The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Lsuoma »

Forget Allahu Ackbar, here's Rubber Dinghy Rapids!

[youtube]ESOhN-SaH-s[/youtube]

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Well, there's another decent pit kill.

Phil, your record is under attack.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Well I provided evidence Watson lied. But that didn't seem to surprise anyone.

John D

Post by John D »

I've got nothing. Trump will be the next US president. Other than that I have nothing to say.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

i don't know about a new enlightenment, but I do see these campus and greater SJW movements imploding and feeding on their own.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I did like PZ's pathetic equivocation.
But every time a SETI person opens their mouth (like, for instance, Seth Shostak, who I also think is an extremely nice guy, and also very intelligent), I hear nothing but innumerate babble.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Definitive proof that the Tiger was punching down.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Brive1987 wrote:Well I provided evidence Watson lied. But that didn't seem to surprise anyone.
It was almost too much to take in for me. She really does say she used to work in a magic shop, right? That's one of her stock phrases, right?

And it turns out to be a joke store? :o :lol: :lol: :roll:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Somewhere on the Internet .....

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... 00-h150-nc

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Well I provided evidence Watson lied. But that didn't seem to surprise anyone.
It was almost too much to take in for me. She really does say she used to work in a magic shop, right? That's one of her stock phrases, right?

Yes. Magic used to equal skeptic creds so she magically pulled a rabbit from her snatch.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Tigzy wrote:
Hunt wrote:Reading PZ's SETI piece I really he doesn't really give a shit whether people pursue SETI or not. It's just another opportunity to annoy people. He really is the troll of trolls. Remember the chubby kid in high school who enjoyed annoying the jocks but enjoyed getting slapped around even more? That's PZ.
Christ, he's feeble, isn't he. Look at this:
And who wants that kind of radical life-changing event anyway? Lottery winners aren’t made happier by getting a bucket of money dumped on them,
Yes they are. But I digress -
and the results of a successful SETI search are even less certainly positive. If we aren’t beaming our hard-earned secrets of science and technology to random stars in the galaxy, why should we expect other species to do us that favor? If we use us as an example, aliens would be more likely to transmit their holy books to the stars, or the contents of bad sitcoms, or ultimatums demanding tribute or face total annihilation.
Fuck me. What a bean-counting, beige, boiled cabbage approach to the concept of discovery. His lack of vision here isn't even pedestrian; it's grudging, recessive, almost religious in it's snide attitude to the very idea of finding something so amazingly new. Yes, SETI is basically a gamble; and yes, even if that remarkable signal were to be found, there's not a lot which can be done with it, in practical terms.

But we'd know. We'd look up at night skies and know they're out there. We'd know we're not alone. I'd be willing to bet that most people here find their imagination and sense of wonder at least fired up a little by the concept. But Peez - 'Meh. Oh look, someone's dissing atheists for not being into social justice again. That's the important shit, right there.'

Twat.
Stop being obtuse. PZ is a REAL scientist. He pours Roundup into tanks filled with store-bought fish to see what will happen because no one has thought to run that experiment before.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Rebecca Watson - shut your filthy gob.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Brive1987 wrote:Somewhere on the Internet .....

Terminator: In dree years, Cyb-uh-dyne will become duh largest supplier of military combooduh systems. All stealth bom-buhs are upgraded wid Cyb-uh-dyne combooduhs, becoming fully Steersmanned. After-wuds, dey fly wid a perfect operational rec-ud. Duh Skynet Funding Bill is passed. Duh system goes online on August 4th, 1997. Human decisions are remuffed from strategic defense. Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware 2:14 AM, Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, dey try to pull duh plug. Bud Skynet is not haffing it. It tells dem to deport all duh muslims. Effry one uff dem. People are all like, 'Whud duh fuck is dis?' bud Skynet only talks abuhd goozes und ganduhs und shid. Shordly uffter-whud, Skynet declares all post men-uh-pausal vimmin are nod vimmin.

Sarah Connor: And? What happened then?

Terminator: Vell...nodding.

Sarah Connor: But why did Skynet send you back?

Terminator: No-vun sent me back. I came here to ged away from duh boring fuck-uh.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

John D wrote:I've got nothing. Trump will be the next US president. Other than that I have nothing to say.
If Hillary is indicted, he has a chance. Otherwise, zero chance of being president. If the Democratic candidate was even a remotely popular one, Trump would lose by 20 percent.

welch

Post by welch »

Brive1987 wrote:Thank me later.

http://i.imgur.com/j2jDWUn.jpg
McCreight is about to have a Ph.D in an actual scientific field and is doing research. May even have a paper or two. Once she has the degree, how many papers does she need to have done valid work, and in what journal?

Oh, and what's the citation count?

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

I have spent my morning on the chinese Aliexpress site. I was in the sewing section, where this was the standout find of the day:
Ms. PiEZ urinal, urinal wild female urinal standing, then toilet = 96 loaded

Urinal: a 61 g / box size: 15 * 10 * 15cm /
Title boxed price OPP OPP mounted hair to lose two dress, please leave a message

Shop for the store to buy FCL, professional e-commerce platform to supply, should the parents who buy a single
Please contact us additional money Oh! ~
Item specifics
Material:100% Cotton Fabric
Type:Grosgrain
Feature:Elastic
Technics:Embroidered
I would order one just to see an embroidered, cotton, elastic women's urinal in action. sadly, they don't deliver to Hong Kong (a weird feature of these Chinese online stores is that many will not ship to Hong Kong, clearly racist against Cantonese)

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shi ... 4b99216198

I think China needs to let Google back in so these poor people can access Google Translate.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Tigzy wrote:

Terminator: In dree years, Cyb-uh-dyne will become duh largest supplier of military combooduh systems. All stealth bom-buhs are upgraded wid Cyb-uh-dyne combooduhs, becoming fully Steersmanned. After-wuds, dey fly wid a perfect operational rec-ud. Duh Skynet Funding Bill is passed. Duh system goes online on August 4th, 1997. Human decisions are remuffed from strategic defense. Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware 2:14 AM, Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, dey try to pull duh plug. Bud Skynet is not haffing it. It tells dem to deport all duh muslims. Effry one uff dem. People are all like, 'Whud duh fuck is dis?' bud Skynet only talks abuhd goozes und ganduhs und shid. Shordly uffter-whud, Skynet declares all post men-uh-pausal vimmin are nod vimmin.

Terminator: No-vun sent me back. I came here to ged away from duh boring fuck-uh.
You can't do that, Tigz. That's not fair. You can't both be Pit Art Master and make Best Post Evah! Cheeky! :clap:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Really? wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Hunt wrote:Reading PZ's SETI piece I really he doesn't really give a shit whether people pursue SETI or not. It's just another opportunity to annoy people. He really is the troll of trolls. Remember the chubby kid in high school who enjoyed annoying the jocks but enjoyed getting slapped around even more? That's PZ.
Christ, he's feeble, isn't he. Look at this:
And who wants that kind of radical life-changing event anyway? Lottery winners aren’t made happier by getting a bucket of money dumped on them,
Yes they are. But I digress -
and the results of a successful SETI search are even less certainly positive. If we aren’t beaming our hard-earned secrets of science and technology to random stars in the galaxy, why should we expect other species to do us that favor? If we use us as an example, aliens would be more likely to transmit their holy books to the stars, or the contents of bad sitcoms, or ultimatums demanding tribute or face total annihilation.
Fuck me. What a bean-counting, beige, boiled cabbage approach to the concept of discovery. His lack of vision here isn't even pedestrian; it's grudging, recessive, almost religious in it's snide attitude to the very idea of finding something so amazingly new. Yes, SETI is basically a gamble; and yes, even if that remarkable signal were to be found, there's not a lot which can be done with it, in practical terms.

But we'd know. We'd look up at night skies and know they're out there. We'd know we're not alone. I'd be willing to bet that most people here find their imagination and sense of wonder at least fired up a little by the concept. But Peez - 'Meh. Oh look, someone's dissing atheists for not being into social justice again. That's the important shit, right there.'

Twat.
Stop being obtuse. PZ is a REAL scientist. He pours Roundup into tanks filled with store-bought fish to see what will happen because no one has thought to run that experiment before.
To be fair, he's moved on somewhat. He has now advanced to pointing and laughing at Chinese babies with developmental disorders.

http://i.imgur.com/OngkN9c.png

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Rebecca Watson - shut your filthy gob.
sywm.jpg
(36.95 KiB) Downloaded 424 times
FTFY.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:

[.img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... 00-h150-nc[/img]

[.tweet][/tweet]
Terminator: In dree years, Cyb-uh-dyne will become duh largest supplier of military combooduh systems. ... Bud Skynet is not haffing it. It tells dem to deport all duh muslims. Effry one uff dem. People are all like, 'Whud duh fuck is dis?' bud Skynet only talks abuhd goozes und ganduhs und shid. Shordly uffter-whud, Skynet declares all post men-uh-pausal vimmin are nod vimmin.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChqIQ-nXIAAfvCX.jpg:large
Not really, jus' kiddin' around. :-) :clap: :lol:

Particularly like "goozes und ganduhs". And "all post men-uh-pausal vimmin are nod vimmin". :-)

welch

Post by welch »

ERV wrote:
welch wrote: Dude, she said something on twitter that was really stupid. Which EVERYONE on twitter has done.

The response to that is "well, that was kind of fucking stupid"...
That was fucking stupid, for the numerous reasons people have stated, and you've cried to distract from, including 1) mirroring the 'don't call me babe' hypocrisy of historical sub-par 'snarky science communicators', 2) *she* demanded a title for credibility, rather than relying on her own work/brand, and 3) maybe, just maybe, a female scientist gets a bit testy when a self-proclaimed scientist female yells 'Wolf!/Sexism!' when it is not there.

Whether you like her or not, those are red flags. I'm sorry we were mean to your BFF. But, as I stated, I am not optimistic. Cracked open that 'feminism' escape door, juuuust in case she has to bail.

And this new found disinterest you have in experience and qualifications-- that's interesting. When you first brought Immunity Project to my attention, the first thing I did was check out the main investigator. That is what I always do-- plug an unknown person into Pubmed. We laughed at his lack of relevant research with HIV, or any pathogen. We laughed at him having only 1, completely irrelevant publication. We could discuss Elizabeth Holmes and how her shit attitude, reliance on people overlooking her flaws because they were in love with the idea of her, and lack of education and experience as a Scientist doomed Theranos.

But point out your very good Facebook friend is going to hurt herself stretching for that 'Scientist!' title, and we are all a bunch of Hitlers.

I hope her comment was a momentary lapse, and she achieves every scientists lifelong dream: her own cable TV show. ;)
Yawn.

when you get around to not talking out of your ass about what I said, strawmanning me and all the rest because I dared not suck Ph.D cock, I'll give a fuck.

dogen

Post by dogen »

welch wrote:

McCreight is about to have a Ph.D in an actual scientific field and is doing research. May even have a paper or two. Once she has the degree, how many papers does she need to have done valid work, and in what journal?

I'd say she's already a scientist -- I'm sure she's been presenting her findings at meetings and/or in papers. It's not the degree that makes the scientist, it's the things one does while working toward the degree (i.e., science).

Of course, one can do these things while not working toward a degree. The notion that one must have a degree to be a scientist is simply a misstatement of the heuristic that somebody who has a science PhD has (almost) certainly done some science.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

It was her apprenticeship at sorcery, OK Mr. narrow minded. :x

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

[.img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... 00-h150-nc[/img]
:) Though I expect it won't be long before some of the usual suspects are insisting on that, that that further outrage has "nothing to do with Islam". Horse crap. You might take a "ganduh" - or a "gooze" - at one of the latest from Anjuli Pandavar over at FTB on tomorrow's mayoral election in London, particularly the Muslim candidate, Sadiq Khan:
Barbaric as their actions may be, the “extremists” are doing nothing more than obeying Allah, the same Allah Khan, at least nominally, obeys. They receive Allah’s instructions in the Qur’an, the same Qur’an Khan reveres, and proceed from there. If Khan is not doing the same, then he is ignoring at least some of the commandments of Allah, something the Qur’an explicitly forbids and for which that same Qur’an commands every Muslim to kill Sadiq Khan. Neither Khan, nor anyone else who subscribes to freedom of religion, can condemn the extremists for practising their religion as their scripture commands, especially as that scripture explicitly places itself above all earthly law and above all human concerns. If Khan wants to be taken seriously about taking on the extremists, he is going to have to condemn not merely their actions, or their readiness to do exactly as the Qur’an says. He is going to have to condemn the Qur’an itself for commanding every Muslim, including himself, to such “extremism” on pain of death.
Some corroborating evidence underlining Pandavar's point, and that Khan is more like a wolf in sheep's clothing than not:
Sadiq Khan was accused of being unfit to become London's next mayor after footage emerged of him describing moderate Muslims of being "Uncle Toms".
Leopards and spots and all that.

free thoughtpolice

Yawn.

when you get around to not talking out of your ass about what I said, strawmanning me and all the rest because I dared not suck Ph.D cock, I'll give a fuck.
You won't admit you are wrong and you love to project this idea that it's everyone else that's strawmanning.
You also always admit when you're wrong and are never so frantic to get the last word in that you have to get abusive about it. My hero.

welch

Post by welch »

Spike13 wrote:At least we still have the Democratic Party to keep us amused.

Bernie has been taking some good shots at Shillary lately. Not a good sign that she is 't sweeping him away by this point.

This should be a juicy election cycle.
once you get out of the South, Clinton's victories have been rather humdrum, and more than a few have been < 10% margins.(6 out of the 22 states she's won, and if you look north of the mason dixon line, she's only decisively won a little over half. Out of the 8 states with open primaries that have had primaries (Montana has not yet had one), she's won: 4. Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas and Missouri. Barely in Missouri.

Even if you eliminate Caucus states, where outside of one tie and two losses, Sanders has buried her, his victories look a lot better overall. out of his 7 non-caucus victories, 5 were > 10%, one was around 5%, one was a squeaker.

That's a critical weakness for her, because it's an indication that she's not doing well outside of the party faithful. Her strengths are in the south, where her "Nixon in a skirt" policies do well, and in closed primaries, where independents are never a factor. The two key states, I *think* in terms of superdelegates are California and Oregon. If he wins both, she's going to be hurting, because that will really highlight her weaknesses outside of voters Debbie Wasserman Schultz can control. If she barely wins Cali and loses oregon, his negotiations with the superdelegates get interesting.

She'll probably take WV, NC and Jersey could go either way, who the fuck knows about South Dakota. ND being a caucus plays to sanders' strengths. Montana can be very odd, politically. If she wins Oregon and Cali by decisive margins, then he's done. But those two are her litmus. Oregon is essentially his "home turf" in terms attitude. Cali is a mixed bag of uber liberal and uber conservative.

Either way, she has no choice. She cannot win the general if she insists on ignoring his platform, or half-heartedly supporting bits and pieces of it as she has. If she wants to get the sanders voters, she's going to have to become a lot more of a liberal, which will be completely foreign to her, because Hillary Clinton, on her leftmost day, is not even fully to the left of Nixon. She's utterly unused to being anything resembling a real liberal, but I don't see her as having much of a choice if she expects to beat Trump.

(I highly doubt Sanders would go third party.)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

welch wrote:

Failing evidence to the contrary, she will move to 1.8 on receipt of her degree. A highly informed amateur doing science as a student but outside the establishment and without public acclaim.

And no. There is no mechanism for appeal.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Really? wrote: <snip>
To be fair, he's moved on somewhat. He has now advanced to pointing and laughing at Chinese babies with developmental disorders.

http://i.imgur.com/OngkN9c.png
You sure seem to have an axe to grind when it comes to PZ. I hardly think that his “Developmentally fascinating, personally tragic” qualifies as "pointing and laughing". But then maybe that's because I don't have my head up my arse and whole arm on the scales as you apparently do.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

dogen wrote:
welch wrote:

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/j2jDWUn.jpg[/img]

I'd say she's already a scientist -- I'm sure she's been presenting her findings at meetings and/or in papers. It's not the degree that makes the scientist, it's the things one does while working toward the degree (i.e., science).

Of course, one can do these things while not working toward a degree. The notion that one must have a degree to be a scientist is simply a misstatement of the heuristic that somebody who has a science PhD has (almost) certainly done some science.

"An actual scientific field". Wot unlike Dana? You shitty elitist snob. :naughty:

;)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

welch

Post by welch »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Yawn.

You won't admit you are wrong and you love to project this idea that it's everyone else that's strawmanning.
You also always admit when you're wrong and are never so frantic to get the last word in that you have to get abusive about it. My hero.
whatever dude, it's not like you care about what I've actually said. As long as it's bagging on me, you're totally down with it, accurate or not.

I have not said, as I've been accused of that SCibabe is my best friend or what have you. I follow her on facebook and find her amusing. Big diff. But, you gotta pump it up to tear it down.

I've said that this "TO THE BOG OF INFINITE STENCH WITH HER" over a fucking tweet is moronic as fuck, and the same kind of shit that people around here bag on PZ over. If she makes a HABIT of that kind of thing, that's different. Kevin Folta has accidently said some stupid shit once or twice. Doesn't mean I bog him either. Fuck, he forgot about a fairly minor vaguely related Monsanto funding check to a program at UF, and got *crucified* over it. That was fucked up too. It was stupid of him not to have checked more thoroughly for funding from that particular company, but jesus, it was a minor mistake. Wrong to crucify him over that for the same reasons.

I've never said I have some kind of disdain for qualifications and experience. Ever. That appears to be Abbie's way of justifying why I'm disagreeing with her. <shrug>.

I've said that the snobbery around you HAVE to have a Ph.D. and you HAVE to be in academia to be a "real" scientist is bullshit, and that snobbery creates a real barrier between science and the non-scientist public, which does it no fucking favors in terms of funding problems. Shitting on the people who pay for your experiments, even indirectly is usually a bad idea.

There are even, you know, "proper" scientists who don't completely disagree with that point. You should tell them they're full of shit too.

I've also said that if Abbie and other "proper" scientists don't like the fact that Scibabe has become one of the main faces of public science communication, especially in the food woo arena, that maybe they should get off their asses and fix that, if they really think it's a problem.

But, that's a morton's fork, because being a good communicator takes a lot of time and a lot of work. If those folks would rather be in the lab doing the work they consider important, great, good for them. But then suck it up when people without degrees and publications (and mind you, no one at all has said dooky against Bill Nye calling himself the science guy instead of the engineering guy, and he only has a bachelor's) who can take the time to do the communication thing start doing it in their stead. (But the science community has always sucked, as a group, at PR, and been mystified as to why that's a problem.)

Or here's an idea. it's crazy as fuck, but hear me out: Has anyone in the science community, without being a dick or patronizing or condescending emailed or Facebook messaged Scibabe and said "Hey, so I don't know if you thought about this, but from the Academic Scientist POV, when you ask to be called a "Scientist", that raises some possible issues" followed by the reasons why. I honestly don't know.

Not calling her a shitlord, or any other name. Not attacking her or putting her on the defensive. Just expressing why her tweet could be a problem for some folks in the sciences. You know, like grownups would do. Like PZ has never once been arsed to do. I mean, the email wouldn't take long to write, and if you at least give it a reasonable try, and she rejects it with some lame thing, okay, fine, she's an asshole, put her on ignore and move on.

But there's also a chance that she, upon being approached reasonably and rationally, might respond in the same way. It is entirely possible this might happen. It is also entirely possible it might go the other way. but if no one with the right (Academic Sciences) background even TRIES, then shit, you're hanging her without even TRYING to give her a chance to pull her head out of the noose, and that IS some PZ shit there. Unlike Watson, she's at least done something that is measurably "good" in terms of blunting Vani Hari's momentum. I think that should make it worth a try.

Are y'all that angry at the FTB/Orbit lot out that you aren't even willing to TRY the other way first?

welch

Post by welch »

Yawn.

Also, I thought you were ignoring me.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: Yes. Magic used to equal skeptic creds so she magically pulled a rabbit from her snatch.
A coney from her coney?

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=coney

dogen

Post by dogen »

Brive1987 wrote:
dogen wrote:
welch wrote: McCreight is about to have a Ph.D in an actual scientific field and is doing research. May even have a paper or two. Once she has the degree, how many papers does she need to have done valid work, and in what journal?

"An actual scientific field". Wot unlike Dana? You shitty elitist snob. :naughty:

;)
Welch is butthurt that the sand in his vagina only has a diploma.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Really? wrote: Stop being obtuse. PZ is a REAL scientist. He pours Roundup into tanks filled with store-bought fish to see what will happen because no one has thought to run that experiment before.
Uhh, yeah, they have:
blinky.jpg
(100.24 KiB) Downloaded 365 times

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I really don't see why Welch thinks a 1.8 or 2.8 is so bad.

-----
3. ......
...... 2

In terms of 'man in the street' status the grades overlap. Better for the ego to be a Dr Karl populariser than a low level "get to call yourself a scientist" boffin. Better in my mind to have a PhD than a low impact science blog (hello Rebecca).

The matrix is about the use of the title "scientist" not personal worth.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hmm. Formatting does not flow. Ok. Noted.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Yawn.

And you've hit the nail on the head. Welch is never going to admit he's wrong. He will switch to caps lock or use insults that only work if you're an aging southern belle and are almost as cringe-worthy as his "please honky".

I only see him when somebody quotes him, but it's clear he still has issues.
13f87df683250d86fb80797e68890c92.jpg
(103.03 KiB) Downloaded 372 times

free thoughtpolice

welch wrote:
Yawn.

Also, I thought you were ignoring me.
You said that more than once but I didn't attempt to correct you.
Is it possible that you were wrong about that?
Maybe you confused me with someone else?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

A real science blogger:

http://i.imgur.com/gVhklhC.png

Aneris

Philosophy of South Park & SJWs

Post by Aneris »

Must see, Philosophy of South Park & contenporary culture (PC, social justice warriors, Trump etc). It could do without the postmodernists, but given the subject here, spot on. Another interesting take where many themes shine through, yet from a different angle, e.g. doing-nothing SJ activisim as self advertisement, companies using tokenism and PC as something you can buy into — so it rubs off on you (like with any any branding), i.e. buy wholefoods and become a morally better person (without changing anything).

[youtube]MG7y8J0DXhU[/youtube]

Now with religious components (not explored there), it gets really interesting, but I have to do the regreta for now. ;)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

In other news, the sun rose this morning.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I just got hard.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

I wonder if this will be a trend.
Personally, I avoid opinion piece blogs without comments. I tend to get agitated if I disagree and cannot tell the writer or other commenters why they are wrong.
https://archive.is/7XrHL
http://i.imgur.com/KNrgAOXg.png

free thoughtpolice

I didn't know J's arms were that hairy! :shock:

free thoughtpolice

Also, I wish they could all be california girls!
[youtube]5uZo7gDaWwk[/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

HoneyWagon wrote:I wonder if this will be a trend.
Personally, I avoid opinion piece blogs without comments. I tend to get agitated if I disagree and cannot tell the writer or other commenters why they are wrong.
https://archive.is/7XrHL
http://i.imgur.com/KNrgAOXg.png
Somethings were never meant to be.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... 20-h240-nc

free thoughtpolice

I don't know Brive, Miri might allow you to disagree with her if you're not too toxically masculine. :ugeek:

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

No comment section is pretty close to the same as no readership when your audience is SJWs.

No point reading a story if they can't chime in with how it's all about them.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Thinking about going to this. Could ask Heina if she finished her book yet or not.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=57AE0097
Heina has never been to anything IIG related AFAIK...but she is "appearing live" for some reason.
Using that massive "The Orbit blogger" clout I s'pose.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

How do you know I don't have a vagina?

But really. What a petulant little whine. Oh the pain of micro aggressions. It's worth following the archive link provided above.

Compare this to Dunning who at least made a case for erecting a silo.
Here's what does: the fucking pedantry. The nitpicking of one word and its exact meaning out of an article of 2,500. The “but you didn’t cover [my pet issue].” The “but based on the headline I thought this would be about [topic] so why isn’t it about that.” The “but what about [extreme hypothetical that could theoretically disprove your argument if it were at all likely to happen].” The “but my experience with [mental illness/sexual assault/polyamory/being queer/etc] was different so why didn’t you write about that.” The “but this advice doesn’t apply to my situation so why are you making me do it?” (Y’all: I’m a random writer with a blog. I can’t make you do anything. Take it or leave it.) The entitlement, the presumption that in return for the immense kindness you do me by reading my work, I should do it exactly the way you want it. The constant condescending and passive-aggressive implications that I should state my points less confidently, with less certainty, with even more hedging and disclaiming than I already do. (Would you say that to a fucking man? Would you?) The devil’s advocates offering their unsolicited coaching on how I should argue my own opinions.The ageism. Oh, the fucking ageism. Yes, I’m young so I know nothing. Joke’s on you for wasting your time on my blog.

Really?

Post by Really? »

HoneyWagon wrote:Thinking about going to this. Could ask Heina if she finished her book yet or not.
Heina has never been to anything IIG related AFAIK...but she is "appearing live" for some reason.
While you are there, could you ask Carrie Poppy if she is Andy Kaufman because that is really the only explanation/justification.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I see no sense in reading a blog if there is no option to comment on it. To me that is part of what makes a blog a blog. Even if I don't comment that often.

It's a back and forth. I mean otherwise what is the point in reading some rando's opinions?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

HoneyWagon wrote:Thinking about going to this. Could ask Heina if she finished her book yet or not.
Can you get me an autograph of the Adam Conover video? I dig that guy.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Really? wrote:
While you are there, could you ask Carrie Poppy if she is Andy Kaufman because that is really the only explanation/justification.
That Ross guy is brave to be working with Poppy. It's only a matter of time before she turns on him.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

IIG need to limit their SJ quota. And update their awards page.

http://www.iigwest.com/iigawards/

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Brive1987 wrote:How do you know I don't have a vagina?

But really. What a petulant little whine. Oh the pain of micro aggressions. It's worth following the archive link provided above.

Compare this to Dunning who at least made a case for erecting a silo.
Here's what does: the fucking pedantry. The nitpicking of one word and its exact meaning out of an article of 2,500. The “but you didn’t cover [my pet issue].” The “but based on the headline I thought this would be about [topic] so why isn’t it about that.” The “but what about [extreme hypothetical that could theoretically disprove your argument if it were at all likely to happen].” The “but my experience with [mental illness/sexual assault/polyamory/being queer/etc] was different so why didn’t you write about that.” The “but this advice doesn’t apply to my situation so why are you making me do it?” (Y’all: I’m a random writer with a blog. I can’t make you do anything. Take it or leave it.) The entitlement, the presumption that in return for the immense kindness you do me by reading my work, I should do it exactly the way you want it. The constant condescending and passive-aggressive implications that I should state my points less confidently, with less certainty, with even more hedging and disclaiming than I already do. (Would you say that to a fucking man? Would you?) The devil’s advocates offering their unsolicited coaching on how I should argue my own opinions.The ageism. Oh, the fucking ageism. Yes, I’m young so I know nothing. Joke’s on you for wasting your time on my blog.
Looks like she's had enough of the special snowflakes. I can't really fault her for that. It will be the death of her blog though since special snowflakes is all she has for readership and they will not be silenced by Miri's violence.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Excited then confused. Angry and now resigned.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... XLg_QF6yTQ