Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
JackSkeptic

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by JackSkeptic »

Guest wrote:Yeah, pretty much that. What incentive do they have to report on it, and what incentive do they have to ignore it?
Mostly I see plenty of incentives to ignore it, and no incentive to report on it.
You do know a lack of reporting is news in itself? Also media changes and the Airplay is not just done and dusted and forgotten. It may encourage other such meetings. Who knows? I don't. Also in 6 months, a year, as editors, owners and media change there will be something to report won't there? Doing nothing with SJW's has been the reason why they have become so powerful and poisonous. Anything is better than sitting back and letting them wreck everything they touch. The atheism community tried that and look where it got us?

Post by Guest »

I'm glad airplay is going to be held.

All I said was that aGG's tactic of ignoring it is probably the winning tactic. If they had attended it would have stood a much better chance of changing minds.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

'Hey people who have been watching and reporting on the SJW incursion into the A/S or Gaming community. Journalists aren't interested in what you have to say so why don't you shut up and go away?'

Oh ok then.

Is this the same guest who just asked us what we were going to do since we have won as far as FtB is concerned?
Is it possible to put all guests on ignore?

Post by Guest »

jimthepleb wrote:'Hey people who have been watching and reporting on the SJW incursion into the A/S or Gaming community. Journalists aren't interested in what you have to say so why don't you shut up and go away?'

Oh ok then.

Is this the same guest who just asked us what we were going to do since we have won as far as FtB is concerned?
Is it possible to put all guests on ignore?
I certainly didn't say that and don't understand why you read that into what I wrote. What I said was journalists are lazy unethical shits and relying on that is sadly a winning strategy.

But I'll leave you be for tonight, I'm exhausted, time for some Stephen King then beddy bye.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Guest wrote:I'm glad airplay is going to be held.

All I said was that aGG's tactic of ignoring it is probably the winning tactic. If they had attended it would have stood a much better chance of changing minds.
Bearing in mind MSM and the gaming press have been relentlessly aGG, just as the A/S media and blogosphere was anti 'pit a year ago, GG has a small opportunity to set the record straight and prove that it has nothing to fear from the debate.
It will become increasingly difficult for aGG to mantain their narrative if they won't put their heads above the parapet. It is a journey of many small steps. aGG cannot win as they are vicious, lying, authoritarian assholes and exposure to them will make this evident to all but those with the strongest preconceptions.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

JackSkeptic wrote:
A few years ago Lee was on a Christian podcast hosted by a Pastor. The Pastor could not believe his luck as Lee proceeded to vilify and attack atheism, feeding into every prejudice Christians have about us. Great job Lee, you prick. Myers does the same. They do a lot of damage and a better job at promoting theism than most theists could hope to achieve.
I heard Lee on a podcast from some Christian show, if that's the one you are referring to.
My recollection is that it was the Pastor and his co-host who brought up the issues about feminism that Lee proceeded to expound upon to the delight of the hosts.
I got the impression that the hosts had done some minimal research on Adam Lee and had seen that he was critical of Dawkins over feminism and got him to discuss this on the show as a means of attacking atheism.
I thought that they could easily have destroyed Lee's pro-atheist position using his own quotes - if they had bothered to do some serious research and collect enough SJW ammo, which they hadn't done on this occasion.
It made me realize that we are never going to see the type of public religious debate we had a few years ago, when Dawkins and Hitchens etc teamed up against some archbishops, so long as the pro-atheist team features SJW atheists.
It would be trivially easy to derail such a debate simply by using a list of anti new atheist quotes made by the SJWs themselves and then watch them tie themselves in knots trying to extricate themselves from their mess.

Think of it, how would Adam Lee, Greta Christina and PZ Myers argue for atheism over religion against a team comprised of a liberal muslim, a black woman preacher and a transexual Christian?

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

didymos wrote:
Bourne Skeptic wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:Any idea how they estimate the male /female visitor ratio? How would they know?
[youtube]T3wcxHiorJ4[/youtube]
Transphobic!
How can Alexa but so binary?
How dare they exclude all those who are:

Asexual
Female to male trans man
Female to male transgender man
Female to male transsexual man
F2M
Gender neutral
Hermaphrodite
Intersex man
Intersex person
Intersex woman
Male to female trans woman
Male to female transgender woman
Male to female transsexual woman
Man
M2F
Polygender
T* man
T* woman
Two* person
Two-spirit person
Woman
Agender
Androgyne
Androgynes
Androgynous
Bigender
Cis
Cis Female
Cis Male
Cis Man
Cis Woman
Cisgender
Cisgender Female
Cisgender Male
Cisgender Man
Cisgender Woman
Female to Male
FTM
Gender Fluid
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderqueer
Intersex
Male to Female
MTF
Neither
Neutrois
Non-binary
Other
Pangender
Trans
Trans Female
Trans Male
Trans Man
Trans Person
Trans*Female
Trans*Male
Trans*Man
Trans*Person
Trans*Woman
Transexual
Transexual Female
Transexual Male
Transexual Man
Transexual Person
Transexual Woman
Transgender Female
Transgender Person
Transmasculine
Two-spirit

And is Alexa a boy or Girls name anyway?

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
JackSkeptic wrote:
A few years ago Lee was on a Christian podcast hosted by a Pastor. The Pastor could not believe his luck as Lee proceeded to vilify and attack atheism, feeding into every prejudice Christians have about us. Great job Lee, you prick. Myers does the same. They do a lot of damage and a better job at promoting theism than most theists could hope to achieve.
I heard Lee on a podcast from some Christian show, if that's the one you are referring to.
My recollection is that it was the Pastor and his co-host who brought up the issues about feminism that Lee proceeded to expound upon to the delight of the hosts.
I got the impression that the hosts had done some minimal research on Adam Lee and had seen that he was critical of Dawkins over feminism and got him to discuss this on the show as a means of attacking atheism.
I thought that they could easily have destroyed Lee's pro-atheist position using his own quotes - if they had bothered to do some serious research and collect enough SJW ammo, which they hadn't done on this occasion.
It made me realize that we are never going to see the type of public religious debate we had a few years ago, when Dawkins and Hitchens etc teamed up against some archbishops, so long as the pro-atheist team features SJW atheists.
It would be trivially easy to derail such a debate simply by using a list of anti new atheist quotes made by the SJWs themselves and then watch them tie themselves in knots trying to extricate themselves from their mess.

Think of it, how would Adam Lee, Greta Christina and PZ Myers argue for atheism over religion against a team comprised of a liberal muslim, a black woman preacher and a transexual Christian?
Sounds like the same podcast. It was terrible. Lee was the gift that kept on giving and he was also being lead along by the nose. It made me cringe. The host could hardly hide his glee. Here was an atheist saying atheism is terrible. The host couldn't believe his luck and didn't have to do anything to trigger Lee. Lee was doing a hit piece on atheism. I found it as part of my research into what was going on in the AS community as it seemed at first glance entryists were trying to hijack and politicize it. Lee's contribution helped me realise how bad things had got.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Shamefully I have been banned from Ed's blog and his farewell post.

Just as Zen and I were getting down and dirty.

Oh well. Here is my lost comment.

Zenlike, there is zero evidence Ogvorbis has ever tried to make amends with what he self describes as his "victims". To date he has leveraged the experience to elicit group attention and virtual hugs.

But I don't really have much interest in Ogvorbis and his discovered memories. It's the mentality of the horde I look askance at with their offers of baby-sitting jobs. Meanwhile they pillory Radford on the basis of accusations specifically refuted by documented evidence.

Re SZvan, as a noted analyst she appears deficient in her ability to track down the many many other comments made by Ogvorbis where he explicitly assumes full responsibility for a self aware evil act.

And yet elsewhere we have PZ taking no prisoners with another (christian) minor - Duggar https://archive.is/fbqBw who similarly claims youthful brainwashing as a defence.

In fact Ogvorbis here http://i.imgur.com/mPge1oP.jpg said Duggar was in exactly the same situation as he claims to be - with the difference being that he, Ogvorbis, had never asked for forgiveness - from anyone. Its ironic when even the site-rapist implicitly accuses PZ of double standards!

So Zen, facts. Never the strong point of FtB, never more obviously a problem than here.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:
SM12 wrote:An article from Adam Lee which somehow fails to mention just how much Myers has done for the atheist 'community'

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/daylightat ... community/
It's better than his usual crap, but still too Atheism-plussy for me. I understand that many SJWs blame various things (e.g., homophobia and sexism) on religion, which is how they justify linking atheism with related social-justice work, but - even after granting this assumption - the idea that atheists should spend a lot of time trying to fix these things while the cause remains intact makes little sense to me. Even more, the approach of most SJWs to these issues is awful. To be really useful, Adam Lee and others should be arguing for an evidence-based approach to social ills, preferably starting with a demonstration that they really are the fault of religion ... even if this risks demonstrating that certain tenets of SJWs (e.g., white/male privilege) are unwarranted or flat-out wrong.
To me, Adam Lee's article perfectly illustrates the insular nature of much of the American SJW scene.
The modern atheist movement has not sorted out religion such that we can now move on to other things. The battle is really just beginning, except Lee's outlook doesn't allow him to see anything outside the US. The area where atheism has to win is not in the US or even in Europe, it's in the Middle East and Africa. Those are the places where people are getting killed or enslaved for being non-religious or the wrong religion, where children are getting killed in real witch-hunts.
That is where we should be concentrating our efforts, supporting secularists in those places and, most importantly, taking the fight to the fundamentalists there.

The reason why SJWs like Lee, Myers and CJ Werleman get some grief from us is due to their own Kaffir-Latte anti-atheist efforts that provide indirect aid and support to those same fundamentalists.
Adam Lee's article is terribly wrong about one point, namely that the atheism movement had ever been "unwelcoming" to minorities. It never was. The "big tent" for secularist causes that the SJWs hate so much was pretty much welcoming to everyone, and no "big name" in atheism was ever against LGBT rights or against women's rights or argued for racism.

Most women or minorities in atheism recognized this. People like Aayan Hirsi Ali or Jamila Bey rose to significant heights in the "movement" and were highly respected. Ex-Muslims were welcomed and appreciated. Equality feminists and people arguing for LGBT rights were always a part of the atheism movement.

Most atheists might have been white males (for a variety of reasons), but some people were trying to make things more "welcoming" for "minorities", but in a clever, polite, respectful way. Nobody important was against that. The only really sexist, racist, homophobic atheists I've heard of were Youtube trolls of no real importance, who should have been ignored.

What happened was that the SJWs were the ones who wanted the movement to become "unwelcoming" to a lot of people. They wanted to kick out anyone who wasn't a card carrying SJW. And "diversity" didn't matter as much as ideological commitment. Just look at what happened to Jamila Bey (a black woman) on FTB for her horrible crime to dare to speak at CPAC, to be a little more "welcoming" to Republicans.

The SJWs were the ones who started to shout "kick out the C.H.U.D.S." or "libertarians are evil!" or "you're all racist, homophobic and sexist just for being cis straight white males!"

The SJWs were the ones who took some cases and built them up to write a narrative of widespread sexism, racism or homophobia in the atheists communities. The narrative-building from SJWs was what made it look like the "atheism movement" was "unwelcoming" to minorities.

Just look at the Elevatorgate: Rebecca Watson was made an awkward and admittedly possibly worrying proposal in an elevator. Fair enough, I wouldn't hold it against her to be upset Then she made a video about how "guys" shouldn't "do that", which was rather patronizing in assuming that a lot of other "guys" needed to be told "not to do that", but really no big deal. Although I grant her that since she had just given a feminist seminar she wanted to make her point, and it was her right to do so.

Other people replied to her with reasoned criticism (at least one of them was a woman). Some of them were trolls and insult vomiting Youtube idiots, as it is usual for pretty much every video on Youtube, from videos of kittens to national anthems. She took those trolls and insults together with the reasoned criticism and made them the subject of a lecture about "sexism in the movement".

She had no evidence that all the trolls/insults were from atheists. She had no evidence that those trolls/insults were targeting her specifically for her ideas and not because it's what trolls and people who write random insults do on the Internet. And she had no evidence or non-ideological arguments to support her choice to put together the trolling with the criticism of her ideas and argue they were on a spectrum of hatred and sexism.

Basically she made it all about her and her incident as the "smoking gun" of sexism in the movement.

When Dawkins suggested, in a sarcastic way, to move on from a discussion of what was a minor act and focus on some more important goals of atheism and feminism (like the status of the women in Muslim countries) then the discussion about an uncomfortable elevator accident, some idiots/trolls on the Internet and some legitimate disagreements, the SJWs used his suggestion to cry that he was a sexist monster who didn't care about their feelings.

And so the narrative of the atheist movement being "unwelcoming to minorities" was completed.

And instead of focusing about the "Muslimas "of the world anymore and about them being genitally mutilated, sold into marriage at an early age, killed as witches, stoned ad adulterers, or other horrors, the discussion of both atheism AND feminism became all about horrors of trolling, of morons writing stupid shit on Youtube, of disagreements on Twitter, of having to read opinions who weren't completely progressive and progressive in the "right way", of being name-called or of being "objectified".

Islam was also gradually excused from heavy criticism and mockery because "Muslims are poor, oppressed minorities of POCs in the West" and therefore they had the right not to be offended too much, not to be criticized too much, not to be prioritized as a threat to women's rights, or to secularism.

People who said "Twatson" or "cobweb cunt" used admittedly unpolite insults. Those insults, however, ultimately were of no consequence and arguably they were partly justified "tit for tat" for being called "rape apologists" for not agreeing with SJW dogmas (although it's usually better to take the high road, Nugent style).

Those people, though, were considered more evil or at least more worthy of attention than ISIS terrorists who decapitated feminist activists. That's insane. Even if you are convinced that "cunt" is the worst insult ever uttered on the face of the earth and an extremely evil act surely a decapitation is much more worthy of your attention, since, you know, it tends to leave far more long-lasting effects.

But this was just the start. The attention of both atheists and feminists was captured by increasingly more trivial things: jokes whih could be constructed in some ways as "sexism", shirts with attractive women on them (which are sexist because...), jokes about underwear getting smaller because of global warming...

I think that this was detrimental not only to atheism but to feminism itself and to social justice in general, if anything because it's a huge waste of time on trivial, inconsequential, ultimately harmless things, many of which aren't even meant to be "offensive" unless you deliberately take offense at them.

Meanwhile real religiously inspired sexist hatred takes lives in amny countries ruled by sharia laws, but Muslims can't be criticised or mocked too much otherwise you're "Islamophobic".

This is insane.

Post by Guest »

This old Limmy* video reminded me of Ophelia's recent drubbing over refusing to play the Yes/No game.

[youtube]TEGgvEexs-Q[/youtube]

*Scots comedian. Surreal. Sweary. Possibly a mad genius. Recently caught shit for criticising SJWs.

franc

Post by franc »

Kirbmarc wrote:To me, Adam Lee's article perfectly illustrates the insular nature of much of the American SJW scene.
Yeah, I can excuse mindless blether, but not the absence of tits. Lift your game Adam.

franc

Post by franc »

Kirbmarc wrote:People who said "Twatson" or "cobweb cunt" used admittedly unpolite insults.
Coming from me this will sound insane. But I was an early advocate of avoiding pointless snarl words back on the original scienceblogs threads. And got shouted down by Justicar in one of his numerous meth binges. Becky doesn't need derisive language to show her true hideousness. Nor does Ms. Parallel_Logic or the short fat prick (who deserves no better moniker).

Colourful language is good. In moderation and with wisdom. Cunts.

Pogsurf

Post by Pogsurf »

Guest wrote:This old Limmy* video reminded me of Ophelia's recent drubbing over refusing to play the Yes/No game.

[youtube]TEGgvEexs-Q[/youtube]

*Scots comedian. Surreal. Sweary. Possibly a mad genius. Recently caught shit for criticising SJWs.
Benson is a homicidal TERF. QED.

franc

Post by franc »

I feel pretty, oh so pretty. Have a Mandelbrot goatse.

Pogsurf

Post by Pogsurf »

Would it be impolite of me to mention that 'unpolite insult' is a tautology?

franc

Post by franc »

Pogsurf wrote:Would it be impolite of me to mention that 'unpolite insult' is a tautology?
No. Fuck you and your dog.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Slipterid wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Peez still can't hit 50 comments for a post. A severe case of the szvans.
I give it a week before he tries to stoke up some comments with a WotW post.
Yeah he needs a nice shiny new grenade to throw. Anyone got one handy?
Well, he can't get one from Carrie again, since she's been really busy learning to count to ten. This is from her youtube channel...

[youtube]l1zsM1H61RI[/youtube]

This was about 4 months ago, so she's probably up to 19 by now. Or not. Moving from single digits to double ones might be a bit difficult.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

justinvacula wrote:Ophelia continues to take jabs at FTB:
A housekeeping note
Aug 10th, 2015 9:28 am | By Ophelia Benson
Dear readers and especially commenters – ur-B&W has been pretty dormant for four years, so things are a little rusty.

Comments are sometimes slow to appear, but they do turn up.

It’s ok if you make a duplicate, I can just delete them. No worries.

It will take me awhile to oil all the joints.

Meanwhile, enjoy not having to see all those god damn ads!

- See more at: http://www.butterfliesandwheels.org/not ... NkC2n.dpuf
Too many ads is kind of a light critic. I think everyone understands it and agrees with it.

Plus Ophelia is now running a value added service of an ad free blog supported by her patreon. She needs to learn to reference the patreon account when noting her blog is add free.

Malky

Post by Malky »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote: "Snip"

Adam Lee's article is terribly wrong about one point, namely that the atheism movement had ever been "unwelcoming" to minorities. It never was. The "big tent" for secularist causes that the SJWs hate so much was pretty much welcoming to everyone, and no "big name" in atheism was ever against LGBT rights or against women's rights or argued for racism.

Most women or minorities in atheism recognized this. People like Aayan Hirsi Ali or Jamila Bey rose to significant heights in the "movement" and were highly respected. Ex-Muslims were welcomed and appreciated. Equality feminists and people arguing for LGBT rights were always a part of the atheism movement.

Most atheists might have been white males (for a variety of reasons), but some people were trying to make things more "welcoming" for "minorities", but in a clever, polite, respectful way. Nobody important was against that. The only really sexist, racist, homophobic atheists I've heard of were Youtube trolls of no real importance, who should have been ignored.

What happened was that the SJWs were the ones who wanted the movement to become "unwelcoming" to a lot of people. They wanted to kick out anyone who wasn't a card carrying SJW. And "diversity" didn't matter as much as ideological commitment. Just look at what happened to Jamila Bey (a black woman) on FTB for her horrible crime to dare to speak at CPAC, to be a little more "welcoming" to Republicans.

The SJWs were the ones who started to shout "kick out the C.H.U.D.S." or "libertarians are evil!" or "you're all racist, homophobic and sexist just for being cis straight white males!"

The SJWs were the ones who took some cases and built them up to write a narrative of widespread sexism, racism or homophobia in the atheists communities. The narrative-building from SJWs was what made it look like the "atheism movement" was "unwelcoming" to minorities.

Just look at the Elevatorgate: Rebecca Watson was made an awkward and admittedly possibly worrying proposal in an elevator. Fair enough, I wouldn't hold it against her to be upset Then she made a video about how "guys" shouldn't "do that", which was rather patronizing in assuming that a lot of other "guys" needed to be told "not to do that", but really no big deal. Although I grant her that since she had just given a feminist seminar she wanted to make her point, and it was her right to do so.

Other people replied to her with reasoned criticism (at least one of them was a woman). Some of them were trolls and insult vomiting Youtube idiots, as it is usual for pretty much every video on Youtube, from videos of kittens to national anthems. She took those trolls and insults together with the reasoned criticism and made them the subject of a lecture about "sexism in the movement".

She had no evidence that all the trolls/insults were from atheists. She had no evidence that those trolls/insults were targeting her specifically for her ideas and not because it's what trolls and people who write random insults do on the Internet. And she had no evidence or non-ideological arguments to support her choice to put together the trolling with the criticism of her ideas and argue they were on a spectrum of hatred and sexism.

Basically she made it all about her and her incident as the "smoking gun" of sexism in the movement.

When Dawkins suggested, in a sarcastic way, to move on from a discussion of what was a minor act and focus on some more important goals of atheism and feminism (like the status of the women in Muslim countries) then the discussion about an uncomfortable elevator accident, some idiots/trolls on the Internet and some legitimate disagreements, the SJWs used his suggestion to cry that he was a sexist monster who didn't care about their feelings.

And so the narrative of the atheist movement being "unwelcoming to minorities" was completed.

And instead of focusing about the "Muslimas "of the world anymore and about them being genitally mutilated, sold into marriage at an early age, killed as witches, stoned ad adulterers, or other horrors, the discussion of both atheism AND feminism became all about horrors of trolling, of morons writing stupid shit on Youtube, of disagreements on Twitter, of having to read opinions who weren't completely progressive and progressive in the "right way", of being name-called or of being "objectified".

Islam was also gradually excused from heavy criticism and mockery because "Muslims are poor, oppressed minorities of POCs in the West" and therefore they had the right not to be offended too much, not to be criticized too much, not to be prioritized as a threat to women's rights, or to secularism.

People who said "Twatson" or "cobweb cunt" used admittedly unpolite insults. Those insults, however, ultimately were of no consequence and arguably they were partly justified "tit for tat" for being called "rape apologists" for not agreeing with SJW dogmas (although it's usually better to take the high road, Nugent style).

Those people, though, were considered more evil or at least more worthy of attention than ISIS terrorists who decapitated feminist activists. That's insane. Even if you are convinced that "cunt" is the worst insult ever uttered on the face of the earth and an extremely evil act surely a decapitation is much more worthy of your attention, since, you know, it tends to leave far more long-lasting effects.

But this was just the start. The attention of both atheists and feminists was captured by increasingly more trivial things: jokes whih could be constructed in some ways as "sexism", shirts with attractive women on them (which are sexist because...), jokes about underwear getting smaller because of global warming...

I think that this was detrimental not only to atheism but to feminism itself and to social justice in general, if anything because it's a huge waste of time on trivial, inconsequential, ultimately harmless things, many of which aren't even meant to be "offensive" unless you deliberately take offense at them.

Meanwhile real religiously inspired sexist hatred takes lives in amny countries ruled by sharia laws, but Muslims can't be criticised or mocked too much otherwise you're "Islamophobic".

This is insane.
Couldn't agree more with this - I also note that it seems to be a problem with SJWs in the USA that nothing is more important than them no matter how trivial. The issue of USA exceptionalism of course applies to alot if the nonsense that comes from there.

windy

Post by windy »

Shatterface wrote:Two people have been stabbed to death in a Swedish Ikea. Possibly another outbreak of toxic masculinity.
The suspects turn out to be asylum seekers, so there will probably be less talk about toxic masculinity and more about regrettable but isolated incidents. Maybe they were simply stabbing up?

http://www.thelocal.se/20150811/ikea-su ... um-and-son

The victims were a mother and son who apparently had no connection to the suspects. One of the suspects has been stabbed as well and is in critical condition.

http://www.thelocal.se/20150810/triple- ... ikea-store
A person who was originally thought to be a third, seriously injured victim turned out to be one of the two suspects, said Västerås police chief Per Ågren.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

She's still pretending to not notice the FtB implosion or Peez in the doghouse...

http://imgur.com/JP2rlNZ.jpg

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Pogsurf wrote:Would it be impolite of me to mention that 'unpolite insult' is a tautology?
I beg to differ, you cunt. It is, however, bad English.

Pogsurf

Post by Pogsurf »

Shatterface wrote:
No idea what bad English is, shitlord. But please do elaborate how you can be both polite and insulting at the same time.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Pogsurf wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
No idea what bad English is, shitlord. But please do elaborate how you can be both polite and insulting at the same time.
Pardon me for interrupting, but you are fucking ugly.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Pogsurf wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
It's a British art form:

“I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one.” – George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

“Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second … if there is one.” – Winston Churchill.

Pogsurf

Post by Pogsurf »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Pogsurf wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
If that was directed at me then that's merely stating an indisputable fact in a superficially polite manner. If you are delivering an insult, you can't do it in a respectful and considerate way.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

KiwiInOz wrote:

Badd inglish form thu ante-podiums. Frigin anti-ters.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Pogsurf wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
[youtube]JnPfgX82GmM[/youtube]

Pogsurf

Post by Pogsurf »

Shatterface wrote:
Pogsurf wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
It's a British art form:

“I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one.” – George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

“Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second … if there is one.” – Winston Churchill.
Yes, clearly the British would lead the way in this sort of thing (sorry natives). But what's going on is disguising a hostile intent in an innocuous wrapping. How on earth would we distinguish unpolite insults from insults in general? And surely 'polite insults' are actually worse, as they would have a real sting in their tail.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

"Mr Attlee is very modest man. Indeed he has a lot to be modest about."

-

acathode

Post by acathode »

windy wrote:
Shatterface wrote:Two people have been stabbed to death in a Swedish Ikea. Possibly another outbreak of toxic masculinity.
The suspects turn out to be asylum seekers, so there will probably be less talk about toxic masculinity and more about regrettable but isolated incidents. Maybe they were simply stabbing up?

http://www.thelocal.se/20150811/ikea-su ... um-and-son

The victims were a mother and son who apparently had no connection to the suspects. One of the suspects has been stabbed as well and is in critical condition.

http://www.thelocal.se/20150810/triple- ... ikea-store
A person who was originally thought to be a third, seriously injured victim turned out to be one of the two suspects, said Västerås police chief Per Ågren.
The two men were recent arrivals from Eritrea, and the internet rumor mills are spinning out of control - some claim that one of the suspects can be heard shouting "Allahu akbar" in a video of the arrest - but IMO that might just be the "Play Led Zeppelin backwards"/"hear what you want to hear"-effect.

Currently, there are some very not-so-subtle racist undertones starting to sound very loudly on Swedish parts of the internet - and it didn't help that this happened shortly after Malmö has been plagued by a series of hand-grenade attacks from criminal (immigrant) gangs - but police currently say there are no known political motives behind the attack and IMO this is exactly the sort of situation where one should just shut up and wait for more information before making any speculations.

(The Chapel Hill shooting was a nice example of just how fucking retarded things can get when people let identity politics inform their conclusions, rather than waiting for the facts...)

feathers

Post by feathers »

acathode wrote:Currently, there are some very not-so-subtle racist undertones starting to sound very loudly on Swedish parts of the internet - and it didn't help that this happened shortly after Malmö has been plagued by a series of hand-grenade attacks from criminal (immigrant) gangs - but police currently say there are no known political motives behind the attack and IMO this is exactly the sort of situation where one should just shut up and wait for more information before making any speculations.
But the damage is done, 5% more votes to the ultra-right.

Really?

Post by Really? »

justinvacula wrote:The Reason Rally (originally a 2012 gathering of secularists in Washington D.C.) will be happening again in 2016.

I'm curious about who will be invited to speak and who will make decisions concerning the event. Greta and PZ, for instance, both spoke in 2012. Will they be invited to speak once again?

Will there be hysterics surrounding speakers making demands about who is invited to speak and who attends the event? Will Richard Dawkins speak once again? Is David Silverman going to be involved? How many witches of the week will be on stage?

Will we have a Slymepit meetup in D.C? :) I plan to be there and will very likely be organizing transportation departing from either the Wilkes-Barre or Allentown areas in Pennsylvania.

Who are these individuals at a recent Reason Rally planning meeting?

http://i.imgur.com/VvzjfOE.jpg

I only recognize Kelly Damerow of Secular Colation for America.

I see, too, that Sarah Morehead was elected president of the newly formed Reason Rally Coalition (https://free-flo.org/speakers/#SM)

More pictures from planning meeting:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 418&type=3

Time will tell...
Fucking white hetero cismales control EVERYTHING. When will they give other people a chance?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

justinvacula wrote:The Reason Rally (originally a 2012 gathering of secularists in Washington D.C.) will be happening again in 2016.

I'm curious about who will be invited to speak and who will make decisions concerning the event. Greta and PZ, for instance, both spoke in 2012. Will they be invited to speak once again?

Will there be hysterics surrounding speakers making demands about who is invited to speak and who attends the event? Will Richard Dawkins speak once again? Is David Silverman going to be involved? How many witches of the week will be on stage?

Will we have a Slymepit meetup in D.C? :) I plan to be there and will very likely be organizing transportation departing from either the Wilkes-Barre or Allentown areas in Pennsylvania.

Who are these individuals at a recent Reason Rally planning meeting?
Is Reason Rally has ANY CREDIBILITY, not a single SJW or any of the FTBullies will be invited. In fact, they should be publicly called out and humiliated. I particularly want to see Stephanie Zvan called out n public, as a video link displays her wailing and sobbing salty tears.

NO MERCY for these fuckshits.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

CommanderTuvok wrote: Is Reason Rally has ANY CREDIBILITY, not a single SJW or any of the FTBullies will be invited. In fact, they should be publicly called out and humiliated. I particularly want to see Stephanie Zvan called out n public, as a video link displays her wailing and sobbing salty tears.

NO MERCY for these fuckshits.
Many, many years ago, I read a book of history which featured some of the excesses of the odious English vis-a-vis their campaigns in France during the Hundred Years war. During one barbarous descent upon some hapless French hamlet, the accursed Rosbifs chanced upon an extremely fat Frenchwoman, upon whom they they heaped the indignity of stripping her bare and forcing her haul a cart in the manner of a workhorse, complete with many lashes of the whip as wielded by the drunken English soldiers occupying said cart.

Now I'm not saying that Svan herself should suffer such a brutal indignity; just that for some reason, the idea of her being so publically humiliated brought this very scenario to my mind.

Post by Guest »

Ape+lust wrote:She's still pretending to not notice the FtB implosion or Peez in the doghouse...
It's good to know how well she cares for the needs of other people:

Elyse Wojnowski-Anders:
I don't want to say much because I have not yet talked with an attorney, but I am currently facing felony charges because of a PTSD attack and I spent the weekend in jail. There is no mercy or humanity in our criminal justice system and the way it deals with the mentally ill. That we don't even begin the discussion of how to treat mental illness wrt law enforcement until a white man shoots up a group of innocents is telling and upsetting and it has already killed people and I honestly had no idea if I was going to survive my experience this weekend. And I am scared for what the future of these charges mean for me.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Guest wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:She's still pretending to not notice the FtB implosion or Peez in the doghouse...

Elyse Wojnowski-Anders:
I don't want to say much because I have not yet talked with an attorney, but I am currently facing felony charges because of a PTSD attack and I spent the weekend in jail. There is no mercy or humanity in our criminal justice system and the way it deals with the mentally ill. That we don't even begin the discussion of how to treat mental illness wrt law enforcement until a white man shoots up a group of innocents is telling and upsetting and it has already killed people and I honestly had no idea if I was going to survive my experience this weekend. And I am scared for what the future of these charges mean for me.
Dafuk???- LINK PLEASE!!!!!

Really?

Post by Really? »

Guest wrote:

Elyse Wojnowski-Anders:
Link to that?

I looked on her blog and didn't see it. But I am amazed at the magic that is Elyse.

In her most recent post, she apologizes for outing a couple as swingers on Twitter. She also calls them dishonest.

Crazy Excerpt:
But I wrote this. And it was absolutely wrong. Even if the words I wrote were absolutely true, and they are not, even if these people are the absolute worst, and they are not, it is absolutely not at all my place to divulge this information about them, to the world, without their permission.

I wanted to write something about how really great these two people are, but that is irrelevant. They are. But that's aside. What I did and said and told the world about them was wrong and I am so much more than sorry and disgusted with myself for writing them.

Even if it was absolutely true… which it is not.

I want people who know them and know me to know that wasn't true.

I come with a lot of flaws and faults. I do bad things. I say wrong things. But one thing I pride myself on is that I try hard to be a good and kind and compassionate human being. I utterly failed on that in every respect on this.
Then there's a post with a picture of her poor children accompanied by a Ta-Nehisi Coates quote about parenting.

Then there's a length account of her recent self-administered enema.

Enjoy!

https://web.archive.org/web/20150811140 ... anders.com

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
To me, Adam Lee's article perfectly illustrates the insular nature of much of the American SJW scene. [...]
The reason why SJWs like Lee, Myers and CJ Werleman get some grief from us is due to their own Kaffir-Latte anti-atheist efforts that provide indirect aid and support to those same fundamentalists.

Most women or minorities in atheism recognized this. People like Aayan Hirsi Ali or Jamila Bey rose to significant heights in the "movement" and were highly respected. Ex-Muslims were welcomed and appreciated. Equality feminists and people arguing for LGBT rights were always a part of the atheism movement. [...]
American SJs keep whining that there aren't enough blacks in atheist activism; ergo atheist activism must be racist & exclusionary.

But blacks = 13% of the US population, and ~= 80-85% of blacks are regular church-goers. So there's at most 6 million non-church-going adult blacks (not even necessarily atheist/agnostic) in the US, out of 245 million adults. It's highly probable that blacks are actually over-represented in US atheist activism.

Given that women are far more religious than men, the same probably holds true for women.

QE f'ing D.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Guest wrote:

Elyse Wojnowski-Anders:
Felony charges?
What Is a Felony?
In criminal law, a felony is a category of crimes that are often classified as the most serious types of offenses. The main characteristic of a felony is that being found guilty of a felony will result in incarceration for at least one year. Also, the imprisonment will be served in a prison facility rather than a county or local jail establishment. Criminal fines may also be imposed for felony charges, often in the amounts of thousands of dollars.

Under traditional common law, felonies were called “true crimes,” and usually included serious offenses like: homicide, rape, arson, burglary, robbery, larceny, escaping from a prison, and assisting in a felony. Current, state and federal criminal statutes may categorize various other types of crimes as felonies.
What the fuck has she done? :shock:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Really? wrote: Then there's a length account of her recent self-administered enema.
https://web.archive.org/web/20150811140 ... anders.com
First, let me start with a huge apology. I wanted to make this a live-blogging session so you could really get a live in-the-moment experience with me. But I don't know if Squarespace offers any kind of live-blogging plugins or whatever and I was really wanting to get this thing out of the way and I wasn't feeling exceptionally motivated to start searching for and then installing shit that I might not be able to master while I have a bottle up my butt. So, you're just going to have to bear with me while I recount my experience with my enema this afternoon.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Guest wrote:

Elyse Wojnowski-Anders:
Felony charges?

[youtube]wlbV-NPT56s[/youtube]

Post by guest »

Link:
facebook com/ElyseMofoAnders/posts/10153536402114104

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Guest wrote:

Elyse Wojnowski-Anders:
Felony charges?
What Is a Felony?
In criminal law, a felony is a category of crimes that are often classified as the most serious types of offenses. The main characteristic of a felony is that being found guilty of a felony will result in incarceration for at least one year. Also, the imprisonment will be served in a prison facility rather than a county or local jail establishment. Criminal fines may also be imposed for felony charges, often in the amounts of thousands of dollars.

Under traditional common law, felonies were called “true crimes,” and usually included serious offenses like: homicide, rape, arson, burglary, robbery, larceny, escaping from a prison, and assisting in a felony. Current, state and federal criminal statutes may categorize various other types of crimes as felonies.
IANAL but drunk driving can be a felony in Michigan on a third offense. I don't know what the laws are like in other states, but it wouldn't surprise me if she was drunk and "needed to drive somewhere" because of anxiety. It also wouldn't surprise me if she flipped out on someone and got assault and battery for slapping them or some such. Drunk and disorderly can become assault and battery really quickly depending on the way you are disorderly, and how you respond to officers who are trying to deal with you. I've seen this happen with a family member of mine who has a drug problem. He managed to plead it down, and got off with probation and community service.

Just a couple possibilities that don't seem too outlandish. I have no actual insight into what happened, or whether Guest's report can be verified, of course.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Guest wrote:All I said was that aGG's tactic of ignoring it is probably the winning tactic.
Oddly enough, a lot of other words appeared in your posts, many of which lined up in such a way as to make claims that go way beyond the above. Either the Guest account gizmo is broken or your iPhone's auto-correct is acting up.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Simple possession of heroin is also often a felony.

:banana-stoner:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

guest wrote:Link:
Nothing - page does not exist (and yes, I did put the dot in). If it was there, she either sobered up enough to delete it, or has set it to private.

I have to say, it does seem very...Elyse.

Billie from Ockham

Guest wrote:I certainly didn't say that and don't understand why you read that into what I wrote.
Are you really claiming to know all of the stupid things that have been posted by Guest? In any case, you're wrong; you have said that.

Charles MacGruder

Post by Charles MacGruder »

guest wrote:Link:

Sorry, this content isn't available at the moment
The link you followed may have expired, or the Page may only be visible to an audience that you aren't in.

Charles MacGruder

Post by Charles MacGruder »

Elyse claims to also now have disassociative identity disorder, as well as her GAD, PTSD + OCD.

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

Guest wrote:
But the journalists there, and I love them all, aren't the journalists that matter.

Will it be covered by the networks?
NYTimes, Wapo
Will it be covered by Kos Media (vox.com)?
Guardian
Slate (*)
Salon
HuffPo
WIRED
Kos, Guardian, Slate, Salon and Huffington post do not employ journalists that matter. And WIRED is a niche publication that the general public doesn't pay attention to unless one of the big outlets report on their articles.

x_?_x

Post by x_?_x »

Charles MacGruder wrote:Elyse claims to also now have disassociative identity disorder, as well as her GAD, PTSD + OCD.
She's a special snowflake, even in being stark raving mad.

Is it wrong to hope they euthanize this ... creature, in the hopes of dissecting its brain and studying what may have gone wrong? Nothing is lost, and the scientific gains could help thousands!

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

I did find this...

Billie from Ockham

Kirbmarc wrote:Adam Lee's article is terribly wrong about one point, namely that the atheism movement had ever been "unwelcoming" to minorities. It never was. The "big tent" for secularist causes that the SJWs hate so much was pretty much welcoming to everyone, and no "big name" in atheism was ever against LGBT rights or against women's rights or argued for racism.
Yep. Adam Lee and his ilk do not even argue for identity politics (over individualism); they assume it, as if every black person who gets involved in public atheism wears a "black lives matter" t-shirt and every woman carries a "male tears" coffee-mug. Therefore, when these people are rejected for their views and their attempts to link atheism with radical and unwarranted political causes, Adam Lee et al. take this as rejection of all blacks and women. And they [Adam Lee et al.] ignore that most dictionary atheists and skeptics are just as disdainful towards white supremacists and radical MRAs as they are towards "privilege"-spouters and pomo feminists, but then don't take this as evidence that so-called "organized atheism" is unwelcoming to whites and men, even though that uses the exact same logic.

As to "what's next?" ... besides continuing the fight for secularism in the West and expanding this outwards, the never-ending fight for the individual would be high on my list. And because I can argue that religion has always been a huge threat to the individual, I'm on at least as firm ground as the Atheism+ people in linking this to atheism.

Billie from Ockham

Shatterface wrote:
A redundant adjective creates a pleonasm, not a tautology.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Charles MacGruder wrote:Elyse claims to also now have disassociative identity disorder, as well as her GAD, PTSD + OCD.
How convenient. So nothing is ever her fault.

Really?

Post by Really? »

fuzzy wrote:I did find this...
Wow...TWO felonies.

If her friends loved her at all, they would have locked her in a basement for a week so she might get a little perspective.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

x_?_x wrote:
She's a special snowflake, even in being stark raving mad.

Is it wrong to hope they euthanize this ... creature, in the hopes of dissecting its brain and studying what may have gone wrong? Nothing is lost, and the scientific gains could help thousands!
The self-serving and self-obsessed areas of the brainn will be HUGE.
I wonder if she has beaten her cuck.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
A redundant adjective creates a pleonasm, not a tautology.
You learn something new every day.
Pedant still keeps it's meaning though?