Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

My Tunisian friends from Myrath have released their new clip:

[youtube]uM1d7C8aOWk[/youtube]

I'm going to go see them live in Marseilles next month :p

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I don't care if someone mines the Pit for content provided it serves the larger Pit goals of getting the word out about dumb SJWs doing dumb stuff and why you should point and laugh.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Creativity73 wrote:
John D wrote:Iran says they have NO gays..... my fucking edit button isn't working today.
Iran may say they have no gays but the rest of the world says this is not true. Oddly though the rest of the world's statisticians do agree that there is a low level of crime in Saudi Arabia but that recent unemployment and economic problems have increased the level of crime. The world's statisticians also confirm the low level of violent crime in Cuba. They do this regardless of whether they like the country or like their government. And I find myself convinced rather than favouring conspiracy theory on this.
OF COURSE if you live in a shithole where they execute people for stealing a loaf of bread the people will be less inclined to do it. Your point is?

Though it is interesting (not really) that all the murders of Saudi Barbaria's citizens for imaginary crimes like 'not being gullible' and 'not fancying women' never show up on these stats.

welch

Post by welch »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
Creativity73 wrote:
John D wrote:Iran says they have NO gays..... my fucking edit button isn't working today.
Iran may say they have no gays but the rest of the world says this is not true. Oddly though the rest of the world's statisticians do agree that there is a low level of crime in Saudi Arabia but that recent unemployment and economic problems have increased the level of crime. The world's statisticians also confirm the low level of violent crime in Cuba. They do this regardless of whether they like the country or like their government. And I find myself convinced rather than favouring conspiracy theory on this.
OF COURSE if you live in a shithole where they execute people for stealing a loaf of bread the people will be less inclined to do it. Your point is?

Though it is interesting (not really) that all the murders of Saudi Barbaria's citizens for imaginary crimes like 'not being gullible' and 'not fancying women' never show up on these stats.
Funny that. Apostates are executed in saudi, it is considered a crime, and yet our sharia fan seems to ignore the vast class of religious crimes that do not exist in the western world.

John D

Post by John D »

welch wrote:
Søren Lilholt wrote:
Creativity73 wrote: Iran may say they have no gays but the rest of the world says this is not true. Oddly though the rest of the world's statisticians do agree that there is a low level of crime in Saudi Arabia but that recent unemployment and economic problems have increased the level of crime. The world's statisticians also confirm the low level of violent crime in Cuba. They do this regardless of whether they like the country or like their government. And I find myself convinced rather than favouring conspiracy theory on this.

Funny that. Apostates are executed in saudi, it is considered a crime, and yet our sharia fan seems to ignore the vast class of religious crimes that do not exist in the western world.
There are several sections in the Koran that state that Muslims can be civil with non-Muslims as long as the non-Muslims respect their property, land, etc. This is why it is worse to be born Muslim and leave the faith than it is to never be in the faith. The Koran also says that Allah chooses who will be born a Muslim and who will not.... and that this is up to Allah. In this sense, Muslims are not required to convert non-Muslims.

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

I don't recall Sargon pledging to join the pit and outdo welch in number of posts. I thought he said

I do remember a lot of fangirling here over Sargon and Louise Mensch joining and thinking well, they know how to handle themselves, but I am hopeful those two spend their time where it's most effective, which for *them* would not be spending much of it at the pit.

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

youtu.be/TKzt8Da1Uco?t=2573

hey slymepit you guys look awesome

youtu.be/TKzt8Da1Uco?t=2589

oh come on, why didn't nobody send me this? I could've promoted this

how've I just discovered this?

youtu.be/TKzt8Da1Uco?t=2609

okay, I'm not going to spend days on here, although I might register, you guys are clearly doing something really awesome here. I'm just going to skim for a bit in my own leisure later on.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Guest_0048cc29 wrote:I don't recall Sargon pledging to join the pit and outdo welch in number of posts. I thought he said

I do remember a lot of fangirling here over Sargon and Louise Mensch joining and thinking well, they know how to handle themselves, but I am hopeful those two spend their time where it's most effective, which for *them* would not be spending much of it at the pit.
[youtube]tVJC0LJTYZc[/youtube]

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I snorklaughed.

John D

Post by John D »

Meanwhile... some pictures of my favorite tank from WWII... the Sherman.

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/milita ... tures.html

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Feminists in the USA who can obsess about 'male power' in elevators, and conservative commenters who worry about female oppression in Saudi Arabia, but neither has anything to say about this:

"The most commonly used model of defining abuse, the Duluth Model, is very specific that it is men who are the abusers. They make it a point not to create a gender neutral standard for defining abuse, because their primary focus is on who benefits from the way abuse is defined (emphasis mine):

Making the Power and Control Wheel gender neutral would hide the power imbalances in relationships between men and women that reflect power imbalances in society. By naming the power differences, we can more clearly provide advocacy and support for victims, accountability and opportunities for change for offenders, and system and societal changes that end violence against women.

Their fundamental goal is to effect feminist change, not to stop violence or controlling behavior in general :

…change societal conditions that support men’s use of tactics of power and control over women."

..."The domestic violence industry has created a paradigm where women can physically block, shove, and even hit their partners and still not be considered the abusers. Web MD warns men to make sure they don’t end up in a room with only one exit when their wife gets in a mood, because it is very common for wives to physically block their husbands in a room and then cry domestic assault if the husband tries to escape. From the WebMD article Help for Battered Men:

“Never allow yourself to be provoked into any kind of retaliation,” says Brown. “We tell men if they have to be in an argument, do it in a room with two doors so they can leave; a lot of times a woman will block the door, the man will try to move her, and that will be enough for him to get arrested.”

Understand that if a husband were to physically trap his wife in a room, this would make him the abuser, even if she tried to escape. Turn the sexes around, and the man is still the abuser."

Finally, how fucking ironic: "The problem is, stopping women from being assaulted isn’t the primary objective of the DV industry, and taking away the power for women to assault their partners would take a tool away from women to control their relationships. The issue is, after all, not about violence, but about power and control."

https://dalrock.wordpress.com/2016/02/0 ... he-abuser/

And the NFL is a bunch of cucks who have bent over backwards to this narrative in every way, shape, and form. Disgusting.

I'm going to give a shit about women abused in Saudi Arabia when people start giving a shit about men abused in the USA and I'll care about Sharia's affects on foreign women when we get rid of the sexist laws here in the USA.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Sunder wrote:I don't care if someone mines the Pit for content provided it serves the larger Pit goals of getting the word out about dumb SJWs doing dumb stuff and why you should point and laugh.
Except when you think about it, it's not funny.

I have just been sitting here having a think. I got on the internet about 25 years ago when it was new and immediately started using boards, forums and chat rooms to meet up with other skeptics, and go out and counter the bullshit of people who were trying to use this new medium to recruit people to their ideologies or to scam money out of people or both. The fact that many early adopters such as neoNazis, Gaveyists, scientologists, wiccans, pollyannas and free energy scammers are practically unheard of now shows we probably did some good.
I went after peddlers of creams and crystals, zionist revisionists, climate changer deniers, we even poured over the evidence that Iraq had WMDs.

And then in America, the religious right happened. We all went after the fundamentalists and the creationists, there were a whole bunch of new American internet celebrities who found fame and before you knew it we were the "Atheist Community".

Now we are in a battle to see is feminists and maxists will take over the atheist community... How did it come to this?

Oh well, I remember when Scientology and Creationists seems almost unstoppable, and we beat them. I am sure one day we will look back on all this and laugh.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

John D wrote:Meanwhile... some pictures of my favorite tank from WWII... the Sherman.

I am pretty sure one of those Shermans isn't a Sherman. It's an M10.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

About crime in Saudi Arabia: Corrupt regimes tend to have large scale criminal activities committed by the powerful that never enters crime statistics. People doing business there may find significant amounts of missing inventory go missing that is hushed up because it is known that well connected people are responsible for it. While Saddam was in power in Iraq, the biggest gangsters in the country were his friends and family. The same for the Assad family in Syria.
Although now illegal, slavery is widespread in Saudi and the Gulf States but is seldom if ever prosecuted because the victims are underclass and/or foreigners.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Creativity73 wrote:Is Saudi Arabia a crime ridden society? Is this because of Sharia Law? Does Sharia Law increase or decrease levels of crimes such as mugging, burglary, theft, attacks in the street, etc? I have been thoroughly told off here for the suggestion that in fact a highly punative system would likely reduce crime stats. The implication then is that it either makes little difference or it incresaes the chance of crime. Is that really the view of those who have argued with me here? Seems strange. Maybe it's a case of just wanting to disagree for the sake of disagreeing.
It is difficult to continue stealing if you have no hands or are dead.

Creativity73

Post by Creativity73 »

welch wrote:
Creativity73 wrote:Is Saudi Arabia a crime ridden society? Is this because of Sharia Law? Does Sharia Law increase or decrease levels of crimes such as mugging, burglary, theft, attacks in the street, etc? I have been thoroughly told off here for the suggestion that in fact a highly punative system would likely reduce crime stats. The implication then is that it either makes little difference or it incresaes the chance of crime. Is that really the view of those who have argued with me here? Seems strange. Maybe it's a case of just wanting to disagree for the sake of disagreeing.
Or it's that you're comparing two things that have only the vaguest of relationships and attempting to use that to show one is better.
Comparing today's western society that is presumably going to be an Islamic society with present Sharia states and speculating what the crime rate will look like here when the Muslim majority presumably introduce Sharia over here. Is that a bit clearer? I am trying to make it easy to understand. I don't like Sharia - please at least read that correctly!

Creativity73

Post by Creativity73 »

deLurch wrote:
So you agree with me? It would reduce the crime rate? Great because Phil Giodana's beef with me was that he thought it was ridiculous to suggest Saudi has a comparatively very low crime rate and that all the foreign embassies lie when they say it does.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Creativity73 wrote:
welch wrote:
Or it's that you're comparing two things that have only the vaguest of relationships and attempting to use that to show one is better.
Comparing today's western society that is presumably going to be an Islamic society with present Sharia states and speculating what the crime rate will look like here when the Muslim majority presumably introduce Sharia over here. Is that a bit clearer? I am trying to make it easy to understand. I don't like Sharia - please at least read that correctly!
I understand what you're saying, but I doubt we can actually ever know. Crime statistics can be more subjective than not, and only if you had a similar reporting system could you even begin to accurately compare numbers. Many Sharia offences are dealt with by families that would be reported as misdemeanors in a democratic criminal justice system. Add the fact that Sharia courts often have poor or no reporting, do not have the same laws or even concept of justice as a democratic society, you're just at an aplles and oranges situation.

Draconian laws do tend to keep crime down, IIRC, but I doubt even the most conservative among us would accept the inevitable human rights abuses that come with such a system.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

John D wrote:Meanwhile... some pictures of my favorite tank from WWII... the Sherman.

Let's not start that again....

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Creativity73 wrote: So you agree with me? It would reduce the crime rate? Great because Phil Giodana's beef with me was that he thought it was ridiculous to suggest Saudi has a comparatively very low crime rate and that all the foreign embassies lie when they say it does.

I don't agree with you because there is no proof.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... criminals/
[T]he question of whether executions discourage criminals from violent acts is not up to the conscience to decide. Despite extensive research on the question, criminologists have been unable to assemble a strong case that capital punishment deters crime.

"We're very hard pressed to find really strong evidence of deterrence," said Columbia Law School's Jeffrey Fagan.
I mean Saudi Arabia doesn't have people being sent to prison for rape because they don't have rape laws.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Creativity73 wrote:
deLurch wrote:
So you agree with me? It would reduce the crime rate? Great because Phil Giodana's beef with me was that he thought it was ridiculous to suggest Saudi has a comparatively very low crime rate and that all the foreign embassies lie when they say it does.
I don't know.

If the punishment is the severing of one's hands for theft, I would expect a lot recidivism rate for those who have already been caught.

But how effective are they in catching the guilty, and not punishing the innocent? What if the shop owners, or those seeing someone stealing, are more reluctant to report it as they deem the punishment way to harsh?

If you are starving, then risking amputation or death certainly isn't any worse than dying of starvation.

What if it just knocks out the low level thieves leaving more highly organized criminals who can protect themselves from punishment? What if setting up an accusation of theft becomes a new and profitable form of extortion and crime?

You catch me stealing, I accuse you of damaging a koran.

The correct answer for me, is that I don't know until I do further research.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

The crime-rate among German Jews was quite low in 1945....

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Where is the SoA livestream?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Creativity73 wrote:
deLurch wrote:

Foreign affairs ministries of other countries have stated that there is a low rate of crime in Saudi Arabia.[1][2][3] However according to criminology researcher Dr. Ali Wardak, ranking societies on the basis of official crime rates may be problematic, as in Saudi Arabia criminal complaints are resolved outside formal judicial institutions and as a consequence remain undocumented by the police.[7]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Saudi_Arabia

A crime isn't a crime until it's logged by the police. The idea that theft is extremely rare thanks to the hand chopping therapy is widely believed but not necessarily true.
Drug use is against sharia but the world's highest rate of heroin addiction is in Iran.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

VickyCaramel wrote:

I am pretty sure one of those Shermans isn't a Sherman. It's an M10.
FFS, nobody argue with Vivky about tanks - you'll come of worse than a Matilda against a squadron of T-34s!

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Billie from Ockham wrote:The crime-rate among German Jews was quite low in 1945....
Are you sure? A starving population. Hell, even in the camps, the Jew on Jew crime might have been high in trying to get meager resources.

CaptainFluffyBunny

deLurch wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:The crime-rate among German Jews was quite low in 1945....
Are you sure? A starving population. Hell, even in the camps, the Jew on Jew crime might have been high in trying to get meager resources.
"Jew on Jew crime" completely cracks me up.

John D

Post by John D »

DW Adams wrote:Where is the SoA livestream?
https://www.patreon.com/sargon?ty=h

So far this is the worst livestream I have ever listened to.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Spike13 wrote:

No, let's. Is Fury worth a watch? The tank movie from 2014, not Fury Road.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

comhcinc wrote:
Oglebart wrote:
Where did he say that he was going to "join the community" ? His first sentence in his post says that he wants to do a livestream, doesn't seem dishonest to me. Are there some other posts? Or twitter maybe? I don't use that so...

In the livestream he did about PZ. People reached out to him to get him hooked up with the glorious leader. He signed up and four days later he posted his thread about the livestream.

I just don't like the way he approached it. I understand my opinion is unpopular. I think I should be given some ehugs for being nice aboot it and updating the main thread when he finally updated his thread.

Give me hugs dammit! :lol:
Want a reach round with my hug? Just askin', don't go all special needs on me!!!!!!

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Spike13 wrote:

No, let's. Is Fury worth a watch? The tank movie from 2014, not Fury Road.

Yes. It's an awesome movie. Cool action and uses the only surviving Tiger I.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

JackSkeptic wrote:
Want a reach round with my hug? Just askin', don't go all special needs on me!!!!!!

Hugs don't automatically involve reach arounds? Then why da fuck does anyone want hugs? :think:

welch

Post by welch »

Creativity73 wrote:
welch wrote:
Given that your posts are utter nonsense, be glad no one is thinking it means you fuck seals.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

DW Adams wrote:Where is the SoA livestream?
Didn't you hear? It's being hosted at FTBCon4 - they'd been interested in increasing diversity of opinion, reaching a broader audience.

John D

Post by John D »

Sargon kinda sucks... IMHO.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

welch wrote: Given that your posts are utter nonsense, be glad no one is thinking it means you fuck seals.

Wait it doesn't mean that?

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

When do folks start to call Skepchicks transphobic for this gender binary tweet!!!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

As far as bunnys god - which is better Wagons or Honeys ?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

welch wrote:
Given that your posts are utter nonsense, be glad no one is thinking it means you fuck seals.
Er...about that...

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Am I going mad or is one of our new arrivals advocating for Sharia?

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

[youtube]zSi-yCV-gQ4[/youtube]

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Pitchguest wrote:Am I going mad or is one of our new arrivals advocating for Sharia?

Well it reduces the crime dontcha know.

Sadly I could not find a good gif to go with that.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

comhcinc wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:Am I going mad or is one of our new arrivals advocating for Sharia?

The King is dead.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Creativity73

Post by Creativity73 »

You are going mad. The argument was about crime statistics and whether they were going to keep going up in the future in the west. *Sigh* this reminds me of how the SJWs just jump to the conclusion people like Richard Dawkins or Sargon or Thunderf00t are advocating violence against women. I simply postulated that regretably the future for the west looks like the Muslims will take over. So now you all have decided that I am a Muslim. Also because I suggested that cutting off people's hands for theft probably meant they have a lower crime level. People may be trolling me but look as if they interpret that that I actually WANT that to happen. Are you guys for real?

Go on tell me how I love Sharia again. :clap:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I simply postulated that regretably the future for the west looks like the Muslims will take over.
In your dreams, mate.

Creativity73

Post by Creativity73 »

Send three and four pence. We're going to a dance.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

dog puke wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

The King is dead.

I've already got my crown back.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/489552 ... king-o.gif

Keating

Post by Keating »

President Trump will build a wall and use a trebuchet to fling Muslims over. For any that are left, Steersman will convince them all to pee on the Koran, and that'll solve the problem.

Creativity73

Post by Creativity73 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
I simply postulated that regretably the future for the west looks like the Muslims will take over.
In your dreams, mate.
Maths - a declining population that continues to dwindle ends up extinct. A population with a higher birth rate replaces them. I am a mother of seven who is trying to hold that back. It doesn't help when people just bury their heads in the sand and ignore basic maths. I notice you never explain your reasoning for your criticisms - just misunderstand and insult. I am glad you don't like me though.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

comhcinc wrote:For those that care Sargon has posted in his thread that his little money making thing is still on.
Why do you hate America?

Keating

Post by Keating »

I woke up early for the live stream. I'm going to spend the day kinda sleep walking as a result.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

KiwiInOz wrote:
comhcinc wrote:For those that care Sargon has posted in his thread that his little money making thing is still on.
Why do you hate America?

......the......jews?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Creativity73 wrote:I am a mother of seven
O_o

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Creativity73 wrote:Maths - a declining population that continues to dwindle ends up extinct.
And folks who extrapolate into unknown territory are often wrong. So, please tell me about a previous society in which the majority had a lower birth-rate than one or more of the minorities; I'd like to know what happened.

welch

Post by welch »

comhcinc wrote:
welch wrote: Given that your posts are utter nonsense, be glad no one is thinking it means you fuck seals.

Wait it doesn't mean that?
I'm not ruling it out as a possibility.

welch

Post by welch »

Creativity73 wrote:
You are going mad. The argument was about crime statistics and whether they were going to keep going up in the future in the west. *Sigh* this reminds me of how the SJWs just jump to the conclusion people like Richard Dawkins or Sargon or Thunderf00t are advocating violence against women. I simply postulated that regretably the future for the west looks like the Muslims will take over. So now you all have decided that I am a Muslim. Also because I suggested that cutting off people's hands for theft probably meant they have a lower crime level. People may be trolling me but look as if they interpret that that I actually WANT that to happen. Are you guys for real?

Go on tell me how I love Sharia again. :clap:
No, it doesn't mean they have a lower crime level. In the US, many states execute people for murder. Yet none of those states has an amazingly lower murder rate than the states that do not. You buy in to cherry-picked numbers and apply them to a doomsday scenario without the slightest bit of logic or supporting data beyond what the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia wants you to think.

I bet you consider yourself a skeptic, don't you.

SM12

Post by SM12 »

comhcinc wrote:

And the trains run on time.

welch

Post by welch »

Creativity73 wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
In your dreams, mate.
Maths - a declining population that continues to dwindle ends up extinct. A population with a higher birth rate replaces them. I am a mother of seven who is trying to hold that back. It doesn't help when people just bury their heads in the sand and ignore basic maths. I notice you never explain your reasoning for your criticisms - just misunderstand and insult. I am glad you don't like me though.
"I am a mother of seven, so I'm right"

good job.