The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
screwtape

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by screwtape »

The Yeti wrote:Some interesting discussions found in the comments of "Great American Satan" commenting rules post:

http://archive.is/VdFIn
And for those uninterested in commenting rules, be aware that the orbit has the same ads as FTB:
Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 7.57.18 PM.png
(497.53 KiB) Downloaded 229 times

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Ape+lust wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:Good as that explanation is, it's not answering the fucking question.

Malky was asking about your lived experience.
You first :whistle:

http://imgur.com/tZCb13z.jpg
http://lh6.ggpht.com/SWGjLSdKmQ-e3iVuYM ... yGPw=s1200

I was there with my son a couple of months ago. I feel so soiled now.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

So any thoughts whether the 2x Burning Bridges refugees brought their handful of change with them? My guess is still that it was spent on a dinner with dessert.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

comhcinc wrote:So Gawker just lost the Hogan lawsuit.
OWW! Haha!

He should propose 3 minutes in the ring with Nick Denton in lieu of the $115 million. He'd make more than that back on pay per view anyway. Besides, pulverizing the creepy fuck is worth more than mere money.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

screwtape wrote:
The Yeti wrote:Some interesting discussions found in the comments of "Great American Satan" commenting rules post:

And for those uninterested in commenting rules, be aware that the orbit has the same ads as FTB:
So why was the crowd cheering, and what veggies shouldn't I eat?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Brive1987 wrote:If you want to complete your "good riddance" collection, Alex has his farewell FtB up.

http://archive.is/nmunx

It begins .. "As of today, Freethought Blogs has a bastard child other than me..... "
And his first post at the Orbit:
If Friendly Atheist readers were wondering, the reason Pharyngula isn’t hosted here is that a network cofounded by PZ Myers already exists: our network isn’t that network, and it works differently.
He goes on to say that the way they pay more to low traffic blogs is very important to him (can't imagine why).

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Ape+lust wrote:
OWW! Haha!

He should propose 3 minutes in the ring with Nick Denton in lieu of the $115 million. He'd make more than that back on pay per view anyway. Besides, pulverizing the creepy fuck is worth more than mere money.

So most people believe that gawker will win on appear. The issue now is do they have the 50 million in cash to put up to appear the case.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

The monumental idiocy on display in the very short time that the Orbitards have been operational is ... monumental.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Brive1987 wrote:Alex archive link for those who collect. Best evidence really that Orbit is a reaction to FtB not being SJ enough and dominated by PZ

http://archive.is/3SpHO
Holy shit. One wonders whether Alex is describing a blogging network or a commune:
Out of those three networks, the Orbit is the one that demands most time and engagement from its members when they’re not blogging. The upside is that we’re far more of a community. Part of the point of running the place through working groups is that everyone here has an investment in making the site a good workplace, and we have internal systems in place for getting to know each other, resolving conflicts and supporting each other’s mental health. You don’t just write a blog at the Orbit—you live here.
Rather than adding more members, our strategy for growth involves maintaining a productive atmosphere, collaborating with each other on content separate from our own blogs and promoting each other’s work. Instead of looking for new members all the time, our focus will be directing our efforts inwardly.
Our structure is completely nonhierarchical: we get things done by working in small, dedicated groups with their own areas—finance, tech, policy—that liaise with each other and have no governance from above.
I’m proud that this is our site’s approach, and I’d like other networks adopt it. It reflects both our desire to be collaborative—everyone on this site has a material interest in promoting everyone else’s work—and our acceptance the blogosphere isn’t a meritocracy. All kinds of factors influence traffic to someone’s blog beyond how good it is—how much spare time they have, when they started and who they know, their physical ability to write—and we want to help smaller blogs on their way up.
It’s true, of course, that a large percentage of a small sum still isn’t much, but we don’t want to build our audience by getting heavy traffic on some blogs and next to none on others. If we’re to grow, it’s going to be together, with the benefits spread around—and as you might be noticing, together is what this site is about.
:o :icon-lol: :icon-lol: :icon-lol: :icon-lol:

Its going to be very interesting to see how this place develops. Very interesting indeed.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

KiwiInOz wrote:
screwtape wrote:

So why was the crowd cheering, and what veggies shouldn't I eat?
You click on them; I shan't.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I must say, I'm still processing SZvan tagging along with the cool kids rather than bulwarking the establishment.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

screwtape wrote:
Service Dog wrote: When my brain gets fuzzy, I suck on a coarse grain of sea salt, for brain-electrolytes. When muscles stiffen, I have an avocado or pill for Magnesium body-electrolytes.
Not wanting to be difficult, but what exactly are the differences between brain-electrolytes and body-electrolytes? I feel obliged to ask for the restless souls of all those clever physiologists who lectured me.
I'm just trusting the internet/ don't know the science behind it.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

comhcinc wrote:
Oh I am pretty sure she was well in her legal rights no matter exactly how the story went down. It's the morality of it that I am withholding judgement on.
She wasn't in the house as it was burglarized; she was alerted by an alarm and rushed home to confront the burglar. Not clear that home defense laws are applicable, but of course IANAL.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Old_ones wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Alex archive link for those who collect. Best evidence really that Orbit is a reaction to FtB not being SJ enough and dominated by PZ

Holy shit. One wonders whether Alex is describing a blogging network or a commune:
Out of those three networks, the Orbit is the one that demands most time and engagement from its members when they’re not blogging. The upside is that we’re far more of a community. Part of the point of running the place through working groups is that everyone here has an investment in making the site a good workplace, and we have internal systems in place for getting to know each other, resolving conflicts and supporting each other’s mental health. You don’t just write a blog at the Orbit—you live here.
Rather than adding more members, our strategy for growth involves maintaining a productive atmosphere, collaborating with each other on content separate from our own blogs and promoting each other’s work. Instead of looking for new members all the time, our focus will be directing our efforts inwardly.
Our structure is completely nonhierarchical: we get things done by working in small, dedicated groups with their own areas—finance, tech, policy—that liaise with each other and have no governance from above.
I’m proud that this is our site’s approach, and I’d like other networks adopt it. It reflects both our desire to be collaborative—everyone on this site has a material interest in promoting everyone else’s work—and our acceptance the blogosphere isn’t a meritocracy. All kinds of factors influence traffic to someone’s blog beyond how good it is—how much spare time they have, when they started and who they know, their physical ability to write—and we want to help smaller blogs on their way up.
It’s true, of course, that a large percentage of a small sum still isn’t much, but we don’t want to build our audience by getting heavy traffic on some blogs and next to none on others. If we’re to grow, it’s going to be together, with the benefits spread around—and as you might be noticing, together is what this site is about.

Its going to be very interesting to see how this place develops. Very interesting indeed.
Dennis! There's some lovely filth down 'ere!

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

fuzzy wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Oh I am pretty sure she was well in her legal rights no matter exactly how the story went down. It's the morality of it that I am withholding judgement on.
She wasn't in the house as it was burglarized; she was alerted by an alarm and rushed home to confront the burglar. Not clear that home defense laws are applicable, but of course IANAL.
Yeah I saw that but I still think anything less than the kid running away from her and she is in the clear legal wise. I really hope there is video of it.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

http://www.sescoops.com/hulk-hogan-awar ... r-lawsuit/
After deliberating for about five hours or so following this morning’s closing arguments, a Pinellas County, Florida jury has ruled for Hulk Hogan (real name Terry Bollea) on all counts in his lawsuit against Gawker Media, founder/publisher Nick Denton, and former editor Albert James “A.J.” Daulerio. Hogan had sued them for posting excerpts of a sex tape of him and Heather Cole, then-wife of his then-best friend/radio personality Bubba the Love Sponge Clem (Clem shot the video surreptitiously). Hogan had always insisted the video, which was leaked to Gawker by an anonymous source, was shot without his knowledge and consent.

The jury of four women and two men found for Hogan on all counts and awarded a total of $115 million two phases of compensatory damages:

$60 million for emotional damages.
$55 million for economic loss (A number his lawyers came up with based on multiplying how many people they say watched it by the $4.95 bottom end price to access the Vivid Celebs sex tape site)

This puts Gawker in danger, as while they’d likely win on appeal, they would need to post a $50 million bond to appeal the award per Florida law, and they most likely don’t have that kind of liquidity. On Monday, the jury will return to determine what they feel Gawker owes for punitive damages.

Remember Gawker is the lovely company that owes The Mary Sue. I wonder if we are going to see a bunch of people defending the Gawker's attempt to make money off of a stolen sex tape?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Brive1987 wrote:I must say, I'm still processing SZvan tagging along with the cool kids rather than bulwarking the establishment.

I think she's the leader of the rebellion and the backstabber in chief.
She's very big into the organizational crap and the networking thing and loves to go after people for what she perceives as their moral failings. When PZ and Ed didn't get onboard with burning Oaphie at the stake and when PZ got into the fight with her housemate and toilet slave Lousy, that was war.
I'm surprised it didn't get to be more messy or at least more messy in public. There must have been some pretty toxic shit to drive Ed Brayton out, or wait, was that the fault of the Slymepit?

Xenu

Post by Xenu »

screwtape wrote:

ACtually, that is a FTB site, the orbit blogs have no ads YET

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

comhcinc wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
OWW! Haha!

So most people believe that gawker will win on appear. The issue now is do they have the 50 million in cash to put up to appear the case.
They might not. According to this article - http://uk.businessinsider.com/gawker-me ... ?r=US&IR=T - Gawker Media's net revenue in 2014 was $45 million. So unless Gawker Media has had an extraordinary surge in revenue since, the company is likely looking at the equivalent of losing around at least a years' worth of profit simply to file the appeal. Looks pretty bad for Denton and chums, frankly.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

History repeats itself. The Young Turks of the Otterman Empire:

After 1908 2011, the Young TurksSJ initial umbrella political party, the Committee of Union and Progress (CUP; Turkish: İttihat ve Terakki Cemiyeti), FtB began a series of modernizing military and political reforms across the Ottoman Empire A/S landscape. However, the CUP FtB soon began to splinter as many of the more liberal and pro-decentralization Young Turks left to form an opposition party in late 1911, 2015 the Freedom and Accord Party (also known as the Liberal Union or Liberal Entente), Orbit with much of those staying in the CUP FtB favoring a generally pro-centralization policy.[5] In a year-long power struggle throughout 1912 2016 , Freedom Accord the orbit and the remaining members of the CUP FtB vied for control of Atheist movement the Ottoman government, the year seeing a rigged election by the CUPFtB and a military revolt by the Orbit Freedom and Accord.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Ape+lust wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:Good as that explanation is, it's not answering the fucking question.

That's going too far. please keep your shoops to a decent level of acceptability.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:

That's going too far. please keep your shoops to a decent level of acceptability.
Rape!

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Tigzy wrote:
They might not. According to this article - http://uk.businessinsider.com/gawker-me ... ?r=US&IR=T - Gawker Media's net revenue in 2014 was $45 million. So unless Gawker Media has had an extraordinary surge in revenue since, the company is likely looking at the equivalent of losing around at least a years' worth of profit simply to file the appeal. Looks pretty bad for Denton and chums, frankly.
Yeah it's hard for most companies to be able to come up with 50 million dollars in cash and be able to let the state hold on to it.

So they are going to probably have to look at some outside investors.

Which there have been rumors floating around for a while that Hogan is being funded by someone with a hateboner for Gawker in this whole thing so who knows.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

comhcinc wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Yeah it's hard for most companies to be able to come up with 50 million dollars in cash and be able to let the state hold on to it.

Which there have been rumors floating around for a while that Hogan is being funded by someone with a hateboner for Gawker in this whole thing so who knows.
They've already been working on it: http://www.ibtimes.com/meet-gawkers-new ... rg-2273491

As to what that minority stake amounts to - well, no-one's saying, as of yet.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Tigzy wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

They've already been working on it: http://www.ibtimes.com/meet-gawkers-new ... rg-2273491

FTA
Last summer, Gawker took on a $8 million loan and $7.5 million in credit from Silicon Valley Bank to fund its move into a 40,000-square-foot office in Manhattan, the Journal reported. The company also declared that in 2014 it posted $44.3 million in revenue and made a $6.5 million profit.
Only 6.5 million in profit? Honestly and I am not joking completely, outside of getting Trump to come in and take over I don't see how their are going to stay in business much longer even if they do completely win on appeal.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Gawker's Wiki page has just been updated to include the Hulk Hogan thing. What caught my eye was this:
On March 18, 2016, the jury awarded Hulk Hogan $115 million in compensatory damages.[51] According to CNN, the jury will decide on punitive damages by the end of March.[52]
I know fuck all about how the US legal system works, so I need to ask: punitive damages - does this mean Gawker could yet be faced with paying out more?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Tigzy wrote:Gawker's Wiki page has just been updated to include the Hulk Hogan thing. What caught my eye was this:
On March 18, 2016, the jury awarded Hulk Hogan $115 million in compensatory damages.[51] According to CNN, the jury will decide on punitive damages by the end of March.[52]
I know fuck all about how the US legal system works, so I need to ask: punitive damages - does this mean Gawker could yet be faced with paying out more?

Yes on Monday the jury will reward Hogan more money.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

comhcinc wrote: Only 6.5 million in profit? Honestly and I am not joking completely, outside of getting Trump to come in and take over I don't see how their are going to stay in business much longer even if they do completely win on appeal.
Gah! - wrote 'profit' when I should've written 'net' in my earlier post.

Anyways, I'm sure right now Denton et al are instructing their accountants to get as creative as possible. And I'm sure those accountants are indeed getting creative, in wondering what font would look most attractive on their resumes. :lol:

Really?

Post by Really? »

Old_ones wrote:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/ ... _large.jpg

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

comhcinc wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Gawker's Wiki page has just been updated to include the Hulk Hogan thing. What caught my eye was this:

Yes on Monday the jury will reward Hogan more money.
All of a sudden, I'm reminded of an old Twilight Zone episode.

http://i.imgur.com/iZCOHrj.jpg

Really?

Post by Really? »

comhcinc wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

FTA
Last summer, Gawker took on a $8 million loan and $7.5 million in credit from Silicon Valley Bank to fund its move into a 40,000-square-foot office in Manhattan, the Journal reported. The company also declared that in 2014 it posted $44.3 million in revenue and made a $6.5 million profit.
Only 6.5 million in profit? Honestly and I am not joking completely, outside of getting Trump to come in and take over I don't see how their are going to stay in business much longer even if they do completely win on appeal.
WTF? They have 250 employees and don't pay many of their content providers. How the fuck can they only have 6.5 million in profit? It's not as though Gawker has numerous news bureaus in critical locations like the Middle East. Or Europe. Or anywhere but the apartments of the employees they don't pay to say that the new Spider-Man should be a woman, but not Spider-Woman. Spider-Man should be a woman.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

BTW. While I think it's awesome that Gawker is the company gettting assraped by the Hulkster, I actually think this is a case that is important.

I am a big fan for Freedom of Speech but in no way do I believe that allows a company to use a stolen fuck tape of a wrestler for profit. I don't think any stolen fuck tape outside maybe a politician is every newsworthy. My hope that is will cut down on this shit in the future.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Just to make it clear, the one who wrote that comment on Niki M's blog was me. And she made an entire blog post out of it.

And she basically said, "Sure, I have a comment section, but do you think that means I want people to use it? LOL"

FTB and The Orbit, asylums both and the lunatics are in charge.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Pitchguest wrote:Just to make it clear, the one who wrote that comment on Niki M's blog was me.

http://holdupnow.com/wp-content/uploads ... /cage1.jpg

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Yeah, there will be additional damages. I read a Huffington post article that made it sound like Gawker will appeal, though, so this verdict might not hold up in the end.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Lol sorry Pitch, that was a little over the top.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Pitchguest wrote:Just to make it clear, the one who wrote that comment on Niki M's blog was me. And she made an entire blog post out of it.

And she basically said, "Sure, I have a comment section, but do you think that means I want people to use it? LOL"

FTB and The Orbit, asylums both and the lunatics are in charge.
There's so many angry birds at The Orbit, I'm beginning to wonder if it's being sponsored by Rovio.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I say this without a hint of irony: Fuck Gawker into the ground. Then drill a deeper hole and fuck it into the mantle.

Really?

Post by Really? »

From Alex McGabriel:
To begin with, the Orbit is an independent site. Those of us who’ve moved here from FTB are proud of our work there and want to continue it here, but the association is informal: we’re less a sister site and more of a mutant offspring. As for why we decided to start our own site, the short version is that a few months back, when conversations about updating FTB’s internal structure took place, several of us came to the realisation simultaneously that our ideal network would be easier to build from scratch than to mould by reforming a site with its own history and machinery.
https://media.giphy.com/media/a3zqvrH40Cdhu/giphy.gif
Skepchick has Rebecca Watson in charge; the atheist channel at Patheos has Dale McGowan; FTB has an executive committee. Round here, no one is in charge—or, rather, all of us are. Our structure is completely nonhierarchical: we get things done by working in small, dedicated groups with their own areas—finance, tech, policy—that liaise with each other and have no governance from above. Broadly, they have autonomy in their own areas. When necessary, including during admissions, all our bloggers vote, and upholding the site rules is the policy group’s job.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... fd295a.jpg
At FTB, proceeds from ad revenue after hosting costs are divided among bloggers according to how much traffic they get: if you get five percent of the site’s hits, you get five percent of the cash. The Orbit’s system differs in two ways. Firstly, now that we’ve raised enough on Kickstarter to cover our first year of hosting costs, all ad revenue will go directly toward paying writers. Secondly, only half the total will be allocated by views the same way as at FTB; the other half will be divided equally between all bloggers.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... c66f8c.jpg

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Who's in that photo? It looks like something Walter Ego would post.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

A lot of the SJWs/FTBullies/Regressive Left are quiet on the Gawker/Hogan result.

Why?

Well, Gawker has been a good friend to the SJWs, parroting all of their rhetoric and lies, protecting them against the truth, and smearing GamerGate as much as possible. Gawker spews the SJW crap about how evil cis white men are, etc. and how liars and paedophiles such as Sarkeesian and Nyburg are somehow genuine spokespeople for progressive viewpoints. Their narrative was a complete SJW smokescreen.

Usually, the posting of revenge porn would be a big no-no for SJWs, and you could imagine their mental breakdown if someone like Brianna Wu or Sarkeesian had their sex tapes leaked (I realise the thought is disgusting), and yet, because Hogan ticks so many of their "othering" boxes, Gawker thought posting revenge porn was OK because it qualified as the SJW definition of "punching up". Well, Gawker might have just been punched down into extinction.

I fucking hope other regressive left SJW shitholes such as Salon get their comeuppance.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Who's in that photo? It looks like something Walter Ego would post.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven%27 ... ous_group)

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

This Hulk verdict is also a massive victory of GamerGate.

It is a boost to their central claim - that ethics in (games) journalism is non-existent. Of course, the focus was initially on games journalism, but the rot is seen across SJW-ridden media.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Spike13 wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Spike13 wrote:Is Pizzy wearing mall walkers/ hiking shoes and a suit????

Almost as good as his t-shirt and suit conference wear or the skatchy overgrown pubic hair beard.

His wife lets him leave the house like that?
Hell, if I taught intro biology at a rural annex campus in the middle of cow country, I'd show up for class in Dan Post's, stacked Wranglers, A Cody James with snap buttons, and a white Stetson.

And, yeah, groom the damn beard. The Aqualung look works for no one.

That ensemble Sounds like it would look cool as hell.
Yeah it does.

http://www.stonewall-museum.org/wp-cont ... 25x300.jpg

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CommanderTuvok wrote:This Hulk verdict is also a massive victory of GamerGate.

It is a boost to their central claim - that ethics in (games) journalism is non-existent. Of course, the focus was initially on games journalism, but the rot is seen across SJW-ridden media.

No it isn't. Not everything is connected to gamergate.

Pro Wrestling journalism is beyond reproach....mostly because people don't believe it's on the up and up for a second. We call them dirt sheets for a reason.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

John Greg wrote:Jesus, talk about grumpy bitter old men. I might be forlorn, fatalistic, and somewhat suicidal, but even I'm not this bitter. PZ says:
Sometimes, the hard part of being a humanist is all the goddamn humans.

At the cell and tissue level, they’re pretty nifty, but once they start perambulating around they’re mostly all about stomping on you.

I’d probably be happier if all my interactions with the world were with computers and embryos. OK, and libraries. Libraries are cool. Especially computer-accessible libraries with books about embryos.

But people…people mostly suck.
What a pathetic patriarch.

Link for the curious: http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... /18/27568/
PZ has himself to blame for his attitude. If a person spends each day tut-tutting over bad behavior, seeking out perceived moral weaknesses in everyone, constantly, unremittingly, of course you're going to develop a misanthropic attitude toward humanity. Yes, some people suck, and all people suck some of the time, but people can also be good. Perhaps because Myers is so disdainful of evo psych he can't consider our own history of struggle, that most humans died before 25, often horrendously from accident or disease. It's a miracle there is any vestige of tenderness, love and compassion in any animal species.

/bleeding heart

Like the author of The Rape of Nanking, who killed herself not ten miles from my house in California, you can so immerse yourself in the evil of the world that you convince yourself that the world is persecuting you personally. Some people seem prone to this kind of addiction. PZ has developed a type of twisted secular Original Sin, that we are vile creatures by nature. It's a pitiable, myopic view.

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
rayshul wrote:The Pit never gave a shit about Muscato's gender identity until Muscato fucking rolled on the kid.
Sorry I've missed this comment. I don't know how it happened.

Most Pitters were actually quite supportive of Muscato's announcement, if I remember correctly. And I think it's the most basic of reactions. The general opinion switched when demands were issued by the, let's not forget, balding, bearded, suit-wearing "woman". There's just that much bullshit one can take.
I agree most people here were supportive. Transitioning takes time. And honestly, most normal trans people are no big dealIf they want to call themselves a man or woman and wear dresses it is no skin off of anyone's back. That is their own private deal.

It is the ones that come up with half a dozen unique pronouns just for themselves and throw a shit fit if you don't get it right.

Danielle Muscato, a year into transition had pretty much no visual signifiers or effort being made to clue people in that she wants to be addressed as a woman beyond a female name on her twitter account. Much less taking the effort to shave the beard. It makes me wonder if Muscato has had second thoughts, which is all perfectly fine.

To the best of my knowledge, Muscato has not been bitching at people about getting his pronouns wrong or misaddressing her. I take no issue with it at all. But it is a bit puzzling. And yes I am commenting on it and thinking about it because a big public announcement was made. But in the end that is Muscato's deal.

My only real issue with Muscato is that Muscato presents herself as a person of PR. Muscato takes up the case of providing PR for a young college student who is in a pickle. Drags his ass into the middle of a nightmare scenario that anyone here could see as a disaster coming a mile away. Apparently didn't prep the young college student on the questions to be asked and know his answers ahead of time. And THEN proceeds to throw his ass under the bus to save his own skin.

WORST PERSON OF PR EVER.

Muscato can identify as a woman. But Muscato better stop identifying as a Person of PR.

-Soylent f98

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Stout wrote:The "problem" with Muscato's gender identity comes up when the trans and bathroom issue gets raised. Let just say that I've never met a shitlord who has any sort of a problem with a woman niping into the men's because there's a huge line up for the woman's and she's really got to go.

These bathroom issued seem to be solely centered around the man in the ladies room.

Just whose side is a shitlord like me supposed to take were I to find myself caught in the middle. Either I'm a transphobe or some sort of rape apologist. If Muscato was making at least an effort I could probably weasel around with words like "the idea is that non passing trans women are trying to get themselves considered women" in order to appear impartial but with Muscato I figure I'd just find myself trying to defend someone who could realistically be described as a pervert.
You just stand back, laugh, and say "This is not my fucking problem." Also know that pretty much every woman's restroom has enclosed stalls so the issue of bodily privacy is over blown anyway.

About the only time this really becomes a problem is in public changing rooms at swim pools & high school where underage & teen girls who are still working on their self confidence & body image issues need to strip down.

Keating

Post by Keating »

But it's Saturday.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Keating wrote:But it's Saturday.
Only in the future.

[youtube]jb6H14gVWjM[/youtube]

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Okay. So, I know we were talking about Danielle Muscato before and how he/she haven't made an effort at all to transition and therefore it's a bit absurd to expect someone to look at Danielle and say, "Yep, that's a woman."

Well.

Here's why.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/972c4c30a6f1 ... 1_1280.jpg

This is Laith Ashley.

He's a man, and a model as you can clearly see.

But he was born a woman.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/03/10/me ... n-runways/

This person is biologically female. But he doesn't look it and THAT is how you can tell the difference between those that make the effort and those that don't.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

comhcinc wrote:

Pro Wrestling journalism is beyond reproach....mostly because people don't believe it's on the up and up for a second. We call them dirt sheets for a reason.
Well, whether it is a victory for GG or not, a LOT of SJWs on social media are gnashing their teeth about GamerGate in reference to the Hulk verdict. That is fine by me, whether GG gets the glory or not.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I don't know looks like a bit of a pussy to me.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

comhcinc wrote:Lol sorry Pitch, that was a little over the top.
YOU GOT TO PUT IT IN THE RIGHT FILE!

HOW'D IT GET BURNT? HOW IT'D GET BURNT??!

AHHHHHHH! NOT THE BEES! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Well, whether it is a victory for GG or not, a LOT of SJWs on social media are gnashing their teeth about GamerGate in reference to the Hulk verdict. That is fine by me, whether GG gets the glory or not.

Can you show some examples of that?

Remember Gawker went on a tirade after all the female celebrity nudes got posted, this after they had posted part of the Hogan stolen sex tape. I really think they are some of the worst type of garbage.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Pitchguest wrote:Okay. So, I know we were talking about Danielle Muscato before and how he/she haven't made an effort at all to transition and therefore it's a bit absurd to expect someone to look at Danielle and say, "Yep, that's a woman."

Well.

Here's why.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/972c4c30a6f1 ... 1_1280.jpg

This is Laith Ashley.

He's a man, and a model as you can clearly see.

But he was born a woman.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/03/10/me ... n-runways/

This person is biologically female. But he doesn't look it and THAT is how you can tell the difference between those that make the effort and those that don't.
I have no idea where the line should be, but yes. It boggles the non SJW mind as to why Danielle would correct people about her new name and why she wants to be considered 100% woman without actually possessing any female characteristics. The "non-binary" thing is also a non-starter for most of those with whom Danielle expects to interact as a PR professional.

I honestly don't think that the SJW version of gender will be accepted because it flies in the face of so much common sense and human evolution. Gay people have always been around and "made sense", even if assholes treated them poorly. Trans people always existed, but they were also appealing to a kind of social norm. But Danielle, while she has the perfect right to live any way she pleases, is just not anything close to what people know.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Pitchguest wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Lol sorry Pitch, that was a little over the top.
YOU GOT TO PUT IT IN THE RIGHT FILE!

HOW'D IT GET BURNT? HOW IT'D GET BURNT??!

AHHHHHHH! NOT THE BEES! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

If I ever get to book a wrestling event I am doing a "Loser gets the Bees" match.