The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
deLurch

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by deLurch »

Billie from Ockham wrote:Sure seems that way. Any chance that she lives in Colorado? If so, we can all suggest an appropriate lawyer, as my guess is that she'll soon need one.
Nope. East coast.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Well, this is bound to rustle some jimmies!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/j ... incomplete

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Service Dog wrote:Spike Lee made a documentary called 2FistsUp about the black protests at Missou.

There's a section about Melissa Click, edited to make it appear Mark Scheirbecker hit Melissa Click.
The Melissa Click part begins around 46 minutes in:

http://theundefeated.com/videos/spike-l ... 2-fists-up

The unabashed bullshit spoken in just that one segment makes any black person speaking in the black power idiom sound like a liar, by association. I don't know if I could watch the whole thing without conditioning myself to become a paranoid racist.
There are two misleading aspects to that segment that I can see. First, Mark S. is named and then a different reporter & cameraman team is shown a few moments later, which would easily be mis-interpreted by anyone who doesn't know what Mark S. looks like.

Second, while the black student is correct that there is no law preventing *him* from putting his hand in front of a camera, the First Amendment has been ruled as prohibiting a public official from doing the same. Therefore, if Melissa Click was on the quad in her role as employee of a public university, then she should not have put up her hand. Of course, the reporter immediately grabbing her arm was even more inappropriate, but the previous implication that an employee of a state university can censor the media is still incorrect.

Billie from Ockham

http://i.imgur.com/3QnHrzg.jpg

There is only one explanation for the above (and when I find out who did it, I'm coming after your ass, Mykeru-style): I've been doxxed to The Orbit to the extent that someone told them that today is my birthday.

There is not enough popcorn in the world for this one.

Billie from Ockham

Dave wrote:The problem is, it is unethical for her to continue to deal with him if she knows he is represented by counsel. This is actually one of the things that can get an attorney disbarred. So whether by design or not, he has actually put her in a bit of a pickle by indicating that he is represented but refusing to provide details.
:nin:

(I really shouldn't post when I'm more than a page behind....)

Billie from Ockham

some guy wrote:Well, I'm coming around to the point of view that this actually was a smart tactic for her, although the rule does say that she has to "know" he has an attorney on the case. And IMO, Mykeru's bluster on the topic ("yeah, my cousin vinny, and a bunch of other people are interested in the case") and then the evasion when pointedly asked, falls well short of giving her knowledge he has one.

Indeed, the reasonable interpretation is that he doesn't have one, and so (IMO) she would be safe still dealing with him, *if* she wanted to, and her "well, I'll take your non-answer as an affirmative declaration that you have an attorney and so will now only deal with them" reply shows she doesn't. Probably because, as Brive pointed out, she probably don't want to be dealing with the crazy that Mykeru brings.

But its all been good for the lulz, and I'm hoping Mykeru will now tell her he doesn't current have an attorney on the case so the exchanges can continue. :popcorn:
When Mykeru wrote this... http://i.imgur.com/aLpZHba.png ...Rule 4.2 kicked in. There is a specific process to use when a represented adversary won't name their lawyer. Plus, if you've already cited a bunch of precedents in a Scary Letter that don't actually support what you're saying, you damn well better err on the side of caution from that point on.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Billie from Ockham wrote::nin:
(I really shouldn't post when I'm more than a page behind....)
You have a way of phrasing things so as to elucidate other implications of the facts at hand.

When it comes to lawyers, most everyone else here is arguing from ignorance & speculation.

Billie from Ockham

Michael J wrote:Almost fell for it again
Crap. I'm soooo gullible. I'm now having a sad.

Billie from Ockham

rayshul wrote:Mykeru's line "I believe I made it clear the conditions under which I would give you access to my council..." indicates that he does have legal representation.
And Mykeru is also fully within his rights to not name his lawyer when no case has been filed. But that doesn't change the fact that he ... as in: Mykeru ... effectively shut down these negotiations in the absence of a suit.

Billie from Ockham

Brive1987 wrote:
rayshul wrote:Mykeru's line "I believe I made it clear the conditions under which I would give you access to my council..." indicates that he does have legal representation.
I think he was saying he wouldn't bother activating his counsel (ie authorise them to charge hours) until there was cause. Until then he is his own counsel. That she can't figure this out is not a good sign.

For her.
Nope. In the US, a lawyer cannot talk to someone who you reasonably believe has a lawyer without consent of their lawyer. You cannot use rationalizations such as "well, the lawyer hasn't been 'activated' yet" or "maybe he's acting as his own lawyer for now"; you must err on the side of caution.

Billie from Ockham

deLurch wrote:So what you we are saying is that even if the Baxters did want to bite on Mykeru's "win-win" proposal, neither the Baxters (without the consent of their current lawyer, who will undoubtedly strongly advise against it), nor the lawyer (for fear of breaking bar rules) will communicate with Mykeru.

If the Baxters want to negotiate or settle prior to initiating court precedings, they are going to have to get a new lawyer.
Nothing stops the Baxters from talking to Mykeru; not now and not even after a suit is filed. Only lawyers are bound by that rule.

It is a slightly gray area when you're negotiating in order to prevent a suit from being filed, but after Mykeru's veiled threats to the lawyer in response to Scary Letter 2.0, the lawyer is correct to play it as safe as possible.

Billie from Ockham

Dave wrote:Meh, overplaying one's hand and citing dodgy references may be technically against the rules but not anything that is likely to get one sanctioned. Communicating directly with another attorney's client is something likely to get you sanctioned if a complaint is made. It makes perfect sense that shes very careful about that rule, and likely would have been whatever Mykeru's response to her Scary Letters was.
I can't argue against this. It doesn't match my feelings, but I can't argue against it.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Heina still hasn't finished her book, but she found time to fuck this Dan Linford guy as hard as possible.
I want to ensure that this follows him, unlike what happened with him at Virginia Tech’s Secular Student Alliance group prior to us knowing him. Dan Linford should never, ever be able to wriggle his way out of being known for who and what he is ever again. He will be held accountable. Even if someone in his life were to be willing to forgive him or believe his remorse, at least they will be able to see the paper trail and make that decision with partial knowledge, since this is not even close to documenting everything shady, creepy, predatory, and just plain wrong that he has done or tried to do.
I hope you're sitting down:
He uses autism and mental illness to excuse his behavior, but that’s not a reasonable excuse or explanation especially when many of the people caught up in this latest round are autistic and/or mentally ill themselves. Indeed, in my own case, I feel my autism made me more vulnerable to his tactics. Furthermore, his pattern of predatory behavior speaks to a level of manipulation and sophistication rather than to random social blunders or awkwardness. The dots connect into a clear picture. As of this writing, a conservative estimate places about two dozen people as having put forth personal accounts of his predatory behavior, many with eerie similarities.
http://archive.is/E4PR9

Billie from Ockham

You know, if he wants to "play" some more, all Mykeru needs to do is send the lawyer a letter saying that he not currently represented by a lawyer in this matter. But I'm only saying this because I'm enjoying it so much and I want it to continue.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tigzy wrote:
"Writing career"? What "writing career", Alex?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:Spike Lee made a documentary called 2FistsUp about the black protests at Missou.

There's a section about Melissa Click, edited to make it appear Mark Scheirbecker hit Melissa Click.
The Melissa Click part begins around 46 minutes in:

http://theundefeated.com/videos/spike-l ... 2-fists-up

The unabashed bullshit spoken in just that one segment makes any black person speaking in the black power idiom sound like a liar,
by association. I don't know if I could watch the whole thing without conditioning myself to become a paranoid racist.

As a teenager, Spike Lee was a huge influence on me. Even going back to School Daze, I always knew there was septic junk floating in his Kool-Aid. But something about this example is particularly galling to me. I can't put my finger on why this is the last straw for me.
Spike Lee is a monster.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Dear Pitizens

Let's clear up a few things:

1. Those folks who says my problem was that I wanted Pitters "to be my own personal army" are revisionist dicks.

The problems, what they were, were two-fold.

a. The time I mocked up some t-shirts and came onto the Pit complaining that even cutting the mark-up to the bone they were ridiculously expensive. Soon after (see above, "revisionist dicks") people started claiming I was greedily trying to sell t-shirts. I see this canard still gets kicked around.

b. Those people whose response to trying to raise money for Ben Radford to defend himself was to criticize the very effort to help, those who I enlisted to bring attention to his plight and raise money, such as A Voice for Men, in the belief that any deviation from a circle jerk was unseemly. That's not me wanting anyone to be my personal army. I can ask people to help, if they want, and I can get annoyed at apathetic fuckwads whose purpose seemed to be disparaging anything but complete inertia. (Also, see above "revisionist dicks")

Furthermore:

Was Radford's fight my fight? Perhaps not, and in hindsight I probably wouldn't have helped someone who apparently couldn't take his own side in an argument. Evinced not by his current fear of speaking out due to the weak-assed agreement he signed with Stollznow that basically put his balls in escrow, but for signing the damned thing itself. And, if you want to know why I went off on Radford on Twitter, think of Radford getting all tense and having Barbara Drescher DM me for tweeting him in the clear, worried about who might be watching. You figure it out.

My fight with Stollznow is for no other reason than she still has not learned that the best way to deal with people is as people, and not as default underlings who she can impose her will on. Because she can't. Because she's not any good at it. Taking pre-emptive punitive action and then simultaneously making overtures to reaching an agreement with one hand and threatening them with the other isn't just not productive, it's self-defeating. Most of my correspondence was spent cleaning up the lawyers loaded language where perfectly protected criticism is uncharitably interpreted as "attacks", the incoherent way that she, while supposedly trying to broker an agreement also threatened litigation. Which may not be in violation of the Colorado Code of Professional conduct, but it is skating on thin ice.
Rule 4.5. Threatening Prosecution
(a) A lawyer shall not threaten criminal, administrative or disciplinary charges to obtain an
advantage in a civil matter nor shall a lawyer present or participate in presenting criminal,
administrative or disciplinary charges solely to obtain an advantage in a civil matter.
At no point in the communication could I figure out if her purpose was to reach an agreement, engage a SLAPP suit or go for "libel per se" suit, as she said:
"Should a Colorado court decide that your publications involved statements of fact about criminal conduct which you intended for your audience to believe as true, you will have the burden of proving to a jury that my clients engaged in criminal behavior absent evidence of criminal convictions or indictments for the alleged conduct."
In other words, even though Stollznow confessed her sins, the fact that Radford never pursued her into a decision on the civil defamation and tortious interference charges or the criminal fraud charge has left anyone who says "Karen Stollznow defamed Ben Radford" open to this cute legalism. Considering the client in question, is it weak? I believe so, but then again this could be the pretext, the window dressing, for what is essentially a SLAPP suit.

What's more, since Stollznow hasn't learned a thing, then there may be some people down the road who will be more vulnerable to her bullying and intimidation tactics than I am.

I do realize that I often take on fights that are not, strictly speaking, my own and because of this I have screwed up fights -- or their avoidance -- that should have be my own.

By mid-april I was not only faced with Stollznow's copyright strike, but one from the Christianos group, plus a buzzing swarm of minor copyright claims attached to videos suck as "The Block Bot and the Dumbification of the Beeb" for incidental music in the background of one clip I used. Schanachie music was monetizing my videos for claimed copyright on Last Kind Word Blues. Following the Stollznow strike I got dicked around by Baxter and, in hindsight, they weren't trying to resolve anything as their later foray into intimidation shows. Which, as you can imagine, the juxtaposition of self-defeating vindictiveness for its own sake has Karen Stollznow written all over it.

At work things have gone from incoherent to psychopathic, which I talked about with Vito on The Wrecking crew, the typical story being how my co-worker and I distributed a task between us in 5 seconds and one of the bosses, following the email trail, asked us to provide the "process". To which I replied "we talked to each other" and it went downhill from there. At the same time, perhaps from walking on circa 1930 tile floors in thin dress shoes my old hit-by-car injury where I fractured my heel began acting up badly, so much so I dug under the bathroom sink for the old percocet from when it was first broken. Plus, because I took money out of my Thrift Savings to have dental work done, which the IRS considers income, at that time I was hit up for several thousand dollars that eviscerated my savings and then some (none of which came from t-shirts, by the way). The only bright spot in all this was I was planning to take a sweet young acquaintance of mine to the National Gallery to see the Vermeer there. You actually have to stand in front of one of his paintings like The Girl in The Red Hat to appreciate the theories that he used some sort of optics in his painting. However, as Vermeer could paint, he could use broader strokes than the painstaking minutiae shown in Tim's Vermeer. Unfortunately, I had to basically hobble to the National Gallery to do the advanced work and, even more unfortunately, when I texted this woman I got a terse and petulant reply. I spent the following four or so days sitting in my apartment with the shades drawn, trying to figure out the failure analysis of how that began a text-based snit that spilled over into email in which I was such a horrible fuck that she ghosted me. As I only had her email and phone number with no other way to contact her once she did that, it was ruthlessly final.

What I figure, maybe, is that with my back up the wall in so many ways I reverted to persona. What made it worse is that I never argue saying vituperative shit in person, which I told her and was true, but the makings were there of the perfect storm to go low and fast in text and email. I'm not bipolar, I just had a really shitty time where, in the end everything is resolved or solvable. Hell, even my winter Seasonal Affective Disorder paunch went away when I lost 20 lbs in the following month and a half. The only thing that could not be fixed was the collateral damage that was her. That's reflected in my podcasts and videos. If the persona hurt her and therefore devastated me, then I wanted to somewhat retire it, kill it, emerge maybe not as a butterfly but as something else. I had that silence to fill up. And since anything I do to approach, explain or apologize could be considered creepy/stalky, all I have there is to do yet another one of those autobiographical acts of confession and reflection that makes some wonder how many of me there are, and simply put it up, probably as a Soundcloud project, as a dumb, pointless, quixotic Hail Mary pass message in a bottle.

I'm not nearly the asshole you may think, but this is one time where the dilemma between being an asshole and a doormat coupled with the over-developed super-hero in long johns sense of justice completely backfired on me.

Which has spilled over into videos and into the podcast that I did with Vito. I am aware that I was interrupting him a lot, it was just an aspect of, with everything going on, the weird manic energy of trying to fight what I could fight and fix what I could fix and not dwell too much on what I couldn't fix.

So, yes, events have pushed me in different directions. I apologize if that appears as inconsistency, bi-polar disorder or multiple personalities.

It's just life. Which some people, yours truly included, often make it suck.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Really? wrote:Heina still hasn't finished her book, but she found time to fuck this Dan Linford guy as hard as possible.
I want to ensure that this follows him, unlike what happened with him at Virginia Tech’s Secular Student Alliance group prior to us knowing him. Dan Linford should never, ever be able to wriggle his way out of being known for who and what he is ever again. He will be held accountable. Even if someone in his life were to be willing to forgive him or believe his remorse, at least they will be able to see the paper trail and make that decision with partial knowledge, since this is not even close to documenting everything shady, creepy, predatory, and just plain wrong that he has done or tried to do.
So she has decided to dedicate her life to ruining his. If she and friends are successful at fucking over his life, he just might not have anything better to do than to dedicate his life to fucking over their lives just as much. They are stacking up enemies. And I am not talking about us here who simply enjoy pointing and laughing at them. They are fertilizing a ground of deep grudges. I shall enjoy watching them reap what they sow.

Really? wrote:I hope you're sitting down:
He uses autism and mental illness to excuse his behavior, but that’s not a reasonable excuse or explanation especially when many of the people caught up in this latest round are autistic and/or mentally ill themselves. Indeed, in my own case, I feel my autism made me more vulnerable to his tactics. Furthermore, his pattern of predatory behavior speaks to a level of manipulation and sophistication rather than to random social blunders or awkwardness. The dots connect into a clear picture. As of this writing, a conservative estimate places about two dozen people as having put forth personal accounts of his predatory behavior, many with eerie similarities.
http://archive.is/E4PR9
Nice touch. His autism is no excuse. But her autism means she bears no responsibility for her decisions or actions. A helpless little autistic girl. The true calling of feminism.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Ashley F. Miller reminds me of the woman in Mark 5:25-34, who'd been on the rag for twelve straight years.

Billie from Ockham

Mykeru wrote:So, yes, events have pushed me in different directions. I apologize if that appears as inconsistency, bi-polar disorder or multiple personalities.
As one of the people who made a comment on this, please believe me that it was driven mostly by disappointment of the sort analogous to when a star player on your favorite team scores an own-goal. It takes a lot to write a letter as long as your destruction of Scary Letter 2.0 without throwing in a gratuitous attack or threat; I thought that your response was brilliant ... right up there with some of your old videos. So dragging in Radford when it seems that he just wants it all to go away came across as uncool and unhinged. I know that fighting a relatively high-stakes battle on your own is difficult, especially when it seems as if others ought to be helping. But I don't believe that bringing in Radford directly was the correct thing to do, especially when he might be constrained by a legal agreement with Stollznow.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Bhurzum wrote:Well, this is bound to rustle some jimmies!

Yep. I understand his concerns. Demographics is destiny. Just ask the Copts in Egypt or Sudan. The hysterics will continue just as it has for the last five years because the TFR in Turkey has seen a rapid decline. From 6.30 in the '50s to the current 2.11 (which as I recall is just below replacement rate).

If things continue as they are, and I believe they will, Turkey will have to accept that there will be no revival of the Ottaman empire in any way shape or form. Instead they are going to see their area of domain diminish.

Their current crop of eligible fighting men is the largest it is going to be. As these men age, there is a declining pool from which to get replacements. The Kurds are going to break away and they will not be able to stop them because they will lack the manpower.

They have company though. Iran for example is facing the same issue. In fact, the last I heard the entire Islamic world is facing a demographic collapse.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Mykeru wrote:Dear Pitizens
<snip>
Hope you didn't take it too personally when I called you a "fucking asshole." I was mainly thinking of that barrage of scat images you inflicted upon us some time ago, along with your general assholery.

Sorry to hear you've had a rough time lately.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Michael J wrote:Almost fell for it again
Crap. I'm soooo gullible. I'm now having a sad.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I only realized that I had been had a few hours ago myself. Look. If you do not say anything. I will not either. OK?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Mykeru wrote:...
Mykeru, just do what Heina does. Declare you have autism, therefore you bear no responsibility for your own choices & actions, and everything is everyone else's fault. It is a hell of a short cut on self introspection. Think of it as a time saver.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Ben may not have accomplished everything we might have wished. And I think we all read early on that 99.9% of civil lawsuits end in settlement. But he did accomplish something. He showed that if the SJWs continue to mouth off with unsubstantiated accusations, that someone may eventually take them to court. It was a huge cost to him both in terms of years and money to the tune of about $200k. Stollznow didn't walk away scott free either. She drug Baxter down with her (but he had all of the information to know better). Now they are debasing themselves for a $30 phone bill.

It bought the atheist/skeptic community a couple years of peace from that bullshit. It does appear they are starting it up again, but with smaller prey, and the fools that run in their SJW/feminist circles.

John D

Post by John D »

1. Those folks who says my problem was that I wanted Pitters "to be my own personal army" are revisionist dicks.

a. The time I mocked up some t-shirts and came onto the Pit complaining that even cutting the mark-up to the bone they were ridiculously expensive. Soon after (see above, "revisionist dicks") people started claiming I was greedily trying to sell t-shirts. I see this canard still gets kicked around.

b. Those people whose response to trying to raise money for Ben Radford to defend himself was to criticize the very effort to help, those who I enlisted to bring attention to his plight and raise money, such as A Voice for Men, in the belief that any deviation from a circle jerk was unseemly. That's not me wanting anyone to be my personal army. I can ask people to help, if they want, and I can get annoyed at apathetic fuckwads whose purpose seemed to be disparaging anything but complete inertia. (Also, see above "revisionist dicks")

snip...
You conveniently left off step c. This is the step where you decided to call PZs university and claim he was a disgrace to them and something should be done. Many of us, myself included, said we thought it was a bad idea. Ultimately, this was your choice and you proceeded with your plan. It was directly after this event that you dropped out of here. This is how a remember the event. Still, I am getting older and a do sometimes forget shit. I also have a poison ivy rash and I was stung by a big fucking wasp Sunday... so... yeah.

You are essentially correct about the over priced t-shirt fight. A few people said your shirts where over priced and it resulted in a twenty page back-and-forth grudge match on the pit. I am 100% apathetic about the t-shirt topic and don't recall make any comments on this.

I also recall the AVfM fight as well. Perhaps this only lasted ten pages. I also had no interest in this topic and I don't think I posted anything regarding AVfM

Just remember. No one kicked you out. You decided to leave. Personally, I think you are very entertaining and I would welcome your posting here again. But... it is obviously up to you if it is worth putting up with our being ass-holes so that you can display your own special ass-hole-ness.

Dave

Post by Dave »

If I ever called you a fucking asshole, I meant it in the most respectful, complimentary way.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

AndrewV69 wrote:

Yep. I understand his concerns. Demographics is destiny. Just ask the Copts in Egypt or Sudan. The hysterics will continue just as it has for the last five years because the TFR in Turkey has seen a rapid decline. From 6.30 in the '50s to the current 2.11 (which as I recall is just below replacement rate).

If things continue as they are, and I believe they will, Turkey will have to accept that there will be no revival of the Ottaman empire in any way shape or form. Instead they are going to see their area of domain diminish.

Their current crop of eligible fighting men is the largest it is going to be. As these men age, there is a declining pool from which to get replacements. The Kurds are going to break away and they will not be able to stop them because they will lack the manpower.

They have company though. Iran for example is facing the same issue. In fact, the last I heard the entire Islamic world is facing a demographic collapse.
I think that a reduction of the ambitions of Turkey might actually be a good thing. The Turks need to realize that the Ottoman Empire is over and there's nothing they can do that can bring it back. The sooner they'll understand this the better.

The rates of fertility are dropping pretty much everywhere, and that's not necessarily a bad thing, because the alternative is a demographic explosion which in the end would cause mass starvation, tensions and likely large-scale wars. The population of Earth will likely reach a peak of 10-11 billions before it'll start to slowly decline, and that's a better alternative to a global population of 30 or 40 billion.

The problem is that we still have no clue how to handle the transition period. The problem isn't the decline of the world population per se but the fact that we'll have an aging population which is no longer supported by young workers. China will likely deal with this crisis by promoting euthanasia for the elderly (willing or not), but other nations won't be this coldly and ruthlessly pragmatic.

Also the ecological crisis caused by global warming will likely cause droughts, crop failures and wars to have access to source of water. In this scenario I think that a large scale war in the Middle East will be very, very hard to avoid.

Another problem will be the fact that the rates of fertility will be very high among the members of traditional reactionary groups, so they'll become more and more influential and deranged, and they'll contribute heavily to tensions and wars.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote:Personally, I think you are very entertaining and I would welcome your posting here again
Agreed.

Also, whilst we're on the subject, what happened to that caustically sarcastic shitlord Michael Kingsford Gray? Also, did I even remember/spell his name correctly?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

deLurch wrote:What is interesting about this round of anonymous rape accusations & rumor mongering is that that are going after small unknown people.

Is it because they have already tarred all of the big names? Or do they think that all of the smaller names will make easier targets who won't have the pre-established reputations to fight back?

I would like to note that one common denominator both accusees have is the Secular Student Alliance.
They might be small unknown names but it's still people with job positions that people want.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Mykeru wrote:
(snip)

The only bright spot in all this was I was planning to take a sweet young acquaintance of mine to the National Gallery to see the Vermeer there. (((jewish snip))) Unfortunately, I had to basically hobble to the National Gallery to do the advanced work and, even more unfortunately, when I texted this woman I got a terse and petulant reply. I spent the following four or so days sitting in my apartment with the shades drawn, trying to figure out the failure analysis of how that began a text-based snit that spilled over into email in which I was such a horrible fuck that she ghosted me. As I only had her email and phone number with no other way to contact her once she did that, it was ruthlessly final.

(((snip there goes the foreskin)))

I'm not nearly the asshole you may think, but this is one time where the dilemma between being an asshole and a doormat coupled with the over-developed super-hero in long johns sense of justice completely backfired on me.

(((Hello Git)))
There's your problem right there, but it seems by that last comment you're aware of your issue. You did "advanced work" before you were going to take some woman you hardly knew to the Art Gallery? Seriously? Did you want to impress her with how much you knew? Then you fell into a funk because she blew you off.

If you didn't give women so much power over you you would be a little less frigging mad at the world. Stollznow may be a Ukranian name but whatever her issues she's not your frigging ex. Yes, I watched your video.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

snip...
I stand by my summary of the events.

You wanted the pit to follow along with your tactics, or, at a minimum, not take pot shots at those tactics while standing on the sidelines (someone compared you to Surly Amy over the t-shirt thing, which is an admitted low blow). When that didn't happen you threw a literal shit fit, which has since become legend.

While I understand the frustration with trying to persuade fence-straddlers (after Myers doxxed Skep I really couldn't understand why there were people who still wouldn't do anything), and I respect the thankless work you do, the pit is nobody's army.

I'd say you should come back but we clearly get your blood pressure up, and it sounds like you have enough stress in your life right now.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Mykeru wrote: My fight with Stollznow is for no other reason than she still has not learned that the best way to deal with people is as people, and not as default underlings who she can impose her will on.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vQPa2bHpYLI/T ... kettle.jpg

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

PZ's fave feminist youtuber:
[youtube]-XmYpmQeuI0[/youtube]

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

jet_lagg wrote: While I understand the frustration with trying to persuade fence-straddlers (after Myers doxxed Skep I really couldn't understand why there were people who still wouldn't do anything), and I respect the thankless work you do, the pit is nobody's army.
I believe the biggest reason was she asked us not to do anything.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

I remember the issue as being you wanted to go after PZ in RL-calling his employer and such. The Pit disagreed. AmI being revisionist or can someone back me up?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

free thoughtpolice wrote:PZ's fave feminist youtuber:
[youtube]-XmYpmQeuI0[/youtube]
I couldn't resist posting a highly toxic comment. Yes, I'm that childish!

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

katamari Damassi wrote:
I remember the issue as being you wanted to go after PZ in RL-calling his employer and such. The Pit disagreed. AmI being revisionist or can someone back me up?
You don't need someone to back you up. John D already made this point. You are backing him up.

:nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin:

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

AndrewV69 wrote:

That article said that Turkey's population has increased 68 to 78.2 million since 2000. Doesn't sound like a demographic collapse.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Yes and Skep requested several times that no action be taken about her doxx. However that does not mean it was ignored. I mention it when appropriate to show people how vile SJW's like Myer's, Zvan, Benson and Watson really are.

Mykeru, the reaon I am here is I do not dance to any tune except mine. If that aligns with your tune then great, if not that's fine too but no one will ever suceed in trying to tell me what to do and what to think. Equally I will not try to tell people what they must think or do.

I wish you sucess with Karen and Co and i think you are doing great work there. That does not mean anyone owes you anything.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Billie from Ockham wrote:http://i.imgur.com/3QnHrzg.jpg

There is only one explanation for the above (and when I find out who did it, I'm coming after your ass, Mykeru-style): I've been doxxed to The Orbit to the extent that someone told them that today is my birthday.

There is not enough popcorn in the world for this one.
Happy Birthday, and long may you continue to post to the pit -- I especially enjoy reading your posts, even if I don't always agree.

John D

Post by John D »

Cool... I finally ninja'd someone... but Katamari must have me on ignore.... :(

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

John D wrote:Cool... I finally ninja'd someone... but Katamari must have me on ignore.... :(

I think Wonderist and Cunt are the only ones I have on ignore. I have wifi access issues so I'm often reading the pit on my phone and I miss a lot because I tend to skim until I see something attention grabbing.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Operation Missing Stair continues apace, as a third accusation has been posted. So far it's been fairly haphazard, but I expect that eventually all the various accusations will be sorted and organized in an accessible format. I humbly suggest top trumps.

John D

Post by John D »

katamari Damassi wrote:
John D wrote:Cool... I finally ninja'd someone... but Katamari must have me on ignore.... :(

I think Wonderist and Cunt are the only ones I have on ignore. I have wifi access issues so I'm often reading the pit on my phone and I miss a lot because I tend to skim until I see something attention grabbing.
Excellent... then it was a genuine ninja!

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I think Mykeru should come back because he left just as we started winning: when Mick Nugent turned up the heat on Myers, when other atheists started to put a distance between him and themselves, before Avigate, before Benson was burnt by the Trannish Inquisition, before Carrier blew his load, and before the most vicious of the hordlings fucked off into Orbit.

As someone who was part of the Pit long before myself, he should have had his share of the fun.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

d4m10n wrote:Operation Missing Stair continues apace, as a third accusation has been posted. So far it's been fairly haphazard, but I expect that eventually all the various accusations will be sorted and organized in an accessible format. I humbly suggest top trumps.
Isn't the accused a member of the FTB Horde?

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

deLurch wrote:Ben may not have accomplished everything we might have wished. And I think we all read early on that 99.9% of civil lawsuits end in settlement. But he did accomplish something. He showed that if the SJWs continue to mouth off with unsubstantiated accusations, that someone may eventually take them to court. It was a huge cost to him both in terms of years and money to the tune of about $200k. Stollznow didn't walk away scott free either. She drug Baxter down with her (but he had all of the information to know better). Now they are debasing themselves for a $30 phone bill.
Which makes me ask, as I did Vito, "Are they sniffing coke of a hooker's tits?" because I wonder what happened to the $60k, which could be easily cleared up with an accounting of her expenses and a receipt from whatever "sexual assault victim's center" she was to donate the remainder to. If she kept any of it, they sure burned through it fast, or it's just the control junkie principle that caused Stollznow to wind up Baxter and send him out collecting pocket change.

Sure, litigation cost money, but unless people start pushing back by bringing these clowns to court, their primary playground will always be the court of public opinion where the rules of evidence are slight and superseded by ideology.
John D wrote:
You conveniently left off step c. This is the step where you decided to call PZs university and claim he was a disgrace to them and something should be done. Many of us, myself included, said we thought it was a bad idea. Ultimately, this was your choice and you proceeded with your plan. It was directly after this event that you dropped out of here. This is how a remember the event. Still, I am getting older and a do sometimes forget shit. I also have a poison ivy rash and I was stung by a big fucking wasp Sunday... so... yeah.
You conveniently left out that the reason I called the PR department was that Myers doxed Skep-tickle and provided identifying information, including that of her employer and encouraged his half-assed minions to harass her and engage in tortious interference in the real world. That was disgraceful.

You wouldn't have handled it that way? That's fine. However I'm not the only one who didn't manage consistency in agreeing to disagree. A whole lot of people in this place seem to be critics for its own sake and very often what they are most critical of is anything that rises above apathy. Which is typified by the AVfM issue where people sniffed at the idea of involving those people (my word, what will the bridge club think?) without actually offering any constructive alternative.
Cunning Punt wrote:

There's your problem right there, but it seems by that last comment you're aware of your issue. You did "advanced work" before you were going to take some woman you hardly knew to the Art Gallery? Seriously? Did you want to impress her with how much you knew? Then you fell into a funk because she blew you off.
Well, thanks for the uncharitable interpretation, but the National Gallery is a few blocks away and I had to go for a walk before the work-related incoherence made my brain implode. And no, it wasn't to show how much I know. The little text under the painting that says "Girl with the Red Hat c. 1665/1666. Johannes Vermeer, Dutch, 1632 - 1675" doesn't really get you all that far from the Cliff Notes point of view. Mostly the "advance work" was to check the cafe hours.
If you didn't give women so much power over you you would be a little less frigging mad at the world. Stollznow may be a Ukranian name but whatever her issues she's not your frigging ex. Yes, I watched your video.
Ah, see, I missed this sort of Pit Omniscience*. Someone makes a joke about how I must be attracted to Stollznow due to my psycho ex-GF and you just ran with it? Didn't you? Did it hurt pulling something that big and convoluted out of your ass? Because my actual interactions with Karen Stollznow, in person, online or in email can be counted on one hand if you cut all your fingers off. That is, because of the way she operates she always works through intermediaries. And I have treated her, in that regard as I would anyone who has a history of harassment and intimidation who then comes after me.

But thanks for the Red Pill, dipshit.

*No, no I didn't. It's a waste of fucking brain cells
jet_lagg wrote:
You wanted the pit to follow along with your tactics, or, at a minimum, not take pot shots at those tactics while standing on the sidelines (someone compared you to Surly Amy over the t-shirt thing, which is an admitted low blow). When that didn't happen you threw a literal shit fit, which has since become legend.
Yeah, like the legend of my t-shirt greed and "doxing P.Z. Myers". Pit legends: They're no more true than other legends.
comhcinc wrote:
Mykeru wrote: My fight with Stollznow is for no other reason than she still has not learned that the best way to deal with people is as people, and not as default underlings who she can impose her will on.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vQPa2bHpYLI/T ... kettle.jpg
Yeah, I miss that late 90s humor too.
katamari Damassi wrote:I remember the issue as being you wanted to go after PZ in RL-calling his employer and such.
Yes, I called the Public Relations Department, who had toted the fine contributions of Myers to inform them that he doxed a medical doctor and then provided personally identifiable information and encouraged his semi-literate readership to harass her and engage in tortious interference in real life.

In "Pit-Speak" that's called "going after" Myers by "calling his employer". And qualifies the discriminating Pitter to a free flop on the fainting couch.

Hey thanks for the trip down cyclical memory lane, kids.

Billie from Ockham

Shatterface wrote:...before Benson was burnt by the Trannish Inquisition...
This caused a coffee-covered keyboard (folllowed by choking and gasping). :clap:

John D

Post by John D »

d4m10n wrote:Operation Missing Stair continues apace, as a third accusation has been posted. So far it's been fairly haphazard, but I expect that eventually all the various accusations will be sorted and organized in an accessible format. I humbly suggest top trumps.
Hoho - These fucking people are sick. They must have a phobic fear about human contact.

I met a bunch of this type of woman when I was active in Sunday Assembly. One of the nicest and most gregarious guys was shunned by the group because he was the kind of person that took your hand right away... or patted you on the back... or did the two hand style handshake.

My daughter's really liked him right away and they were never creeped out by him. He was really just super friendly. But, the touch-phobic ladies called him "grabby".

I suggested he should be our greeter at Sunday Assembly. He would have been great at it. He remembered everyone's name and was happy to meet people.... but... no... the touch phobic bitches thought he was creepy.

I suspect there have been some third hand rumors about him by now. There are some really vile/strange/pathetic people out there.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Dave wrote:
If I ever called you a fucking asshole, I meant it in the most respectful, complimentary way.
I, for one, really like fucking assholes.

dogen

Post by dogen »

John D wrote:
Hoho - These fucking people are sick. They must have a phobic fear about human contact.

I met a bunch of this type of woman when I was active in Sunday Assembly. One of the nicest and most gregarious guys was shunned by the group because he was the kind of person that took your hand right away... or patted you on the back... or did the two hand style handshake.

My daughter's really liked him right away and they were never creeped out by him. He was really just super friendly. But, the touch-phobic ladies called him "grabby".

I suggested he should be our greeter at Sunday Assembly. He would have been great at it. He remembered everyone's name and was happy to meet people.... but... no... the touch phobic bitches thought he was creepy.

I suspect there have been some third hand rumors about him by now. There are some really vile/strange/pathetic people out there.
[youtube]Z8zNsUTWsOc[/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

OMG Marijuanabitch is a rapist too! :o
All those paleontologists ever think of is giant boners. He's a long time baboon and has been a faithful SJW the whole time.

John D

Post by John D »

Mykeru wrote:
John D wrote:
You conveniently left out that the reason I called the PR department was that Myers doxed Skep-tickle and provided identifying information, including that of her employer and encouraged his half-assed minions to harass her and engage in tortious interference in the real world. That was disgraceful.

You wouldn't have handled it that way? That's fine. However I'm not the only one who didn't manage consistency in agreeing to disagree. A whole lot of people in this place seem to be critics for its own sake and very often what they are most critical of is anything that rises above apathy. Which is typified by the AVfM issue where people sniffed at the idea of involving those people (my word, what will the bridge club think?) without actually offering any constructive alternative.
I agree with your additions to the story. I don't have any trouble with having a disagreement with someone on the pit. There are several long standing disagreements here.... some minor... and some more serious. I just wanted to say that it is up to you if you want to post here. I enjoy your posts (for the most part), even when I disagree with you. You don't have to leave just because some of us think you are wrong.

My recollection is that the PZ doxing thing was the last thing you did that involved the pit. You split right after this affair. It is just part of the timeline. The t-shirt thing was well before this... and the AVfM was after t-shirts and before PZ. Just talking about the timeline here.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Mykeru wrote:
jet_lagg wrote: When that didn't happen you threw a literal shit fit, which has since become legend.
Yeah, like the legend of my t-shirt greed and "doxing P.Z. Myers". Pit legends: They're no more true than other legends.
Yes. We all imagined the gifs. Who is the revisionist again?

John D

Post by John D »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
All those paleontologists ever think of is giant boners. He's a long time baboon and has been a faithful SJW the whole time.
It is fun to watch them eat their own!

John D

Post by John D »

jet_lagg wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
jet_lagg wrote: When that didn't happen you threw a literal shit fit, which has since become legend.
Yes. We all imagined the gifs. Who is the revisionist again?
Oh FUCK! I forgot all the shit gifs. I must have blocked that out of my memory. :lol:

Billie from Ockham

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:I, for one, really like fucking assholes.
I'd say that I saw what you did there, but only if I'm allowed to specify verb or adjective.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Isn't the accused a member of the FTB Horde?
Why yes. Yes he is.

So far, it looks like those who are gonna be hit the hardest are the SJW/feminist goony beard blokes who hang around in those circles - as it's pretty clear the more normal fellas in atheist/skeptic spheres have by now learned to keep their distance from these SJW harridans (and few would see it as a great loss, I'd wager, unless they have a thing for greasy blue hair, problem glasses, chubbiness and unkempt twiglet pubes (h/t Greta)) In the end, the take-home message will be that social justice has a rape and harassment problem - not that any of the usual suspects will admit that; no, it'll just be the usual atheist rape problem BS. In any case, I look forward to seeing these named and shamed feminist males telling us to believe the women.

Also - Carrier. How long, do you reckon? I give it an average caucasian week before he's named.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Ok think that in a way the fucking SJW wing of the schism were right. Maybe there really is a problem with organized atheism/Skepticism. We didn't see it because we are (hopefully) none of us creepers or rapists. They declared us evil, we looked at ourselves and said "sure, but not in that way towards women" and every male that declared for Social Justice Warriorism is a grade A dirtbag sleaze.

I'm serious. Every male proudly declaring himself a feminist seems to have issues, to put it delicately. It would not surprise me in the least if there really was a problem with sleazy dudes in the movement, but those dumb cows assigned us to be the problem instead of the creeps they were hiding under the covers with.