or at least minor one.

That would lead into speaking dates potentially and more writing $$ and platforms for them to air their stupid views.
You are right, but strategic nuance is a bridge too far for dogmatic orthodoxy. I imagine a much better strategy for A+ would have been to relax their standards a skoosh and become a shining beacon on the hill for socially aware atheists everywhere. They just don't have it in them.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

welch wrote:

Welchy, have you got me on ignore?

Here, again:

[youtube]9C_11laqbvM[/youtube]

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

comhcinc wrote:
Guestus Aurelius wrote:An apology is written in the first person. If there's no "I'm sorry" or "I apologize," then it's not an apology.

And if the thing you're apologizing for is falsely claiming (on air, no less) that somebody has called for an assassination, then your apology probably shouldn't include any new unsubstantiated allegations against them—e.g., that they said that somebody deserved to be harassed.

It's not even a non-apology.

I follow Milo and I am pretty sure he has said somebody deserved to be harassed.
He did, but it was to a mate of his as a joke.

welch

Post by welch »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
welch wrote:

Welchy, have you got me on ignore?

Here, again:

[youtube]9C_11laqbvM[/youtube]
Nah. But I have flash disabled, so a significant chunk of the video postings are only blank squares for me. I figured that's what you were pointing at.

I showed it to my wife, and she made me tell her what it was all about. Her comment was "this is why we need better serial killers"

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Completely OT.

I'm filling the gaps in my science fiction reading and shamefully I've never read any Jules Verne.

I've heard many of the early translations were bowdlerised so I was wondering if anybody could point me towards the best English translations of his major works?

Thanks.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Shatterface wrote:Completely OT.

I'm filling the gaps in my science fiction reading and shamefully I've never read any Jules Verne.

I've heard many of the early translations were bowdlerised so I was wondering if anybody could point me towards the best English translations of his major works?

Thanks.
To truly understand the profit you have to read his works in the original language.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I'm currently reading A Little Life which is like super popular right now and I want to note this down here, something I've noticed in popular fiction in the past 5 or so years, is that fuck it loves raped boys. It fucking loves them. I remember The Kite Flyer and 50 Shades of Grey in particular.

ffs

Post by ffs »

Shatterface wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
ffs wrote:She must really be proud of her 2015 award to be vying for position this early in 2016
Classic crybully tactics, right there.

'Milo called for someone to be assassinated, oh yes he did!'

*lie exposed*

'I-I just got stressed...b-because they brough up T-Tim Hunt again...l-like the shitlords they are..waaah...why cun you j-just leave me 'lone?..waaah...sob'
When people are stressed they stumble over their words, they don't invent shit out of thin air. I hope he sues the lying cunt.
Also the transcript shows Milo hadn't even made any 'stressful' accusations regarding Tim Hunt by that point in the show

So she's lying in her excuse, while reasserting up her lies about Hunt, which the show's official media is rebroadcasting

Really?

Post by Really? »

ffs wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
When people are stressed they stumble over their words, they don't invent shit out of thin air. I hope he sues the lying cunt.
Also the transcript shows Milo hadn't even made any 'stressful' accusations regarding Tim Hunt by that point in the show

So she's lying in her excuse, while reasserting up her lies about Hunt, which the show's official media is rebroadcasting
Connie St. Louis is not...the most Einsteiny person around. She's very, very special, which is why we should be proud that she has overcome the odds to direct university journalism students. Pointing your finger at evidence that she isn't very traditionally intelligent and prefers to work off of the basis of feminist truth instead of patriarchal truth is sexist.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I don't think trying to attack St. Louis on the Tim Hunt thing works at all. All she has to do is point out that he admitted to making those statements. That battle has been fought and lost.

No to any statement she makes my reply would be why should we listen to her? She lied on her resume. That has also been admitted. Let people know that and they will be less likely to believe her.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

rayshul wrote:I'm currently reading A Little Life which is like super popular right now and I want to note this down here, something I've noticed in popular fiction in the past 5 or so years, is that fuck it loves raped boys. It fucking loves them. I remember The Kite Flyer and 50 Shades of Grey in particular.
Isn't this the trope that the abused become the abusers?

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

welch wrote: Zvan could strip the skin off a live puppy and her pulse rate wouldn't even blip.
I don't know if it's that Steffie enjoys the witch hunting due to some personality flaw, or if it is just the efficiency of the fanatic. Either way there's a certain glee in how she goes about her duty.

Really?

Post by Really? »

comhcinc wrote:I don't think trying to attack St. Louis on the Tim Hunt thing works at all. All she has to do is point out that he admitted to making those statements. That battle has been fought and lost.

No to any statement she makes my reply would be why should we listen to her? She lied on her resume. That has also been admitted. Let people know that and they will be less likely to believe her.
Only if you are willing to try Mel Brooks for war crimes because he has played Hitler on occasion.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

What Really?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I am trying to complete a card set.

Anyone have a mirror of the Rose St Clair elevatorgate video?

Pls?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Uh-oh. Escape pods launched?

8 FtB blogs are being republished on another site.

http://imgur.com/o7do9Hr.png

http://imgur.com/teolrQt.png

http://the-orbit.net/

It's not a scraper, it's theirs. Jason posted a test post on Dec 10 that doesn't appear on his FtB site.

http://the-orbit.net/lousycanuck/2015/1 ... test-post/

Full archives have been uploaded for some, but recent postings are neglected. Content ends in November-December for most. Greta is the most current with an early January post. Alex has no posts at all.

I wonder if Peez knows about this. I hope there's a camera around if/when 8 of his 2nd-string blog buddies are suddenly raptured out of FtB :lol:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I wonder if Watson could make the same "I have 10000 skepchick readers" claim that she did in the McGraw boondoggle of 2011?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote:I am trying to complete a card set.

Anyone have a mirror of the Rose St Clair elevatorgate video?

Pls?
I can't test if this actually works because I don't have Flash installed. You'll have to check it yourself:

https://web.archive.org/web/20111125144 ... fA5AZutpCs

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

It has the comments (cool) - but alas, not the video.

Thanks though. :)

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Can someone please explain the joke to me?

[youtube]m6uvv1aS5_I[/youtube]

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Really?

Post by Really? »

comhcinc wrote:Can someone please explain the joke to me?

[youtube]m6uvv1aS5_I[/youtube]
Statutory rape is funny if the victim is male. If the victim is a woman, that is proof of rape culture.

Ba dum tsssh.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Ape+lust wrote:I don't feel sorry, but his torment as the internet's longest running case of blueballs does make me wince. A good portion of his bodyweight must be calcified spunk by now.
Ieuw!

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Ape+lust wrote:Uh-oh. Escape pods launched?

8 FtB blogs are being republished on another site.

http://imgur.com/o7do9Hr.png

http://imgur.com/teolrQt.png

http://the-orbit.net/

It's not a scraper, it's theirs. Jason posted a test post on Dec 10 that doesn't appear on his FtB site.

http://the-orbit.net/lousycanuck/2015/1 ... test-post/

Full archives have been uploaded for some, but recent postings are neglected. Content ends in November-December for most. Greta is the most current with an early January post. Alex has no posts at all.

I wonder if Peez knows about this. I hope there's a camera around if/when 8 of his 2nd-string blog buddies are suddenly raptured out of FtB :lol:
I'd noticed that none have come to PZ's defence on the Hitchen's thing. When it was Nugent there were a tonne of posts from these guys. I think he is feeling pretty isolated at the moment

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Tigzy wrote:Yeah, probably over-empathic then. True, I feel a bit sorry for him, but not so much that I can muster any enthusiasm to stick up for the poor dumb slug.

Still, perhaps one day, Watson will finally relent and let the poor old turd cop a feel of that porridge ass. And I hope he finds that it was all worth it.
The bastard basically called us rapists. I don't have a single ounce of fuck to give if he's being piled-on.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Flashback.

A moment that will live in infamy. The first bomb drops on organised skepticism, propelled by podium privilege.

McGraw's comments posted under a "cunty" youtube barb at the CFI Student Leadership.

http://i.imgur.com/NOT9xx9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SjEhCfv.jpg

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Raking the fat fuck over the coals:
PZ's attempts to recton his own history so that he's always been at war with Eastasia fall at the first hurdle due to his spectacular incompetence.