The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Service Dog

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Service Dog »

comhcinc wrote:At the very least Japs are both Asian and Pacific Islanders right?
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... Dancer.gif

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Only a birther would doubt the Hawaiian President's expertise on this issue.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-of ... heritage-m

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

MarcusAu wrote:
comhcinc wrote:At the very least Japs are both Asian and Pacific Islanders right?
I believe the PC term is Nips
All I know is that they are shifty eyed and a wise government rounds them up.

[youtube]tE53-GKS_rQ[/youtube]

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

comhcinc wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
All I know is that they are shifty eyed and a wise government rounds them up.

[youtube]tE53-GKS_rQ[/youtube]
Don't get all Steersman on us.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

It's not me, it's Batman.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Maybe, I saw a wartime Bugs Bunny cartoon where he referred to them as "slant-eyes" and "monkey-face", so I think those count as well. If Holywood approves of those monikers, they must be PC!

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: No it doesn't. It specifically restricts itself to Asian/Pacific Islanders.
You understand that is normal race classification thing right? I have been seeing that way since I was in elementary school.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_Pacific_American

I expect 20 hindu squats along with your apologie.
You're missing my point. I'm not saying Islanders aren't people of color. I'm saying Bangladeshis and Pakistanis and Chinese, along with billions of others, are not allowed to be called people of color by this person.
I think it's just poorly written, like that never happens in U.S. university publications these days. :roll:

Read the same way, the earlier Black/African American excludes anyone whose ancestry is sub-Saharan African. I saw it as "Black and/or African American" and "Asian and/or Pacific Islander" but maybe I am just being charitable to the author. The English language is dead, long live Cantonese! (No seriously, we should all start learning it, just in case. :mrgreen: )

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I would read it as Asian and/or Pacific Islander but I really don't think those are two ethnic groups that should be mixed together.

In censuses.

Before someone takes that out of context.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I would read it as Asian and/or Pacific Islander but I really don't think those are two ethnic groups that should be mixed together.

In censuses.

Before someone takes that out of context.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Rayshul doesn't believe in race mixing. Noted.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

comhcinc wrote:Rayshul doesn't believe in race mixing. Noted.
:o

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

MarcusAu wrote:

It's Nips of Colour you racist scum.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

rayshul wrote:
What? That's what you said. I mean I didn't read your entire post.......

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

I don't see why it would matter to anyone even if he was.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

rayshul wrote:
Miscegenation! The bane and fear of Mint Julip sippers for generations.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Spike13 wrote:
rayshul wrote:
Miscegenation! The bane and fear of Mint Julip sippers for generations.
[youtube]Q3eTSbC3neA[/youtube]

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

hm

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

rayshul wrote:hm

See the fun of this is we know people read here looking to get dirt on us and now there is a good chance someone is going to read this and go somewhere else and make those claims about you.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

comhcinc wrote:
rayshul wrote:hm
See the fun of this is we know people read here looking to get dirt on us and now there is a good chance someone is going to read this and go somewhere else and make those claims about you.
I typed hm because I was trying to get the date stamp quickly so I knew how long I'd been out at the park (comparing it to my last post). I could have posted a penis. Pretend I did this instead:

:cdc:

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

So I asked the bloke in our village, who was out with his dogs just now, if locals minded being called 'Asian', and he said ' You mean people like Indians and Philippines? Yeah, we better than them'.

I can't vouch for this being the same on the mainland, but the Cantonese are really racist, and anyone 'brownskinned' will have a shitty time here. Had a friend who married a Bangladeshi refugee, they eventually left because they got sick of being stopped by police at least once a week for 'random' checks. So lumping Cantonese in with all of the Asian continent AND Pacific Islanders is like really, really insulting.

But don't go thinking you can call Hong Kong locals Chinese, because many of them hate that as well. They consider they have a better language (because it is hard to learn and therefore more prestigious than mainland Chinese), they have 'whiter' skin. The women spend big on skin whitening products, and walk around with umbrellas 24/7, because having brown skin means you are common outside worker scum.

Then there is Japan, all Chinese hate the Japanese - we all got a day off last year to celebrate the '70 year anniversary of the Chinese domination of the war-mongering Japanese forces' (aka the end of WWII, which I thought the Americans had something to do with, but apparently not).

This Asian/Pacific thing is obviously just another example of American Imperialism, and Hong Kong / China should be excluded. Just so long as you accept that artificially created sand-banks in the Philippines are obviously Chinese, you can call all the other bits Asian and we'll all get on just fine.

Git

Post by Git »

comhcinc wrote:Try to protect people...........

http://i.imgur.com/PDkGy.jpg
Bloody hell, Arthur Scargill has let himself go hasn't he?

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Aneris

Böhmermann strikes again.

Post by Aneris »

Jan Böhmermann reemerged and did another awesome stunt two days ago. There is this cringey TV show on a channel with the reputation for being underclass television. It's called "looking for the daughter-in-law" and comes across as kind of dating show. But of course the premise is already about people who are not traditionally sucessful in finding a partner. For some reason people go there probably aware that they are being laughed at by the marginally better off viewers (or maybe not).

Böhmermann and his team now planted a candiate of their own, carefully coming up with a most cringe-inducing character ever: a twenty-something living with his alcoholic father who of course never had a girlfriend, likes reptilians and collects turtles (but as decoration made from porcelain or as plush toys). He also likes trains, because they go into the wide world and can make you dream of going somewhere.

As it turned out, the TV team for this show took the bait and made it even worse. They managed to crank up the cringey qualities presented already up to eleven. Decorated the flat with more turtle decoration, filmed how the lonely young man goes to see real turtles in a zoo shop, allegedly a hobby of his and such things. Böhmermann's team captured the most cyncical process in all its glory and of course gloated over the results of their stunt in his Neo Royale Show (like we gloat when Elfwick or whoever is accepted as genuine).

You never know with Böhmermann, as he could also make a fake-fake, only pretending that he did plant someone, but that one is again genuine. This whole thing now made another huge splash, where even the media overseers (think ethics in journalism) took note, and might investigate, and the rubbish TV channel who produced the show instantly fired the team and replaced it with another one for the upcoming season, or so they say. Of course they are pretending as if this was a one-time oversight, though nobody is buying it. Of course this is exactly the point and method of such reality TV shows.

Böhmermann, media-savvy as he is, has dubbed this #Verafake (in case you look for more on this), a name that pins it to the motherly presenter of the TV show, named Vera Int-Veen.

http://i.imgur.com/8hqaM0D.png

In case you are curious enough, here is the segment on YouTube. In case the caption and translation isn't on already, find the "CC" button underneath the video, then click on the gear icon and set the language you want. Don't know how good the quality of the auto-translate is, but you should get the gist.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

P J O'Rourke bites the bullet in a Daily Beast piece that begins:
I endorse Hilary Clinton for president. She is the second worst thing that could happen to America.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... -know.html

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

comhcinc wrote:I'm not wrong because it's common in the U.S. ....
Just because a word/phrase usage/definition is common that doesn't automatically make it right, or sensible, or coherent. Or racist or sexist - or not - as the case may be ....

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Really? wrote:snip
This is dumb. Watson can't now disavow use of the term "skepchick". Adam and Jamie will always be Mythbusters. Ringo will always be a Beatle. You can't call yourself SciBabe and trade on your sex appeal and then bitch twelve seconds later when someone calls you SciBabe and mentions your femaleness as only one aspect of your shit.
Did you not hear the great and powerful Welch? She is a scientist, full stop. She wouldn't dream of using her own copy against her sponsors for oppression points. That would make Welch's tantrum and flounce meaningless.
Far be it from me to weigh in on whether Welch's "tantrum and flounce" were meaningless or not - fools rush in and all that - but on the question of whether SciBabe - and "Debbie" - are scientists, I think he might well have a point. At least from the point of view of a common definition for the term:
sci·en·tist (sī′ən-tĭst)
n. A person who is engaged in and has expert knowledge of a science, especially a biological or physical science.
Maybe a moot point about how much one must be "engaged in" to qualify - Warp Factor 2?, Warp Factor 9? - but I rather doubt anyone could prove that either of them don't have some degree of "expert knowledge of a science".

However, if the definition was "produces science" - analogous to the definition for woman, i.e., "produces ova" - then one might well have a case. Although there too some might feel that their ox was being gored, and raise an objection or two ....

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

feathers wrote:
Mark Oppenheimer wrote:Mr. Taunton runs the Fixed Point Foundation, which organizes debates between Christians and atheists. In September 2010, five months after Mr. Hitchens’s diagnosis of cancer, he and “Hitch” drove the 13 hours from Mr. Hitchens’s home in Washington, D.C., to a Fixed Point debate in Birmingham, Ala. The next month, after an event in Billings, Mont., they took a seven-hour trip to, and around, Yellowstone National Park.

As Mr. Taunton drove, Mr. Hitchens read aloud from the Gospel of John and mulled over the precise reason Jesus wept at the death of Lazarus. “Where is grace in the Old Testament?” Hitchens asked at one point, in Mr. Taunton’s telling. “I see it in the New Testament, but God is different in the Old Testament,” Mr. Hitchens observed, leading to a discussion of God’s covenant with Abraham.

Based principally on these conversations, Mr. Taunton concluded that Mr. Hitchens was seeking — and that he was, at least, open to — the possibility that Christianity was true. Perhaps, Mr. Taunton writes, Mr. Hitchens “used his position as a journalist as a kind of professional cover for a very personal inquiry” into the faith.
And that, it seems, is the extent of his evidence. How can this fill a whole book, I wonder. But certainly people who manage to devote whole libraries of books to a speculative higher entity and his endeavours in human affairs should have no trouble with that.
What a load of nonsense.

Many years ago I worked as the technical director for a production of the musical "Fashion". The work included a bunch of trips to various suppliers in and around downtown Los Angeles to pick up fabric, lumber, lighting equipment, and so on. I ended up spending quite a few hours in a panel truck with one guy who was nice enough, but both very religious and very loquacious.

I've been an atheist since third grade Sunday school. But religious school plus my own reading have given me a pretty good knowledge of the bible.

And when you have to spend many hours in close quarters with someone who really wants to talk about God, saying at the outset that you're a lifelong atheist and think the bible is a nasty bit of work didn't seem like the greatest idea. So instead I called on my knowledge and we spent the time discussing the lessons Jesus taught and how they should be interpreted today. I never said I was a believer though.

I'm pretty sure that the guy, if asked, would have described me as on the path to faith, or something along those lines. But being able to talk the talk doesn't mean you're walking the walk.

That was the last time I worked as a technical director though. Not because of the guy in the truck - I actually enjoyed the conversation. It was the dozens - hundreds - of phone calls I had to make to arrange to get all that stuff. To this day I actively dislike calling people I don't know.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Latsot gets himself a white knight.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Latsot comes out swinging.

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/z7XFKKu.jpg[/img]
Latsot is seriously weird. He often goes off on nonsensical tangents, or claim that he cant' see what people show him. Having a conversation with him is a bizarre experience.
Seem to recollect a conversation - of sorts - with him on one of Nugent's posts which seemed a little "bizarre". However, I kind of seem to recollect he's some place in China, and there may be an issue with English as a second language. And while it might be a stretch, I don't think it improbable that, given China's policies on Internet use, what he sees in various tweets isn't what the rest of the world sees.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Brive1987 wrote:Latsot gets himself a white knight.

[.tweet][/tweet]
Not at all. Just looks like you have a bit of an axe to grind, some questionable if not petty obsessiveness, when it comes to some of the usual suspects.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Steersman wrote:
comhcinc wrote:I'm not wrong because it's common in the U.S. ....
Just because a word/phrase usage/definition is common that doesn't automatically make it right, or sensible, or coherent. Or racist or sexist - or not - as the case may be ....
Don't dot dot dot me.

I am right. The fact that you decided to hide my complete quote is proof you know that too.

Fucking sad.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Those two deserve each other.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:I've found out the secret identity of our Steers: he's Lawrence Logic!
:) Kind of harsh there, mate. I'm cut to the quick - ask of me on the morrow and all that. ;-)

But I might suggest that what "Mr Logic" is doing is not logic and reason, but rationalization - at least in the pejorative sense:
Rationalization (psychology), a psychological defense mechanism in which perceived controversial behaviors are logically justified also known as "making excuses".

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Steersman wrote:And while it might be a stretch, I don't think it improbable that given China's policies on Internet use what he sees in various tweets isn't what the rest of the world sees.
FTFY

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Steersman wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

Latsot is seriously weird. He often goes off on nonsensical tangents, or claim that he cant' see what people show him. Having a conversation with him is a bizarre experience.
Seem to recollect a conversation - of sorts - with him on one of Nugent's posts which seemed a little "bizarre". However, I kind of seem to recollect he's some place in China, and there may be an issue with English as a second language. And while it might be a stretch, I don't think it improbable that, given China's policies on Internet use, what he sees in various tweets isn't what the rest of the world sees.
He's English.

And if you want to come out of thin air to tell people I'm being a dickhead again then you can get fucked.

I would be more politely nuanced - but you need to 'get' that message.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Cnutella wrote:P J O'Rourke bites the bullet in a Daily Beast piece that begins:
I endorse Hilary Clinton for president. She is the second worst thing that could happen to America.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... -know.html
That's pretty much how i feel.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Steersman wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

You're getting Latty mixed up with Theophontes, he of 'Rebecca Watson is just like Martin Luther King' fame and hordeling resident in China. Latty comes from oop North in the UK, and in a bizarre coincidence lives just down the road from a fellow Pitter. Though I'm saying - as they say oop North - nowt more baht 'at. Whippets, flatcaps etc etc.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: <snip>

You're getting Latty mixed up with Theophontes, he of 'Rebecca Watson is just like Martin Luther King' fame and hordeling resident in China. Latty comes from oop North in the UK, and in a bizarre coincidence lives just down the road from a fellow Pitter. Though I'm saying - as they say oop North - nowt more baht 'at. Whippets, flatcaps etc etc.
Ah, right you are - thanks for the info; I stand corrected. [ta da]

Though I think that latsot had also weighed in at Nugent's blog on PZ's "haven for rapists" comment, and had certainly blogged about it (here).

In any case, I still think it highly questionable what latsot meant by his "there's no monkey there". Maybe he was just being intentionally obtuse, or maybe the JPG was truncated (maybe a stretch), or maybe what he saw was a scene from 2001: A Space Odyssey in which an actor portrayed, supposedly, the first human. But I don't think that really detracts from the points in my original tweet and comment on the issue.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Engaging Steersman will prove exactly as fruitful as it always does. Even Steersman must agree with that.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Black Skeptics is a US group, using terms for race & ethnicity that are standard in US bureaucratic enumeration (government, education, etc).

Any person with dark skin who doesn't fall into one of the other categories would be considered "Black/African American", including an indigenous person from Australia.

A person from North or South Africa who lives in the US and who isn't black could very reasonably check the "Black/African American" box but presumably wouldn't be considered by the Black Skeptics for their grant.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Engaging Steersman will prove exactly as fruitful as it always does. Even Steersman must agree with that.
If you would have said he must disagree with that you would have caught him in a logic trap and we would be done with him.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Steersman wrote:

[.tweet][/tweet]
Not at all. Just looks like you have a bit of an axe to grind, some questionable if not petty obsessiveness, when it comes to some of the usual suspects.
http://www.nofactzone.net/wp-content/im ... t-take.jpg

CaptainFluffyBunny

comhcinc wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Engaging Steersman will prove exactly as fruitful as it always does. Even Steersman must agree with that.
If you would have said he must disagree with that you would have caught him in a logic trap and we would be done with him.
I fear he is actually quite, quite mad. While I don't believe in internet diagnoses per se, does anybody have a better explanation?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
I fear he is actually quite, quite mad. While I don't believe in internet diagnoses per se, does anybody have a better explanation?
He is an idiot.

CaptainFluffyBunny

I am very serious, by the way. I have been guilty more than most of either engaging or baiting him. But now I have an uncomfortable feeling. Tell me I'm wrong.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

So am I. He is just an idiot.

CaptainFluffyBunny

While I don't think he should be wonderized, there does seem something profoundly wrong with him.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Well, people will come to their own conclusions. Steersman, I am honestly not insulting you.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Preggo & Hubby are at the hospital, having their babby. Or else it's a false alarm. Either way, I'm alone in the apartment. And when the babyh comes, I've gotta move out. I still don't have a clear plan for that. Which gave me a moment of panic, earlier. But it's a cool, quiet night & I just heard a distant freight train whistle. Comforting.

Also comforting to listen to Gavin Mcinness lure a random fella into being politically berated/ and then the folk singer (of all things!) actually lived-up to the title 'folk singer'-- calmly & articulately holding his own & exposing what a petty little bully McInness is (and always has-been). Go back to Canada, you immigrant piece of shit! Spoiled little rich punk! You're taking our jobs & profits, & selling-out our subcultures.

Why didn't this video turn-out like all the pwnage Milo & Gavin &... all the rest, churn out? Because the folk singer didn't use all the SJW excuses to avoid engaging. Instead he used his brain & complete sentences & had done his homework.

Gavin ends-up quoting Bill Whittle-- now THERE'S a useless gasbag. He may think he's anti-SJW. But Whittle used to delete my comments, back when he was a blogger. So he's just totalitarian filth. Also, I've noticed Gavin's new ruse to blatantly offer fake statistics. He thinks it's cute, like it proves the other-guy hasn't done proper fact-checking. But it's bad-faith nonsense. All it proves is, Gavin McInness is a liar. He says the War On Terror in Iraq & Afghanistan only cost "$600 Million". Gibberish.

Hooray for the little guy:
[youtube]QTtroLDnh9U[/youtube]

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Preggo & Hubby are at the hospital, having their babby. Or else it's a false alarm. Either way, I'm alone in the apartment. And when the babyh comes, I've gotta move out. I still don't have a clear plan for that. Which gave me a moment of panic, earlier. But it's a cool, quiet night & I just heard a distant freight train whistle. Comforting.

Also comforting to listen to Gavin Mcinness lure a random fella into being politically berated/ and then the folk singer (of all things!) actually lived-up to the title 'folk singer'-- calmly & articulately holding his own & exposing what a petty little bully McInness is (and always has-been). Go back to Canada, you immigrant piece of shit! Spoiled little rich punk! You're taking our jobs & profits, & selling-out our subcultures.

Why didn't this video turn-out like all the pwnage Milo & Gavin &... all the rest, churn out? Because the folk singer didn't use all the SJW excuses to avoid engaging. Instead he used his brain & complete sentences & had done his homework.

Gavin ends-up quoting Bill Whittle-- now THERE'S a useless gasbag. He may think he's anti-SJW. But Whittle used to delete my comments, back when he was a blogger. So he's just totalitarian filth. Also, I've noticed Gavin's new ruse to blatantly offer fake statistics. He thinks it's cute, like it proves the other-guy hasn't done proper fact-checking. But it's bad-faith nonsense. All it proves is, Gavin McInness is a liar. He says the War On Terror in Iraq & Afghanistan only cost "$600 Million". Gibberish.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Steersman wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Steersman wrote:Seem to recollect a conversation - of sorts - with him on one of Nugent's posts which seemed a little "bizarre". However, I kind of seem to recollect he's some place in China, and there may be an issue with English as a second language. And while it might be a stretch, I don't think it improbable that, given China's policies on Internet use, what he sees in various tweets isn't what the rest of the world sees.
Ah, right you are - thanks for the info; I stand corrected. [ta da]

Though I think that latsot had also weighed in at Nugent's blog on PZ's "haven for rapists" comment, and had certainly blogged about it (here).

In any case, I still think it highly questionable what latsot meant by his "there's no monkey there". Maybe he was just being intentionally obtuse, or maybe the JPG was truncated (maybe a stretch), or maybe what he saw was a scene from 2001: A Space Odyssey in which an actor portrayed, supposedly, the first human. But I don't think that really detracts from the points in my original tweet and comment on the issue.
IIRC, one of latsot's redeeming qualities is that he's a Pratchett fan and I guess he made a reference to this (which I posted before, you numbskulls): http://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Monkey

Gads, don't make :twatson: of yourselves.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:While I don't think he should be wonderized, there does seem something profoundly wrong with him.
I expect it will be a serious stretch, but you might at least try wrapping your brain around the idea that it's likely more a case, on your part and that of idiots like comhcinc, of "in the eye of the beholder". That the problem is less with the message and the transmitter than with the receivers.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Service Dog wrote:Preggo & Hubby are at the hospital, having their babby. Or else it's a false alarm. Either way, I'm alone in the apartment. And when the babyh comes, I've gotta move out. I still don't have a clear plan for that. Which gave me a moment of panic, earlier. But it's a cool, quiet night & I just heard a distant freight train whistle. Comforting.

Not to be too prosiac in light of your musings, but do you have shelter lined up for when baby comes home?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Eskarina wrote:
Steersman wrote: <snip>

IIRC, one of latsot's redeeming qualities is that he's a Pratchett fan and I guess he made a reference to this (which I posted before, you numbskulls): http://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Monkey

Not sure what your point is. Did latsot actually make some reference, particularly in the context of those tweet exchanges with Brive, to a Pratchett story and characters? Because mine was that the 2nd image from the left is exactly an iconic image from 2001:

http://1850516970.rsc.cdn77.org/wordpre ... 4-1080.jpg

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Cnutella wrote:
[.img]http://www.nofactzone.net/wp-content/im ... t-take.jpg[/img]
:lol:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The only upside to this Asian/Pacific Islander nonsense, is the sheer number of Hindu squats are gonna payoff for y'all, bigtime.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Steersman wrote:
Eskarina wrote:

Not sure what your point is. Did latsot actually make some reference, particularly in the context of those tweet exchanges with Brive, to a Pratchett story and characters? Because mine was that the 2nd image from the left is exactly an iconic image from 2001:

http://1850516970.rsc.cdn77.org/wordpre ... 4-1080.jpg
No, he just stated that the second picture from the left does not portray a monkey. The librarian of Unseen University, who is an orangutan, would enthusiastically agree. Ape=okay, monkey /= okay.

Ook!

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Service Dog wrote:Preggo & Hubby are at the hospital, having their babby. Or else it's a false alarm. Either way, I'm alone in the apartment. And when the babyh comes, I've gotta move out. I still don't have a clear plan for that. Which gave me a moment of panic, earlier. But it's a cool, quiet night & I just heard a distant freight train whistle. Comforting.

[youtube QTtroLDnh9U[/youtube]

I have never liked Gavin. He has always come off as just a bully. A bully that targets people who do not normally fight back. He likes to ramp up the yelling and shit and you can tell he thinks of himself as a badass.

My only enjoyment of him is that at some point he is going to try that shit on some dude who is going to knock the shit out him.

I will watch the video later tonight.

Xenu

Post by Xenu »

Meanwhile, back in orbit.. Niki the asexual erotica writer finally describes how this is not contradictory at all....and seemingly takes a jab at transwomen?!

http://the-orbit.net/seriously/2016/05/ ... #more-1584
The relief though? Oh my fuck, the relief. See, asexuality comes in a plethora of ways. Me, it’s the “I can watch/read/write erotica, but anything involving my body or the female body in general – I can’t deal with” sort. Hell, I could watch the very rare amount of porn with trans men, and be fine, because it’s not a female body, duh.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

My god this is an asylum.

I make a tongue in cheek picture with just enough 'model' for it to operate on a couple of levels. The monkey/ape/humanoid thing using a primative tool was a fucking joke - pitted against RW.

Latsot goes tard out of the blue and tells me my scientific graphic is ironically bad.
I tell him it was a meta joke.
Mr Shit For Brains comes back with 'all I see is bad science'.
I tell him it was opinion not science.
Mr SFBs tells me he sees 'bullshit masquerading as science'.
I tell him I see a monkey - ie it is a fucking joke, not science.
In reply to this Mr SFBs tells me there is no monkey. Implication being the pics bad science not joke.
I tell Mr Aspie to get glasses.
Steersman materialises to tell me I am a dickhead. Again.

And pitters now want to debate whether it was a monkey or ape because on some fucked up level Mr SFBs may have some sort of decontextualised irrelevant point of detail.

Read the flow people's.

http://i.imgur.com/LKGNonW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ptHiStf.jpg

Well this is how I spent today. Climbing hills.

http://i.imgur.com/9GvZde0.jpg

For all that you can have my vid again. Just to remind us of the real bad guys.

[youtube]taaWK_3LSdQ[/youtube]