Old subthreads
Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Cunning Punt wrote:
Tis but a scratch.
Ah! I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking of this.

Apples

Post by Apples »

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

After much thought and consideration, I felt that it was finally important that they SlymePit have a Safe Space.

If you are feeling overwhelmed, please come visit The Official Slymepit Safe Space Thread and post there.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=492

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:I think the National Enquirer's evidence is shaky at best.

-Soylent f98
I think the National Enquirer's evidence is shaky at best.

-Gary Hart

-Jessie Jackson

-John Edwards

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Guest_84d94f98 wrote:I think the National Enquirer's evidence is shaky at best.

-Soylent f98

-Gary Hart

-Jessie Jackson

-John Edwards
Coincidence? I think not!

Billie from Ockham

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:It's a bit quiet here today. Nothing juicy of late?
"Juicy" is exactly the problem. We're all Googling Ted Cruz' mistresses and then ... er ... well ...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Anyone here knowledgeable about Australian immigration policies? Asking for a friend from Belgium (no, not one of those Belgians).

His skills mostly pertain to music (many released albums, concerts almost worldwide...)

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Those morons are utterly incapable of detecting when someone is trolling/taking the piss. Dick Carrier is a prime example.

And ultimately, I'd guess this is one of the main reasons SJWs ever managed to get a foot in the A/S movement. When humorless cunts start getting offended by trolls, and benevolent but somewhat naive onlookers give them credibility, shit gets real.
The SJWs thrive on victimhood. They survive thanks to their "allies", which they despise and abuse anyway. The only reason they got some Atheist/Skeptics to side with them is that they're disguising their tantrums and requests for money as leftist political activism.

Let's face it, it's hard to be an atheist/skeptic in the US and to vote Republican. The GOP heavily panders to the Evangelical Christians. They promote woo like Creationism or Global Warming Denialism.

Most outspoken US atheists are Democrats, or at least progressive to some degree. Even most Slymepitters aren't right-wing or centrist (from a US point of view).

The SJWs say that they're simply promoting equality (which is a word with many meanings) and defending human rights from the Right, and especially from the Religious Right. People who only know them superficially, or from their friendly media, are going to think that they're just human rights activists.
Yup. Yupyupyupyupyup.

Which is why I've always said that if you want to beat the SJW culture, then the best way to do it is to provide an alternative to those superficial people rather than the SJW stuff. Personally I generally frame it in terms of individualist vs. collectivist. We need to explain to people why SJW collectivist views are a problem, (Not problematic, a problem) and how individualism is essential to both diversity and progress.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Anyone here knowledgeable about Australian immigration policies? Asking for a friend from Belgium (no, not one of those Belgians).
His skills mostly pertain to music (many released albums, concerts almost worldwide...)
Is he waffling about moving or not?

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

ffs wrote:
rayshul wrote:http://news.sky.com/story/1665982/man-a ... sf-twitter

WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK
They are not under 'suspicion of inciting racial hatred' since those who insult Islam can come from MANY races!

Not just arrested but now charged:
A man has been charged with inciting racial hatred after a message was posted on his Twitter profile about confronting a Muslim woman over the Brussels terror attacks.
Matthew Doyle is charged with publishing or distributing threatening, abusive or insulting material, likely or intended to stir up racial hatred.
The 46-year-old from south Croydon was arrested on Wednesday.
He will appear before Camberwell Green Magistrates Court on Saturday.
The Met Police said the charge follows an investigation by officers at Croydon Police Community Safety Unit.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35898029

Meanwhile:
The religious leader at Scotland's biggest mosque has praised an extremist who was executed for committing murder in Pakistan, the BBC can reveal.
Imam Maulana Habib Ur Rehman of Glasgow Central Mosque used the messaging platform WhatsApp to show his support for Mumtaz Qadri.
Qadri was hanged in February after murdering a local politician who opposed strict blasphemy laws.
In a statement the imam said the messages had been taken out of context.
He said that he was expressing his opposition to capital punishment.
In messages seen by the BBC, Imam Maulana Habib Ur Rehman says that he is "disturbed" and "upset" at the news of Qadri's execution, before writing "rahmatullahi alai", a religious blessing usually given to devout Muslims and meaning may God's mercy be upon him.
In another, he says: "I cannot hide my pain today. A true Muslim was punished for doing which [sic] the collective will of the nation failed to carry out."

Maulana Habib Ur Rehman is the most senior imam at Glasgow Central Mosque, a role which involves leading prayers and giving religious guidance and teachings.
The BBC has confirmed with members of the group that the messages come from the imam.
Qadri was employed as a bodyguard for the governor of Punjab province in Pakistan, Salman Taseer, before turning on him in 2011 and shooting him 28 times.
After the shooting Qadri reportedly told journalists that he was "proud" and that he had killed a "blasphemer".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-35893123

No arrest there, let alone any charge so far..... :whistle:

Dave

Post by Dave »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Anyone here knowledgeable about Australian immigration policies? Asking for a friend from Belgium (no, not one of those Belgians).

I have two friends who moved there, they both fucked their way in -- One by marrying a local, the other by being married to a doctor, apparently a profession in demand there.

So I guess if your friend is good at fucking, s/h/it might get in.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Can anyone recommend a decent news site to keep track of current events? I'm embarrassed to admit that I've been using the Huffington Post for the longest time. It has always been pretty bad, but lately it seems to publish more garbage than anything else. They've been steadily adding an SJW bent to their already trashy celebrity and woo infused material, and I'm beginning to feel guilty even giving the page my views. I would go to the Washington Post, but as far as I'm concerned no mainstream news outlet is worth a subscription fee. Where do you all go to find out about stuff?

Billie from Ockham

Dave wrote:So I guess if your friend is good at fucking, s/h/it might get in.
If Phil were a really good friend, he'd go to the carpet for his buddy.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Old_ones wrote:Can anyone recommend a decent news site to keep track of current events? I'm embarrassed to admit that I've been using the Huffington Post for the longest time. It has always been pretty bad, but lately it seems to publish more garbage than anything else. They've been steadily adding an SJW bent to their already trashy celebrity and woo infused material, and I'm beginning to feel guilty even giving the page my views. I would go to the Washington Post, but as far as I'm concerned no mainstream news outlet is worth a subscription fee. Where do you all go to find out about stuff?
Google News.

Billie from Ockham

Old_ones wrote:Can anyone recommend a decent news site to keep track of current events?
slymepit.com works for me. You also only have to read one thread.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Dave wrote:

I have two friends who moved there, they both fucked their way in -- One by marrying a local, the other by being married to a doctor, apparently a profession in demand there.

Not an option (middle guy)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6QAzH6c6-V4/T ... 5988_n.jpg

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Are you sure? Got some nice lips on 'em.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Old_ones wrote:Can anyone recommend a decent news site to keep track of current events?
I scan the headlines at news.google.com to see what everyone is talking about and generally dig from there if something interests me or I think it can be used to reinforce one of my preconceived notions. The pit and kotakuinaction serve my niche interests. I like fivethirtyeight for politics with its focus on the stats. I follow Milo Yiannopoulos because he's funny and actually brings things to my attention you'd never get from other sources for fear of SJW wrath. These days I mostly skim anything if it's written by a journalist I don't recognize, looking for their sources. There's far too much incompetence in the field to trust anything at face value.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I used to have nice moobs at the time, and still I'm not sleeping with koalas yet.

Billie from Ockham

Is it just me or does "sleeping with the koalas" sound like a threat from an aboriginal gangster?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Billie from Ockham wrote:Is it just me or does "sleeping with the koalas" sound like a threat from an aboriginal gangster?
"you gonna wear terracotta sandals tonight, mate!"

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I'm not certain I ever posted this here, but as the only official video clip I was featured in, I feel it would be a shame if it was not posted for...posterity?

Please kill me now.

[youtube]NGqnpfiiWxU[/youtube]

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Your lead singer looks like Fake Diesel.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

We have plenty of musos Phil and not enough work for them all... Better off staying in Belgium...

Aneris

2+3 Channels

Post by Aneris »

Slow Friday?

Here are a few interesting channels and or episodes.

The PBS Channel is one of the bigger ones of that type (like Vsauce), even when their episodes are a bit hit and miss. In the episode you find below, they discuss heroism and how a japanese comic (and manga) challenges assumptions in a unique way -- a subject that was previously covered by Alan Moore in a very diferent direction.

[youtube]qHOfZF7YExk[/youtube]

Another channel in a similar corner, which often has something interesting things to show (and discuss). How about the outrageous thesis that Black Metal is secretly Surf Rock. I love this stuff for even when you don't fully buy into it, you can see where they're coming from and it's interesting to draw such comparisons and just see where you wind up (also a creative technique).

[youtube]g1edoJH9iGI[/youtube]

This is a self-described amateur making videos that are like CGP Grey mixed with linguistics. Of course you know CGP Grey, and I've shared videos many times before, but in case you don't... here's one vaguely topical.

[youtube]wOmjnioNulo[/youtube]

You may also want to see this (a "Video Will Make You Angry"). Mix this style with linguistics, and you get an amateur channel that is surprisingly good, here's Xidnaf

[youtube]U-1k_MDB4J8[/youtube]

And to make the five complete, another amazingly diverse channel, the Nerdwriter, featuring everyting from looking into how Hitchcock blocks (pun?) a scence, or analyzing the speech of Trump. Here's a recent one on Ren & Stimpy.

[youtube]lmJrvzyEwWc[/youtube]

Enjoy.

RebeccaB

Post by RebeccaB »

I'm pretty sure this is not a poe:

"The National Union of Students' LGBT Campaign—a coalition of British student-activists—passed a motion to end committee representation for gay men, because they aren't as oppressed as other LGBT individuals: like students of color and transgender students."

http://reason.com/blog/2016/03/22/lgbt- ... ys-gay-men

johnself

Post by johnself »

RebeccaB wrote:I'm pretty sure this is not a poe:

"The National Union of Students' LGBT Campaign—a coalition of British student-activists—passed a motion to end committee representation for gay men, because they aren't as oppressed as other LGBT individuals: like students of color and transgender students."

English isn't my first language, but which letter in LGBT is supposed to represent "Color"?

Xenu

Post by Xenu »

Adriana Cohen just confronted Amanda Carpenter on CNN to her face about the Enquirer story.... that takes some serious balls

feathers

Post by feathers »

TheMan wrote:We have plenty of musos Phil and not enough work for them all... Better off staying in Belgium...
Gotye's scraping in all the money?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Once again it's proven Power is an aphrodisiac strong enough to squelch nausea.

Or Cruz has a dick like a 747.

http://imgur.com/ZhB3fQy.jpg

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Does he have a criminal record?

SM12

Post by SM12 »

johnself wrote:
RebeccaB wrote:I'm pretty sure this is not a poe:

English isn't my first language, but which letter in LGBT is supposed to represent "Color"?
G for Green.

Dave

Post by Dave »

MarcusAu wrote:

If he did, wouldnt he already be there?

Dave

Post by Dave »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Dave wrote:

Not an option (middle guy)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6QAzH6c6-V4/T ... 5988_n.jpg
Not sure which is the middle of 6. But a few of them look better than either the man or the worman I know who moved there.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I think one of them missed the memo that it was going to be a hair metal band

Billie from Ockham

SM12 wrote:
johnself wrote:English isn't my first language, but which letter in LGBT is supposed to represent "Color"?
G for Green.
Exactly. Which is why it's so odd that gay men were in the group to start with.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

SM12 wrote:
johnself wrote:English isn't my first language, but which letter in LGBT is supposed to represent "Color"?
G for Green.
It could also be

L for Lilac,
Blue for Blue,
and
T for two

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

johnself

Post by johnself »

SM12 wrote:
G for Green.
Snap didn't occur to me! Obviously it was a nasty case of cultural appropriation:
http://www.solarnavigator.net/music/mus ... _piano.jpg

SM12

Post by SM12 »

SM12 wrote:
G for Green.
It was an administrative error, which is now being corrected by the LBT community.

SM12

Post by SM12 »

Let him cast the first stone, who has not trolled SJWs like that.

feathers

Post by feathers »

MarcusAu wrote:

You people are way too phunny these last few days. Is it because Jesus is dead?

Billie from Ockham

SM12 wrote:It was an administrative error, which is now being corrected by the LBT community.
If someone sets up a pool, dibs on the trans* being the last who are allowed to stay in the group.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

SM12 wrote:It was an administrative error, which is now being corrected by the LBT community.
If someone sets up a pool, dibs on the trans* being the last who are allowed to stay in the group.
No way - that is way too close to being male. My bet is on L = Last.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Bisexual men will be the next to be asked to leave. They're even "less oppressed" than gay men!

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

MarcusAu wrote:
No way - that is way too close to being male. My bet is on L = Last.
It depends on whether the TERFs or the anti-TERFs win the transgender war.

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

Ape+lust wrote:Once again it's proven Power is an aphrodisiac strong enough to squelch nausea.

Or Cruz has a dick like a 747.

http://imgur.com/ZhB3fQy.jpg

It would be wonderful if the Trump campaign was behind this coming out at this time. Things are getting pretty nasty between those two.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... /82149450/

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

Xenu

Post by Xenu »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Sorry for the outage - upgrading the password and it got out of sync.

Xenu

Post by Xenu »

Lsuoma wrote:Sorry for the outage - upgrading the password and it got out of sync.
YES it did ;)

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

paddybrown wrote:
I know, as Michael Nugent is fon of pointing out, we shouldn't be uncharitable when considering our opponents' motives, but I think this case, along with the Rolling Stone one, the Dominique Strauss-Kahn one, the actress on the London Underground platform and many others, prove one thing about feminist propagandists. They're not fighting for justice for rape victims. They are fighting to defend women's ability to destroy men's lives with lies. This is not a bug, it's a feature.

Oh I agree:
paddybrown wrote: Feminists often dismiss opposition to feminism by claiming it's just men upset at losing their undeserved power. Read what the Guardian, Salon, the Huffington Post and so on are saying about the verdict in the Ghomeshi case. Everything feminists accuse others of is projection.
I may get around to doing that, but by now I find it pretty tedious to keep reading the same old shit over and over and over. Sometime it is more fun to perturb people :

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Ericb wrote:A true Scotsman?

Seriously, wtf:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-gla ... t-35893123

:nin:
a few posts back

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Ericb wrote:A true Scotsman?

Seriously, wtf:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-gla ... t-35893123

Import the people and import the culture. Why the surprise?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Lsuoma wrote:Sorry for the outage - upgrading the password and it got out of sync.
I kept misreading that as outrage not outage. Took me five tries to make sense out of it. smh.

Billie from Ockham

Funniest label so far for the Ted Cruz shit: The Cuban Mistress Crisis

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

I thought the page was hacked by angry Bahais at the Universal House of Justice- Cyber Division.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Ericb wrote:

I thought the page was hacked by angry Bahais at the Universal House of Justice- Cyber Division.
The dhimmi know -- SHUT IT DOWN!

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

Billie from Ockham wrote:Funniest label so far for the Ted Cruz shit: The Cuban Mistress Crisis
I'm sure that will be tomorrow's headline for the New York Daily News. They have a serious hate-on for Trump.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

ffs wrote: They are not under 'suspicion of inciting racial hatred' since those who insult Islam can come from MANY races!
I remember that protest - or at least, I remember watching the TV news the day it happened. It was about the Danish Muhammad cartoons, and the media were expecting something explosive. The lunchtime news showed a fairly small group of fairly polite protesters, and a load of placards, all in obviously the same handwriting, saying things like "behead those who insult Islam" and "freedom of expression go to hell", lying ignored on the footpath. By the time of The evening news, they'd managed to drum up a gaggle of hot-headed young men to wave the placards and make a bit of noise, but there weren't many of them. I was left thinking the whole thing had been set up by the media to be a bigger deal than it was. And I wondered who it was who wrote all the placards.

Here's Snopes' take on it. And here's the undoctored photo:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZ_Z_YBWEAA6k4c.jpg