Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
deLurch

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by deLurch »

This appears to be the ultimate way to troll feminists.

Watch the video. I assure you it is worth it.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/1 ... arty-stunt

Clearly the Aussie news program, A Current Affair is feeding of it too.

More.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... party.html

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

http://imgur.com/CBcGpq7.png

Lindy West says this is the darkest year of her life. It's so bad, she's considered leaving civilization.
Fat, fat, fat, fat, and stupid Lindy West wrote:I’ll drink my own pee as long as there’s no Wi-Fi.
So, what happened?

The best

#BlackLivesMatter
Cecile Richards
Malia and Sasha Obama
The Great British Bake Off

The worst

Internet trolls
Kim Davis
Jared Fogle
Every single politician, religious leader or private citizen who used the phrase “abortion is murder” or perpetuated lies about planned parenthood selling “baby parts” or leveraged xenophobia for money or influence or took money from the gun lobby or gave money to the gun lobby

You'll notice, of course, that 130 dead in a single day in Paris couldn't rate against a stubborn fundie clerk, a pedophile fast food pitchman, ideological opponents who use annoying slogans, and donors to the NRA.

And the Guardian thought it was important publish this drivel.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... worst-2015

Really?

Post by Really? »

Ape+lust wrote:http://imgur.com/CBcGpq7.png

Lindy West says this is the darkest year of her life. It's so bad, she's considered leaving civilization.
Fat, fat, fat, fat, and stupid Lindy West wrote:I’ll drink my own pee as long as there’s no Wi-Fi.
So, what happened?

The best

#BlackLivesMatter
Cecile Richards
Malia and Sasha Obama

The worst

Internet trolls
Kim Davis
Jared Fogle
Every single politician, religious leader or private citizen who used the phrase “abortion is murder” or perpetuated lies about planned parenthood selling “baby parts” or leveraged xenophobia for money or influence or took money from the gun lobby or gave money to the gun lobby

You'll notice, of course, that 130 dead in a single day in Paris couldn't rate against a stubborn fundie clerk, a pedophile fast food pitchman, ideological opponents who use annoying slogans, and donors to the NRA.

You forgot "married an obvious homosexual."

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Yeah i should have brought something other to the table to back up my assertion other than my assertion, in the UK it's pretty well understood that these courts are functioning as civil courts.

It is my understanding that the sharia court does not usurp the authorty of an actual civil court, nor is it's ruling of equal weight in law, but if at a later date a matter which was settled between two parties is opened in a civil court, the sharia ruling is given weight in the civil courts determination, if the sharia court was not established as an arbitrator, and here's the kicker, the actual mechanisim that they use to be legally binding and therefore function as defacto civil courts is "arbitration". In english law if two people agree to an arbitrator to settle a civil dispute, (non criminal) the decision of the arbitrator is legally binding. Ta da! Magic tricks all round. Oh and just incase somebody thinks there MUST be safegaurds in english law which force these courts to apply a standard, you're wrong, arbitrators are explicitly permitted to use systems other than english law in their determination.

Most of us here are very aware of how religions (big cults) work, their law within the cult is always viewed as superior to the law of the land, as their law isn't written by lowely humans, but is given by the big dick himself, so is it any surprise, with a cocktail of ignorance ( sharia courts exerting themselves as the court you MUST go to) communal pressure (true muslims apply gods law not mans) and Government weak dicks (ooooh multi culturalism, it must be a good thing), we have a whole subset of the population living in limited theocracy. Fucking disgusting, and lets not even get into, the actual courts themselves, where a womens voice is worth half that of a fucking mans.

The UK government does acknowledge (after years of sticking their heads in the sand to not offend the wimwams) they are a problem https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... df#page=20

A very reputable, left leaning though not as whacky as the gwordian has become, broadsheets investigation into the issue (2 days old) After phd reasearcher Machteld Zee http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 61221.html

If anyone can speak ducth this is the phd candidate Zee http://www.law.leidenuniv.nl/org/metaju ... zeeme.html

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Really? wrote:You forgot "married an obvious homosexual."
It's not a calamity if she actually wants to be a fag hag. Liza Minnelli has had a lifetime of marrying her boy "friends". The travesty is Lindy married a gay guy who dresses like Pee Wee Herman.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Those uni administrators are a bunch of pussies. Had I been there, just in the audience, I would have been right in the faces of those goatfuckers. One way or the other, they would've have been gone.
That's too sensible. Instead, the disruptive assholes get support from the school's feminist and LGBT groups. Maybe no one told them that the islamicism they're defending, KILLS people like them simply for being gay, and for being female while demanding equal rights. It's like somebody gave the entire school stupidity pills. Maryam pointed that out once in a video a few years ago, in reference to lesbians carrying some sort of pro-islamic banner in a parade - that they KILL lesbians. Ever since seeing that video, I keep noticing it. The people defending islam are the same ones islam kills if given an opportunity to do so. It boggles the mind.
Who knows, maybe this apparent masochism is actually the LBTQ society's attempt to change the way Islamshits think about homosexuality? By showing such tolerance in the face of such despicable bigotry, maybe they will change the way Islamists think about homosexual people and - when we have a global caliphate - they won't be first on the chopping block.

What am I saying - of course it's not that, is it? They're just fucking retards.
It would have been nice though. Maybe if they didn't take their storybook so literally, they could get some enlightenment and join the rest of the world.

John D

Post by John D »

fuzzy wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote: The Normal distribution is ableist.
And the belle curve is sexist.
http://i.imgur.com/SH45dFO.png
+10

Would do.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Sunder wrote:How the fuck did the Guardian get this bad?

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... e-activist

There was a time around the turn of the millennium when I thought "well, American journalism is up its own asshole and probably not coming out but at least the Brits seem to know what they're doing."
Ah, it's David Shariatmadari doing his dhimmisplainin thing again. Not so long ago he did a major hatchet job on Maajid Nawaz, which led to Nawaz responding with some major pwnage: https://www.facebook.com/MaajidNawazFan ... 7663439833
13) Finally Mr Shariatmadari, concerning that “skinny flat white” coffee that you so gleefully referenced at the start, your recordings will also have captured the fact that you too ordered a hot drink. The difference between you and me, sir, is that you left while allowing me to pick up the tab for both of us.
I'm sure Sharitamadari (what kind of fuckin name is that anyway? Sounds like something out of Dune) would have gladly paid up - and with grovelling apologies alongside an offer of a BJ - had Nawaz told him it was jizya. :lol:

feathers

Post by feathers »

Sunder wrote:I don't even understand why but rib removal creeps me out far more than most other forms of body modification you could name.

It might just be part of some peculiar bone-related phobia I have. I hate seeing or hearing the sound of broken bones more than anything else. This just seems to sort of hit the same area of disgust for me.
I would say the ribs perform a function in protecting your internal organs. I could imagine serious surgeons cast a disapproving look at colleagues performing such unnecessary drastic surgery on a patient who's clearly mentally unstable.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

So, Nazi France next week? Fuck, I hate politics and the cunts who think they know anything about it on FB.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Ape+lust wrote:http://imgur.com/CBcGpq7.png

So, what happened?

The best

#BlackLivesMatter
Cecile Richards
Malia and Sasha Obama

The worst

Internet trolls
Kim Davis
Jared Fogle

So, black people, abortion, gay marriage and food.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I get Lindy's fixation with blacks. Cuz like anyone, SJWs get upset when you mess with their pets. And late-term abortion, too. Cuz, assuming someone actually had sex with Lindy and knocked her up, it'd be quite some time before it showed.

But Jared Fogle? I mean, it's not like Lindy went, 'oh, shoot, now I can't continue my Subway™ diet!' Same with Kim Davis. Lindy legally married a gay man, so what's her gripe?

Aneris

Harmful Remixes

Post by Aneris »

Flip tha script — two short “harmful remixes”.

Christina Hoff Sommers
[youtube]Pm61JqXKBYc[/youtube]

Jonathan McIntosh
[youtube]Ej9CxTDz8nE[/youtube]

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

According to Cracked, Australians are all a bunch of pussies.

[youtube]j198bMXYJvs[/youtube]

I honestly don't have an issue with this but I think they are not doing themselves any favors. This little video is not going to make anyone change their opinion on the subject.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:So, Nazi France next week? Fuck, I hate politics and the cunts who think they know anything about it on FB.
Ah, your finest hour
https://www.talkinfrench.com/wp-content ... e_main.jpg

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

I'm not a doctor, so I ended up wondering what the hell was up with the red patches on their faces.

Was it real, or something tossed in to make Australia seem even scarier.

Was that women an anti-vaxxer with measles, and the dude been caught in a threshing machine?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

feathers wrote:
Cnutella wrote:I almost feel sorry for Lilandra being punted up and down the comments of her own with hardly a "progressive" in sight to come to her aid, which should tell her something about the hill on which she has chosen to die. If, as she says, the majority of atheists are "progressive" in the sloppily defined sense in which I think she means it, then where are they? I suspect that even the SJW types of "progressive" can see when they're going to get fucked in an argument and so will only get their hands dirty when the odds are stacked in their favor, as on Pharyngula.
I suppose by now she regrets deeply having left the FfTB incubation- and echo chamber.
LiRa is in over her head. She spat out a typical FEELZ B4 REALZ post, pouncing prematurely on the false report that the SB killers were 3 white men, just to grind her axe on gun control & Islam apologetics. Now she's back-pedaling furiously, claiming that the central point of her post doesn't really matter.

And yes, Facts Suck™. A rate of 3.4 killings per year simply does not make a national epidemic of white supremacist mass murder. And sure, she's just parroting the prog meme of '... since 9/11' but it's still disingenuous as fuck. So now she's reduced to strawmanning and appeals to emotion.

Unlike FTB, normal people actually read Patheos. SJWs carefully pick & choose their online battlegrounds, so will avoid comment streams with any sizable presence of skeptics. Then, like with Nugent's blog, they'll just whine that 'MRAs' and 'evil slymepitters' have 'taken over'.

It appears that Ra Family Enterprises, LLC handed much of the blogging duties over to Mrs. Ra, so Mr. Ra could focus on godknowswhat. If she can endure the butthurt, LiRa's foot-in-mouth routine could prove a lucrative click-bait endeavor.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:I feel a ban coming on.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/rare ... 2397409118
When we compare the minuscule, disjointed & half-assed white supremacist groups in the US with the well-funded, trained & armed jihadist organizations with elaborate plans for mass murder; when we compare the pariah status of white supremacists to the substantial number of moslems who, for example, approved of the Charlie Hebdo massacre; it is specious to argue that a 45 : 48 ratio of victims proves that white supremacism is a greater threat than jihadism.
Yes.

This whole "see? White people and Christians are terrorists, too" thing that many progressives are doing highlights some of the limitations of language and the perils of categorization.

Consider: what rightly worries us about Islamic terrorism has nothing to do with the fact that we call it terrorism. When it comes to threat assessment and security, it's irrelevant how we choose to define the T-word or whether we decide that a given attack constitutes an example of it. It's just a fucking word. What matters—all that matters—are the facts.

Now, since terrorism is defined as violence with political motivation, progressives aren't incorrect when they say that the recent Planned Parenthood shooting (for instance) qualifies. But how much does "violence with political motivation" actually tell us? It's a pretty broad category if you think about it. Almost any "motivation" other than a personal grudge can be considered "political," and there's also the question of how much credence we should give to the stated motives of a killer who is severely mentally ill.

But even if we narrow our definition by excluding mentally ill killers and getting quite specific about what counts as "political," do we really learn anything particularly useful by categorizing an incident as an act of terrorism? I mean, from a threat-assessment and security perspective, do all "acts of terrorism" necessarily have much in common? Must all "politically motivated" violence be equally threatening? Must all "politically motivated" threats be dealt with in the same way?

Obviously not.

So now we have a whole bunch of well-meaning but misguided progressives (and some who aren't well-meaning, to be sure) who want to fight against anti-Muslim bigotry but have the unfortunate tendency to see it where it doesn't exist. They see it in the wide coverage that the mainstream media gives to acts of Islamic terrorism, and they even see it in the term Islamic terrorism itself. To counter this bigotry (real and imagined), they're employing several tactics, one of which is to remind us all of the broad definition of terrorism so that we stop associating it so closely with Islam(ism!).

But as Matt Cavanaugh points out, Islamic terrorism is not like other terrorism right now. It's a unique threat because of the facts, not because of how we categorize it.

Jihadist movements pose a special problem for a number of reasons: they have a growing and seemingly limitless supply of radicalized and radicalizable Muslims around the world who will support them or at least turn a blind eye to their activity; they're often highly coordinated and well-financed; their religious fervor makes them nigh impossible to reason with and hell-bent on maximizing death and destruction; and, perhaps most important, they stand a decent chance of obtaining weapons of mass destruction in the foreseeable future and using them against us.

It seems to me that the progressives focusing on the T-word and shouting "Checkmate! Terrorism is just as much a white/male/Christian/atheist-Dawk-bro thing!" are committing some version of the nominal fallacy, where one mistakes naming a phenomenon for explaining it. The word terrorism, I would argue, explains very little.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Brive1987 wrote:Bless him.
If you gotta ask, you'll never know...

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Service Dog wrote:The line I'm going to steal... pertains to 'Why is it called Feminism, if it's gender-equality for Everybody?"

This kid points-out... that Feminists insist we gender-neutralize EVERY OTHER WORD, but they
refuse to take their own advice & rename their own movement.
One of the options for gender-neutral pronouns is the set based on ve, vir, ver, etc. If you used this (row from BBC table) and applied it to "feminism," the results would be "verminism."

I am ready to go gender-neutral if we agree to use this option.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tribble wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Are you saying that Mexicans are not allowed to have volcanos?
No, he's saying that Taco Bell doesn't serve Mexican food. Or Tex-Mex. Or Cal-Mex. Or any other Mexican food hybrid.
Hence the sobriquet, Taco Hell. In town, we have a Taco Shell. So you can get gas while you get gas.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I work with a half Mexican. He loves Taco Bell. This doesn't prove anything.

feathers

Post by feathers »

comhcinc wrote:I work with a half Mexican. He loves Taco Bell. This doesn't prove anything.
How was he cut up, top/bottom half, lengthwise dorsal or lateral? Which half do you work with?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:I feel a ban coming on.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/rare ... 2397409118
When we compare the minuscule, disjointed & half-assed white supremacist groups in the US with the well-funded, trained & armed jihadist organizations with elaborate plans for mass murder; when we compare the pariah status of white supremacists to the substantial number of moslems who, for example, approved of the Charlie Hebdo massacre; it is specious to argue that a 45 : 48 ratio of victims proves that white supremacism is a greater threat than jihadism.
Yes.

This whole "see? White people and Christians are terrorists, too" thing that many progressives are doing highlights some of the limitations of language and the perils of categorization.

Consider: what rightly worries us about Islamic terrorism has nothing to do with the fact that we call it terrorism. When it comes to threat assessment and security, it's irrelevant how we choose to define the T-word or whether we decide that a given attack constitutes an example of it. It's just a fucking word. What matters—all that matters—are the facts.

Now, since terrorism is defined as violence with political motivation, progressives aren't incorrect when they say that the recent Planned Parenthood shooting (for instance) qualifies. But how much does "violence with political motivation" actually tell us? It's a pretty broad category if you think about it. Almost any "motivation" other than a personal grudge can be considered "political," and there's also the question of how much credence we should give to the stated motives of a killer who is severely mentally ill.

But even if we narrow our definition by excluding mentally ill killers and getting quite specific about what counts as "political," do we really learn anything particularly useful by categorizing an incident as an act of terrorism? I mean, from a threat-assessment and security perspective, do all "acts of terrorism" necessarily have much in common? Must all "politically motivated" violence be equally threatening? Must all "politically motivated" threats be dealt with in the same way?

Obviously not.

So now we have a whole bunch of well-meaning but misguided progressives (and some who aren't well-meaning, to be sure) who want to fight against anti-Muslim bigotry but have the unfortunate tendency to see it where it doesn't exist. They see it in the wide coverage that the mainstream media gives to acts of Islamic terrorism, and they even see it in the term Islamic terrorism itself. To counter this bigotry (real and imagined), they're employing several tactics, one of which is to remind us all of the broad definition of terrorism so that we stop associating it so closely with Islam(ism!).

But as Matt Cavanaugh points out, Islamic terrorism is not like other terrorism right now. It's a unique threat because of the facts, not because of how we categorize it.

Jihadist movements pose a special problem for a number of reasons: they have a growing and seemingly limitless supply of radicalized and radicalizable Muslims around the world who will support them or at least turn a blind eye to their activity; they're often highly coordinated and well-financed; their religious fervor makes them nigh impossible to reason with and hell-bent on maximizing death and destruction; and, perhaps most important, they stand a decent chance of obtaining weapons of mass destruction in the foreseeable future and using them against us.

It seems to me that the progressives focusing on the T-word and shouting "Checkmate! Terrorism is just as much a white/male/Christian/atheist-Dawk-bro thing!" are committing some version of the nominal fallacy, where one mistakes naming a phenomenon for explaining it. The word terrorism, I would argue, explains very little.
Great analysis, GA. Once again, we see the SJW's shamanist belief in the power of words to shape reality.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Tigzy wrote:
I'm sure Sharitamadari (what kind of fuckin name is that anyway? Sounds like something out of Dune) would have gladly paid up - and with grovelling apologies alongside an offer of a BJ - had Nawaz told him it was jizya. :lol:
I gather it's an Azeri-Iranian name. His uncle, Ali Shariatmadari
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Shariatmadari was one of the goons that Ayatollah Khomenei appointed to islamicize Iranian universities after the revolution.
It sounds like his nephew shares his views.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

feathers wrote:
comhcinc wrote:I work with a half Mexican. He loves Taco Bell. This doesn't prove anything.
How was he cut up, top/bottom half, lengthwise dorsal or lateral? Which half do you work with?

Don't know. It happened in Utah and I find it's best to avoid questions.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I heard this over the weekend. It's a very good breakdown of why progressives think what they(we) think. It's about 12 minutes and a good listen.

http://www.onthemedia.org/story/elitist ... st-morons/
For many on the Left, Trump's popularity confirms their worst suspicions: that half of the population are fascistic morons. Similarly, President Obama's presidency has confirmed for many on the Right that half of the population are America-hating elitists (who are also morons). According to Michael Lind, co-founder of the New America Foundation, these myths we perpetuate to explain how someone could have a different political, religious, or economic belief than we do are perhaps the most dangerous lies of all.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Tigzy wrote:
I gather it's an Azeri-Iranian name. His uncle, Ali Shariatmadari
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Shariatmadari was one of the goons that Ayatollah Khomenei appointed to islamicize Iranian universities after the revolution.
It sounds like his nephew shares his views.
Curious. Given his first name, I assumed he wasn't muslim, hence my digs at his apparent dhimmitude. Course, having a muslim uncle doesn't necessarily make one a muslim, so...

...ah, who cares.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Guest_0048cc29 wrote:I'm not a doctor, so I ended up wondering what the hell was up with the red patches on their faces.

Was that women an anti-vaxxer with measles, and the dude been caught in a threshing machine?
Those are Drop Bear stings. Australians scorn the dangers they face daily from their wildlife.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Cnutella wrote:
Guest_0048cc29 wrote:I'm not a doctor, so I ended up wondering what the hell was up with the red patches on their faces.

Those are Drop Bear stings. Australians scorn the dangers they face daily from their wildlife.

I can't help but think that maybe if they had more guns maybe the environment wouldn't be so dangerous? :think:

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Vive la viche!!!!!

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

y pas e

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lest we only pick on the Plussers:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/islamahmad ... 2398278809
me wrote:”Many youth from developed countries have become radicalized by hate filled clerics simply because our actions have served as a potential recruiting tool to their course. A case in point is Islamophobia that unfortunately exists among us.”

I’m sorry, did I just read you correctly? Islamophobia (however you may define that) in the West is to blame for radicalizing ISIS recruits? What other ‘actions’ make us culpable for ISIS’ existence?

”ISIS is not an Islamic organization because nothing in the Holy Quran, Sunna or Hadith (practices and sayings of Prophet Muhammad) permit the killing of innocent souls, or raping of women as part of faith.“

I’m sure that if I quoted numerous passages exhorting the beheading & mutilation of those who refuse to convert, or the righteous taking of the vanquished’s women & girls as ‘wives’, you’d tell me I can’t understand what they truly mean unless I read it in Arabic, amirite?

Or perhaps you could tackle those problematic passages head-on and explain, to us non-moslems and to those potential recruits, why the prima facie interpretation (and, apparently, ISIS’ interpretation as well) is not ’true’ Islam.

(FYI, el niño has arrived, and I'm stuck inside, with little to do except argue on Patheos and sext with another lurker.)

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Lest we only pick on the Plussers:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/islamahmad ... 2398278809
me wrote:”Many youth from developed countries have become radicalized by hate filled clerics simply because our actions have served as a potential recruiting tool to their course. A case in point is Islamophobia that unfortunately exists among us.”

I’m sorry, did I just read you correctly? Islamophobia (however you may define that) in the West is to blame for radicalizing ISIS recruits? What other ‘actions’ make us culpable for ISIS’ existence?

”ISIS is not an Islamic organization because nothing in the Holy Quran, Sunna or Hadith (practices and sayings of Prophet Muhammad) permit the killing of innocent souls, or raping of women as part of faith.“

I’m sure that if I quoted numerous passages exhorting the beheading & mutilation of those who refuse to convert, or the righteous taking of the vanquished’s women & girls as ‘wives’, you’d tell me I can’t understand what they truly mean unless I read it in Arabic, amirite?

Or perhaps you could tackle those problematic passages head-on and explain, to us non-moslems and to those potential recruits, why the prima facie interpretation (and, apparently, ISIS’ interpretation as well) is not ’true’ Islam.

(FYI, el niño has arrived, and I'm stuck inside, with little to do except argue on Patheos and sext with another lurker.)
el nino has been known for it's kink effect

feathers

Post by feathers »

Za-zen wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:(FYI, el niño has arrived, and I'm stuck inside, with little to do except argue on Patheos and sext with another lurker.)
El niño makes you muslim!
and gay

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

I am pretty sure - statistically speaking - that all of your arguments on this page will be strengthened by solid crunching matters.

#LestWeForget
another lurker wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: Paging our resident statistician (no, not you Billie. Sit down), another lurker, for input.
Give me a minute...

I have to run the numbers...

It's complicated.

http://lookimonline.com/wp-content/uplo ... wal-03.jpg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Service Dog wrote:The line I'm going to steal... pertains to 'Why is it called Feminism, if it's gender-equality for Everybody?"

This kid points-out... that Feminists insist we gender-neutralize EVERY OTHER WORD, but they
One of the options for gender-neutral pronouns is the set based on ve, vir, ver, etc. If you used this (row from BBC table) and applied it to "feminism," the results would be "verminism."

Fingersnaps!

I propose Xirminism, pronounced "Sermonism".

free thoughtpolice

feathers wrote:
Za-zen wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:(FYI, el niño has arrived, and I'm stuck inside, with little to do except argue on Patheos and sext with another lurker.)
El niño makes you muslim!
and gay
El nino has been behaving like a terrorist here for sure, delivering torrents of rain with winds peaking over 50 mph and sabotaging our electric power. Nearly ripped the fascia board off my house too. :shock:

Billie from Ockham

free thoughtpolice wrote:El nino has been behaving like a terrorist here for sure....
That's what Chris Christie said....

Service Dog

Re: Harmful Remixes

Post by Service Dog »

Aneris wrote:Flip tha script — two short “harmful remixes”.

Christina Hoff Sommers
[youtube]Pm61JqXKBYc[/youtube]

Jonathan McIntosh
[youtube]Ej9CxTDz8nE[/youtube]

This one is much more sophisticated. Posted by Vernaculis:
[youtube]U_DHVTeKW6k[/youtube]

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Why are Atheists arguing about why ISIS aren't REAL Muslims? As far as an Atheist is concerned religions are made up so REAL Islam is a tautology. You would have to be a fool to think that all people that self label themselves Mulsim support terrorism. Just as much a fool to think that the nice family down the road who support gender equality and LGBT rights is the only true Islam.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

comhcinc wrote: I can't help but think that maybe if they had more guns maybe the environment wouldn't be so dangerous? :think:
No Aborigines in that video, only foreign predator species. Maybe ask Abos if their ancestors would have been better-off with AK47s.

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

free thoughtpolice wrote:El nino has been behaving like a terrorist here for sure....
It's amazing that Chris Christie used to be the out there candidate but now is seen as the one to save the GOP from Trump. I used to think that the GOP is unelectable but I see that Clinton is deeply disliked (for good reasons) by a lot of Democratic voters who may stay home on election day.

free thoughtpolice

PZ is celebrating the death of the Morris North Star:
https://archive.is/jTAoC

Nobody talking about the just about as defunct A+.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

LiRa is the gift that keeps on giving:
Lilandra Ra wrote:Any terrorist “no fly” list should include domestic terrorists too.
me wrote:You do realize ‘no-fly’ lists are intended to prevent foreign terrorists from flying into the country?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Michael J wrote:
It's amazing that Chris Christie used to be the out there candidate but now is seen as the one to save the GOP from Trump. I used to think that the GOP is unelectable but I see that Clinton is deeply disliked (for good reasons) by a lot of Democratic voters who may stay home on election day.
The beauty of Trump is that he doesn't coast into office automatically; via normal, dreary two-party momentum.

He's only elected if desperate times truly-do call for desperate self-immolation. It's elegant. The system not working causes the system to work one last time, to shut itself off.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Fingersnaps!

I propose Xirminism, pronounced "Sermonism".

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

comhcinc wrote:
Cnutella wrote:

I can't help but think that maybe if they had more guns maybe the environment wouldn't be so dangerous? :think:
It would probably just make life riskier.

"If you rub your face and arms with a box jellyfish, it really help take your mind off a gunshot wound."

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:LiRa is the gift that keeps on giving:
Lilandra Ra wrote:Any terrorist “no fly” list should include domestic terrorists too.
me wrote:You do realize ‘no-fly’ lists are intended to prevent foreign terrorists from flying into the country?
Haha, LiRa's top anti-terrorist tips:

1) White males should be made to take their shoes off by security before boarding a flight.
2) Any violence by men with a skin ton lighter than Pantone 88-8c should be classified as genocide
3) Domestic terrorism should be made illegal
4) The 4th Amendment should be considered a quaint anachronism for caucasians, unless they identify as Muslim.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Interesting.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote:Interesting.

Useful: Carrier will openly answer questions others wouldn't, grateful to have been noticed/ treated as authoritative.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I suggested the committe could only benefit from the presence of a published scholar.

SM12

Post by SM12 »

Brive1987 wrote:I suggested the committe could only benefit from the presence of a published scholar.
But where are they going to find one?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

TiBo wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Wild Zontargs wrote:Have something absurd:
[.youtube]pEUp7ZnCFqs[/youtube]
Nice sig:
iustitia sociali delenda est
I am going to pilfer that one.
Iustitia Sociali ?
Erh, getting my Latin proficiency certificate was a lifetime long ago, but wouldn't this either be "Iustitia Socialis" or "Iustitia Sociale" ?

I am going to go with Socialis rather than the French sounding Sociale because potatoe.

(never mind plural vs singular as in amo, amas, amat, amamus, amatis, amant which implies that Socialis is correct. Nope. Thas not it at all)

And you sir, are a cantelope.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Wait, are you asking for an Internet diagnosis?!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

deLurch wrote:This appears to be the ultimate way to troll feminists.

Watch the video. I assure you it is worth it.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/1 ... arty-stunt

Clearly the Aussie news program, A Current Affair is feeding of it too.

More.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... party.html
Hilarious!

Keating

Post by Keating »

Michael J wrote:
If I was a US citizen, I'd vote Trump over Clinton.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Keating wrote:snip

If I was a US citizen, I'd vote Trump over Clinton.
It's a lay down misere whichever way you look at it.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Keating wrote: If I was a US citizen, I'd vote Trump over Clinton.
It's a tough choice. You're basically voting between a cock and a hard face.

Billie from Ockham

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:LiRa is the gift that keeps on giving:
Nice zinger. Too bad that you're wrong, as the list was always intended to include those considered to be a danger to aviation, regardless of the whether the flight takes off, lands, or merely passes through US airspace.

With that said, LiRa is also wrong, as so-called "domestic terrorists" (such as Ted Kennedy) are also put on the list.