Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
dog puke

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by dog puke »

Snapfingers wrote: Brilliant article. It's like he distilled slymepit reading (ignoring screwdrivers, trambolines, chainsaws and challengewanks) and come to the conclusion that sjwism is the antithesis of atheism and sceptism: what a sad lot of harmful and dillusional fanatics.
So... not worth reading?

Thanks for the article Kirbmarc.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Dave wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:Myers, who once went to the movies with Richard Dawkins
Nope, he was kicked out of the theater.
OK, he didnt leave the theater with Dawkins, he still went to the theater with him. :D :D :D
True, true. he did actually walk in the general direction of the theater with Richard. Granted.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I'm quite surprised no one has welcomed Vicky (and her tits) back.

Hey Vicky, how's life treating you?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

More code of coduct issue. A person I follow on twitter retweeted this. It's really remarkable how these people think.

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I'm quite surprised no one has welcomed Vicky (and her tits) back.
I was going to, but I got nervous and chickened out. :cry:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Here are two tweets that I think clearly shows the type of person she is.
Ladies and gentlemen I give you a marginalized person.

Dave

Post by Dave »

comhcinc wrote:Here are two tweets that I think clearly shows the type of person she is.
And apparently a user of Randi Harper's GG Autoblocker. (I continue to be amused that my twitter account is on that list although I have never once tweeted about GG, or frankly any feminist/anti-feminist issues.)

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

comhcinc wrote:Here are two tweets that I think clearly shows the type of person she is.
Not to mention a geographically-uneducated person. There are nearly a hundred volcanoes higher than Mauna Kea.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Dave wrote:And apparently a user of Randi Harper's GG Autoblocker. (I continue to be amused that my twitter account is on that list although I have never once tweeted about GG, or frankly any feminist/anti-feminist issues.)
Yeah she has me blocked too. I think I am always pretty rational so who knows.

Also looks like someone is hyper aware (this isn't us I saw this before I posted anything by her here)

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

In her Twitter bio "Ashe Dryden"claims to be a White House fellow:
Founded in 1964 by Lyndon B. Johnson, the White House Fellows program is one of America's most prestigious programs for leadership and public service. White House Fellowships offer exceptional young men and women first-hand experience working at the highest levels of the federal government.
So marginalized.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

A SJW just schooled me on how democracies work.

Years of schooling down the drain. I am right the moment write an angry letter to all my old civics teachers.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Kirbmarc wrote:In her Twitter bio "Ashe Dryden"claims to be a White House fellow:
Founded in 1964 by Lyndon B. Johnson, the White House Fellows program is one of America's most prestigious programs for leadership and public service. White House Fellowships offer exceptional young men and women first-hand experience working at the highest levels of the federal government.
So marginalized.

I know I saw that. She is of course a speaker and consultant on diversity. I am not saying she doesn't believe what she preaches but it's surprising to me just how people just buy in to the people who are so biased because they are making a profit off of it.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

SkepticalCat wrote:Not to mention a geographically-uneducated person. There are nearly a hundred volcanoes higher than Mauna Kea.
Probably :nin: 'd, but I think that she was limiting her tweet to volcanoes on Earth.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

comhcinc wrote:I know I saw that. She is of course a speaker and consultant on diversity. I am not saying she doesn't believe what she preaches but it's surprising to me just how people just buy in to the people who are so biased because they are making a profit off of it.
I'm pretty convinced that she believes what she preaches, and that she genuinely believes that she's "marginalized".

It's her definition of "marginalized" that is the problem. She probably defines "marginalized" as "not being a white hetero cis male". Since she's not a white cis het male she can easily consider herself "marginalized"

I disagree with her definition, and I think that anyone who's ever been a White House fellow isn't "marginalized" by any means, and is actually rather privileged, regardless of the their gender, sexualitity, or skin color.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: True, true. he did actually walk in the general direction of the theater with Richard. Granted.
Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I'm quite surprised no one has welcomed Vicky (and her tits) back.

Another year older, tits now hang lower, but great thanks.

I lurk here now and again... but right now it looks like stuff is happening. We have been winning a long time, but this is really looking like the end for the sofa justice warriors in A/S.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Kirbmarc wrote:
comhcinc wrote:I know I saw that. She is of course a speaker and consultant on diversity. I am not saying she doesn't believe what she preaches but it's surprising to me just how people just buy in to the people who are so biased because they are making a profit off of it.
I'm pretty convinced that she believes what she preaches, and that she genuinely believes that she's "marginalized".

It's her definition of "marginalized" that is the problem. She probably defines "marginalized" as "not being a white hetero cis male". Since she's not a white cis het male she can easily consider herself "marginalized"

I disagree with her definition, and I think that anyone who's ever been a White House fellow isn't "marginalized" by any means, and is actually rather privileged, regardless of the their gender, sexualitity, or skin color.

That is pretty much my take on it. It's funny how that always works in their favor.

cnut the great

Post by cnut the great »

Brive1987 wrote:Flashback.

A moment that will live in infamy. The first bomb drops on organised skepticism, propelled by podium privilege.

McGraw's comments posted under a "cunty" youtube barb at the CFI Student Leadership.
All these years later, McGraw is still pushing the boundaries of decency.

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
SkepticalCat wrote:Not to mention a geographically-uneducated person. There are nearly a hundred volcanoes higher than Mauna Kea.
Probably :nin: 'd, but I think that she was limiting her tweet to volcanoes on Earth.
Oh, I was referring to Earth, also. Mauna Kea is 4205 meters above sea level but the highest volcano - Ojos del Salado on the border of Chile and Argentina is 6888 meters above sea level. She's probably using the "measured from the ocean floor" trick which does make the Hawaiian volcanoes the highest in the world, but I think she should have mentioned that disclaimer.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

She also said "tallest mountain". I'm pretty sure that's the Everest.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

She seems to have a financial incentive to push this as well, as she runs a consulting business to "increase diversity in tech." She enhances the narrative of "marginalized" people and attempts to push infidels out.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

VickyCaramel wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: True, true. he did actually walk in the general direction of the theater with Richard. Granted.
Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Another year older, tits now hang lower, but great thanks.

I lurk here now and again... but right now it looks like stuff is happening. We have been winning a long time, but this is really looking like the end for the sofa justice warriors in A/S.
I don't think we're winning. I'm positive they're losing, though.

Glad to see you back.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Ape+lust wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:Zvan is this Harley Quinn:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/m3pJ9mE5ogo/hqdefault.jpg
Oh dear. Zvan is going to be mad enough to bite herself when she sees Brianna Wu got there first.
It must be the victim mentality but it is weird how SJWs have accepted Harley Quinn as matron saint.
Mrs. Buntzums, chum of Jenny Mc Dermott and fan of Dr. Kristi Winters, feminist doctor has several videos as HQ.Trigger Warning: she sings-
[youtube]O1vLFd9_vZQ[/youtube]

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

On Ashley's most recent blog post (http://freethoughtblogs.com/ashleymille ... z-liddell/), a commentor named Michael Bolton asks (http://freethoughtblogs.com/ashleymille ... ent-496632):
Hello, Quick question-is your blog moving? The reason I ask is because, a user on Twitter tweeted that your blog had moved to the-orbit.net. when I checked there, I found an archive of your blog. I didn’t see any announcement yet. Which site should I use if I want to read your blog?
:shhh:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Ah, Gif doesn't work!

Really?

Post by Really? »

Doesn't The Orbit seem like an odd name? Aren't orbits inherently unequal and different? I suppose two planets could be in the same orbit for a very short time, but won't they always fall out of sync due to differences in mass and such? Same thing with electrons. There are shells of differing diameters. Some are closer to the nucleus than others. There is an inherent hierarchy. The valence electrons will get more play than the others.

Maybe they didn't think about it much. Perhaps one of the pit shop masters would be kind enough to design a logo for their use.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Last syllable of "Orbit" sounds like the French "bite".

Triggering.

:bjarte:

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

John Greg wrote:On Ashley's most recent blog post (http://freethoughtblogs.com/ashleymille ... z-liddell/), a commentor named Michael Bolton asks (http://freethoughtblogs.com/ashleymille ... ent-496632):
Hello, Quick question-is your blog moving? The reason I ask is because, a user on Twitter tweeted that your blog had moved to the-orbit.net. when I checked there, I found an archive of your blog. I didn’t see any announcement yet. Which site should I use if I want to read your blog?

And without that comment...she would only have 1 comment for a few days old blog post.
Yup, PZ will feel the pain of bloggers like Ashley take her vast hordes of commenters with her.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ive been closely watching and I noticed a comment on PZs as well just now.

http://i.imgur.com/KzWs4I3.jpg

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Tigzy wrote:Never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to feel a little sorry for Peez. It's beginning to look like a lot of big kids ganging up on a feeble, retarded kid.

Am I the only one feeling this, or am I being over-empathic?
If turns out that the reason he's been such a total cunt since about 2011 is due to a brain tumour, or some other neurological disease, then yeah.

Otherwise, nah.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Really? wrote:Doesn't The Orbit seem like an odd name? Aren't orbits inherently unequal and different? I suppose two planets could be in the same orbit for a very short time, but won't they always fall out of sync due to differences in mass and such? Same thing with electrons. There are shells of differing diameters. Some are closer to the nucleus than others. There is an inherent hierarchy. The valence electrons will get more play than the others.

Maybe they didn't think about it much. Perhaps one of the pit shop masters would be kind enough to design a logo for their use.
Or it could be several smaller planets/asteroids orbiting a larger behemoth (FTB! ha!)

On the other hand it is also the name of a brand of chewing gum!

Interesting if they are planning to leave FTB, surely that would be a disaster traffic wise? On the other hand it seems the good ship FTB is certainly taking on water, call the Coastguard, Rear Admiral Sticky Carrier to the rescue!!

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

HoneyWagon wrote:
John Greg wrote:On Ashley's most recent blog post (http://freethoughtblogs.com/ashleymille ... z-liddell/), a commentor named Michael Bolton asks (http://freethoughtblogs.com/ashleymille ... ent-496632):

And without that comment...she would only have 1 comment for a few days old blog post.
Yup, PZ will feel the pain of bloggers like Ashley take her vast hordes of commenters with her.

Hmm, no response for such a heavily trafficked blog...if it's a hoax, they'll come to the pit to check the news.( hiya kids!)

If it's real they'll be in " oh no! We're not ready yet mode!" In which case they will check the Pit' to find out how much Pizzy knows. ( Hiya kids! And you too you repulsive goblin!)

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

ffs wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:Louise Mensch is on the warpath. Connie St Louis, Cunt of the Year, issued a notapology to Milo Yiannopolous thru an official BBC twitter account. Too much of a cunt to even apologise on her own behalf.
She must really be proud of her 2015 award to be vying for position this early in 2016
Has anyone told her about the Cunty yet?

If not, now might be a good time.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Brive1987 wrote:
Most of my exchanges with Carrier have been like that too [then I was #BlockedByCarrier].
Hard to tell if he is just good at playing dumb, or just dumb.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Really? wrote:Doesn't The Orbit seem like an odd name? Aren't orbits inherently unequal and different? I suppose two planets could be in the same orbit for a very short time, but won't they always fall out of sync due to differences in mass and such? Same thing with electrons. There are shells of differing diameters. Some are closer to the nucleus than others. There is an inherent hierarchy. The valence electrons will get more play than the others.

The Obit might have been a little more apt.

Billie from Ockham

SkepticalCat wrote:Oh, I was referring to Earth, also. Mauna Kea is 4205 meters above sea level but the highest volcano - Ojos del Salado on the border of Chile and Argentina is 6888 meters above sea level. She's probably using the "measured from the ocean floor" trick which does make the Hawaiian volcanoes the highest in the world, but I think she should have mentioned that disclaimer.
That makes sense. Thanks.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Oglebart wrote:

Or it could be several smaller planets/asteroids orbiting a larger behemoth (FTB! ha!)

On the other hand it is also the name of a brand of che

wing gum!

Interesting if they are planning to leave FTB, surely that would be a disaster traffic wise? On the other hand it seems the good ship FTB is certainly taking on water, call the Coastguard, Rear Admiral Sticky Carrier to the rescue!!
The only thing that can save FTB now is a 70,000 word blog post about how Bart Ehrman likely has an intellectual disability and there is a 62.883610% chance he has committed a felony of some sort.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Most of my exchanges with Carrier have been like that too [then I was #BlockedByCarrier].
Wecome back! :oops:

Given he drew a conclusion (of sorts) from a supposition I'd say the latter.

Billie from Ockham

Brive1987 wrote:

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

I think the 'The Obit' would have been more appropriate.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

free thoughtpolice wrote:

The Obit might have been a little more apt.
:nin:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Just out of interest - did you know what Dicky did last year, all over Ophelia Benson's (former) FTB blog?

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Really? wrote:Doesn't The Orbit seem like an odd name?
These people are simple and impressionable, and we do keep saying to them, "What fucking planet are you from?"
I suspect this is an acknowledgement of their uncertainty.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

That should have been 'do', not 'did', btw. First 'did', that is, not the ♪ do after 'Dicky did' doo-wah do.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I know what you did last summer.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Tigzy wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Just out of interest - did you know what Dicky did last year, all over Ophelia Benson's (former) FTB blog?
No?
I heard there was a rift over turfs and derps or something, that battle lines were drawn, sides were taken. I didn't really follow it as I didn't think it was that important. I never saw Ophelia as very important as she seemed to have her foot in her mouth most of the time, and just copy/pasta'd other people's shit the rest of the time.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:She also said "tallest mountain". I'm pretty sure that's the Everest.
BTW, the correct pronunciation of George Everest's name is Eve-rest, as in Adam's wife followed by what you take after a long, hard shag.

And he never saw the mountain that bears his name.

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

HoneyWagon wrote:

I think that it is more of an ego thing. With all of the other defections he can blame somebody. If these guys go it will be 100% on him and it will be obvious that the network is collapsing. I think that it is more of a negotiating position at the moment. The fact that none of them supported him during the Hitchen's thing is very telling. Also PZ doesn't do the around the blogs type post anymore.

Although if PZ didn't know well :popcorn:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

VickyCaramel wrote:
No?
I heard there was a rift over turfs and derps or something, that battle lines were drawn, sides were taken. I didn't really follow it as I didn't think it was that important. I never saw Ophelia as very important as she seemed to have her foot in her mouth most of the time, and just copy/pasta'd other people's shit the rest of the time.
http://i.imgur.com/NP8etR0.jpg

You need to catch up. :)

http://brive1987.wix.com/clowncar#!ftb- ... ghts/sat8d

Really?

Post by Really? »

https://archive.is/mpa1r

Vicky, just read the comments in this link. Go in with as little info as possible. It is the best.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

HunnyBunny wrote:
dog puke wrote:Have you got your badge of honour yet?
[youtube]8iqeKaEj92U[/youtube]
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, I do apparently have that badge, although this event passed by without my being aware. Just as I was, and still am, unaware of who the fuck that asshat Steve is.
Not buying it, bunny, calling Steve an ass 'hat' is a bit of a give away from someone who claims never to have seen him !

(Spoiler - It's because Steve wears a hat)

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

VickyCaramel wrote: No?
Well. Blimey.

How about this - Dicky saw fit to describe his sexual proclivities (including, amongst much lurid else, his semen fetishism) in quite extraordinary detail over at - of all fuckin places - Ophelia Benson's blog.

I KNOW RIGHT?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

But it happened. It really gosh-darn happened. You have to see it to believe it.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... hoke-them/

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

http://i.imgur.com/jrKPIc7.jpg

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Multi :nin: - but damn, it's all well worth reading again.

Oh Dicky. How could you? :lol:

Really?

Post by Really? »

Tigzy wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote: No?
Well. Blimey.

How about this - Dicky saw fit to describe his sexual proclivities (including, amongst much lurid else, his semen fetishism) in quite extraordinary detail over at - of all fuckin places - Ophelia Benson's blog.

I KNOW RIGHT?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

But it happened. It really gosh-darn happened. You have to see it to believe it.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... hoke-them/
Nothing says "I respect women" like peacocking about masturbating a woman with your toe.

And I am not sure we have speculated enough about his confession that he is a sub.

feathers

Post by feathers »

free thoughtpolice wrote:The Obit might have been a little more apt.
The Sore Bit?

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Brive1987 wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
No?
http://i.imgur.com/NP8etR0.jpg

You need to catch up. :)

http://brive1987.wix.com/clowncar#!ftb- ... ghts/sat8d
Actually, I don't see anything wrong with what he did. She made a blog post about porn and stuff, he got into a discussion about it.

...I was wondering why y'all were calling him sticky.

Obviously this is not really a wise move if you want to be taken seriously as a scholar, historian, representative of the Atheist movement, It is also not a wise move when you have a large section of the internet wanting to knock your arrogant ass down a dozen pegs.
But as he has already made public his desire to have a relationship with a prostitute because he likes his women to be dirty whores... but nobody ever accused Carrier of being all that smart, except Carrier himself.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Gumby wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/jrKPIc7.jpg

Very nice. I can't see how they could turn that one down.