The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
comhcinc

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
And if anyone one else wants to see tits on Saturday speak up and be apart of the Slymepit video talk. Let me know people!
How about a teaser or trailer?
[youtube]8C4lK41SX-Q[/youtube]

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

deLurch wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Bullshit. If the original had been an all-female cast (special categories such as Trans* included) and had the same genius scenario and humor, it would have been a success. This new version stinks, if only because the cast seems forced. I go see movies for fun, not for political crap.

(And the actresses are seemingly good SNL performers, so that could be a redeeming quality)
I think you are over politicizing it. Creators have been re-imagining characters since the dawn of time. Sometimes they do it just for the extra attention they get. Other times they do it just because it is fun to reinvent. Female Starbuck worked. All the hub-bub recently is absurd.

Let's wait and hear the audience reviews.
I'm with Phil. If they'd gender-swapped one or two members of the main cast I'd say it's a valid trick to shake things up (though in 2016, it's a trick that's increasingly getting played out). Swapping the entire cast? That would have been gimmicky 30 years ago. It reeks of political agenda.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

jet_lagg wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Bullshit. If the original had been an all-female cast (special categories such as Trans* included) and had the same genius scenario and humor, it would have been a success. This new version stinks, if only because the cast seems forced. I go see movies for fun, not for political crap.

(And the actresses are seemingly good SNL performers, so that could be a redeeming quality)
I think you are over politicizing it. Creators have been re-imagining characters since the dawn of time. Sometimes they do it just for the extra attention they get. Other times they do it just because it is fun to reinvent. Female Starbuck worked. All the hub-bub recently is absurd.

Let's wait and hear the audience reviews.
I'm with Phil. If they'd gender-swapped one or two members of the main cast I'd say it's a valid trick to shake things up (though in 2016, it's a trick that's increasingly getting played out). Swapping the entire cast? That would have been gimmicky 30 years ago. It reeks of political agenda.
Even if it isn't, it's being frame that way by the feminist first crowd.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

PZ Myers writes:
Aheist Alliance International carried out a census, and discovered that their members 73% men…and most remarkably, they thought that was a problem! So instead of making excuses about how this was simply the natural order of things, they’ve released a report with recommendations for improving the gender balance.

I just read it — it’s short, just 9 pages — and I can tell that a few people are going to be furious. Yay!
Michael Nugent replies:
Atheist Ireland is pleased to have been instrumental in instigating this project. We already have a policy of seeking gender balance in our activities. In 2013 we hosted a very successful International Conference on Empowering Women through Secularism.

:mrgreen:

welch

Post by welch »

Cnutella wrote:Apparently Jenny McDerpmott found the link to what she thought was Mykeru's Okcupid profile on the Slymepit.

Jenny McDermott was here, going through our shit. Anyone else feel totally creeped out?

http://i.imgur.com/TIdTzhm.png

https://kiwifar.ms/threads/jenny-mcderm ... 8/page-178
Incidentally, one of the farmers on that thread described the Pit as:
That's that Gamergate group thing I think that Sargon of Akkad and others are involved with.
Thank god Sargon did that Google Hangout thing. Look at how it elevated the pit to being a GamerGate site!

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Cnutella wrote:Apparently Jenny McDerpmott found the link to what she thought was Mykeru's Okcupid profile on the Slymepit.

Jenny McDermott was here, going through our shit. Anyone else feel totally creeped out?
It's from a post from the FT himself:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=379&start=13125#p166915

The only connection to Mykeru is that it's in the 'Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss' thread, which Jenny McDerp took to mean that everything in the thread is about Mykeru and didn't even bother to read the post which she based her accusation on.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Of course, Bewildered Ape knows he and his puppet are just shit stirring. He thinks it'll anger and embarrass the enemies he's targeting, and if legal issues arise, there's the she-be-crazy card. Whether the puppet is in on it is a matter for conjecture.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

comhcinc wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Nope just a smug asshole with google.
Wrong.
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Andrew uses Bing...
Ahh well if you can stand it those points are pretty neat.

Sorry Andrew, I guess you are just a smug asshole. I stand corrected.
Whatever man. Fuck (Die Antwoord)

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

jugheadnaut wrote:

The only connection to Mykeru is that it's in the 'Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss' thread, which Jenny McDerp took to mean that everything in the thread is about Mykeru and didn't even bother to read the post which she based her accusation on.

You nailed it. She threatened to dox Mykeru a few days before, and I guess was the combined detective work of her and her lisping transchimp paramour, Bewildered Ape.
I sort of oscillate between thinking that they are and are not as stupid as they pretend to be, good drama though/ :drool:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

What is an "Antwoord"?

Outed1TimeAsGrey!

Post by Outed1TimeAsGrey! »

comhcinc wrote:Mark you calendar folks. July 18,2016 this will be the new proof that everyone hates women.

[youtube]w3ugHP-yZXw[/youtube]

2nd from left is Milo Yannopilous ?

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

welch wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/TIdTzhm.png

https://kiwifar.ms/threads/jenny-mcderm ... 8/page-178
Incidentally, one of the farmers on that thread described the Pit as:
That's that Gamergate group thing I think that Sargon of Akkad and others are involved with.
Thank god Sargon did that Google Hangout thing. Look at how it elevated the pit to being a GamerGate site!
McDerp et al, and alendrel (who hinted that he could get the skinny on the situation from Zin Jones and Sarah Butts - who knows how well he/she/it knows them?) brought up the name of the Slyme Pit, and in general I find that their ilk do everything they can to conflate Slyme Pit, #GamerGate, 4chan, 8chan, Baphomet and KiwiFarms. As with all religions, one day all of these legends will merge into a single demon called the patriarchy.

It doesn't really matter if KiwiFarms have the wrong idea of the Slymepit, they are only interested in drama whores... and as Mykeru has already left, that just leaves me.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

comhcinc wrote:What is an "Antwoord"?
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/qyGIMvHY1WA/maxresdefault.jpg

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

So another word for a Mary Sue. Gotcha.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

We've gone too far from the source meaning of the term and I have no idea what we're talking about anymore :p

Anyway, Die Antwoord is a South African hip hop group. The woman pictured is half the duo, Yolandi Visser. They work better as performance art than music if you ask me.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Watch this video (2:25 mins total) and all your questions will be answered:

[youtube]Q77YBmtd2Rw[/youtube]

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Women experience everyday sexism all the time. You are just unware of it, because as nerdy, decent, or shy folks you have no idea how bad it really is. Ask women you trust and close to you: they know about groping and worse situations, and they might tell you. The younger (the prettier) they are, the more sexual harassment they experienced, especially around drunk men. The older they are, they tell you about being not taken seriously.

There is also research. Boys, for some reason, feel competition and role models inspire them to try harder. Girls, however, feel discouraged. Take this as an erisian incentive for introspection and thought, and fuck the SJWs and their postmodernist bullshit.

free thoughtpolice

Aneris wrote:Women experience everyday sexism all the time. You are just unware of it, because as nerdy, decent, or shy folks you have no idea how bad it really is. Ask women you trust and close to you: they know about groping and worse situations, and they might tell you. The younger (the prettier) they are, the more sexual harassment they experienced, especially around drunk men. The older they are, they tell you about being not taken seriously.

There is also research. Boys, for some reason, feel competition and role models inspire them to try harder. Girls, however, feel discouraged. Take this as an erisian incentive for introspection and thought, and fuck the SJWs and their postmodernist bullshit.
Was that a response to someone? Maybe some backchannel stuff only the coolkids get to read?

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Brive1987 wrote:Aneris / German speakers.

In German does Weltkreig have any deeper meaning than boring old "world War". Somehow I don't think it meant in 1914 what we might think it meant in 2016.

Im calling bullshit on the idea of a global war of competing international nation states (and their agendas) being a conscious thing before the 1930s.

I am happy to add the pit to my bibliography :lol:

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weltkrieg
In my perception, its merely the name for the thing. For Germans it was simply the war against other European nations, and in fact just another war. Other places played little to no role role in the German perception. In fact, at the time, the perception was that nations or realms were at war all the time, and Germans were often on the short end of the stick, thanks to German/Holy Empire local patriotism. The centralised powers were France, Britain, and Russia and others who already divided the world among each other. They were quite annoyed when Ze Germans became a force in central Europe. From that view, things look somewhat less clear cut.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Since there are apparently a few people in the Pit who have no idea who Die Antwoord is at this point ... they claim to be Zef, speak Afrikaans and their lyrics are reported to be extremely offensive (which I would not know seeing as I do not speak Afrikaans myself but willing to believe from the English part of the lyrics).
jet_lagg wrote: Anyway, Die Antwoord is a South African hip hop group. The woman pictured is half the duo, Yolandi Visser. They work better as performance art than music if you ask me.
Not too sure about the hip hop part but otherwise yep.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

John D wrote:Ashley Graham - New Sports Illustrated plus-size model. I am 100% in love.... discuss.
8_28_AshleyGraham_2_grande.jpg
Ashley-Graham-february-2015-INSTAGRAM-BLOG.jpg
After careful consideration, I have come to the conclusion I would not kick her out of bed.

John D

Post by John D »

AndrewV69 wrote:Since there are apparently a few people in the Pit who have no idea who Die Antwoord is at this point ... they claim to be Zef, speak Afrikaans and their lyrics are reported to be extremely offensive (which I would not know seeing as I do not speak Afrikaans myself but willing to believe from the English part of the lyrics).
jet_lagg wrote: Anyway, Die Antwoord is a South African hip hop group. The woman pictured is half the duo, Yolandi Visser. They work better as performance art than music if you ask me.
Not too sure about the hip hop part but otherwise yep.

Holy Fuck... I love these guys.
[youtube]uMK0prafzw0[/youtube]

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Aneris wrote:Women experience everyday sexism all the time. You are just unware of it, because as nerdy, decent, or shy folks you have no idea how bad it really is. Ask women you trust and close to you: they know about groping and worse situations, and they might tell you. The younger (the prettier) they are, the more sexual harassment they experienced, especially around drunk men. The older they are, they tell you about being not taken seriously.

A bit tipsy tonight, and I thought you were being satirical for a moment.

I've no doubt women experience sexism all the time. I've seen it. I've heard of it from women I trust. There's a reason why I took the claims of people like Carrier at face value when I first heard them. Introspection is a virtue, yes. Sign me up. But the SJWs have changed the landscape. They've forced us to be more extreme to counter their own radical viewpoints. They've exaggerated the valid complaints of the "oppressed" and dismissed the valid complaints of the "privileged". They've created this divisive environment, and while I dream of a world were reconciliation and common ground is the norm, for now I'm happy to laugh as the fools who created this inferno are caught in the flame.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Idaho law only recognises males as capable of commiting Statuatory Rape:

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/re ... e-laws.htm

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I know how Die Antwoord is. Fuck I have been to strip clubs.

If you are listening to them outside of strip clubs there is something wrong with you.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Was that a response to someone? Maybe some backchannel stuff only the coolkids get to read?
Don't worry, I have backchannel access and all they do is laugh at the Steersman sock they use to drive traffic, write poems about Becky Watson, and swap photos of comhcinc with hotdogs between his moobs.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Don't worry, I have backchannel access and all they do is laugh at the Steersman sock they use to drive traffic, write poems about Becky Watson, and swap photos of comhcinc with hotdogs between his moobs.

And now you can too by joining the live chat on Saturday.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Something anterters say.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

comhcinc wrote:I know how Die Antwoord is. Fuck I have been to strip clubs.

If you are listening to them outside of strip clubs there is something wrong with you.
So what you are saying is I have to go to a strip club to listen to this band so I get the reference?

You are a monster, but okay, I'll go. I don't want to feel left out.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Shatterface wrote:

So what you are saying is I have to go to a strip club to listen to this band so I get the reference?

You are a monster, but okay, I'll go. I don't want to feel left out.

Don't feel bad. I am going tomorrow night myself. It's been too far since I have been close to a titty or a woman who is only kinda interested in me for any reason.

free thoughtpolice

Pay no attention to the Moon Glamper glasses. This is a chill girl, and I'm willing to give favorable odds that she would do great damage to Becky Watson in a cage match. :drool:
[youtube]Fo4vUIPbCdk[/youtube]

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

comhcinc wrote:
windy wrote: What time are the titties on?
I am still waiting on people to pick a time.
I'll be home around 7:30 central & crawl in bed around 9:30-ish. If it'll be going on around then, let me know.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

comhcinc wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:

And now you can too by joining the live chat on Saturday.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

No you are a mushroom. So are you take part?

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Laci Green is ugly because of her idea-less-ology.

Rebecca Watson is just plain ugly in all senses of the word - regardless of what she looks like.

GhostBusters was meh...

I've never seen any Star Wars movie so fuck off.

Steersmannnn is a pedometer.

Discuss disgust.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I am half way through the third season of Enterprise. I hate what they did to the theme song but otherwise really like this season. They are basically trying to track down the deathstar.

Really?

Post by Really? »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Really? wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Thumbs up! I would only point out that in the case of Green it was stated that her "dressing frumpy" wasn't thought to be the reason.
Green was great at one point. If I'm not mistaken, she was a recovering Mormon when she started making her very sane videos. I also liked her videos where she would show off her cleavage and cheerfully lecture about how her cleavage is just cleavage and the viewer should just deal with it instead of getting all offended by seeing a small fraction of two boobs pushed together.
She was one of the better early new-atheist YouTubers, and I'm basing that opinion on her content and great personality at the time. The fact that she was stunningly beautiful and wasn't averse to flaunting her sexuality just added to this. That she went not just SJW, but full-retard SJW is a huge disappointment. Especially since she also has a big megaphone aimed at, apparently, young teen girls. So, yeah, I'm only too happy to point out the contemporaneous radical decline in her looks and speculate on the relationship between these two things.

https://studentaffairs.unm.edu/news/201 ... _green.gif
So now she has three boobs. What's the problem?

Really?

Post by Really? »

d4m10n wrote:PZ Myers writes:
Aheist Alliance International carried out a census, and discovered that their members 73% men…and most remarkably, they thought that was a problem! So instead of making excuses about how this was simply the natural order of things, they’ve released a report with recommendations for improving the gender balance.

I just read it — it’s short, just 9 pages — and I can tell that a few people are going to be furious. Yay!
Michael Nugent replies:
Atheist Ireland is pleased to have been instrumental in instigating this project. We already have a policy of seeking gender balance in our activities. In 2013 we hosted a very successful International Conference on Empowering Women through Secularism.

:mrgreen:
Peez clearly hasn't looked at the gender split of FTB on Alexander.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

comhcinc wrote:So hey is anyone wanting to do this hangout/skype thing this weekend?
Yeah I'm in unless the weather is even more fucking awesome in which case I'll be at the beach

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

katamari Damassi wrote:Recently saw Paul Feig's film Spy with Melissa McCarthy, and it also felt flat to me despite some good comic moments and a cast I really like. It didn't help that it ticked every SJW box with 2 possible exceptions- a gropey man is an ally not a villain, and doesn't get his comeuppance by the end- McCarthy's character wakes up in bed next to Jason Statham's, she screams, presuming that she was inebriated when they fucked, therefore rape. Otherwise it's the future of social justice film making. It features not one but two fat Mary Sue characters who prove all their detractors wrong and get the attention of all the hot men in the movie.
SPY was amazing and you are wrong.

I would also have sex with McCarthy like a million times.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I can't tell if this is a joke? I can say I have 100% never experienced sexism of any kind.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

No salary gap exists between women and men in tech, says job search firm Dice, looking at its annual survey of 16,000 tech professionals, as long as you are comparing people with equal experience, education, and job titles. http://spectrum.ieee.org/view-from-the- ... h-salaries

Also:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

She got a bump last month. Maybe they learnt their lesson giving her a case of the sads?

http://i.imgur.com/4dvcbxT.jpg

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

That Maddox person nailed it. My thoughts exactly.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Aneris wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Aneris / German speakers.

In German does Weltkreig have any deeper meaning than boring old "world War". Somehow I don't think it meant in 1914 what we might think it meant in 2016.

Im calling bullshit on the idea of a global war of competing international nation states (and their agendas) being a conscious thing before the 1930s.

I am happy to add the pit to my bibliography :lol:

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weltkrieg
In my perception, its merely the name for the thing. For Germans it was simply the war against other European nations, and in fact just another war. Other places played little to no role role in the German perception. In fact, at the time, the perception was that nations or realms were at war all the time, and Germans were often on the short end of the stick, thanks to German/Holy Empire local patriotism. The centralised powers were France, Britain, and Russia and others who already divided the world among each other. They were quite annoyed when Ze Germans became a force in central Europe. From that view, things look somewhat less clear cut.
So Welt = a world comprised of Europe and associated colonies? Cool, and thanks.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I discovered them with the movie Chappie. I'm not hooked on their music, but they were terrific in that flick.

SM12

Post by SM12 »

jet_lagg wrote: I'm with Phil. If they'd gender-swapped one or two members of the main cast I'd say it's a valid trick to shake things up (though in 2016, it's a trick that's increasingly getting played out). Swapping the entire cast? That would have been gimmicky 30 years ago. It reeks of political agenda.
When Hammer Horror started casting women as vampires, that was to smash the Patriarchy, and not even a little bit exploitative.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Fuck fuck fuck.

Ok, better now.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

SM12 wrote:
jet_lagg wrote: I'm with Phil. If they'd gender-swapped one or two members of the main cast I'd say it's a valid trick to shake things up (though in 2016, it's a trick that's increasingly getting played out). Swapping the entire cast? That would have been gimmicky 30 years ago. It reeks of political agenda.
When Hammer Horror started casting women as vampires, that was to smash the Patriarchy, and not even a little bit exploitative.
[youtube]StTTfl8SU5k[/youtube]

Sorry, I got a bit distracted. What were you saying?

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

jet_lagg wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote: I miss hedge porn. I swear kids nowadays don't know they're born. All they have to do is type in whatever they want to see and there it is. They're spoilt as fuck.
They'll never know the sheer joy of being 12 and seeing a distant page poking out of a hedge or blowing forlornly across a field. No other feeling like it. Of course there were the times when it wasn't worth getting excited about. "Porn Mirage" was common. You'd get to the treasure and instead of seeing a woman with a massive hairy minge and floppy tits it would be a page from the sports section of the Argos catalogue. You'd fall to your knees, the clouds would burst and a single tear would roll down your cheek.
A buddy and I stumbled on a stack of magazines while hiking the train tracks once. Great selection, the sort of fetish variety you'd not see the likes of again until broadband internet. I swear it felt like winning the lotto.
My jackpot was a collection thrown out for the paper round. There I was gaily skipping along the road at 9 or 10 years old, curiously attracted by the shiny bundle. I snuck em home and hid them (about 5 mags), mostly Penthouse, nothing too hardcore, but all doing strange things to me. In particular I remember one of those text-only mags with "letters", one in particular about the upper classes having sex after fox hunting.

Ever since, the word "jodhpurs" and the phrase "legs akimbo" have given me peculiar excitations.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Shatterface wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:I thought the 'Colour of Money' was good - can anyone else thing of a much delayed sequel that was OK?
Mad Max: Fury Road
Total shite.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Spam?

gurugeorge

Re: Sokal & Bricmont EPILOGUE // Fashionable Nonsense (1997)

Post by gurugeorge »

Aneris wrote:It went from bad to worse, and did lead to to some form of dogmatism that resembles at times religious fundamentalism.
I disagree that post-modernism is a carbuncle on the Left, as a classical liberal I'd say it's a pretty inevitable logical outcome of the Left's support of failed things. After all the enthusiastic support for Soviet Russia through the early part of the 20th century, post-modernism developed after Khruschev's secret speech in 1956, where he admitted Stalin done wrong. But there's an earlier echo of it with Lenin's essay on imperialism as a response to the failed prediction of doom that Marxism had been constantly heralding from the last quarter of the 19th century through to the early years of the 20th.

It's the old "brushless fox" thing. Reasoned inquiry shows we we goofed. We can't possibly have goofed. So much for reasoned inquiry.

Really the whole Left (qua ideological/Marxoid) enterprise was a detour into a cul de sac. The whole thing needs to be stripped back to classical liberalism and let a new Left wing develop from that.

Again, as I've said, classical liberalism has two "wings" which (for convenience, though it's not really apt) you could call "Right" and "Left", "Right" liberalism (libertarianism) is more concerned with stability, conserving what's been achieved, sticking to the state maintaining its basic duties (particularly the "ground rules" negative rights); "Left" liberalism (progressivism proper, in the way that people of good will intend it to be) tries to extend beyond that, investigating more deeply the concept of "harm", and cautiously seeing if the State can't also do some positive things to help people. But it doesn't have that silly trust that anything the State sets out to do it can actually do (and not be counter-productive in the long run).

That's really all there is to it, and there should be a natural, healthy tension and to-and-fro between these two wings, but they're united in perception of the logic that the basic "negative" rights can't be breached in pursuit of the "positive" rights - or at least, they're always very aware that if they do so there's a trade-off between losing something more fundamental in the pursuit of something less fundamental (e.g. paradigmatically, if you want an equal outcome, you're going to have to face the fact that you're going to have to treat people unequally).

All this is totally opposed to the "normal" Left/Right division which is really has Populism as its "centre", and veers into Mob Rule on its Left and Authoritarianism on its Right. This "spectrum" is where you have the "horseshoe" effect.

For Left/Right polarized classical liberalism, on the other hand, it's more like an ameoba that's nudging forward experimentally - the overall effect is progressive, but there's a proper "conservative" element that's counselling caution at every step.

As with all these historical ironies, the SJW thing bringing thoughtful people of the Left and Right together and re-invigorating a sort of classical liberal core, is a beneficial unintended consequence of the shenanigans that's going to be very positive going forward.

Libertarians and progressives have a long future of continuing to swear at each other and call each other idiots, but there's going to be more of a sense of what's shared in the future.

Couch

Post by Couch »

jugheadnaut wrote:

That page is only two years back but it's chock full of funny memories.

Hey, what was the deal with James Curruthers? I always thought of him as kind of part of the furniture; and that he enjoyed engaging here whilst being maybe a bit more SJW-tolerant; but then he got his knickers in real twist about something and was gone. I didn't pay a mountain of attention When it occurred; as I semi-remembered he'd maybe faux-flounced maybe a couple of times. But he stuck the last flounce and so far as I know never posted again.

Not a biggie, just curious.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

"Students speak out against Yiannopoulos"
http://pittnews.com/article/69187/news/ ... nnopoulus/
Marcus Robinson, president of Pitt’s Rainbow Alliance, said after leaving the lecture on Monday, he felt unsafe on campus for the first time.

“So many of us shared in our pain. I felt I was in danger, and I felt so many people in that room were in danger. This event erased the great things we’ve done,” Robinson said. “For the first time, I’m disappointed to be at Pitt.”

Robinson suggested that the University should have provided counselors in a neighboring room to help students who felt “invalidated” or “traumatized” by the event.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

PZ is looking forward to Ghostbusters, which, given his taste in film, is as good an indication as any that it will probably be utter shit. That, and the execrable trailer. Not only were there no laughs from that trailer, there were no smiles.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Didn't James get all weak over Anita?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:You're adorable now. Don't pretend external aspect doesn't play a role in TV broadcasting. It may not be this, but seriously, what producer would sign in a McEwan for on-screen time?
They'd need two screens, or double the time.

^professional fatshaming, don't try this at home^

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Trump implied during the debate that he has a big dick. Just think about that for a little while.